Type keyword(s) to search

Jed! and Katey: Biblically Bunking Together

Message added by Scarlett45

I know Jed ran for office, it is not allowed for discussion here due to our Politics Policy. (The show is Cancelled)

Please do not discuss his campaign OR anyone else's. Unauthorized discussion of Jed's political campaign will result in warnings. Please PM the mods, @Scarlett45 and @deaja if you have questions. 

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I have to say, Katey has a personality.

Take that any way you want.

To me, Katey comes across as role-playing her version of "dutiful Fundie wife." If her dad hadn't gotten her sucked into a cult, she'd probably be cool as hell to hang out with, but her current personality seems a bit affected.

Austin going over to hug both Jed and Katey surprised me. The majority of the Duggars didn't even get up out of their seats.

Gracie is one freaking cute kid. 

I was positively horrified at Katey's version of the Walmart events. For starters, taking a pregnancy test in a disgusting public bathroom; but I damn near fell out when she mentioned opening the plastic wrap with her teeth. Does she have any clue as to how many pairs of hands touched that box between its' manufacture and landing on the store shelf?! And in the middle of a global pandemic, no less. She better have one hell of an immune system.

• Love 17
8 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I hope things go well for Katey, but I can't muster any fucks to give. Ditto for when Claire announces.

Yep. Like, what else is there. 

6 hours ago, quarks said:

Yes. 

Yes you did.

I mean the sheer amount of WTF in that video can't even be believed when watched:

1. Desperately needing to go to the bathroom but deciding that opening your box of pregnancy tests first is more important.

2. Doing all that at WALMART instead of, I dunno, waiting ten to fifteen minutes to do this at home.

3. The whole failing to watch the road while filming thing.

4. Leaving the van running/unattended at the Walmart the next day because they weren't sure if they could get it started again.

5. Blaming that on "owning a used car lot," like, dude, your potential customers could be watching this video and you just admitted that your car lot contains vehicles that might not start up again after they are turned off.

6. Including the bit where the little toddler was picking her nose. I did like the later bit when the kid was like, this is boring, can I have water now? Stand up for your rights during family videos, kid! 

7. The baseball stadium more or less screwing up the announcement.

8. Everyone there mostly missing the announcement and looking around confused by all of it.

9. Most of the kids going, ok, whatever, another kid.

10. Someone saying "I was expecting an announcement sooner," uh, whoever you are, these two have only been married a few months. Did you want people to start speculating about what may have happened before the wedding?

11. Not a mask in sight. (I know, I know, outdoor event, but, still. That was an outdoor event with a lot of contact, and whatever is happening with the adults, the kids there weren't vaccinated.)

12. Deciding to try to memorialize the entire fiasco on a baseball.

Every single bit of that sounds horrible. 

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Reddit says this is in the video - the reaction to the announcement. I guess Jim Bob let the mask slip a little.

EC7F818A-5534-43DD-9A5C-B278F47F3ADC.jpeg

Jim Bob needs to lay off the Just For Men hair color. Either that, or he's been putting shoe polish on his helmet head. 

Give it up, Mullet. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 9
13 hours ago, Zella said:

Hasn't it been closed for almost 2 years now? I think ever since it closed, his ass has been planted at home doing nothing. 

No, that was Smuggar's satellite lot. The original lot, Champion Motorcars (not sure about Motorcars, maybe Motors?), is still open. Jed lives in the house on the property. 

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Useful 9
  • Love 4

My favorite part of the video is where they leave the van running while in the store just in case it won’t start. And Katey says something like yeah cos ya know, we own a used car lot. Do they not have a car of their own so it’s pick whatever from the lot? That seems bizarre. And the van that may or may not start was the best choice.

• Love 19

I can't believe that Katey took her test IN the Walmart bathroom and posted a video admitting it! What a bizarre couple they are! Katey is a boring story teller too. These two probably deserve each other. That video was Duggar craptastic.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, BetyBee said:

These two probably deserve each other.

That's what I think. He's Smuggar II (let us hope without the perversions!) and she's - a good match for him.

Edited by Jeeves
Punctuation. It's a thing.
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, BetyBee said:

I can't believe that Katey took her test IN the Walmart bathroom and posted a video admitting it! What a bizarre couple they are! Katey is a boring story teller too. These two probably deserve each other. That video was Duggar craptastic.

Do they not realize how dumb and hillbilly-ish this whole situation was? And sharing it with the world?

• LOL 10
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, galaxygirl76 said:

Didn't Joe and Kendra get pregnant really fast?

Jill/Derrick, Joy/Austin & Joe/Kendra all had honeymoon babies. Jed & Katey aren’t unusual in the Duggar family or the Fundy circle in general by conceiving in the first 6 months of marriage. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, ozziemom said:

My favorite part of the video is where they leave the van running while in the store just in case it won’t start. And Katey says something like yeah cos ya know, we own a used car lot. Do they not have a car of their own so it’s pick whatever from the lot? That seems bizarre. And the van that may or may not start was the best choice.

Maybe they grabbed one that they know needs a lot of fixin' and won't sell fast.

21 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Do they not realize how dumb and hillbilly-ish this whole situation was? And sharing it with the world?

I'm really tired of people using "hillbilly" as a pejorative. Some of my family comes from Appalachia, but I think it's safe to say most would think doing a pregnancy test in the Walmart restroom isn't cool. And most of them aren't dumb. 

Let's just say Duggarish. That covers practically the entire spectrum of self-centered, self-absorbed, tacky behavior. If Duggarish doesn't get it all, certainly Batesish will. 

8 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Jill/Derrick, Joy/Austin & Joe/Kendra all had honeymoon babies. Jed & Katey aren’t unusual in the Duggar family or the Fundy circle in general by conceiving in the first 6 months of marriage. 

Joe is the only born Duggar male to get his wife pregnant faster than Jed, though. If she's due in April, their anniversary month, he's beat Smuggar 1.0. 

Sorry, Derick and Austin, you don't count. 

• Love 19
1 minute ago, Heathen said:

I'm really tired of people using "hillbilly" as a pejorative. Some of my family comes from Appalachia, but I think it's safe to say most would think doing a pregnancy test in the Walmart restroom isn't cool. And most of them aren't dumb. 

Let's just say Duggarish. That covers practically the entire spectrum of self-centered, self-absorbed, tacky behavior. If Duggarish doesn't get it all, certainly Batesish will. 

I didn’t watch the video, but all I could think of when I heard they took the test at Walmart was that I hope they paid for the test before they used it. 😂 

• LOL 10
  • Love 5

Other than Jeremy, I have always felt that the in-law was more level-headed relative to the Duggar child that he/she married. I kind of feel like Katey is more Jed!'s equal in terms of Duggarish behaviors. The other "equal" spouse is Anna in my opinion. Whereas I feel like all of the other in-laws kind of tolerate the Duggarish behavior but it's not something that they would do themselves. 

• Love 20
2 hours ago, Zella said:

On behalf of other hillbillies, I'd just like to say that I have some pretty serious white trash in the family, and none of them have ever taken a pregnancy test in a Walmart bathroom. And if they did, they at least had the dignity to not tell other people. I feel like this is somehow a level below standard hillbilly behavior. 🤣🤣🤣🤣 I don't even know how to classify it. 

I have a feeling she was attempting, and failing, to copy carlin’s pregnancy announcement in target. Not quite the same, honey. 

1 hour ago, Heathen said:

You have more siblings than fingers. 

Your mom has a mullet. 

Haha. This list could go on and on!

• LOL 12
4 hours ago, Heathen said:

Joe is the only born Duggar male to get his wife pregnant faster than Jed, though. If she's due in April, their anniversary month, he's beat Smuggar 1.0. 

Sorry, Derick and Austin, you don't count. 

Heathen...coming from Kentucky...I say...with the way the world is going....the hillbilly;s in Appalachia are the only ones that will survive...lol

• LOL 2
18 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Reddit says this is in the video - the reaction to the announcement. I guess Jim Bob let the mask slip a little.

EC7F818A-5534-43DD-9A5C-B278F47F3ADC.jpeg

This is what Jim Boob looks like before sexy times with the wife. That's what Mechelle looks like during sexy times. 

Walmart can hire these people for a commercial. Have lunch in Walmart. Get your car serviced in Walmart. Take a pregnancy test in a Walmart bathroom.

Yeah, hillbillies come in different stripes. Many are not religious. Many don't want a bunch of younguns.

You know you're a Duggar if you know mama's menstrual cycle.

Edited by babyhouseman
  • LOL 14
  • Love 5

For some reason, all I can picture is a commemorative sign going up identifying the stall where a Duggar bride found out she was pregnant. Though I guess at least that's not as bad as having the baby conceived (or born) there...

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • LOL 16
45 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

For some reason, all I can picture is a commemorative sign going up identifying the stall where a Duggar bride found out she was pregnant. Though I guess at least that's not as bad as having the baby conceived (or born) there...

These are the Duggars you are talking about........don't give them any ideas! On the sign, the conception or the birth. If it would get their show back, they might go for it!

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
36 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Walbert or Walberta for the first name 🤣

Jedidiah Walbert Duggar. I think Jed is the type to want a junior, or at least kids with J names. There will be some weird names coming if they opt for Js. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
On 9/6/2021 at 2:52 AM, Zella said:

I know I called Jed an asshole for this earlier, but I feel duty-bound to also call her an asshole for this too. I'd only seen the caption on Instagram and hadn't realized they also literally posed with it in the photo shoot. 

Someone on Reddit said they thought the sign meant she had an STD.

• LOL 16

I love how the other people in the audience are basically looking at them like they're freaks.

In other questions, what happened to Katey's nose? Did she rub bronzer down the bridge of it (why)? Did she annoy just one too many people, as is the Duggar way, and pay the price? Did she lie out in the sun at a particular angle? Inquiring minds want to know.

• Love 1