Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E08: Can I Light You Up?

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, CocoPuffs said:

I so agree about Robyn. One thing is for certain - Kody does whatever she wants. And it’s incredulous that they don’t see this within the family. If they do, I’m ready for somebody to just say it straight up. Who will it be? My money is on one of the older kids.

Probably the October twins--Gwen and Gabe.

• Love 6

I have never heard Kody say such evil, vile things, ever, and for him to have had the nerve to invoke his religion in explaining his views/actions, is despicable.

Surprised that no one mentioned more of his awfulness, in teasing Truely with the pinata, which he knew she didn't like, but he wanted to do it because he enjoyed it.

4 hours ago, chuckity said:

I would totally watch a show with Meri, Christine & Janelle moving into a big house together (suck it Kody) and re-joining single life.

Possible show titles:

Sister Wives:  Love should be subtracted

Genius!!

16 minutes ago, b2H said:

No one is happy in these relationships and a true polygamist marriage looks like the Dargers and not like the Browns.  

But we have no idea what that marriage is really like...we only know what we see on TV, or what someone says about it, or what's on SM (if the Dargers have a presence there).

• Love 9

I didn't read all the comments, so I'm sure others have echoed my sentiments, but that situation with Kody and Meri, really is gross!!  And why she wants to kiss that piece of crap is just beyond me.  Those "date" scenes were actually painful to watch.  

• Love 9
2 hours ago, itsadryheat said:

Internet rumors that Robyn and her nanny/relative Mindy Jessop had some degree of pot stirring culpability in the catfishing drama. Can't remember what or where I read it, but knowing what we know now about the Dark Queen, her rise to the top and disconnect from her "friend" Meri, wouldn't be surprised.

Yes, now I recall someone involved in the cat fishing was a friend or acquaintance of Robyn’s.  Maybe they were trying to make room for Mindy to be the next wife of Kody, there were rumors.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 2

Kody: If you want me to romance you again, you need to show me something, I need that magic.

Meri: Well I do that but you aren't interested.

Kody: Well yeah, but...do you have to be so technical about it?

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, lgprimes said:

just think he is being very selfish as far as the COVID risk. I heard him say “I’m not at risk” (presumably because he is young and healthy), which is a jerk attitude to have.

As some have stated before, this was filmed long ago when most were still trying to figure out what Covid was and how to deal with it. With all the contradicting information (to this day even!) and the little we knew at that time, I can't really blame him for behaving like this. He would probably react completely different if we could ask him today.

4 hours ago, Sandy W said:

It was stated on the show that Gabe ranked in the top 10 (not percent) academically of the 800 students in his school.  He was also on course to become the captain of his wrestling team, so he no doubt would have been eligible for academic as well as athletic scholarships.

This! That's what I meant in my previous post. That move to Flagstaff was not only disruptive and sad to a teenager, but also destroying everything he worked for! We got proof of his serious attitude toward school later on when he tried to cram two semesters (or two entire years into 1?) into one to graduate earlier (When Kody had no clue he was doing that, remember?) That boy had his future planned with school and quite possibly a scholarship he worked so hard to get, only for dad to crush it just like that. That is so cruel! 

Unless..of course... Kody is trying to educate Gabe in being as irresponsible, impulsive, live-by-the-day, ignorant about money, and uneducated like himself!

• Love 19
3 hours ago, kassa said:

I kind of see it as the opposite - he hates that she throws herself at him on camera where he has to reject her in contradiction to his "I can never figure out where Meri stands on our relationship" copout for their relationship breakdown. Of course, I don't think she's sincere about it, either - I think she fully knows and accepts it's over (except for the show) and is trying to make him look bad. So it's a weird little dysfunctional pas de deux. 

Okay, that's a great point.

Let's meet in the middle and agree they're both loathsome?

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Onceafan said:

Take a look at Kody’s language: “I’m trying to get Meri to realize some things that might help her improve her life.” Or “I’m trying to help Meri determine if she has a spark or if she is just lonely for anything.”

So under this guise, Meri is the only one that needs development, and clearly doesn't know her own mind or feelings. In reality, Kody is trying to implement his own will/agenda onto Meri. As Kody stated, he can’t tell her where they are at, they need to agree on it, so Kody can maintain his image.

Ugh. This. Kody's attempt to come off as some wise life-coach/teacher in this moment and provide Meri with some kind of "guidance" is really fucked up. Kody's religious beliefs/personal code of ethics only come into play when he wants to justify his own cowardly behavior and save his precious ego and bank account. A decent human being with real strength and moral purpose would make the tough call to end this relationship, cuz it's clearly done. It takes two people to create a dynamic, (or in this case, five), and Meri absolutely needs to own her part in all this, but I found Kody's cruelty hard to watch.

Other takeaways:

The short scene with just the Janine kids sitting on the patio talking about their dad...not only do Garrison and Gabe seem completely disgusted by their dad, but they seem completely over the filming of their lives.

Savannah- I feel so badly for her.

Janine and Kody's reunion- I actually sensed real filling there as they hugged...we're  not talking epic passion for the ages/Jack and Rose on the Titanic, mind you, but why wouldn't Kody be relieved to be back at the house where the wife doesn't ask anything of him...the kids, however? Totally different story...Gabe couldn't even look at his dad.

Kody + Meri's non-anniversary picnic: why didn't they go to their precious Coyote Poop Pass rather than what seemed to be a strip of scrubby dirt off the highway? It seems like their lil' piece o' magic has been quickly forgotten...or purposely avoided.

• Love 15
12 hours ago, Twopper said:

If he doesn't want people to take sides or have opinions, DO NOT have a tv show that puts your whole family on display for 15 seasons and stay off of SM.   

EXACTLY!  Well said... 👍🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

• Love 8
(edited)
22 hours ago, eskimo said:

So Kody's faith and conscience won't allow him to tell Meri she needs to leave, but it WILL allow him to treat her like worthless garbage until she leaves on her own.  That's an interesting faith and conscience you got there, Kody...  

I don’t feel sorry for Meri. She’s been a passive aggressive, whiny, game playing untruthful hag for years. Meri continues to be passive aggressive and play games as she showed last week with the girls (and them not being there). She tricked Kody. Then she expects him to be interested in her? She’s waiting for him? 

Yeah, no way. She just can’t accept that Kody has been done with her since the catfish, and she’s only gotten fatter and gratingly more whiny and desperate since (and her constant claims of being a “strong woman” indicate otherwise).  

Kody hates her. Honestly I wish he’d get it over with and just tell her she disgusts him. 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, suev3333 said:

stay off of SM

Speaking of Social Media, they are even on Linkedin. One of the last places this Expert Brown Snarker ever thought they would slink into and found it full of humor and a surprise or two.

linkedin.com/in/christine-brown-4636008b

linkedin.com/in/janelle-brown-0419307a

linkedin.com/in/robyn-brown-b9751267

linkedin.com/in/mindy-jessop-b4382b132

Nothing for Meri or Kody Brown Family Entertainment, but bonus find for one of the PA’s.

• Useful 5
  • Love 1
(edited)
10 hours ago, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

I think Kootie has earned Gabe’s attitude many times over and I also think many more of the children feel the same way, but Gabe has just been pushed over the edge of caring what his dad thinks and is going to say exactly how he feels.  Look for it to go either way in subsequent episodes; either Gabe will get fewer scenes because Kootie doesn’t want viewers to hear what he has to say, OR he will get more scenes because the production company will think it’s hilarious and makes for good reality TV.

I have not watched this show for years/ just come here to get everyone’s thoughts.  Right now this reminds me of Hunters’ despair and meltdowns when they abruptly moved to Vegas.   And yet here Kody is again abruptly moving kids around for no real reason... and it’s Janelle’s kids that are negatively impacted again. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 15
7 hours ago, NoWhammies said:

Yes. Gabe, Ysabel,  Gwyn, and Aurora are all old enough to have been massively jerked around by two moves with almost no discernable reason, and that has to be unbearable for them. ETA actually a 3rd move for Aurora because she also was yanked from St. George to Lehi.

The kids have all been moved a lot.   I believe their book discussed how often they had moved when the kids were small ( a lot).  They had only moved to the house in Utah about 5 years before the show started. 

• Love 2

I just can't with Robyn and her self-righteous talking heads.  "Wives need to be flexible, Kody has so much going on..." (paraphrased because I can't be bothered to rewatch).  She's probably the most inflexible of all and taking up 95% of his time by making demands on him. Does she really think any of her acting is fooling anyone but Kody?  

I agree with other posters that the 3 other wives need to leave that asshat and start a new show.  Cancel the Robyn and Kody show and let them live within their means for a change.  

• Love 14

The way this family agonizes over every s.i.n.g.l.e. decision, miniscule to life changing, is exhausting and Janelle and her family and Kody trying to cope with if, and then when, Kody would be permitted to come over took the cake.  OMG, OMG, OMG!  I had to either fast forward thru some of it or go bald from pulling out my hair, it gave me so much anxiety listening to them, especially Janelle, trying to rationalize and make a decision; it was agony.

• Love 9

I watched the first part of the episode. After not seeing her husband for a month, Janelle sure didn't put any effort into her appearance for their reunion. I would say she looked like she was dressed to clean her house, except that we know she never actually cleans her house. But she was looking rough. No makeup, crappy clothes. And their kiss was like a sibling kiss. They really do have a brother and sister relationship. 

• Love 7
5 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

Wives need to be flexible, Kody has so much going on..

My interpretation, without having heard  the rest:

Kody is going to be with me, get over it .

• LOL 1
  • Love 19
1 minute ago, ginger90 said:

He didn’t know at one point that Gabe had a girlfriend. He didn’t know Mariah had left the state.........but:

9F4DA57E-DB1D-4517-9B0E-82C7158C1511.jpeg

And this attitude is why I don't think Gabe and Garrison were being unsafe to most people's definition.  They just weren't being ROBYN SAFE.  How could Gabe and Garrison ever meet his requirements unless they didn't leave the house at all.  

• Love 16
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

My interpretation, without having heard  the rest: Kody is going to be with me, get over it.

Gabe interpreted the situation the same way.  In the backyard, Gabe declared that the family is no longer. His comment should have been heartbreaking to Janelle, but she did not react.  However, on the couch interview with Kody's grand arrival, she comforts Kody the Alpha Male, who had been experiencing such anxiety about coming over, and sold out her children.  She didn't ask Kody to modify his behavior.

Janelle framed the situation for Kody as if their sons' anger was silly and they were fretting the worst-case scenario.  She told Kody, "Don't roll your eyes, but this is how they're feeling."  She then told Kody that Gabe and Garrison were angry and "alarmed" that [Janelle and Kody] were somehow going to wreck the family."  She explained that they were so alarmed that they were "a little bit" angry with Kody, to the point where they thought, "What the heck is the matter with Dad?"  (She read their minds verbatim, I'm sure.)

Kody's response was to stare away and then complain that Gabe copped an attitude of, "This is all so stupid."  (He didn't mention that Garrison was in the kitchen, but didn't join them in the living room immediately.)  He then lists all his precautions and says that he questions if the medicine is worse than the disease.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
48 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

He didn’t know at one point that Gabe had a girlfriend. He didn’t know Mariah had left the state.........but:

9F4DA57E-DB1D-4517-9B0E-82C7158C1511.jpeg

He is just so full of crap.

If he did interrogate anyone it was to have a reason that sounded plausible so he didn’t have to go see anyone he didn’t feel like seeing. Janelle’s boys see right through him and since he can’t have that he thought he was punishing them by staying away. 

• Love 18
(edited)
6 hours ago, Raynedon said:

The way this family agonizes over every s.i.n.g.l.e. decision, miniscule to life changing, is exhausting and Janelle and her family and Kody trying to cope with if, and then when, Kody would be permitted to come over took the cake.  OMG, OMG, OMG!  I had to either fast forward thru some of it or go bald from pulling out my hair, it gave me so much anxiety listening to them, especially Janelle, trying to rationalize and make a decision; it was agony.

Kody was fretting that Christine would begrudge him that he would celebrate Hunter's graduation from the Air Force Academy instead of her 47th birthday, which supposedly on the same date.  He worried that she'd throw it in his face for years after.  In her whispery voice and with a very concerned look, Christine alleviated his fears: "Let's do my birthday another day.  That's super easy."  Later, we see that their entire graduation celebration was his going to Janelle's house to watch a livestream. 

By the way, the graduation was on April 17, one day before Christine's birthday on April 18.  Meri's & Kody's anniversary was April 21.  So, Kody would have been contaminating 3 out of 4 homes in that timeframe, with the highest risk to Christine's, if he were based there.  And, Robyn and her children came by Christine's on Truely's birthday, April 13, when Kody was staying there.

Kody's solution was to move Christine's birthday celebration to the day after - her actual birthday.  Christine then explains how she didn't mind, because it was "super, super important," and she starts speaking even faster, repeating,  "In plural marriage, this has happened before." 

Edited by Grifter Lives
typo & addendum
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
(edited)
15 minutes ago, Grifter Lives said:

Kody was fretting that Christine would begrudge him that he would celebrate Hunter's graduation from the Air Force Academy instead of her 47th birthday, which supposedly on the same date.  He worried that she'd throw it in his face for years after.  In her whispery voice and with a very concerned look, Christine alleviated his fears: "Let's do my birthday another day.  That's super easy."  Later, we see that their entire graduation celebration was his going to Janelle's house to watch a livestream. 

By the way, the graduation was on April 17, one day before Christine's birthday on April 18.  Meri's & Kody's anniversary was April 21.  So, Kody would have been contaminating 3 out of 4 homes in that timeframe, with the highest risk to Christine's, if he were based there.  

Kody's solution was to move Christine's birthday celebration to the day after - her actual birthday.  Christine then explains how she didn't mind, because it was 'super, super important," and she starts speaking really fast and repeating herself, saying "In plural marriage, this has happened before." 

To be fair to Kody, according to the USAFA the graduation ceremony was on the 18th

CLASS OF 2020 GRADUATION

Graduation Week for the Class of 2020, and the 62nd Graduating Class begins on Monday, April 13 and concludes with the Graduation Ceremony on Saturday, April 18.

You are so right that Kody did a lot of back and forth that week between houses.  But but but it's ok because it was only Kody going between houses.  Heaven forbid the kids go see the other house.  

Edited by smarty
  • Useful 5
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, NotinKansasanymore said:

OMG! Kody ran faster than the roadrunner back to the car to get Meri a second coat after she suggested they cuddle together under the blanket.

So cringey. Meri just can’t get it through her head that she repulses Kody. I just can’t feel sorry for someone so stupid and oblivious. 

• Love 8

I think she is playing her part for the show. Without Meri and Kody's drama there wouldn't be a show. No show no money. I have all ideas that she knows she and Kody are finished and she most likely doesn't care. 

• Love 18
(edited)
14 hours ago, SuzieQ said:

I didn't read all the comments, so I'm sure others have echoed my sentiments, but that situation with Kody and Meri, really is gross!!  And why she wants to kiss that piece of crap is just beyond me.  Those "date" scenes were actually painful to watch.  

Kody doesn't like Meri and he seems mean about it. They keep saying its bc of the catfishing. She would not have been searching for something and would not have invested so much into that, if he was giving her any kind of attention or care. You can tell by what he says that he doesn't even like her. His eye was and is on Robyn. The story re why he divorced Meri is baloney.  He wanted to be married to Robyn now, and he had to "sell it" to the others and the audience. He is full of so much bullshit! I hate reading many comments over the years trashing Meri. I feel really sorry for her. I wish she'd get away.

As for ko-dick's question as to whether each of these women would be better off without him, I say a resounding YES!!

Edited by antfitz
  • Useful 1
  • Love 20
On 4/5/2021 at 10:14 AM, MollyBrown said:

Kody raging to himself when he was alone in the car was window into his personality.   There is a lot of negative feelings going on behind his beady eyes.   

My partner said he looked like someone on his way to a mass shooting.

• Love 13
(edited)
2 hours ago, smarty said:

And this attitude is why I don't think Gabe and Garrison were being unsafe to most people's definition.  They just weren't being ROBYN SAFE.  How could Gabe and Garrison ever meet his requirements unless they didn't leave the house at all.  

And Garrison had to show up for the Guard, right? I thought I heard him say that anyway. And I also thought I heard Gabe say he was just seeing his HF? (Not sure.) if she was also being safe, then that’s little risk. But still, they could have isolated the two boys somewhere in one of the larger houses, everyone else could have stayed safe and interacted freely. And of course, Kody could have at least shown up for regular outdoor visits, walks, etc. But how boring. 

Are there many adults anywhere who would pout about a graduation inconveniently happening on their birthday and causing a scheduling conflict? Christine isn’t 3; of course she rolled with the situation. But Kody has to make EVERY. THING. A huge deal 

And finally: if your family is still struggling constantly about everything after 20+ years, it is NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN (TM) Christine. Especially when no one is trying. 

Edited by Tabbygirl521
  • Love 15
(edited)
21 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

That house looks like it smells like cat pee and sadness.  Messy, possibly boogers on things, stinky socks.  Just ew. 

This, and it's in strong part due to her misshapen, lumpy brown faux-suede furniture that has that sheen on it from sweaty bodies sitting on it for too long.  I also imagine it smells like unwashed yoga mats and BO.  Sorry, but Janelle comes across as slovenly on her best days, and she's admitted herself that housework doesn't really do it for her.

19 hours ago, NihadsWife said:

I wonder if Robyn told Kody to finally put his foot down on his and Meri's relationship on camera. It was like Kody was saying in different ways how he didn't want to be with Meri. The end of their date and the ending was weird to me. When they were saying happy anniversary to each other and Kody was smiling so hard lol. Maybe Meri feeds his ego lol.

I think in this way, Kody is very similar to Robyn in that they both get their jollies by being adored and worshipped by their lowly subjects - i.e., the Big Three.  Robyn lives to be envied so she can pretend to be concerned that Kody spends all his time with her.  Kody loves having Meri grovel after him and beg for his scraps so he can reject her - but at this point, I do think that Meri is playing a low-key, well-crafted game with Kody.  Maybe she's starting to inch one foot out the door and is testing him to see if he'll pull her back in because her catfish dilemma was, after all, what kept this show on the air.  So he owes her and I think they both know it, which is why he's not willing to outright tell her to stop trying to win him back.  He'd get back with her if it meant he got to keep cashing those TLC checks.  His hair plugs aren't going to pay for themselves.

18 hours ago, CocoPuffs said:

The sad part is that I really think he can be swayed in absolutely any direction on any given day, depending on what Robyn wants. That is sad and pathetic for a supposed head of such a large family. Grow a pair. 

He had a pair....but Robyn removed them and shellacked them, and they now hang from the rear-view mirror of her minivan as decoration.

15 hours ago, Shelbie said:

I think both boys realized that Kody couldn’t care less about seeing them and refused to lie to the camera. 

And I think that Gabe in particular is also frustrated with Janelle for being a wishy-washy Eeyore when it comes to their dad as well.  Every outside scene with her and her kids was Janelle whining, "well I don't know.....I don't know what to do....I don't really know what dad is doing either...."  I think Gabe and Garrison see that she is going to defend their absentee sperm donor over them all day long and that makes them justifiably angry.

14 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

He gets to pretend that he made polygamy work with her.

BEST explanation of Kody's "love" for Robyn.

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 2
  • Love 18
44 minutes ago, antfitz said:

As for ko-dick's question as to whether each of these women would be better off without him, I say a resounding YES!!

Here's my take on that - none of them, other than Meri, would leave if he turned them loose. 

They are all women of low self-esteem, used to being "led" by the "prophet" and would be unable to function without him.  Having him as the titular head of the family but only physically present very often gives them the stability they need to live indepently of him for the most part.  Only Janelle has any education to speak of and she's too lazy to go off on her own.  Sobyn and Christine have no skills whatsoever so would starve. 

I don't think Meri really has much cash, her money is tied up in the mortgages and the MLM so she wouldn't go far and sticks around for the TLC money at this point.  And I think she has an unnatural obsession with Kody that she will never break unless the other sister wives drive her off because she is so toxic.

Once the TLC gravy train jumps the track I predict an implosion with Kootie trying to push them all off the sinking ship (sorry for mixing metaphors) while at least three wives cling to the bow.  He might keep King Sol onboard with him but I think he'd ditch the rest of the crowd in an heartbeat including Sobyn.  I think he's getting tired of her having him by the short hairs.

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
46 minutes ago, antfitz said:

Kody doesn't like Meri and he seems mean about it. They keep saying its bc of the catfishing. She would not have been searching for something and would not have invested so much into that, if he was giving her any kind of attention or care. You can tell by what he says that he doesn't even like her. His eye was and is on Robyn. The story re why he divorced Meri is baloney.  He wanted to be married to Robyn now, and he had to "sell it" to the others and the audience. He is full of so much bullshit! I hate reading many comments over the years trashing Meri. I feel really sorry for her. I wish she'd get away.

We can only draw our conclusions from what we have been exposed to on the show.  Kody did say that the issues between Meri and himself preceded the catfish situation and Mei did not dispute this.  It's possible that Kody withdrew affection from Meri because he felt that she was not all in with the polygamous lifestyle, as she had led him to believe that she was.  There is no question that Meri made life a living hell for Janelle and to a certain extent, Christine and many of their kids.  Not to defend Kody, because I don't feel he would make a good candidate for even a monogamous marriage, but if we are looking at cause and effect, we would need to be privy to the root cause.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
12 hours ago, itsadryheat said:

Speaking of Social Media, they are even on Linkedin. One of the last places this Expert Brown Snarker ever thought they would slink into and found it full of humor and a surprise or two.

linkedin.com/in/christine-brown-4636008b

linkedin.com/in/janelle-brown-0419307a

linkedin.com/in/robyn-brown-b9751267

linkedin.com/in/mindy-jessop-b4382b132

Nothing for Meri or Kody Brown Family Entertainment, but bonus find for one of the PA’s.

I need to add them to my network!  I wonder if any recruiters have contacted them, there are opportunities now in supply chain management.  I can't wait to read Sobbin;s resume!

• LOL 7
(edited)
On 4/6/2021 at 7:21 AM, antfitz said:

This isn't polygamy, it's a guy with three ex-wives.  In polygamy, the man alternates between the wives but they all live together and he sees all the wives and all the kids all the time.  This is a guy with a wife and family who drops in to visit his exes and pay them child support.  That's all it is.

Edited by Dobian
  • Useful 1
  • Love 13
14 hours ago, LilyDutch said:

That move to Flagstaff was not only disruptive and sad to a teenager, but also destroying everything he worked for! We got proof of his serious attitude toward school later on when he tried to cram two semesters (or two entire years into 1?) into one to graduate earlier (When Kody had no clue he was doing that, remember?) That boy had his future planned with school and quite possibly a scholarship he worked so hard to get, only for dad to crush it just like that. That is so cruel! 

Unless..of course... Kody is trying to educate Gabe in being as irresponsible, impulsive, live-by-the-day, ignorant about money, and uneducated like himself!

I do not like Kody.  I think his  Polygamous Experiment has created three and a half unhappy wives and  13 emotionally neglected children, I will give him credit for wanting the kids to go to college.  Maybe it is because he didn't go to college himself or at least I don't recall that he has mentioned any formal education after high school for himself.  Meri went to a community college for at least a semester, maybe a full academic year.  Robyn took math in college. I am guessing Janelle had a few accounting classes in a college or business school.

I detest Janelle, but I think her work ethic/escape in the early years of the family translated into encouraging her kids---especially the boys-- to work hard so that they can support a family without a tv show.  Logan has wisely gotten out of Dodge.  Hunter got admitted to and graduated from a service academy which isn't the easiest path.  Gabe is a good student and will probably do well.   Garrison is working.   It is too early to tell about Savanah.  Maddie at least had some college and is married to a man with a stable income, and they have  gotten about as far out of Dodge as they could, but she and Caleb do seem to like being on tv, and she is taking after Meri with her mlm and shilling on SM.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, NoWhammies said:

I think Meri knows exactly what she's doing. By playing like she's super into him and wishing he'd make up, she's earning sympathy from some viewers while exposing to all viewers just what an ass Kody totally is. In doing so, she's also exposing Robyn. So Meri is being stealth and doing it quite well, I'd say. It's the only "power" she currently has other than her personal finances. I think she's getting back at all of them. 

I believe a lot of her sales of LuLaRot are from her army of sycophantic sympathetic "fans."  It's making her money, and I would bet she doesn't care that her downline more than likely are a lot less successful than she is.  The more she boo-hoos, the more $ she's getting.

• Love 11
19 hours ago, Onceafan said:

Oh wow guys, many pages of notes on last night’s episode Let’s start with Kody/Meri shall we? Cause I have a lot to say about Kody/christine, and Kody/Janelle and her children. Counselor hat on.

It is too bad that the Brown family doesn't have you as their counselor instead of Nancy.  

This whole interchange between Meri and Kody is very similar to the one they filmed in the backyard of the cul-de-sac when Mariah and Kody wer both emotionally punishing Meri for her catfishing excursion.   And that was probably 5 years ago.   In his talking head, Kody said he regretted letting that scene be filmed.   I bet there are a bunch of other scenes he would like redacted.

• Love 11
38 minutes ago, Dobian said:

This isn't polygamy, it's a guy with three ex-wives.  In polygamy, the man alternates between the wives but they all live together and he sees all the wives and all the kids all the time.  This is a guy with a wife and family who drops in to visit this exes and pay them child support.  That's all it is.

I doubt he even pays them child support. I think they’ve said before that they divvy up the money between the 5 adults equally. I bet that Kody keeps his share for himself (and Robyn) and doesn’t pay a dime for the kids because that’s their mom’s responsibility. 

• Love 4
13 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

I don’t feel sorry for Meri. She’s been a passive aggressive, whiny, game playing untruthful hag for years. Meri continues to be passive aggressive and play games as she showed last week with the girls (and them not being there). She tricked Kody. Then she expects him to be interested in her? She’s waiting for him? 

Yeah, no way. She just can’t accept that Kody has been done with her since the catfish, and she’s only gotten fatter and gratingly more whiny and desperate since (and her constant claims of being a “strong woman” indicate otherwise).  

Kody hates her. Honestly I wish he’d get it over with and just tell her she disgusts him. 

I don't care for Meri either but my point really has nothing to do with anyone other than Kody.  He needs to hop on down from that high-horse, because he doesn't treat anyone but Robin very well.  So he can lose me with his comment about his great ethical behavior. 

• Love 16
7 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

I doubt he even pays them child support. I think they’ve said before that they divvy up the money between the 5 adults equally. I bet that Kody keeps his share for himself (and Robyn) and doesn’t pay a dime for the kids because that’s their mom’s responsibility. 

If this is true then Janelle looks to be the one that might have a little something left later on.  She's not blowing it all on her housing budget.  If Meri were smart she'd have done the same.  With no kids at home she could be socking away a lot of money for the future, but she want's a big, expensive, empty house for some reason. 

• Love 6