Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E09: The Teflon Queen

• Start Topic

I have a glimmer of hope for Janelle, but if she doesn't leave that ass hat after seeing how bad he treats and hurts her children, I don't care if they are legally adults, then she is just as disgusting as him in my eyes. How could any mother just watch that interaction with Gabe and Kody and shrug her shoulders? Especially since she is the only skilled worker in the bunch. She could leave and get a regular job like she had before instead of relying on MLMs like Christine and Meri who have no job skills.

As far as Meri, she is lying about poor lonesome me just by looking at her social media, however, I think she is scared to leave since the first time she talked to someone else she was catfished and publicly humiliated so bad.

• Love 21
16 hours ago, LilyD said:

I did not get Janelle's support to lay down the law + Robyn is the only obedient wife=fundie culture... I'm starting to wonder whether Kody is related to Jim Bob Duggar! With his newfound views, he should contact the Duggars and ask if he can join their church community.  He no longer has multiple wives so nothing to stop him there.

And he is legally married to his soulmate 💘

• Love 8
7 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

The kids are right.  They would be the ones taking care of their  mom because they live with her.  Once you test positive, you are supposed to isolate.

Yep, as you said, he couldn't be bothered to even try to come to the hospital, let alone take care of Ysabel when she came home. And he was more concerned with his own beauty sleep than his very sick toddler who nearly died because of his neglect. So why would he suddenly show up to take care of a sick wife?

Kody knew Gabe was right on almost all accounts and had no defence against it, which is probably why he attacked him so ruthlessly! His ego got hurt because his son is a better person in every way.

• Love 19
1 hour ago, LilyD said:

Yep, as you said, he couldn't be bothered to even try to come to the hospital, let alone take care of Ysabel when she came home. And he was more concerned with his own beauty sleep than his very sick toddler who nearly died because of his neglect. So why would he suddenly show up to take care of a sick wife?

Kody knew Gabe was right on almost all accounts and had no defence against it, which is probably why he attacked him so ruthlessly! His ego got hurt because his son is a better person in every way.

I thought Gabe handled himself well against Kody, he was heartfelt yet calm and reasonable, but it wouldn’t have mattered to Kody how he reacted because he is such a narcissist he only considers his own point of view. Kody is so angry and frustrated that he only sees that his wives and kids are against him, it doesn’t matter one iota what they think, or feel……they’re not obeying him.  He has no regard for their concerns. It must be difficult for these kids realizing as they get older what an asshole their Dad is to their mothers and themselves.

• Love 21
54 minutes ago, endure said:

Then she would be 5 when this was taped the previous year, right?

She was born in January 2016. They are currently showing 2020. So for the Christmas we just saw, she was 4. In real time, she turned 6 last  week.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

Can't imagine giving a 4 year old just shy of her 5th birthday pacifiers as a gift. Most. kids that age would throw them back at you and storm off. Could they possilbly be doll pacifiers? Only asking because if they weere given to Ari for her use I find that really strange. 

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

Only asking because if they weere given to Ari for her use I find that really strange. 

There was a picture of her sitting on Sobyn's lap sucking on one.  Disturbing.

2022-01-20_10-23-18.jpg

Edited by Cetacean
  • Love 10
11 hours ago, deirdra said:

She turned 6 on Jan 10th

Not sure how old she would have been at this particular Christmas then. I am very confused as to what year it was. Even at 6, she probably doesn't have the reading skills to recognize the names of all those siblings. My granddaughter is 5 and she can recognize her brother's name, but she only has one brother.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Was this Christmas 2020?  If so a kid almost 5 should not be sucking on  a pacifier. Tell  her that they are going away and let her have a meltdown for a few nights. Robyn probably doesn't want her sleep disturbed by Ari throwing a fit. 

2 minutes ago, lilysmom said:

Not sure how old she would have been at this particular Christmas then. I am very confused as to what year it was. Even at 6, she probably doesn't have the reading skills to recognize the names of all those siblings. My granddaughter is 5 and she can recognize her brother's name, but she only has one brother.

The pacifier that we are discussing was given to her at Christmas 2020. So she would have been 4 almost 5. 

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, lilysmom said:

Not sure how old she would have been at this particular Christmas then. I am very confused as to what year it was.

3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

She was born in January 2016. They are currently showing 2020.

So she would have been a couple of weeks shy of her 5th birthday.  Knowing the Browns aren't the sharpest tools in the shed, it wouldn't surprise me if there has been no schooling at all. 

My nieces could all read by the time they hit kindergarten but their parents read to them every night.  

• Love 8
10 hours ago, mscav said:

I have a glimmer of hope for Janelle, but if she doesn't leave that ass hat after seeing how bad he treats and hurts her children, I don't care if they are legally adults, then she is just as disgusting as him in my eyes. How could any mother just watch that interaction with Gabe and Kody and shrug her shoulders? Especially since she is the only skilled worker in the bunch. She could leave and get a regular job like she had before instead of relying on MLMs like Christine and Meri who have no job skills.

As far as Meri, she is lying about poor lonesome me just by looking at her social media, however, I think she is scared to leave since the first time she talked to someone else she was catfished and publicly humiliated so bad.

Agree with the above about Janelle but ESPECIALLY the bit about Meri. I think she’s very scared now, she wore her heart on her sleeve for that character “Sam”. BUT, Meri was also warned he was fake before she dove in so, her own fault.

I think part of the reason Meri puts on such a (fake) strong front is to distance herself from the humiliation, even years later. I think she realises  a person of Sam-caliber—if that persona existed— would not be interested in a pudgy, middle age, uncultured, animal-eating dolt like Meri. She got burned, bad, and it was her own fault. 

And now she’s convinced that following Kody’s rules and staying on Team Robyn will win her points in Kody’s eyes (ya know I’d feel sorry for her if she weren’t such a terrible person). 

• Love 9

There is no firm guidance on pacifiers, but most pediatricians want parents to wean their kids off of them between ages 2-4.  At age 6, when permanent teeth come in,  it becomes more pressing to get kids off pacifiers.

Per the video evidence in this episode it appears Robyn is supporting the upper age limit in the range.

Edited by Ms.Lulu
  • Useful 5
  • Love 1
41 minutes ago, Cetacean said:

So she would have been a couple of weeks shy of her 5th birthday.  Knowing the Browns aren't the sharpest tools in the shed, it wouldn't surprise me if there has been no schooling at all. 

My nieces could all read by the time they hit kindergarten but their parents read to them every night.  

One of my granddaughters was reading fluently by 4 years old.  At first, I thought she had memorized the words on each page according to the pictures, then when I brought her new books, she could manage to read them without having seen them before (with frequent glances at me for assurance that she had it right).

This is a tribute to my son and daughter in law who took the time to read with her and explain the meaning of words she did not know. Ariella has 4 older siblings and 2 adults in the family who could spend reading time with her at least to the point she would recognize family names.

• Love 9

Robyn and Kootie are bone-lazy.  They probably lock their bedroom door and let all five kids fend for themselves.  Robyn believes she should spend all her time modeling her VS wardrobe, sleeping, and being Kootie's dominatrix.  

Shitty parenting at its worst.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 9

I totally agree with the all the analyses of Robyn, and I think it was made blatantly clear in this episode that she's top wife and she pulls the strings behind the scenes.

BUT I'm not sure she wants Kody around all the time. She seems annoyed by him a lot. I do think she wants him at her beck and call. She might want to be rid of him at frequent intervals, but she wants him to want to be with her all the time, if that makes sense. 

• Love 16

Out in public and unmasked indoors K'Douche?!? What a fucking hypocrite these two are. They make me sick.

And not for nothing but a father talking shit about his baby momma to their child - the Teflon comment - is about as low/bad parenting as you can get.

• Love 24

I just looked back at the clip of the opening of gifts and the gift Ari received does not appear to be pacifiers. It isn't obvious what it is,  but it reminded me of some of the Melissa and Doug toys, like the wooden "paper dolls". That is just a guess. Also after saying "Was it her or her?," Ari says, " Thank you Savanah". Now I know we cannot really know the personality of any of the family members,  but Savanah does not seem the type to give her little sister a gift to make fun of her. I think the original poster who asked if the gift was pacifiers was joking.  I do agree with the consensus that it is time (or past time) the pacifiers were taken away, but I don't think the gift she opened in that scene consisted of pacifiers. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 11
40 minutes ago, gingerella said:

Out in public and unmasked indoors K'Douche?!? What a fucking hypocrite these two are. They make me sick.

And not for nothing but a father talking shit about his baby momma to their child - the Teflon comment - is about as low/bad parenting as you can get.

Kootie and Robyn are expert in parental alienation.  Robyn with her purity speech about how her ex stole her cookie, and Kootie dissing Janelle to Gabriel.  There are probably many more examples of this from those two narcissists that only care about themselves.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, notnowimbusy said:

Somebody posted this on Twitter.  The Brown's out to dinner in Sedona last night.   Zoom in to the champagne glasses.2090509325_qb3jrloqhuc81copy.png.a183c8b932fe1fd060ffcd0cd0ee2396.png

The look of rapt attention on his face says it all.  Kody is IN LOVE, maybe for the first time in his life.  I'm sure he loved Meri and certain things about Janelle and Christine, but he has never felt the depth of this emotion before and after 10+ years with Robyn, it's still as strong as when new.

Game over, you others, you are there to sustain the possibility of squeezing another year out of TLC and after that, don't bother us.

Robyn doesn't even appear to be saying anything that would command this fascination...in fact, the look on her face suggests she just smelled a fart.

• LOL 8
  • Love 14
37 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

The look of rapt attention on his face says it all.  Kody is IN LOVE, maybe for the first time in his life.  I'm sure he loved Meri and certain things about Janelle and Christine, but he has never felt the depth of this emotion before and after 10+ years with Robyn, it's still as strong as when new.

Game over, you others, you are there to sustain the possibility of squeezing another year out of TLC and after that, don't bother us.

Robyn doesn't even appear to be saying anything that would command this fascination...in fact, the look on her face suggests she just smelled a fart.

I’ve noticed this about Kody at other times, too. Even when he is irritated during a group discussion with the wives, his face and eyes soften a little when Robyn speaks.

In this pic, Robyn looks to be trying to scrunch up her face in a “woe is me” expression—maybe get a fake tear or two out. Maybe she’s complaining that views of the show are going to blame her for the breakup of the family, which of course, could not be “…further from the truth! I’m the scapegoat of the Brown family!” 🙄🙄🙄

1 minute ago, Adiba said:

I’ve noticed this about Kody at other times, too. Even when he is irritated during a group discussion with the wives, his face and eyes soften a little when Robyn speaks.

In this pic, Robyn looks to be trying to scrunch up her face in a “woe is me” expression—maybe get a fake tear or two out. Maybe she’s complaining that viewers of the show are going to blame her for the breakup of the family, which of course, she would say, could not be “…further from the truth! I’m the scapegoat of the Brown family!” 🙄🙄🙄

Sorry, double posted somehow?

Edited by Adiba
  • Love 12
On 1/17/2022 at 12:36 PM, Adeejay said:

I don't believe Robyn is a Joseph Smith follower.  Celebrating Joseph Smith’s birthday had always been a huge deal for Christine. She said that each wife brought a tradition into the family and that was hers.  After 16 years, Kody suddenly decided they were no longer going to do so, because it was “weird”.  Interestingly, it was right after Robyn joined the family. 

On 1/17/2022 at 12:46 PM, nosedive said:

Joseph Smith began the Mormon religion.  I would think he would factor into their belief system for that reason.  I noticed a framed picture in Robyn's house that I assumed was Moroni, though I didn't look very closely.  Having their origins in the Mormon religion, I have always assumed they recognized the same prophets.  Anyone who is in the know, please illuminate me.  I'm only guessing here.  

I was raised LDS (aka mainstream Mormon) and I have NEVER heard of anyone celebrating Joseph Smith's birthday!  That is so weird.  Maybe it's an AUB(or whatever Christine was raised in)  thing.  We definitely follow Jesus and one of Robyn's "art" pieces is a sculpture that is in a lot of Mormon places so she definitely "follows" Joseph Smith in my opinion. 

Link to the sculpture:  Google search of the Jesus statue common in Mormon places likes temple visitor centers, etc.

Edited by JenMcSnark
Because I'm not sure Christine was raised AUB or what
  • Useful 8
  • Love 1

He probably had to take her out for a nice dinner, and champagne to make up for, most likely, having to spend time with  Janelle on their anniversary & his birthday (both on the 17th).    "Oh Kody hurry home Ari & Sol are crying, you've been gone for two hours"

• LOL 5
  • Love 10
Just now, notnowimbusy said:

He probably had to take her out for a nice dinner, and champagne to make up for, most likely, having to spend time with  Janelle on their anniversary & his birthday (both on the 17th).    "Oh Kody hurry home Ari & Sol are crying, you've been gone for two hours"

Janelle (the poorest of the wives) needs to run NOW.  but she never will.  Sobbyn Robbyn is such a fake piece of shit.  I was CRINGING when they had the TH about Janelle's mother.  Bitch.  and again, GET RID OF THE EYEBROWS, ROBIN.

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, Boston said:

Janelle (the poorest of the wives) needs to run NOW.  but she never will.  Sobbyn Robbyn is such a fake piece of shit.  I was CRINGING when they had the TH about Janelle's mother.  Bitch.  and again, GET RID OF THE EYEBROWS, ROBIN.

I hate to say it but Kody wasn't far wrong.  Janelle truly is the Teflon Queen.  All indignities pushed on her or her kids seems to slide right off her.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
On 1/19/2022 at 4:45 AM, Elodia said:

I just read over at reddit that Paedon said on his Tic Toc account that Christine and the others are currently filming....

Did he actually say Christine was? I saw one quote over there where he said “they” were filming and it seemed just vague enough to make me wonder.

As much as I’d like her to remain on the show, it seems like it would be pretty awful for the kids to see much more of this conflict broadcast to the world. 

Edited by Tabbygirl521
Fixed some ridiculous autocorrects
  • Love 6

I also read they are filming, including Christine.   I'm glad she's doing it, and getting a paycheck.  She can snark, complain, and feel free to tell the truth - it should be fabulous.   Especially if Meri tells her to "look at the mountain" and we can watch Christine go nuts.

• LOL 4
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

I hate to say it but Kody wasn't far wrong.  Janelle truly is the Teflon Queen.  All indignities pushed on her or her kids seems to slide right off her.

I think it's more that Janelle is so inert that she just has no reaction.  And, even when she does, her reaction is nullified or meaningless.

• Love 8

image.jpeg.6b55cd100ff5885c703cc44b7a93a277.jpeg

I read a lot about people commenting on Ari’s age and still needing a pacifier. But what really baffles me, is that they let her go around the house with it! Is she using it for the best part of the day? This makes the whole pacifier thing 10 times worse! She’s no baby!

On a whole different note…. When I look at Dayton here, I get pretty strong Robyn vibes! He really resembles his mom, not just in looks, but in his facial expressions as well. It’s the same uninterested, tired and bored look.

• Love 12
5 hours ago, JenMcSnark said:

I was raised LDS (aka mainstream Mormon) and I have NEVER heard of anyone celebrating Joseph Smith's birthday!  That is so weird.  Maybe it's an AUB(or whatever Christine was raised in)  thing. 

Kody said the exact same thing.  LOL.  Christine stated that each wife brought something special into the marriage and celebrating Joseph Smith's birthday was hers.  The year Robyn joined the family, Kody put a kibosh on that, and they opted to celebrate Hanukkah, instead.  I remember this clearly, because Jewish posters were outraged. 

• Love 10
8 hours ago, notnowimbusy said:

Somebody posted this on Twitter.  The Brown's out to dinner in Sedona last night.   Zoom in to the champagne glasses.2090509325_qb3jrloqhuc81copy.png.a183c8b932fe1fd060ffcd0cd0ee2396.png

What happened to Kody’s Rule # 8:  NO eating in restaurants, take out ONLY!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 10
9 hours ago, notnowimbusy said:

I zoomed in on Kootie's hairline.  It must have been their anniversary since Meri's birthday was on the 16th.  Do they drive to Sedona (60 miles roundtrip) to eat and buy lingerie to avoid being observed by their family?

• Useful 7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Adeejay said:

Kody said the exact same thing.  LOL.  Christine stated that each wife brought something special into the marriage and celebrating Joseph Smith's birthday was hers.  The year Robyn joined the family, Kody put a kibosh on that, and they opted to celebrate Hanukkah, instead.  I remember this clearly, because Jewish posters were outraged. 

Honestly, they are all so weird.  Hanukkah just like Kody keeps kosher.  yeah, right.  Weirdos.  I'm glad their kids seem to be mostly cool.  

• Love 10
10 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

Did he actually say Christine was?

Now that you mention it: Actually, I don't know. As it was Chistine's son who said "they" were filming I was just assuming she is filming, too. 

• Useful 3
4 hours ago, Elodia said:

Now that you mention it: Actually, I don't know. As it was Chistine's son who said "they" were filming I was just assuming she is filming, too. 

I think she is. There was a strong rumor only a few weeks ago that said she and Truely drove over from Utah for filming but were sent back when they tested (both or one, I don’t know) positive. I think it came from Reddit and ended up here. If I don’t forget and have a few minutes, I’ll try and find it today.

Added later: I found one of the posts. This one was posted by @Teafortwo. Mykelti said in some online post that Truly and Christine drove to AZ for filming, got tested (protocol before "going to work") and Truely tested positive so they had to go back to UT. Christine was negative but she'd had symptoms prior to Truely, so she assumes she had it. 

So...Mykelti confirmed filming with Christine!

Edited by LilyD
added source on Christine filming
  • Useful 6
  • Love 3
On 1/19/2022 at 9:32 PM, mscav said:

she is just as disgusting as him in my eyes.

I take it one step further and am MORE disgusted with the women DickTater attracts, than DickTater himself…all in the name of afterlife bliss.  He could go out to Coyote Pass and yell at the top of his lungs about his rules and expectations but if a sister wife isn’t there to hear it, will it make a noise?

Edited by kicotan
Grammar
  • LOL 4
  • Love 10

What happened to Kody’s Rule # 8:  NO eating in restaurants, take out ONLY!

The conversation that aired a couple weeks back in which he presented the rules to the wives was a year ago. Maybe they have loosened their rules since then?

• Useful 2
  • Love 2