Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E11: Ice Queen of the Desert

• Start Topic

If Erica didn’t want anyone to know that Tom calls her constantly why did she say it on camera?

🗯besides hasn’t Tom forgot all about her by now with his dementia? And wasn’t he stealing 💰for years, not just since the head bang!

2 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

You guys, did you see Rinna’s eyes in the TH a moment after she insists, “I’m f- - -ing funny,” and her laugh kind of dies? 

YES  was that the cray cray or was it pure evil 😈 

• LOL 5
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Among her countless other crimes, believing she looks good in sea foam green speaks volumes about her delusions and arrogance. 

1 minute ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Among her countless other crimes, believing she looks good in sea foam green speaks volumes about her delusions and arrogance. 

She needs the glam squad……probably more than they need her too 😂 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Set Them Free said:

I am wondering if Erika asked a producer to cut out the part where she said Tom calls her, and where she asks the girls not to mention it again. She may have remembered after saying that on camera that somehow this was not something she should be disclosing. 

Crystal may have overheard this request, but Garcelle did not.  But production did not tell either Crystal or Garcelle not to bring it up again.

So when Garcelle did bring it up again, Erika knew she was screwed, because production did not have her back.  Hence the reaction.

(I admit, I see production conspiracies everywhere...)

You are totally on to something!!! At the beginning of filming, I can easily imagine the producers begging and promising ANYthing to this t- -t. But demanding that she open up and share her “journey” (I hate that word).

Of course, they baited and switched. 

She’s sobbing real tears HERE (and, hiccuping, apparently) because someone iced the Pretty Ugly and Messy Ice (not diamonds) Queen.

“I was … honest (gasp)… I was … (wailing) open… (shudder)….”

• Useful 1
  • Love 13

There is something very strange about Erika. Why do I feel like this whole episode she is bringing things up to reiterate her story about being naive about this whole thing. 

First it was the bank. You only just learned to go into a bank? For Kathy Hilton this makes sense because she does agree in this scene that she doesn't either, but she grew up rich. However, I don't believe Erika had never been to a bank. She had a son when she met Tom. She was a waitress. I do not believe that she was so oblivious to how finances worked just because she was married to Tom. 

Then it's the story about the house. She starts acting like she has no idea about where this house is, when it was sold etc because this further solidifies her having no idea about Tom's financial activity. The way she acts like she had no idea that the house was sold is comical. 

Then the final scenes with the bit about Tom calling her. She painted in previous episodes that Tom and her had no relationship anymore. That he was cold, icy and left her in the dust. This goes well with her story because it paints her as a victim, it is part of the whole plot she has created. Now why would you get so angry at your friend for simply mentioning that he calls her? Why would you get so defensive? Because her story is unravelling. This part doesn't make sense. And by exaggerating her anger on her friend for spilling this fact and the whole drama scene that follows is merely deflecting from the sheer fact that her story is not adding up. The way that half the room is very confused and stunned and the response. Kathy goes what's wrong with saying he calls her? exactly that. 

There is something very strange about this woman, she doesn't seem right and she has all these lovely women around her trying to support her and giving her sympathy and advice for something which is completely fabricated. She is so deep in this lie it makes sense why she can't sleep and why she has to constantly leave. She can barely keep up with herself. 

5 hours ago, HotHW said:

Well in one scene they were celebrating an election and in the next they were decorating a xmas tree...so, it's possible the calls started after she made the first statement.

Last episode she was till maintaining she has had zero contact with the man. That she was the abandoned wife who wasn’t reached out to at all.

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 13

Erika is a lying liar who got caught lying and she panicked and tried to deflect this onto Garcelle. Not working .  I do not for one minute believe that she was referring to Tom leaving messages on her voice mail when she said that he calls her every day begging her to come home and saying that he misses and loves her. Then she said Babe you have to stop this you need help. She's talking to her phone??  Whoops! Then she asks Crystal not to say anything about this but Garcelle didn't get the message. I have a feeling that Erika said more about the Tom phone calls than we heard on the show but she cried and got production to edit what she said. And she doth protest too much with "I can't talk to Tom. I have to be able to say I do not talk to Tom."  Sure Erika.  

• Love 21

Erikas all’s over the place. The cold dismissive Tom is now calling her everyday?
Did she remember she told the others she hadn’t heard from him after she spoke to Garcelle and Crystal? I felt like she was mad at herself and lashed out at Garcelle. 
Part of me wants to be the type to call people for straws and chia seeds, buy tacos and have the driver carry them in for me but I guess if that doesn’t come naturally now it never will.

• LOL 14
  • Love 6
13 minutes ago, cantfindaname said:

Erika claims he was declining with the accident story, right? Or at least imply? So, she “lets” him spend millions on her, even if she knows? That does not look bad at all 😬

As long as he kept that cash rolling in to get her on stage she could have gave 2 shits... and it makes her gripe that he didn't come see her on Broadway even grosser ...

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 10
15 minutes ago, cantfindaname said:

Erika claims he was declining with the accident story, right? Or at least imply? So, she “lets” him spend millions on her, even if she knows? That does not look bad at all 😬

That’s the thing. She let him spend millions on her and her act while 1) she knew he was declining and 2) she knew there were law suits out there because he was not paying back amounts he owed. We know she knew this because we knew this from news that has been out there. She may not have known that he was using victims’ money but she knew he wasn’t paying back loans from litigation finance firms.

• Love 18
17 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

As long as he kept that cash rolling in to get her on stage she could have gave 2 shits... and it makes her gripe that he didn't come see her on Broadway even grosser ...

Exactly! There is just so many manyyy things that make her look really bad. 

10 minutes ago, janiema said:

That’s the thing. She let him spend millions on her and her act while 1) she knew he was declining and 2) she knew there were law suits out there because he was not paying back amounts he owed. We know she knew this because we knew this from news that has been out there. She may not have known that he was using victims’ money but she knew he wasn’t paying back loans from litigation finance firms.

Yep. Cold fricking b…. 

• Love 11
12 hours ago, Andi27 said:

I don't think Erika is fake crying here. I think she is really upset that she gave the conversations with Tom away, which her attorneys probably told her to absolutely not do. And she is probably genuinely angry at Garcelle for telling the group, even though it's Erika's problem.

Um, she's angry that Garcelle told the group what she said on National Television? 

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
11 hours ago, janiema said:

I’m thinking that the nearby house may have been owned by the law firm or other corporation. That way it might not be community property needing Erika’s signature to sell. Also, if Tom bought the house before they got married, it would have been his separate property and he could sell it without her participation. If it were owned individually, however, a title company may still have requested that she sign something attesting to that. Title companies in California are pretty careful given the large dollar amounts involved. 

In CA if he owned it prior to the marriage, Erika would be entitled to half the equity from the date of the marriage, unless she specifically signed off the property. Far more likely he owned it in a Corporation or LLC created specifically for Real Estate. 

11 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

But wasn’t her name on it? They were looking it up by her name 

It could have been under something like Girardi, LLC. People often put their names on LLC'S they create. 

• Useful 1
9 hours ago, LizDC said:

I was just coming here to say this.  Conversations/moments aren’t private if they occur in front of a television crew that’s filming you.  

Exactly.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, HotHW said:

She shared her story on TV. That is completely different than your "friend" literally announcing "so on behalf of Erika I'm going to tell you what she shared with me". I'd be pissed too. All of the other women could read the room and knew not to even ask questions unless Erika brought it up. But Garcelle seems to fancy herself way more important than she is and has some right to butt in where she doesn't belong. "So Sutton, tell me where you get your money from". "So everyone, let me tell you all about a story Erika told me about her husband and their legal troubles". But boohoo, I can't trust Rinna because I don't know if she'll be nice to me if we have a disagreement. 

STFU Garcelle.

Erika, and the other witches except Garcelle, assumed they had the right to interrogate Denise about sex she may have had with another consenting adult. She went ballistic at Eileen for merely mentioning her son, not saying anything even remotely negative, just mentioning she had a son. Erika's lies are so contradictory, it is obvious they are lies. Erika is not a victim. 

1 minute ago, chlban said:

Edited by chlban
  • Love 15
17 minutes ago, chlban said:

It could have been under something like Girardi, LLC. People often put their names on LLC'S they create. 

Yea that's what Karys husbands family on Dallas did for their properties and things  to keep her hands off it .... I want to know when he bought it tho cause if it was sometime in the 20 something years he has been married to her something smells

Edited by Keywestclubkid
i spelled it there insted not their
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Yea that's what Karys husbands family on Dallas did for their properties and things  to keep her hands off it .... I want to know when he bought it tho cause if it was sometime in the 20 something years he has been married to her something smells

Surely, you're not implying that Tom Girardi would do something unethical?😃🙃

• LOL 11
9 hours ago, Thumper said:

Yeah, even though Crystal has been quiet, I have not felt she was disbelieving of Ericka.  She seemed sympathetic regarding the dementia/ Alzheimer’s stuff.

Yeah, I thought that too. Though if she went through watching her dad, she may automatically show sympathy for Alzheimer's, even if it turns out to be fake, you know? 

9 hours ago, HotHW said:

She shared her story on TV. That is completely different than your "friend" literally announcing "so on behalf of Erika I'm going to tell you what she shared with me". I'd be pissed too. All of the other women could read the room and knew not to even ask questions unless Erika brought it up. But Garcelle seems to fancy herself way more important than she is and has some right to butt in where she doesn't belong. "So Sutton, tell me where you get your money from". "So everyone, let me tell you all about a story Erika told me about her husband and their legal troubles". But boohoo, I can't trust Rinna because I don't know if she'll be nice to me if we have a disagreement. 

STFU Garcelle.

LOL! Referring something that Erika had already said perfectly casually to another person in the room as well, without even going into any details about it, is hardly being insensitive. The fact that Erika pretended that Garcelle was being intrusive--that she'd "gotten it out of her" even the first time was obviously not about Garcelle actually being too pushy here. If she really wanted both of them to not mention she should have made a point of telling both of them that!

2 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

That’s what I’m not understanding…she’s admitted that he put all this time and effort and money into her and making her Erika Jayne willingly and without question or hesitation and he gave her what she needed for 20 something YEARS to make her dream of being a “pop star” a reality and at the first sign of him needing to lean on her (that he was starting to decline) she said you know what I’m out. None of these women are questioning that?

IKR? You can show sympathy for the difficulty of dealing with someone with dementia without saying you just have to abandon them because who needs that shit? Especially when the person lives in a huge house and has tons of money to get help or just avoid him.

But then, she seems to flip back and forth between Tom being cold and rejecting her and using his craftiness to get her and suggesting he's declining to the point where he can't do any of those things. And maybe somebody could flip back and forth, but Erika talks about it each side of him as if it's the whole thing. 

I mean, it doesn't seem like she's saying she was even the person who had to take care of him, since he was refusing to talk to her or accept her help and was carrying on an affair as well.

20 minutes ago, chlban said:

Erika, and the other witches except Garcelle, assumed they had the right to interrogate Denise about sex she may have had with another consenting adult. She went ballistic at Eileen for merely mentioning her son, not saying anything even remotely negative, just mentioning she had a son. Erika's lies are so contradictory, it is obvious they are lies. Erika is not a victim. 

Iirc, she didn't even mention her son. She used an expression that had son or child in it. Like she said something like, "She just made a little joke and you're acting like she killed your child..." which is a thing people say to describing someone having a reaction that's wildly OTT. Then Erika started ranting as if Eileen had actually suggested Erika's son would be killed, which she eventually tried to obliquely tie to the BLM movement. Basically suggesting that it was cruel to use the words "child" and "killed" in the same sentence because her son was a cop and that's the most dangerous profession in the world (it's actually not at all) "especially now" (referring to the protests meaning people were out to kill cops).

That drove me nuts. 

Oh, and I did think it was funny when Crystal being a descendent of Confucius came up and somebody--can't remember who--thought it was a racist joke. That was funny. 

• Love 20

THIS is what I want to see from my Housewives! Sports teams you owned and didn't even know it. Homes in the desert you forgot about or have never even seen. Kyles amazing second home. 

More of all that and none of Erika. Her sobbing her way in to the bathroom and us having to hear her gutteral fake cry from behind the door is going to far, BRAVO. At least she didn't have to dig deep and display any fake tears from behind the door. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, chlban said:

In CA if he owned it prior to the marriage, Erika would be entitled to half the equity from the date of the marriage, unless she specifically signed off the property. Far more likely he owned it in a Corporation or LLC created specifically for Real Estate. 

You don’t become entitled to any of the equity or even the increase in value of separate property just by marrying. There may be some adjustment due if community funds are used for debt service or maintenance but nothing more substantial. I think Erika is grasping at straws.

• Useful 3

In December of last year after the dementia talk by Erika she posted on social media that Tom was having an affair with a judge. She named her and posted screen shots of their steamy texts. Then took the post down. So this feeble old man with dementia is carrying on an affair with a judge? None of this makes any sense. None of it. 

• Love 20
1 hour ago, 90sfan said:

Garcelle is for sure my favorite housewife on any franchise.

Mine too. Although I do see the need for a mix of the narcissistic crazy to make it more entertaining.  But it felt good to see Erika all snot and tears, seething and furious in that bathroom because Garcelle repeated what she had been told. Erika, you don’t control anyone… not even production. 

I’m wondering if Rinna doesn’t want another Denise-gate situation, so she’s being extra supportive of Erika. Unfortunately she’s chosen the wrong path again.  

Edited by Pondlass1
  • Love 16
10 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

I’m wondering if Rinna doesn’t want another Denise-gate situation, so she’s being extra supportive of Erika. Unfortunately she’s chosen the wrong path again.  

I think Lisa genuinely likes Erika, while I think she secretly hated Denise despite their years of being "good friends" (didn't they share an ex or two in common? Lisa laughed it off but maybe there's some grudging feelings there). But she, Door-it, and Kyle are also probably scared of Erika as well.

Don't some of the allegations pre-date the accident? So Erika can't claim that Tom only did what he did because of a head injury. Or wait, was it the dementia? Or wait, did the dementia cause the accident? Yeah Erika, you blew it. No wonder you were crying/hyperventilating in the bathroom.

I'm still shocked she and Bravo haven't gotten hit with a gag order from Tom's legal team yet. But if it brings them down, by all means, continue spinning, Erika.

• Love 15
34 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

Mine too. Although I do see the need for a mix of the narcissistic crazy to make it more entertaining.  But it felt good to see Erika all snot and tears, seething and furious in that bathroom because Garcelle repeated what she had been told. Erika, you don’t control anyone… not even production. 

Rinna and Erika share management 😉

• Useful 7
  • Love 4

Erica's Burberry bomber jacket.. with neon yellow? It's making my eye twitch! Crystal is wearing the same exact outfit she wore for dinner, on the hiking trail? Just switched out the shoes? Bizarre.

I believe every single thing Kathy Hilton does, I don't think any of it is an act. I know so many women like this. Believe it or not I also believe that Erika had no damn idea what was being bought and sold. I actually believe that she couldn't get a straight answer out of Tom, and left it alone. She knew she hit the "jackpot" with this guy and she didn't want to push it. I can't believe she's making it all about her though rather than the victims, it's disgusting. 

Sutton...."Foxhounding"? I think you mean fox hunting. Or you're thinking of houndstooth...

Hancock Park?! Is that where Erika lives now? Super old Hollywood neighborhood. Median home value 3.3 million.... And what's the location in Whatever Happened to Baby Jane (referencing the poster above me who did that side by side of Bette Davis and Erika)

Erika, girl.... Yeah you had to talk about Tom calling twice, but you knew it was on camera the first time... So guess what bitch, it's on camera the second time. This is your paycheck now. It sounds like Erica kind of shut down the cameras/production  when hiking and production asked Garcelle to bring it up again. Erika wanted to be famous, and now she is. She is in the limelight, and it turned out to be a curse.

I think it does hurt Erika to hear the messages from Tom. I think her lawyers advised her to get out quick and cut contact, and it does hurt her to not answer him. But she knows she's got to "protect herself."

Edited by Aim123
Thought of some more things
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, chlban said:

Erika is vile. So Garcelle is somehow invading her privacy by openly-not behind her back- but in her presence-repeating her lie, but the Coven could grill Denise as if she was literally on trial about what she may have done with another consenting adult. Spare me. I thought Erika said Tom was done with her, because when you leave a man like that you are dead to them? Of course that was early in the season before there was any mention of Dementia, head injuries and all the other BS. Before the lying liar that lies decided to change direction. Wasn't it just last week that there was an affair she discovered by checking his phone "that looked long term"? So, why would he care? He has a long term lover and maybe another family living near Kyle's house And? Or did I imagine that little innuendo, it's so hard to keep up.. And if he really has Dementia, he wouldn't be calling her every day because he A) wouldn't remember her every day and B) if he is early enough in to remember her, it's highly unlikely he would realize she dumped him. Erika, the Ice Queen, playing the victim is NOT working. Never had a bank account?  Well, maybe her clients just left the cash on the dresser, but you still need to actually pay bills at some point. She is lying so much she cannot keep up with the lies. As annoying as Sutton can be, she may just be the hero of the season and I hope Garcelle does NOT apologize. Erika, you are not a victim, you are not sympathetic in the slightest, you are a liar and I hope you get everything coming to you. 

BTW, Erika had know problem throwing Yolanda's private business out there when she referenced going into Tom's phone. She could have just said when a friend got divorced. Yet, Garcelle is evil for repeating something Erika just said on national TV. Hypocrite much Erika?

This post hits the nail on the head CHLBAN. Bravo! (pun intended)

• Love 2
1 hour ago, 65mickey said:

In December of last year after the dementia talk by Erika she posted on social media that Tom was having an affair with a judge. She named her and posted screen shots of their steamy texts. Then took the post down. So this feeble old man with dementia is carrying on an affair with a judge? None of this makes any sense. None of it. 

Also, weren't those texts from long in the past, like 2011? 

I would bet $25 million dollars (heh) that one of the production people was in the bathroom with Erika when she was sobbing and saying she's been open and honest. I bet her openness and willingness to talk about all this shizz is why she was given a contract for this season. They just edited out that side of any bathroom convo as not to break the 4th wall again. I can believe her sobs are real, her life has fallen down around her ankles and turned to rubble.

I don't know how she forgets that every single thing she says -on camera- can be viewed multiple times, parsed, rewound, screenshot, gif'ed. She's made a gigantic error by filming.

Edited by WhatAmIWatching
Past autoc, not last
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 13
1 minute ago, pasdetrois said:

Garcelle knew exactly what she was doing.

I think she knew she was intentionally bringing up the subject for Erika to talk again about how Tom was calling her every day, but I don't see how she could have known that she wanted to pretend it never happened and would freak out if it was mentioned. I mean, unless the producers told her Erika demanded they erase it so could she bring it up again. But otherwise I can't see why anybody would have thought it would get that kind of reaction since it's not like she acted like it was a big deal when she said it earlier.

1 minute ago, Sharonana said:

Saw this on Twitter. 😳 Wish Rinna would spill all the tea.

Spill Rinna, spill!

• Love 14
6 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Erika is a lying liar who got caught lying and she panicked and tried to deflect this onto Garcelle. Not working .  I do not for one minute believe that she was referring to Tom leaving messages on her voice mail when she said that he calls her every day begging her to come home and saying that he misses and loves her. Then she said Babe you have to stop this you need help. She's talking to her phone??  Whoops! Then she asks Crystal not to say anything about this but Garcelle didn't get the message. I have a feeling that Erika said more about the Tom phone calls than we heard on the show but she cried and got production to edit what she said. And she doth protest too much with "I can't talk to Tom. I have to be able to say I do not talk to Tom."  Sure Erika.  

I can see them now colluding their scam on burner phones. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Aim123 said:

I believe every single thing Kathy Hilton does, I don't think any of it is an act. I know so many women like this.

I don't think it's an act either but I honestly (and thankfully) don't know any women like this.  But of course I don't know anyone who has spent the better part of 40 years living in a luxury hotel either. 

1 hour ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

I would bet $25 million dollars (heh) that one of the production people was in the bathroom with Erika when she was sobbing and saying she's been open and honest.

I hadn't thought of that but it  makes sense because she obviously wasn't alone.  People might go behind closed doors to sob but not to talk out loud while sobbing. 

• Love 11
5 hours ago, janiema said:

Precisely.

I'm not watching RHOBH with a spreadsheet into which I'm entering each new (possibly) relevant-in-a-legal-sense detail as it emerges, but it did seem in this episode that Erika was struggling to establish a timeline for Girardi's dementia.  Not organic dementia, according to Mrs. Girardi!  Sequela to closed-head-injury that took place four years ago.  And that, oddly enough, no one ever heard had taken place until now.

This would seem to be meant to establish a get-out-of-jail free card for everything that has taken place in the last four years for both Girardis:  He is mentally incompetent (obviously), and she saw the mental incompetence but could do nothing.

I'm not a lawyer.  But it does seem to me that to get anything to stick against these two despicable humans, they're gonna need to come up with evidence of Ponzi schemes that go back farther than four years ago.

On a lighter note—I had to laugh at Erika's hiking outfit.  And Erika's hiking lip stain.  Who trowels on the makeup for a hike in the desert?

Erika is a total predator.  She scans a room and goes for the weakest person.  Musta been a real hoot in the high school lunchroom.  At this point, though, she's the weakest person in the room, so she would be well advised to sheath the claws.  Does not play well with the invisible viewing audience even if we get to hear her sobbing in the bathroom.

• Love 21