Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 1/25/2021

falltime
  • Start Topic

19 minutes ago, Badbea99 said:

Thought it was interesting to see Katie Couric appear as an in studio guest on The Talk yesterday.  She did a couple of segments and spoke about the attempted insurrection and was a very good guest, in my opinion.  I wondered if it was a way to say FU to their competition, MeAgain in particular, who is beating the hell out of them in the ratings.  The interview was a lot more interesting and much better produced than most of the crap The View subjects us to.

The View should invite Katie on the show and she can explain to Meghan what she meant when she said conspiracy minded Trump supporters should be deprogrammed.   What is that you say?  Meghan doesn't want to understand and wants to continue to be outraged.  Sounds about right.

49 minutes ago, rollacoaster said:

MeAgain is trying to go the edgy looks route without having the political or intellectual prowess to back it up. 

Meghan is like a 12 yr old playing dress up.  I think she is doing it to get attention and it's working. It would be one thing if her odd looks looked good.  But they don't. They look ridiculous.  That fake braid yesterday looked like it came from a Halloween costume you would buy at a dollar store.

Edited by ifionlyknew
  • LOL 5
  • Love 15
11 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

When I saw her shirt, I knew that there would be problems with the fraternity.  She is not a Q Dog and she wore their colors and symbol.  As a Black woman she should have known better and I am surprised that Sunny did not tell her to not wear it . Isn't Sunny a Delta?  I am surprised Sunny did not defend her bros.. 

I had no idea what the controversy was until I Googled it yesterday, shortly after Whoopi opened the show with it. I had no idea what was on her sweater, what the symbols meant. All I knew was that I thought Whoopi looked pretty well-dressed for a change when she wore the sweater on Tuesday.

As for MeAgain, I forgot all about Navalny. I thought she was showing her patriotism (once again) and had a shirt that said NAVAL NY - saluting the navy in some way. 🤣  Overall, I'm glad the cohosts ignored it. It must have really shaken her tree to be ignored.

• LOL 9
  • Love 4
44 minutes ago, LetsStartTalking said:

I had no idea what the controversy was until I Googled it yesterday, shortly after Whoopi opened the show with it. I had no idea what was on her sweater, what the symbols meant. All I knew was that I thought Whoopi looked pretty well-dressed for a change when she wore the sweater on Tuesday.

As for MeAgain, I forgot all about Navalny. I thought she was showing her patriotism (once again) and had a shirt that said NAVAL NY - saluting the navy in some way. 🤣  Overall, I'm glad the cohosts ignored it. It must have really shaken her tree to be ignored.

Hence why she felt the need to shriek "FREE NAVALNY!!!" when they went to a commercial break.  She's going to mention this guy every day between now and early February when he's supposed to go to trial in Russia.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, LetsStartTalking said:

Me, too. LOL I was like, "Naval NY?" It must be a thing.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

When I saw her shirt, I knew that there would be problems with the fraternity.  She is not a Q Dog and she wore their colors and symbol.  As a Black woman she should have known better and I am surprised that Sunny did not tell her to not wear it . Isn't Sunny a Delta?  I am surprised Sunny did not defend her bros.. 

Sunny is an AKA.

13 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

Is a college sorority somehow related to the Masons?  I plead ignorance.

I pledged in college, so I’ll chime in here. Masons are a different thing entirely, although there are some people who get involved in both. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 1

Shut up, Meghan. The Reps in Congress have zero intention of working with Biden. Get off your “unity” high horse. 
The Republican mayor of my city just purchased property to build a solar grid. Change is coming. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 22
19 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Sara doesn't pretend she's a political expert or that politics is her passion, but she is smarter than she's given credit for imo. I also think she isn't as confident as the others, who are all such strong personalities. Whoopi is an icon and an EGOT. Joy's the true First Lady of The View and had her own show on HLN. Sunny is a wicked sharp attorney. Meghan, while not as smart or important as she fancies herself, says all the time she's been in politics all her life, calls herself a pundit, has a famous name. I think Sara can be intimidated by them even when she shouldn't be. 

Sara being intimated by the others and not confident is a reason why she is wrong for this show.   I wouldn't put any of the other co-hosts  on The Talk. It is the same Sara being on The View.  It just isn't the show for her.

I remember watching briefing when she was there when Jed was. Sara would look back and forth at Whoopi and Jed,  like she was at a tennis match.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

Didn’t Meghan once say that she’d leave the show if Biden became President due to their close family ties?

I'm not a daily watcher by any stretch, but I highly doubt she would give up an easy paycheck, and a prominent platform because a work friend of her father became president.

8 minutes ago, OnTime said:

I remember watching briefing when she was there when Jed was. Sara would look back and forth at Whoopi and Jed,  like she was at a tennis match.

I never thought Jed's tenure would be considered the good old days, but that's exactly what I thought when I read this.  Aaaahh, the good old days.

• Love 6
Just now, sugarbaker design said:

I'm not a daily watcher by any stretch, but I highly doubt she would give up an easy paycheck, and a prominent platform because a work friend of her father became president.

Oh yeah I know, but it’s something she said in jest and I wish she wasn’t kidding.

• Love 6

Mega- what are you supposed to do with MTG?  Nothing.  You lost whatever shred of credibility you thought you had when you laughed off any threat trump  may be to our Democratic process.  Remember, three days before the insurrection she said nothing was going to hplappen? I think your deeply imbedded knowledge of Politics failed you.

• Love 15
7 minutes ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

It seems like Sara pissed off wardrobe today, because her shirt is a choice....

Step away from the bedazzler, Sara. 😄
Here we go with Meg and her damn masks again. 

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 7
10 minutes ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

And comparing Eric Swalwell allegedly sleeping with a Chinese spy to a woman who liked a comment about putting a bullet in Nancy Pelosi’s head is a false equivalency imo, so STFU Meghan with your whataboutism.

Where was Sunny with her legal notice?

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

Didn’t Meghan once say that she’d leave the show if Biden became President due to their close family ties? Too bad she didn’t actually follow through with that and leave the show. 

She did say that. She said she wouldn't be able to be objective.  I don't know if she didn't really believe he would win or if pillow talk convinced her she needed to support her tribe close family ties be damned.

• Love 8

4 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

The great tragedy of her life was giving away masks.  What would her father have done?

She was lied to about masks!!

Now should she wear two or three masks?? Because we know how hard that is to do.

The "friends in her personal life" showed up again today!!

• LOL 11
1 hour ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Thank God it's not just me ! LOL !

As far as MeAgain wallowing over the discarded masks, maybe she can set up a Senator and Presidential Nominee John McCain Mask Foundation and take in mask collections to balance out all the masks she had to toss because of Dr. Fauci ?

• LOL 15
  • Love 1

Yesterday or the day before MM had a glitter flake that had dropped onto her lower lash line.  I was waiting for it to flick into her eye and missed what she was ranting about.  That is why serious pundits don't wear glitter or crap that distracts people from their message.

And just like the doctor, I've never heard anyone talk about 3 masks.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, GiveMeSpace said:

When they are back in the studio, MM can wear it during Fleet Week when they traditionally fill the audience with members of the Navy.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 6
9 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Yesterday or the day before MM had a glitter flake that had dropped onto her lower lash line.  I was waiting for it to flick into her eye and missed what she was ranting about.  That is why serious pundits don't wear glitter or crap that distracts people from their message.

maybe it's the 3 masks poor Meghan was forced to give away

• LOL 10
5 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

re MM's rant about executive orders in the first segment:  When she was finished spewing numbers, Whoopi's face was EVERYTHING.  She looked exhausted.  

I missed the first twenty minutes today, so I missed that, but I've noticed Whoopi's reactions are one of the best parts of the show lately.

Bevy Smith was lovely today. One of the few interviews on this show I was actually happy to watch.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, bannana said:

makeup glitter GIF

Mommy I'ma scardid!!the caterpillars are on the funny lady!

Sidenote...Sunny is a Delta?  I knew she was greek but didn't know which one.  Delta Delta Delta!  Wasn't Animal House in Delta!

Sidenote Sidenote...that gif really is scary.  It needs to be put down .  Or stomped on.  Its just a gif for View Sake.  A hideous one at that hahahaha i may even have that in my top 3 worst ever.

No Gifs were harmed in the making of this post.  Nothing stomped, Nothing put down.  Just try to ignore it if you can.

Edited by ForumLou
Add
  • LOL 8
15 minutes ago, deirdra said:

I missed most of the show today, but I'm assuming that Meghan asked or commented about wearing three masks?  If so, then she got that information from the TV show "Inside Edition".  I know, because I saw that story on that show either last night or the night before.  

• Love 1
4 hours ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

Oh yeah I know, but it’s something she said in jest and I wish she wasn’t kidding.

So depressed....just thinking about what might have been......

4 hours ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Make it 3 snerk ☝️☝️☝️

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

The View should invite Katie on the show and she can explain to Meghan what she meant when she said conspiracy minded Trump supporters should be deprogrammed.   What is that you say?  Meghan doesn't want to understand and wants to continue to be outraged.  Sounds about right.

Meghan is like a 12 yr old playing dress up.  I think she is doing it to get attention and it's working. It would be one thing if her odd looks looked good.  But they don't. They look ridiculous.  That fake braid yesterday looked like it came from a Halloween costume you would buy at a dollar store.

Every time I looked at her with that hideous braid, I thought it was her arm. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Haleth said:

Shut up, Meghan. The Reps in Congress have zero intention of working with Biden. Get off your “unity” high horse. 
The Republican mayor of my city just purchased property to build a solar grid. Change is coming. 

Thanks to Sunny for pointing out the numbers, as well as the fact that legislation will be coming as well.  As she noted, there were some things that trump had done that needed to be immediately changed by executive.  Unlike trump I think Biden will try to govern through legislation. MMs back to being a trump supporter again.  And so typical that instead of really discussing the idea of clean energy (because she won’t have any good arguments against it) she reverted to “but but what about his private jet”.  And I still don’t get the elitist thing on clean energy she yammered about.  If all you saw today was the opening segment your assume it was the Meghan McCain Show.  I’m back to screaming at the TV again.  Also, sum us legal note...im xurious nowmmany regular people have others managing their social media.  She was the VP of her dads construction company...so she really needed a PR team? Much of this happened before she was a candidate.  

Edited by Rainyhawk
Add another comment
  • Love 5

MeAgain doesn't want the country to create new clean jobs to help both the economy and the climate, because....John Kerry has a private jet.

Come On What GIF by MOODMAN

MeAgain doesn't believe in solar energy which she herself said has been around for decades because Bill Maher can't get solar panels installed?

Maria Sharapova Shut Up GIF by WTA

• LOL 7
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

It seems like Sara pissed off wardrobe today, because her shirt is a choice....

😂 Not gonna lie, I kind of like it. I love super feminine clothing though. I'm the kind of millennial who wears lots of pearls and dresses. 

Meghan's got a bold lip today, but she looks gorgeous. The makeup is glamorous but not cartoonish. 

Anyone else feel really flat when they see Bevy Smith? lol

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 1

I love it when MeAgain is quoted online and sounds stupid but she doesn't even realize it.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/meghan-mccain-equates-e2-80-98whack-job-e2-80-99-marjorie-taylor-greene-with-eric-swalwell/ar-BB1dbmGt

4 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Not gonna lie, I kind of like it. I love super feminine clothing though. I'm the kind of millennial who wears lots of pearls and dresses. 

Me too, especially that it was the right colour for her. They keep putting her in colours that wash her out.

I thought Sunny looked especially gorgeous today.

And Whoopi does seem to be wearing eyeshadow and lipstick these days. But she didn't know how to pronounce QAnon. 👀

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
Just now, bannana said:

I thought Sunny looked especially gorgeous today.

She did. Sunny's look is pretty consistently gorgeous to me. I know some people don't always love her hair/makeup, but she doesn't do weird yellow stuff around her eyes or lots of glitter and crap. She's kind of like me where she experiments but still likes a professional look. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

Has Meghan always had these quick-spoken lengthy rants? 

It does seem like she’s more revved up than normal, although she was always a mic hog. 

1 hour ago, njbchlover said:

, but I'm assuming that Meghan asked or commented about wearing three masks? 

Yes she did. She asked Dr Jha and was this [] close to complaining again about Dr Fauci making her give away her masks. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

I see MeeeeAgain drank her Carnation Instant Bitch this morning while taking notes on Hannity's screed from yesterday to get ready for today's show.    She is starting to remind me of Bitsy in that way, but worse.  I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'd rather listen to Elizabeth Hasselbeck.    I'd rather listen to Abby or Jed, and wow, was the View stupid to let Nicolle Wallace go.

• LOL 5
  • Love 10
23 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

She did. Sunny's look is pretty consistently gorgeous to me. I know some people don't always love her hair/makeup, but she doesn't do weird yellow stuff around her eyes or lots of glitter and crap. She's kind of like me where she experiments but still likes a professional look. 

What little I saw today, I thought Sunny looked very nice today, too.  She sometimes overdoes the extensions a bit, but for the most part, as you said, she is consistently gorgeous.  

On the subject of makeup - I know it was discussed earlier this week, but I do think that Whoopi IS wearing purple/lavender eye shadow behind those blue/violet tinted eyeglasses.  At least it looked that way to me today.  

• Love 3
8 hours ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

I pledged in college, so I’ll chime in here. Masons are a different thing entirely, although there are some people who get involved in both. 

I'm not really ignorant (just trying to soften any perceived snippiness).  I was the Catholic daughter, granddaughter, ex-wife, ex-daughter-in-law of Masons and Shriners* and they all had to mansplain to me WHY Black men couldn't join these organizations.  The answer?  Every time: "They have their own." I didn't 'splain to THEM WHY they had their own.   *With Eastern Star, Job's Daughters, Rainbow Girls, Ladies Oriental Shrine Daughters of the Nile, etc. thrown in.  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Mrs Huffnagle said:

wow, was the View stupid to let Nicolle Wallace go.

Nicolle WHO?   Just kidding (and I don't like when people write/say "just kidding)...  I've read that Nicolle is still a bit sad that she was let go...but just LOOK where she landed!  She's a Top Dog now.  Meghan couldn't handle that job.

• Love 16