Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E03: Week 3

• Start Topic

And stop with the "Dale's and I's relationship" crap.

If production liked her, surely they would have nicely "suggested" that she say "Dale's and MY relationship" OR   "OUR relationship" since everyone knows it's her relationship with DALE.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

No one could have foreseen her falling for Dale so hard. Jealousy is a very ugly look on all these guys.  There is an obvious "front runner" just about every season IMO but for the most part the women will stay for the final battle. They didn't "sacrifice" anything no one hadn't all the previous 210 seasons. They basically can't believe she picked "Dale" over them - especially Bennet and Yosef. Not agreeing with some of the things she has said and done but she likes the guy. How is that his fault and where is the sin? If you are that pressed because you didn't get picked GO. HOME. The Bachelors do the same thing every season. Every season someone "steals" time. At least she didn't string some poor fella along for the ride, tell multiple people she loved them, frolic in the fantasy suite then send them home in a ball of "how could you tears" at the end.

P.S 39 IS NOT OLD!

• Love 13

I can't decide if it's better the old way, where the lead would pick their person out week 1 but then pretend they liked a few others, or Clare's way of just going all in on someone from night 1 and not even going through the charade of trying to get to know the others. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, peachmangosteen said:

I can't decide if it's better the old way, where the lead would pick their person out week 1 but then pretend they liked a few others, or Clare's way of just going all in on someone from night 1 and not even going through the charade of trying to get to know the others. 

Clare's way - trainwrecky

The traditional way - cringeworthy

• LOL 7
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Stan39 said:

The stenographers were so good that they could edit out (or not) all the filler words and pauses that make us sound like idiots if you ever wrote it out verbatim. 

I did some transcription for insurance companies after various hurricanes/floods, etc. that affected thousands and thousands of people.  We were required by contract to put in every uhh...hmmm...ahh..., etc.  Monitors took sample recordings/transcripts and let transcribers go who missed more than a few of those.  It's whatever is put into the contracts.  Court transcripts can probably be challenged if "verbatim" transcripts are required.  

• Useful 4
  • Love 4

I'll say it again, they apparently need this hillbilly to plan these dates. My town is isolated and we had no cinema, restaurants, extreme sports, or concerts for dates-but we STILL had fun. Clare's dates feel boring. The show has really started relying on the fantasy dates so much that it's like they don't know what to do when those are not an option. On the other hand, this environment may actually work better for getting to know people.

I'm still hung on Bennett.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
32 minutes ago, AuntieDiane6 said:

If production liked her, surely they would have nicely "suggested" that she say "Dale's and MY relationship" OR   "OUR relationship"

I hear these BAD GRAMMAR examples on television (live, scripted, reality), all the time.  I'm not convinced anyone in production even realizes it's incorrect. They probably all speak that way themselves.  Perhaps they need to hire me, Sister Mary Perfecta.

• LOL 13
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, saber5055 said:

CH seems to be pushing the Dale/Clare thing. Maybe that happens on other seasons, but they've really scripted this to be The Most Drah Mat Tic Season EVAH. Conspiracy theory tells me this was all rigged/set up from the start.

I didn't see Yousef being kicked off being THAT traumatic that Clare has to shut everything down, unless an hour or so was edited from their shouting match. This show sucks for all the other guys. Clare doesn't want them to "bro out" yet she won't spend any time with them either.

It's a conundrum, amiright? I'd be for this becoming a new show, Bro-chelor Season 1.

Cute Jordan with the glasses said that Yosef was "screaming obscenities" (which he pronounced "obsceenities"), so maybe it was worse than we heard and they cut it to spare our tender ears and observe network rules?

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, Back Atcha said:

Court transcripts can probably be challenged if "verbatim" transcripts are required. 

Court reporters have to transcribe absolutely everything accurately.  Verdicts can be, and have been, overturned due to transcript errors.

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, weightyghost said:

I think the difference between what is happening here vs other seasons where there has been a front runner is that the other bachelor/ettes have the decency to still treat the other contestants like human beings. I don't need Clare to carry on making out with everyone to prove a point, but she acts like us vs them and every man is there to just break up her and Dale when they're just trying to get to know her.

She also has incredibly low self esteem, masked by 'I'm a strong woman.". Dude who got kicked off mid date was leaving regardless the second he didn't lean in to kiss her back. She said how embarrassed she was that he "pulled away" (he didn't) which is the exact thing she pulled when no one grabbed her immediately on the first date. Then suddenly it became about consent and him 'forcing himself' on her to kiss her once he realized what she was trying to do. Clare, I'll let you in on a secret - when you're walking away from someone and you suddenly turn back and get in their face, even if it is to kiss, it's a reflex to flinch. When he did it, it's rude. When you do it, he's not respecting you. Dude wasn't expecting it. He already said how nervous he was and suddenly it's his fault he couldn't read your jacked up signs that you wanted nothing to do with him. 

I don't know about that .. sleeping with someone and saying you love them then getting engaged to another person the next day is not exactly treating someone like a human being but I see your point.

A lot of these relationships don't last because the almighty grand poobah chosen one watches the show back and realize perhaps they weren't so special after all; we won't have that problem with Dale 🤣

• Love 9

I just think for a bunch of guys annoyed about how much time she spends talking about Dale, they sure do talk about Dale a lot. That roast could have been their chance to take the conversation off of Dale but they went the schoolyard route. 

I must say, as a first episode, last 3 episode, ATFR viewer of this show I am enjoying the hell out of this season! I am seriously entertained. I also don't see why viewers hate Dale and his tiny ears. Dude is seriously hot.

I also nominate Eazy to narrate every season from this point forward.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

THANK YOU! Was that what Ben (?) was alluding to with his 'boa constrictor' remark? I didn't really get that one lol.

I thought Zach C/J (whichever one it was) came off just really upset that she was 'misinterpreting' what happened and it came off to me like she was trying to gaslight him into thinking he did something wrong simply because she didn't really wanna kiss him.

I don’t think that Dale looks like the boa constrictor from The Jungle Book.

Oh, wait a minute, they’re young. They probably know the live-action remake, not the original cartoon that old fogies such as Clare and I would know.

Jungle Book images

Nope. Still not seeing it.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, weightyghost said:

Being torn between two people at the end of the whole thing 2 months in vs saying "screw all you 20 other men, how dare you criticize my one true love" 2 dates in is pretty different. The guy/girl near the end know its 50/50. She is treating the guys like pests right now. 

She eliminated a guy last week because he didn't seem interested in getting to know her, to turn around this week and say to another guy who blatantly said "I would like to get to know you better" and ignore him to ask more questions about Dale is not being respectful

I suppose it's all about your perspective. Neither way is ideal or the right way, I'm basing it on how I enjoy seeing it all play out.

I stopped watching after Bachelor Slob, picked up again with Brad (still the HOTTEST BACHELOR to me) and stopped again when they started recycling. Not one fresh face since his season ended.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, SallyAlbright said:

I'm such a sucker. I admit I think Dale and Clare are sweet together and I kind of hope it works out because she so obviously wants this and I hope he's not just a player. 

Now I'm ashamed and need to go find something to really snark on! 

Can I get a ride LOL. I agree with you - I hope they are together and happy. If Jason and Ari can live down what they did, so can Clare.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Boofish said:

That roast could have been their chance to take the conversation off of Dale but they went the schoolyard route. 

For me it was a "Roast" route...and mildly entertaining.  Professional Roasts have only one "victim." I don't know how a roast would work any other way.  I'd love to know what was cut out.  Clare's moments "alone" later with each guy--no focus on him at all...but FORCING a Dale conversation was the schoolyard route--junior high.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, proserpina65 said:

I'm not a regular watcher of either show, but was Clare always this awful?  And if so, why would anyone want to watch this mess?  Other than the trainwreck factor, of course.  (I guess I just answered my own question.)

In my opinion, yes, clare was always this awful. Even when she was on with Juan Pablo.  SHE decided to have sex with him, knowing this could end in heartbreak, she misjudged his character  and got pissed when he didn't choose her.  On the winter bachelor show, whatever the name is, she toyed with men's feelings, wasn't going to be happy unless she had at least 2 guys competing for her attention. 

I think she enjoys being chased, courted, sought after, but gets bored quickly. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 6

No one could have foreseen her falling for Dale so hard.

It's always foreseeable...and probably covered in contracts, rehearsals, talks with the contestants (over and over if necessary for the slow-learners). Yep, it's always foreseeable and correctable when someone has a bit of self-esteem, self-control, and professionalism.

Every season someone "steals" time.

But 45-60 minutes?  And then going back for more? Disrespectful.

Any "jealousy" ran down the driveway; now the guys are TICKED OFF ...  justified.   Think of the time (WEEKS?) every one of them wasted for this "opportunity."    

• Love 16

Just some thoughts. I think the first 2 weeks could be explained by a purposely bad edit. But Week 3, there is no way to edit how rude Clare was, having those guys waiting more than an hour while making out with Dale. 

Yosef came on too strong, overstated his case,, but I don't think he was wrong; the strip Dodgeball was pretty lurid and tacky. 

I am certain Sean Lowe knew from the first that he was in love with Catherine and there would be no other, but he had the sense to play out his season. He knew what he was there to do, and gave the producers the season he was paid for. Clare doesn't have that common sense. 

Now that we have seen her, it isn't a spoiler anymore, even though we already knew! I am glad Tayshia is there to save the day! She will be a breath of fresh air for the guys!

• Love 9
10 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

Do those Tweeters have any idea how much TROUBLE and WORK changing over to a different Bachelorette is for Production?  Contracts (nullifying Clare's, starting Tayshia's), attorneys, clothing, schedules, COVID quarantine/testing, coaching.  The only way it makes sense is if that was The Plan from the beginning; otherwise logistics are hell.

My vote is this was The Plan from the get-go, to create The Most Dramatic Season EVAH and for Clare to "blow up" The Bachelorette, yada yada yada, all great talking points to get this floundering franchise back on its feet advertiser-revenue wise. And so far, it's worked. It also allows TPTB to get another Black female lead (just by accident! just by chance!) while they cast for the first Black Bachelor season. Leaves the franchise with a win-win-win-win.

I also believe Dale was sent back into Clare's room by production last night, to interrupt whomever she was with at that time. Just to stir the pot some more. You know, for ratings and water-cooler talk.

So far, it's working all in the show's favor. I'm guessing Clare is being well compensated financially, and she'll be just fine, able to support some dude when/if she ever gets married.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
13 hours ago, Sheenieb said:

Meh. Besides constantly talking about Dale and keeping the guys waiting, which was rude AF, I don't get all the vitriol.

There can only be 1 winner anyway. She just found her person early. 

But she didn’t find her person early.  She fixated on a man’s looks, a physical attraction.  She knows nothing about him or if they are even compatible. She has enough experience at her age to know that a physical attraction won’t last. 

There actually might one or two of those men who she would be compatible with but she’ll never know.   Dale is playing for the camera.  It’s embarrassing to watch.  

• Love 17
2 hours ago, Boofish said:

I just think for a bunch of guys annoyed about how much time she spends talking about Dale, they sure do talk about Dale a lot. That roast could have been their chance to take the conversation off of Dale but they went the schoolyard route. 

All we really know about that roast is what we saw. As the one guy said, he had 43 jokes and only mentioned Dale once. We didn't get to see everyone's roast. The show is creating a narrative. The guys could spend 18 hours a day talking about ping pong and sushi and the only thing we'd see is the 30 seconds they mention Dale in passing.

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
27 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

My vote is this was The Plan from the get-go, to create The Most Dramatic Season EVAH and for Clare to "blow up" The Bachelorette, yada yada yada, all great talking points to get this floundering franchise back on its feet advertiser-revenue wise. And so far, it's worked. It also allows TPTB to get another Black female lead (just by accident! just by chance!) while they cast for the first Black Bachelor season. Leaves the franchise with a win-win-win-win.

I also believe Dale was sent back into Clare's room by production last night, to interrupt whomever she was with at that time. Just to stir the pot some more. You know, for ratings and water-cooler talk.

I'm agreeing with you. They were already up against the wall due to the restrictions the pandemic set. Without any fantasy dates or International travel SOMETHING had to be done to salvage this season. Lots of people depend on this show for income-and I don't mean the "stars." Hollywood production staff have suffered during the pandemic. They probably wanted to film but were afraid of it being boring.

I do NOT like the way Clare is treating the other men. Pre-planned or not, it's not cool. And I'm not sure that if these are show shenanigans the guys are even in on it. (Some, maybe.) But I'm still calling bs on a lot of this. 

• Love 12

I was annoyed when Clare said derisively, "are you NEW here?" when defending that she loves only Dale and that's why she wants to spend time with only him. Why, yes, dear, they ARE new here. You're a veteran of five different Bachelor/ette shows. The men aren't and they had expectations of spending time on dates, etc. 

I truly understand that she feels the point of the show is to find love, she's found it, she's done and doesn't want to waste time going on dates or having cocktail parties or reflexively beginning to kiss a man who isn't Dale. But she's also, in my opinion, an employee of the show. She's the star, but she's signed a Bachelorette contract, which means she's along for the show's rules. Otherwise she could have just continued to meet men in other ways. Granted, with Covid right now she couldn't really, but she signed up for this show and its conventions for finding love. She's always been a diva and since she's older she's more desperate to make it happen NOW. I think she should have continued to feel that it's Dale and that's it, but for the sake of her JOB at the moment, and some understanding that 30 men had to quarantine to join this venture, she could have just played out the string. Then she could run off with Dale at the end. Another few weeks wouldn't have made that much more difference to her fertility at this point. 

Dale struck me as a pleasant dude who may or may not be lovestruck by Clare, but once he did the " we are brothers and I ask for your understanding if I step up first for five minutes," then went off with her for an hour, then muddled his way over to her again, he's not so charming. 

• Love 15
47 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

Tayshia seems nice but she just grins too damn much.  I got tired of looking at her grinny pointy chin on the Bachelor, so I won't be watching her.  

Just imagine--won't it be refreshing to see Tayshia's happy grins and radiance after all Clare's pouting and glaring?  I think Tayshia's gorgeous and fun!

• Love 15
12 minutes ago, Bluesky said:

But she didn’t find her person early.  She fixated on a man’s looks, a physical attraction.  She knows nothing about him or if they are even compatible. She has enough experience at her age to know that a physical attraction won’t last. 

There actually might one or two of those men who she would be compatible with but she’ll never know.   Dale is playing for the camera.  It’s embarrassing to watch.  

Isn't it all physical on this show? It's not as if they're spending 9 weeks with 1 or 2 people and can really get to know each other and figure things out. It's 30 guys who have to stand out. 

It's like when Michael Corleone saw Apollonia in The Godfather. He was awestruck. He was hit with the thunderbolt. It appears that the same thing happened with Clare.

Why these couples fall apart later is that once the cameras stop rolling, they realize that they're not a good match. They're stuck in a bubble for 9 weeks. Then when they shift from TV back to real life, they're like, oh, this just worked for the show.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, saber5055 said:

The one bachelor that they kept showing during the RC who didn't get a rose looked so much like Robert Carlyle. I don't have a clue who he was. No good byes or final interviews. I don't even think CH said, "If you didn't get a rose, say your good byes." It's like TPTB want Clare's season over with stat.

That's who it was! It was driving me crazy -- Robert Carlyle!

• Love 3

How many guys are left now?  I really don't know but for example say 15.

Does Tayshia just get the 15 left? or 14 since Dale will be gone!

Do any of the guys set home get to come back? so she has the 30 or so to pick from? I remember back when it was 25 but that seems to have expanded.

• Love 4
32 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

I'm agreeing with you. They were already up against the wall due to the restrictions the pandemic set. Without any fantasy dates or International travel SOMETHING had to be done to salvage this season. Lots of people depend on this show for income-and I don't mean the "stars." Hollywood production staff have suffered during the pandemic. They probably wanted to film but were afraid of it being boring.

I do NOT like the way Clare is treating the other men. Pre-planned or not, it's not cool. And I'm not sure that if these are show shenanigans the guys are even in on it. (Some, maybe.) But I'm still calling bs on a lot of this. 

Yeah, i am wondering if the guys were not told that Taisha would be the actual bachelorette and they were just biding their time until she showed up.  Otherwise, some of these guys were way too young for her.  26 to her 39? nope, not buying it

• Love 7
5 hours ago, nlkm9 said:

The cancelling of the dinner is one of the meanest things i have ever seen, also the refusal to hand out the group rose to anyone . Mean. And I’ve been watching this show from day one . I do wonder if Clare and dale are sneaking out every night. But to be stood up at dinner ?? After she went to kiss him? Not nice . These guys quarantined for you - suck it up and have dinner . I can’t wait for the men tell all!!

I was bugged that she didn't come to the dinner and send him home and had Chris do it.  I get that she was upset, but she couldn't have been that fearful that he'd do something to her...there are cameras and people everywhere.  He really didn't know what had happened and he should have been told what he did that upset her so much.  How is he supposed to learn from it if he doesn't know?

• Love 18
12 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

Also Claire can now be a shill for Downy Wrinkle Guard in their 'are your wrinkled clothes giving people the wrong signal' fabric softener ads because it was SO obvious her shorts had been hiked up while she was on the bed with Dale. Those things were pleated when they showed her standing up.

Those wrinkled satin shorts were so appalling to me. They were wrinkled so far up that you could see the lining. Presumably Clare knew before the date that she would invite Dale back to her suite for some dry-humping, so why didn't she choose to wear something in a non-wrinkling fabric? It's like she wanted the other guys to see that she's getting physical with Dale while they're all patiently waiting for a turn to talk to her.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, JenE4 said:

I don’t think that Dale looks like the boa constrictor from The Jungle Book.

Oh, wait a minute, they’re young. They probably know the live-action remake, not the original cartoon that old fogies such as Clare and I would know.

Jungle Book images

Nope. Still not seeing it.

I took it that he had her under his spell like the boa would do in The Jungle Book.  

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I'll say it again, they apparently need this hillbilly to plan these dates. My town is isolated and we had no cinema, restaurants, extreme sports, or concerts for dates-but we STILL had fun. Clare's dates feel boring. The show has really started relying on the fantasy dates so much that it's like they don't know what to do when those are not an option. On the other hand, this environment may actually work better for getting to know people.

I'm still hung on Bennett.

All shows need more hillbillies.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

I know that Clare is already playing the "I was edited badly they wanted me gone I'm the victim" card all over social media, as she is being ripped a new one by much of Bachelor Nation, and I can buy that she got a bad edit after the show got annoyed with her, or even that she would have stuck around longer but the show might have nudged her out of the house once it became clear that she wasn't interested in anyone but Dale, but she cant blame everything on producer interference. A lot of the things she did, like getting all offended by the guys making fun of Dale or her not giving the rose to any of the guys on her date and then bizarrely giving it "to herself" or just in general zeroing in on Dale while ignoring everyone else, all seemed to be just her. I also cant buy that all of this has been part of some master plan to cast Clare and then get rid of her, that just seems like so much work for so little reward besides DRAMA which this show has enough of already. They already did so much work with the production and promotion and everything with Clare, I just dont see this as being the plan all along. I can imagine that the show realized what was going on a few weeks into the season and started planning a way to keep the show going this season, and maybe they did give Clare a nudge because they realized that the season was pretty much over and she couldn't even pretend to be into the rest of the guys like most people can when they pick a winner early on, but I dont think that this was all on the producers. Clare has clearly lost interest in going through the motions with the other guys, so I cant blame the show for letting her go. Did the producers ask her to skip the cocktail party, the group date, and not give out a rose? Its like Clare found love,  she did the thing, and then decided that she was done, abdicating her duties as the main character of this show, and is now offended that people are annoyed that she has given up on the show. She isn't even just ignoring the guys now, she is clearly being rude and mean to them, and I dont know how much of that was producer manipulation, seemed to be pretty much just her. Some of it might be a bad edit, as the show is probably pissed at her for so badly playing the game and want to re-write her as the villain, but she cant blame the major problem of the season, her total lack of interest in anyone but Dale, and refusing to even pretend to give the other guys the time of day, and being angry that they might want it. 

Also that "are you new here?"" bit was rich, considering the guys actually are new here, this is their first time on a Bachelor show and its only a few weeks in. Clare is the one who is a frequent flyer on this franchise, she should know more than anyone how this is supposed to work, she just doesn't care I guess. 

• Love 22
2 hours ago, cinsays said:

Yeah, i am wondering if the guys were not told that Taisha would be the actual bachelorette and they were just biding their time until she showed up.  Otherwise, some of these guys were way too young for her.  26 to her 39? nope, not buying it

This actually makes a lot of sense. Most of these guys were too young for Clare, but the perfect age range for Taysha . Also, many of these guys seem much better suited for Taysha than for Clare, personality-wise.

I kept wondering why, if Clare is so intent on finding her husband, the cast of guys is so young. I don’t believe there’s one guy in his late 30s, let alone early 40s, which would be the perfect age range for Clare. But… this range of guys is actually perfect for Taysha.

Edited to Spoiler tag, as this is a potential Spoiler:

Spoiler

Also, re:  Clare referring to Dale as her “fiancé”...... i’m wondering if the rumors that they were involved prior to the show are true, and the word “fiancé” slipped out subconsciously. 

Edited by Starlight925
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, Boofish said:

I like it better the old way when they couldn't go online and search for all the contestants information and social media pages.

Just learn about the person once you've met them.

Edited by OnTime
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, greeneyedscorpio said:

I was bugged that she didn't come to the dinner and send him home and had Chris do it.  I get that she was upset, but she couldn't have been that fearful that he'd do something to her...there are cameras and people everywhere.  He really didn't know what had happened and he should have been told what he did that upset her so much.  How is he supposed to learn from it if he doesn't know?

Or at least tell him off camera and he doesn't have to sit there at dinner waiting?  How awkward!

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Starlight925 said:

Also, re:  Clare referring to Dale as her “fiancé”...... i’m wondering if the rumors that they were involved prior to the show are true, and the word “fiancé” slipped out subconsciously. 

Oh, she probably decided he was her "fiance" during the make out session in her room!  They could have had Chris Harrison perform the ceremony right then but her white satin short blazer suit was all wrinkled.

Edited by OnTime
  • LOL 9
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Alexander Pope said:

Cute Jordan with the glasses said that Yosef was "screaming obscenities" (which he pronounced "obsceenities"), so maybe it was worse than we heard and they cut it to spare our tender ears and observe network rules?

Clare said he was even worse than what we heard. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, saber5055 said:

So far, it's working all in the show's favor. I'm guessing Clare is being well compensated financially, and she'll be just fine, able to support some dude when/if she ever gets married.

No, the Bachelor/ette franchise isn't floundering anymore. Hannah Brown's season reignited it, and it is doing better than it was. 

I don't think the plan was for Clare to screw up the show. Tayshia was a recent Bachelorette who could handle it, who was available fast. I don't think race matters much anymore. 

• Love 2