Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E08: Can I Light You Up?

• Start Topic

Kody finally returns to Janelle's house, but the larger family conflict over COVID-19 rules continues to grow; it's Kody and Meri's 30th anniversary, and Kody shows no interest in rekindling a romance, despite Meri's intense interest.

Air Date: April 4, 2021

I’m back. I’m just floored because though I realized polygamous women had to do without their fair share of sex, I didn’t realize polygamous men were turning down so much of it.

1 minute ago, eskimo said:

While I agree with this, I also have a feeling the problem here isn't just polygamy.   From what Kody has shown us, he'd probably be a pretty horrible monogamist partner as well.  

Lol!  But it looks like he’s doing his best by Robyn. 😜

• Love 12

I always believed all these sister wives are playing a role and now I'm sure of it!  Meri has been lead several seasons!

We had two seasons of catfishing, one season of Mariah and her big news and now we have Meri looking refreshed and really made up wooing the irresistible Kody.

Not sure where they come up with these plots but they sure are able to sway the audience and line Kody and wives pockets with gold!

We hated Meri but now we think she's looking good, funny, lovable and a woman wronged.

Lol they playing with us!

• Useful 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 15
52 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I always believed all these sister wives are playing a role and now I'm sure of it!  Meri has been lead several seasons!

We had two seasons of catfishing, one season of Mariah and her big news and now we have Meri looking refreshed and really made up wooing the irresistible Kody.

Not sure where they come up with these plots but they sure are able to sway the audience and line Kody and wives pockets with gold!

We hated Meri but now we think she's looking good, funny, lovable and a woman wronged.

Lol they playing with us!

Could be, could be...  🤔

However, if the next season is all about Mariah, I'm out!  I'm guessing Meri is expecting huge payback for the princess and her weddingk, after sitting through all the others. I remember when she told Aspyn that she wanted her to have the wedding that she wanted.  Aspyn turned her down flat, and I thought "good on you, for surely  there's strings attached!"

Mykelti and Tony's wedding childishness and myopia was enough to last me for a lifetime, I can't imagine how bad Mariah is gonna behave.  👀

• Love 7

The whole 2nd half of the episode was so uncomfortable.  Kody saying he had never been cruel...while being cruel was special.  

I do think the fact that Meri doesn't go see Janelle and Christine or their kids speaks volumes.  The wet bar and Mariah being put up on this pedestal always rubbed me wrong as did the B&B mess but...I can't help but feel sorry for her. 

She's pathetic and lonely and is being punished not just for her 5+ year old sins but seemingly for all of Kody's frustrations. 

• Love 17

I know I'm probably just stating the obvious at this point, but Kody only visits Janelle and Kristine out of obligation to his kids.  He wouldn't be visiting either of them in the pandemic if not for that.  Meri doesn't see anyone?  Then why the $@%! is she even LIVING near the rest of them?  I truly believe that if not for the cameras Kody wouldn't have anything to do with her at all.  As time goes on it becomes increasingly and painfully obvious that his divorce from her was a REAL one, not just the dissolution of a legal piece of paper to adopt Robin's kids like they tried to sell us.  I never bought that.  They must think we all just fell off the turnip truck.

It's annoying to watch Janelle's sons whine about having to social distance when they're the reason their household is less safe.  Shouldn't they understand that that's a function of their occupations, etc?  I also don't get how Janelle doesn't see that they put HER at risk.  Why is it all about Kody?  She's the poster child for severe Covid, not him.  Gabe and Garrison think the whole thing is a joke.  Kind of hard to see that attitude after over 500,000 people (including my Dad) have died from it.  I sure hope they have changed in time about that.

I don't understand why all of them couldn't have met in one place and they all just sit outside distanced?  It makes absolutely NO sense.  Did they not get that part of the equation?  It's better than not getting together at all.  Sometimes I think these people have such rigid ideas about their relationships that they can't think outside their little box.

Meri needs to make an effort?  At this point the ball is in HIS court.  How FOS and condescending to even suggest that after HE's the one that dumped HER and continues to avoid her.  She has to make herself "more loveable"?  GTFO, what a narcissist.  Just stick a fork in these two, they're done.  They're in the same place they were years ago and nothing's changed.  So why belabor it?  Because they need fodder for the TV show?  His faith doesn't allow him to divorce?  I have news for him, they are in every sense of the word DIVORCED and Kody trying to invent a new reality where that isn't the case to stick to some kind of religious obligation isn't going to make it true.  Besides, it's only for the cameras that they are even in the same scene together much less "married".  If these people would just stop acting (and I do mean "acting") like there is anything left to talk about between them they'd be a lot better off.  They're just resurrecting a dead issue for the show.  I really don't believe Meri still holds the torch for him.  She has to have moved on by now or she would be crying and upset.  It's mostly about the show for her now, that's obvious because she literally has no other reason to still be there.

• Love 23
20 minutes ago, MollyBrown said:

Kody raging to himself when he was alone in the car was window into his personality.   There is a lot of negative feelings going on behind his beady eyes.   

He's scary.

• Love 19

I am vacillating on whether Kody and Meri’s bit this season is fake or naw. If it’s indeed fake, I’m truly appalled at Meri portraying herself this way to a younger generation of ladies. 

If Kody doesn’t love Meri, he just doesn’t. It no longer matters how that came to be, whether because of Robyn or the catfish or both, Kody done moved on, child.

I feel like, “Y’all might be tryna trick us, but ya’ll ain’t trickin God”, so why keep bringing it up that they’re technically keeping their (loop-hole) faith. Not buying that for sure. 

So I guess I’m back to - they’re faking this. And if they’re making enough money to fund four, I mean three, households, I guess I shouldn’t blame them. BUT if the shows are going to be this painful and uncomfortable and contradictory and socially irresponsible, why not just own the original truth in the first place? I guess because no one saw all this coming. Otherwise... 

10 minutes ago, LilyDutch said:

TweetQuote from Kodouche: “This isn’t a fight or situation that people should take sides or even give opinions. It is our problem and we will work it out as we should. This happens in marriage, so what you think of me is none of my business.”

• If we are not allowed to take sides or give opinions, then don’t be on a blood reality show!
  • We will work it out as we should: Meaning what exactly?? You’re the perfect (best) example of how NOT to work things out!
  • This happens in marriage: No it doesn’t. People divorce when they no longer love each other and when the respect has flown out of the window. Oh wait....you already divorced one and are not married to the other two...

Has this idiot ever considered hoe much damage he does to his kids by appearing as this massive douche-bag and trashing their mums on (inter)national tv??

THIS!!!! ❤️

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
(edited)

Furthermore! Meri bullying someone to convince Kody to throw her some love is wincingly reminiscent of Leah trading Rachel some fresh mandrakes for a night with Jacob. What fruit does Robyn like?

Edited by Just Wondering
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

One thing that struck me last night...during the Roadside Anniversary Celebration, Meri tries to engage Kody in a conversation about them. About her. He ducks his head, pretends to blush (ffs!). Somehow, Kody extrapolated Meri needing him to talk about her to him ranting about another wife or wives' unhappiness. 

He veers it to "Family", not unlike Christine's sucky Pirate Anniversary. 

I can't be sure if this was all editing. Editing aside, Kody is a skilled deflector. 

A conversational terrorist.

• Love 22
4 minutes ago, Cetacean said:

To what does the episode title refer?  I can't stomach watching or listening so am just here for the snark.  What's "lighting up" all about?

Perhaps it’s from the use of the word, rekindling?

1A5957D3-AEF6-4776-AEC2-C71053EC5ED6.jpeg

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, Cetacean said:

To what does the episode title refer?  I can't stomach watching or listening so am just here for the snark.  What's "lighting up" all about?

I suspect it refers to the fact that, as they recorded one another on their nonniversary, they had their phone flashlights on as it got dark outside.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

OH and raise the other hand if you're stunned that Robyn is teasing the idea of having another baby.  Still waiting............

I wouldn't be stunned if she did have another. But I was stunned at the idea that she would have another. My jaw literally dropped at that teaser.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
(edited)

Let's be real. Meri is hanging on for the TV exposure so she can continue to collect the paycheck. If Mr. Right comes along after the show is over, she will be over, too. 

Gabe gives no shits about showing his contempt for Kody right in front of his face. I like Gabe because he's always been a straight shooter and doesn't care if the camera is rolling. 

Christines house is ugly. 

1 hour ago, Teafortwo said:

I wouldn't be stunned if she did have another. But I was stunned at the idea that she would have another. My jaw literally dropped at that teaser.

She's 42. It won't be so easy to get preg again. Unless she's fertile myrtle. 

Edited by bichonblitz
Wrong names. Gabe not Caleb.
  • Love 15
7 minutes ago, NotinKansasanymore said:

I really think Robyn claims to the peacemaker, but then goes back and tells Kody that she is feeling bullied by Meri, or tells Kody something Christine said about why she doesn't want to live in one house, and she just stirs the pot, by playing victim, and gets Kody riled up so that he is angry at the other wives.

💯! Robyn plays Kody like a fiddle. He has no idea how she plays him.  

• Love 23