Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E05: The Bag Ball

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Act 1:

I've watched this preview a few times now to give it a chance and I'm not sure which part brings me less joy: all the tension in the beginning or the mini challenge theme. The first act almost makes me want to skip the premiere tomorrow night and just wait for amazon to add it to my season pass so I can fast forward through this stuff.

I can NOT with Silky Jr....er, I mean Kandy Muse.  She’s obviously the loudest queen in the room, and feels like her opinion is the only one that counts, but I can’t understand half of what she says without the closed captioning on my TV and she talks allllll the damn time.

I’m unspoiled, but I can bet she’ll make the finale.

• Love 20

I can't with Kandy. How she didn't get read for that makeup is beyond me.  Plus she never lets anyone finish a damn sentence before barreling over them with yet another unsolicited opinion. She talks soooo much.

I am a member of the Tamisha Iman Goon Squad (Have Bat, Will Travel), and I was tickled with how Tamisha silently walked up on Kandy while she was talking shit in Untucked.  Kandy better watch herself; Mother looks like she carries knives and razor blades in her drag...

The right Queen went home.  Lala ate her up! It was over when she picked up the money Joey threw.  I loved that! 

• LOL 3
  • Love 19
27 minutes ago, CraftyHazel said:

I can NOT with Silky Jr....er, I mean Kandy Muse.  She’s obviously the loudest queen in the room, and feels like her opinion is the only one that counts, but I can’t understand half of what she says without the closed captioning on my TV and she talks allllll the damn time.

I’m unspoiled, but I can bet she’ll make the finale.

She makes me sick! I love how Tamisha calls her out so calmly. Mama said “I said what I said”.

• Love 14

Kandy projecting her own shit onto Eliott... (Darling Eliott calmly holding her own!)

Then I thought at one point she was going to headbutt Tamisha! Loud, opinionated, aggressive, and really arrogant - which is odd for a queen who escapes the bottom unreasonably, and so often. This is going to be a loooong season.

Sad Joey Jay left so early. She reminded me of Jan Sport, and kind of got the same treatment off Ru, while others skate by. I guess Kandy provides the 'fireworks'. It's exhausting.

• Love 12

My bottom three picks were the same as the judges.  I thought Tamisha would be in the bottom two instead of La La Ri though, because La La had at least one good look, but that final gift bag look was definitely the worst look of the runway.

My choices for tops were mostly different. I thought Gottmik was the clear winner, but I thought Olivia Lux and Denali would also be in the top three.

I’m worried for Olivia. I think she may be the Jan of this season, where no matter how hard she tries, she just can’t break through. There’s no talking to Ru.  Ru believes there’s life after Lux. I can hear something inside her say, she really doesn’t think she’s strong enough, no.

Kandy said she had a crush on Joey Jay, yet she’d rather waste precious time yelling at Tamisha than get in that last goodbye. She can't be that horny.

• Love 1

So mad right now. Why on earth was Kandy safe while Joey Jay was in the bottom? At least Joey's looked like she tried to deconstruct the bags. Kandy hotglued actual backpacks to her waist. As much as I loathe Santino, he would have destroyed her. And the producers tricked me. I really thought they were going to send Kandy home because she was in interview room all the damn time, and they didn't feature Joey much at all. 

I was so pissed that I didn't watch untucked. Looks like I'll have to watch Queen Tamisha. 

• Love 13
(edited)

Denali's crash test dummy look was a fun take on the bag theme. Her Cruella de Ville look was immediately recognizable and it was well put together. I liked how colorful her sugar skull look was.

Joey Jay's look was more nurse than IV bag, and when Carson repeatedly tried to throw her a bone, she refused to take it. Listen to Nicole, honey. If the judges are trying to give you credit for putting more thought/humor/meaning into your look, TAKE IT. Her Annie Lenox/Kill Bill look was not my favorite moneybags look. It was a red blazer with black leggings - nothing to write home about. Her face looked particularly beautiful in the last look but I hated that ponytail wig she was wearing.

LaLa Ri's bag of bones look was not very good. It looked like a last minute costume party craft project. The burlap sack at the bottom looked messy. Her moneybags look was an improvement, but I think I would have liked it better if the colors had been just a smidge brighter so that it would stand out more on the runway. LaLa Ri's final bag look was terrible. I understand that she ran out of little gift bags to glue together, but even without that issue, it was literally just gift bags glued together. She had no shape in it at all. I wish she had realized she could cut each bag in half so that she could use the front and back of each bag and have twice as much material to use.

I didn't know that Elliott's look was supposed to be a gift bag until she explained it, which is never a good thing. I liked her exaggerated business suit for the moneybags look. The red was very striking and the very constructed shoulder pads made it stand out. Her final outfit did not look like it was made that day out of bags.

Tamisha's old bag was funny but it was all in her presentation, not her actual outfit. Her moneybags look was fine but not great. I wanted her actual outfit to be more. I appreciate that her final look was very sparkly and shiny but it looked like what it was: a bunch of crap glued together just like a Project Runway unconventional materials challenge. But she did give herself a great silhouette.

Symone's fun bags look was like Jessica Rabbit on steroids. Her pink jumpsuit really stood out in the moneybags category. Her final look was way too basic for a design challenge. It was still better than LaLa Ri's though.

Olivia's boxer look was cute. I liked her moneybags look too. The contrasting lining was a nice surprise, as were the flowers on her [sponsored by Coach] purse. Her final look was colorful but it looked too crafty.

Gottmik's body bag/cadaver look was definitely a different take on the bag theme, but I didn't like that it was just a leotard. I liked her rhinestone pinstriped suit much better. Her final look sounded interesting when she explained it in the workroom but it looked too basic on the runway.

Rosé's bagpipes look was good. I didn't love her moneybags look, but I did get her 80s vibe. Her final look looked well constructed (did she make the bra and panties?) but I didn't like that she just attached a bunch of round bags as a skirt.

Tina Burner's brown paper bag look was a bit basic aside from the alcohol bogs attached to the bottom. I really loved her houndstooth moneybags outfit though. She looked amazing in that. Her final look did not fit well. If we're going to pit beanbag against beanbag, Elliot did a much better job.

I wasn't a fan of Kandy's magician look (sorry, bag of tricks look) because her tricks were doing the work but the outfit didn't really convey magician. It was a top with a kitty cat face and a cape. I hated her moneybags look. It was pink underwear with an oversized blazer.  Her final look was awful. The backpack skirt was just terrible. It looked messy, homemade, ill fitting, and tacky. The top was slightly better but it still was not good. How she was not in the bottom three I do not know. Her outrage at not being in the top told me how delusional she is. She thought all three of her looks in this episode were on point? GURL. And for her to criticize Tamisha's taste level? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

It wasn't immediately clear how Utica's doggy look fit the theme, but what she was wearing looked so fun that I didn't care. Her black moneybags look wasn't much in theory but it looked great on the runway. I liked her final look more than I thought I would. She was smart to insert the gores to alternate the colors. I liked how she shaped the red panel in the front to create even more shape.

I loved that Elliott called Kandy out on her interrupting. I can't stand rude assholes who interrupt (and make no mistake - if you interrupt people regularly, you are a rude asshole) but Kandy is the absolute worst. She asked Elliott a question, Elliott began to answer, Kandy interrupted her, Elliott told her that she hadn't had a chance to answer yet, and then Kandy said she was going to throw a can across the room at her. Seriously, STFU, Kandy. And then to frame being a shady bitch as "I'm telling you as a sister" just made me roll my eyes. And of course Kandy thinks that she gets to decide when to say, "Moving on - next." Because this is Kandy's world and we are only allowed to speak when she gives us permission and stops speaking long enough to let someone else say two words, and we're only allowed to discuss topics while Kandy wants to discuss them.

She is fucking exhausting to be around because she sucks the air out of the room with her constant need to control the conversation. She seems to truly believe that "I just say it how it is" means she's exempt from having a nasty attitude. You can be honest without being an asshole. She clearly hasn't mastered that yet (especially her "honesty" is her opinion, not facts).

And yes, there IS a difference between being confident and being arrogant and Kandy is arrogant (and unwarrantedly arrogant because her looks have been awful). She said that she wants to be called out when she's being arrogant, but when she did get called out on being arrogant she got upset and started yelling at everyone and concluded with "LET ME BE ARROGANT!" The constant overtalking made me mute the show because I could not stand listening to her scream on top of whoever else was talking.

I'm guessing she's one of those people who announces on Facebook/Instagram "I'M LEAVING BECAUSE YOU ARE ALL BITCHES!" She kept saying she had to leave the room to cool down but then she kept staying so she could yell some more and announce her departure again. The true sign of a drama queen. If she actually wanted to leave, she would have left. She kept announcing it because she wanted more drama.

I just cannot with Kandy announcing that everyone needed to pick a side and come talk to her. Seriously, is this sixth grade?

I really hope that when she sees this season air, she realizes how angry and defensive she is and finds a way to take a breath and then figure out a way to learn and grow from this. She could learn a thing or two from Elliott who responded so calmly and rationally.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 21

Henceforth, I will be referring to Kandy as Kandy Musemeg Ganache. Jeezus. I was so hoping that after such a nice and positive group last season, that casting would see that the troublemaking loud shit stirrer isn't necessary. Silly me. Tamisha's looks weren't quite up to the level I expected, but I adore her and her no BS self. I had no idea Rose was Scottish - love the accent! Use it all the time!

• Love 12
54 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I wasn't a fan of Kandy's magician look (sorry, bag of tricks look) because her tricks were doing the work but the outfit didn't really convey magician. It was a top with a kitty cat face and a cape. I hated her moneybags look. It was pink underwear with an oversized blazer.  Her final look was awful. The backpack skirt was just terrible. It looked messy, homemade, ill fitting, and tacky. The top was slightly better but it still was not good. How she was not in the bottom three I do not know. Her outrage at not being in the top told me how delusional she is. She thought all three of her looks in this episode were on point? GURL. And for her to criticize Tamisha's taste level? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

She also questioned Joey Jay's taste level! Even with no wig, Joey looked more put together than Kandy.  All of Kandy's looks have that "I"M A HOE!" theme running through and I am tired.  Even hoes can dress up and look cute sometimes.

• Love 9

As much as I love Gottmik, I believe Utica should've won the ball. That sleeping bag look was insane, and like the guest judge said (I'm sorry I missed her name) it's unbelievable that she managed to produce that outfit in the same amount of time it took LaLaRi to glue 15 paper bags to a corset. That kind of craftsmanship trumps everything else (and her other two looks were not bad either) and deserves to be rewarded, IMO. 

That said, I adored Denali's Dia de los Muertos outfit, it was beautifully made and she looked stunning. I somehow think she's not getting the attention she deserves. Same goes for the lovely Olivia Lux, who after a couple episodes seems to have taken the back seat. 

I won't even comment on Kandy Ganache Kane because I can't believe she's still here. She is SO mean, and I haven't even watched untucked yet!

• Love 20

Watching Kandy melt down over getting the tiniest of reads makes me think what an apocalyptic mess she would have been if she'd had to untuck with the S1-S3 girls. "I don't care for some of you, but I will admit y'all turned it this week" was truly the softest backhanded compliment possible. People have been comparing Kandy to Silky, which imo makes no sense because Silky actually had great faith in her skillset. Kandy's desperation for affirmation and attention reminds me more of Eureka...but Eureka was actually a strong drag queen which made her histrionics feel so unnecessary. Kandy is going to be in for a big surprise when she gets critiques again, but I can almost guarantee the next thing for Michelle is tearing into her makeup for coming across so uneven and muddy on stage.

Mik's win felt like producer riggery, but one that kind of makes sense. This was a challenge truly designed for Gottmik to shine, a 100% fashion queen moment. I think producers want to get a win under her belt because Gottmik really just doesn't have any sort of stage presence in the production numbers, and those tend to ramp up at this stage of the competition. 

Edited by rozen
  • Love 9

Kandy is so annoying and sloppy. It's going to be a rough season the longer she's around. 

FWIW I'm not up on the drag scene outside of Drag Race, but I don't get the Gottmik hype. 

I so enjoy Tamisha's whole vibe. She's giving me Diahann Caroll class, sass, and glamour.  

Utica is so nice. I like nice. 

Edited by funnygirl
  • Love 21
1 hour ago, rozen said:

Mik's win felt like producer riggery

That's how I feel about Kandy being Safe while Joey was in the bottom. There was no way Kandy would win against La La Ri. However as much as I enjoy the humorous lipsyncs, right now it seems like the easy path to a win, and that's not good either. 

I love Tamisha's exhaustion towards Kandy. I totally recognize it. As a fellow 50 year old, dealing with a flaky 20something on my grad school team, I feel this so hard. 

I don't know if I can take Kandy sucking the oxygen out of the room for Untucked. Can someone summarize it? 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Sugarbeetle said:

I don't know if I can take Kandy sucking the oxygen out of the room for Untucked. Can someone summarize it? 

It can definitely be exhausting since it's almost all Kandy speaking all the time. 

It opens with Kandy being shocked some of the safe girls weren't in the top, especially herself, naturally, as she feels she was very much classier tonight compared with her runway look like week. She then singles out Elliott as someone she thought might have gone into the bottom and that Elliott "doesn't know how to read the room."

Once the others return, the queens correctly guess who are the tops & bottoms, and Tamisha flips the script on them (I guess not really wanting to dwell on being in the bottom category) and states that while there are some queens she doesn't really like, she thinks everyone brought something to the floor. Kandy immediately guesses that she's one of Tamisha's least favorites, and the rest of the episode is Kandy yelling at Tamisha. Highlights include Tamisha calling Kandy arrogant at times and Kandy asking each queen if they agree, to which Elliott very calmly agrees. There's also a random minute of GottMik getting chased by a bee when three go outside for fresh air, but otherwise it's all Kandy until the elimination & goodbye segment.

Edited by DrBriCa
grammar good
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

I don't like aggression outside of a Vin Diesel movie. I don't like aggressive men in real life, and I really don't like aggressive women. So watching a drag queen getting aggressive while in drag is really unpleasant and destroys any last illusion. I just saw an overweight obnoxious man in makeup and a wig, blowing a cog because he wasn't in the top three and picking on someone that had been cast out by the "lower" group in that dumb split of the cast early on, in the Porkchop lounge... Then picking on the oldest one, and just generally getting shouty and blowing off so loudly.

Dangerous opinion! I don't like Gottmik at all. The fact they sided with Kandy Muse, along with Tina Burner - who I also don't like! - was rather gratifying...

I think I view Kandy as Silky 2 because she is so verbose and loud and pleased with herself, and unreasonably confident. Also, because she is overtaking the edit a lot of the time. But Silky was a ball of charm compared to this bull in a china shop aggro.

• Love 17

I was really pulling for Joey in the lip sync, because no one should be able to put together that paper bag monstrosity and stay in the competition. When I think about how much heat Aidan took last season for being "lazy" for her black-and-white outfit...imagine if she'd walked on stage in that!

Joey was very likable and cute, and the dynamic of a super-feminine gay man who transforms himself into an aggressive, lipstick-lesbian-chic drag queen is really interesting. Unfortunately, she just didn't have the ambition to take her style to the necessary level. When she said "filler queen," she wasn't kidding.

It should be painfully obvious to the queens that going for humor in the lip sync is always the smart move. Even if it's just a "funny" face, Ru and the judges will eat it up. In general, Ru really needs to go easy on the fake laughter.

Utica should have won. She made the most impressive garment I've ever seen anyone make in the workroom, and her other looks were very solid. Gottmik's money bags look was great, too - but the advantage should go to the contestant with the better final outfit, because that's the one they're solely responsible for.

The season premiere lip syncs really told us all we needed to know about who would be favored by the producers, didn't they?

• Love 18

Love when the show has tons of looks in one episode. Some were very basic and boring though so that was a bummer.

Kandy in Untucked exhausted me and I really thought she was going to stroke out. She cannot go away soon enough. Typical delusional narcissist.

Anyone who says they’ve never sewn before should get immediately eliminated. There is a sewing challenge every season, FFS. Have they not been watching for the last decade plus?

I was hoping this season would be less ridiculously melodramatic but I guess not. I am unhappy with Tina siding with the unpleasant Kandy. Snarky Tina reminds me of what we might have seen from Sherry Pie, had she not revealed herself to be a horrible human being.

Honestly for me, I forget all these queens, until I watch a new episode. I miss ladies like Monet and Nina.

• Love 4

I almost feel bad for Kandy, because the producers are playing her brilliantly by praising her just enough that her ego inflates, but not so much that she's actually winning. During the argument in Untucked, I wasn't sure she knew what "arrogant," meant, and she did my least favorite modern day trick where someone simultaneously denies being something while saying they'll keep being it. I think she's fine to keep around for now, but I hope she doesn't last to Top 4/5 without some kind of redemption arc. 

Overall, I enjoyed the episode. Feels like we've seen a lot of looks already this season, I wonder if that will keep going and whether it will impact anyone who may not have brought enough stuff. I'm with those who thought Utica should have won because making sleeping bags look like something other than a bunch of sleeping bags is a cool trick, but I'm not mad at Gottmik taking it. I was more bothered that Denali wasn't in the top, but I'm already stanning her (ice skates, her YouTube videos, that lip sync last week, her looks...love it all). 

I was super disappointed to see in the preview that  

Spoiler

Loni Love will be a guest judge again. Her comments about Shan Boodram, and subsequent lack of sincere apology from everything I've seen, really bother me, as a mixed-race person. If she'd made the same kind of identify-denying comments about a trans person she'd be erased from the show, and while I hate cancel culture (I think we need to allow people to apologize) I feel like she needs to be put on pause until she actually demonstrates an understanding of why her comments about Shan Boodram, and in a few other circumstances, can't just be written off as humor. There are dozens of funny people they could hire. Why her?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, Stardancer Supreme said:

I am a member of the Tamisha Iman Goon Squad (Have Bat, Will Travel), and I was tickled with how Tamisha silently walked up on Kandy while she was talking shit in Untucked.  Kandy better watch herself; Mother looks like she carries knives and razor blades in her drag...

Plus Tamisha beat cancer while raising 3 grown children and (metaphorically) siring a hundred drag children. She is truly the definition of a phoenix and I’d place my bet on Tamisha easily beating down Kandi’s ass if provoked.

• Love 14
1 minute ago, Not4Me said:

Plus Tamisha beat cancer while raising 3 grown children and (metaphorically) siring a hundred drag children. She is truly the definition of a phoenix and I’d place my bet on Tamisha easily beating down Kandi’s ass if provoked.

I know, but if Mother would rather not dirty her hands whooping that lesser queen, I am available!

• LOL 7
  • Love 4

Kandy is dumb as a box of rocks. I would feel sorry for her if she weren’t such an a hole.  Between Ru asking for her ‘musings’ and her interpretation of arrogant. Get off my screen.  Producers need to stop keeping these subpar individuals for drama. 
And Kade/Gottmik is on here because he is a celebrity make up artist and trans. It actually bothers me on behalf of drag performers/artists who have put in the work & sacrifice for having someone on the show that only has looks with zero performance ability. Hate her after running outside w Kandy  

also loved watching Kandy run away like a little girl.  Tamesha dont’t play. 

Edited by Kroliosis
  • Love 5

I understand that Tamisha came into Untucked in a bad mood.  She was smarting from being in the bottom three -- read for both her outfit AND her makeup.  So in her negative frame of mind, I can understand that she let slip some unnecessary negative talk, "Even though I don't like some of you...". What I do not understand is to whom she was referring when she said they "turned" it.  Was she actually referring to Kandy and Tina?  Because neither of them turned it. 

Edited by Just Carol
  • Love 2

I would have preferred Joey Jay to stay and Kandy should have been in the bottom.  Rose' didn't just hang round bags from her waist - she cut them in half and then covered the inside. They looked cool when she spun.  I'm just not loving Utica although she seems sweet. I don't like the way she grimaces when she is onstage. She needs to learn to control her expressions. I agreed that Tamisha's makeup was too harsh. You would think with her experience she would have a more adept hand at application.  

• Love 5

Sigh. Was it just two weeks ago that the Untucked lounge was radiating a warm glow of sisterhood and camaraderie? What a difference one loud, arrogant queen can make.

I thought Gottmik’s looks were fine, but not win-worthy. I liked Denali’s Dios de los Muertos look, and thought Utica should have won for both technique and creativity. You could tell she was disappointed to lose, but accepted it gracefully. (Take a note, Kandy.) And while I like Lala, I was annoyed by her flippant attitude while Utica was trying to help on the sewing machine. Maybe if she’d paid attention and taken it seriously, she wouldn’t have walked onto the runway looking like a discarded party favor.

I have come to the conclusion that a season with Kandy is actually worse than a season with Sherry Pie. I find myself in a similar position of waiting for her to GTFO already, but at least the edit made Sherry nearly invisible while Kandy is up in my face every. damn. week. It’s becoming intolerable.

5 hours ago, MsJamieDornan said:

Please, please make Kandy go away. Shut up, shut up, shut up.

If we all say it together three times, like Beetlejuice, will it happen??

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

I want to stick up for Gottmik's inclusion on this show. Drag Race has had a lot of transphobic issues around it in the past, and transmasc people are probably the least represented in media. Including a trans man as part of the cast is huge and there has been many a make-up-first queen on this show (Kim Chi most famously) who wasn't a fully rounded queen when they first arrived but who left a stronger, better performer. I'm super uncomfortable with the idea that Gottmik is stunt casting. I'm sure the producers did make a special effort to look for more trans and nonbinary queens when they did the casting, but Gottmik fits comfortably in the cast and is allowed to win in the category they most excel at. Trans queens have been both part of drag history and treated poorly by their cisters (GET IT?) for far too long, and they deserve equal recognition.

Also, I'm exhausted by Kandy, but she's nowhere the painful levels of Silky for me (yet). She has some polish and talent. But she is a bit of a bully toward Elliott and while Tamisha did sort of needle Kandy into exploding, good god, girl. Get a grip.

Edited by Rai
  • Love 7

Unpopular Opinion: I did not think Lala Ri out-lipsynched Joey Jay. I couldn't take my eyes off Joey. Then again that might be because I have a crush on him.

Rose looked so beautiful in the Scottish attire. I'm rooting for him.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, RoxiP said:

I agreed that Tamisha's makeup was too harsh. You would think with her experience she would have a more adept hand at application.  

I think that queens who are used to performing in clubs and competing in balls are used to painting for the back row because they're normally seen in a darker performance environment, and unfortunately that kind of makeup doesn't always read well under bright lights with high def cameras. The instagram girls have more of an advantage in this area because they're used to painting for closeups with better lighting.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7

Kandy has completely destroyed Untucked for me.  I was only able to take about 5 minutes of it before I had to shut it off.  I can barely take the tongue thrust in the THs, but when she started flapping about how she should have been in the top instead of thanking her deity of choice that she wasn't in the bottom the whole thing was just too much.

When I was in grade school, I had a slight lisp caused by tongue thrust and had speech therapy at school.  They also gave me exercises to practice at home like speaking while holding a cracker on the roof of your mouth with your tongue.  Bonus:  In adulthood it becomes a party trick!

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, Sile said:

but when she started flapping about how she should have been in the top instead of thanking her deity of choice that she wasn't in the bottom the whole thing was just too much.

I cant understand why all of the others haven't verbally smacked her down about always thinking she should be in the top.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, MsJamieDornan said:

I cant understand why all of the others haven't verbally smacked her down about always thinking she should be in the top.

I think most of the queens are terrified of being part of drama. If they give the editors the opportunity to give them a "mean girl" edit, they'll face the wrath of the fans, so they're inclined to stay out of whatever conflict is happening. (This is excluding the inherently toxic queens, of course, and the ones who are whores for any screentime they can get).

Most of the contestants also probably want to avoid being stuck in a bully's crosshairs.

With the exceptions of Sherry Pie and Brita, the season 12 queens came across quite well overall. But even in that group of "nice" queens, Heidi was the only one willing to stand up for Aidan.

I wish they'd get it through their heads that they'll actually be more popular if they stand up to the most obnoxious queens.

Edited by Blakeston
  • Love 5
19 hours ago, MsJamieDornan said:

I just watched Untucked. OMG   Please, please make Kandy go away. Shut up, shut up, shut up.

I finally got around to watching Untucked and I literally had to mute my TV because she was disintegrating my ears. I think more queens should've come forward and told her that yes, she is actually extremely arrogant and self-absorbed. 

20 hours ago, violet and green said:

Dangerous opinion! I don't like Gottmik at all. The fact they sided with Kandy Muse, along with Tina Burner - who I also don't like! - was rather gratifying...

Same! I mean, I like Gottmik a lot, but I was quite disappointed to see her laughing and joking with Kandy as if nothing were after the huge fit she had thrown like 5 seconds earlier. 

Edited by stormy weather
  • Love 4
43 minutes ago, stormy weather said:

I finally got around to watching Untucked and I literally had to mute my TV because she was disintegrating my ears. I think more queens should've come forward and told her that yes, she is actually extremely arrogant and self-absorbed. 

Same! I mean, I like Gottmik a lot, but I was quite disappointed to see her laughing and joking with Kandy as if nothing were after the huge fit she had thrown like 5 seconds earlier. 

I don't understand why Gottmik and Tina are so tight with Kandy.  It seems like they want to be the Heathers or the Ro-laska-tox of this season.  Except they really  aren't strong enough. Kandy paints for the last row, is more of a clown than an actress and I hope she isn't long for the show because she is mean and arrogant.  Tina has been one note and boring and seems like a filler queen and she is getting that edit.  I wonder if she is disappointed in how she is coming off. Gottmik is mostly a face queen and seems a bit out of place in any challenge that isn't about fashion. 

I was glad that Tamisha held her ground.

I really would like Kandy to go home next and definitely before 2 Ts.  My favorites after this week are Olivia, Denali, Symone and Elliott with 2 Ts.  Rounding out my top 6 are Uttica and then Rose.  

• Love 4

Shocked to find myself posting some very similar to what I posted in The Bachelor forum ( I know, don’t judge me) .... a self-aware villain can be fun.  A villain who is just an idiot and thinks they are right...ugh!

• Love 2

The glued paper bag look was probably the worst runway outfit I have seen on this show. I  wonder what Santino would have said? Joey Jay and Utica are friends with my nephew and he says both are really good guys. I agree Joey lost the LSFYL , but don’t think she should have been in the bottom to begin with.

Edited by Madding crowd
  • Love 8

I'm sort of torn because the giftbag outfit was like....-100, but LaLa's middle outfit was like a 95.

Meanwhile I'd put all of Kandy's outfits this episode at something more like 25. They're not outright bad; there's just nothing remotely interesting or especially good in the looks either. It's not high fashion; it's not hilarious. The clothes are just clothes.

Joey Jay's outfits...I already pretty much can't remember other than the Poison IV bag. Did Joey Jay say in the first episode he was dumb? Proved it right in that conversation.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Utica wuz robbed. In all fairness, La La and Symone should have been the bottom two. And, La La should have been sent home just on general principle. 

Kandy is a big bully who can dish it out, but can’t take it. I hate how she keeps going after Eliott for no reason.  The group that won the lip sync seem to believe that they are better than the other group (B). They are acting like they are beneath them. I can’t wait to see them get humbled. 

• Love 6

I don't even watch untucked...I honestly don't care about the behind the scenes drama. Well, not THAT kind of behind the scenes drama.

BLM felt really shoehorned in...I mean, more than usual. Everyone knows that people are told "now is the time to talk about X", but this time it came completely out of the blue. Not that I don't appreciate the message, but it came kind of from nowhere.

• Love 1

Utica was robbed, I like Mik but that last look to me was just not there, it was a no for me. HOW IN THE HELL was Kandy NOT in the bottom? Seriously she should have been bottom 2 with LaLa. Gonna miss Joey but I didn't think she'd last long. Not sure I can bring myself to watch Untucked this week if it's Kandy Kandy Kandy she needs to go!!!

• Love 7