Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 1/25/2021

falltime
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

Nah. Seems more like Meghan senses wounded prey is near.

If I'm not mistaken Sara has a contract with ABC which means if things don't work out on the View she will land somewhere else.  Meghan on the other hand......If things don't work out on the View she might land back on radio.

Well that is just too bad, because she is a physically beautiful human being.  It's only when she opens her mouth and the hate and bile come out that is so upsetting.  So radio is not a great fit. 😉

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Why is Megan wearing that t-shirt with Navalny's name? does she know this man's history, he is vile.. She has to always be extra and ends up looking like a fool.  

Edited by Pearson80
  • LOL 2
  • Love 10
7 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Why is Megan wearing that t-shirt with Navalny's name? does she know this man's history, he is vile.. She has to always be extra and ends up looking like a fool.  

well, she's wearing that super fake looking hair extension, so she must like looking like a food

and, did i hear her right," say what you will about him but trump is authentic" 

yeah, he is truly a horrible person and this is a good thing?

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
13 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Didn't Elizabeth once get in trouble for wearing a 'political' tee shirt?  Ironically, I think it was a version of McCain's name.

• Love 7

In my opinion, Whoopi was made to apologize for that sweater. We know her motto is - don’t @ me, I don’t care. 

Why is Meghan the only one not held accountable for her words or actions?  It’s infuriating.  And while I’d like to think she has no power, as mentioned Upthread, it’s clear to me that she does. 

• Love 16
31 minutes ago, KayVeeTeeVee said:

Didn't Elizabeth once get in trouble for wearing a 'political' tee shirt?  Ironically, I think it was a version of McCain's name.

It was during an election so it was a no-no.. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 2

I was curious about the sweater apology, too. Apparently, the sweater had the symbols of a Masonic order (Prince Hall), and according to the people complaining, you shouldn't wear this if you aren't an actual member. It wasn't that the sweater itself was objectionable (what a change of pace nowadays!) but the fact that the person wearing it didn't have the right "credentials" to wear it.  Hmmm....when I put it that way, it sounds like some kind of gang gear issue, like a Law & Order episode ("Law & Order" Rebels (TV Episode 1995) - IMDb).

• Useful 7
  • Love 5
26 minutes ago, OnTime said:

Sara is in The View studio and Meghan is in some ABC studio in Virginia or DC.

Yes, MeAgain said she was in an ABC studio, pretty sure she said DC. I think it was in that podcast she was on, where she also said The View was struggling before she came along to save it.🙄

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, pachebo said:

As for Sarah being "scripted", maybe it is simply that she is mentally prepared to express her thoughts on a topic from the morning meeting. Someone who can actually think on her feet.

If that's true, it's new and miraculous.  When she was on The View the first time, she wasn't required to say much on current events.  Same with GMA.  She was there to present the "lightheated" side of things.  On this COVID-The View, she gets "called on" every time.  Each host knows when it's her turn...and each one seems prepared (mostly).

• Love 2
Just now, bannana said:

If only Whoopi would read what is on her teleprompter before they go live on air. But no, that would require preparation and she hasn't been doing that for a decade so why start now.

And now that she's at home, she's probably not even wearing pants.

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

She saw Whoopi got more attention yesterday because of her sweater, so MM wanted more attention too.  They should not be wearing clothing with any writing on them at all.  And ditch the glitter!

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, bannana said:

If only Whoopi would read what is on her teleprompter before they go live on air. But no, that would require preparation and she hasn't been doing that for a decade so why start now.

She has always claimed that she doesn't read well...and if she's truly dyslexic (as she claims), WHY would The Powers That Be put her in a position where she's required to read--and a Teleprompter of all things?  Surely she had/has enough clout to force them to try a different method.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
52 minutes ago, AryasMum said:

In my opinion, Whoopi was made to apologize for that sweater. We know her motto is - don’t @ me, I don’t care. 

I think she was "made" to apologize...and probably agreed because there are gender, race, and religious affiliations (of  sorts)... Masonry.  Prince Hall is the oldest and largest (300,000+ initiated members) predominantly African-American fraternity in the nation.  It's a Masonic lodge, created when America's Negro men were not allowed membership in the Masons.

From Wikipedia:  "Brother Prince Hall was interested in the Masonic fraternity because Freemasonry was founded upon ideals of liberty, equality and peace. Prior to the American Revolutionary War, Prince Hall and fourteen other free black men petitioned for admittance to the all white Boston St. John's Lodge.[18][19][20] They were turned down. Having been rejected by colonial Freemasonry, Hall and 15 others sought and were initiated into Masonry by members of Lodge No. 441 of the Grand Lodge of Ireland on March 6, 1775. The Lodge was attached to the British forces stationed in Boston. Hall and other freedmen founded African Lodge No. 1 and he was named Grand Master."

Edited by Back Atcha
  • Useful 10
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, Back Atcha said:

She has always claimed that she doesn't read well...and if she's truly dyslexic (as she claims), WHY would The Powers That Be put her in a position where she's required to read--and a Teleprompter of all things?  Surely she had/has enough clout to force them to try a different method.

Because she's the Queen Bee and has to have the #1 Power Position and in this case, that would be Moderator.  Now the fact that she totally sucks at it and actually gets progressively worse as the years go on, well, no biggie it seems to ABC and the EGOT herself.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
8 hours ago, Haleth said:

Sara has been surprisingly insightful with her political comments lately.  Maybe she's gained enough confidence that she's not afraid of Meghan anymore, not afraid to say something to offend her.  Loved that little dig about Katie Couric.

Sara doesn't pretend she's a political expert or that politics is her passion, but she is smarter than she's given credit for imo. I also think she isn't as confident as the others, who are all such strong personalities. Whoopi is an icon and an EGOT. Joy's the true First Lady of The View and had her own show on HLN. Sunny is a wicked sharp attorney. Meghan, while not as smart or important as she fancies herself, says all the time she's been in politics all her life, calls herself a pundit, has a famous name. I think Sara can be intimidated by them even when she shouldn't be. 

• Love 19
3 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Megan wants to live somewhere where there are no "Crazy people" lol....

Not the best way to express herself on this issue, this can certainly be interpreted as disrespectful to people with mental illness.  

1 hour ago, KittyQ said:

I was curious about the sweater apology, too. Apparently, the sweater had the symbols of a Masonic order (Prince Hall), and according to the people complaining, you shouldn't wear this if you aren't an actual member. It wasn't that the sweater itself was objectionable (what a change of pace nowadays!) but the fact that the person wearing it didn't have the right "credentials" to wear it.  Hmmm....when I put it that way, it sounds like some kind of gang gear issue, like a Law & Order episode ("Law & Order" Rebels (TV Episode 1995) - IMDb).

I'm not familiar with the particular group, but it's kind of like fraternities and sororities in that you are not supposed to wear the greek letter logo unless you belong to the group.  

Was it just me, or was Meghan told to SMILE today?  Because she was grinning over nothing most of the time she was on camera.  I think she got some feedback that viewers have been seeing her as a bitch-face crabass. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
58 minutes ago, AryasMum said:

I’ve listened to parents complain for almost a year now. The vast majority simply want their kids to go back because there is no one to care  for them at home.  That is no an inherent responsibility of teachers.  It’s not teachers’ faults that we have pour health insurance when it comes to mental illness.  I’m not sure teachers should have to risk their lives, and the lives of their families, because some children are struggling with mental illness. 

Meghan has "friends in her personal life" that have children who have suffered so schools need to reopen.  Everything is about her!

Would she be sending her kid to school if her father was also living with her?? I think Sunny made that perfectly clear.

• Love 13

I’m with Joy and Sunny ,it’s not time to have return to school. My daughter-in-law teaches first grade in a low income underfunded district where most parents  are  ESL.

She goes to her empty  classroom where her supplies are ( much better than their 1100 sq ft home where  my son is working  along with a dog ,hamster ,fish and construction workers now going on 5 months doing their kitchen) She brings her two boys with her for them to do on line schooling and can help if needed.  From the very beginning students were first lent computers then were given them   Parents can pick up breakfast and lunch meals by driving up to the parking lot.  She taught parents how to use the laptops as well as the class plans she also needed to learn.  She  checks in on the kids all day even on breaks. Until everyone has the vaccine I will not relax. My daughter-in-law and two little grandkids most likely would come through covid my son would not.  All family members were continuously sick including pneumonia in past years, now nothing. I would often watch the kids weeks at a time in past years as sickness went through the household and I could not do that now. 

• Love 6

was it just me or did Whoopie make a lot of sense today in the impeachment trial discussion where she pointed out that finding trump guilty could then fall back on some of them as also being guilty?  Thought it was a good point.  Noticed MM didnt really answer the question about whether or not moderate republicans should form their own party..kind of danced around it.  Also did Mm think that little rat tail on the other side of her face balanced out the obviously bad fake braid?

Edited by Rainyhawk
  • LOL 1
  • Love 15

I do have to say, since she's been back (MM), i have noticed the slightest of slight changes. (duck!) Lol.

She still gets high pitched and screechy but when she's done, she's back to normal and even laughing.  laughing. She has at times seemed happy and just a tad more mellow.  I surmise that we are witnessing a new normal w/MM.  Who knows.  Maybe it was quiting the booze.  Going from hard drinkin ( bourbon please) to nothing during pregger time and post.  So she went thru a hard withdrawal while pregnant and hasnt since i dont think.  Thats pretty awesome.  But could also be why she was SUCH a bitch up til when she left for ML.  Anyway Im noticing things.  Good to see.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

The situation with opening schools is much more complicated than what was presented on the show.  though covid transmission might be seen as "unlikely", the fact is that teachers have contracted covid, some have been very ill, and some have died.  SInce the vaccine currently has not been approved for children, classrooms attendance is risky. teachers of elementary school can be as careful as can be, but kids sneeze, wipe their noses, cough, yell, etc.  Little boys who cant have gym or recess time to run off energy are not going to become perfect little germ-free citizens. 

I have a friend who is a teacher, and has to go to the classroom to do the online teaching.   Her kids, however, are not allowed to go with her.  So she has to pay for daycare for her kids, at a park district center where a babysitter watches them do their online learning.  SO the kids are at risk for catching covid, and they attend public virtual school but are in full-time daycare without a teacher or parent to help them with their work. (the daycare worker is not a teacher) the mom is frustrated because she can't help her kids during the day, the kids are restless and angry because they have to do school all day in a gym, but can't do normal stuff like play basketball.  She can't get them to do any more schoolwork when they all get home, because they've been cooped up all day.  The kids are in a small group at daycare, and the siblings are together, to minimize the risk, but the risk is still there.  

People can say "open the schools"  but remember, in a family like the one I am describing, there would be exposure to three separate classrooms of kids - the mom,  dad, and both kids could be exposed if anyone in any of those classrooms carried the virus.  

I my area, some of the schools have opened, then there is a case of Covid, so they close the school for a week, open back up, some have the kids go on alternate days,  then after a few weeks, there's another case, and the school closes again. I am so glad my kids are done with school.  Or, more accurately, are pursuing online degrees. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

This was the case with both Abby and Sara (the first time she left). Neither needed this show and didn't have to put up with it, so jumped ship. Sara came back after ABC's attempt to extend GMA a third hour failed.

I'm not sure where you're getting this info about Sara.

When she was interviewed late last summer about her return to the show, she had said she never wanted to leave the show in the first place. She said she loved being part of the show, and never wanted to leave. She had to leave because ABC assigned her to 'GMA 3' and she had no choice in the matter (being an ABC employee). In the interview she seemed to be rather happy that GMA3 failed, because ABC put her back on 'The View'.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I think schools closing should be the last option. I grew up with learning disabilities and I wouldn't have survived zoom school. I wish they would have brought that up in the discussion. I graduated high school 12 years and the ventilation was terrible from what I understand it hasn't got much better in the public schools I went too. Again, wish they brought that up as well. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
54 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

I my area, some of the schools have opened, then there is a case of Covid, so they close the school for a week, open back up, some have the kids go on alternate days,  then after a few weeks, there's another case, and the school closes again. I am so glad my kids are done with school.  Or, more accurately, are pursuing online degrees. 

Here they are currently doing online learning but they've been in and out of school since last March.  This time my grandkids are finally getting into the swing of doing their schoolwork like this but for my daughter if the schools go back she will send the kids.  If it were my choice they'd be staying home - partly because I think it's safer but also because getting into the groove of online school took awhile, now if they go back and then the schools close again I know they'd take awhile to get back into it again.  Maybe for older kids it's easier but for 5 and 8 yr olds it's just not.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, AryasMum said:

I’ve listened to parents complain for almost a year now. The vast majority simply want their kids to go back because there is no one to care  for them at home.  That is no an inherent responsibility of teachers.  It’s not teachers’ faults that we have pour health insurance when it comes to mental illness.  I’m not sure teachers should have to risk their lives, and the lives of their families, because some children are struggling with mental illness. 

My son is a high school teacher, he normally has contact with almost 100 students per day.  Enough said?

• Love 8
6 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

This was the case with both Abby and Sara (the first time she left). Neither needed this show and didn't have to put up with it, so jumped ship.

12 hours ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

Lol, I completely forgot about that. Meghan already got Sherri, Tara and others iced from the show. She made Abby quit and she made Sara quit the first time. She got Ana to appear less frequently too. She tried with Sunny, but it didn't work and for a while Sunny didn't even look at her during panel. Kind of amazing how this all happened due to one person.

Many of us who feel we "watched it happen" will always believe that Meghan DID have power at one time... power enough that Abby and Sara felt there was nothing to do but leave "The View."  ABC thought/thinks enough of Sara that they gave her a slot at "GMA," and would give her work whenever she feels she's had enough of Meghan.  Sunny played the Meghan Game perfectly (uncomfortable but enjoyable)...and Meghan hasn't been as "mean" to her coworkers since.  Surely mine isn't a minority opinion.

Edited by Back Atcha
spelling error
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, pachebo said:

As for Sarah being "scripted", maybe it is simply that she is mentally prepared to express her thoughts on a topic from the morning meeting. Someone who can actually think on her feet.

8 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

I think Sara takes her job seriously.  Unlike the other four this has been her only career as an adult.  And I did not know till I checked her wiki page but she has a Bachelor of Arts degree in government.  Based on that degree alone she is more qualified to be a political pundit than Meghan.  

I also think that Sara takes her job seriously and comes to the table (most mornings) well prepared, with notes on her talking points, etc., so that may be why at times she appears to be reading from a script.

I like Sara, and I think that she is actually getting more confident with expressing her opinions, especially when coming up against Meghan.  She's showing us how to express her thoughts without sounding like a whine-y, spoiled princess.

I didn't know she has a B.A. in government.  Maybe that is why Meghan snipes at Sara at times - she's afraid that Sara is more educated in governmental procedures and can show Meghan up on that.  Plus, Sara is, most of the time, concise and gets her point across clearly and easily understood, as opposed to Meghan's ramblings with her "word of the week" thrown in to make herself sound smart.

8 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I would think that people/viewers would have a bigger problem with Meghan's t-shirt (and her "FREE NAVALNY" shout-out during the show) than they would with Whoopi wearing a Masonic symbol sweater.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 11
7 hours ago, OnTime said:

Meghan is in an ABC studio with staff and she still wears the fake hair braid.

And bad eye makeup....sparkles in the daytime or conjuntivitis pink or jaundice yellow eye shadow.

If Meghan wants to be taken as a "serious political pundit, maybe she should start looking less like a Real Housewife of somewhere, and more like what she aspires to.  Whenever I switch on any "news" channel (CNN, MSNBC, Fox), I NEVER see any female commentators/hosts/interviewees wearing hideous fake braids or even more hideous eye makeup.

• Love 10
35 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

I would think that people/viewers would have a bigger problem with Meghan's t-shirt (and her "FREE NAVALNY" shout-out during the show) than they would with Whoopi wearing a Masonic symbol sweater.  

When I saw her shirt, I knew that there would be problems with the fraternity.  She is not a Q Dog and she wore their colors and symbol.  As a Black woman she should have known better and I am surprised that Sunny did not tell her to not wear it . Isn't Sunny a Delta?  I am surprised Sunny did not defend her bros.. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

Many of us who feel we "watched it happen" will always believe that Meghan DID have power at one time... power enough that Abby and Sara felt there was nothing to do but leave "The View."  ABC thought/thinks enough of Sara that they gave her a slot at "GMA," and would give her work whenever she feels she's had enough of Meghan.  Sunny played the Meghan Game perfectly (uncomfortable but enjoyable)...and Meghan hasn't been as "mean" to her coworkers since.  Surely mine isn't a minority opinion.

I'm guessing we're not entirely alone. :) Sara isn't the type to make her employer look bad by saying she looked for anywhere else to go because McCain made the place a "toxic workplace" (Abby's words). She probably still enjoys having a home at ABC overall.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, AryasMum said:

Regarding if kids should return to the classroom:

My neighbors are healthcare workers with a baby, and a huge Standard Poodle puppy.  The puppy is extremely rambunctious, but they can’t get a dog trainer to come help because of the “risk”.  So at first it pissed me off.  You’re more than happy to have healthcare workers risk death if you have Covid, but you refuse to help them due to a risk of being exposed.  Then I realized, dog trainers did not sign up to die. They signed up to help dogs.

IMO, teachers did not sign up to die. Teachers did not sign up to baby sit, be psych counselors, enable parents to return to work. They signed up to teach children - which can be done online.  Let’s face it, this is another problem specific to the US. We don’t have proper public childcare, we aren’t receiving sustainable relief $, and as Whoopi implied, not all children have access to the internet and computers needed. 

That father hysterically screaming about his garbage service is comparing apples to oranges.  There is no comparison to collecting bagged garbage with gloved hands, to having a classroom of children, many too young to effectively and continuously wear a mask, sneezing, snotting, and coughing all over them.  My friend is a first grade teacher, and while she loves her job, she has told me about how they’re always hanging on her and touching her with their unwashed hands.  I was a peds nurse and it was the only time in my life I experienced sinus infections and laryngitis. And that doesn’t even take into account the school districts who refuse to enforce masks.

Having said all of this, healthcare workers didn’t sign up to die, unintentionally infect those they live with, or kill their elderly family members. But they tend to be like fire fighters - they’re running in while everyone else is running out. 

Very well said!

• Love 1

I wonder if some of the complainers even knew the sweater relates to a Black fraternity.  They may have assumed it represented elite white Freemasons. Do they also hate US $1 bills because of the Masonic symbols on the back? Today's white shirt was a good choice, Whoopi.  Try it tomorrow, Meghan.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, njbchlover said:

And bad eye makeup....sparkles in the daytime or conjuntivitis pink or jaundice yellow eye shadow.

If Meghan wants to be taken as a "serious political pundit, maybe she should start looking less like a Real Housewife of somewhere, and more like what she aspires to.  Whenever I switch on any "news" channel (CNN, MSNBC, Fox), I NEVER see any female commentators/hosts/interviewees wearing hideous fake braids or even more hideous eye makeup.

Yeah Meghan's eye makeup has gotten even more extra lately. When I saw the yellow I wondered if something was wrong with my TV. You'd think she were a teen who just tried to copy an edgy makeup tutorial from YouTube or something. 

True about the news channels. Former View host Nicole Wallace always looks pretty but natural. I remember Fox ladies showing a lot of leg and sometimes cleavage though. Not sure if they still do. I never understood why the conservative news network liked for the women to dress provocatively. I've wondered if having worked there affects Meghan's idea of what a conservative news personality is supposed to look like. Meghan dresses modestly but the makeup is flashy. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Yeah Meghan's eye makeup has gotten even more extra lately. When I saw the yellow I wondered if something was wrong with my TV. You'd think she were a teen who just tried to copy an edgy makeup tutorial from YouTube or something. 

makeup glitter GIF

• LOL 6

If MeAgain was could tell the truth and express herself intelligently, her bizarre style statements could make for an interesting contrast.

A woman dressed like she's going to a 2010s Ke$ha concert who is also a brilliant political analyst? That would be priceless. I love when people upend expectations. 

MeAgain is trying to go the edgy looks route without having the political or intellectual prowess to back it up. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 7

Thought it was interesting to see Katie Couric appear as an in studio guest on The Talk yesterday.  She did a couple of segments and spoke about the attempted insurrection and was a very good guest, in my opinion.  I wondered if it was a way to say FU to their competition, MeAgain in particular, who is beating the hell out of them in the ratings.  The interview was a lot more interesting and much better produced than most of the crap The View subjects us to.

• Useful 4
  • Love 5