Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E11: Ice Queen of the Desert

• Start Topic

18 hours ago, sistermagpie said:

Sure, she was a single mother waitress in 1999 who never went in bank and didn't know how to use a debit card.

Sounds believeable.

The 1st debit card was around mid-70s.  I am incredibly insulted this piece of trash has the nerve to claim she doesn't know about debit cards and banking.  She is only a couple of years younger than I am and she is covered from head to toe in shit.  

The fact that Garcelle didn't tell Erika to stand the fuck down tells me she is a better person than I am.  I wouldn't have given her an audience again to spew some fantastical tale.  No bank card or credit history?  How did she pass the credit check for the rental?  How does she pay?  Venmo charges are a bitch.

• Love 21
1 hour ago, Sharonana said:

Saw this on Twitter. 😳 Wish Rinna would spill all the tea.

61482DF2-6D42-4A4B-A870-00AD0023AF7A.jpeg

Looks like Rinna can't help herself. First time ever I am rooting for her to make someone "Own it". I bet whoever said Erika wanted that big slip cut from the show was spot on. With any luck, they'll show it at the reunion.

• Love 18
18 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

She literally just perjured herself. Those lawyers just loved that. Lol

Nah.  Perjury is lying under oath. 

17 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

IKR? That monotone, deep, cold vocal fry is unsettling to me too. Ice Queen. 

I see that monotone as her dramatic interpretation of how it must be to be sooooo exhausted and beat down, and it really grates on me.

7 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

The 1st debit card was around mid-70s.  I am incredibly insulted this piece of trash has the nerve to claim she doesn't know about debit cards and banking. 

I heard her say that she doesn't know how to use a debit card, and Kathy said she didn't, either.  They might both be lying, but I have a friend who's in his early 70s who has never had a debit card or an ATM card and doesn't know anything about them.  He uses a credit card for lots of stuff, and if he needs cash, he goes to the bank and withdraws it.

He knows about banking, but the only PIN he's ever had is for his answering machine.

• Love 8
Just now, StatisticalOutlier said:

Nah.  Perjury is lying under oath. 

I see that monotone as her dramatic interpretation of how it must be to be sooooo exhausted and beat down, and it really grates on me.

I heard her say that she doesn't know how to use a debit card, and Kathy said she didn't, either.  They might both be lying, but I have a friend who's in his early 70s who has never had a debit card or an ATM card and doesn't know anything about them.  He uses a credit card for lots of stuff, and if he needs cash, he goes to the bank and withdraws it.

He knows about banking, but the only PIN he's ever had is for his answering machine.

I believe Kathy.  She has been married to Hilton forever and not on her own.  There is no way in hell Erika doesn't know this stuff.  She was on her own when 1st in LA.

• Love 18
4 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I have a friend around that age who also can't use a debit card--she's terrible at the simplest technology and still goes to the bank in person! But that's the thing--she's set in her ways, being independent like she was a young adult and just not adapting to changing technology.

Kathy, otoh, has been rich since she was pretty young in, like, the 80s, right? That's what Erika's trying to claim, that she's so rich she's been isolated from this stuff. But with her we're talking about her being a regular working person with a child in the year 2000.

Edited by sistermagpie
  • Love 14
15 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

The 1st debit card was around mid-70s.  I am incredibly insulted this piece of trash has the nerve to claim she doesn't know about debit cards and banking.  She is only a couple of years younger than I am and she is covered from head to toe in shit.  

The fact that Garcelle didn't tell Erika to stand the fuck down tells me she is a better person than I am.  I wouldn't have given her an audience again to spew some fantastical tale.  No bank card or credit history?  How did she pass the credit check for the rental?  How does she pay?  Venmo charges are a bitch.

I think Garcelle is genuinely much nicer than most of the women in this franchise. On BH, I think she's the nicest of all of them all. Garcelle's also said it's really important for her not to be labeled the angry black woman. It's sad she has to worry about it in 2021. She might also be questioning herself since the other women were kind of coddling Erika, and even once Erika left, no one defended her other than Crystal. I felt awful for her. It reminded me of when Erika went off on Eileen. 

Just now, Natalie68 said:

I believe Kathy.  She has been married to Hilton forever and not on her own.  There is no way in hell Erika doesn't know this stuff.  She was on her own when 1st in LA.

Exactly. Kathy's upbringing was not the most normal as we know, and she married Rick when she was 20 years old in 1979. Erika is 50 now and married Tom in 2000. She would have been either 30 or close to it, had been previously married, was a mother and worked different jobs throughout the years. She also had a more humble upbringing than Kathy and said her mom treated her like a little adult and wanted her to be able to handle things. How is she clueless about banking? She's trying to portray herself as a Courtney Stodden situation or something. The math and everything else about her life doesn't add up to what she's saying now. 

• Love 22

I believe Tom cheated and talked to her like she’s an employee for years after the bloom fell from their relationship.  I also think she put up with it because she was getting what she wanted-her ‘career.’   When she saw what was coming for him legally, she kicked into self-preservation and bailed. At first, using this ‘cheating/he’s mean’ stuff to make herself the victim. However, someone must have gotten in her ear and said-support this dementia narrative and we’ll make it worth your while/protect you financially. She agreed, not realizing it would now make her look like a cold, heartless bitch who dumped her husband the minute he needed her the most. And she’s not capable of carrying that weight under scrutiny, regrets it, and is starting to crack.   I don’t know.  So many lies.  But the first time her tears seemed real was last night.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 12

I  am laughing so hard.  Erika keeps saying she knows nothing.  Hahaha.  We are not dimwits.  She never went to the bank.  He gave her CASH.

It is sickening how they are all over her, crying with her and comforting her.  Was Erika this talkative and loving towards them when she was living the high life?

Lisa wearing those stupid hats as she couldn’t have her hair done.  She can’t wash it in the shower?

you know you’re rich when you don’t know where your houses are.

I don’t know how Erika keeps her stories straight.  She got busted when Garcelle asked her where and how the money was given to her.  She doesn’t know how to answer.  She keeps stalling and licking her lips wanting to smash Garcelle face in.  She’s talking in that monotone voice.  Funny.  Bad actress.

• Love 23

I'm with Lil Kathy twice tonight. I wouldn't get all gussied up on a casual girls trip either. Although, I am considering wearing 6 inch heels with a matching sweat suit next time I go to Walmart. And, yes, it is just a phone call...and nothing to get wrecked over...unless you're shady.

Erika Disdain is so shady she's got a vitamin d deficiency. I find it hilarious that she thought herself so important and untouchable that she believed bravo, bravo, bravo would only air her fluffed and folded laundry. Her hamper is full of ugly, crotch stained dresses...and her 1 pair of crusty panties...and I don't blame Sutton for not wanting to be around the stench.

Love Lips spilling the tea...and making it out like the network didn't know. Lol...after she crawled up Erika's butt to console her. She's such a good friend. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 12

Erika was claiming she didn't know how to make a deposit at the bank.  Where did she get the cash that she was depositing?  It must've been left over from all that cash that Tom had lying around that he gave her her spending money from.  lol

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

17 hours ago, janiema said:

I’m thinking that the nearby house may have been owned by the law firm or other corporation. That way it might not be community property needing Erika’s signature to sell. Also, if Tom bought the house before they got married, it would have been his separate property and he could sell it without her participation. 

I love how she referred to it several times as "my house" - I thought you walked out and left everything behind but 2 chairs, clothes, shoes and some naked portraits?

17 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Susan lucci 🤪

Erika Kane could wipe the floor with Erika Jayne - without breaking a sweat 😄

6 hours ago, chlban said:

The fact that fragile, eccentric Sutton seems to be the only one seeing clearly is certainly interesting.

For me the jury is still out on Sutton's "fragility" - all that crying kept the storyline on her until something more interesting came along!

• Love 10
2 hours ago, tvfanatic13 said:

I see this as somewhat anti-Erika. Only me? 

No. *raises hand* Rinna’s the worst. Melting into Erika’s side, hugging and holding hands and then posting this kind of stuff. Snaky behavior and will probably be addressed by Erika on her own IG/Twitter (if she hasn’t already)

• Love 5
40 minutes ago, Pi237 said:

I believe Tom cheated and talked to her like she’s an employee for years after the bloom fell from their relationship.  I also think she put up with it because she was getting what she wanted-her ‘career.’   When she saw what was coming for him legally, she kicked into self-preservation and bailed. At first, using this ‘cheating/he’s mean’ stuff to make herself the victim. However, someone must have gotten in her ear and said-support this dementia narrative and we’ll make it worth your while/protect you financially. She agreed, not realizing it would now make her look like a cold, heartless bitch who dumped her husband the minute he needed her the most. And she’s not capable of carrying that weight under scrutiny, regrets it, and is starting to crack.   I don’t know.  So many lies.  But the first time her tears seemed real was last night.  

She cried and sobbed because she tripped up and is standing in the fire now.  When she lies, she’s forgetting what she said.  I hate when she threatens them.  She reminds me of a gangster.  She’s sooo scary she thinks and they let her get away with it.  Who the hell is she that they should be afraid of her.  Maybe she knows too much about them and they are afraid she will spill the beans about them.  

• Love 10

It always amazes me when someone who admits he or she lied rages when 

a) called a liar

b) not believed. 

It goes like this: I was lying before but I'm telling the truth now.....LOL. Why should anyone believe ANYTHING SHE SAYS?

It seems Erika had a plan to inherit Tom's fortune by outliving him.  It didn't work out that way BUT there is the matter of a big loan that her companies received.  If that money is proven to be money that belongs to victims who were not paid, she will have to give it back and THAT MY FRIENDS IS WHY SHE IS CRYING.  

• Love 19
20 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Girl If he had another family EVERYONE would know. Stop this bullshit Erika 

She’s trying to imply that he was using this money on other woman and not her like he didn’t sink millions of dollars into her “career” ..it wasn’t me getting the money it was the mistresses…lol she’s such a bullshiter 

Yeah, like everyone in Beverly Hills wants him.  He’s such a cutie.  Barf.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
27 minutes ago, chewycandy said:

No. *raises hand* Rinna’s the worst. Melting into Erika’s side, hugging and holding hands and then posting this kind of stuff. Snaky behavior and will probably be addressed by Erika on her own IG/Twitter (if she hasn’t already)

Erika called Vanderpump a sniper from the side. Would Rinna be a snipper at your side?

• LOL 13
  • Love 3
19 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

I mean I have seen some dog looking guys cheat lol. I just think it’s funny she’s framing this 82yo man has not only mentally declined but a horn dog that is carrying on multiple affairs when he’s not bilking his clients out of hundreds of millions of dollars. 

• Love 12

I love Garcelle. I can just hear her bullshit detector going off, and see her mentally filing away every new bombshell Erika decides to drop about her situation. This is what I meant when I said last week about continually embellishing your story — it will come back to bite you. Erika told Garcelle flat out Tom was not cheating. Later, she made the cheating the topic of dinner conversation. I’m just sorry Garcelle wasn’t there to call her out then. 

I especially liked how Garcelle brought up Tom’s phone calls. At first this struck me as sort of rude, but it was her way of signalling to Erika that she was on to the BS. That scene was totally between Garcelle and Erika — the rest are still too gullible sympathetic and take at face value whatever she says. No wonder Erika went off — “victim” Erika has been put on notice that her sob stories won’t work on at least one member of the group. Erika does not like meeting her match. And, of course, Erika makes the grand exit stage right after, complete with hiccuping sobs. Was her mascara running too? Spare me. This stopped feeling genuine a long time ago.

Sutton appears to be next to give a side-eye to the Ice Queen’s stories, which explains Erika’s outburst at her shown in the previews. Lisa will probably be close behind (I’m amazed she’s not all over this already), followed last by Kyle and Dorit. With each week I dislike Erika more, but that’s how I feel about smooth, calculating bullshitters anyway. I find it a relief when she’s not around sucking the air out of rooms as well as La Quinta.

Random items I found amusing: Kathy’s general goofiness and big bags o’tacos. She seems fun to be around. Sutton’s expression when seeing Crystal’s pants. The hangovers and the morning-after mess in the kitchen.

• Love 16
31 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

You don’t chase (or marry) a man like Tom Girardi out of love or attraction. I’m certain Erika didn’t. She’s angry that the money and glam lifestyle are coming to an end. So Tom is taking the brunt.

• Love 10

Everyone has added such great discussions about Erika.  Thanks for the wonderful insight.  This scandal is the best part of watching RH's.  I stopped watching RHNY because it sucks this season.

Two things that have not been discussed about the episode:

1)  Harry has acrylic nails?  And those were his ACTUAL nails?

2) I'm close to Kyle's age and there ain't NO WAY the house would be 76 degrees at night!  64 for this girl or even colder!

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
On 8/4/2021 at 1:44 AM, Marley said:

Oh Erika is digging deep with her acting lessons tonight. Cry me a river you fake embezzling bitch. This is all such a scam to get sympathy.

Sutton can be crazy but at least she’s actually questioning all this bullshit.

Erika needs to start getting called out this is getting ridiculous.

I know a lot of people feel like Erika is guilty of something, but can you tell me why you are so convinced? 

4 hours ago, tvfanatic13 said:

I see this as somewhat anti-Erika. Only me? 

Erica retweeted it so I don't think so.  They seem to be implying the original comment was made off camera and picked up on hot mic and edited to make it seem that happened as they were walking to the car.  But it was only between her and Crystal so Erica got into a fight with production because she believes they played Garcelle into bringing it up when the cameras were on them.  

Erika retweeted a link to a Peoples article about this.

• Useful 3
5 minutes ago, Raiderred said:

Everyone has added such great discussions about Erika.  Thanks for the wonderful insight.  This scandal is the best part of watching RH's.  I stopped watching RHNY because it sucks this season.

Two things that have not been discussed about the episode:

1)  Harry has acrylic nails?  And those were his ACTUAL nails?

2) I'm close to Kyle's age and there ain't NO WAY the house would be 76 degrees at night!  64 for this girl or even colder!

Haha, I just saw that! The first thing I thought when the preview mentioned Harry's nails was "Omg but he gardens so much, those are going to chip and break!"

I'm close to Kyle's age, too, and in winter I can manage 66 to 68, depending on how cold it is outside. 76 would feel like suffocation and sweat

• Love 5
27 minutes ago, Castina said:

Erica retweeted it so I don't think so.  They seem to be implying the original comment was made off camera and picked up on hot mic and edited to make it seem that happened as they were walking to the car.  But it was only between her and Crystal so Erica got into a fight with production because she believes they played Garcelle into bringing it up when the cameras were on them.  

Interesting! My initial thought was she’d not like that but Rinna blows up too when she feels threatened (Amsterdam) so Erika probably feels she’s a kindred spirit…lol

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, OFDgal said:

Erika was claiming she didn't know how to make a deposit at the bank.  Where did she get the cash that she was depositing?  It must've been left over from all that cash that Tom had lying around that he gave her her spending money from.  lol

I actually yelled at my TV when she said that. 😅 

• LOL 4
10 minutes ago, chewycandy said:

Interesting! My initial thought was she’d not like that but Rinna blows up too when she feels threatened (Amsterdam) so Erika probably feels she’s a kindred spirit…lol

I just rewatched the hiking scene and what the "source" is saying in the People article doesn't wash with me.  

"However, a source tells PEOPLE that Erika's conversation about her estranged husband Tom Girardi occurred off-camera with Crystal Minkoff. She became upset when the topic was later brought up while filming.

"It was a private conversation that was picked up by production on the mics and then Garcelle, who was not present for the conversation, proceeded to ask Erika about it," says the source. "So of course Erika was upset. The editing was unfair and inaccurate."

Crystal even says, in her defense of Garcelle, that Garcelle had already entered the car so didn't hear the part where Erika said she doesn't want it discussed/brought up again. That seems to imply to me that it was said on the walk back to the car from the hike just as we saw on this episode.  

Seems to me they are trying to manipulate the viewers into thinking we didn't really see and hear what we think we did because what she said does not work for the story she is trying to sell.   

I think they thought this would be an easy split under the radar during a highly contentious election and they could move the assets around in preparation of what could no longer be put off.  Everything that is said and is happening only makes sense if the beginning strategy was a sham divorce to hide assets. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 12
12 minutes ago, Castina said:

"It was a private conversation that was picked up by production on the mics and then Garcelle, who was not present for the conversation, proceeded to ask Erika about it," says the source. "So of course Erika was upset. The editing was unfair and inaccurate."

I don't get how, if this is accurate, the editing is inaccurate? It seems like in this version it was perfectly accurate, but Erika wanted to cover it up...?

• Love 10
34 minutes ago, Castina said:

Crystal even says, in her defense of Garcelle, that Garcelle had already entered the car so didn't hear the part where Erika said she doesn't want it discussed/brought up again. That seems to imply to me that it was said on the walk back to the car from the hike just as we saw on this episode.  

Also, doesn't Erika say something to Garcelle like "You got it out of me once. You're not getting it out of me again." I deleted the episode already so can't play it back. I guess Erika can say she was talking to production, but it didn't seem that way when watching.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Castina said:

Why would Erika support that? She made the statement, it doesn’t make her look any better because she wanted BRAVO to cut it. Erika us a damn liar and that clip is just further proof. 

• Love 6
20 minutes ago, 90sfan said:

Also, doesn't Erika say something to Garcelle like "You got it out of me once. You're not getting it out of me again." I deleted the episode already so can't play it back. I guess Erika can say she was talking to production, but it didn't seem that way when watching.

They were sitting in the living room at kyles house and Erika was doing her lip gloss and they spoke of it again before I think it was Rinna that walked in 

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, 90sfan said:

Why does it matter who she said it to? She said it.

Edited by chlban
  • Love 11
36 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Team Erika trying to gaslight the viewers. Nice. 🙄

Everyone altogether now...

"Ga-a-as-lighting, ga-a-as-lighting. Let's have some ga-a-as-lighting."

image.png.be00b16631e2a6e7d8c1a59b4e45e1d8.png

Edited by dmeets
  • LOL 9
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, sistermagpie said:

Oh, and I did think it was funny when Crystal being a descendent of Confucius came up and somebody--can't remember who--thought it was a racist joke. That was funny. 

I thought it was a racist joke too! Nothing surprises me with these ladies. Glad to be wrong tho- I'm liking Kyle this season. She and Kathy can be fun.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Castina said:

I just rewatched the hiking scene and what the "source" is saying in the People article doesn't wash with me.  

"However, a source tells PEOPLE that Erika's conversation about her estranged husband Tom Girardi occurred off-camera with Crystal Minkoff. She became upset when the topic was later brought up while filming.

Seems to me they are trying to manipulate the viewers into thinking we didn't really see and hear what we think we did because what she said does not work for the story she is trying to sell.   

I think they thought this would be an easy split under the radar during a highly contentious election and they could move the assets around in preparation of what could no longer be put off.  Everything that is said and is happening only makes sense if the beginning strategy was a sham divorce to hide assets. 

Total BS. We all saw her say it and saw Garcelle react to it. Again, she said it. That is all that matters. Sutton, amazingly, summed it up when she said (paraphrasing) wait a minute, why did Erika get so upset? Obviously, the answer is she got caught in yet another lie. He either hadn't contacted her once, or he calls her daily. We have both on film.

• Love 18
40 minutes ago, chlban said:

Why does it matter who she said it to? She said it.

I agree. She said it. I was responding to the comments on the article that they were trying to spin it that Erika was not mic'ed and said it only to Crystal. If that was true, then why would Erika then make the comment to Garcelle about getting it out of her again.

I don't believe that it was a hot mic either. They were being filmed and Erika let her guard down a little and then realized she messed up her story. She was mad at production, at Garcelle and likely at herself.

• Love 18
48 minutes ago, chlban said:

Total BS. We all saw her say it and saw Garcelle react to it. Again, she said it. That is all that matters. Sutton, amazingly, summed it up when she said (paraphrasing) wait a minute, why did Erika get so upset? Obviously, the answer is she got caught in yet another lie. He either hadn't contacted her once, or he calls her daily. We have both on film.

And this is why you choose any option other than go on national tv when you have something (anything) to hide. When will these people learn to get some sort of online certification and learn a skill instead of trying to snow millions of viewers, lawyers, judges and the IRS?! 

Edited by red12
  • LOL 4
  • Love 11

Garcelle, Erika and Crystal go for a hike with their bags?

Erika tells Crystal and Garcelle about Tom's phone calls, Erika should be mad at herself because that sort of info should never have been put out there on camera or otherwise, it contradicts her earlier statements about having contact with Tom, her lawyers must be just shaking their heads and wondering if she will perjure herself on the witness stand.

The real crime was the wig and beanie Garcelle was wearing for that outing, she looked like Meg Griffin from Family Guy.

Edited by Baltimore Betty
there, their...my pet peeve and I did it to myself, ugh.
  • LOL 22
  • Love 1
On 8/4/2021 at 8:58 PM, Julyolo said:

As usual, when Erica's facade falls off, she is one nasty piece of work.

I didn’t know she was this stupid to cry and blab everythingshe won’t even remember.  I also don’t remember her being so chummy with all the girls and talking anything about her marriage.  Was she constantly going to lunch and gathering with the girls this much when married to Tom.  It’s so obvious that she filed for divorce exactly when he got in trouble.  What other family?  She said they had take out every night all during Covid.  Liar, liar .. pants on fire.

• Love 9

Their backs were turned to the camera when Erika said Tom calls me every day. Both Garcelle and Crystal said almost in unison "he does?" So that tells me that she said it to both of them not just Crystal. But Crystal said she only only her not to repeat it. 

If anything Erika got production to edit this in her favor because I believe there was more to the Tom conversation than we heard and Erika got them to edit it out so she could say I have not talked to Tom. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 3

It doesn't matter whether she is lying under oath. She is still giving the lawyers a field day when she was deposed. They will have compiled all of her conflicting statements and they are on tape. They will be able to subpoena ALL of the footage including footage that wasn't aired.

ETA to clarify - what I mean about not mattering whether she lied under oath is that all of her lies and inconsistencies whether under penalty of perjury or not can be used when she is deposed or in a trail. She would be sworn in at a deposition. She could plead the Fifth but that would be just as damning in terms of putting on record all of her inconsistent statements.

They will then force her to either tell the truth or lie. Many of her lies are very easily exposed. For example, all of her testimony about Tom's accident and the injuries. There will be medical evidence of what injuries were sustained as well as testimony from anyone who interacted with Tom who will testify regarding his lack of injuries. 

She is not going to be able to lie about whether she has talked to Tom either - there would be records of phone calls unless they were both using burners. 

I think Erika's real exposure is the civil liability since she is effectively the deep pockets - there is the Pasadena crypt but not much will be left after the liens on it are paid off. 

I think Erika got VERY uncomfortable when Sutton was discussing forensic accounting. I don't think she really thought deeply about how all of her finances will be pored over.

Standard of proof for civil litigation is preponderance of evidence and I can't imagine what kind of argument she would be making that any of the possessions she acquired prior to the separation aren't part of the marital estate. Once that is determined they would get a judgment against her which would follow her until repaid - in excess of $25,000,000 once all the creditors are added up. 

Edited by amarante
  • Useful 8
  • Love 5