Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E08: Can I Light You Up?

• Start Topic

So crazy to me that "watching child graduate from Air Force Academy" was even remotely considered as conflicting with a 47 year old's birthday celebration. How many people over 21 actually have their "family" party on their actual birthday if it falls on a weekday, let alone on the same day as another family member's significant life event? What adult wouldn't postpone their own take out and grocery store cake "party" if a child wanted to have a goldfish funeral that day? Sheesh! While it's possible Christine is a score keeper about a zillion things, there's never been anything to indicate that she'd ever put any one of the kids (hers or not) behind something that trivial.

As badly as Gabe was screwed over, he seems smart enough to translate it into a killer college admissions essay (which I am thinking Hunter did to get into the Academy). Turning this family sideshow into a college essay about overcoming adversity is the least they should do to advocate for themselves.   

• Like 1
  • Love 22

I've heard it rumored they make $50,000 per episode ($10,000 per adult).  So if there are 13 episode each year, each adult makes $130,000.  I do not see how any of the wives could easily replace $130,000 worth of income if they left the show.  Plus, a majority of their side income via LulaRoe sales depends on them bringing in fans on facebook/instagram to their "live" sales.  Who will watch their live sales if there isn't the allure of Sister Wives' gossip to hope for? 

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
14 minutes ago, smarty said:

I've heard it rumored they make $50,000 per episode ($10,000 per adult).  So if there are 13 episode each year, each adult makes $130,000.  I do not see how any of the wives could easily replace $130,000 worth of income if they left the show.  Plus, a majority of their side income via LulaRoe sales depends on them bringing in fans on facebook/instagram to their "live" sales.  Who will watch their live sales if there isn't the allure of Sister Wives' gossip to hope for? 

Depending on why they left, I can imagine speaking engagements on the pitfalls of polygamy or some such. I think they would be in demand in many circles. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

Did we already discuss how that whole rant from Kody at the rest area with Meri where he was talking about the wife that he wants to leave was really about Christine?  Because he says at one point when he's talking about the wife that is not very loveable "I'm not talking about you Meri".  Then he mentions that wife making snide comments that makes another wife cry.  Do we guess that this means Christine made snide comments causing Robyn to cry, maybe during that breakfast meeting from two episodes ago?

• Useful 4
  • Love 7
17 minutes ago, smarty said:

causing Robyn to cry

Seriously Kody. That's her job. What doesn't make her cry? Certainly no need for snide remarks from anyone for her to turn on the fake waterworks. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 11

He was most certainly talking about Christine.  He said that he wasn't talking about Meri, and he certainly wasn't talking about Robyn, and Janelle is far too lazy to be snide.  So it will be so nice when Christine sits down with her girls to watch this show and hears Kody say that Christine sucks.

• Love 14
6 hours ago, Grifter Lives said:

By the way, the graduation was on April 17, one day before Christine's birthday on April 18.  Meri's & Kody's anniversary was April 21.  So, Kody would have been contaminating 3 out of 4 homes in that timeframe, with the highest risk to Christine's, if he were based there.  And, Robyn and her children came by Christine's on Truely's birthday, April 13, when Kody was staying there. 

Well, dammit, I'll never be able to celebrate my birthday again without thinking of these assclowns.  😭 🤢

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

Did we already discuss how that whole rant from Kody at the rest area with Meri where he was talking about the wife that he wants to leave was really about Christine?  Because he says at one point when he's talking about the wife that is not very loveable "I'm not talking about you Meri".  Then he mentions that wife making snide comments that makes another wife cry.  Do we guess that this means Christine made snide comments causing Robyn to cry, maybe during that breakfast meeting from two episodes ago?

Maybe I've been single and on my own too long, but I don't know why any of them put up with this shit. I know some people are this desperate to not be alone, as I've known some of those people in person too. But I can't understand it. He's only even with them one day a week at the most, and he's not with Meri at all.

Remember after the catfish episode,  when Mariah turned on Meri. That really upset me, because Mariah showed no awareness at all of the role Kody played in her mother's shitty marriage. I'm betting that Mariah won't be such a great spouse either.

• Love 21

Pardon if this has been brought up.  If both Christine's family and Robyn's family are being careful about covid why can't they be in their own bubble together?  If Savannah is missing her siblings, why not allow her to stay with one of her other moms so she can be with her siblings?  Her brothers aren't being cautious and Janelle doesn't understand she is the one who would be ass up on a ventilator so let them be together in their sadness and catpee castle?  Because Kurly wants Robyn time and to catch up on his emails at Christine's (alone time).

• Love 13
20 hours ago, LucyEth said:

Yes, now I recall someone involved in the cat fishing was a friend or acquaintance of Robyn’s.  Maybe they were trying to make room for Mindy to be the next wife of Kody, there were rumors.  

Recently, I read CJ blog from years ago.  The rumor ? theory? was that  Kendra was her accomplice. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

Maybe I've been single and on my own too long, but I don't know why any of them put up with this shit. I know some people are this desperate to not be alone, as I've known some of those people in person too. But I can't understand it. He's only even with them one day a week at the most, and he's not with Meri at all.

Remember after the catfish episode,  when Mariah turned on Meri. That really upset me, because Mariah showed no awareness at all of the role Kody played in her mother's shitty marriage. I'm betting that Mariah won't be such a great spouse either.

I have also wondered about Mariah as a spouse. To me, Audrey seems much more subdued than a bride-(husband wha'ere) to-be should be. She was isolated in Chicago, I think she's still depressed. 

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, Art Of Noiz said:

Recently, I read CJ blog from years ago.  The rumor ? theory? was that  Kendra was her accomplice. 

Yes, I remember the name Kendra, I think she was a friend/acquaintance of Robyn’s.

9 minutes ago, Art Of Noiz said:

I have also wondered about Mariah as a spouse. To me, Audrey seems much more subdued than a bride-(husband wha'ere) to-be should be. She was isolated in Chicago, I think she's still depressed. 

Mariah seems very bossy and demanding just like Meri.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

Depending on why they left, I can imagine speaking engagements on the pitfalls of polygamy or some such. I think they would be in demand in many circles. 

They won't get very much $.  Even the Duggar girls back at their height pre Josh only charged about $15K/speech plus travel.  That was their starting point.  Only beginner event planners would pay the 1st offer and would negotiate down quite a bit (a big DJ wanted $15K, we got them down to $5K easily).  A 5K speech isn't going to put food on the table for a family that size.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
On 4/5/2021 at 5:11 PM, Adeejay said:

I don’t think viewers were surprised to learn that Janelle doesn’t make her bed and is a lousy cook.

I would think Janelle's house is the one Kody wouldn't shower in since she's a slob instead of it being Christine's house. He is so weird. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Pingaponga said:

Gabe is not an idiot. I think he is completely aware that it wasn't so much Janelle telling Kody not to come to the house as it was Robyn telling Kody not to go to the house..."but let's not phrase it that way". Hence the video of Janelle telling Kody she has decided he shouldn't visit, and her saying to him "you owe me for this"...the tell-tale phrase of anyone giving in to a request of someone else. Gabe probably also knows that it was never Meri's idea to divorce Kody so he could marry Robyn, but Kody and Robyn's brilliant idea.

I think Gabe has seen how his father treats his different wives over the years, and is quite simply over it. He knows where his father's loyalties lie, and they aren't with his mother. Or her kids.

There was nothing stopping Kody from visiting Janelle and her kids in the backyard or out front during his 5 week absence. He could have done so safely. But he chose not to.

Yes, based on what we have seen, this has to be it.  It was Robyn who insisted Kody not travel to Janelle's house due to her boys' exposure to work, school, girlfriends, etc.  However, I don't understand why Kody can't have a discussion with the boys to ask them to make a compromise so he can continue to come and go safely and so that their mom and sister aren't exposed to Covid.  Everyone acts like it's all Janelle's responsibility- isn't the premise that there are two parents (or more!)?  

• Love 7
5 hours ago, kassa said:

So crazy to me that "watching child graduate from Air Force Academy" was even remotely considered as conflicting with a 47 year old's birthday celebration.

I was so infuriated by this. It is a very, very, big huge deal to graduate from the Air Force Academy. Hell, it's a big deal just to be accepted in to the academy much less stick it out to finish. My son tried and wanted is so badly but was not accepted. All of these "parents" make me sick.  They have no idea what a great accomplishment is if it bit them in the ass. 

• Love 18
22 hours ago, Shelbie said:

What cracked me up was Kody’s disbelief that Gabe ? Would rather spend time with his girlfriend instead of with him. What teenager wouldn’t rather see their girlfriend ? 
I think both boys realized that Kody couldn’t care less about seeing them and refused to lie to the camera. 

Especially a dad that demonstrably doesn't care if he sees you. Why would I sacrifice for him??

• Love 11
26 minutes ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

However, I don't understand why Kody can't have a discussion with the boys to ask them to make a compromise so he can continue to come and go safely and so that their mom and sister aren't exposed to Covid.

Because he didn't really want to see them and this was a convenient excuse not visit?

• Useful 1
  • Love 12

Christine never even said she was upset that Kody would miss her birthday for Hunter's televised graduation.  He just had to create drama by claiming Christine would hold it against him later.  Christine in fact suggested they could celebrate the day after, but that doesn't make as good of a story for Kody to complain about.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 16
49 minutes ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

However, I don't understand why Kody can't have a discussion with the boys to ask them to make a compromise so he can continue to come and go safely and so that their mom and sister aren't exposed to Covid.

Did they entertain the wearing of masks at all?

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Dobian said:

This isn't polygamy, it's a guy with three ex-wives.  In polygamy, the man alternates between the wives but they all live together and he sees all the wives and all the kids all the time.  This is a guy with a wife and family who drops in to visit this exes and pay them child support.  That's all it is.

Does he pay child support?  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, ReadMeLattice said:

Polygamy isn't a relationship structure I think is generally the healthiest, but a more mature person

That's the point. These 5 people are not mature, healthy, happy or in love. If they are sticking to the "faith" concept as the motivation for this lifestyle, it was fleeting and has failed them. Faith has been replaced by money as the bind that keeps them (somewhat) together. Their onscreen personalities have done a 180. Someone previously questioned their acting ability. I agree, they do not appear to be acting. I see negative, combative or checked out. 

And they never do anything. All those people and all we see is moving, whining, fake business deals, periodic trips, weddings, births and birthdays.  Unless they are having a difficult time obtaining filming approval ie Kody at the gym, Christine in Phoenix selling her MLM, Meri at the Inn with real people - they are very boring people.

Yep, Polygamy is great.

Edited by itsadryheat
  • Love 13
12 hours ago, ReadMeLattice said:

I could not STAND the passive aggressive, manipulative "I know you don't like it when I make my own schedule" comments from Kody to Christine. So transparent when she was very clearly saying that 1) yes, her birthday is pretty important to her because that's one of the very rare times she and Kody get to spend alone together, and more importantly 2) she just wants him to do the basic courtesy of communicating about his schedule so he's not crashing at her house randomly at 9 p.m. with no warning like a drunk college hookup who passes out in your dorm bed.

He is absolutely setting himself up as the victim of "demanding" Christine, who isn't perfect by any means but seems to essentially want the very basic fundamentals of an adult relationship. 

THIS.  Unless I zoned out during this part of the episode (highly likely, for what it's worth), Christine didn't seem upset at all that her birthday was going to be delayed for Hunter's graduation.  But she damn sure should've been able to get a coherent answer out of Kodork when she asked him what the alternate plan would be for her birthday date.  Kody is absolutely setting Christine up as the "demanding" wife, and Meri as the "needy pathetic icky" wife so if and when this family breaks apart, he can be seen as poor, poor put-upon Kody - he tried SO hard, but those shrews he married?  What are you gonna do, amirite?  Meanwhile - and this might just be wishful thinking - I see Meri and Christine finally pushing back against Kody's false narratives with some subtle and not-so-subtle digs and snark against Kody.  This is what I have been waiting for...for the lesser wives to finally understand what Kody and Robyn have done to this family and GTFO.

• Love 20
18 hours ago, CocoPuffs said:

Gee, for some reason I just don’t think she’s that smart. After all, this is the woman who thought a hot, young, vegan billionaire wanted to be with her. I think she is just really desperate and lonely and it’s so sad to me. Even though she was a “B” early on to the other wives, I’d rather see her be forgiven and then move on so she can be happy.

People shouldn’t  be forgiven unless they’re truly sorry and own up to their wrongdoing. I think it’s wrong in this culture that forgiveness is demanded and expected. Yes, forgive, but don’t do so for “closure” until the other person has honestly understood they have hurt another person. Forgiveness should be earned. 

Meri still blames the catfish even though Meri pursued the relationship even after being warned. She’s still a whiny bully. She doesn’t deserve forgiveness quite yet. 

• Love 14
49 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Meanwhile - and this might just be wishful thinking - I see Meri and Christine finally pushing back against Kody's false narratives with some subtle and not-so-subtle digs and snark against Kody.  This is what I have been waiting for...for the lesser wives to finally understand what Kody and Robyn have done to this family and GTFO.

I think it maybe wishful thinking from us scary (clear thinking) monogamists watching the show.  I equate Meri and Christine's digs and snarks against Kody to a chastised child sticking his tongue out behind a parents back.  They are embarrassed because they know how his treatment of them is making them look, and Christine especially is probably taking flak from Gwen for tolerating the emotional abuse. This may  be their only face saving defense in a situation where they feel helpless. 

As I recall, Meri published a long diatribe last week, cautioning all to stop speculating on her motives for remaining and asserting that she is not going anywhere.  Christine has had the Principle so drilled into her, that she cannot believe there are greener pastures, she sees life outside her cocoon to be as bleak and arid as the Plains of Plague.  Christine may hold out faint hope that Kody may have a change of heart one day and awaken to the fact that she is at least as worthy a wife as Robyn and elevate her from the basement, but Meri knows in her heart that's never happening for her.

Kody will not cut the cord because he is more concerned with how it would make him look, and Christine and Meri lack the guts and grit to do so on their own volition.  Stalemate.

• Love 14

Does he pay child support?  

I really want an episode (or more) on the financial house of cards that is the Brown Family Finances. Someone had said that his name was not on the birth certificates for all of his children and the only reason not to have it on there is so that the family can claim benefits without having him on the hook for financial support. They don't seem to have health insurance either and with that number of family members, that just seems like a financial catastrophe waiting to happen (and already has to some degree, regarding the daughter who has scoliosis). I can't imagine how they have anyone extending them credit any longer; even if they are earning something like $650,000/annually (pretax) for being on the show, they spend a fortune on housing and they lost big on the gamble of selling the LV homes. They have to have an absolutely eye watering amount of debt and just the daily costs of keeping everyone basically fed, clothed and housed must be astronomical.

From what I have managed to gather, the family pools all of their income and divides it evenly among the four households. That would seem to indicate that Kody doesn't pay formal "child support." I don't think that any of them have a job apart from the show and MLM schemes, so even if Kody were expected to pay support, I don't know what money he would use to do that.

• Love 4
22 hours ago, Granny58 said:

Even better. how about you stop fretting about having a birthday party.  You're 47 for crying out loud.  Mine come and go unnoticed.  Who cares. 

Until I started watching reality tv, I had never heard of an adult making such a big deal out of a birthday that wasn't some sort of milestone, like 50 or 75.  Adults celebrate their birthdays, if they do at all, by going out to dinner or something, not by wearing little clown hats and buying a cake from the grocery store.

And why doesn't anyone in these families learn how to make a cake, even a cake from a mix?  Is the lard-based neon-colored icing so important?  I think you can buy that stuff in tubes at the store, can't you?  Grocery store cakes are not good.

I never felt anything for Meri (except excitement over wondering which eyebrows she would be sporting at any given time), but now I'm between pity and contempt for her groveling.  I think, no matter what Krusty says, the catfishing episode was what led to the big split.  Of course there was trouble before that--why else would Meri have been looking for love in all the wrong places--but she actually *did* something about it.  It was clear that she was ready to leave Krusty, and he knows it.  His feelings are hurt, but even more his pride as Alpha Male went down the tubes, where it will remain as long as Meri stays with the family.

If she wants Krusty back (yuccch) she ought to start by no longer referring to her emotional adultery as "catfishing," as if the thing most wrong about the episode was that someone tricked *her*.  She is not the victim, and she refuses to acknowledge that.  Jimmy Carter used to say that adultery committed in the heart is just as culpable as adultery committed in the flesh, and I suspect Krusty feels that way, too--hell, I do.

Her attitude ought to be that of the sinner asking--begging--for forgiveness, not of the wronged woman who was tricked into betraying her husband.  No wonder he despises her.

• Love 14

Why don’t these women just have an honest open group conversation, like Festivus and air their grievances with each other.  Maybe Kody should be there too.  So sick of them getting together individually or as a group and saying nothing.  They solve nothing!  They are all miserable and maybe they need to really clear things ups.  Also, they need to stop being afraid of what another wife is doing or thinks.  Take the one big house idea for instance, if 3 out of 4 wanted it, well sorry Christine this is what the family is doing find a way to live with it or go away.

About Christines Bday, she wants her alone time and personal attention from Kody.  She doesn’t care if it s a day or two after or before her Bday, she just wants it, after all, Robyn gets it.  She despises Robyn but will never admit it! 

• Love 9
On 4/5/2021 at 10:44 AM, itsadryheat said:

After watching him devolve, I do not believe he even likes women but his drug of choice is being adored, idealized, worshipped. A low level, mainstream cult leader. Most cult leaders are very charismatic.  Cult leaders' charisma also helps them set up a power imbalance between them and their followers. They'll create crisis situations. They thrive on chaos. Their unpredictable nature and charisma allows cult leaders to be in control — which is by design. Example: inability to have create a family schedule, but choosing pop ins.

Kody Brown is a bottomless pit of ego need. Meri, Christine and now Covid are pushing back on Kody's need for chaos and control. I think what we are seeing is the real Kody Brown. They are all such poor communicators, passive-aggressive and immature, I want to believe Meri is poking the bear on purpose. Her couch snark and non anniversary conversation was so calm. 

Wonder where does this guy goes after the show. The AUB doesn't want him back, who would hire him?

This is a good analysis.  And I certainly wonder what happens after the show which got a lot of its mileage from Meri and the catfishery.   In re-watching this mess, there is a scene where Kody and Meri are with Nancy and he admits to having had issues with Meri for at least 12 years. It is also the season with Maddie marrying or the one immediately following so it is probably 2016 and 12 years before that is around 2004 which is about 5 years before they started filming.   So he has trouble already with wife  #1 and wife #2 has actually left the family once and returned and he goes on tv to pitch the idea of a normal, polyg family living in perfect harmony and wanting to buy the world a coke??  

It is somewhat painful to see the flashbacks to season one where Christine is excited about living in ONE HOUSE with Robyn, Meri, and Janelle.  Now all she wants is to go back to Utah.  Meri is already more often in Utah.  Janelle seems willing to follow Kody so if he goes back, she will as well.  I think Robyn will hang around as long as she can have her mansions.   If Kody cannot afford to keep her happy, he will be useless to her and she will start looking for another mark.

The HMS Kody Brown is in danger of going aground, because the captain has decided it is too much trouble to pilot the boat.  Janelle is sleeping in a  deck chair, Kody is trying to push Meri overboard, Robyn is locked in the captain's quarters wearing her VS lingerie, and Christine is lurking outside her cabin trying to catch Kody's attention.   Meanwhile 16 children have manned the life boats and are paddling away.

Back to the 12 years of Meri problems---- I think Kody enjoys toying with Meri's emotions.   Their relationship is somewhat like the question about the chicken and the egg.   Is it Kody's treatment of Meri that makes her so needy, indecisive, and unhappy or is it the reverse?  All we can tell is that it is a vicious cycle that they are engaged in.

I knew all my binge-watching would probably result in at least one dream about these morons, and it happened last night when I dreamed Kody sneaked up in the snow behind Meri while she was at an ATM----possibly withdrawing her TLC money???--- and killed her.   I was able to prove he did it, because he was stupid and was caught on multiple cameras.   There was a woman who had a date with him that she was scared to break so we told her to go and that we would make a phone call to her so she could pretend their was an emergency and leave.   He was livid that she got up and left him at the table.   She looked like Robyn.

• LOL 4
  • Love 16
14 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I really want an episode (or more) on the financial house of cards that is the Brown Family Finances. Someone had said that his name was not on the birth certificates for all of his children and the only reason not to have it on there is so that the family can claim benefits without having him on the hook for financial support. They don't seem to have health insurance either and with that number of family members, that just seems like a financial catastrophe waiting to happen (and already has to some degree, regarding the daughter who has scoliosis). I can't imagine how they have anyone extending them credit any longer; even if they are earning something like $650,000/annually (pretax) for being on the show, they spend a fortune on housing and they lost big on the gamble of selling the LV homes. They have to have an absolutely eye watering amount of debt and just the daily costs of keeping everyone basically fed, clothed and housed must be astronomical.

You're absolutely correct about that.

My late brother and his second wife were practically professional system suckers.  They didn't put my brother's name on their second child's birth certificate for the exact reason you stated...to collect benefits without fear of my brother being held responsible to pay child support.  

14 minutes ago, Mothra said:

I never felt anything for Meri (except excitement over wondering which eyebrows she would be sporting at any given time), but now I'm between pity and contempt for her groveling.  I think, no matter what Krusty says, the catfishing episode was what led to the big split.  Of course there was trouble before that--why else would Meri have been looking for love in all the wrong places--but she actually *did* something about it.  It was clear that she was ready to leave Krusty, and he knows it.  His feelings are hurt, but even more his pride as Alpha Male went down the tubes, where it will remain as long as Meri stays with the family.

If she wants Krusty back (yuccch) she ought to start by no longer referring to her emotional adultery as "catfishing," as if the thing most wrong about the episode was that someone tricked *her*.  She is not the victim, and she refuses to acknowledge that.  Jimmy Carter used to say that adultery committed in the heart is just as culpable as adultery committed in the flesh, and I suspect Krusty feels that way, too--hell, I do.

Her attitude ought to be that of the sinner asking--begging--for forgiveness, not of the wronged woman who was tricked into betraying her husband.  No wonder he despises her.

And the way the entire debacle unfolded in such a public manner.  

And here's Meri, dragging in other "victims" to prove to the family that none of this was her fault.  

She acts like she was ripped off sending money to a fake Nigerian prince out of the goodness of her heart rather than having a tawdry online affair with a "man" she 100% believed was real and was making arrangements to meet and consummate the relationship.  

Ugh.

• Love 12

Meri stays for a combination of reasons, imo, her diatribe on Instagram notwithstanding. It’s definitely money, and some vestiges  left of her religion and feelings for Kody that keep her around ( at least for filming). 
Also, as others here have posted, she can control the show narrative to some degree by still filming. She can show just how insensitive and cruel Kody the narcissist can be.

If Kody were to man up and cut Meri loose as a spiritual wife, he looks like the bad guy. If Meri left, the others, particularly Robyn, can fake dry-cry about how Meri gave up on the family, etc.

• Love 13
20 hours ago, smarty said:

Now,see, I think he *was* talking about Meri, and he said so in an aside or TH to the audience, that he didn't want to give Meri the excuse of feeling attacked while he told her his feelings about her.  Any time Meri rose to the bait, Krusty jumped on it--"I'm not talking about *you*, Meri."

Further, why would he choose Meri, whom he obviously holds in great contempt, to confide in about another wife's shortcomings?

• Useful 4
  • Love 6
21 hours ago, Pingaponga said:

Gabe is not an idiot. I think he is completely aware that it wasn't so much Janelle telling Kody not to come to the house as it was Robyn telling Kody not to go to the house..."but let's not phrase it that way". Hence the video of Janelle telling Kody she has decided he shouldn't visit, and her saying to him "you owe me for this"...the tell-tale phrase of anyone giving in to a request of someone else. Gabe probably also knows that it was never Meri's idea to divorce Kody so he could marry Robyn, but Kody and Robyn's brilliant idea.

I think Gabe has seen how his father treats his different wives over the years, and is quite simply over it. He knows where his father's loyalties lie, and they aren't with his mother. Or her kids.

There was nothing stopping Kody from visiting Janelle and her kids in the backyard or out front during his 5 week absence. He could have done so safely. But he chose not to.

If I were Robyn, I would also have been concerned about the boys’ exposure. i don’t blame her at all for not wanting Kody to risk exposure. I can’t understand why Janelle was so blasé. The boys could have been isolated and all the other families, if following guidelines, could have interacted freely. And Kody certainly could have paid distance visits to all households. Or does he only bother visiting if he gets to poke the wife?

• Love 3

If I were Robyn, I would also have been concerned about the boys’ exposure. i don’t blame her at all for not wanting Kody to risk exposure. I can’t understand why Janelle was so blasé. The boys could have been isolated and all the other families, if following guidelines, could have interacted freely. And Kody certainly could have paid distance visits to all households. Or does he only bother visiting if he gets to poke the wife?

Janelle is very passive and seems to have no say in what her sons are doing, but it's not like Kody showed up to actually help PARENT his children. Nope, Kody sat at a distance and criticized. He didn't sit in the backyard in a lawn chair and have an actual conversation with his grown sons. That would take too much effort. 

• Love 18
(edited)
1 hour ago, LucyEth said:

Why don’t these women just have an honest open group conversation, like Festivus and air their grievances with each other.  Maybe Kody should be there too.  So sick of them getting together individually or as a group and saying nothing.  They solve nothing!  They are all miserable and maybe they need to really clear things ups.  Also, they need to stop being afraid of what another wife is doing or thinks.  Take the one big house idea for instance, if 3 out of 4 wanted it, well sorry Christine this is what the family is doing find a way to live with it or go away.

About Christines Bday, she wants her alone time and personal attention from Kody.  She doesn’t care if it s a day or two after or before her Bday, she just wants it, after all, Robyn gets it.  She despises Robyn but will never admit it! 

I honestly wish they’d all just yell at each other at least one time and get it over with. the quiet passive aggressiveness, festering wounds that never heal, and barely repressed bitterness and resentment are driving fans up a wall. I can’t IMAGINE actually being around them. At this point I’d almost rather just see them scream and call each other names a few times. I can feel the tension from the constant torture of the little pokes and jabs and barbs through my TV screen, for God’s sake. 

Edited by ReadMeLattice
  • Love 15
56 minutes ago, Mothra said:

Now,see, I think he *was* talking about Meri, and he said so in an aside or TH to the audience, that he didn't want to give Meri the excuse of feeling attacked while he told her his feelings about her.  Any time Meri rose to the bait, Krusty jumped on it--"I'm not talking about *you*, Meri."

Further, why would he choose Meri, whom he obviously holds in great contempt, to confide in about another wife's shortcomings?

Because up to that point he'd been pulling his punches with her? The whole conversation from the moment she got in the car was variations on the theme: "Every time I see you I throw up in my mouth a little bit". 

I remember that admission in the TH and not understanding the tactic...but it is Kody and why would I expect him to make any decisions that make any rational sense..

• Love 8

Finally an episode that had me not fallen asleep within 10 minutes.

I live for the Meri & Kulty drama- and when he said he is not sure if Meri really still loves him or just clings on to anything or something similar, I was laughing so hard that Mini Coldplay almost woke up.

Meri disgusts me. Her "desperate" attempts to win back Kulty are just so fake. She is not in love with him, she is in love with what they had in the past, her being the First Bitch, bullying Janelle, taking advantage of Christine and sucking up to Robyn to have an ally, THAT'S what she is missing and mourning.

She cheated on Kulty, plain and simple, and humiliated him and the whole family on national TV, so why should he make an effort to stay with her? Why???? If there would be no Sister Knives, he would have divorced her and rightly so. People get divorced for less actually.

I am sick and tired of people defending Meri, who is doing what she does best- playing the victim. Kulty is being cruel to her, no doubt, but it's because Meri is not getting the message in a nicer way.

HE HATES YOU, MERI. HE IS DISGUSTED BY YOU, MERI.

Him just ignoring her texts does not get through Meri's thick leathery skin, so now, after YEARS of him using every tactic to get rid of her, he is just being plain cruel. And still, Meri wants to KISS him. 

That passive aggressive bitch- If I was Kulty, I would have slapped the fuck out of her after she said she wanted to kiss him, maybe THAT would finally get her back to reality.

Side note, if Meri's nose get's any bigger, it needs its own zip code- for real, WTF is wrong with her nose? Is she doing coke or sth? I can see her and Blah Michael having a good time together with that. 

What a trainwreck.

• Love 16
2 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Someone had said that his name was not on the birth certificates for all of his children and the only reason not to have it on there is so that the family can claim benefits without having him on the hook for financial support.

That’s part of it.  However I think it was also so the polygamy wasn’t as obvious.  If you are repeatedly fathering children with multiple women who live next to you and your legal wife ..... 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Coldplay said:

I live for the Meri & Kulty drama- and when he said he is not sure if Meri really still loves him or just clings on to anything or something similar, I was laughing so hard that Mini Coldplay almost woke up.

Meri disgusts me. Her "desperate" attempts to win back Kulty are just so fake. She is not in love with him, she is in love with what they had in the past, her being the First Bitch, bullying Janelle, taking advantage of Christine and sucking up to Robyn to have an ally, THAT'S what she is missing and mourning.

She cheated on Kulty, plain and simple, and humiliated him and the whole family on national TV, so why should he make an effort to stay with her? Why???? If there would be no Sister Knives, he would have divorced her and rightly so. People get divorced for less actually.

I am sick and tired of people defending Meri, who is doing what she does best- playing the victim. Kulty is being cruel to her, no doubt, but it's because Meri is not getting the message in a nicer way.

HE HATES YOU, MERI. HE IS DISGUSTED BY YOU, MERI.

Him just ignoring her texts does not get through Meri's thick leathery skin, so now, after YEARS of him using every tactic to get rid of her, he is just being plain cruel. And still, Meri wants to KISS him. 

That passive aggressive bitch- If I was Kulty, I would have slapped the fuck out of her after she said she wanted to kiss him, maybe THAT would finally get her back to reality.

Side note, if Meri's nose get's any bigger, it needs its own zip code- for real, WTF is wrong with her nose? Is she doing coke or sth? I can see her and Blah Michael having a good time together with that. 

What a trainwreck.

I love all of this. Additionally, what Meri is doing to Kody is bordering on sexual harassment. He doesn’t want it, she keeps pushing. If it was a man doing this to a woman, everyone would be flipping out. 

Meri is gross and has no sex appeal whatsoever. Add in her shitty personality and we’re left with a fat, self-absorbed bully who won’t accept rejection. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, ReadMeLattice said:

I honestly wish they’d all just yell at each other at least one time and get it over with. the quiet passive aggressiveness, festering wounds that never heal, and barely repressed bitterness and resentment are driving fans up a wall. I can’t IMAGINE actually being around them. At this point I’d almost rather just see them scream and call each other names a few times. I can feel the tension from the constant torture of the little pokes and jabs and barbs through my TV screen, for God’s sake. 

I'd pay good money to watch that shit.  😄 

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
(edited)
35 minutes ago, Coldplay said:

I tend to agree with this post to an extent as well. While it's easy for us all to say that she should have been able to have an emotional affair because he's always been with 4 women, that's what they signed up for and have signed up for for 30 years. Is it unfair in the sense of being unequal? Yes. But I wouldn't be, like, angry at a couple in a BDSM relationship for having unequal power dynamics they both consented to. Or angry that a man in a couple that both agreed to an extremely traditional relationship with traditional gender roles wanted to be the only one who worked outside the home. Or angry that a Muslim woman wore a hijab when her husband doesn't have to. That's what they agreed to.

Meri is a full grown adult and clearly outside the influence of the Browns' former church, which pretty much kicked them out. She has an openly gay daughter whose wedding she's paying for. I don't think in any way that her religion is an influence in her choice to stay. 

So if we take that premise -- i.e., the bounds of the relationship the Browns have set up -- then Meri cheated at least emotionally, while Kody isn't cheating. Would I be in a relationship like that? Hell no. But she is, and willingly signed up to promote that type of relationship on national TV. 

And if she'd had the affair and then been like "fuck you, Kody, I'm out of here and going to find a man who treats me right and doesn't have this double standard," I'd have been 1 million percent on her side.

But she did the opposite! She had an affair, lied and said she didn't, still maintains the lie, treats everyone else like crap over it, and now pushes Kody who is clearly not interested (and who I cannot stand even more, don't get me wrong) to bang her. *She* is the one who still runs all over social media defending her marriage and defending polygamy when people criticize Kody. It's really, REALLY hard for me to have any pity at this point. I still have a *little,* but it wanes just about every time I see her on screen. 

Edited by ReadMeLattice
  • Love 16

Meri’s no saint for sure, but If Kody is so disgusted by her and wants nothing to do with her, then he should divorce her. I mean, he’s already done it once legally, why can’t he just walk away from her? There’s no longer any legal entanglements other than the land, since Mariah is over 18. Kody likes to bitch about everything and everyone but never actually does anything to fix a problem. 

• Love 17
8 minutes ago, ReadMeLattice said:

But she did the opposite! She had an affair, lied and said she didn't, still maintains the lie, treats everyone else like crap over it, and now pushes Kody who is clearly not interested (and who I cannot stand even more, don't get me wrong) to bang her. *She* is the one who still runs all over social media defending her marriage and defending polygamy when people criticize Kody. It's really, REALLY hard for me to have any pity at this point. I still have a *little,* but it wanes just about every time I see her on screen. 

I don't have pity for her and I believe that she needs to take ownership in this situation however, Kody is equally at fault. We've watched for years as Kody played favorites with his wives. Sure they signed up for polygamy but that doesn't give Kody the right to abuse the emotional needs of his wives. He said it himself "I don't feel like meeting the emotional needs of my wives." While his wives have clearly struggled over the years he has done nothing to acknowledge, value and cherish them.

The legal marriage was all that Meri had. When that was ripped away, he did nothing at all to acknowledge the moment. Did they have a spiritual renewal ceremony? No. Instead he had a celebratory hop skip and jump with Robyn on camera.

Meri though at fault, was extraordinarily isolated and vulnerable - easy prey for cat fishing. She was pushing Kody away but only after she had already been pushed away by him.

3 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

Meri’s no saint for sure, but If Kody is so disgusted by her and wants nothing to do with her, then he should divorce her. I mean, he’s already done it once legally, why can’t he just walk away from her? There’s no longer any legal entanglements other than the land, since Mariah is over 18. Kody likes to bitch about everything and everyone but never actually does anything to fix a problem. 

Agree!

• Love 17