Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E23: Reunion (Part 3)

• Start Topic

20 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

All of the sisters do it. It's not unique to Kyle. They all want to sweep things under the rug. Kathy stopped speaking to Kyle on the off chance that American Woman would delve into some not so savory things about their mom. It didn't, but Kathy wasn't waiting around to hear that. Meanwhile all of the times that Rinna was needling Kim, the one thing that Rinna said that prompted Kathy to speak up was when Rinna said to Eden "all of the sisters have issues because of their mom." Kathy decided to speak up to defend her mother and her mom's shitty parenting. Even now, Kathy's dumb after the fact statement was that she was upset Kyle outed Kim's alcoholism in season 1. Kathy wasn't upset that Kyle and Kim's relationship was so fractured or that Kim relapsed, but that Kyle told people that Kim had addiction issues. After they filmed the season 1 finale, Kim stopped speaking to Kyle. Kim was speaking to Kathy and for 7 months Kim continued to get worse. Kim was showing up places seemingly intoxicated and discombobulated. But it's cool because Kathy didn't tell anyone that Kim was an addict nor does it seem like she took any real efforts to help Kim. That entire family is all about deflection and externalizing responsibilities. If you're only as sick as your secrets, this family is very sick and Kathy would absolutely love to keep it that way. Actually, all of them would.

So well said. As usual!

DF97C4D6-3B1C-4E83-8CD0-23634AB47454.jpeg

Edited by Luckylondon
  • Love 13
13 minutes ago, Pattycake2 said:

Regarding the birkin, when Crystal said her friend bought her the bag and that she said she could buy her more, I took it as the friend bought it and Crystal paid her for it.  Birkins are very hard to purchase.  Hermes only sells them to an exclusive list of people.  From what I’ve read, you have to be a regular Hermès customer and then Maybe you may be able to get one eventually.  So, knowing someone who has access is a coup.

That's how I took it as well and it makes far more sense than someone gifting her a $95K handbag.  

Edited:  The only reason I know this is the old SATC episode where Samantha covets a Birkin and uses a celeb client's name to get one. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Pattycake2 said:

Regarding the birkin, when Crystal said her friend bought her the bag and that she said she could buy her more, I took it as the friend bought it and Crystal paid her for it.  Birkins are very hard to purchase.  Hermes only sells them to an exclusive list of people.  From what I’ve read, you have to be a regular Hermès customer and then Maybe you may be able to get one eventually.  So, knowing someone who has access is a coup.

Yes, I learned this from Real Housewives of Miami. lol

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Pattycake2 said:

I hadn't considered this angle, but it makes perfect sense.

At any rate, a good kind of friend to have. 😂

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, sistermagpie said:

According to a post above, Kyle and Kim's dad tried to get custody of them for 10 years or so, and was the main caregiver of Kyle when she was young. Kyle herself has stuck up for him in the past when Kim was claiming the only money the family had came from her, saying that their dad worked.

I saw the post and remember all that too. I also know Kyle has posted her father online and said nice things. But doesn't it still seem it's waaaaay more Big Kathy talk? Same with the other sisters? I thought maybe the dad passed away young so there were simply many more years with Big Kathy, but while Ken Richards had a couple of decades on her, he only died a few years or so before Big Kathy died. Kathy's dad died in 1997. I'm not judging Kyle or any of the girls if they weren't very close to their fathers, just trying to understand why the death of Big Kathy is so painful decades later. If it's as simple as they love their mother and still miss her very much, that's totally fine too. 

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

Sutton reached out to her as a friend with no strings attached. She wanted to help a friend heal -those types of friends are really hard to come by.

You're not kidding. All Erika did was snarl at and dump all over Sutton.

I've already said that I don't know how Sutton maintains her composure. I would have punched out Erika by now.

Edited by Surrealist
  • Love 19

It’s absurd the way Kyle and Kathy are acting like their rift was about “American Woman” and not Mauricio leaving Hilton’s real estate company taking brokers and clients with him. Kathy and Rick had no idea he was planning on doing that and it took them a few years to recover. He took money out of their pockets. Luckily a lot of the brokers came back to Hilton due to Mauricio’s greed and double dipping. That helped mend the rift. Allegedly.

• Useful 10
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12
6 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I saw the post and remember all that too. I also know Kyle has posted her father online and said nice things. But doesn't it still seem it's waaaaay more Big Kathy talk? Same with the other sisters? I thought maybe the dad passed away young so there were simply many more years with Big Kathy, but while Ken Richards had a couple of decades on her, he only died a few years or so before Big Kathy died. Kathy's dad died in 1997. I'm not judging Kyle or any of the girls if they weren't very close to their fathers, just trying to understand why the death of Big Kathy is so painful decades later. If it's as simple as they love their mother and still miss her very much, that's totally fine too. 

That's my view on it too. We know at least one father existed, but Big Kathy looms large over everything so it's almost surprising to learn they were present.

• Love 5

So, with a four part reunion, is that really all the discussion we are going to get on the Crystal / Sutton drama?

Did no viewer ask "Crystal, what were you referring to when you said to Sutton, 'You're just jealous'"?

Did no viewer ask "Sutton, were you upset with yourself at Garcelle's birthday party for not brining a gift, and is that why you lashed out at Crystal'"?

I would have liked to have heard more about the deep conversations that Crystal and Sutton had that have led them to a better place now.  I think it could have been a teaching moment for a lot of people.

• Love 15
14 minutes ago, Set Them Free said:

So, with a four part reunion, is that really all the discussion we are going to get on the Crystal / Sutton drama?

Did no viewer ask "Crystal, what were you referring to when you said to Sutton, 'You're just jealous'"?

Did no viewer ask "Sutton, were you upset with yourself at Garcelle's birthday party for not brining a gift, and is that why you lashed out at Crystal'"?

I would have liked to have heard more about the deep conversations that Crystal and Sutton had that have led them to a better place now.  I think it could have been a teaching moment for a lot of people.

This whole season could have been really good with both Crystal and Garcelle challenging many assumptions and presumptions.

But…

Erika. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
54 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I hope they discuss “The Housewife and the Hustler” next week.

We can only dream. She has her deflector shield up and will either not have watched it or play dumb. 
Remember, she is risking it all to be on this show. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, RyjackAunt said:

Were they? Or is this a way to secure a storyline? Maybe I'm just old (I am) and cynical (I am). It's quite fishy to me that the alarm or some sort of security did not get to the "robbers" until they reached the master bedroom. 

Also, burglaries usually take place when people aren’t home.  But if true, a horrifying experience and I hope the children slept through it.

• Love 9
On 10/28/2021 at 4:31 AM, RoseAllDay said:

Then there’s this from a few weeks back: Now she needs to be by his side because nobody else is there to look out for him and he is a good man who doesn’t deserve this and was good to her all these years and now he’s by himself….

By the time she stops to take a breath, she’s contradicted herself 50 times. Same every time she tells her story. A deposition will totally undo this woman. If I were a plaintiff’s attorney, I could not wait to get her in front of me.

I know!  Between her lies and the fact that she is so public!  Those attorneys must be dying.  Most would have quit by now.  These must be schysters that think there is a big payoff..

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Mrs peel said:

Also, burglaries usually take place when people aren’t home.  But if true, a horrifying experience and I hope the children slept through it.

I don't buy the robbery at all.  Unless Pique and Dorit were the organizers.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
On 10/28/2021 at 12:47 AM, izabella said:

I think she was taught to be competitive with her sisters, at their mother's instigation.  I'm sure she set them against each other all the time., and I'm sure there were a lot of times Kyle fell short in her mother's eyes and she let her know it.  I'm sure she felt like she didn't measure up to her sisters.  And it's likely that competitiveness extends to other women as well.

I think so too. My mother was an abusive alcoholic and she didn't get along with any of her seven siblings, especially her three sisters. They also came from an abusive home. She would pit my sisters and I against each other our whole lives, so two sisters would be on my Mom's good side and the other (usually me) was the outcast. This created jealousy, tension and hard feelings that have lasted my whole life. As much as we've tried, my older sister and I still don't get along. My eldest sister died years ago. She was still on Suboxone for opiod addiction when she died. 

Kyle, Kim and Kathy's family dynamic reminds me so much of my own, except we weren't wealthy or famous. The alcoholic/narcissistic mother manipulates and also instills a lot of guilt in the children. My mother used to say things like, "When I'm six feet under, you'll be sorry for how you treated your mother" and "God will punish you" and a bunch of other stuff I still remember in my 50s. And one of the big rules is don't talk about what happens in the family. It's nobody's business. Your feelings (the children) are also not wanted, valid or needing to be voiced.

I wonder if that's part of what we're seeing in Kathy's reaction. The tears are partly a reaction to the whole experience of her childhood, the dysfunction. (I know in my case it's so difficult because even though she could be mean, I still loved my mother very much. All I wanted was for her to love me but she couldn't. She passed away on 10/14/21, alone and friendless. It is so very sad.) 

I'm glad Kyle and Kathy are getting along now, but I doubt it will last if the family dysfunction runs as deep as it seems. Someone will likely always be on the outs with the other two sisters. Right now Kyle and Kathy are cozy and on the show together. I wonder how it's really going with Kim. Kyle's answer seemed perfunctory to me. 

That’s what she doesn’t understand. She’s not helping herself here. At all. In fact, she’s looking more and more pretty damn guilty. It’s clear she does not give one fuck about anybody but herself. The alleged victims can just fend for themselves — NOT her problem.

She’s angry because her back is to the wall with these questions. Hateful person. Her lawyers have their work cut out for them trying to make her look like a sympathetic, contrite defendant.

Watching Erika's performance confused me. I don't know if I've seen a HW do so poorly on a reunion. She was so angry and vile to everyone. She even snapped at Andy several times. 

I can't figure out if she is really as angry as she appears or just stupid, because this isn't how you redeem yourself in the eyes of the public. It's like she took the Instagram antics and dialed it up to 10. I'm really surprised they are inviting her back next season. She isn't even fun to hate-watch, because she has no charisma. She comes across as stone cold and reprehensible.  I have never liked her but now I dislike her so much I won't watch if she returns next season. 

I think she's beyond lawyers, image-wise. She needs a good PR firm to help her improve her Q-rating (if that even applies to reality starts). But maybe she doesn't really care. Maybe she is so arrogant and narcissistic that she assumes she is special and can behave this way without consequences. It wouldn't be the first time I've seen it from a narcissist. 

The first part of this episode seemed like filler to me. This could've easily been three or even two episodes. They obviously want to focus on Erika and are saving the big stuff to the end. 

I wish Andy had called out Lisa on her blind loyalty to Erika vs. her leading the charge against Denise last season. She's getting off easy this reunion because the attention is on Erika. 

I also don't believe Dorit pays retail for her clothes. Where is she getting all the money? Is her company doing that well? What does PK even do for a living? Is managing Boy George, who was popular about 25 years ago, his only job? And if they are so rich, why are they constantly moving? I've read stories about their real estate activity and it sounds like a scam. 

I don't know what to say about Kyle. I'm disappointed in how she lapped up all of Erika's garbage, but I'm not surprised. I didn't expect her to speak out on the reunion either. So far all she's done is react with mouth agape. It seems like she wants to be part of the in crowd and will go along to get along. 

I wish they'd do a cast reboot on this show. The only ones I'd like to see back are Sutton and Garcelle. I know Kyle is the OG but I'm ready for her to leave. Same goes for Rinna and Erika. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Useful 2
  • Love 17
1 hour ago, Sweet-tea said:

I think so too. My mother was an abusive alcoholic and she didn't get along with any of her eight siblings. They came from an abusive home. She would pit my sisters and I against each other our whole lives, so two sisters would be on my Mom's good side and the other (usually me) was the outcast. This created jealousy, tension and hard feelings that have lasted my whole life. As much as we've tried, my older sister and I still don't get along. My eldest sister died years ago. She was still on Suboxone for opiod addiction when she died. 

Kyle, Kim and Kathy's family dynamic reminds me so much of my own, except we weren't wealthy or famous. The alcoholic/narcissistic mother manipulates and also instills a lot of guilt in the children. My mother used to say things like, "When I'm six feet under, you'll be sorry for how you treated your mother" and "God will punish you" and a bunch of other stuff I still remember in my 50s. And one of the big rules is don't talk about what happens in the family. It's nobody's business. Your feelings (the children) are also not wanted, valid or needing to be voiced.

I wonder if that's part of what we're seeing in Kathy's reaction. The tears are partly a reaction to the whole experience of her childhood, the dysfunction. (I know in my case it's so difficult because even though she was mean and abusive, I still loved my mother very much. All I wanted was for her to love me but she couldn't. She passed away on 10/14/21, alone and friendless. It is so very sad.) 

I'm glad Kyle and Kathy are getting along now, but I doubt it will last if the family dysfunction runs as deep as it seems. Someone will likely always be on the outs with the other two sisters. Right now Kyle and Kathy are cozy and on the show together. I wonder how it's really going with Kim. Kyle's answer seemed perfunctory to me. 

Watching Erika's performance confused me. I don't know if I've seen a HW do so poorly on a reunion. She was so angry and vile to everyone. She even snapped at Andy several times. 

I can't figure out if she is really as angry as she appears or just stupid, because this isn't how you redeem yourself in the eyes of the public. It's like she took the Instagram antics and dialed it up to 10. I'm really surprised they are inviting her back next season. She isn't even fun to hate-watch, because she has no charisma. She comes across as stone cold and reprehensible.  I have never liked her but now I dislike her so much I won't watch if she returns next season. 

I think she's beyond lawyers, image-wise. She needs a good PR firm to help her improve her Q-rating (if that even applies to reality starts). But maybe she doesn't really care. Maybe she is so arrogant and narcissistic that she assumes she is special and can behave this way without consequences. It wouldn't be the first time I've seen it from a narcissist. 

The first part of this episode seemed like filler to me. This could've easily been three or even two episodes. They obviously want to focus on Erika and are saving the big stuff to the end. 

I wish Andy had called out Lisa on her blind loyalty to Erika vs. her leading the charge against Denise last season. She's getting off easy this reunion because the attention is on Erika. 

I also don't believe Dorit pays retail for her clothes. Where is she getting all the money? Is her company doing that well? What does PK even do for a living? Is managing Boy George, who was popular about 25 years ago, his only job? And if they are so rich, why are they constantly moving? I've read stories about their real estate activity and it sounds like a scam. 

I don't know what to say about Kyle. I'm disappointed in how she lapped up all of Erika's garbage, but I'm not surprised. I didn't expect her to speak out on the reunion either. So far all she's done is react with mouth agape. It seems like she wants to be part of the in crowd and will go along to get along. 

I wish they'd do a cast reboot on this show. The only ones I'd like to see back are Sutton and Garcelle. I know Kyle is the OG but I'm ready for her to leave. Same goes for Rinna and Erika. 

As for the cast reboot: Of anybody, Erika absolutely needs to go. She alone is killing this franchise, and many of us aren’t at all happy with Andy and Bravo rewarding her with both another season AND a raise. These shows — for me, anyway — used to be guilty pleasures and silly distractions from reality. Now they’re weekly displays of gross, greedy behavior and meanness that enrage rather than entertain.

• Love 20
On 10/28/2021 at 9:06 AM, Keywestclubkid said:

No one is expecting her to go YESS I did it .. But flip that and the way she is acting like this is all about her that the money that was spent on her that she used with the Black AX card before she left tom the planes the 25 million her LLC took shouldn't be paid back because technically she didnt "steal" it she just spent it is fucked up .. shes giving everyone a middle finger with her fighting tooth and nail not to repay money SHE SPENT 

I don't recall her saying she is pissed she has to pay it back. She seems to have moved on and admits to having nothing now. Maybe I missed it though.

And why should she take responsibility for his crimes if she didnt know? Why should what she has now (which in reality is probably just her Bravo paycheck), pay back his victims? Take what THEY had sure (the mansions the art the cars the planes etc) but if they're trying to take what she is currently making herself, without her being found guilty of anything, that's effed up (and probably not legal). 

And we are watching this unfold live in her life so I can understand the anger etc for having to give up everything because you just found out on top of your husband being and asshole at home, he's hurt people in the real world, and now gets to play (real or not)  like he can't remember a thing, and she's the only one anyone can come after for answers. I personally don't think the anger she is showing is all directed towards those annoying victims who want to get paid as it is to the universe in general that her loving husband left her to deal with alone. Alot of what she is saying is very calculated ("allegedly", changing stories etc). Its like her (and his) lawyers are coming up with new defenses for him everytime another story breaks and they turn to her to get it out to the public on this show. Which is making her look nuts IMO. I dont think she is doing anything authentic on this show except for the random tears. Someone is coaching her. 

39 minutes ago, HotHW said:

I don't recall her saying she is pissed she has to pay it back. She seems to have moved on and admits to having nothing now. Maybe I missed it though.

And why should she take responsibility for his crimes if she didnt know? Why should what she has now (which in reality is probably just her Bravo paycheck), pay back his victims? Take what THEY had sure (the mansions the art the cars the planes etc) but if they're trying to take what she is currently making herself, without her being found guilty of anything, that's effed up (and probably not legal). 

And we are watching this unfold live in her life so I can understand the anger etc for having to give up everything because you just found out on top of your husband being and asshole at home, he's hurt people in the real world, and now gets to play (real or not)  like he can't remember a thing, and she's the only one anyone can come after for answers. I personally don't think the anger she is showing is all directed towards those annoying victims who want to get paid as it is to the universe in general that her loving husband left her to deal with alone. Alot of what she is saying is very calculated ("allegedly", changing stories etc). Its like her (and his) lawyers are coming up with new defenses for him everytime another story breaks and they turn to her to get it out to the public on this show. Which is making her look nuts IMO. I dont think she is doing anything authentic on this show except for the random tears. Someone is coaching her. 

Per SM, she is fighting to keep the money and a piece of the house, all before the victims get paid their rightful settlements. It appears she thought she'd be protected by her LLC, but @amarante explained, somewhere around here, that in something like this, the LLC veil can be pierced to hold her liable, as it should.

She shouldn't get to keep anything she received from Tom, since it wasn't his to give nor hers to spend. 20+ years of stuff. It doesn't matter that she didn't know. She spent money that he stole, so she HAS to pay that back. It wasn't either of their money to use, and she cannot keep it. A judge has ruled that the victims can go after her for funds that she received from Tom.

As has been written a lot in these threads: if my husband robbed a bank and gifted me with cash, jewelry, art, whatever, I would not be allowed to keep anything, up to the amount that was stolen from the bank. ETA: if I didn't have any of it any more, then I'm sure they'd garnish my paycheck. This is a civil suit at this time, not a criminal or federal thing. Yet.

She's known for at least a few years that shit was starting to hit the fan, and ignored it. She probably believed Tom would make it go away, like he has for years. I don't see any anger toward Tom. I see her anger toward losing her lifestyle and toward anyone who asks her questions about the whole mess. She speaks of the victims as afterthoughts, and only after someone prompts her, as if what she's going through is more important. Where's the humility and the compassion for the people who also got screwed by Tom? All I see is defiance and combativeness.

I totally agree she looks nuts, and believe she is being coached! She's done herself a disservice by insisting on continuing filming this season. Tom is a coward for hiding behind 'dementia'. I don't believe that diagnosis for a second.

Edited by WhatAmIWatching
  • Love 24
On 10/29/2021 at 10:22 AM, charming said:

It’s absurd the way Kyle and Kathy are acting like their rift was about “American Woman” and not Mauricio leaving Hilton’s real estate company taking brokers and clients with him. Kathy and Rick had no idea he was planning on doing that and it took them a few years to recover. He took money out of their pockets. Luckily a lot of the brokers came back to Hilton due to Mauricio’s greed and double dipping. That helped mend the rift. Allegedly.

He did what was best for himself and his own family and there's nothing wrong with that. I guarantee you that Rick Hilton would have done the exact same thing if the situation was reversed. 

Anyway, both seem to be doing fine from a business perspective. I am sure it did contribute to the rift but given how fraught both Kyle and Kathy's relationship to their mother was, I think that American Woman did impact their sibling relationship. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, psychoticstate said:

If Erika had come for me with that "keeping score" bullshit, I would have responded with "So I am I.  Widows and orphans defrauded by me?  Zero.  Widows and orphans defrauded by you?  Hmmm.  Exactly how many are there, Erika?"  

She annoys the ever loving shit out of me. 

That’s a great comeback. Too bad none of these ladies have the balls to say something like that. 
Erika begins her fake crying and all of them back right off. They are letting her off so much. Kudos to Sutton and Garcelle for at least trying. 

• Love 23
2 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Anyway, both seem to be doing fine from a business perspective. I am sure it did contribute to the rift but given how fraught both Kyle and Kathy's relationship to their mother was, I think that American Woman did impact their sibling relationship. 

Kyle said the show did  and I believe her, especially after seeing how uber-sensitive Kathy is about the subject of their mother.  But what I found ridiculous (then and now) is that she never even saw it.  I watched American Woman and as far as I could tell there was nothing derogatory portrayed about Big Kathy.    If anything it seemed more like a homage and painted her in favorable light.   There wasn't even a big sister character. 

These girls had an effed up childhood for sure but out of all three of them I consider Kyle to be the most "successful" and by successful I mean normal.  She has a solid marriage, four good kids, a relatively successful career in show business (how many childhood actors get deals to develop and produce their own show).    And despite all the crap her sisters give her she is always always willing to forgive and reunite. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
On 10/29/2021 at 10:22 AM, charming said:

Thank you!!  I always feel that was a terrible thing to do to a family member, especially one who gave you your big break, and that is something that absolutely could cause a huge rift.  Kyle is lucky Kathy and Rick for some reason chose to forgive her and Mauricio foe that personal and financial betrayal.  I don’t know if I could

• Love 8
On 10/27/2021 at 8:08 PM, Chicklet said:

I still don't get the sobbing over her mother's death 20 years later. 

Nobody told Kyle that the dress was a tragedy?

I love how Erika looks put out that they are not talking about HER. 

I didn't realize there was a statute of limitations on missing a loved one.

On 10/27/2021 at 8:33 PM, Straycat80 said:

They are putting a lot of focus on Kathy, I’ll bet she gets a diamond next season.

Kathy gave more than one interview stating she'll never have a diamond.  She will only be a friend because that allows her not to have to give more of her life.  She's practically a housewife anyway.  She's a friend in name only.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, Never Again said:

Thank you!!  I always feel that was a terrible thing to do to a family member, especially one who gave you your big break, and that is something that absolutely could cause a huge rift.  Kyle is lucky Kathy and Rick for some reason chose to forgive her and Mauricio foe that personal and financial betrayal.  I don’t know if I could

I can understand what you are saying, I can also see the other side. What if, after joining a business and recruiting, training and building a hugely successful team you are still treated as an employee, rather than an equity sharing partner? 
I don’t know what happened in the real estate business but I’m sure it wasn’t all good or all bad on either side.

• Love 10
5 hours ago, Talented Tenth said:

I didn't realize there was a statute of limitations on missing a loved one.

As I never said there was a time limit for missing a loved one no, but prolonged grief is a recognized mental health disorder for a reason and over 20 years kind of illustrates that. Kyle's family had/have lots of issues that have never been addressed. Unless it's just for the show, but who knows.

• Useful 3
  • Love 8
16 hours ago, Never Again said:

I would imagine being filthy rich softens the blow considerably. If that business was Rick's only source of income he might have held a grudge longer. Mauricio has always struck me as shady as F. I was in the Morthage Industry for decades and we were tied into a huge, succesful Real Estate compnay so I learned early how to spot the slimeballs and I have always viewed Mauricio as one. I also was not even remotely surprised when the cheating rumors came up. Has Rick ever appeared on the show?

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
45 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

As I never said there was a time limit for missing a loved one no, but prolonged grief is a recognized mental health disorder for a reason and over 20 years kind of illustrates that. Kyle's family had/have lots of issues that have never been addressed. Unless it's just for the show, but who knows.

No shade, are you a mental health professional?  I don't think it's odd that when discussing one's mother they become sad and start crying.  There is a difference between being in a state of grief and becoming sad when a topic is brought up.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Chicklet said:

I get what you're saying. The intensity of their grief, after such a long time, is interesting. I lost my dear and wonderful mom 3 years ago, and the grief is there, it's just not as sharp and fresh. If it was, I would seek out a professional to help me navigate it.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, NYCFree said:

I can understand what you are saying, I can also see the other side. What if, after joining a business and recruiting, training and building a hugely successful team you are still treated as an employee, rather than an equity sharing partner? 
I don’t know what happened in the real estate business but I’m sure it wasn’t all good or all bad on either side.

I understand your point and agree. I think Mauricio wanted to be a partner and Rick declined. I think what caused the rift was Mauricio never went to Rick and said I will be leaving the company to start my own business thank you for the opportunity, then left. He was strategizing behind everyone's backs, recruiting in secret for months and then blindsided Rick with not only am I leaving today but taking a huge percentage of your staff. Allegedly. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 7
On 10/28/2021 at 4:20 PM, Keywestclubkid said:
On 10/28/2021 at 4:06 PM, The Closer said:

I actually think Andy is doing a good job of asking Ericka very pointed questions. For me, it's all about what he does going forward because if he brings her back, I won't care how great his questioning was here. I will just be done with the show. 

She’s back filming has already started 

Satan Andy. I've been done for a long time. I was only back to see Erika get her comeuppance. That's it for me. I hope she is made to squirm on Part 4 and someone bares their teeth and snarls back at her.

• LOL 2
  • Love 15
On 10/28/2021 at 5:55 PM, gingerella said:

I took the coven's reaction to Crystal saying her friend had gifted her a couple of Birkin's as they would never ever gift a friend something at that price point, then they were all 'oh! how can WE become friends with her, tee hee!' Cheap ass hags.

As for the rest of last night, jesusfuckingchrist! I could barely watch, I honestly had to do other things because the entire show was so ridiculous. And most riDICK of all was Bobblehead Rinna with her giant ass lips pursed together and her contantly bobbing head, trying to be this friggin madonna of righteousness all of a sudden. FUCK YOU RINNA. She's a piece of shit, full stop. Desperately trying to save her image and not be seen as the shit stirring piece of crap that she really is. No amount of agreeing with anything is going to reverse what we've seen of her on this show. And she's not redeemed herself from what she did to Denise, and GOOD for Denise for not having anything to do with her now. That? Probably pisses her off more than anything because she likes to think people should be happy she bestows her presence upon them. Twatbag. If Harry thinks she's the smartest person he knows, they Harry is a dumbass and knows a lot of really stupid people.

Erika was typical. Same old shit. I like how during this segment she's all "I loved Tom". What about the mistresses again? What part of the lies is she in now? I can't keep track.

Kathy Hilton can miss me with her 'we don't give extravagant things to each other' bullshit. Her earrings were probably 100k assuming they were real. She and Rick don't gift each other things because they probably buy what they want when they want it. And given her sleeping habits I find it difficult to believe that they have much of a relationship to begin with. Seems more like a case of it's cheaper to stay married to me.

Kyle is a moron with horrible fashion sense. But it's fun to see how jealous she is of her sister's popularity.

That's all I got. This franchise is dead.

OMG, Great Post .. LOVE it.  You said it all.

• Love 3
On 10/30/2021 at 10:08 AM, izabella said:

Per the media thread, there is no cast reboot.  They are all coming back, including Erika.  And maybe Teddi.

Of anybody, Erika absolutely needs to go. She alone is killing this franchise, and many of us aren’t at all happy with Andy and Bravo rewarding her with both another season AND a raise. 

It bothers me too and I won't watch next season. But it's also not surprising. This is the same franchise that brought Teresa Guidice back after she went to prison and gave her a sympathetic edit. She probably got a raise too. 

I haven't a clue as to why they're bringing Teddi back. She was so boring. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Love 11
8 minutes ago, Sweet-tea said:

I haven't a clue as to why they're bringing Teddi back. She was so boring. 

I have an opinion as to why they're bringing Teddi back:  KYLE.  I think she wants Teddi back to be her #1 cheerleader and ass kisser.  I'm of the opinion that Kyle has way too much pull with production, since she has been on the show since day 1, and IIRC early on she had a producer title, although no longer.  Guess that could be considered a conflict of interest to the other HoWives.  Still, Kyle has pull, and wants Teddi  around to back her up regardless of what Kyle does.  I honestly would rather watch paint dry that watch Teddi. 

Anyway, that's my two cents :)

• Love 18
On 10/30/2021 at 9:25 AM, RoseAllDay said:

As for the cast reboot: Of anybody, Erika absolutely needs to go. She alone is killing this franchise, and many of us aren’t at all happy with Andy and Bravo rewarding her with both another season AND a raise. These shows — for me, anyway — used to be guilty pleasures and silly distractions from reality. Now they’re weekly displays of gross, greedy behavior and meanness that enrage rather than entertain.

I agree, except for the casting. Erika may be the most egregious, but she is not the only one killing this show. Rinna has been so slyly backstabbing for many years, reveling in the discomfort and problems she manages to create for the others. (See Denise and LVP.) Kyle is an even more sly backstabber. I can do without the puppy dumper also.

It probably should not be surprising that Andy is keeping Erika, but I think he's misjudged the viewers this time. At least I hope so.

• Love 19
2 hours ago, renatae said:

I agree, except for the casting. Erika may be the most egregious, but she is not the only one killing this show. Rinna has been so slyly backstabbing for many years, reveling in the discomfort and problems she manages to create for the others. (See Denise and LVP.) Kyle is an even more sly backstabber. I can do without the puppy dumper also.

It probably should not be surprising that Andy is keeping Erika, but I think he's misjudged the viewers this time. At least I hope so.

I think he is too, especially because Erika is so angry, arrogant and self-absorbed. She is still not showing compassion for the victims. In fact, she seems to be thumbing her nose at everyone including the viewers. 

I hope the decision to keep her backfires on Andy big time. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Love 16
7 minutes ago, Sweet-tea said:

I think he is too, especially because Erika is so angry, arrogant and self-absorbed. She is still not showing compassion for the victims. In fact, she seems to be thumbing her nose at everyone including the viewers. 

I hope the decision to keep her backfires on Andy big time. 

Same here. I was watching this season to see Erika’s downfall not to see her next season. 

• Love 15
10 hours ago, Chicklet said:

As I never said there was a time limit for missing a loved one no, but prolonged grief is a recognized mental health disorder for a reason and over 20 years kind of illustrates that.

I agree; Kathy's reaction was over the top.  I lost my Mom 17 years ago and her memory no longer evokes tears.  I can remember the happy and the sad but there aren't any tears involved anymore.

• Love 5
16 hours ago, renatae said:

I don’t think it’s misjudging — it’s a big, fat middle finger to people who have supported him by watching his network and his shows for years, as well as to everybody this woman and her husband have cheated and scammed.

The sad thing is, if we all quit watching, Andy knows there will be just as many who will take our place. The man is ethically, if not morally, bankrupt. He just doesn’t care.

• Love 11
22 hours ago, Talented Tenth said:

No shade, are you a mental health professional?  I don't think it's odd that when discussing one's mother they become sad and start crying.  There is a difference between being in a state of grief and becoming sad when a topic is brought up.

There’s sadness, and then there’s unresolved grief. As much as it hurts, at some point peace must be made with a loss. That doesn’t mean the loss is no longer felt, but that there’s a level of acceptance of it. It’s hard to say whether or not Kyle and Kathy are there yet, with all the unresolved issues — and probably anger — they had with/at Big Kathy.

• Love 12
6 minutes ago, Surrealist said:

The thing I most enjoy about having binged the series are the discussions here.

The more I think about how this series has evolved, the more frustrated I get about where it is now.

Thank Andy for that. I’ve noticed a definite increase in meanness over the years in almost all the franchises I watch. It’s sad, really.

• Love 13
On 10/30/2021 at 11:31 AM, HotHW said:

I don't think her anger is *all* directed at the victims--there's a lot to go around--but the weird part is how none of it actually seems directed at Tom. Most of the time she actually doesn't stick with the story of him being an asshole at home. She's been mad at his family for not being there for him in his hour of need (in exactly the same way she isn't). I get that maybe it's better for her to keep stressing that he *allegedly* did this stuff, since it would be better for her if it wasn't true and she legally doesn't want to start talking about it like a fact. But Crystal really hit the nail on the head pointing out how she comes across like she's absolutely on Tom's side about pretty much everything.

Which gets back to why she owes stuff to people even if it isn't "their stuff" - if she didn't know what was going on, this man basically tricked her into millions of dollars in debt. Because she spent these peoples' money on herself, whether it was with fancy clothes or her glam squad or her singing career. He handed her a bag of somebody else's money and she spent it, so she doesn't get to just say she didn't know and it's gone and has nothing to do with her. So it's weird how she's ready to jump at, say, Sutton with threats that Tom will get her for daring to question him, but can't express anger at the guy putting her in this mess. Like, sometimes she accidentally talks about him as if he's still a functioning person--but never in a way that suggests he has responsibility for stealing from these people.

On 10/30/2021 at 5:43 PM, Never Again said:

I don't know any of the details of this or how real estate works, but it just seems like surely this is a standard thing that real estate people do. You start work, you get clients, and then if you want to go off on your own they come with you. How else would people start their own firms? Nobody spends their whole life being grateful for the big break when they've proved themselves.

And why would Kathy Hilton of all people be angry at someone taking money out of their pocket? Isn't it established that they are a hundred times richer than Kyle and Mo are *now*, much less when they had a lot less money? Sounds like they would be the villains in that scenario, trying to keep the peasants dependent to their feudal lords.

Edited by sistermagpie
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7

The most telling moment about big Kathy was when Kyle said she was a bad cook and asked Lil Kathy if she remembered the canned soup. Lil Kathy said...see. thats what she doesn't like. So basically,  saying anything about big Kathy that paints her as less than perfect is off limits. I mean, who didn't eat cambells soup as a kid? No big deal.

I hear all 3 sisters talk about how beautiful and vivacious big Kathy was. So strong and independent. Um okay. She was married 5 times and made money off the backs of her childen. She was an average looking woman who knew how to flirt and draw attention to herself.

They all speak the same narrative...and it reaks of a character created by a narcissist. They'll repeat who they want you to believe they are over and over again until it becomes the "truth". I'm a great mom. I always put you first. Did everything for you. Gave you a perfect life. You're so lucky to have me. Someday, maybe you'll be as beautiful as me. Men fall at my feet and other woman wish they could be me. When I walk into a room, everyone knows big Kathy has arrived. But who are we kidding...you could never be as fabulous as me, or even your sister, with your crooked nose and teeth (narcissist love to keep others down to prop themselves up!). 

• Useful 5
  • Love 9