Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E05: The Bag Ball

• Start Topic

On 1/30/2021 at 9:49 PM, RoxiP said:

I would have preferred Joey Jay to stay and Kandy should have been in the bottom.  Rose' didn't just hang round bags from her waist - she cut them in half and then covered the inside. They looked cool when she spun.  I'm just not loving Utica although she seems sweet. I don't like the way she grimaces when she is onstage. She needs to learn to control her expressions. I agreed that Tamisha's makeup was too harsh. You would think with her experience she would have a more adept hand at application.  

Utica is quite talented and seems like a lovely person, but I totally agree that her facial expressions are offputting. RuPaul mentioned that as well during deliberations. It takes away from her runway looks. A little of that goes a long way, even with quirky or comedy queens.

Rose, Gottmik and Symone have my full attention. Rose's bagpipe look was fantastic. La la's lip sync was fun, but Ru was right to put her on notice. 

It's all been said about Kandy. Next please!

• Love 3

Kandy's look was bad, but what ended up in the bottom was honestly worse. Especially if the other looks are included in the judgement.

I think the "not enough to cover me" excuse was unforgivable...scavage for more material, cut those things apart, do anything better than THAT. Especially considering that the winner did more with less material.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, swanpride said:

BLM felt really shoehorned in...I mean, more than usual. Everyone knows that people are told "now is the time to talk about X", but this time it came completely out of the blue. Not that I don't appreciate the message, but it came kind of from nowhere.

This was filmed not too long after George Floyd's murder. For many folks, especially Black people, the emotions brought up during that time last year were raw and uncontrollable.

I didn't think them talking about it was shoehorned. For them, they were talking about current events and the emotions that were and are still strong in them.

I cried right along with La La because as a Black man I know that pain of discrimination, as well as the pain of not wanting to cry while talking about it.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Richard said:

I didn't think them talking about it was shoehorned. For them, they were talking about current events and the emotions that were and are still strong in them.

I don't think La La brought that up on her own. I would bet good money that she was instructed to bring it up at that moment. A lot of the contestants have talked about how the producers give them specific orders to bring up a topic of conversation in the workroom, to give the illusion that it came up organically.

I appreciated the discussion about BLM, but I'd honestly prefer it if they just showed a producer telling the contestants "How do you feel about Black Lives Matter?", rather than forcing the contestants to do it for them.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

Utica is quite talented and seems like a lovely person, but I totally agree that her facial expressions are offputting. RuPaul mentioned that as well during deliberations. It takes away from her runway looks. A little of that goes a long way, even with quirky or comedy queens.

Rose, Gottmik and Symone have my full attention. Rose's bagpipe look was fantastic. La la's lip sync was fun, but Ru was right to put her on notice. 

It's all been said about Kandy. Next please!

I gotta say, I think Rosé is one to watch out for. She is for sure my favorite.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Blakeston said:

I don't think La La brought that up on her own. I would bet good money that she was instructed to bring it up at that moment. A lot of the contestants have talked about how the producers give them specific orders to bring up a topic of conversation in the workroom, to give the illusion that it came up organically.

Elliot surprises everyone by returning to the workroom. Cut to next day in the workroom when everyone suddenly decides to ask what happened to her 🙄. Its just so phony that it actually hurts the show, well that and keeping Kandy.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Not4Me said:

Elliot surprises everyone by returning to the workroom. Cut to next day in the workroom when everyone suddenly decides to ask what happened to her 🙄. Its just so phony that it actually hurts the show, well that and keeping Kandy.

This year the phoniness is shining through. Either poor writing or poor acting.

Edited by MsJamieDornan
21 hours ago, NightOwl89 said:

Same - love her. She's really solid - doesn't seem to have any weaknesses. I also appreciate that she's a straight shooter while simultaneously kind and supportive. Symone's a powerhouse too - clever as hell. They're my faves and I hope Rose' gets her due soon.

• Love 6
On 1/30/2021 at 11:09 AM, stormy weather said:

As much as I love Gottmik, I believe Utica should've won the ball. That sleeping bag look was insane, and like the guest judge said (I'm sorry I missed her name) it's unbelievable that she managed to produce that outfit in the same amount of time it took LaLaRi to glue 15 paper bags to a corset.

And still found time to help others.

On 1/30/2021 at 12:42 PM, funnygirl said:

Utica is so nice. I like nice. 

Hopefully, she will win Miss Congeniality.  Gottmik also appears to be a conciliatory person, but she hangs out too much with Kandy (although she doesn't try to tear down anyone else to make Kandy feel better.)  In my mind, she or Tina told Kandy off-camera that her behavior during Untucked was not a good luck, and that's why she came back at the end and apologized.  Funny how she apologized to Elliott for telling her she couldn't read a room (which caused Elliott to apologize herself!), but didn't apologize for telling her at least twice that she deserved to be in the bottom for no logical reason.

On 2/1/2021 at 1:00 PM, Gothish520 said:

Did the judges actually tell Utica that they want her to lay off the camp?  If they don't, how can she know that it is figuring into their judging of her?  It appears to be the primary reason she lost to Gottmik.  

The judges clearly told Joey that not using wigs would hurt her chances. If Utica wants to maintain her "brand" that's up to her, but I have to say that her quirky style is always going to be compared to Yvie Oddly, and it would be very difficult to outquirk Yvie, who is simply amazing.

On 1/30/2021 at 7:21 PM, Not4Me said:

Plus Tamisha beat cancer while raising 3 grown children

Did she ever say that she had raised her biological children? Wasn't she 14 when the twins were born?  And 16 when the youngest was born?  I'm not saying she wasn't involved, but I wouldn't be surprised if the teenage mothers, helped greatly by family, did most of the raising.

• Love 1
On 2/1/2021 at 11:25 PM, NightOwl89 said:

So far, Rose is always the bridesmaid.  She is starting to remind me of Jan from last season.  If Michelle isn't feeling you, chances are, you will never be in the winner's circle.  

On 1/30/2021 at 11:18 PM, Blissfool said:

Unpopular Opinion: I did not think Lala Ri out-lipsynched Joey Jay. I couldn't take my eyes off Joey. Then again that might be because I have a crush on him.

Rose looked so beautiful in the Scottish attire. I'm rooting for him.

I actually agree - I thought it was at least a draw and Joey's costume was much better.