Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E09: The Teflon Queen

• Start Topic

Kody faces off with his sons Gabe and Garrison, and they trade blame over COVID restrictions. Then, Janelle suffers a huge loss as Christmas is approaching. The family hopes they will all test negative and finally be together.

Air Date: January 16, 2022

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Maire said:

I think the reason that Robyn even came to Janelle’s house at all is because King Kody was quarantining there. Joseph Smith forbid he got any alone time with a grieving Janelle.

But I do really love how janelle always splits from these dumb conversations with Robyn though, “Welp, it’s getting pretty cold out. Gotta go!” 

😂 

• LOL 18
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Chalby said:

Kody is such a controlling jerk. He throws Christine and Janelle under the bus (while ghosting Meri entirely) and blames them for him staying at home with Robyn. He disregards that two of his wives follow everything the CDC asks for, while Meri has been following Kody's extreme covid rules since March 2020. He has the gall to dismiss Paityn (Garrison's girlfriend) whom he's never met and who has followed covid guidelines, YET he has no problem with a nanny being around his family more than his kids. Finally, if he really wants for his family to stay, all the adults and any immune compromised kids should just get vaccinated.

This was before the vaccine, but other than that - yes. 

Next week, karma!! So here for that.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, TeeMo said:

The homeschooling must be pretty pathetic if a kid Ari’s age is having trouble remembering her siblings. By December 2020 it had been 7.5 months of COVID not 7.5 years and they did sometimes get together outside. Good grief.

This is a prime example of how Kody manipulates emotions through guilt, just to get his way while controlling the optics of this fake "loving" polygamy family. I don't see anything but anger and resentment from the wives and kids outside of kody's covid sphere.

• Love 23
2 minutes ago, JeanJean said:

This was before the vaccine, but other than that - yes. 

Next week, karma!! So here for that.

True, I keep forgetting I didn't the vaccine until spring 2021. I feel like I went straight from 2019 to 2021.

• LOL 3
  • Love 8

Based on Meri's instagram she wasn't sitting in her house isolated.  She had Mariah and Audrey come stay  on their way from Chicago and then was making regular trips to the B&B in Parawan and then to Utah.  

• Useful 5
  • Love 16

I don't know folks!  All of this could be the storyline for this year's sister wives!

I can see the five of them sitting down with production and concocting this storyline!

Its pretty good too!  Just like the season of Meri and Sam!

Ratings are up, ad money is pouring in and everybody 's talking about the show and next week's episode!

Brilliant!

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, Onecattoo said:

Realizing he wasn’t responding to Gabe’s pointed comments that in 7 months Kody hadn’t bothered to once have a conversation with his sons about his reasons and rules around Covid, not because he was sorry or coming to the realization he failed them, but because he was PISSED about being called out, OMG.  [...]

So sad that Janelles Mom died and I suspect if Kody thought he could get away with it, he wouldn’t have gone to the funeral himself!  All he worried about was the hell he’d catch from Robyn if he messed up her kids Christmas by getting Covid!  Then Robyn admits her kids can’t last two days not seeing Kody…and I suspect she can’t handle two days with just 5 adults to manage Sol and Ari!

RIGHT?! I thought, with his head down and face hidden by his visor, he was at least retroactively, briefly, feeling like crap as realization hit him - like his too little, too late "probably should have gone for Ysabel's surgery" talking head. Then he tells the camera - like, way later in a talking head, not even in the heat of the moment - that he was PISSED?! You've had some time to mull over the interaction by then, maybe roll with the more generous interpretation of you felt horrible about realizing this failure of communication/parenting?

And yeah - I'd LIKE to think Kody went to her mother's funeral for Janelle (historically their relationship would certainly have him doing so, though at this point in time he's clearly pretty pissed so I could see him passing and blaming COVID), but her mom was also his mother's close friend and sister wife, so it also would have been grossly obviously not supporting his mother *or* his wife of 25-ish years. I mean, I agree with where he landed, this was more important and you just do the best you can (...the same was even more true with his teenage daughter's major surgery, but I digress), but then to *tell the cameras* his big concern is Robyn never forgiving him if he got COVID and delayed their children's Christmas? 🤦🏻‍♀️ It might make for raw tv, but your other kids can see this, so shhhh with the quiet parts you aren't supposed to admit out loud...

2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I also blame Robyn for Kody's disconnect with his other kids because she could be reminding him to contact his kids more often. Just say "hey, have you called Gabe lately"? or why don't you give Ysabel a call, I bet she's missing you. Or is that not allowed in the polygamy lifestyle? To remind the king that he has other kids?

I admit that it would be to Robyn's credit to do this, and maybe that she married into a polygamous family changes what I'd normally think somewhat - she's supposed to consider herself a mom to all these other kids too - but in general, this is on Kody. He's their father and has been a father for decades, he shouldn't need reminded and pried into acting like a father and maintaining a relationship with his other children, *especially* the minor children. So yeah, I'd give Robyn credit for doing whatever she could here (but can see that impulse, if it ever existed, waning when those kids were calling to yell at her about the rules), but no matter what she does or doesn't do here, this is Kody's responsibility, not hers. (And I'm NOT giving her credit for maybe trying, to be clear - I suspect Ysabel being Christine's (and caretaking for her being a threat to her own children's time with Kody) and Gabe likely being one of the boys to call and yell at her quashed any impulse she might have had versus, say, Mariah, or Maddie the favorite daughter. But just that Kody's actions and lack thereof are primarily on him. She could and should do better and push for all the kids' best interests with their father, but it's first and foremost his responsibility and failing.)

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Chalby said:

Edit: I would hope that if kody really wants for his family to stay as a functioning unit, all the adults and any immune compromised kids would get vaccinated in 2021. (does anyone know whether they did)?

I don’t know. But the way the vaccine rolled out (by age & comorbidities) probably still made it hard. Ari & Sol were in the last group to be eligible (age 5 & up).  I would think Kody & Robyn were still very careful even if they were vaccinated but the kids weren’t. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

It looked like Robyn was wearing one of those expensive Canadian Goose parkas when she was sitting out with Janelle.

Omigosh I didn't catch that but I did see a group of three tourists today who all had those coats. I believe they cost $1000.

I have a down coat also. It cost $99 and has held up really well for about 10 years. I take good care of it and only wear it on really cold days. But then again, I'm not a favorite plyg wife with a million-dollar (mortgaged-to-the-hilt) home.

3 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Quarantine aside, why can't Kody see that Gabe was basically asking why he doesn't hear from his dad? He misses talking to him. If you are going to quarantine then fine, then set up an agreement with your kids that you will call or facetime with them several times per week so you can catch up with them, their lives, etc... he could take a minute out of his oh so busy day to shoot them a text and let them know you love them and miss seeing them!  What is preventing Kody from doing that? It sounds to me like he is not in touch with them much at all and there is no excuse for that what so ever! I think Gabe and Ysabel are hurting the most because they are teens and still in high school and they miss their dad. The other kids are either too young and the older are out of the house with their own lives to the point where they don't need Kody as much. I also blame Robyn for Kody's disconnect with his other kids because she could be reminding him to contact his kids more often. Just say "hey, have you called Gabe lately"? or why don't you give Ysabel a call, I bet she's missing you. Or is that not allowed in the polygamy lifestyle? To remind the king that he has other kids? 

I think he treats his kids badly if/when he is displeased with their moms.

• Love 18