Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 1/25/2021

falltime
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, ForumLou said:

Well, she went from a woman dominated show to what i call a Good Ol Boys Club (my opinion only). I would miss it a lot too. It would just be different.  Why can't we trade back MM for NW?  Give her a chance.  She's way more mature than MM. I like the idea heh

I love Nicolle, and I try never to miss Deadline Whitehouse. I think she is much more in her element there.  She gets to talk politics with people who know what they’re talking about!

• Love 13
1 hour ago, bannana said:

Here's an article that captures the dust-up between Ana and MeAgain, and Joy laughing and pissing off Me-Again.

"I only was giggling because I think Meghan has missed her calling as a financial adviser,” Behar added. “You really know what you are talking about."

Edited by suomi
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
29 minutes ago, suomi said:

"I only was giggling because I think Meghan has missed her calling as a financial adviser,” Behar added. “You really know what you are talking about."

It sucks that MeAgain was actually right about what an important story it was, even if her elitist view about WHY it was important was 180 degrees from the truth. The "story" wasn't that Disney stock might be in danger, like Meghan whined (it's not and never was--this was ONLY about companies in financial trouble getting their stocks shorted and a unique series of events this week linked to that), it was that the fiasco actually proved what Joy frequently talks about, the little guy getting screwed, and sadly Joy and Ana didn't get that relevance anymore than Meghan did. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

Anyone notice MM calls men by Mr or their working title  (or women she respects by their title?)- but called Kate Bedingfield  "Kate" today?

Just have to say women like Ana and "Kate" are equals in the political world - they know politicians as adults.

Meghan knows them  only as Daddy's friends. Not adult one to one.

Like Ana does being such a staunch R for so many years until now.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
10 hours ago, ForumLou said:

Why can't we trade back MM for NW?  Give her a chance.  She's way more mature than MM. I like the idea heh

• Nicolle's going back to "The View" would be steps back in prestige and income.  BIG steps.
  • It would be like asking George Clooney to go back on "Roseanne."
  • LOL 6
  • Love 13
11 hours ago, LetsStartTalking said:

As soon as she cut in with it, Joy quickly shut her up to say 'We're going to save that for Monday with Whoopi'. I guess Ana didn't get the memo ?

WHOA!  Can you IMAGINE the loud and long FLAK Whoopi would bring on Monday if anyone else had the NERVE to memorialize Cecily Tyson? Now I'll have to watch this episode...bummer.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, suomi said:

I was working while I had The View on, but that's what I heard too. Too funny that Meghan actually knowing what she's talking about brings the giggles out of Joy! hehehe 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, LetsStartTalking said:

Ana made a big mistake as the show was closing today, and she wanted to pay tribute to Cicley Tyson who passed away yesterday. As soon as she cut in with it, Joy quickly shut her up to say 'We're going to save that for Monday with Whoopi'. I guess Ana didn't get the memo ?

8 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

WHOA!  Can you IMAGINE the loud and long FLAK Whoopi would bring on Monday if anyone else had the NERVE to memorialize Cecily Tyson? Now I'll have to watch this episode...bummer.

This is some serious bullshit right here!!  So, let me get this straight, the dear woman dies on Thursday and the very next day, Ana wasn't 'allowed' to speak of it because Miss TGIF who takes every Friday off wasn't there and only *she* is allowed to speak of it?  On Monday?  4 days later?  This is fucked up and it's the little things like this that tell me ALL I need to know about Whoopi Goldberg. 

Oh, and Ana doesn't even work on Mondays, so that was her only chance to say something about it!  GRRR

Edited by Cementhead
  • Love 14
On 1/27/2021 at 1:21 PM, AryasMum said:

Regarding if kids should return to the classroom:

My neighbors are healthcare workers with a baby, and a huge Standard Poodle puppy.  The puppy is extremely rambunctious, but they can’t get a dog trainer to come help because of the “risk”.  So at first it pissed me off.  You’re more than happy to have healthcare workers risk death if you have Covid, but you refuse to help them due to a risk of being exposed.  Then I realized, dog trainers did not sign up to die. They signed up to help dogs.

IMO, teachers did not sign up to die. Teachers did not sign up to baby sit, be psych counselors, enable parents to return to work. They signed up to teach children - which can be done online.  Let’s face it, this is another problem specific to the US. We don’t have proper public childcare, we aren’t receiving sustainable relief $, and as Whoopi implied, not all children have access to the internet and computers needed. 

I’ve listened to parents complain for almost a year now. The vast majority simply want their kids to go back because there is no one to care  for them at home.  That is no an inherent responsibility of teachers.  It’s not teachers’ faults that we have pour health insurance when it comes to mental illness.  I’m not sure teachers should have to risk their lives, and the lives of their families, because some children are struggling with mental illness. 

That father hysterically screaming about his garbage service is comparing apples to oranges.  There is no comparison to collecting bagged garbage with gloved hands, to having a classroom of children, many too young to effectively and continuously wear a mask, sneezing, snotting, and coughing all over them.  My friend is a first grade teacher, and while she loves her job, she has told me about how they’re always hanging on her and touching her with their unwashed hands.  I was a peds nurse and it was the only time in my life I experienced sinus infections and laryngitis. And that doesn’t even take into account the school districts who refuse to enforce masks.

Having said all of this, healthcare workers didn’t sign up to die, unintentionally infect those they live with, or kill their elderly family members. But they tend to be like fire fighters - they’re running in while everyone else is running out. 

Thank you for standing up for teachers, such as myself.

I also teach 1st grade. I am required to teach from my classroom to accommodate the students who attend in person. I have five students in the classroom and 12 students virtual. 

I am forever grateful to the parents that keep their children at home. I realize that they do it to protect their children, but it protects me, as well.

I love Sara, but I couldn't believe that she said that it's important that schools reopen because many parents need childcare (amongst other things.) I AM NOT A BABYSITTER! ....oooh, makes me so mad. I'd love to charge per child and per the hour!

I wish people that insist on schools being open spent a full day in a classroom--a 20x20 room with up to 25 children in it. Like I said, right now I only have 5 in the classroom with me, but I constantly have to be reminding them to fix their mask, sanitize their hands, social distance, etc. I can only imagine how it'd be if all make students were forced to return.

On 1/29/2021 at 11:22 AM, pachebo said:

my cable provider (comcast) usually posts the shows next day, but they skipped ep 86 (tuesday) with wendy williams. I also checked the abc site and it did not show up until yesterday (it's still not listed on comcast). The cynical part of me (like 95%) suspected that Wendy herself had probably tried to quash it.  I have long considered her a vile creature in general, but after finally seeing her segments, I am pretty convinced that she is not a well person at all (not that I particularly care, but still...)

That's probably because of the Freemason sweater debacle.

On 1/29/2021 at 1:32 PM, LetsStartTalking said:

Ana made a big mistake as the show was closing today, and she wanted to pay tribute to Cicley Tyson who passed away yesterday. As soon as she cut in with it, Joy quickly shut her up to say 'We're going to save that for Monday with Whoopi'. I guess Ana didn't get the memo ? I knew something was up when they didn't mention it in the beginning (though they didn't mention Cloris Leachman's passing yesterday on the show).

It is so wrong for the show to purposely delay a Cicely Tyson acknowledgement/tribute only because Whoopie has to do it.

If it was so important that Whoopi do it then Whoopi should have made an exception and been there this Friday.

And, also, Joy could have been more tactful. She didn't need to cut off Ana. She simply could have gone along with Ana, acknowledged CT's death, and said Whoopi will have a more fitting tribute on Monday.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
24 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Stay safe, Bliss. Hope you are in a state that is vaccinating teachers as essential workers. 

Thank you. 

Nope. Texas here. Teachers must wait their turn....y'know, like when it's available to the masses.

• Love 2
On 1/30/2021 at 9:49 AM, Cementhead said:

This is some serious bullshit right here!!  So, let me get this straight, the dear woman dies on Thursday and the very next day, Ana wasn't 'allowed' to speak of it because Miss TGIF who takes every Friday off wasn't there and only *she* is allowed to speak of it?  On Monday?  4 days later?  This is fucked up and it's the little things like this that tell me ALL I need to know about Whoopi Goldberg. 

Oh, and Ana doesn't even work on Mondays, so that was her only chance to say something about it!  GRRR

The only thing I can think of is that a memorial to Tyson by Goldberg on Monday, Feb 1, will kick off their annual 'Black History Month' celebration. I'm assuming they must've had a meeting Thursday after the news of Tyson, and Whoopi (or someone else) may have said to revamp their kick-off on Monday, and do a special tribute to Tyson (let's count the times Whoopi uses the word 'amazing' to describe Tyson: 'an amazing woman', and 'amazing actress', and 'amazing American', etc.). 

The others will share their thoughts about Tyson:  Sunny will say she knew her personally - she was very good friends with 'Miss Tyson'. Joy will then mention 'Sounder' and 'Roots', Meghan will bring up Daddy McCain, and Sarah will tell us she has a gay brother.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, LetsStartTalking said:

I didn't know anything about this 'virtual event' with Goldberg honoring Tyson which was scheduled for Thursday. NOW this definitely makes sense, and why they are saving the news on Tyson's death so Goldberg could be there. This should wait for Monday for Goldberg to be there. Ana really screwed up, or the producers did - by not telling her to stay quiet on Tyson's death.

Capture.jpg

I'd be amazed if Whoopi DOESN'T mention it.   It was literally supposed to happen the same day she died.

And a different book tour appearance, with Tyler Perry taking the interviewer spot was scheduled tomorrow. Because I guess Cicely Tyson could swing different A-list celebrities interviewing her for each book tour event.

Capture.jpg

I'm late to this topic but regarding Ana and Ms Tyson, i don't think Joy was reprimanding Ana or anything.  She was ending the show w/ the time limits.  Ana knew she wouldn't be here Monday and had it on her heart to acknowledge CT.  Joy was just saying W will have something on her Monday.  That's why not Friday.  But even if so, nothing wrong with Friday and Monday, she is worthy of the tributes 

• Love 6