Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 1/25/2021

falltime
  • Start Topic

Monday, Jan. 25 – Day of Hot Topics

Tuesday, Jan. 26 – Wendy Williams (“Wendy Williams: What a Mess!”)

Wednesday, Jan. 27 — Kyra Sedgwick (ABC’s “Call Your Mother”)

Thursday, Jan. 28 — Bevy Smith (Author, “Bevelations”)

Friday, Jan. 29 — Keegan-Michael Key (Podcast, “The History of Sketch Comedy”)

Edited by falltime
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, cinsays said:

I'll pass on Tuesday - I can't stomach Wendy. I love Kyra, so will watch, though her new show is not so good.

Yeah she's probably promoting her 'biopic' next weekend and then after the movie theres a documentary esque special Wendy bares all.  Not literally.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, cinsays said:

I'll pass on Tuesday - I can't stomach Wendy

HOW ON EARTH did she ever get on television.  I can kinda understand radio...but after that--EGAD!  And she's a horrible human.

8 hours ago, cinsays said:

I love Kyra, so will watch, though her new show is not so good.

Never watched Kyra, so don't know much about her.  She is pretty, a wealthy heiress, and good on talk shows. Are ANY sitcoms good these days?  I'll usually watch the pilot...and if it's an actor/actors I like, watch Episode #2.  Rarely do I have to go further. They're trite (some even have laugh tracks)...and repetitive.  "Video Killed the Radio Star," and Streaming killed the Sitcom.

• Love 2

I love Bevy Smith. She's been making the media rounds. It'll be nice to see her again.

It’ll be interesting to hear Joy’s thoughts on Larry King passing. They were friends, I believe? She hosted his show a couple times, too, if I remember correctly.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 6
On 1/23/2021 at 11:24 PM, TheGreenKnight said:

It’ll be interesting to hear Joy’s thoughts on Larry King passing. They were friends, I believe? She hosted his show a couple times, too, if I remember correctly.

Meghan will make it all about her.  She had a long Instagram post about him.

On 1/23/2021 at 7:33 PM, Pearson80 said:

I will add my voice to the chorus in saying that Wendy is horrible..

You have room for me?  I've never watched Wendy's show but I've seen enough clips to know it's not my cup of tea. And I know enough about Wendy to know she is not my cup of tea.

On 1/23/2021 at 6:42 PM, Kromm said:

The negative energy on that episode will be... strong.

Wendy thrives on negative energy.  I think in a previous life she was an old Hollywood gossip monger.  She really enjoys talking about celeb scandals.  It seems fitting she had one of her own.

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, 2JEWELL said:

I used to think Meghan said things because she didn’t know better.(we know that to be true , considering her remarks 3 days before the insurrection)  But after what she said about Katie Couric today, I now think she deliberately spreads untruths as well.  She should be fired for lying the way she does

Meghan is definitely a liar. And since she has been in politics her whole life it comes easy to her.

• LOL 10
  • Love 11
8 minutes ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

Please tell me I wasn't the only one who giggled like a little school girl when Meghan went on her rant about how she's not brainwashed and shouldn't deprogrammed and blah blah blah I'm a victim and a half rant? Her rant was nothing new, but Whoopi's face after it was done was too funny. Then Whoopi just says, "Cool....Sara." I laughed, I laughed quite a bit to that whole exchange.

That was pretty funny lol I laughed too. Whoopi really seems over Meghan at this point.

• LOL 4
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, 2JEWELL said:

I used to think Meghan said things because she didn’t know better.(we know that to be true , considering her remarks 3 days before the insurrection)  But after what she said about Katie Couric today, I now think she deliberately spreads untruths as well.  She should be fired for lying the way she does

I agree she knows what she's doing with the lies.  And she does it to create us vs them division.  Even Sarah is pointing out her hypocrisy now.   It seems like whoever goes after MM now has to spend a part of their remarks contradicting MM.     

Katie Couric clearly was talking about a very specific group of repubs doing very specific behaviors, and not the entire party.      She was not talking about MM unless she is one of those people.   I'm guessing the anti-Katie accusations are some new talking points from Fox News as Katie was on Bill Maher like a week and half ago.    

• Love 19

I thought Meghan looked really nice today. I liked that her eye shadow matched her outfit. It was cute.

11 minutes ago, After7Only said:

I agree she knows what she's doing with the lies.  And she does it to create us vs them division.  Even Sarah is pointing out her hypocrisy now.   It seems like whoever goes after MM now has to spend a part of their remarks contradicting MM.     

Katie Couric clearly was talking about a very specific group of repubs doing very specific behaviors, and not the entire party.      She was not talking about MM unless she is one of those people.   I'm guessing the anti-Katie accusations are some new talking points from Fox News as Katie was on Bill Maher like a week and half ago.    

She's done this before. I forget which guest it was, but the guest was bad mouthing Jarvanka Republicans and Meghan took it as a slight against her...even though I don't think she even likes Jared or Ivanka. I think whenever Republicans are attacked, regardless of what kind of Republican they are, Meghan will get upset because her entire brand is being a Republican. If she doesn't have that then...what does she have?

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
6 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

Meghan will make it all about her.  She had a long Instagram post about him.

You have room for me?  I've never watched Wendy's show but I've seen enough clips to know it's not my cup of tea. And I know enough about Wendy to know she is not my cup of tea.

Wendy thrives on negative energy.  I think in a previous life she was an old Hollywood gossip monger.  She really enjoys talking about celeb scandals.  It seems fitting she had one of her own.

Ding, ding, ding! You were right about McCain acting like she had a more personal connection to King than Joy who hosted his show or Whoopi or Barbara, etc. I don't think we even got to hear Sunny speak about Larry King at all?

And you're so right about Wendy Williams, too. I used to watch her show all the time, but quit sometime around 2013-14. She just became this super arrogant person and her opinions seemed to get dumber and more hate-filled. I've tried the show a couple of times since her divorce and she has improved a little with him out of her life, but she's still pretty unwatchable these days.

• Love 14
17 minutes ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

Meghan will get upset because her entire brand is being a Republican.

Any criticism she voices concerning her party is in relation to how badly it's making her party look.  For her it's all about optics. Meghan doesn't really care if something is bad. She only cares if it looks bad.

• Love 21
13 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

She might not like them but I think she wants to be them.  She so badly wants to be a political power couple.

This is so true that I had to copy it and post it again. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 11

I loved how nobody took the bait after Nutmeg's nonsensical rant and Whoopie's reaction was priceless. 

I love how she has confirmed that she is part of the 74 million people.

I will never understand her loyalty to a party that has censured her mother for thinking for herself.

2 hours ago, 2JEWELL said:

Megan lies all the time and gets away with it so why would she get in trouble this time.  Do you guys remember when she lied about something Sunny said when she was not there.  Sunny addressed her lies the next day when she came back.. It was one of the few times she got called out.  

• Love 22
1 hour ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

I thought Meghan looked really nice today. I liked that her eye shadow matched her outfit. It was cute.

She's done this before. I forget which guest it was, but the guest was bad mouthing Jarvanka Republicans and Meghan took it as a slight against her...even though I don't think she even likes Jared or Ivanka. I think whenever Republicans are attacked, regardless of what kind of Republican they are, Meghan will get upset because her entire brand is being a Republican. If she doesn't have that then...what does she have?

Megh. an wanted SO BADLY to be the blonde "First Daughter" she didn't get to be in 2008.  In some ways, she lived vicariously through Ivanka.

• LOL 7
  • Love 8
15 minutes ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

It's cued up at Meghan's rant. It's cringey, but Whoopi's reaction is just too funny.

Sara made a lot of sense in that clip. And I don't think Meghan misinterpreted what Katie Couric said about Trump republicans needing deprogrammed.  I think Meghan whether she meant to or not admitted she backs Trump.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
42 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Megh. an wanted SO BADLY to be the blonde "First Daughter" she didn't get to be in 2008.  In some ways, she lived vicariously through Ivanka.

Oh, there is NOTHING Meghan wanted more than to be "First Daughter".  Being the "Princess of Arizona" doesn't cut it.

I don't think she lived vicariously through Ivanka as Meghan would expect people to live vicariously through HER.

Remember Ivanka showing up the funeral and the wrath of Meghan.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

Her TWATNESS can also just right to hell, with her faux outrage over what Katie "said". So glad that Joy corrected that piece of LIES.

And that's all I have the energy for right now. It'll take someone suing her LYING ASS for ABC to jettison her off this show.

• Love 15

I'm no Optometrist, but why do Whoopi's glasses always look to be the wrong size for her face such that her pupils don't line up with the middle of the lenses?

And people didn't "almost" die because of the insurrection, Whoops, one police officer was beaten to death and the MAGA woman was shot to death.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Megan lies all the time and gets away with it so why would she get in trouble this time.  Do you guys remember when she lied about something Sunny said when she was not there.  Sunny addressed her lies the next day when she came back.. It was one of the few times she got called out.  

Didn't Sunny even show a clip the next day proving that she wasn't there?

• Love 4

LOL when MM said there's gonna be a vacuum to pick up 4 in 10 of these people. (A ginormous Shark or Hoover?)

What she meant was 4 in 10 of these people exist in a vacuum.

Hey dumb ass: same word, entirely different concepts. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
34 minutes ago, deirdra said:

And people didn't "almost" die because of the insurrection, Whoops, one police officer was beaten to death and the MAGA woman was shot to death.

Sorry Whoopi was right - just look at the social media these terrorists were on, and what they had planned. They were hunting down Nancy Pelosi and Mike Pence. Not to have afternoon tea with them, but to kill them (more specifically to hang Pence). Whoopi was 100% correct.

• Love 8
26 minutes ago, thejuicer said:

Meghan on one hand thinks Democrats need to "listen to 74 million people" in the name of unity then turns around and says people like Katie Couric should "go to hell".  What is wrong with her?

This is why I don't think i can watch the show anymore. I  watched here and there while MM was on maternity leave.  I enjoyed Anna . I've been trying to watch again but Meghan is too much. She deliberately takes offense to stupid shit that as a "thinking" person  should know those words were not directed at her or all Republicans. But if she sees herself as part of Trump's base that believes in the lie ....🤷🏽‍♀️ there you go. Meghan shouldn't be allowed to spread false stories. Shame on the view and shame on NBC,  have we all not learned anything from the mayhem that acting like lies are truth can create.  I dont expect the view to stop Meghan if anything they Coddle her.

• Love 17

So after digesting today's show, I only have a couple of questions...

1. Why did Meghan decide to dress up like an Easter Egg ? A pastel color splashed sweater (appropriate for April), and Easter-egg eye shadow, all she needed was a basket of candy next to her.  Sorry - does she realize it's really January weather up and down the East Coast (meaning wind chill in the teens) and not warmer Spring weather ?

2. What took Greta Monahan so damn long to introduce us to an iron which moisturizes our faces at the same time ?

• LOL 11

Re: the above tweet from McCain - she's exhausting.  I've been avoiding The View (and the news in general) because life is stressful enough right now without having to deal with this kind of stuff.  Guess I'm going to need to keep avoiding The View for the foreseeable future.

Edited by WinnieWinkle
  • Love 16

I'm with Katie. Those who believed the BIG LIE and acted out of order do need to be shown actual facts (again). Not believing those facts and instead believing the lies of your 'leader' is cultish. The word deprogram doesn't apply to every Republican. But if you are going around filing lawsuits to restrain President Biden (the latest lawsuit is crazy), breaking into the Capitol building, and fighting a war over this election we probably need to have a conversation about your mental stability.

As far as MM goes, what is the saying? A hit dog will holler.

• Useful 3
  • Love 17
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

91630B5B-5254-431C-A365-1EBE9E30CC95.jpeg

That sort of language pales in comparison to how the GOP described BLM supporters, to how they described Muslims (the language used there was much worse) and how they described "illegal immigrants." 

Meghan is experience only a small fraction to what minority groups have faced and she can't handle it. The only difference is that minority groups are attacked based on their skin colour and faith, while she's attacked....well she isn't attacked she just feels like she has been. 

I imagine this will continue for the next four years.

• Useful 1
  • Love 16