Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E11: Ice Queen of the Desert

• Start Topic

My mom must have been a different type of Alzheimer’s patient, because she never got angry.  Just forgetful, confused, and repetitive, yes. But always a smile and welcoming.  I do think my dad helped keep her somewhat centered.  And that was her nature.  When he passed, some of that “centering” was lost.

It seems to me that much of Tom’s misdeeds happened long before the accident that may  have impacted his brain and behavior, so I’m not excusing him.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
5 minutes ago, Thumper said:

That was confusing to me.  Was he leaving her messages?  And she thought to herself, “baby, you’ve got to stop?”  Or was she actually taking the calls?

Rewatching it it sounds more like he was leaving messages…. I love you I miss you come home, are you sure?(sure about what? This is what makes me think she actually talks to him) then she says you have to stop honey you need help ( which again makes it sound like she talked to him) 

but all of that contradicts her he’s cold to her he cut her off completely he wasn’t reaching out to her cause he’s a hard man shit she’s been feeding the girls not even the night before 

• Useful 1
  • Love 22
14 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

oooh, i must've missed that part

10 minutes ago, Thumper said:

That was confusing to me.  Was he leaving her messages?  And she thought to herself, “baby, you’ve got to stop?”  Or was she actually taking the calls?

Yeah, it sounds like she says, "Obviously I have not talked to him and I can not talk to him even though he calls me every day. That's another hard part of it.  I had to ask my attorney to ask his attorney to say please stop calling Erika. You know, it's just horrible: "I love you!" "I miss you!" "Come home!" "Are you sure?" I'm like, "Stop! You gotta stop! You have to stop, honey, you need help." 

But they splice that in with her TH saying "I can't talk to him. I have to be able to say I haven't talked to him since I left, which is the truth!"

But the way she says it sure makes it sound like she's talking *to* him. Like when says says, "Stop honey" especially. Plus his "Are you sure?" sounds like a response to her, not a message. 

I mean, maybe those calls aren't real either, but they sure make it sound like they're talking to each other in this imaginary scenario! And doesn't quite fit with the "I haven't heard anything from him/he hasn't given me any money" story. It's like everything she says is always followed by some other weird thing that shocks everyone because it's a contradiction or just bizarre.

Edited by sistermagpie
  • Love 18
3 minutes ago, Thumper said:

My mom must have been a different type of Alzheimer’s patient, because she never got angry.  Just forgetful, confused, and repetitive, yes. But always a smile and welcoming.  I do think my dad helped keep her somewhat centered.  And that was her nature.  When he passed, some of that “centering” was lost.

It seems to me that much of Tom’s misdeeds happened long before the accident that may  have impacted his brain and behavior, so I’m not excusing him.

Im pretty sure, I wont say 100% but angry outbursts are common from what I've heard in regards to Alzheimer's in the past. Of course I feel like everyone would be different to a degree.

2 minutes ago, sistermagpie said:

Yeah, it sounds like she says, "Obviously I have not talked to him and I can not talk to him even though he calls me every day. That's another hard part of it.  I had to ask my attorney to ask his attorney to say please stop calling Erika. You know, it's just horrible: "I love you!" "I miss you!" "Come home!" "Are you sure?" I'm like, "Stop! You gotta stop! You have to stop, honey, you need help." 

But they splice that in with her TH saying "I can't talk to him. I have to be able to say I haven't talked to him since I left, which is the truth!"

But the way she says it sure makes it sound like she's talking *to* him. Like when says says, "Stop honey" especially. Plus his "Are you sure?" sounds like a response to her, not a message. 

I mean, maybe those calls aren't real either, but they sure make it sound like they're talking to each other in this imaginary scenario! And doesn't quite fit with the "I haven't heard anything from him/he hasn't given me any money" story. It's like everything she says is always followed by some other weird thing.

Yeah I just rewatched that scene and I could see it taken either way. It doesnt automatically register to me that she is talking about speaking to him directly and more just her personal thoughts. But I could see others thinking that she spoke to him directly.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
30 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

Oh Erika Jayne you messed up big time by revealing on TV that Tom with his dementia riddled brain calls you every day and you speak with him. Didn't she say last week that she hasn't spoken to him since she left him? Her outburst at Garcelle was because she stepped in it big time and she realized what she had done. I felt bad for Garcelle. She didn't deserve this nasty treatment. And none of the women went to bat for her other than Crystal. 

Me too. I get that they have more history with Erika, but Garcelle did not deserve that. 

1 hour ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Omg Sutton. Yesssssssss make me love you with that simple statement 

Ha, right! I don't blame you at all Sutton. I wouldn't want to be around Erika either. Erika says she's open and honest and shares all this stuff, but then she suddenly snaps. How the hell are they supposed to know what they can and can't ask? If this is her storyline this season, that's on her, not Garcelle.

1 hour ago, charming said:

Erika's so insolated that a few questions from Garcelle pushed her over the edge. Her stories don't add up and lashing out at Garcelle isn't going to change anything. And still not a single mention of the VICTIMS by anyone. 

Dorit knew a little too much about off shore companies. I can't wait for her financial house of cards to come crumbling down too.

Sutton, baby, you could be on the road to redemption next week. Don't let me down.

Seriously. 

Yeah, I wonder if they're all taking it easy on Erika due to their own skeletons.

Hahahaha, for real! 

MVPs of the episode for me were Garcelle, Crystal, and Sutton based on that preview line.

Erika sucks, and the rest kinda disappointed me. 

• Love 17

I just can’t with Erika knowing what we know now.  Oh, we have a house somewhere nearby, I’ve never even been there. Absolute obscene wealth. 🤮🤮

It honestly makes me sick to my stomach watching her pandering for sympathy. I’m surprised they kept her on this housewives franchise… maybe for ratings? I wonder how Tom’s victims feel if they watch… hopefully they don’t.

• Love 17
10 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

I just can’t with Erika knowing what we know now.  Oh, we have a house somewhere nearby, I’ve never even been there. Absolute obscene wealth. 🤮🤮

It honestly makes me sick to my stomach watching her pandering for sympathy. I’m surprised they kept her on this housewives franchise… maybe for ratings? I wonder how Tom’s victims feel if they watch… hopefully they don’t.

I’m thinking that the nearby house may have been owned by the law firm or other corporation. That way it might not be community property needing Erika’s signature to sell. Also, if Tom bought the house before they got married, it would have been his separate property and he could sell it without her participation. If it were owned individually, however, a title company may still have requested that she sign something attesting to that. Title companies in California are pretty careful given the large dollar amounts involved. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, janiema said:

I’m thinking that the nearby house may have been owned by the law firm or other corporation. That way it might not be community property needing Erika’s signature to sell. Also, if Tom bought the house before they got married, it would have been his separate property and he could sell it without her participation. If it were owned individually, however, a title company may still have requested that she sign something attesting to that. Title companies in California are pretty careful given the large dollar amounts involved. 

But wasn’t her name on it? They were looking it up by her name 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Useful 1
19 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Me too. I get that they have more history with Erika, but Garcelle did not deserve that. 

I don't know if it's the history with Erika but more the fact that most of them are tip toeing around her at the moment because of the drama and weren't sure how to handle the situation. Even Kathy took a break from her fake kooky act for a second. We'll see how long it lasts, especially as shit keeps getting more and more real and as we see, Sutton boldly starts calling it out. 

• Love 8
30 minutes ago, Thumper said:

When my father was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s we were told he would either become fairly mellow or aggressively angry.  Fortunately we got mellow.  

• Love 10

Yeah she said her name was on it as well but for once a flashback went in her favor lol

1 minute ago, truthaboutluv said:

I don't know if it's the history with Erika but more the fact that most of them are tip toeing around her at the moment because of the drama and weren't sure how to handle the situation. Even Kathy took a break from her fake kooky act for a second. We'll see how long it lasts, especially as shit keeps getting more and more real and as we see, Sutton boldly starts calling it out. 

Can you imagine if this season had not onyl Sutton & Garcelle but also Camille and Brandi? Those two would be questioning so many things, Brandi would be pulling a MKE and paying  9.99 for an internet background check.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, RealHousewife said:

That's definitely part of it too. I think they don't want to deal with her wrath either. I'm ready for Sutton!!! Wouldn't it be amazing if after all her breakdowns and crying, she's the only one with the balls to call Erika out? 

I'd totally buy it if she was awkward and weepy when she felt like she was being misunderstood or left out but could be a calm, cool avenger when confronting bullshit. She seemed like she was pretty steady taking on her husband as well when she was talking about how to go into a money divorce.

• Love 13
7 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

But wasn’t her name on it? They were looking it up by her name 

I don’t know whether it was her name or they looked it up under “Girardi”.  If her name were on it the title company and the notary who notarized her signature may have big problems if she really didn’t sign. Wonder if the papers were notarized in Tom’s office. The plot thickens.

• Useful 1
9 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Yeah she said her name was on it as well but for once a flashback went in her favor lol

Can you imagine if this season had not onyl Sutton & Garcelle but also Camille and Brandi? Those two would be questioning so many things, Brandi would be pulling a MKE and paying  9.99 for an internet background check.

Camille has been calling bullshit online…. I sooo wish she was back this season 

• Love 15
1 minute ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Camille has been calling bullshit online…. I sooo wish she was back this season 

Thanks! I shall check her Twitter. Camille annoyed me the last season she was on, but I also wish she was back. 

LFyE.gif

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2

The cliffhanger is Erika in the bathroom, sobbing uncontrollably because Garcelle merely asked a question about a prior conversation in front of the others, intercut with Garcelle in tears over not meaning to hurt Erika?  First, stick to your first, probably gut response, Garcelle - the look on your face that said wtf is wrong with you Erika.  Second, Erika dear, your performance is akin to being given a map of where you are, and still not being able to figure out where you are. 

I'd say there's no hope for Erika's comeuppance in light of Garcelle's tearful retreat from whatever that offense was to Erika, but there was this look on Erika's face when Sutton was attempting to pump her up about forensic accountants finding money no matter where, a look that made me think Erika was thinking, 'oh dear God, I'm doomed if there are people who can do that.'  

Crystal still doesn't fit with this group, and Sutton would do better if she were featured less, like last year.  All these women are frustrating to watch, but Sutton has zero stage presence.  She may as well be replaced from time to time with a voice over announcing the role of Sutton on tonight's episode will be played by (fill in name of actress).  

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
9 minutes ago, BusyOctober said:

I was never a fan of Erika’s.  From the jump, I thought she was a manipulative narcissistic cold bitch.  The only time I felt an ounce of sympathy was during “Pantygate”, and that’s because I thought PK a and Dorit were two of the most pretentious, lying climbers on the planet.  I’m glad tonight they replayed all the times Erika went for someone’s jugular over some small perceived slight Erika imagined.

I hope Bravo and the RHOBH a production company get subpoenas to turn over every tape of aired and unaired footage of every Erika/Tom discussion.  I hope Erika’s slimy Yes man Mikey and the rest of her sycophant glam squad get called to give depositions. Questions 1-5would be who, what, when, where, how were you paid for your services?  My guess is there had to be checks from one of Tom/Erika companies.

Erika flew too close to the sun by participating on the show during all the BS happening at “The Firm”.  Tom and Erika knew prior to filming that a shit storm was coming, but Erika was blinded by her own inflated sense of self importance. And her delusions of being a grande dame of the stage after 2 performances in Chicago probably convinced her she could pull off the greatest acting role playing the long suffering, victimized, innocent ingenue.  Her hubris as well as her complicity in the financial crimes are Erika’s downfall. And I am here for Every. Single. Minute.

Sutton may be an odd duck, but her Spidey Sense is a-tinglin’ about Erika and all her bullshit. It seemed to me Erika was gulping hard when Sutton was discussing how important, and how necessary a financial forensic team is in a wealthy divorce case.  Erika looked like a rabbit caught in a trap. 

Best post!

• Love 13
3 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Girl what did you do before you married him. You had a bank account… I literally can’t with Erikas bullshit. Lol

That's what I thought.  I mean she was 28, had a job and kid.  Never been in a bank?  Puleez. 

• Love 17
14 minutes ago, LizDC said:

I was just coming here to say this.  Conversations/moments aren’t private if they occur in front of a television crew that’s filming you.  

Seriously. How on earth would Garcelle know she’d set Erika off? 

4 minutes ago, Cosmocrush said:

That's what I thought.  I mean she was 28, had a job and kid.  Never been in a bank?  Puleez. 

Yes, just because she is young enough to be Tom’s kid doesn’t mean she was a kid when she met him. She was approaching 30 years old. 

• Love 15
3 hours ago, chick binewski said:

Don't you just curl up in embarrassment if you're 50 years old and trying to utilize freaking vocal fry?? 

SHE SAID IT ON CAMERA. ALSO, WHO IS BUYING THIS CRAP??? 

I don't know what vocal fry is but if it's when she was sobbing and talking in the bathroom I was kind of amazed she is that shitty of an actress.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, renatae said:

Unfortunately, she was all over WWHL acting as though she bought it all hook, line, and sinker.

Yeah, even though Crystal has been quiet, I have not felt she was disbelieving of Ericka.  She seemed sympathetic regarding the dementia/ Alzheimer’s stuff.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Andi27 said:

Erika, you shared a 'private moment' with two woman while on mic on the television show you are all on.

She shared her story on TV. That is completely different than your "friend" literally announcing "so on behalf of Erika I'm going to tell you what she shared with me". I'd be pissed too. All of the other women could read the room and knew not to even ask questions unless Erika brought it up. But Garcelle seems to fancy herself way more important than she is and has some right to butt in where she doesn't belong. "So Sutton, tell me where you get your money from". "So everyone, let me tell you all about a story Erika told me about her husband and their legal troubles". But boohoo, I can't trust Rinna because I don't know if she'll be nice to me if we have a disagreement. 

STFU Garcelle.

• Love 4

I am wondering if Erika asked a producer to cut out the part where she said Tom calls her, and ask the girls not to mention it again.   She may have remembered after saying that on camera that somehow this was not something she should be disclosing. 

Crystal may have overheard this request, but Garcelle did not.  But production did not tell either Crystal or Garcelle not to bring it up again.

So when Garcelle did bring it up again, Erika knew she was screwed, because production did not have her back.  Hence the reaction.

(I admit, I see production conspiracies everywhere...)

• Useful 15
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Which changed from she hasn’t heard from him at all just an episode ago. Lol 

Well in one scene they were celebrating an election and in the next they were decorating a xmas tree...so, it's possible the calls started after she made the first statement.

• Useful 3

Oh, dear!  Erika's well crafted, if not perfectly executed, performance of the last few weeks has just been blown to smithereens by her own nastiness (once again!). She is showing her true colors by attacking Garcelle and accusing her of intentionally betraying her friendship.  Not having the big bucks, huge mansion, Lamborghini, servants and glam squad must be getting on her last nerve!

• Love 20
5 hours ago, Andi27 said:

Ah, so Erika has had some time to think about it and refine her story - brain trauma resulting in decline!

But it all comes down to her asking for sympathy for leaving a sick man who needs care (as opposed to leaving because of the lawsuits).

Right….. old Tom hit his head and wham it all went down from there so I left him.  But he calls me constantly…..I mean every day.  
I can see her running to Tom for approval on that made up storyline.

• Like 1
  • Love 4