Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 1/25/2021

falltime
  • Start Topic

Today they interviewed Cecelia Vega as the new chief WH correspondent for ABC.  I thought John Karl was the chief WH correspondent ? Did he lose his job with the change in administration ?  Or am I missing something ?  I really enjoyed Karl when he guested on the show and explained things in the past four years. They gave no explanation today when they congratulated Vega on her new position.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

Sara made a lot of sense in that clip. And I don't think Meghan misinterpreted what Katie Couric said about Trump republicans needing deprogrammed.  I think Meghan whether she meant to or not admitted she backs Trump.

You are right.  She admitted it. Probably why she used one of his tactics. She rambled on and on was able to insinuate that Katie Couric basically said all Republicans need to be deprogrammed. Wasn’t the  conversation about how is Congress going to work together?  I didn’t know Katie Couric was a member of Congress. And she did it to deceive and divide.  She’s a liar.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, LetsStartTalking said:

Today they interviewed Cecelia Vega as the new chief WH correspondent for ABC.  I thought John Karl was the chief WH correspondent ? Did he lose his job with the change in administration ?  Or am I missing something ?  I really enjoyed Karl when he guested on the show and explained things in the past four years. They gave no explanation today when they congratulated Vega on her new position.

Google tells me Cecilia was promoted to chief WH correspondent, and Jonathan is launching a new show on ABC Live. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, gatopretoNYC said:

I really liked Sunny's hair today.

I like it, too. Her hair and makeup looked good, but I hated the color of her top.  Once again, between her hair, makeup, and outfit, Sunny usually only gets 2/3.

Edited by Vanderboom
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, bannana said:

Even though I love Meghan being called out more and more in the media it will only cause her to double down and as 2Jewell says

1 hour ago, 2JEWELL said:

I wonder if she addresses this on Tuesdays show.  Will they go back and giver the chance to say “That’s not at all what I said. They just pick on me because I am the fave of the Republican Party”

So either Meghan identifies with the crowd Katie Couric says need deprogrammed or she has a serious cognitive skill impairment and doesn't  understand what people say.

And Meghan can just quit with the horror of conservatives being criticized for their beliefs.  Do you know how many times liberals/progressives have been called mentally ill? And she  needs to stop with the 74 million Trump voters need to have their concerns heard and blah blah blah.  Their concerns were  heard when they cast their vote.  She wasn't on the View till almost a year after Trump was elected but I doubt she would have been saying the 70 million + Hillary voters needed to have their voices  heard.

She is going to continue to get even nastier and spouting off ridiculous stuff.  She is nothing if not a team player and she will support her team no matter what.

Edited by ifionlyknew
  • Useful 1
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, ifionlyknew said:

And she  needs to stop with the 74 million Trump voters need to have their concerns heard and blah blah blah.  Their concerns were  heard when they cast their vote.

Meghan is now glued to her "74 million Trump voters" horse.

She will NEVER shut up about that.

• LOL 6
  • Love 14

What the heck is with Meg’s yellow eyes???

Meg, if you feel that Katie Couric’s comments did not come across well it’s because YOU choose to misinterpret them. No one outside of your ilk misunderstood who she was talking about. 

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 7
  • Love 17

No, Meghan - that was NOT "just a little bit of a rant".....whatever the fuck you were trying to say got lost again in a ridiculous diatribe.  Stick to the bullet points on your cards, for fuck's sake!!!  Your opinion and thoughts would be better received and easier understood.  She reminds me of when Trump used to speak and go "off script" - just babbling and non-sensical word salad.  And, again, with the Katie Couric comment!!  

I just figured it out - she has to justify her opinion that Trump should be impeached to the rest of the Republicans who she thinks hang on her every word as a political pundit.  

The other take away I got was that being a Republican is the MOST important thing in her life - she said it is her "whole life"....what about her daughter - shouldn't her daughter and husband be her whole life now???  

That yellow shit on her eyes looks like her eyes are leaking yucky eye infection crud!  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 14
15 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

Meg: It’s really hard for me to come on the show these days.

Me: SO QUIT!!!!

Too bad she’s willing to die fighting for the same party that sold out her family. If she quit after they censured her mother I’d have a tiny shred of respect for her.

Not too hard to come on the show and drop news about her new book coming out in the Spring!!  

• LOL 4
  • Love 11
2 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

The other take away I got was that being a Republican is the MOST important thing in her life -

I wish she would explain why this is.  It's not her job no matter how many times she says it is.  I don't see her out there actively campaigning for candidates.  I don't see her being part of any movement or protest in support of any political issue.  That ad she did for same sex marriage was years ago.  Why does she live and breathe politics?  I follow politics and enjoy talking about it but I would never say it's the most important thing in my life.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, OnTime said:

I just can't with MM anymore, we've all said and you've all say it better than I.  I just can not stand her anymore.  Anyone remember on Seinfeld when Kramer had reactions to Mary Hart's voice.....that's me with MM's voice.  She ruins the show for me. 

• Love 18

Meghan: 74 million people voted for Trump!

Also Meghan: Don't lump all conservatives/Republicans together!

Also Meghan: its just me, Liz, and Mitt. Were the only ones who want to impeach Trump!

Does she get dizzy trying to keep it all straight?

Edited by DB in CMH
  • LOL 8
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, Bronzedog said:

They run out of time for Joy to ask a question but Meghan can go on lengthy rants whenever she talks.

This is why I just can't watch the show right now.  I'm sick of McCain but I could cope if she wasn't being given so much airtime in comparison to the others.  I can (and do) hit mute when she's speaking but it's gotten ridiculous.

• Love 15
3 minutes ago, DB in CMH said:

Also Meghan: its just me, Liz, and Mitt. Were the only ones who want to impeach Trump!

Didn't she just yesterday say how people like Liz Cheney were going to pay a price for backing impeachment?  

So is Meghan saying Republicans who back impeachment should stick to their guns or should they listen to their base which is what she said yesterday?

• Love 11

Omgosh- that last segment was painful.  Whoopi and Joy “go ahead “.  “No, you go ahead”.  And Meghan’s looking off in to nowhere.  This show is funny when it doesn’t want to be!

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
26 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

I just can't with MM anymore, we've all said and you've all say it better than I.  I just can not stand her anymore.  Anyone remember on Seinfeld when Kramer had reactions to Mary Hart's voice.....that's me with MM's voice.  She ruins the show for me. 

Ha! He had seizures. Hoping you are spared that fate, TV Diva Queen!

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, carrps said:

Ha! He had seizures. Hoping you are spared that fate, TV Diva Queen!

I forgot about the seizures......I just remembered he had a reaction of some sort.  Now I'm envisioning his seizures and having a good laugh  Thank you!

• Love 4
2 hours ago, OnTime said:

What's funny and something she doesn't mention is that for many of the 74 million voters, what they want is what the Dems are trying to give them.  Wish one of the others would point that out just once.  And does she ever say what it is that they want and what they're saying that we should listen to?

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, Rainyhawk said:

And does she ever say what it is that they want and what they're saying that we should listen to?

No because that 74 million don't all want the same thing. Meghan acts like those 74 million voters voted as a bloc. Does she think they all want what she wants?  Well she probably does but she would be wrong of course.  For someone who says she hates identity politics she sure does seem to identify herself politically.  

• Love 12
2 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

I guess the other panelists can't be relied on to remind the pundint that 81 million did not vote for Trump.

In Megan's eyes and her team, their votes are not legitimate especially the Black ones. It is why her side refuses to accept reality..

• Love 11

Digesting today's show...

1. What they hell was in the corners of MeAgain's eyes ??? Did she smear Crayola's 'Yellow Sunshine' crayons in them ? She looked like a rebellious 8 year old, craving attention in the classroom.

2. Wendy Williams, who should really stay about fifteen feet away from the camera on her computer since close-ups are not her friend, had so much to say and absolutely nothing to say. All I got from her is what a good, good, good person she is - just simply misunderstood in the public eye. Does she really think she's that influential and that popular in our society that we need a documentary and a movie about her life ?

3. After MeAgain's rant this morning (which she lost me after the first thirty seconds), the camera cuts to Whoopi - who looked dazed and confused after MeAgain finished. She then caught herself  and said "Allright..." and continued with the show. I guess she was trying to process what MeAgain had to say, and just couldn't. I've noticed the other hosts (especially Sunny and Joy) hardly respond to what MeAgain says during 'Hot Topics' - it's just not worth it any more. They just let her exhaust herself, and they continue on.

• LOL 8
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, WinnieWinkle said:

This is why I just can't watch the show right now.  I'm sick of McCain but I could cope if she wasn't being given so much airtime in comparison to the others.  I can (and do) hit mute when she's speaking but it's gotten ridiculous.

Meghan gets a lot of airtime by speakinginonelongrun-onsentencewithnopausessoitsnearlyimpossibletointerrupther.

Whoopi waits for a pause, then moves on the the next thing.  Meghan talks until she runs out of breath.  she inhales, and that's Whoopi's cue to move to the next person.  Lately, WHoopi doesn't even seem to be listening, she just waits for that pause, and says "OK then."  

Edited by tinkerbell
  • LOL 12
  • Love 6

Every day now seems to be like this: 

Meghan:

78j4.gif.e31c5e5b980034cf97aac821c0316e29.gif

The rest of them:

tenor.gif.dd982ec5c4d01e5b1d3b727ecb806769.gif

I understand that all the baby books tell you to let the baby have her temper tantrum, ignore it and then move on but that doesn't exactly make for great tv watching and I am pretty much over it already.  Not being able to work together in the studio was the best thing to ever happen for Meghan because it allows her to get away with more & more. 

• LOL 14
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Meghan gets a lot of airtime by speakinginonelongrun-onsentencewithnopausessoitsnearlyimpossibletointerrupther.

Whoopi waits for a pause, then moves on the the next thing.  Meghan talks until she runs out of breath.  she inhales, and that's Whoopi's cue to move to the next person.  Lately, WHoopi doesn't even seem to be listening, she just waits for that pause, and says "OK then."  

I really think they are all given a script with their part, just like a movie. Whoopi doesn't need to listen she has the script also.

They all know what each other is going to say. Joy and Sunny are much better at their part sounding natural because it is clear they know what they want to say.

Sara just reads her script and Meghan is on such a mission to exhaust us that she is a conservative republican and that world revolves around her.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

I wish she would explain why this is.  It's not her job no matter how many times she says it is.  I don't see her out there actively campaigning for candidates.  I don't see her being part of any movement or protest in support of any political issue.  That ad she did for same sex marriage was years ago.  Why does she live and breathe politics?  I follow politics and enjoy talking about it but I would never say it's the most important thing in my life.

It is also odd because both her parents have joined with others across the aisle, so why hasn't MM lived and breathed that?  Instead Missy sticks to the far-right talking points on her blue cards.

3 hours ago, mtlchick said:

DOGGIE!  Bernie is sooooooo cute.  

and much better behaved than Meghan

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11

It seems like everyday has now become a therapy session for Megan to tell us how hard it is to be a Republican in America. It is off-putting and offensive on so many levels.  At this point I am just embarrassed for her...

• Love 19