Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E02: Two Truths and a Lie

Message added by TexasGal,

As a reminder, real time events are spoilers and belong in the media or individual housewife threads.  Some posts have been hidden for including information beyond episode time.

• Start Topic

(edited)
2 hours ago, MrsWitter said:

Since Paris now insists that she really did know what Walmart was, I think playing dumb might be a Hilton party trick! 

https://www.vice.com/en/article/53nvp3/paris-hilton-profile-2015-19-fragrances-and-counting-heiress

Yes, to be clear, I was poking fun at them both playing dumb. :) 

8 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Speaking of conversations about race going south quickly, that happened between Crystal and Sutton.  Crystal was just reinforcing what Garcelle said to Kyle, I don't know what Sutton's problem was.

As someone who's generally liked Sutton, I was very put off. She acted personally insulted as soon as Crystal said anything. You'd have thought when Crystal was reinforcing what Garcelle said, she was calling Sutton a racist or mocking her for being a southern white girl. It was a very weird reaction.

2 hours ago, Talented Tenth said:

I'm over Sutton.  She was so rude to cut of Crystal's commentary.  All it makes me think is that she's showing her true colors.  I wonder how Garcelle feels about what Sutton said.  That moment could have been a bonding moment for Kyle, Crystal and Sutton but Sutton's reaction was so weird.  

Like others have said before, Kathy seems to be an iteration of kooky Kim.

Lipsa Rinna was so fake and condescending in her conversation with Garcelle on the bed.  WTF -- she said she couldn't guarantee that Garcelle could trust her?

Production is having a field day showing all of Erika's luxuries knowing that the crap is about to hit the fan.

Kyle handled it really well. She listened to Garcelle, apologized, and was like "I'm not racist. I'm an equal opportunity asshole. Ask anyone."

To be honest, I wonder if the editing is deliberate with Erika or not. Since she's been on the show, so much of her story has been her fashion, glam squad, spending $40,000 a month just to look like she does, the "Expensive" song, the mansion she resides in, property she forgets they own, etc. The scandal would look just as gross any other season imo. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 7

Loving Crystal (so far... fingers crossed) and her “Are you one of those people that you don’t see colour? Tell me you’re that girl, you don’t see colour”. I’m keen to see Sutton’s response to this direct question.

• Love 13
7 hours ago, princelina said:

I didn't think this would be an unpopular opinion but apparently it is - I think she's a big dud!  And now that I've noticed her looking like Caitlin Jenner I can't unsee it and it bugs me.

I am with you. I don't find Kathy offensive or anything but I don’t think she's particularly interesting, either.

• Love 23
36 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I am with you. I don't find Kathy offensive or anything but I don’t think she's particularly interesting, either.

I think she has been around filming too long and is already starting at the second season wariness.  We are not meeting "her" or the her she is trying to play a role and she is not a great actress.  Like Lisa Rinna LOL

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Note to Bravo and closed-captioning:

Never Before Seen, not Scene

I hate that Bravo named it's deleted scene iteration of the episodes "Never Before Scene".  It is a stupid pun that encourages poor spelling.

Kyle's smaller nose calls more attention to her bad fake teeth.  And Kathy's obvious eye surgery looks far too pulled and renders her looking like every poorly tightened face on Bravo.  I wonder how many of them could unlock each other's phones by facial recognition.  Conversely, I imagine Dorit has to update her phone's facial recognition fortnightly, given how much she changes her face.  I did not recognize her in the opening credit shot of all 7 women--I didn't figure out it was her until they did the proper intros this week.  And that satin dress did her no favors; I know she is tiny, but it makes her look like she's got a gut.

Kyle's food looked awful, even if she hadn't burned the salmon. (Maybe 20 minutes was too long?  I don't like fully cooked salmon, so if it isn't in sushi, it's maybe a minute per side for a portion that small when I cook it.)  But then, most of these women don't really eat much anyway.

The house on Lake Tahoe is impressive, but all I could think about was how great it would be for the now 5 women of NYC to stay there--it could be the first time ever those ladies didn't fight about rooms, as they could each have multiple rooms.

• Love 9
12 hours ago, Emmeline said:

I didn’t think I would like Kathy Hilton but, so far so good.  She must have some nice properties, hope we get to see one of those.  I can’t believe she is 62!  She’s had some good work done.

Kathy isn't bothering me so far, and she has had excellent work done.

If what we are seeing is the "real" Kathy, I think it's safe to assume that Kyle is smartest one of the three Richards sisters.  Kathy doesn't appear to be very bright and we all know that Kim isn't a card-carrying Mensa member either.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
9 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I was in the kitchen when the salmon scene was happening but IMO, 20 minutes IS too long for a salmon fillet.  If she did it on the stove (as opposed to the oven), it probably should have been maybe 5 to 6 minutes per side at the most.  If she did it in the oven, it probably should have been in the over for 12 to 15 minutes, depending on the temperature. 

Back to Sutton and Crystal, I am not even sure what her objection was - Crystal wasn't repeating any stereotypes, she was saying that she has been subjected to stereotypes, which made sense given what Kyle was saying about her conversation with Garcelle.  Crystal was right to call Sutton out for white privilege because essentially Sutton was saying, "no, you really haven't experienced comments about stereotypes" and really, that's gross. Don't deny Crystal's experience, Sutton. 

I did like Kyle owning up to the fact that she didn't feel bad about her comments until Garcelle talked through the racial implications. I thought that was an honest moment for her, both in terms of admitting that but also recognizing that she had to reconsider it based on her conversation with Garcelle. It was a rare teachable moment about race on one of these shows, and it was nice that Kyle did not react defensively (as opposed to Sutton, who reacted defensively for zero reason).

I wouldn't be surprised if that is how long Kyle cooks salmon, along with overcooking a lot of other thiings.  I think that Kyle likes all of her food well done (as in dry).  We've seen her order steaks and hamburgers well done several times over the series.  Maybe it's intentional - order something/cook something so overdone and then, you only eat a few bites, complaining that it is too well done, thereby forcing yourself to not eat a lot.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

It could be but in this case, I think it is more that they don't have very sophisticated palates, which was something I noticed when they were in Italy. I suspect Kyle likes well-done food because that is how she thinks it is supposed to taste. (And I mean, you can't really argue how someone likes their food, though I agree that a well-done steak is not something I would enjoy).

• Love 6
3 hours ago, CrinkleCutCat said:

Loving Crystal (so far... fingers crossed) and her “Are you one of those people that you don’t see colour? Tell me you’re that girl, you don’t see colour”. I’m keen to see Sutton’s response to this direct question.

I was like "ooohhhhh Crystal got a little gangsta in her"  

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
On 5/22/2021 at 6:05 PM, jewel21 said:

Airdate: 05/26/2021

Please limit your discussion to events that occur in this episode.  Real time events are spoilers and belong in the media or individual housewife threads.  

Okay Garcelle,  Rhinna has shown you and honestly told you that you can't trust her. What more do you need. Stop trying to be friends , just be social and  nothing more, keep you business to yourself reveal only what you want to . 

• Love 15
2 hours ago, Slakkie said:

I think she has been around filming too long and is already starting at the second season wariness.  We are not meeting "her" or the her she is trying to play a role and she is not a great actress.  Like Lisa Rinna LOL

I thought Kathy would be more like Lisa Vanderpump, with that aristocratic air, I miss that . However she's clearly not that .  

• Love 6
13 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

So far I’m enjoying the newbies , Crystal and Kathy. They haven’t had time to hate the other women...yet. 

Just keep watching my dear ! 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
(edited)
8 minutes ago, byrd said:

I thought Kathy would be more like Lisa Vanderpump, with that aristocratic air, I miss that . However she's clearly not that .  

There was a silly little reality/competition show on one summer called ‘I want to be a Hilton’ hosted by Kathy. She taught the contestants how to properly hold a wine glass and other things like that. I didn’t watch past the first episode. But I thought Kathy was coming across, or trying, to be LVP-ish. 

Edited by Straycat80
  • Useful 4
  • Love 8

I agree that Kathy seems to be acting dumber than she is, maybe since it worked so well for Paris.  I hate it when women do that because they think it's cute.  She can't plug in a fan?  She can't understand the rules of a game called "Two Truths and One Lie?"

I feel like something had to have been edited out of the Crystal/Sutton/Kyle convo.  It was a very reasonable conversation and then out of nowhere Sutton is "not going to talk about stereotypes?"  Huh?

I was shocked that Sutton is 49.  I am the same age and I humbly submit that I look way younger than her.  And wow!  Without plastic surgery, 

• Love 15
1 hour ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I did like Kyle owning up to the fact that she didn't feel bad about her comments until Garcelle talked through the racial implications. I thought that was an honest moment for her, both in terms of admitting that but also recognizing that she had to reconsider it based on her conversation with Garcelle. It was a rare teachable moment about race on one of these shows, and it was nice that Kyle did not react defensively (as opposed to Sutton, who reacted defensively for zero reason).

THIS ! This is how to properly learn, grow and give a real proper apology.

• Love 8
19 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

There was a silly little reality/competition show on one summer called ‘I want to be a Hilton’ hosted by Kathy. She taught the contestants how to properly hold a wine glass and other things like that. I didn’t watch past the first episode. But I thought Kathy was coming across, or trying, to be LVP-ish. 

I didn't see that at all Lol !!  It's not fair to compare her to Lisa anyway , Lisa was in a class all by herself.  However , I would love to see her hold Kyle down this season. I also remember that show , that's why I just saw Kathy  a little different, so far she's just blending in for me, no real distinction.  Sutton's first season was more impressive on that level, however I have to give it time , Kathy may show up for me yet !  

• Love 2

I feel like something had to have been edited out of the Crystal/Sutton/Kyle convo.

Things are edited out of every conversation. Some conversations are just badly edited compared to others and might appear more clumsy.

• Love 4

I'm not feeling the Kathy love at all.  To me, she seems that she can have bully tendencies.  She seems mean and vindictive too.  I don't find her funny (dentist and hair dresser as a kid)  and she is no LVP.  

• Love 20
15 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

So far I’m enjoying the newbies , Crystal and Kathy. They haven’t had time to hate the other women...yet. 

I enjoy Crystal.  I thought I might not like how the Sutton thing w Crystal shook out but not the case.   Has Kathy always had such jacked up teeth?  Do they belong to someone else?  They don't fit.  The chef seemed over Kyle.  I am also.  Still loving Garcelle.  Erika is a try hard poseur.  Wonder how her rosacea will go with orange?

• Love 4
(edited)
5 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Not a fan of Kathy.  You can't be a decent person and raise those assholes.  I am specifically referencing her sons.  Paris and Nikki haven't shown as much ass as those 2.

Edited by Natalie68
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Not a fan of Kathy.  You can't be a decent person and raise those assholes.  I am specifically referencing her sons.  Paris and Nikki haven't shown as much ass as those 2.

Trash bag Paris definitely has shown herself to be an asshole.  I'm side-eyeing Kathy for various reasons including how her children turned out.  The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, Talented Tenth said:

Trash bag Paris definitely has shown herself to be an asshole.  I'm side-eyeing Kathy for various reasons including how her children turned out.  The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Well that is true.  I think the boys assholery is more front and center in my mind.  Money or not I think all the Richards sisters are classless assholes.  Anyone else remember Bums of Beverly Hills?  You can slap some designer duds on them but classless.  I thought Kyle saying she didn't regret outting someone not paying the charity was low.  How many months did she let that slide?  She let a donation go unfulfilled to own Garcelle in the Reunion?  

• Love 13
4 hours ago, brillia79 said:

Sutton is a full-on Karen. The way she was shouting over Crystal was infuriating.

Yes!  Shut up and LISTEN Sutton.  It's hard to learn anything with your gums flapping but then I'm pretty sure Sutton isn't interested in learning anything.  

I think I'm really going to enjoy Crystal.   I liked the look into her home life and how Lucy is The Boss lol. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

When Kyle served the "well done" salmon, I started watching who put what on their plate. They showed Rinna take some plain lettuce and then cut away and never showed her plate again, which is unusual based on prior seasons. I wonder if they will show any of her eating habits the rest of the season.  If the Erika storyline doesn't pan out at least I will have something else to keep me occupied...

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
(edited)
On 5/27/2021 at 7:57 AM, Lizzing said:

I wonder how many of them could unlock each other's phones by facial recognition. 

That made me CACKLE right out loud in my office!  Brilliant!  

Edited by AnnMarie17
Because spelling still matters.
  • LOL 8
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

This is the first time I am coveting the life of a Housewife. 

Lucy is the best.

”This is ugly.”

”More shoes. How many foot you have?”

I agree Lucy is great. I would say I would want a Lucy at home but I already have a 5yr old who roasts me on the daily LOL. 

• LOL 12
  • Love 3
38 minutes ago, Mar said:

Kyle’s flashback...is this DORIT??

5848F48E-D251-43A9-ADD7-D92370623FCB.jpeg

0BA243C5-374B-47F3-8FF5-97C3977605F9.jpeg

I wasn’t sure, either!  😁

Also surprised that Sutton is only 49.  I pegged her in her 50’s.  (And I’m 63.)

Not sure why the women couldn’t just have cut off the burned part of the salmon.  But that was funny!

• Love 5
(edited)
51 minutes ago, sistermagpie said:

Of course, knowing her job is to generate conflict she may have been more enthusiastic about her "Don't go there!" than she might have been otherwise, but that's what she's paid to do. 

Eh, that seemed  like a genuine knee jerk reaction to me and I'm sure it wasn't the first time unless it was the first time she's interacted with women of color who she isn't paying.  

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Cosmocrush said:

Eh, that seemed  like a genuine knee jerk reaction to me and I'm sure it wasn't the first time except maybe it was the first time she's interacted with women of color who she isn't paying.  

Yeah, I can easily imagine Sutton hanging out in circles where everybody reacts to the idea that racism exists this way, so she sees herself as being the good guy by shutting Crystal down.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Given how much she talked about loving to cook for people, Kyle’s food was surprisingly lackluster. Baked  salmon with noodles - such an odd combo and not at all appetizing to me.

• Love 19
6 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

It was a good discussion but I laughed out loud when Kyle’s response was essentially, “I wasn’t making the comment to hurt you with racism, I meant to hurt you in another way because you came for my family.”

• LOL 4
  • Love 6

Did Sutton really try to make the argument that she's a white Southern woman and it's offensive and outrageous when they show Southern people as rednecks on TV against an Asian woman and her experience? I was so floored by that whole conversation I'm not sure what I was actually hearing. 

I go back and forth on Garcelle. Sometimes I really like her and think she's smart and funny and way above the rest of these women and then sometimes she has this air of superiority that really bugs me. If she doesn't trust or like Lisa, why does she keep pushing it? She should just say that and keep her distance from Lisa, not keep having these same conversations over and over (and yes, I'm ignoring the fact that this is all producer driven). I liked her conversation with Kyle much better, I feel like they were both pretty direct and level with each other. 

• Love 13
57 minutes ago, Momager said:

Given how much she talked about loving to cook for people, Kyle’s food was surprisingly lackluster. Baked  salmon with noodles - such an odd combo and not at all appetizing to me.

It didn't look good to me either.  When Brandi made tacos several years ago. THOSE looked good.  Frankly I was surprised.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Conflict over "issues" - whether it is about sexual harassment, like the discussion that Rinna and Camille had a few years ago pegged to the Kavanaugh nomination, or about the different experiences based on someone's racial or ethnic background - are a part of life, even for foolish, wealthy idiots. I don't mind Garcelle and Kyle having a productive conversation about why Kyle's comments could impact Garcelle based on Garcelle's experience as a Black woman or Crystal talking about what it is like to be an Asian woman in America.  I don't see any reason to pretend that even wealthy people have to navigate some challenges when it comes to talking about the difficult issues that all of our society faces. 

Amen to that ! Just because you're wealthy is no excuse to be ignorant of the world around you ! I do realize that most of them live in a Bubble, but dam !!! How stupid can you be ? 

• Love 8
19 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

It didn't look good to me either.  When Brandi made tacos several years ago. THOSE looked good.  Frankly I was surprised.

lol! Brandi's said she loves to cook and wishes the motherly side of her was shown more on Housewives. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Crystal seems sweet, but I don't trust her.  She did admit on WWHL that she studied the show and thought she was prepared when filming started.  Hence why she comes off a bit smug.  But she admits she was so unprepared for the show once filming started.

Crystal vs Sutton...hmm.  Sutton did react oddly..but Crystal also came across as calculating.  I'll be interested to see how this plays out as the season continues.

• Useful 2
  • Love 12
5 hours ago, Hiyo said:

Things are edited out of every conversation. Some conversations are just badly edited compared to others and might appear more clumsy.

Watch the food or drink on the table and you’ll get a good idea of how much editing is going on. It’s particularly noticeable on 90DF where liquid in glasses goes up and down like a yo-yo.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 2

Oh I know that. Restaurant scenes are also a good place to notice editing as well. I remember one scene on RHOA where the diners at one table behind one of the HWs kept changing back and forth...

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
(edited)

In my experience, the people that never want to discuss race are the racists. I would like to be wrong about Sutton because up until now, I really had no major issue with her. But her knee jerk and extreme reaction to a completely organic conversation about race makes me think I am spot on. If you aren't in the mood for whatever turn the conversation takes, excuse yourself to go do something. Who the hell is she to insist what may, or may not, be discussed?  Unless a whole lot was edited out and there is some other explanation, Sutton can F-off along with Kyle, Dorit, Lisa, Erika and probably Kathy. 

Edited by chlban
  • Love 19
13 hours ago, Hiyo said:

The main advantage is the time you save since when flying private, even if in a small plane. No need to get there to the airport hours before departure.

Plus flying commercial would have meant adding another 1+ hour drive from the airport to where they were staying at in Lake Tahoe. Flying private (assuming they flew into Lake Tahoe airport as opposed to Ren-Tahoe Airport) would only be a 20 min drive, maximum.

hmm, the brown hills in the background looked more like RNO to me, but I could be wrong.

and that jet was not small Garcelle. :)