Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E09: The Teflon Queen

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, riverblue22 said:

Christine and Janelle need an attorney to make sure they get the money they are owed from this messy family structure.  They need to take their money and run.  Leave Robyn and Kody to borrow against their home and end up in bankruptcy.  I would love to see Kody cut out of the TLC show.  If ratings are good, stick with Christine, Meri, Janelle, and their many offspring.  I want to see Kody have to make an effort to support the Queen Robyn!

Heavens forbid. Kody would have to find a job, Robyn would have to raise her children and the kids might have to share a bedroom! 

• LOL 9
  • Love 11
4 hours ago, WalrusGirl said:

RIGHT?! I thought, with his head down and face hidden by his visor, he was at least retroactively, briefly, feeling like crap as realization hit him - like his too little, too late "probably should have gone for Ysabel's surgery" talking head. Then he tells the camera - like, way later in a talking head, not even in the heat of the moment - that he was PISSED?! You've had some time to mull over the interaction by then, maybe roll with the more generous interpretation of you felt horrible about realizing this failure of communication/parenting?

And yeah - I'd LIKE to think Kody went to her mother's funeral for Janelle (historically their relationship would certainly have him doing so, though at this point in time he's clearly pretty pissed so I could see him passing and blaming COVID), but her mom was also his mother's close friend and sister wife, so it also would have been grossly obviously not supporting his mother *or* his wife of 25-ish years. I mean, I agree with where he landed, this was more important and you just do the best you can (...the same was even more true with his teenage daughter's major surgery, but I digress), but then to *tell the cameras* his big concern is Robyn never forgiving him if he got COVID and delayed their children's Christmas? 🤦🏻‍♀️ It might make for raw tv, but your other kids can see this, so shhhh with the quiet parts you aren't supposed to admit out loud...

I admit that it would be to Robyn's credit to do this, and maybe that she married into a polygamous family changes what I'd normally think somewhat - she's supposed to consider herself a mom to all these other kids too - but in general, this is on Kody. He's their father and has been a father for decades, he shouldn't need reminded and pried into acting like a father and maintaining a relationship with his other children, *especially* the minor children. So yeah, I'd give Robyn credit for doing whatever she could here (but can see that impulse, if it ever existed, waning when those kids were calling to yell at her about the rules), but no matter what she does or doesn't do here, this is Kody's responsibility, not hers. (And I'm NOT giving her credit for maybe trying, to be clear - I suspect Ysabel being Christine's (and caretaking for her being a threat to her own children's time with Kody) and Gabe likely being one of the boys to call and yell at her quashed any impulse she might have had versus, say, Mariah, or Maddie the favorite daughter. But just that Kody's actions and lack thereof are primarily on him. She could and should do better and push for all the kids' best interests with their father, but it's first and foremost his responsibility and failing.)

Agreed. Also, Kody wasn’t interested in maintaining contact with the kids who weren’t following his rules because he was withholding love to punish them. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 23
9 hours ago, Chalby said:

My heart goes out to Meri because she's been isolated, following Kody's extreme rules, all in hopes that he will grant her permission to be around Robyn and the kids (whom she clearly loves). She pretends she still cares for Kody, but I feel she says this stuff as insurance to remain within the family as she can't financially pick up and start over again. It's like Kody uses these women up until they've entered menopause, then he's moved on. I would love for him to find one more wife... Then Robyn can feel what it's like.

I don’t think Meri is pretending. She still loves Kody and somehow thinks she can win his favor back, even though he is repulsed by her. She gets excited when he wants to talk to her about *anything* and mistakenly thinks a door is opening for her. Could be why he wants to talk to her less and less—he probably wishes she’d leave like Christine did. 

• Love 19
3 hours ago, readheaded said:

Agreed. Also, Kody wasn’t interested in maintaining contact with the kids who weren’t following his rules because he was withholding love to punish them. 

I think this may be true., though it’s terrible.  I don’t think Kody was smart enough or emotionally able to figure out how to get them to get safe, as he said.  I suppose he lost control and used the only thing he thought he had to get them to comply.   I have maintained phone contact with people I know are covid risky, but I don’t see them in person either.  But, there’re not my kids. I don’t see it as him not loving the kids, but being terrified they die.  

• Love 2

I don't ever comment on places like this, but the last few episodes of Sister Wives has really gotten to me. Kody is such a mega narcissist. He prances around like the king of the universe and expects his family to wrap themselves around his finger. He needs to grow up. It's hard to watch Robyn acting like his lapdog. Sorry to sound harsh, but my goodness! It's painful to watch!

• Love 3

As someone who had a poor relationship with their father (never apologized, made me cry, made me feel not good enough, would not communicate anything except I was wrong, I was at fault—on and on), the effects last forever. When my dad died a couple years ago, I had nothing to mourn except the fact we never had a relationship that was normal or caring. To this day, I feel like I was just…..unwanted. 

My heart goes out to Gabe. it’s so sad and it doesn’t need to be this way. Kody is a monster. 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Hugs 1
  • Love 16
11 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I think this may be true., though it’s terrible.  I don’t think Kody was smart enough or emotionally able to figure out how to get them to get safe, as he said.  I suppose he lost control and used the only thing he thought he had to get them to comply.   I have maintained phone contact with people I know are covid risky, but I don’t see them in person either.  But, there’re not my kids. I don’t see it as him not loving the kids, but being terrified they die.  

. Covid survival probability is 99.7% for Janelle. This has been blown out of proportion to the years lost. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 22
15 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

So the show was filmed in 12/20. When did she throw out Kody? Did she live in Flagstaff for most of 2021? I had the impression that she moved back to Utah in the fall of 2021. It's understandable why we get confused on the timeline because we are looking at what happend over a year ago. I'll bet the talking heads were filmed shortly before this season started. Kody was so red faced and angry in his talking head parts last night. He looked like he was about to blow a gasket. Woe be it to my husband if he ever even hints that I should be obedient to him. That word better never come out of his mouth. 

Christine listed her house 8/5 and sold it 10/8.

It seems reasonable that if they split up in January Christine might have wanted to take some time and plan her next move.

• Useful 7
  • Love 10

It looked like Robyn was wearing one of those expensive Canadian Goose parkas when she was sitting out with Janelle.

She was wearing a Michael Kors parka (I recognized the MK emblem on the sleeve in one of the shots)- one can get them at stores like Nordstrom Rack, and while they're not super cheap, you can get them for well under $200, as opposed to the Canadian Goose parka.

• Useful 7
  • Love 3

I know it’s not funny, but I did wonder what Janelle thought when Gabe said she was fat. Lol. It wasn’t mean spirited though.  I noticed Kody just stared straight ahead…..like am I supposed to agree with this?  

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

I strongly believe Kody only went to the funeral to attend the reading of the will. He has a history of sucking up to Janelle when Janelle has had an inheritance or other funds he wanted to plunder. 

If Christine inherits anything I hope she has the good sense not to spend one dime of it on prairie plague pass. She is going to need it for her retirement. 

• Love 12

While we viewers watch this stuff, in disgust and anger, the Browns are meeting up at Meri's mansion for drinks and laughs as the wives each toss their house keys into the basket so Kody can draw his wife for the week.

I think the storyline is true, but the scenes are edited to maximize the drama. Christine left for real, and Janelle has spent multiple holidays without Kody. 

Gabe said his mom was overweight not fat. And he called her old. She was 51 at the time. I guess he would call. me ancient. 

When I was around 20, 51 seemed so old and far away. Now I'm 46. I get where Gabe is coming from.

• LOL 2
  • Love 14

I don't really like the word epic because it is so overused....but Kody's receding hairline while wearing the visor was pretty epic.

I'm confident he wears a visor so his golden locks can get maximum sun exposure.

If he really knew what he was doing he'd go Bret Michaels with the bandana. Between that and his leather jacket, Robyn might spontaneously combust.

• LOL 22

Kody as a polygamist man is a total FAIL.  What about the religious services he is supposed to be leading?  What about weekly Zoom church meetings with the whole family?

Kody is just plain sick and tired of the responsibilities that polygamy brings, even as a man who makes his wives take on most of the responsibility.  He is relieved to have covid as an excuse.  There were ways to keep up with his kids during covid.  He couldn't be bothered. 

And do you think Kody does his own hair?  Or is it Robyn?  Because I'm sure he wouldn't endanger his family by going to a hairdresser!

• LOL 2
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, steff13 said:

But the survival rate is still over 90%, correct?

Depends upon age, weight, health status.  At that time there were no vaccines so Janelle wouldn't have been vaccinated.  She is not young and with her weight could have other health issues.  Unknowns.  But even if she survived she could have passed it on to others who could have died because of it.   I'm sure that's why Gabe referred to her weight and age.

Edited by Cetacean
  • Useful 2
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, gaPeach said:

How a parent can watch his son cry about not seeing him and missing him and the only response is NOTHING.  Oh wait he got pissed because it was the mother's fault. 

I think he also was pissed knowing it was being filmed and would most likely, be aired.

• Useful 1
  • Love 16