Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E02: Two Truths and a Lie

Message added by TexasGal,

As a reminder, real time events are spoilers and belong in the media or individual housewife threads.  Some posts have been hidden for including information beyond episode time.

• Start Topic

(edited)
14 hours ago, J80134 said:

Kathy's lisp is common for people who wear full dentures. Botox and fillers make it more prominent. Kyle might be laughing at Kathy's big sister teasing now, but I suspect there will come a point when she gets butthurt.

Yeah Rinna, you be you...a big, stinking pile of dung.

Erika is such a poser. If "worked for the mob" means sucked a made guys dick, then maybe I believe it. 

Am I surprised that Sutton isn't woke? As shocked as I was that the sun rose this morning.

Dorito calling all the ladies "baaaby" in her best PK mimic is annoying and condescending. 

So far, the most interesting thing about Crystal is her husband's career.  It's too early to tell what dynamic she'll bring to the group.

I don't know if it will be a good season, but it can't be worse than last year....unless brandi drops by to tell everyone she hooked up with one of the ladies.

I can't imagine that Kathy wears dentures. A friend of mine just took what I consider a bundle out of her retirement account to have all new tooth implants. But,  what I consider a bundle is pocket change to Kathy. I can't imagine she wouldn't do the same.                                  Not being Woke is one thing, but Sutton could have simply kept her mouth shut. That over the top reaction was very telling.                                                  Erika's 2, or more likely 3, lies were very telling. Especially that witness part, although it's too early in filming for her to be turning State's witness on Tom, which I would not be surprised by. Love your comment about Brandi stopping by😃  The promise of watching Erika's take down already makes this must see TV this season. First time since she has been on the show I am interested in her segments.

Edited by chlban
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, Hiyo said:

To me, that conversation did highlight some of Sutton's insecurities. Yes, Americans from the south do get pegged and stereotyped, and not in a good way. I wouldn't be surprised if Sutton had to deal with people stereotyping her that way, given that she now lives in BH, and probably has to deal with even her friends probably ribbing her about where she is from.

Where Sutton falters is not realizing that for every negative stereotype about white southern people, there are plenty of positive depictions of them to counter that, and plenty of positive depictions of white people in entertainment and the media in general to counter that. Not so much for Black and Asian people in the US. And it's not like the stereotypes about southern white people could end up getting them killed...

I don't believe Sutton is racist per se, at this point I would probably file her under ignorant more than anything else.

I am going to hope you are right, I was liking Sutton prior to that exchange and not sure how I felt about Crystal. But, based on my personal experience, I suspect she is a racist. I am not basing that on any  stereotypes. I was born, raised and still live in Southern CA.  and I have seen that attitude in some my white, middle and upper middle class, friends and acquaintances. Every single one of them would insist they aren't racist, and many of them would be in denial.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

And just like that, I’m over Sutton. I was already tired of her Southern Gal nonsense when she was rude to Crystal. It’s not like Crystal brought up the topic for no reason. Kyle was discussing it. I actually wanted to hear what Crystal had to say. I don’t care if Sutton isn’t having it. Why was she promoted to full time anyway? She’s boring, doesn’t have a family and rents from Kyle. Go away with your ugly ass designer clothes.

• Love 8
9 hours ago, Hiyo said:

To me, that conversation did highlight some of Sutton's insecurities. Yes, Americans from the south do get pegged and stereotyped, and not in a good way. I wouldn't be surprised if Sutton had to deal with people stereotyping her that way, given that she now lives in BH, and probably has to deal with even her friends probably ribbing her about where she is from.

Where Sutton falters is not realizing that for every negative stereotype about white southern people, there are plenty of positive depictions of them to counter that, and plenty of positive depictions of white people in entertainment and the media in general to counter that. Not so much for Black and Asian people in the US. And it's not like the stereotypes about southern white people could end up getting them killed...

I don't believe Sutton is racist per se, at this point I would probably file her under ignorant more than anything else.

And she was basically trying to suggest that a white person being stereotyped for being from the south was the same as systemic racism, which it's not. Which is what Crystal called her out on with "I don't see race."

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
(edited)

I think Sutten also has the all southerners are racist stereotype (everyone in the south is racist) that I am assuming she thinks people automatically shift on her when these talks happen that she is over reacting and trying to shut down before she has to defend not being racist (does that make sense) I dont think she is racist I think she if very very ignorant to things ...she just needs to keep her mouth shut and listen 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Useful 3
  • Love 15
23 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I think Sutten also has the all southerners are racist stereotype (everyone in the south is racist) that I am assuming she thinks people automatically shift on her when these talks happen that she is over reacting and trying to shut down before she has to defend not being racist (does that make sense) I dont think she is racist I think she if very very ignorant to things ...she just needs to keep her mouth shut and listen 

Nah, she's a racist, but she will , of course, insist that she isn't and almost certainly believes herself that she isn't. After all, she has at least one black friend so she can't be, right?😃😀

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
(edited)
9 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

I didn’t see that; I saw her mocking the burntness.

Wow. Am I trash? If Kyle served that burnt salmon to me, I totally would have cut off the burnt layer and gone to town on the remains. And offered to eat the other guests’ salmon. As Erika said, it was a beautiful fish.

I’m Chinese, and that’s another stereotype that I will embrace: we do NOT waste food!!

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • LOL 9
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I’m Chinese, and that’s another stereotype that I will embrace: we do NOT waste food!!

No! NO! We're not doing this. People assume I eat nothing but fish tacos and vegan food and only use paper straws and... is that supposed to be me? No... it's called 2021, people! This isn't going to happen!

Edited by dmeets
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1

I'm so confused by the "Oh, Sutton and her fine Southern manners" talk from these HWs. Cutting someone off when they are sharing a painful experience is rude.  Just so bottom line, basic rude. I don't care how many thank you notes she writes or how many gift bags she cobbles together for her rich friends, her manners are terrible.

• Love 9

Garcelle, honey, just cut Lisa R loose and move on with your life!  

I'm on Garcelle's side against Rinna, but on Kyle's side against Garcelle.  I liked their lunch conversation, but the bottom line is that Garcelle didn't pay.  And I do believe that Kyle would be just as quick to call out Dorit or Lisa if they had bid and received something, and then didn't pay.  And instead of going to her assistant to check her bank statements and see if a payment went through, Garcelle turned on Kyle and basically said, "You can't publicly criticize me about anything, even if it's true, because that can be perceived as racist".  And I wonder where Garcelle and the show goes from there.

• Love 11

Sutton has to realize as the white girl she has to apologize for every bad thing that ever happened.

The others get off because they are only 10% Caucasian. The rest is botox and silicone.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, ancslove said:

Garcelle, honey, just cut Lisa R loose and move on with your life!  

I'm on Garcelle's side against Rinna, but on Kyle's side against Garcelle.  I liked their lunch conversation, but the bottom line is that Garcelle didn't pay.  And I do believe that Kyle would be just as quick to call out Dorit or Lisa if they had bid and received something, and then didn't pay.  And instead of going to her assistant to check her bank statements and see if a payment went through, Garcelle turned on Kyle and basically said, "You can't publicly criticize me about anything, even if it's true, because that can be perceived as racist".  And I wonder where Garcelle and the show goes from there.

I don't agree with this.  Kyle even admitted she called out Garcelle because she was upset with her.  She has different standards for those who are friendly with her.

And, I think it was rude and tacky to call Garcelle or ANYONE out publicly before making a phone call and reminding them to honor their pledge.  

• Love 16
2 hours ago, Feech said:

Sutton doesn’t realize yet that she has to grovel.

She didn’t get the memo.

On the other hand Kyle is an expert groveler.

Just ask Kathy.

Literally no one asked Sutton to grovel, apologize or even comment. As Crystal was relating her own experiences Sutton jumped in to shut her up.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
(edited)
50 minutes ago, NYCFree said:

Literally no one asked Sutton to grovel, apologize or even comment. As Crystal was relating her own experiences Sutton jumped in to shut her up.

Thank you! Crystal only got annoyed with Sutton after her incredibly rude reaction. You'd have thought Crystal was about to expose a secret about Sutton with the way she flipped out to shut her up, my goodness.

If Sutton is that fragile, Housewives is not the gig for her. Does she not remember the way the women were after Denise to admit to her most intimate business on national TV? Sweetie, if a woman of color sharing her experiences feels like an attack to you, I'd hate to see how you'd react if you were actually bullied, outed as an alcoholic, lost your husband, had a secret about your kids exposed, pushed out as you were grieving. Like them or not, most of the rest have gone through some genuinely painful stuff on the show. Maybe Sutton is a sweet woman and that interaction was just not her finest moment, but either way, I don't think she's built for this. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 12
23 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Was Kathy never a part of this show before?  I only started watching this show when Denise joined.

She has appeared a few times over the years at some of Kyle's events.  This is the first season we are being subjected to her on a regular basis. 😐

15 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Crystal: "From a perspective of someone who's not white, when it hits you from stereotypes, it can be so painful that you can't see anything else. I've had friends who've said things to me, Asian comments, stuff like that. Do Garcelle and I share the same exact ones? No."

Sutton: "No, there are stereo . . . I am sorry, I am not gonna do this. I'm not, I'm not, I'm not doing this. I'm gonna tell you right now!"

Totally. There would have to be some major editing tricks for Sutton's reaction to make any sort of sense. I'm really curious how this plays out. 

Just based on what you bolded - Sutton's comment following Crystal's doesn't even make sense, whether one is racist or not.  I'm going with editing shenanigans.  It does seem like Sutton was overly defensive and I believe I'd be team Crystal in this conversation even if we heard the whole thing - but it definitely seems like something was cut out between those two bolded paragraphs.

• Love 4

Sutton should just shut up. It’s not like she is on a reality show and conflict is what sells after all. I mean who is she to express her “truth.” 

Nobody wants to hear that!

• LOL 2
On 5/26/2021 at 11:11 PM, Hiyo said:

The main advantage is the time you save since when flying private, even if in a small plane. No need to get there to the airport hours before departure.

Plus flying commercial would have meant adding another 1+ hour drive from the airport to where they were staying at in Lake Tahoe. Flying private (assuming they flew into Lake Tahoe airport as opposed to Ren-Tahoe Airport) would only be a 20 min drive, maximum.

I'm a poor so I fly commercial when I fly up to Tahoe for family vacations (my dad has a few cabins up there).  I always fly into Reno.  It's a short enough and cheap enough flight from LA, but I hate the drive from Reno to Tahoe and hate it even more when I'm leaving and worried about catching my flight.  It's a long ass drive depending on the snow situation.

On 5/26/2021 at 11:53 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

Kathy looks exactly like Paris. Did the dad contribute no DNA?

I assume they have the same plastic surgeon.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 4
On 5/27/2021 at 4:57 AM, Lizzing said:

I hate that Bravo named it's deleted scene iteration of the episodes "Never Before Scene".  It is a stupid pun that encourages poor spelling.

Kyle's smaller nose calls more attention to her bad fake teeth.  And Kathy's obvious eye surgery looks far too pulled and renders her looking like every poorly tightened face on Bravo.  I wonder how many of them could unlock each other's phones by facial recognition.  Conversely, I imagine Dorit has to update her phone's facial recognition fortnightly, given how much she changes her face.  I did not recognize her in the opening credit shot of all 7 women--I didn't figure out it was her until they did the proper intros this week.  And that satin dress did her no favors; I know she is tiny, but it makes her look like she's got a gut.

Kyle's food looked awful, even if she hadn't burned the salmon. (Maybe 20 minutes was too long?  I don't like fully cooked salmon, so if it isn't in sushi, it's maybe a minute per side for a portion that small when I cook it.)  But then, most of these women don't really eat much anyway.

The house on Lake Tahoe is impressive, but all I could think about was how great it would be for the now 5 women of NYC to stay there--it could be the first time ever those ladies didn't fight about rooms, as they could each have multiple rooms.

In her first few THs, I didn't recognize who had the super-blonde crimpy hairstyle.  Just didn't recognize her - reminded me of the AI woman Sophia.  Maybe Dorit's look will serve as a model some day.

That dreadful blue dress in the opening credits!  Don't the HWs get a chance to review the footage and veto what looks bad?  Again, it was hard to recognize Dorit.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 5/27/2021 at 2:20 AM, CrinkleCutCat said:

Loving Crystal (so far... fingers crossed) and her “Are you one of those people that you don’t see colour? Tell me you’re that girl, you don’t see colour”. I’m keen to see Sutton’s response to this direct question.

Crystal sure is coming across mighty aggressive considering she's trying to put words in Sutton's mouth with that question and the fact that Sutton said no such thing.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 15
(edited)

Sutton was wrong, overly defensive (without cause), and just kind of incoherent in her argument with Crystal.  I think she really is too insecure and thin-skinned to do well long-term on a show like this. 

Spoiler

Edited by ancslove
ETA: There's no actual spoiler there, I just don't know how to get rid of it!
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
On 5/27/2021 at 8:58 AM, heatherchandler said:

I don't want to see her response.  I don't want to see the women argue about race, I don't want to see them argue about abortion or the conflict in the Middle East.  I don't need Sutton's opinion or Kyle pretending to "learn."  Are people actually wanting this on this show?  They are foolish wealthy idiots and I watch to laugh at them pretend to be something they are not.  I don't care what they have to say on any "issues."  Am I the only one?

NO you are not the only one.  I really dislike that the push for diversity has resulted in this political debate when we watch these shows to escape for a while.

• Love 18

I'd say it's more inclusion than a push for diversity.

Crystal sure is coming across mighty aggressive considering she's trying to put words in Sutton's mouth with that question and the fact that Sutton said no such thing.

Aggressive? Sutton was the one who jumped in and cut off Crystal aggressively. Also not sure how asking a question is putting words in someone's mouth. The person being asked can either answer or ignore the question.

• Love 15
On 5/26/2021 at 9:01 PM, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Speaking of conversations about race going south quickly, that happened between Crystal and Sutton.  Crystal was just reinforcing what Garcelle said to Kyle, I don't know what Sutton's problem was.

I kinda thought that Sutton thought that, given her awkwardness and her southernness, in topics of race she may be jumped on as being racially insensitive. That’s why she brought up stereotypes. I could see her worrying and knowing that her awkward behavior would make it look worse —which it did in just this little bit— and then it would spiral and she’d be this years target (especially if Erika and her gang needed one to divert attention) and it would be this year’s whole thing and with something as serious as race. So she fumbled and made a nothing comment into something uncomfortable. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 7

Garcelle remains IMO the most sincere housewife on this show. She is a true friend to those worthy of her. It's tough to see all the talks of racial insensitivity etc, when judging by character, she pretty much has them all beat as a class act. At last year's reunion, when Kyle said that comment about not paying the charity $, I thought to myself IMMEDIATELY "oh, ouch. And she's black. Yeah that's not coming across right." I was well aware of the stereotype. But coming from Garcelle as the person she is, I knew it had to be a mixup & there's no way she just wouldn't pay. She doesn't need to make herself look good in front of Kyle or anyone by making phony donations. She's not that person. I'd expect it more from a Dorit & P.K. Grifter.

• Useful 1
  • Love 18
14 hours ago, Anne Thrax said:

I think "I don't see race" was a pretty logical potential summary of what Crystal was getting at. It did sound like she was trying to say that everyone gets stereotyped--including her for being a white Southern woman and therefore Crystal shouldn't say anything about racist stereotypes because they were no different. 

13 hours ago, Feech said:

Sutton isn’t a racist.

They just want to portray her as one on TV.

I think it's a dead end thinking about whether somebody is or isn't racist as if it's a set thing, like whether or not somebody is tall or not. Somebody can be doing something racist one moment and not racist the next. Sutton explicitly saying she wanted to shut down non-white people talking about racist stereotypes because as a white person she gets stereotyped is something she did in that moment. Sure, the show decided not to edit that out to avoid the subject, but I don't know whether I'd describe that as the show necessarily wanting to portray her as racist in general.

3 minutes ago, OdinO. said:

Crystal can bug off with her racial stereotype problems. She seems to have had no issues and in fact, stereotyped herself with her Tiger Mom BS.

Yes, people within a group can make jokes about themselves, even stereotypical ones, and still object to outsiders doing it. That's pretty standard. Sutton is the same way about her white Southerner stereotypes.

• Useful 2
  • Love 11
1 minute ago, sistermagpie said:

I think "I don't see race" was a pretty logical potential summary of what Crystal was getting at. It did sound like she was trying to say that everyone gets stereotyped--including her for being a white Southern woman and therefore Crystal shouldn't say anything about racist stereotypes because they were no different. 

I think it's a dead end thinking about whether somebody is or isn't racist as if it's a set thing, like whether or not somebody is tall or not. Somebody can be doing something racist one moment and not racist the next. Sutton explicitly saying she wanted to shut down non-white people talking about racist stereotypes because as a white person she gets stereotyped is something she did in that moment. Sure, the show decided not to edit that out to avoid the subject, but I don't know whether I'd describe that as the show necessarily wanting to portray her as racist in general.

Yes, people within a group can make jokes about themselves, even stereotypical ones, and still object to outsiders doing it. That's pretty standard. Sutton is the same way about her white Southerner stereotypes.

Well, I'm tired of double standards. Nobody can keep up, so everything anyone  does is wrong by someone. The goalposts keep moving. I just don't care anymore.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, OdinO. said:

Crystal can bug off with her racial stereotype problems. She seems to have had no issues and in fact, stereotyped herself with her Tiger Mom BS.

I thought the same about "how important it is to have a boy." Is there a fine line between upholding your culture and perpetuating some harsh norms? Where does the line in the sand end between offensive/inappropriate and upholding culture that no one else can comment on whether they approve or not? Not trying to be controversial but this struck me as well. Will Crystal get offended when she sees Rinna's talking head saying she got pregnant by having sex & that's it? 

• Love 6
Just now, OdinO. said:

Well, I'm tired of double standards. Nobody can keep up, so everything anyone  does is wrong by someone. The goalposts keep moving. I just don't care anymore.

I'm not sure what you mean about goalposts in this moment. Sutton was the one that seemed to feel she was being done wrong and then Crystal got annoyed back. The whole show is about arguments between the women like this, and then they work them out. 

3 minutes ago, Kdawg82 said:

I thought the same about "how important it is to have a boy." Is there a fine line between upholding your culture and perpetuating some harsh norms? Where does the line in the sand end between offensive/inappropriate and upholding culture that no one else can comment on whether they approve or not? Not trying to be controversial but this struck me as well. Will Crystal get offended when she sees Rinna's talking head saying she got pregnant by having sex & that's it? 

I do think that would be different. That is, if Crystal was talking about how important it was to have a boy etc. and one of the other women said they thought that was terrible for her daughter and misogynist I don't think Crystal could just say they were wrong because it was a Chinese cultural thing and have everyone agree with her.

I mean, ironically these awkward moments have been chalked up to making the show more diverse, which suggests that the solution is to keep the cast all white (or in some cases all black) which...gets us back to systemic racism!

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, sistermagpie said:

I'm not sure what you mean about goalposts in this moment. Sutton was the one that seemed to feel she was being done wrong and then Crystal got annoyed back. The whole show is about arguments between the women like this, and then they work them out. 

I do think that would be different. That is, if Crystal was talking about how important it was to have a boy etc. and one of the other women said they thought that was terrible for her daughter and misogynist I don't think Crystal could just say they were wrong because it was a Chinese cultural thing and have everyone agree with her.

I mean, ironically these awkward moments have been chalked up to making the show more diverse, which suggests that the solution is to keep the cast all white (or in some cases all black) which...gets us back to systemic racism!

We, my generation, were raised to believe in MLK's dream. Now that's a sign we are racist. So not seeing color or judging someone on race was the goal. Now we are told all we should see is race. I'm over it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

MLK said a lot of other things which people either conveniently forget or don’t bother looking up.

“I do think that would be different. That is, if Crystal was talking about how important it was to have a boy etc. and one of the other women said they thought that was terrible for her daughter and misogynist I don't think Crystal could just say they were wrong because it was a Chinese cultural thing and have everyone agree with her.”

Interesting. Probably how it would have happened as well.

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, OdinO. said:

We, my generation, were raised to believe in MLK's dream. Now that's a sign we are racist. So not seeing color or judging someone on race was the goal. Now we are told all we should see is race. I'm over it.

As a goal, it's great. But MLK was still working toward that goal when he was murdered by a white supremecist. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
(edited)
2 hours ago, OdinO. said:

I was also raised to believe MLK's dream. We have come a long way, but it isn't over and I am comfortable that Dr. King would agree. It is over 50 years since his death. Times change, issues evolve. I don't worry much about what I am "being told", I form my own opinions and conversations about race don't scare me. 

Edited by chlban
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
Just now, chlban said:

I was also raised to believe MLK's dream. We have come a long way, but it isn't over and I am comfortable that Dr. King would agree. It is over 50 years since his death. Times change, issues evolve. I don't worry much about what I am "being told?" I formmy own opinions and conversations about race don't scare me. 

Nothing is ever going to be perfect. I am not afraid of racial conversations. I'm fatigued by the excess focus on group identity instead of individual identity. I think that we are farther away from MLK's dream now than we were 30 years ago. We are creating division.

• Love 14

Systematic racism is a bitch and ignoring isn’t going to make it go away.

It will be interesting to see where Crustal and Sutton’s conversation goes in the next episode.

• Love 11
57 minutes ago, OdinO. said:

Nothing is ever going to be perfect. I am not afraid of racial conversations. I'm fatigued by the excess focus on group identity instead of individual identity. I think that we are farther away from MLK's dream now than we were 30 years ago. We are creating division.

I agree with the “people are individuals, not representatives of their race” thing. If everyone internalized that there would be no racism. The ideas are mutually exclusive.

We also need a definition of racism, so we know we are talking about the same thing. (And refusing to eat a particular food ain’t it).

• Love 5

Crystal seems horrible and brings very little to the table except  husbands accomplishments.

Which I guess she can claim credit for that for since he based Scar on her behavior.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Kdawg82 said:

Will Crystal get offended when she sees Rinna's talking head saying she got pregnant by having sex & that's it? 

I don't know what Crystal would find offensive but all Rinna's talking head was basically saying was "that's not what I did."  

Critiquing aspects of someone's culture isn't necessarily racism.  I critiqued the importance Crystal put on having a boy. However, it would have been wrong of me to assume that was her position, based on stereotypes, before she opened her mouth. It would also be wrong of me to judge her more harshly than I'd critique white parents who do the same thing.  

3 hours ago, OdinO. said:

She can stereotype herself.  It'd be wrong for us to do it.  And I'm not sure why you think she has had no issues. In this episode, Garcelle, a beautiful, successful and famous black woman talked about how racial stereotypes affect her daily life.  She has been in restaurants and wasn't served or wasn't served quickly while others got their food.  When it came time to pay the bill, she had to debate with herself--opt not to leave a tip because a tip wasn't deserved given the poor service or leave a tip to avoid perpetuating the stereotype (which might have influenced why she got poor service) that black people don't tip. 

All her privileges didn't insulate her from systemic racism.

Just because Crystal hasn't shared a similar experience yet doesn't mean she doesn't have them.  Racism against Asians was up dramatically last year.  If Crystal, Garcelle and Sutton walk into a store, Garcelle can't hide she's a black woman.  Crystal can't hide she's an Asian woman.  But Sutton isn't going to be recognized as a Southerner unless she opens her mouth. And the negative consequences of those stereotypes that Garcelle and Crystal would face are going to be more damaging, in general, than those that Sutton would face. 

Does not seeing that make Sutton racist?  Probably about the same amount many of us are who grew up privileged by systems created with baked in racism that for years wasn't acknowledged or recognized as such.  In the end, she's going to be judged on how she handles things.  I think the statement she released was a nice acknowledgement that her knee jerk reaction was tone deaf.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 20
(edited)

Crystal seems like she can be the new Brandy Glanville. She really doesn’t have accomplishments of her own but she will stir the pot with the best of them. 

It’s obvious already that she has picked Sutton as her target. Sutton is justifiably afraid that they will elect her as the punching bag because her Southern accent will let Rinna and Erica turn her into George Wallace in the schoolroom door to divert attention from their problems. That’s why she panicked and in her bumbling socially inept way tried to shut down the ritual counting of grievances. 

I found the preview instructive in this regard. Let’s see if it was a fake out or will Crystals  problems with Sutton continue.

Edited by Feech
  • Love 4
14 minutes ago, Feech said:

Crystal seems like she can be the new Brandy Glanville. She really doesn’t have accomplishments of her own but she will stir the pot with the best of them. 

It’s obvious already that she has picked Sutton as her target. Sutton is justifiably afraid that they will elect her as the punching bag because her Southern accent will let Rinna and Erica turn her into George Wallace in the schoolroom door to divert attention from their problems. That’s why she panicked and in her bumbling socially inept way tried to shut down the ritual counting of grievances. 

I found the preview instructive in this regard. Let’s see if it was a fake out or will Crystals  problems with Sutton continue.

Yes, 100% agree.

The tell was Crystal asking her if she is "that girl who doesn't see color," Sutton was not having it, none of us would and that would have been the passive aggressive way Crystal could have gotten the racial ball rolling.   Sutton could have answered Crystal "no, I don't see color, I see assholes."

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Yes, 100% agree.

The tell was Crystal asking her if she is "that girl who doesn't see color," Sutton was not having it, none of us would and that would have been the passive aggressive way Crystal could have gotten the racial ball rolling.   Sutton could have answered Crystal "no, I don't see color, I see assholes."

Yep, that was the trap.

• Love 3

It’s like asking “So when did you stop beating your wife?”

Maybe they can hold off the ritual airing of racial grievances until Festivus or something.

• LOL 6
  • Love 6

“She really doesn’t have accomplishments of her own but she will stir the pot with the best of them.”

It’s only her second episode. We have yet to learn what, if any, accomplishments she has on her own. 

“It’s obvious already that she has picked Sutton as her target.”

How is it obvious? This was a conversation Kyle started and one Sutton wouldn’t let Crystal get a word in edgewise.

“Sutton is justifiably afraid that they will elect her as the punching bag because her Southern accent will let Rinna and Erica turn her into George Wallace in the schoolroom door to divert attention from their problems.”

No evidence of any of that.

“That’s why she panicked and in her bumbling socially inept way tried to shut down the ritual counting of grievances.”

She had no reason to panic since the conversation wasn’t even about her. Again, she jumped in on a point Crystal was making to Kyle that had nothing to do with her.

“The tell was Crystal asking her if she is "that girl who doesn't see color,"”

Sutton brought all of that on herself. Crystal wasn’t even thinking about Sutton until Sutton jumped in. Sutton opened that door with her reaction.

“It’s like asking “So when did you stop beating your wife?””

Its nothing like that at all.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
20 minutes ago, Feech said:

It’s obvious already that she has picked Sutton as her target. Sutton is justifiably afraid that they will elect her as the punching bag because her Southern accent will let Rinna and Eric turn her into George Wallace in the schoolroom door to divert attention from their problems. That’s why she panicked and tried in her bumbling socially inept way tried to shut down the ritual counting of grievances. 

I found the preview instructive in this regard. Let’s see if it was fake out or will Crystal s problems with Sutton continue.

2 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Yes, 100% agree.

I don't see how she was justifiably afraid that they'd make her the punching bag because of her Southern accent in response to Kyle telling Crystal how she understood what Garcelle had explained to her about being sensitive to what Kyle said because of racial stereotypes, even though Kyle wasn't meaning to invoke them, and Crystal starting to respond that yes, she also understands what Garcelle means because racial stereotypes exist and she's experienced her own as an Asian woman. What would have happened if Sutton had just listened to whatever she was going to say?

2 minutes ago, Feech said:

It’s like asking “So when did you stop beating your wife?”

Err...no it isn't. "When did you stop beating your wife?" intentionally makes beating your wife--a bad thing--at some point part of the premise. Sutton could very easily say no, she was not claiming not to see race, which is just stating the obvious. She would have to see race if she saw herself as justifiably afraid that she'd be turned into George Wallace just because a non-white person brought up racism. That makes it seem like as the white Southern woman of the group, Sutton is the real victim of racism. Ironically, so far she's the one who got her grievances aired!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7