Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E23: Reunion (Part 3)

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, J80134 said:

The most telling moment about big Kathy was when Kyle said she was a bad cook and asked Lil Kathy if she remembered the canned soup. Lil Kathy said...see. thats what she doesn't like. So basically,  saying anything about big Kathy that paints her as less than perfect is off limits. I mean, who didn't eat cambells soup as a kid? No big deal.

I hear all 3 sisters talk about how beautiful and vivacious big Kathy was. So strong and independent. Um okay. She was married 5 times and made money off the backs of her childen. She was an average looking woman who knew how to flirt and draw attention to herself.

They all speak the same narrative...and it reaks of a character created by a narcissist. They'll repeat who they want you to believe they are over and over again until it becomes the "truth". I'm a great mom. I always put you first. Did everything for you. Gave you a perfect life. You're so lucky to have me. Someday, maybe you'll be as beautiful as me. Men fall at my feet and other woman wish they could be me. When I walk into a room, everyone knows big Kathy has arrived. But who are we kidding...you could never be as fabulous as me, or even your sister, with your crooked nose and teeth (narcissist love to keep others down to prop themselves up!). 

Big Kathy's daughters are still afraid of her, even after her death.

Edited by Surrealist
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12
7 hours ago, sistermagpie said:

I don't know any of the details of this or how real estate works, but it just seems like surely this is a standard thing that real estate people do. You start work, you get clients, and then if you want to go off on your own they come with you. How else would people start their own firms? Nobody spends their whole life being grateful for the big break when they've proved themselves.

And why would Kathy Hilton of all people be angry at someone taking money out of their pocket? Isn't it established that they are a hundred times richer than Kyle and Mo are *now*, much less when they had a lot less money? Sounds like they would be the villains in that scenario, trying to keep the peasants dependent to their feudal lords.

It wouldn't be the least bit surprising if Kathy were indeed trying to keep the peasants dependent on and deferential to their feudal lords.  Mauricio going off on his own wasn't just about money, but also about control and power.  With Rick as Mauricio's boss, Rick had some control over Mauricio's life...gotta make nice with the boss.  And Kathy was in the catbird seat over her sister Kyle as long as Rick had control over Mauricio's career.

Kathy and Kim are very deferential to Kathy.  Lil Kathy probably learned quite a bit from Big Kathy. 

Edited by izabella
  • Love 13
3 hours ago, izabella said:

Kathy and Kim are very deferential to Kathy.  Lil Kathy probably learned quite a bit from Big Kathy

has it ever been explained why Big Kathy named her daughter Kathy?  Is a daughter in that situation called “Junior?” 

if lil Kathy had a daughter named Kathy would that daughter be considered “Kathy III ?”

Guess I haven’t heard of mothers going this route with the same name for the child.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, JonnieUniteUs said:

has it ever been explained why Big Kathy named her daughter Kathy?  Is a daughter in that situation called “Junior?” 

if lil Kathy had a daughter named Kathy would that daughter be considered “Kathy III ?”

Guess I haven’t heard of mothers going this route with the same name for the child.

It’s not super common, but a main reason that Rosie O’Donnell and Madonna bonded quickly in life is that they are both named after their mothers who have long been deceased.

• Useful 5
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, JonnieUniteUs said:

I grew up neighbors with a brother and sister that were BOTH named after their parents! It was the first time I'd heard of that, and I thought it was a bit odd when I was young. (Ok, I still think it's odd as an adult lol)

One of my oldest friends is named after her mom, and they sometimes called her Junior, but mostly they did the Big and Little titles until she was an adult and started going by her middle name--mostly because her mom hated being called "Big" haha! I believe for legal stuff, she has to put the Jr.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
On 10/31/2021 at 9:59 AM, NYCFree said:

I can understand what you are saying, I can also see the other side. What if, after joining a business and recruiting, training and building a hugely successful team you are still treated as an employee, rather than an equity sharing partner? 
I don’t know what happened in the real estate business but I’m sure it wasn’t all good or all bad on either side.

I might leave but I wouldn’t take my brother-in-law’s employees, files, nor clients.  He should have opened his own firm if he wanted to have equity then instead of letting his family give him a big break, teaching him the business, giving him a job, and then leaving the way he did.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Vanderboom said:

I'm relatively new to RHOBH (watched the first season, came back in in the middle of the Denise pileon). Was all this Big Kathy stuff revealed on the show? Or was this part of Kyle's movie?

Neither - it's from a book called House of Hilton.

• Useful 2