Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E02: Two Truths and a Lie

Message added by TexasGal,

As a reminder, real time events are spoilers and belong in the media or individual housewife threads.  Some posts have been hidden for including information beyond episode time.

• Start Topic

Lisa Rinna takes the girls on fun getaway to Lake Tahoe; Kyle and Garcelle attempt to heal the emotional wounds they inflicted on each other; Dorit suggests a revealing game of Two Truths and a Lie, Erika's answers leave her clouded in mystery.

Airdate: 05/26/2021

Please limit your discussion to events that occur in this episode.  Real time events are spoilers and belong in the media or individual housewife threads.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

This is a reasonable conversation between Kyle and Garcelle (so far). How refreshing. 

ETA: Good for both of them for being mature adults. 

It really was, and conversations regarding race can go south pretty easily, especially on Housewife shows. 

• Love 12
(edited)
30 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

Showing all of Erika’s designer clothes, jewelry, and other wealth has to really be pissing off the people her and husband ripped off. 

It pisses me off and I’m not even one of those people.

I didn’t think I would like Kathy Hilton but, so far so good.  She must have some nice properties, hope we get to see one of those.  I can’t believe she is 62!  She’s had some good work done.

I can’t stand it when these people can’t carry their bags. I’m sure they all workout or whatever, carry your friggin bags up!

Kyle looks bowlegged.

Edited by Emmeline
  • Love 16
(edited)

Kyle’s talking heads are too much boobage for me.  I prefer her casual look at the place in Tahoe while cooking.  

Dorit is still wearing the pajama fashion???  Wasn’t that done a few years ago?

Edited by Thumper
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
(edited)

Oh SCREW Sutton if that's the kind of person she's going to be.  Ugh!  She wouldn't even let Crystal speak!

I liked Rinna's outfit in Tahoe.  That 90s black leather dress over the turtleneck. (Ducks tomatoes).

I would so be Garcelle in the small plane.  How long would the drive be?  I hate cars too, but small planes are way scarier.  Is there a big fat commercial plane they could have taken?  That would be my #1 preference.

That house was amazing and I liked Garcelle's colourful coat.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Emmeline said:

I didn’t think I would like Kathy Hilton but, so far so good.  She must have some nice properties, hope we get to see one of those.  I can’t believe she is 62!  She’s had some good work done.

Agreed that she has had work done and doesn’t look bad for her age. My tipping point is that she looks so much like Sonja from RHONYC. Enough so that I found myself wandering from the show plot to thinking about her appearance and the similarities between the two. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Speaking of conversations about race going south quickly, that happened between Crystal and Sutton.  Crystal was just reinforcing what Garcelle said to Kyle, I don't know what Sutton's problem was.

I’m not sure, because I only 1/2 watch and listen, but I think Sutton was trying to be relatable by saying “people make assumptions about me because I’m from the south, too,” but in this context (skin color in the U.S.), it was a poor comparison.  We white folks are learning.

• Love 10

When Crystal tried to relate to Garcelle, Sutton wouldn't even let her speak.  She just kept interrupting and then finally started saying "We're not going to do that (Talk about stereotypes)."  So Crystal said "Why not?"  It was an incredibly fucking weird reaction.

• Love 20

Really liking Crystal so far.  Love her home, kids, Lucy(!) and her whole vibe.

And Kathy Hilton is a riot, so far.

Add me to those who felt the Garcelle/Kyle conversation went surprisingly well how quickly it could have gone south.

• Love 16
3 hours ago, Emmeline said:

I didn't think this would be an unpopular opinion but apparently it is - I think she's a big dud!  And now that I've noticed her looking like Caitlin Jenner I can't unsee it and it bugs me.

• LOL 12
  • Love 11
21 minutes ago, filmfan2480 said:

Really liking Crystal so far.  Love her home, kids, Lucy(!) and her whole vibe.

Did Lucy say something like "How many feet do you have?" when opening up Crystal's shoe purchases?  😁

• LOL 19
  • Love 5

Sutton was so weird and stupid at the end of this episode. I was just starting to like her too.

Im sure Crystals husband is more successful then I will be in 100 lives lol but she rattled off some old movies. What does he do now?

Shut up Erika. Your whole schtick is over bitch.

Rinna blah. I feel like I’ve seen less Rinna so far and I like it.

I like Kathy and Kyles interactions so far and I don’t mind Kathy but she looks weirdly yellow sometimes. She also makes me think of that movie white chicks lol.

Kyle looked pretty good at the cabin.

Please ladies shut up about carrying your own bags it’s not that hard.

The house they are at is beautiful and from the preview looks like they going to have some fun activities planned.

Im never sure if I like Garcelle or not. Sometimes I do and sometimes I don’t.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, princelina said:

And now that I've noticed her looking like Caitlin Jenner I can't unsee it and it bugs me.

I was getting that too and she has a similar speech pattern/affect as Caitlin which was also similar to Carrie Fisher.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, princelina said:

I didn't think this would be an unpopular opinion but apparently it is - I think she's a big dud!  And now that I've noticed her looking like Caitlin Jenner I can't unsee it and it bugs me.

I thought she looks like if Gary Busey and Caitlin Jenner had a baby.  Those teeth!!

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Oh SCREW Sutton if that's the kind of person she's going to be.  Ugh!  She wouldn't even let Crystal speak!

I liked Rinna's outfit in Tahoe.  That 90s black leather dress over the turtleneck. (Ducks tomatoes).

I would so be Garcelle in the small plane.  How long would the drive be?  I hate cars too, but small planes are way scarier.  Is there a big fat commercial plane they could have taken?  That would be my #1 preference.

That house was amazing and I liked Garcelle's colourful coat.

It's roughly 445 miles from LA to Lake Tahoe, which is allegedly an 7.5-8 hour long journey by car, not including any two lane roads or other common road issues (construction, accidents, overturned semi truck) when traveling via car through the state of CA, even in the middle of nowhere.

There are several major airlines that fly nonstop from LAX to the Tahoe area, but how can we be jealous of the private air travel unless we see them in a small plane? (haha)

I would've much rather hopped on a commercial flight myself. I live just north of San Diego and I'd gladly pay $200 for an hour long flight to Vegas instead of a long ass road trip, but I'm with you on small planes.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
(edited)

Hope Sutton made good use of that flask after the election!

Oh and of course Door-it would have to try to compare Tahoe to some quaint Swiss village or resort in order to justify gracing it with her presence.

Edited by dmeets
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2
(edited)

I would've much rather hopped on a commercial flight myself.

The main advantage is the time you save since when flying private, even if in a small plane. No need to get there to the airport hours before departure.

Plus flying commercial would have meant adding another 1+ hour drive from the airport to where they were staying at in Lake Tahoe. Flying private (assuming they flew into Lake Tahoe airport as opposed to Ren-Tahoe Airport) would only be a 20 min drive, maximum.

Edited by Hiyo
  • Useful 3
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, BusyOctober said:

I only watch RHOBH and RHONY, so not sure about the other franchises, but I find it so ironic and irritating that these privileged, pampered, plastic women are forever and always squawking about “honesty” and being “real”.  From their heads to their toes, there is very little of them that is real or honest.  Phony hair, faux lips, fake boobs, false lashes...their whole world is a lavish fantasy, but they are demanding their for TV only BFF’s be HONEST with each other?

WTF was Erika’s 2 truths and a lie bullshit??  Does she think she’s adding to her  “mystique” by not answering?  Don’t play if you’re going to be a twat waffle.

Still love Garcelle, and I like Sutton.  Crystal is interesting, but she seems like she’s too cool for school. Love her cute kids and Lucy.  I need a Lucy in my life! Not to do work around my house, but to throw shade with me.

I want for Kyle never to utter the words “open” and “honest” again even more than I want her to stop wearing hats. I can’t believe the self-appointed ethnographer of BH hasn’t given us a tagline like “In this town, women wear many hats... (wink or hat tip)”

Loved the editors using Erika’s song “XXpen$ive” as they again cut to shots of all of her expensive designer items. Oh Erika, we know nothing in your life “comes for free”- it’s paid for by the widows and orphans your husband stole from. 

• Love 13

So who burned the salmon, Kyle or the woman she told, “Twenty minutes”?

Kyle brought luggage for her hats.

Kyle claimed to have gained ten pounds.

Kathy looks exactly like Paris. Did the dad contribute no DNA?

Sutton is sweet and generous to bring gifts. Mouthwash is actually a great idea.

Erika has sooooo many images of herself everywhere in that building Tom actually allows her to decorate. In her next life, she should come back as physically hideous. Maybe her soul will improve.

This is a good mix. Yank Rinna and Erika and replace with two more women like Garcelle, Sutton or Crystal.

Sutton’s house: stunning

Rinna looks like an idiot in her THs. Is she trying to channel Elizabeth Taylor?

I am very happy that Crystal is Chinese, and that her son is thrilled to be visiting Nei-Nei. And that is a stereotype that we embrace: Tiger Mom.  She has cute dimples. But the sexism is real. Families pray for sons because sons will take care of the parents. Daughters will take care of their husband’s parents.

Note to Bravo and closed-captioning:

Never Before Seen, not Scene

Barbecue, not Barbeque. BBQ is the abbreviation for barbecue.

Why couldn’t they wrap their brains around the fact that Sutton worked at Starbucks?

• Love 9

I'm over Sutton.  She was so rude to cut of Crystal's commentary.  All it makes me think is that she's showing her true colors.  I wonder how Garcelle feels about what Sutton said.  That moment could have been a bonding moment for Kyle, Crystal and Sutton but Sutton's reaction was so weird.  

Like others have said before, Kathy seems to be an iteration of kooky Kim.

Lipsa Rinna was so fake and condescending in her conversation with Garcelle on the bed.  WTF -- she said she couldn't guarantee that Garcelle could trust her?

Production is having a field day showing all of Erika's luxuries knowing that the crap is about to hit the fan.

• Love 17
6 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Probably the same way her daughter doesn't know what Walmart is. 

5 hours ago, janiema said:

I am really enjoying Kathy Hilton. She is such a relief from the stridency and intensity of the others. I think she was probably messing with Kyle about the fan. In fact she was doing that all night - “doogie”.

Since Paris now insists that she really did know what Walmart was, I think playing dumb might be a Hilton party trick! 

https://www.vice.com/en/article/53nvp3/paris-hilton-profile-2015-19-fragrances-and-counting-heiress

• Useful 1
  • Love 7