Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 1/25/2021

falltime
  • Start Topic

Digesting today's show, which I watched on my DVR:

1. I celebrated two birthdays during MeAgain's rant in the opening Hot Topic about coal and clean energy.

2. Whoopi still can't pronounce Q-Anon. She insists on calling it Kwan-in.

3. Between MeAgain, Wendy Williams and Bevy Smith on our TVs this week, one can only guess Greta Monahan has a special 'Feel Good Friday View Your Deal' for XXL big-breasted women. Between Wendy and Bevy, this show should have gotten a stern 'MA' rating on this week's episodes - 'for mature audiences only'.

4. Sara Haines and her little pink top with little lace collar was brought to us today by Hallmark Cards.

Edited by LetsStartTalking
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2
44 minutes ago, Back Atcha said:

Nicolle WHO?   Just kidding (and I don't like when people write/say "just kidding)...  I've read that Nicolle is still a bit sad that she was let go...but just LOOK where she landed!  She's a Top Dog now.  Meghan couldn't handle that job.

Yeah Nicole has two straight hours on MSNBC M-F. With the way Meghan's been speaking lately (rapidly spoken rants without any pauses), she'd probably lose her voice doing a show like Nicole's. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, bannana said:

MeAgain doesn't want the country to create new clean jobs to help both the economy and the climate, because....John Kerry has a private jet.

MeAgain doesn't believe in solar energy which she herself said has been around for decades because Bill Maher can't get solar panels installed?

This is why I find her much less effective than Ana as a conservative pundit. Ana produces counterpoints, Meghan says these things that seem to come from nowhere.

• Love 13
5 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Yeah Nicole has two straight hours on MSNBC M-F. With the way Meghan's been speaking lately (rapidly spoken rants without any pauses), she'd probably lose her voice doing a show like Nicole's. 

She'd pass out from asphyxiation first.

• LOL 10
  • Love 2

Hearing the trust fund baby of a trust fund baby calling someone elitist is laughable.  Coincidentally, my tv somehow landed on Fox “News”.  While I almost sprained my wrist in the effort to change the channel, I was entertained by a smirking blonde ranting about elitist John Kerry telling the poor to “suck it up” and flying around in his private jet.  Meghan doesn’t have a single original thought rattling around in that head. 

I’m glad they finally covered that raving lunatic from Georgia.  I recently saw the footage of her stalking and yelling at David Hogg, traumatized survivor of a school shooting, making sure he knew she was currently carrying. She proudly had this recorded so the world could see her harassing a teenager and calling him a coward.   

Meghan doesn’t approve of Greene being removed.  She doesn’t approve of Cruz, rabble rouser to the insurrectionists, being removed.  What crime does she deem worthy of removal?

• Love 20
1 hour ago, AryasMum said:

Meghan doesn’t approve of Greene being removed.  She doesn’t approve of Cruz, rabble rouser to the insurrectionists, being removed.  What crime does she deem worthy of removal?

A crime that any democrat participates in.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 15

I know someone who got in on the GameStop thing and made a bunch of money. Then he got nervous and backed away.

I can hear Meg scoff each time someone calls Cruz out.

Go get her, Ana. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 20

And we're off to the races within the first five minutes of the show ! MeAgain is certainly a delight. (Though she did make the most sense).

In a wise move, they gave Sara a soft-ball question about 'what's happening in the Republican Party ?' instead of going back to the GameStop / stock market topic, probably knowing she'd be a completely out of her league trying to answer that.

Edited by LetsStartTalking
  • Love 3

I think they cut Meghan and Ana's mic at the end.

I feel like most will side with Ana...but I kind of on Meghan's side here. The GameStop (which is EB Games for my fellow Canadians) is a big deal and to bring up the topic to just say "I don't care." Is typical for the View but I don't like it when it happens. I do think giving a check is more important, but the topic was about this so....

Meghan did throw a fit though, which doesn't help matters. 

I don't really care about stocks (it's too close to gambling for me, so I just avoid it) but it is a huge story. AMC is the next one the redditors were planning on buying next.

Edited by MeThinkMeNot
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5

I’ve decided that it’s not fair to give the ladies equal time. Motor mouth Meghan gets out 500 words out a minute to the others’ 100 and she just simply gets too many words, lol. Can she talk! Then after her 10 different point lecture, another person will make one point and she interrupts. Meg, honey, they don’t pay by the word. Take it easy on our ears!

• LOL 16
  • Love 1

Did Meg site a “Marxist” poll?  (I rewound to check.). Did she mean Marist poll?

Meghan is so concerned with foreign organizations that provide safe abortions, yet she couldn’t care less about the separated children. 

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 1
  • Love 14

I’m glad Kate Bedingfield reminded Meghan that she knows President Biden well.  I really wish, though, that just once, after one of Meghan’s word salad questions, someone would just answer her with, “shit happens, Meghan.”

• LOL 16
  • Love 2
44 minutes ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

Meghan saying "There's the 1% and the rest of us." Which made me laugh, because Meghan comes from money. Her mom's side is loaded. Lol.

Princess lacks self-awareness 

• Love 19

my cable provider (comcast) usually posts the shows next day, but they skipped ep 86 (tuesday) with wendy williams. I also checked the abc site and it did not show up until yesterday (it's still not listed on comcast). The cynical part of me (like 95%) suspected that Wendy herself had probably tried to quash it.  I have long considered her a vile creature in general, but after finally seeing her segments, I am pretty convinced that she is not a well person at all (not that I particularly care, but still...)

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Sara has something on her cheek, acne or a rash. I had to look away it gave me goosebumps.

I wonder if Meghun suggested the gamestop topic since the other ladies didn't even know or care about what is going on.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, GiveMeSpace said:

They show a video of Trevor Noah explaining the Gamestop thing and then Meghan comes on to re-explain? Why?

They did it to make it 100% clear they have no idea what the Gamestop thing is about. (being sarcastic here!)

Meghan is the last person (next to Sara) that they should had TRY to explain it.  If they wanted to get it accurate bring Rebecca Jarvis, the ABC finance person and let Sunny or Ana ask her questions.

Edited by OnTime
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
15 minutes ago, falltime said:

I wonder if Meghun suggested the gamestop topic since the other ladies didn't even know or care about what is going on.

16 minutes ago, OnTime said:

They did it to make it 100% clear they have no idea what the Gamestop thing is about.

Did they not understand it or had they not heard about it?  It's been all over the news. Online and TV. How could they be unaware of it?

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

Did they not understand it or had they not heard about it?  It's been all over the news. Online and TV. How could they be unaware of it?

I was being sarcastic! 

They made a poor attempt at trying to explain the Gamestop controversy and they proved they had no idea what they were talking about.

• Love 2

I think I should refer to Meghan as Her SOURPUSS TWATNESS from now on.

During Keegan’s first few comments twat barely cracked a smile as the rest of the panel laughed about the time he popped balloons with his butt.

And still she’s muttering when Ana was stating HER opinion about the whole GameStop story. HER SOURPUSS TWATNESS  has NO IDEA of what’s happening; unlike GameStop, Wall Street and  hedge fund managers aren’t interested in making Disney, Apple, etc.,  FAIL. Even Stephen Colbert explained it so a 10 year old could understand.

I wish Ana had told her “I’m talking now” just to shut her up.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • LOL 7
  • Love 8
47 minutes ago, pachebo said:

my cable provider (comcast) usually posts the shows next day, but they skipped ep 86 (tuesday) with wendy williams. I also checked the abc site and it did not show up until yesterday (it's still not listed on comcast). The cynical part of me (like 95%) suspected that Wendy herself had probably tried to quash it.  I have long considered her a vile creature in general, but after finally seeing her segments, I am pretty convinced that she is not a well person at all (not that I particularly care, but still...)

Somehow Wendy survives as a long running talk show host. 

Katie Couric, Anderson Cooper, Meredith Viera, Ricki Lake, Harry Connick Jr, Queen Latifah and long list of others have come and gone. Drew Barrymore will likely join that list too.

Wendy is still there in her chair.

10 minutes ago, OnTime said:

Katie Couric, Anderson Cooper, Meredith Viera, Ricki Lake, Harry Connick Jr, Queen Latifah and long list of others have come and gone. Drew Barrymore will likely join that list too.

I have a relative that comments on every Wendy Williams story that pops up on FB.  And the comments are always negative.  People like to watch a train wreck.

• Love 1
23 hours ago, deirdra said:

When they are back in the studio, MM can wear it during Fleet Week when they traditionally fill the audience with members of the Navy.

Oh, oh, oh! She can join the "girls" on the re-boot of Sex and the City!

19 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

Nicolle WHO?   Just kidding (and I don't like when people write/say "just kidding)...  I've read that Nicolle is still a bit sad that she was let go...but just LOOK where she landed!  She's a Top Dog now.  Meghan couldn't handle that job.

Yeah, Nicole is big now. I loved back last month when she had Leslie Jones on. "NicKAAAAAAY." 

Edited by carrps
left off a period
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

"I, I, I, me, me, me".  Can't she ever just ask the freaking question?  Wouldn't we assume it was something she cared about by virtue of the fact that she was doing the asking.  But TGIF and thanks for Ana!

• Love 11

Ana made a big mistake as the show was closing today, and she wanted to pay tribute to Cicley Tyson who passed away yesterday. As soon as she cut in with it, Joy quickly shut her up to say 'We're going to save that for Monday with Whoopi'. I guess Ana didn't get the memo ? I knew something was up when they didn't mention it in the beginning (though they didn't mention Cloris Leachman's passing yesterday on the show).

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Meghan should just say, "I have been blessed financially with never having to worry about money. I know most people aren't as lucky as me". But no, Sourpuss has to act like she relates to the average Walmart person in the Midwest. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 13

We know that Meggy lies every time she opens her mouth, but are we really supposed to believe that 67% of American pro-choice people actually support a rule that prevents the US government from funding international organizations that support choice?

• Love 10
59 minutes ago, carrps said:

Yeah, Nicole is big now. I loved back last month when she had Leslie Jones on "NicKAAAAAAY." 

LOLOLOLOL i had this whole great thing typed out about her guest, whom I love!  Turns out you said Jones, not Jordan!!   d-e-l-e-t-e!  Nothing against Jones, i love her too, she rocks it. its just i thought i read Jordan and had a little flip me out moment.  No worries, ill get over it in a min.

2 hours ago, pachebo said:

I watched that ep, what was the big deal about it?

19 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

Well, she went from a woman dominated show to what i call a Good Ol Boys Club (my opinion only). I would miss it a lot too. It would just be different.  Why can't we trade back MM for NW?  Give her a chance.  She's way more mature than MM. I like the idea heh

2 hours ago, OnTime said:

Doesn't make sense to me either.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, falltime said:

1 hour ago, OnTime said:

They made a poor attempt at trying to explain the Gamestop controversy and they proved they had no idea what they were talking about.

That's actually truly sad, because it's evolved past simply being a fun story of how some Internet people were successfully clowning some Hedge Fund companies and has evolved into a truly revealing look at how much power the Hedge Funds have, and how dirty the whole system is.  

It's reasonable to argue that the joint action of the people on Reddit to boost certain stocks specifically to screw over Hedge Funds who tried to Short the stocks to milk money out of those companies dying was technically illegal. It's not akin to terrorism, like MeAgain apparently tweeted but deleted this morning, but it does arguably break laws, although ones that are apparently rarely enforced against the big guys strategizing between themselves. 

But the followup is even worse. If this was questionable activity, then freezing trading of the stock was probably kosher, while it was allowed to cool down. A totally global freeze, direct from the stock markets, applying to everyone. People would reconsider and reevaluate during such a freeze. 

But what happened instead was that mysteriously the decision of the people who run the Robinhood app most of the Redditers were using (as well as some other services used by daytraders) were set so they couldn't buy more... but COULD sell.  Meanwhile the Hedge Funds could still do whatever they wanted to with these stocks.  Guaranteeing all the stocks could do (especially Gamestop) is crater into oblivion, thus recouping a lot of the loss the Hedge Funds had had. While the small investors on Robinhood were forced to sabotage their own interest in the stock, for lack of any other options. 

The guy who runs Robinhood went on Chris Cuomo's show and transparently lied about how their decision was made. It's clear he was coerced to do it. He claimed it was just to "protect people from volatility of those stocks". Total bull. 

• Useful 7
  • Love 2
17 minutes ago, ForumLou said:

Well, she went from a woman dominated show to what i call a Good Ol Boys Club (my opinion only). I would miss it a lot too. It would just be different.  Why can't we trade back MM for NW?  Give her a chance.  She's way more mature than MM. I like the idea heh

During the elections she was on a team with Rachel Maddow and Joy Reid, and they were great together. Got a little giddy in the wee hours.

• Love 4
38 minutes ago, babyhouseman said:

Meghan should just say, "I have been blessed financially with never having to worry about money. I know most people aren't as lucky as me". But no, Sourpuss has to act like she relates to the average Walmart person in the Midwest. 

It's not Meghan's fault she'll never know what it's like to be poor or middle-class, but I also get annoyed when she acts like she knows the average person so well and better than the other hosts. How many friends does Meghan even have who shop at Walmart? And rich folks who step foot in the store time to time do not count. I mean folks who make $50,000 or less a year, drive Hondas, shop at Walmart over Target because those pennies make a difference for them. Meghan has no clue what it's like to have a tight budget, to have to tell your kid you don't have money for something, how much it sucks when an appliance breaks down, etc. Her biggest problem in life is she doesn't get enough of her political wishes. 

• Love 13
28 minutes ago, carrps said:

During the elections she was on a team with Rachel Maddow and Joy Reid, and they were great together. Got a little giddy in the wee hours.

Hahah i bet.  That would have been funny to witness

• Love 2
53 minutes ago, Kromm said:

That's actually truly sad, because it's evolved past simply being a fun story of how some Internet people were successfully clowning some Hedge Fund companies and has evolved into a truly revealing look at how much power the Hedge Funds have, and how dirty the whole system is.  

It's reasonable to argue that the joint action of the people on Reddit to boost certain stocks specifically to screw over Hedge Funds who tried to Short the stocks to milk money out of those companies dying was technically illegal. It's not akin to terrorism, like MeAgain apparently tweeted but deleted this morning, but it does arguably break laws, although ones that are apparently rarely enforced against the big guys strategizing between themselves. 

But the followup is even worse. If this was questionable activity, then freezing trading of the stock was probably kosher, while it was allowed to cool down. A totally global freeze, direct from the stock markets, applying to everyone. People would reconsider and reevaluate during such a freeze. 

But what happened instead was that mysteriously the decision of the people who run the Robinhood app most of the Redditers were using (as well as some other services used by daytraders) were set so they couldn't buy more... but COULD sell.  Meanwhile the Hedge Funds could still do whatever they wanted to with these stocks.  Guaranteeing all the stocks could do (especially Gamestop) is crater into oblivion, thus recouping a lot of the loss the Hedge Funds had had. While the small investors on Robinhood were forced to sabotage their own interest in the stock, for lack of any other options. 

The guy who runs Robinhood went on Chris Cuomo's show and transparently lied about how their decision was made. It's clear he was coerced to do it. He claimed it was just to "protect people from volatility of those stocks". Total bull. 

The View should have had you on the show to explain it.  Everyone at that table probably  has stocks, whether they are in 401ks or personal investments but I doubt any of them handle any of them themselves. They probably have business managers or whoever who handle all that for them.  What makes me sad is at the end of the day Game Stop is a real company with real employees who don't know if they are going to have jobs next month, next year or maybe even next week.  To some people the stock market might be a game but all that buying and selling affects more than just them.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, carrps said:

Yeah, Nicole is big now. I loved back last month when she had Leslie Jones on. "NicKAAAAAAY." 

Leslie Jones just brightens up any show or room!

• Love 8