Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E06: No Head Wife

Pallas
  • Start Topic

Reindeer games. Christine questions why a nanny is allowed around Robyn's kids when her family is not, so Kody produces a long list of COVID rules that the nanny follows. Janelle thinks some of it is ridiculous.

• Love 12
27 minutes ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

Does anyone know off-hand if Janelle and Christine really were actually doing a lot of covid traveling? Without taking any precautions?

I know C went to NJ for Ysabel's surgery, but they had to quarantine, and I bet they had to get tested once there. (I had an unavoidable procedure done Jan of 2021, and had to test and quarantine beforehand) Meri was probably back and forth to the B&B, and Janelle, I imagine, went to Maddie's, but I don't know if they were truly gallivanting all willy-nilly like Kody keeps saying. He acts like they're going around licking doorknobs at grocery stores and covid wards!

They could have added regular testing, but If they were masking, distancing and sanitizing at fueling and food/potty stops, then they were as safe as they could be, except for staying home. (Which I have done as much as humanly possible, solely because I'm a major germophobe and even thinking about planning for traveling anywhere makes me exhausted 😆)

Janelle went to NC some but I think she was probably taking precautions before and after. I think Kody's issue with her is that she lives with Gabe and Garrison who aren't taking those same precautions on a daily basis. Christine - even early in the pandemic I believe was visiting with Mitch, Aspen, Paedon, Mykelti and Tony regularly unmasked... who were all out in the community themselves. She did an interview after last season confirming her frequent trips to visit. In that interview she said they did a lot of testing "once it became available" - but that was when the reporter questioned her about the risks. I think she took precautions but her level of exposure was definitely higher on a regular basis.  Overall this show is hard to follow. The timelines are messed up and everyone's "retelling" is skewed. It seems as if they want us to believe they NEVER talked without the cameras there - which we know is probably not the case for some of them. And if it is this case, then they aren't a family so they should stop calling themselves one.

Edited by Tuxcat
  • Useful 3
  • Love 13
1 minute ago, Tuxcat said:

Janelle went to NC some but I think she was probably taking precautions before and after. I think Kody's issue with her is that she lives with Gabe and Garrison who aren't taking those same precautions on a daily basis. Christine - even early in the pandemic I believe was visiting with Mitch, Aspen, Paedon, Mykelti and Tony regularly unmasked... who were all out in the community themselves. She did an interview after last season confirming her frequent trips to visit. In that interview she said they did a lot of testing "once it became available" - but that was when the reporter questioned her about the risks. I think she took precautions but her level of exposure was definitely higher on a regular basis.  Overall this show is hard to follow. The timelines are messed up and everyone's "retelling" is skewed. It seems as if they want us to believe they NEVER talked without the cameras there - which we know is not the case. 

Ah, thank you! So yes, then Christine was indeed leaving herself open to exposure, and often. She needs to shut it if she wasn't willing to compromise, and at least meet the CDC guidelines.

If I were Janelle, I would have made both boys stay in the MIL suite, and mask etc if they needed something from the main living areas. I don't know why this family is so mask averse. I still make anyone who has to step foot inside my home put one on.

That said, Kody is still a giant, rude butthole 😂 Even I wasn't as anal (lol) over the grocery bags and shoes, clothes, everything, by the time they filmed this family meeting. This family drives me crazy.

• Love 18

I can’t believe I’m even saying this, but I have to side with Kody and Robyn on this one.

A lot of us made sacrifices during 2020, and I can assure you NOBODY in my family were jetting all over the country to visit relatives who didn’t follow any COVID protocols. And that’s what both Christine and Janelle were doing the entire year. It seemed to me that unless it was the hospital-required lockdown before Ysabel’s surgery, they were barely following any of the CDC guidelines – and neither were their kids – and yet they’re the first ones whining when things can’t just be like they normally are. Nope, I had zero patience for people like that in 2020, and I still have zero patience for people like that going into 2022. And you better believe I wouldn’t have invited ANY of them into my home.

• Love 14
12 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

I think the way Robyn went after Meri for suggesting she wrote the rules, confirms that she did, because she seemed guilty. 

Before Meri told her joke, Kootie said "these are the rules she follows at home", pointing the stack of rules at Robyn.  Robyn also said she was worried that the other two wives would get mad if Meri was allowed to visit. So that is why Meri was never invited for 6 months. And the BS worry about changing the protocol when they hadn't shown anyone the rules in 6 mos.

• Love 22
4 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

Literally no one was wiping down mail and groceries by the time summer 2020 rolled around. And if they were that was just plain ignorant. Not to mention wasteful. The CDC updated the guidelines regarding surfaces in May ‘20. 

It was as if Robyn added new rules to her list but never removed the old ones no longer required by September.  

• Love 21
6 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I also would liked to have seen a more pointed discussion about Janelle's situation. So Janelle has... girls at home who are in high school and can quarantine. Then she has a boy in the national guard who has to work and another son who also has to work. So in this current configuration, there is on way anyone in Janelle's house can visit with Kody and Robyn because of the rules about social distancing.

I wanted Janelle to look straight at Kody and say "ok. The way the rules are written our family can't visit with you, unless I kick out my boys or they quit their jobs. So here is what I suggest. The boys will move to Meri's house and continue on with their lives. Meri can come live with Janelle or Christine - perhaps Christine so she can help support Ysabel's recovery. Or since Meri is willing to follow Kody's rules, Meri can visit or live at Robyn's house, doing the nannying chores and helping keep the family together. So then you would have Meri, Robyn and Kody regularly interaction and plenty of support being provided to the Brown children. With Garrison and Gabe in Meri's house, there shouldn't be any reason that Janelle one Christine can't follow the ridiculous rules and still be able to see the rest of the family.

Well, this is all just too smart and logical for the Brown family! It's a perfect solution and they were either too dumb, or didn't want to bother and just wanted to complain, or they really don't even talk to each other if they aren't filming.

Last season, they did the zoom meetings with the adults, so why couldn't they keep those up? Why couldn't Kody FaceTime the kids? Kody sat distanced in Meri's driveway to visit (with Robyn FT-ing in to interrupt) so why couldn't they keep doing that? What happened between last season, when covid was new, and when this episode was taped? 

• Love 15
24 minutes ago, crimson23 said:

Robyn's rant over how Kody would never let a wife run him was laughable, Wasn't Robyn behind them moving to Flagstaff because her son got accepted at the University there?

Kody calling Ysabel surgery trip a Vacation.....really?

Like someone pointed out above.  We were careful with groceries only for a few weeks and then it was determined that was unnecessary

And how come no ONE person has mentioned whether or not anyone in the family is Vaccinated.  That part boggles my mind.  Are they vaxxed or not, because if they are, that really makes the rules even more ridiculous

It's telling how everyone looks to Robyn when they have questions or need clarification! He allowed that by always having her play mediator between the other wives. He kept his hands clean, but lost his top dog spot!  The wives helped set up the dynamic, too, by always going to her for help bending Kody's ear. (I'm terrible and laughed when she said the kids were calling her to bitch at her about "her" rules.) 

Was this taped Sept or Oct 2020? I'm a little lost. Time has turned liquid in my mind. I know that even though my husband has more than three qualifiers for high risk, he couldn't get his first jab until iirc early March 2021. 

I would hope they're all vaxxed by now! (unless there's a valid reason they can't)

Edited by WhatAmIWatching
  • Love 15
7 minutes ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

It's telling how everyone looks to Robyn when they have questions or need clarification! He allowed that by always having her play mediator between the other wives. He kept his hands clean, but lost his top dog spot!  The wives helped set up the dynamic, too, by always going to her for help bending Kody's ear. (I'm terrible and laughed when she said the kids were calling her to bitch at her about "her" rules.) 

Exactly.  Kody has a short memory. He set all this into place by how he elevated Robyn. 

Another thing that killed me, when he had the audacity to bring up Truley and her kidney failure.  You know when Christine and Aspyn were taking care of her, and Kody was at Robyn's.  I recall him taking a nap then and he asked Robyn if he should go to the hospital.  

I am not sure when all this was filmed 

• Love 15
1 hour ago, crimson23 said:

And how come no ONE person has mentioned whether or not anyone in the family is Vaccinated.  That part boggles my mind.  Are they vaxxed or not, because if they are, that really makes the rules even more ridiculous

I'd love to know via their social media (though I don't follow them regularly, so would know from it being referenced here or in an entertainment article about them), but in terms of knowing on the show, this is still late October/early November 2020 - the very first vaccinations were in December 2020, a month or so from now, and none of the Browns would have been eligible until February 2021 at the *earliest*. (I don't know how Arizona tiered it, but military and those under 65/70/75 with various pre-existing conditions were stage 1b at best, not 1a, and quite possibly 1c or 2a depending on Arizona's specifics.)

• Useful 1
  • Love 6