Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E11: Ice Queen of the Desert

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

I cannot believe what a selfish bummer she has been.  They had to wait until she left before they could have any fun and even then we only got to hear about that and see a brief flashback.  At every event it's All About Erika All the Time.  🤑

The only exception might be when Sutton decided to top Erika and talk about her father's Christmas season suicide.  Fun!🙄

And the Ice Queen didn't even slow down guzzling her drink or express any shock or compassion. PK pretty much pegged her during pantygate. She is just a cold bitch and stands out as particularly self absorbed even in a nest of narcissists.

• Love 17
38 minutes ago, amarante said:

By her own words, she had been plotting to leave him for several months so at the time when she was discussing how wonderful the marriage was (on the boat) she theoretically was on the verge of depositing him at his lawfirm and leaving without a word.

Which shows that Erika doesn't really have any kind of friendship with these women.  She doesn't share anything unless she has an agenda to do it.  I'm guessing she never had any contact with the other women during the off season until now.  That probably applies to several of them except during the quarantine most people were talking to people they normally didn't have time to visit with and I think most of these women do talk outside of the show. 

• Love 11
5 hours ago, kristen111 said:

I’m lost here.  How do we know Tom has dementia and had an accident?  Did Erika say that, his lawyers, a hospital, a doctor?  Truly, was he diagnosed, and by whom.  Maybe I missed something.  She said he had an accident and wound up down a hill.  That was the last I read of it.

No. No. And No. She only expanded on the story in La Quinta.  But it's a little different.

6 minutes ago, sistermagpie said:

The thing is, you almost have to be completely in Erika's pov to even just assume that Garcelle in that particular moment was catching her in something because it's not even like the cheating comment. Because it's not like Erika said she hadn't talked to Tom since she left and then Garcelle said, "But Erika, didn't you say something recently that implied you talked to him every day?"

No, in this case, Erika said Tom called her every day as something that made Erika herself sympathetic. Usually when something like that happens and a person brings it up later they're doing it to advance the storyline the person themselves was trying to push. We've even got Crystal right there saying that Garcelle was never told by Erika not to bring it up again. We don't know if Garcelle would have done it if she'd been told that--or more accurately, we don't know if production would have pushed her to do it in the same way. As was said above, it's very possible that other people in the class only knew this particular lie was worse than any other when she reacted to it being repeated back to her.

Erika should not be on this show this season if she didn't expect people to talk about what she tells them  esp asking crystal NOT to bring it up (where was this for Denise last season?) ...one she is making each and every one of these ladies open to being dragged into court she is actively asking them (even if not out loud) to help her cover  up shit (even if they don't know) when inconsistencies pop up in her stories .... I find it alarming that none of these ladies has of yet are asking about this ?? well you said this but now are saying that ... 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 14
1 minute ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Erika should not be on this show this season if she didn't expect people to talk about what she tells them ...one she is making each and every one of these ladies open to being dragged into court she is actively asking them (even if not out loud) to help her cover  up shit (even if they don't know) when inconsistencies pop up in her stories .... I find it alarming that none of these ladies has of yet are asking about this ?? well you said this but now are saying that ... 

It's almost more insulting when you consider how little thought it seems like she's putting into these stories. I mean, that accident story alone was just...what? And she expects six other people to just nod as if she's saying normal things? It seems like most of them are starting out from a sympathetic position but eventually they're not going to be able to stop themselves from asking questions. Especially because surely they're going to figure out that they can't treat Erika like yet another one of Tom's victims. They're going to want to be on the side of the orphans and burn victims.

• Love 18
50 minutes ago, izabella said:

I think their intention was to have Erika file for divorce to keep the assets separate and safe from the court judgments.  Theoretically, if they divorce, she gets half of the existing assets so the courts couldn't come after them to pay off Tom's debts.  That's also why Tom was giving her expensive artwork as gifts...also keeps the assets safe from being used to pay off Tom's judgments.  They may also have squirreled away some funds in those deep, deep, deep offshore accounts under Erika's name, thinking they wouldn't be subject to judgment, either.  The flaw in the plan is that Erika is also guilty because of those "loans" to her company which she signed for, and thus the court can go after her and her assets, too.

They want to keep it hidden that they talk on the phone because that could reveal they are conspiring together to get away with separating assets in a divorce, rather than divorcing because their marriage is over.  I think she slipped up and told Crystal and Garcelle that he calls her because she wanted to give the impression that he is not over her awesomeness and is begging her to come back - her ego ended up putting her foot in her mouth.

I don't blame Garcelle for asking questions about what Erika was saying, since it didn't add up.  I was actually expecting Garcelle to bring up the fact that Erika lied to her about Tom cheating.  She told Garcelle he wasn't cheating, as far as she knew, but she told the others that she found out he was cheating right after Yolanda's divorce, which was a couple years ago now. 

Yes, exactly.  Thanks.

• Love 4
On 8/6/2021 at 10:13 PM, sistermagpie said:

What seems so strange to me is it's not like I can believe that Erika he was genuinely unburdening herself to Garcelle and Crystal and accidentally got caught on the mic because why would she trust those two with something that went against the story she was trying to put across? She's got no real good reason to think that Garcelle or Crystal--two women she doesn't seem to know all that well--are going to keep a secret any more private than the camera people would, so what's she supposed to have been caught in, you know? 

Like, yes, she would have been wise to not be talking about any of this stuff on camera whether or not a particular clip was going to be on TV, but it doesn't make much sense for her to be saying it to any of these women off-camera either! What exactly was she up to in telling them that?

Cause she’s not as smart as she thinks she is…

1 hour ago, sistermagpie said:

It's almost more insulting when you consider how little thought it seems like she's putting into these stories. I mean, that accident story alone was just...what? And she expects six other people to just nod as if she's saying normal things? It seems like most of them are starting out from a sympathetic position but eventually they're not going to be able to stop themselves from asking questions. Especially because surely they're going to figure out that they can't treat Erika like yet another one of Tom's victims. They're going to want to be on the side of the orphans and burn victims.

Maybe. IMO Kyle and Lips are too far gone to backtrack now.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

For the record, I don't blame Garcelle a bit for dragging that comment out into the open, whether it was intentional or unintentional. 

It seemed to me that Garcelle was surprised to be on the receiving end of Erika's OTT attack as well.   I know I was.   I was also more than a little pissed that no one seemed to come to Garcelle's defense.  

I don't know if the other women are just afraid of Erika or imagining themselves in a public divorce (although probably not criminal) and cutting her slack but it's getting annoying as hell.  

Unfortunately I was counting on Rinna to demand Erika OWN IT and instead she's going the other way. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 13
49 minutes ago, Cosmocrush said:

It seemed to me that Garcelle was surprised to be on the receiving end of Erika's OTT attack as well.   I know I was.   I was also more than a little pissed that no one seemed to come to Garcelle's defense.  

Crystal was the only one defending her. She didn’t hear Erika tell me not to bring it up. (Why would she ask not to bring it up to the group would be my question) 

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Crystal was the only one defending her. She didn’t hear Erika tell me not to bring it up. (Why would she ask not to bring it up to the group would be my question) 

Exactly. 

53 minutes ago, Cosmocrush said:

I don't know if the other women are just afraid of Erika or imagining themselves in a public divorce (although probably not criminal) and cutting her slack but it's getting annoying as hell.  

Unfortunately I was counting on Rinna to demand Erika OWN IT and instead she's going the other way. 

I felt awful for Garcelle too. Erika's divorce is the story, she finds out surprising information, but she's not allowed to ask about it? Garcelle is finding all this out in real time, so I really don't even think she thought she was setting Erika up. 

I think it's a combination. We've seen how angry Erika gets, and many of the others have skeletons in their closets too. Rinna doesn't want to talk about her husband. Kyle doesn't want to talk about Mauricio's lawsuit(s). PK owes money, and Dorit DGAF. She just wants him to buy her nice things. 

Can only count on Rinna to always be on the ride side. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, sistermagpie said:

These are all very stupid women who would stick their necks out for her.  Screw her .. they owe her nothing.  If they have to testify, they will say Bravo told them to stick up for her.  She’s trying very hard to keep their friendships for this reason.  She’s cold and calculating.  The people they should have stuck up for was Denice.  Kyle is sickening the way she coddles her.  Maybe Bravo made them say what they are saying.  Who knows?  I shouldn’t even be watching, but this is a real life case that involves innocent people who got screwed.  Shame on Tom and Erika.  They both are monsters.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I wish Crystal had spoken up while Erika was there and told her that, instead of waiting until she left and then telling the others.  Why did she wait?  Why not tell the facts instead of letting Erika go on and on?

• Love 13
5 minutes ago, izabella said:

I wish Crystal had spoken up while Erika was there and told her that, instead of waiting until she left and then telling the others.  Why did she wait?  Why not tell the facts instead of letting Erika go on and on?

Self preservation probably, Erika would have just turned her wrath on her and wasn’t in the mood to hear any logic. All of the women seemed confused by the outburst. 

• Love 11

Why did Crystal wait until Erika left the room to let the others know that Erika did not ask Garcelle to not bring up the phone calls?  Probably because she just saw Erika tear into Garcelle and reduce her to tears. She didn't want the same thing to happen to her. Not nice to not stand up for Garcelle when she knew it didn't go down the way Erika said it did but these women really seem to fear Erika. I don't know why. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Oh that's right.  I forgot about Crystal saying that.  And I agree, the fact that Erika didn't want it brought up to the group is a good question and I wish Garcelle would have asked her that as a comeback.  But I get why she didn't since she was caught off guard by Erika's attack.  

• Love 6
32 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

Why did Crystal wait until Erika left the room to let the others know that Erika did not ask Garcelle to not bring up the phone calls?  Probably because she just saw Erika tear into Garcelle and reduce her to tears. She didn't want the same thing to happen to her. Not nice to not stand up for Garcelle when she knew it didn't go down the way Erika said it did but these women really seem to fear Erika. I don't know why. 

She’s a forceful personality — IOW, a bully. People like that can cow others into just blindly following or keeping their mouths shut. Combine a smug, aloof personality with a hair-trigger temper, and people choose not to engage. But as all the lies begin piling up, that probably won’t do much to keep the heat off her. The “running out of the room in tears” act will get old fast. If it were me, I’d say “Well, girl, bye” and get myself another drink.

ETA: Like most bullies, when the heat gets too be too much, she’ll fold.

Edited by RoseAllDay
  • Love 20

I think that whole scene with Garcelle bringing up the phone calls reveals a lot about how these shows are really made:

Erika clearly gave the green light to the ladies to discuss her personal life this season.  It was probably a condition with production on her inclusion this season.  Every episode is Erika walking in dramatically, hand to forehead, with one bomb after another.  Dismissive, mean, affairs, brain damage from car accident, "dementia" etc... 
This from a woman who gave us nothing for all these years on the show. 

We also know they recreate scenes that happen off camera all the time which means production sets up scenes with them, that they are prompted to have any given conversation.  Garcelle was doing her job, she brought it up back at the house.  I suspect production told her to do it again as they wanted all the women there for it, so she obliged.  (that's the only way those scenes make any sense to me)  Then she saw Erika's reaction and it caught her off guard. 

Garcelle wasn't doing anything they aren't all prompted to do AND what she brought up was harmless in the context of all that has been shared to date with crews filming. It is only a big deal if she were actively aware that Erika and Tom were scheming to hide assets and I don't see how she would have been at that point in time.  But Erika's reaction certainly puts Sutton on alert as to wtf is really going on here.  She has just been through a divorce with forensic accountants and all that so she is going to be quicker to smell a con coming. 

I find Garcelle refreshing in the sense that she read the job description and just goes in there and does it.  And without malice, I believe, and must assume the others read their contract as well. Her whole thing with Lisa and Denise is with Rinna going after Denise relentlessly when they had an actual friendship, she went all in when she could have left it to the other ladies to carry the ball.  Notice Garcelle does back off when she sees Erika freak out, she doesn't push her and tell her to own it. 

• Love 20

I got the feeling that when Sutton brought up the forensic review of assets she was cleverly letting Erika know she was not going to be able to hide her money because there ARE people who know how to find it.   Sutton made it sound like  she said this to support Erika because Tom might be hiding money from her-- but I believe Sutton is on to Erika.    I laughed at that because Erika said nothing at that moment.  Erika knows Tom has no money and she said so earlier to all the women. How does she know? Because she probably has it all.

Erika calling Garcelle's actions "dirty" was off the charts.  Mean? Insensitive?  Reckless?  Maybe something else ...but dirty?  What did the messy one really mean by this word "dirty"?  The only dirty one in the group is the one who lied about her life on a reality show, living off the money of victims, bragging about how much she spends on herself to be better than every one else and loving herself so passionately she didn't need a husband.  The only dirty one is the messy narcissist with the glam squad  to create her look and who needs to stay in hotels to keep her real business out of reach because everything about her is fake .  Erika is dirty...messy, dirty liar.

Edited by tranquilidade
after thought
  • Useful 1
  • Love 20
56 minutes ago, tranquilidade said:

I got the feeling that when Sutton brought up the forensic review of assets she was cleverly letting Erika know she was not going to be able to hide her money because there ARE people who know how to find it.   Sutton made it sound like  she said this to support Erika because Tom might be hiding money from her-- but I believe Sutton is on to Erika.    I laughed at that because Erika said nothing at that moment.  Erika knows Tom has no money and she said so earlier to all the women. How does she know? Because she probably has it all.

Erika calling Garcelle's actions "dirty" was off the charts.  Mean? Insensitive?  Reckless?  Maybe something else ...but dirty?  What did the messy one really mean by this word "dirty"?  The only dirty one in the group is the one who lied about her life on a reality show, living off the money of victims, bragging about how much she spends on herself to be better than every one else and loving herself so passionately she didn't need a husband.  The only dirty one is the messy narcissist with the glam squad  to create her look and who needs to stay in hotels to keep her real business out of reach because everything about her is fake .  Erika is dirty...messy, dirty liar.

Yesss now I remember Erika saying there was no money to get...so how did she know that at that point? I've been trying to give her some benefit of doubt, but it's so murky. I'm loving Sutton's side-eyeing everything. (Crystal and Garcelle seem to be too, and I'm here for it)

It's weird to me that they look each other up on Page Six and other tabloids FIRST. That's what tips me over into the 'only coworkers' side. Idk maybe that just what famous (or infamous) people do? They don't call or text each other to get the deets, or see how someone is, they check the tabloids?
  Lmao I'm imagining that scenario among my group and it's so weird "Hey girl, page 6 says you ran away with the Prince's daughter's son, is that true? AND you're pregnant! Did you know?" Bizarre world they live in. 😆 

Edited by WhatAmIWatching
Autoc hates me
  • LOL 4
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

Yesss now I remember Erika saying there was no money to get...so how did she know that at that point? I've been trying to give her some benefit of doubt, but it's so murky. I'm loving Sutton's side-eyeing everything. (Crystal and Garcelle seem to be too, and I'm here for it)

It's weird to me that they look each other up on Page Six and other tabloids FIRST. That's what tips me over into the 'only coworkers' side. Idk maybe that just what famous (or infamous) people do? They don't call or text each other to get the deets, or see how someone is, they check the tabloids?
  Lmao I'm imagining that scenario among my group and it's so weird "Hey girl, page 6 says you ran away with the Prince's daughter's son, is that true? AND you're pregnant! Did you know?" Bizarre world they live in. 😆 

I think they may do that so they know if they have to watch their backs. I don’t think trust runs very deep with anybody in any HWs franchises (I wonder why) and they turn to the tabloids to see what other people may be saying/doing. Forewarned is forearmed. Everybody is in this for herself, as Erika can testify.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

I suspect that the reason that Crystal didn't say anything while Erika was still there was because she - along with everyone else - was surprised at Erika's attack.  It may have been self-preservation on Crystal's part (not wanting to become a target herself) but it also may just have been her processing what just happened. That's not that uncommon. 

I know that there is a lot of speculation that Garcelle or Sutton or what have you are cagily sizing up Erika's situation in order to expose her but I don't think that is what is happening here. I think that all of the women are taking Erika at her word as of right now. I don't think that any of them have any real reason to doubt Erika because they don't really know her.

But what IS happening is that they are saying stuff or asking her questions that is inadvertently triggering Erika because there is something shady going on with her. Only they don't realize that they are going to trigger her because they don't realize what is going on.  Now, as the season goes on, I think it is likely they will start figuring out the inconsistencies but given where they are in the season - and what they know, which isn't a lot - I don't think that Sutton, Garcelle or any of them are trying to expose Erika.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 17
49 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I suspect that the reason that Crystal didn't say anything while Erika was still there was because she - along with everyone else - was surprised at Erika's attack.  It may have been self-preservation on Crystal's part (not wanting to become a target herself) but it also may just have been her processing what just happened. That's not that uncommon. 

That's how I saw it, the whole room was so shocked that Erika just snapped and went off that they didn't know how to react. Then when Erika stomped off, Crystal got her bearings again and told Garcelle about the stuff she didn't hear re: Erika not wanting them to say anything to the others. I was floored watching it when Erika attacked, I can't imagine how Garcelle and the others must have felt seeing it live and in person.

I get the impression that this was filmed before Christmas, so were all of the awful details public at this point or were we still learning the extent of everything? I could see these ladies being on Erika's side in the beginning, but I think we're starting to see them questioning it and sussing out details (like the burn victim, plane crash widows and orphans, etc.) and starting to pull back their support. Dorit has said things, Sutton has started to insinuate things, even Kyle is questioning details. But they still seem to be on her side at this point. How many more episodes do we have left?

• Love 5
1 hour ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I know that there is a lot of speculation that Garcelle or Sutton or what have you are cagily sizing up Erika's situation in order to expose her but I don't think that is what is happening here. I think that all of the women are taking Erika at her word as of right now. I don't think that any of them have any real reason to doubt Erika because they don't really know her.

But what IS happening is that they are saying stuff or asking her questions that is inadvertently triggering Erika because there is something shady going on with her. Only they don't realize that they are going to trigger her because they don't realize what is going on.  Now, as the season goes on, I think it is likely they will start figuring out the inconsistencies but given where they are in the season - and what they know, which isn't a lot - I don't think that Sutton, Garcelle or any of them are trying to expose Erika.  

Everybody, to some degree, has felt the Wrath of Erika (directly or indirectly), except Crystal, so I get her reaction. That has to be surprising, and kind of scary. The silence, to some degree, is what Erika wants. It shuts down the discussion.

I think Sutton may have some inkling that something ain’t right but can’t connect the dots, while I think Garcelle just notices discrepancies. And the discrepancies are what’s undoing Erika. I’m looking forward to the dinner that’s teased in the promo where Erika threatens Sutton about “coming to get her” if Sutton keeps calling her a liar. That could be interesting.

I notice Bravo is keeping the BH promos pretty much under wraps  — usually after the shows and during the week they preview what’s immediately coming up. This year it’s been a lot of “later this season…”, or just a bland promo, which is crafty on Bravo’s part because it knows it has an audience to the bitter end, I guess. (Emphasis on “bitter,” because Erika.)

You’re right — we have the “luxury” of dissecting what’s happened — they were filming in real time and trying to make sense of it all.

EDIT: Has the Sutton/Erika scene been cut by Bravo? Someone said that on Rinna’s Twitter. Mentioned legal implications — true or BS? If true, why does Bravo keep teasing it? Just curious, and apologies if this has been brought up here — it’s hard to keep up!

Edited by RoseAllDay
New stuff.
  • Love 4
On 8/8/2021 at 4:38 PM, RoseAllDay said:

She’s a forceful personality — IOW, a bully. People like that can cow others into just blindly following or keeping their mouths shut. Combine a smug, aloof personality with a hair-trigger temper, and people choose not to engage. But as all the lies begin piling up, that probably won’t do much to keep the heat off her. The “running out of the room in tears” act will get old fast. If it were me, I’d say “Well, girl, bye” and get myself another drink.

ETA: Like most bullies, when the heat gets too be too much, she’ll fold.

Erika is not the girlfriend type.  I could never want her for a friend.  She’s scary and all for herself. 

• Love 21
47 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

Erika is not the girlfriend type.  I could never want her for a friend.  She’s scary and all for herself. 

You're right. In all the years she's been on the show, we've never been introduced to a girlfriend of hers. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
On 8/7/2021 at 10:19 AM, 65mickey said:

How did Garcelle stir the pot last year?  

It doesn't matter when Erkia brought it up or to whom she borught it up to. The fact that she said earlier this season that she hadn't heard from Tom since the day that she dropped him off at the firm and then she said he calls her every day is a huge red flag that she is lying. Guess what will happen when Tom's attorneys or the attorneys for those poor individuals that Tom was representing subpoena all of the footage including what was cut and not shown?  Erika most likely thinks that the producers destroyed all evidence of her admitting that she talks to Tom. But we know from last year's RHNYC that there was footage of Dorinda losing her mind that was not shown during the season but it was shown at the reunion. I am convinced that when Erika was in the bathroom sobbing that there was someone from production in there with her and she was pleading for them to edit out certain things she said during that walk back to the car that she most definitely did not want to get out. 

So, in real life, they all have her number, but pretend not to because the show told them to give her sympathy.  They all think she’s guilty and probably can’t stand her, but have to play nice.  What a lousy situation.  Maybe Erika will win the award for best acting on a reality show, or best swindler.  Wonder what her Cop Son thinks.  Real life Drama here.  Plus, we don’t know the real situation between Tom and Erika.  Are they still together and pretending they aren’t?

• Love 3
9 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

You're right. In all the years she's been on the show, we've never been introduced to a girlfriend of hers. 

The closest she has (or had) for a “friend,” I think, is (or was) Mikey. But he’s (or was) just a toadie and is (or was) getting paid for it, to boot. She keeps people at true arm’s length — I think it’s not so much guardedness as it is stuck-upishness.

• Love 6

I read her book from the library ( wouldn’t pay for it) to read how she trapped him.  I’ve forgotten how already, but it probably went something like this.  So, she’s serving him a sandwich in some crappy joint in L.A. after probably reading all about him, then paying the head waiter a twenty to serve him.  She pretended not to know who he was, then Bingo, he fell for her beauty and smarts and sob story while envisioning her naked.  The kid was in N.Y. with the Father.  It was so easy and planned, and she nailed him.  She probably thought him as a f@ther figure, but slept with him as planned.  Then married, and started to sock it away for her future. She didn’t want or need friends, as friends share their lives,and she wanted none of that.  Until now.  But, he made her dreams come true.  A fourth grade actress who couldn’t dance.  

• Useful 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4
On 8/7/2021 at 11:21 AM, Cosmocrush said:

I cannot believe what a selfish bummer she has been.  They had to wait until she left before they could have any fun and even then we only got to hear about that and see a brief flashback.  At every event it's All About Erika All the Time.  🤑

The only exception might be when Sutton decided to top Erika and talk about her father's Christmas season suicide.  Fun!🙄

So everything is about her for the rest of the season.  I really don’t want to see her bum face crying anymore.  Go put on all your jewelry, makeup and designer duds and lock yourself in the closet, which is bigger than my house.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
On 8/8/2021 at 1:56 PM, Cosmocrush said:

Eh .. who knows what’s going on with Rinna, love bunny or whatever hell her name is today, Kyle and the others.  They are worried about their own asses.

• Love 4
On 8/9/2021 at 5:07 PM, RoseAllDay said:

EDIT: Has the Sutton/Erika scene been cut by Bravo? Someone said that on Rinna’s Twitter. Mentioned legal implications — true or BS? If true, why does Bravo keep teasing it? Just curious, and apologies if this has been brought up here — it’s hard to keep up!

In that scene they are at a dinner that they haven't had yet, so there's still hope 😄

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

No one is buying Erika’s bull shit. I’m not a big Garcelle fan.  I just find her to be kind of blah but she didn’t deserve to have Erika jump down her throat for <gasp> The Big Betrayal.  

Tom is in HUGE fucking trouble. The car accident, head injury and Alzheimer’s aren’t going to save him. Erika wants everyone to think she’s squeaky clean and horrified by it all. 

Heartless!! She should take 5 minutes to thin about the people he ripped off to keep her and her alter-ego in designer clothes, a full time traveling staff and private jets. 

• Love 8
On 8/10/2021 at 4:17 AM, RoseAllDay said:

The closest she has (or had) for a “friend,” I think, is (or was) Mikey. But he’s (or was) just a toadie and is (or was) getting paid for it, to boot. She keeps people at true arm’s length — I think it’s not so much guardedness as it is stuck-upishness.

Here’s my take on it FWIW…

A little comment from Erika on this topic from early on in her tenure on the show always stuck with me. She said she became friends with a group of mean, bitchy girls in junior high, and that experience was so awful that it turned her off to friendships with other women.

I can actually slightly relate — I’m a gay guy who hung out with a group of uber bitchy girls at that age. When I was “expelled” from the group, it really put me off on friendships with females for a good long while. BUT I eventually realized that of course not every female is like that (and in fact there are many men, especially gay men, who are. See: Mikey)

I think Erika never grew out of her hatred for other women — and that in fact that hatred has driven her throughout her life. She is (was) the “coolest” girl: the most fashion forward, the most glammed up, the richest, the most glamorous hobby (I consider her Erica Jayne “career” a hobby,) etc. etc., and loves to rub it in other women’s faces. She never grew up from being that hurt girl in junior high and has been exacting her revenge ever since. 

But oops…her Achilles heel was that she never EARNED any of her super cool lifestyle, of course. She developed into a severe narcissist and grifter, and at heart she is just not too bright, and backed herself into a corner where she is, to use her favorite word, FUCKED. 

The chickens are coming home to roost, and they’re collecting on a LIFETIME of a life lived in spite and hatred, and she sincerely deserves every bit of it. 

Who knew when she wore that “C*nt” necklace that caused a stir on the show years ago, how accurate it was!!

Edited by HelloOutThere
  • Useful 3
  • Love 11
27 minutes ago, HelloOutThere said:

Here’s my take on it FWIW…

A little comment from Erika on this topic from early on in her tenure on the show always stuck with me. She said she became friends with a group of mean, bitchy girls in junior high, and that experience was so awful that it turned her off to friendships with other women.

I can actually slightly relate — I’m a gay guy who hung out with a group of uber bitchy girls at that age. When I was “expelled” from the group, it really put me off on friendships with females for a good long while. BUT I eventually realized that of course not every female is like that (and in fact there are many men, especially gay men, who are. See: Mikey)

I think Erika never grew out of her hatred for other women — and that in fact that hatred has driven her throughout her life. She is (was) the “coolest” girl: the most fashion forward, the most glammed up, the richest, the most glamorous hobby (I consider her Erica Jayne “career” a hobby,) etc. etc., and loves to rub it in other women’s faces. She never grew up from being that hurt girl in junior high and has been exacting her revenge ever since. 

But oops…her Achilles heel was that she never EARNED any of her super cool lifestyle, of course. She developed into a severe narcissist and grifter, and at heart she is just not too bright, and backed herself into a corner where she is, to use her favorite word, FUCKED. 

The chickens are coming home to roost, and they’re collecting on a LIFETIME of a life lived in spite and hatred, and she sincerely deserves every bit of it. 

Who knew when she wore that “C*nt” necklace that caused a stir on the show years ago, how accurate it was!!

I think a lot of us relate to Erika a bit and wanted to cut her slack for what she said. I've never been the type to think all girls are drama or mean or whatever. But I was also bullied by girls as a child, and I've experienced jealousy even from female family. It sucks when the people you're closest to and love most are jealous of you. When I was younger, I dealt with a lot of anxiety and depression, and that affected my ability to develop and maintain friendships of any kind. As an adult, it's harder to make new friends. So while I have female friendships, including lifelong ones I consider family, I don't have as many as I wish I did, and I don't like to jump to label women as bad news if they don't have a bunch of girlfriends. IRC, Erika said she did have women friends, just that they were few and far between, and that she never had a group of girls she hung out with. (Sometimes I hang out with friends in groups, but I don't have that super close-knit SATC style situation where we're all together all the time.) I thought maybe she was exaggerating when she said she only hung out with gay men. It's hard to know the truth, because I'm sure many of these ladies have friends who don't want to be on TV. One thing Erika said that rubbed me the wrong way was that a woman had never opened doors for her. I remember Eileen got her a soap gig, and she said Yolanda recommended her for Housewives. If Erika thinks some women might see her as a threat due to her looks, I'll believe that. Once she's made a point that all women are only out for themselves, she sounds pretty damn misogynistic to me. 

What I'm curious about is what have men done for her without wanting anything in return? Tom got a beautiful young woman on his arm. Her glam squad was handsomely paid. Does she have tons of male friends who are just so much better than her female friends? In my experience, there are complications with opposite sex friendships too. Straight men will usually hit on you at some point. 

I do remember seeing a clip somewhere, where Erika brags she has the best everything-best body, best husband, best kid, best this, best that. I think she was probably playing around to a degree. But your theory that her experience made her competitive as revenge makes sense. Most of the women I've known who say they don't do female friendships period are problematic. They like to have all eyes on them. They hate sharing attention. They're often the most moody and difficult. Sometimes they display a lot of behavior that rubs other women the wrong way. I haven't noticed anything that suggests Erika has a problem with fellow hot women, but she does have a scary temper that goes off pretty easily. This cool, laidback chick that is so above other women was a complete act. I really think part of Erika's depression is the fact she seems pretty alone. She felt alone in her marriage. She has no siblings. It sounds like the only family she has are her mother and her son. Not everyone needs to have lots of kids and lots of friends like Kyle, but even introverts need more than that. 

• Love 4
On 8/9/2021 at 4:19 PM, WhatAmIWatching said:

They probably have one of those apps or something that alert them to any news of themselves or their castmates. Is it a google alert? I don't know. I don't blame them, I might do the same if I were them.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Glama said:

Is it a google alert?

Yes. Not to mention as Crystal stated several people sent her the article. I have had friends/family/acquaintances in the news, usually for none nefarious reasons, and have had people who weren’t them send me the article. 

• Useful 2
32 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Yes. Not to mention as Crystal stated several people sent her the article. I have had friends/family/acquaintances in the news, usually for none nefarious reasons, and have had people who weren’t them send me the article. 

Yes, I was going to add that friends and relatives might also be sending in articles but I hadn't had my morning coffee yet, so I felt it was too much typing for so early in the morning 😁 

• LOL 2