Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E22: Reunion Part 1

• Start Topic

Some where in the rack of my mind I sort of remember something coming up about John losing money in an  investment scheme and someone asking Dorinda aout this. I remember a comment that she made about John is not my banker. But maybe I am confusing this with something else. I hate when I can't place a memory like this. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 5
8 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

these woman attack Tinsly because she talks about wanting to be a mom and Scott and oh god shes talking about it again... well Dorinda all you talk about is Richard how you are in mourning Richardthis Richard that ... and Luanne is Cabaret this Cabaret that... Sonja drones on and on about being a Morgan and when she had money .. give me a break with this she has nothing else to talk about because they all do the same thing ..... And who the fuck cares if her goal in life is to be a wife and mother how is that any less then someone wanting to be a Cabaret singer or making a fucking toaster? she isnt telling you your life choices are bad so let her live her life the way she wants ... Like get off Tinsly's jock ... she stopped opening up to you Dorinda because all you did was attack her....

To be fair, I really do think it was only Dorinda and Sonja who had this issue with Tinsley. Leah clearly didn't care (she was genuinely the most supportive of Tins and Scott) and I think that Lu and Ramona mostly didn't care all that much but did get a little wound up by Dorinda, as Tinsley rightly noted.

Sonja's issues with Tinsley are confusing to me but I think it mostly comes down to the fact that Sonja's self-worth is still so tied to the idea that she was once married to a Morgan and that she lost all of it when she was divorced. IMO, she resents Tinsley for having her own security unrelated to her marriage and she doubly resents her for having a relationship that will give her even more financial security and make her happy, seemingly. 

• Love 22
11 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Sonja is beautiful but the face-lift makes her face a total different shape.  That dress is mashing her boobs south then east west. Weird look. 

Ramona is losing me. 

The lights are casting some Long ass Halloween eyelash shadows on Tins!!! 

The haircut is what is bad. The bob makes her nose look more pointy.

• Love 7
17 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

Some where in the rack of my mind I sort of remember something coming up about John losing money in an  investment scheme and someone asking Dorinda aout this. I remember a comment that she made about John is not my banker. But maybe I am confusing this with something else. I hate when I can't place a memory like this. 

Join the club.  I don’t remember one thing about that at all.  

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Sonja is beautiful but the face-lift makes her face a total different shape.  That dress is mashing her boobs south then east west. Weird look. 

The dress looked like something we would see on the original Star Trek series as an evening dress at some space party.

• LOL 8
  • Love 9
12 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

I love, love Leah’s look.  The dress, the hair, the jewelry.  Gorgeous .. Old Hollywood.  She’s a natural.

I thought her dress was too much, too much going on, I did not think it was the best choice, her hair and makeup were flawless though.

• Love 16
11 hours ago, ChitChat said:

It's really not any of Leah's business about what other people did during the quarantine.  I don't like seeing people out and about without their masks on (it's mandatory here,) but I mind my own damn business and do what I'm supposed to do.  I'm not going to obsess over what other people do or don't do.  Also, it was possible to enjoy time with your family while in quarantine and still sympathize and say a prayer for those were/are sick.  I think Leah was jealous that Ramona had a big place to roam around in, which made things more tolerable for her.   

I wonder if Leah has a problem with all of the celebrities and musicians who did fun YouTube videos in order to bring a little happiness to all of us.  I'd say to Leah to mind her own business in regard to this.  

That's exactly right.  

If Ramona enjoyed family time, I couldn't give a shit.  If she wandered the streets of NYC without a mask, that's a different thing altogether.

• Useful 2
  • Love 11
2 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Heather last night on WWH telling Andy Tinsly should just stop trying with Dorinda cause Dorinda just doesn't like her was so annoying,.... Mostly because she dismisses what Dorinda is/was doing and placing the blame for Dorinda's constant attacks on Tinsly ..... Tinsly isnt/wasnt trying to be friends with Dorinda at all.... she was trying to get Dorinda to stop attacking her ...and no matter if she ignored her or not Dorinda just kept on.. she had spies basically following Tinsly in another state doing reports on her (how creepy is that?)  I was like what the fuck is Heather talking about Dorinda doesn't just not like Tinsly she is actively trying to destroy her beating her down telliing her she is nothing she is invisible she will never be anything but stupid  .....

Heather has to be friends with Dorinda so she can go in her pool?  What?  She can’t afford to build her own pool?  What bullshit.

1 minute ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I thought her dress was too much, too much going on, I did not think it was the best choice, her hair and makeup were flawless though.

I know .. it was a bit much, but who else could wear a dress like that?  You have to have the perfect body and height for it, and Leah does.  I didn’t see the back until she stood up and turned around.  Yikes!  The gloves, the bracelets .. stunning.

• Love 5

Did Ramona get her boobs undone?  They looked smaller.  I hope she did.  She needs to cut her hair but other than that she looked great.

Dorinda's hair is a fucking mess.  She should never have strayed from the long pixie.  The ice skater outfit was stupid too.

Leah looked great.  Loved the dress.

I actually am one of the few that liked Sonja's hair!

Tinsley...I still don't see this amazing beauty that others do.  I think she's just a skinny blonde with way too heavy makeup and those fake eyelashes actually make her eyes look small.

• Love 11
11 hours ago, ChitChat said:

It's no wonder that the production team didn't want Tinsley to stay in the house with her that night.  Yikes!  If looks could kill.  At least we finally know what happened.  Interesting watching Dorinda lie as the footage of her phone call with John aired.  Thank you Bravo for finally showing this.

I guess idiot Dorinda thought because it didn't air during the regular season episodes that there was no footage and she was "safe" to lie about it.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 15
7 minutes ago, Carolina Girl said:

I guess idiot Dorinda thought because it didn't air during the regular season episodes that there was no footage and she was "safe" to lie about it.  

She continued to deny it on Twitter last night after the show aired. "There was no clip or they would have shown it" she said. What a nut. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 13
8 minutes ago, Legalbeagle421 said:

She continued to deny it on Twitter last night after the show aired. "There was no clip or they would have shown it" she said. What a nut. 

Dorinda is a classic narcissist who lives in her own fantasy land so no matter what they showed she would have claimed that it never happened .....

• Love 14
4 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

The fact that Tinsley is 44 is in itself a fertility issue. It’s absolutely possible for her to get pregnant naturally, but chances are greatly diminished. I’ve said this before but I think seeing so many success stories of women, especially celebrities, getting pregnant at advanced agree gives a false sense of security that pregnancies at these ages are easy to come by. For every success, there are many, many failures. And yes, 44 is considered advanced age for getting pregnant  

Also, the turkey baster comment was not only unoriginal, it shows such complete ignorance to the entire long and complicated ivf process.  It’s difficult to comprehend in the year 2020 how little people actually know about fertility issues, but then again we still have people using no protection whatsoever claiming their pregnancies were “a surprise” so I guess I can’t be too shocked.

Dorinda should have been grateful someone was willing to loan money to her boyfriend. Why is it Tinsley’s fault??

Yesssssssss to all this you win the interwebs today

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

If my boyfriend asked my coworker/ friend’s man for a loan I would be humiliated too. However I would feel apologetic to my friend for putting them in an awkward situation- Dorinda’s narcissism runs deep.... 

I like Leah but her social shaming pisses me off. You do you, girl- don’t dictate to other people. 

Luanne seems a bit worn out- she’s lost her sparkle. Ramona looks youthful but she could look fabulous if she would drop the Malibu Barbie look. 

• Love 5
29 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

The fact that Tinsley is 44 is in itself a fertility issue. It’s absolutely possible for her to get pregnant naturally, but chances are greatly diminished. I’ve said this before but I think seeing so many success stories of women, especially celebrities, getting pregnant at advanced agree gives a false sense of security that pregnancies at these ages are easy to come by. For every success, there are many, many failures. And yes, 44 is considered advanced age for getting pregnant  

Also, the turkey baster comment was not only unoriginal, it shows such complete ignorance to the entire long and complicated ivf process.  It’s difficult to comprehend in the year 2020 how little people actually know about fertility issues, but then again we still have people using no protection whatsoever claiming their pregnancies were “a surprise” so I guess I can’t be too shocked.

Dorinda should have been grateful someone was willing to loan money to her boyfriend. Why is it Tinsley’s fault??

This is weird. I didn't actually post what you are responding to. (But I agree with what you are saying). 

I love living in Canada 🇨🇦 but when someone posts a link to a YouTube video it usually says unavailable in your area. So annoying. 😡

I preferred this social distancing set up to RHOBH, who went for the Brady Bunch boxes. It’s too bad the howives don’t check what their fancy outfits look like when sitting down. I don’t know what Sonja’s boobs did to deserve being caged and mashed against her ribs like that. Usually the gals like their gals on full display.

I read somewhere that whenever filming resumes that the plan is to revolve around Leah’s life for a more youthful cast. I probably won’t bother with that.  The nastiness is not fun to watch but I do enjoy being entertained by the antics of aging narcissists.  It’s too bad Dorinda is such a horror, she possesses wit and her one liners can be quite funny, plus there’s the Berserk-shires episodes. I’ll miss those.
A cast of ‘Leahs’ could be boring. 

• Love 15
1 hour ago, laprin said:

When I saw the way Dorinda yelled at John knowing other people are around, I could not help but wonder how she speaks to him when they are alone. She is downright abusive - and it’s a practiced type of abusive. She will never seek help for her anger issues because, as with her drinking, she is in denial that she has a problem.

One of their first scenes on the show was the two of them alone at a restaurant and she was an absolute asshole to him when he was being nice to her. I mean yes there were still cameras so she might be even worse to him in absolute privacy but it was still over the top. It’s one of the reasons I have never really liked her because this person was there from the beginning.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Did I miss hearing why Scott gave money to John? I don't think John is hurting for money, right?

There was something in there about the Coupon Cabin commercial they all did together -- I took as that Scott paid John for the commercial and Dorinda didn't know? I think somehow the money was tied in some way to the commercial? 

Edited by SailorGirl
  • Useful 5
  • Love 6
6 minutes ago, SailorGirl said:

There was something in there about the Coupon Cabin commercial they all did together -- I took as that Scott paid John for the commercial and Dorinda didn't know? I think somehow the money was tied in some way to the commercial? 

I think that was what Dorinda said to deflect because Tinsley said that wasn’t what she was talking about and Dorinda accused John of running a game on Scott which would not be the response to someone getting paid for being in a commercial.

• Useful 4
  • Love 9

After watching that video of Dorinda screaming at John on the phone, I actually feel sorry for him, in many ways. 

One, that he was belittled and demeaned by Dorinda like that, and it would seem that perhaps it wasn't the first time.  Two - that he seemed to really be in love with Dorinda, and that he continued to date her for quite a while after that phone call.  Three - that now that it's been aired, he could be embarrassed by the way he allowed himself to be treated by Dorinda.

I've been on the fence about Dorinda for a while, but that was horrible.

In some ways, I feel that Dorinda's many episodes of going off the rails are way worse than "Scary Island" with Kelly Bensimon, which, at the time, I thought was the most horrible example of reality television ever.  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 20

I'm curious as to the money Scott "generously" gave John. As far as I can tell, Madame Paulette's has quite the reputation, and is not hurting, so I wonder if it was some kind of investment deal? 

I think Dorinda bringing up the Coupon Cabin commercial was a red-herring. She didn't know they had that clip.

• Love 21

Oh Ramoaner! She looks so desperate the way she dresses. With all the dates she has been on, why can't she snag a man and have a long term, meaningful relationship? She needs to cut that hair and cover up her breasteses. Dress more age appropriate. That would make her look more like the youthful 25 year old that she tries so hard to achieve. *Snicker* not happening but..............

• Love 15
4 minutes ago, Sharonana said:

Oh Ramoaner! She looks so desperate the way she dresses. With all the dates she has been on, why can't she snag a man and have a long term, meaningful relationship? She needs to cut that hair and cover up her breasteses. Dress more age appropriate. That would make her look more like the youthful 25 year old that she tries so hard to achieve. *Snicker* not happening but..............

I think she suffers from FOMO ... the fact that she will only take a man that is in the .1% and she is demanding about everything which could turn a lot of guys off ... plus A lot of men and women in there mid to late 60s who are single try so hard to get someone much younger (creepy to me but hey do what you want)

• Love 5

I wish I remembered where I read it so I could post it, but, I read somewhere that Carole R. said Dorinda's problem with Tinsley started after she and John had done a Coupon ad for Scott.  Carole and her then boyfriend, the chef, had done an ad and Scott gave them a trip so Dorinda and John did one and then something went sideways.  It's never been clear to me what happened, though.

• Useful 9
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Secondly, it makes me think that a huge part of the reason why Dorinda married and still reveres St. Richard is because of his money. I suspect she's transferring onto Tinsley her own self-loathing with regard to her marriage to Richard. She married Richard for financial security (no doubt she thinks she loved him, too, as much as a narcissist can love any other individual), and this whole situation has reminded her that she no longer has that financial security (beyond what she inherited from him, of course). It could explain why she was so obsessed this year with the memory of St. Richard and kept using him to justify her abusive behavior towards Tins. 

Oh she most definitely married him for money. I have been watching this franchise from the beginning and in the episode where Dorinda and Carol go to London, they throw a little party and both have their friends there. One of Dorinda's friends whispers something in her ear that she had said he was a "rich fat armenian" don't quote me on it because I don't remember her exact words, but it was supposedly what she said after the first date she had with him. 

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, MissFeatherbottom said:

Oh she most definitely married him for money. I have been watching this franchise from the beginning and in the episode where Dorinda and Carol go to London, they throw a little party and both have their friends there. One of Dorinda's friends whispers something in her ear that she had said he was a "rich fat armenian" don't quote me on it because I don't remember her exact words, but it was supposedly what she said after the first date she had with him. 

That was about John not Richard. Richard was neither fat or Armenian. John is both. 

• Love 12
12 hours ago, film noire said:

I agree.  (And my god, Dorinda is ugly when she goes there; she slips into shaming the way some of us slip into a hot bath on a cold night.) I think the comment was also meant to denigrate Scott, as well.  Dorinda took a (patriarchal)  whack at the father of Tinsley's child not being up to the task of providing Tinsley with manly sperm, the manly old fashioned way. (Scott can't get 'er done, so time for the turkey baster!)  And shaming Scott's manhood is in line with Dorinda's reaction after Tinsley said, "I'm engaged, I'm getting married--"  Gollum interrupted her and snarled "With no financial security".  

Motherfucker, please.  We all know Scott provided for John just fine, so why not Tinsley? ; )

My devious-perhaps-not-likely-but-OMG-so-juicy-speculative backstory: In the last twenty-four months, Dorinda's been bleeding cash - spending too much money on high end free range roast chicken  - rare white birds from  Columbia - she was getting drunk and throwing cash at wings and breasts like a coke lord at Vegas, getting all Scarface at her local deli -"SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND!"  -  and then the money ran out, and the chicken carcasses piled up, and she went to John for help, and he didn't have the cash to save her, so he went looking to make good on her chicken debts, and he ended up taking money from Tinsley's man, and Dorinda found out - in MIAMI! -  and called John ("You don't run game behind my back, ever. I don't want you to talk to Scott. He's not your friend. When I say to you don't do something, you better fucking well listen.") and like all emotional mobsters, she can't forgive the person who sees her for who she really is - a financial fraud, a drunk and a bully - and now Dorinda owes Tinsley all the chicken, but Medley ain't paying nobody no chicken money...

Didn't Dorinda also say (in a talking head) that she gave money once to someone in a wheelchair (because she assumed they were begging for money) but they were just waiting at the corner for the streetlight to change?

eta: She did! Full clip here (in which she calls the Black man over to take her wrap, and realizes he is not working at the restaurant, and then blames her assumption on his shirt - a shirt that looks to be a classic dress shirt, btw - and then in her confessional she talks about passing by a man in a wheelchair -  who turns out to be a lawyer waiting to get on the midtown bus - and she ruins his Starbucks coffee by shoving a five dollar bill  in his cup).

https://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-7/episode-3/videos/even-housewives-make-mistakes

I never thought about money being an issue for Dorinda, but that could be the case.  When she was going through the renovation early this season she was stressing about money.  She's selling merchandise on her website and is also doing fee-based cameos and zoom talks although maybe all these are just her way of keeping busy and having someone to talk to.

Who knows.  She does have caviar tastes and possibly a drug problem.  Media reports her net worth as 20 million, though. Interest alone should cover these if she indulges only moderately.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, Jextella said:

She does have caviar tastes and possibly a drug problem.  Media reports her net worth as 20 million, though. Interest alone should cover these if she indulges only moderately.

Most “media” gets their net worth figures from Celebrity Net Worth which is hilariously unreliable.

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

That was about John not Richard. Richard was neither fat or Armenian. John is both. 

Oh then I guess I didn't hear that it was about John, that's what I get for doing my nails and watching TV at the same time 🤪. Well no one can deny she married Richard for his money, that is pretty obvious!

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Bronzedog said:

If that's the case, I won't be watching.  I find Leah kind of disgusting.  And, I don't need to see her trying to fit the word pussy into every episode.

I know what you mean, crude.  I feel like most of the HW's that talk crassly about their lady bits and biological things that happen their bodies is a way to be hip and cool.  I've said it before, Leah gets in your face, she wants to say thinks just for shock value and make you uncomfortable, I could not be friends with her, she is just too cool for me, please read that last bit in a snarky voice.

• LOL 5
  • Love 16
13 hours ago, SerenityNow721 said:

I’m not sure it was the activity that Leah objected to.  It seemed as though she was more upset at Ramona’s flaunting the rules we were all supposed to be following early in the pandemic and then posting about it on social media.  It seemed a little insensitive when so many people in the country were struggling. 

I don't know. Part of what I got out of that was how dare Ramona post about the fun she was having while people were dying.  The other part was that Leah has a bug up her ass where Ramona is concerned and will take any opportunity she can to smack her down.  She seems a bit obsessed.  

• Love 10

Dorinda displays common addictive traits...denial, anger, drinks too much,  and deflection.

Tinsley isn't perfect..but the anger from Dorinda was uncalled for..and that season 11 flashback scene was scary.

Is Leah liked? I'm getting mixed signals from her.  If she is well liked, I can see the show casting around her..but if she isn't that liked..than the show will veer into BH territory.

Maybe future seasons will have less drinking because drunk people young and old don't make for entertainment.

• Love 6

If the rumor about Dorinda being the inspiration for the character Susan Sharon on Sex & the City is true, imagine what that household was really like? (Susan was supposed to be Dorinda and she had a horrible husband who yelled all the time and he was supposedly based on her first husband.) That clip of her yelling at John on the phone was scary. 

I think Scott seems like a bad person, but I genuinely like Tinsely and I don't get why people are so concerned with her finances. She comes from money-I just looked it up and her high school is $62k a year (2020 prices, but still). I assume she has family money and was paid well for being on the same show where all the ladies appear. I'm actually surprised it took her so long to snap back-she's been dealing with the mean girl preppy set for decades. 

I thought the turkey baster comment was gross, because it was directed at a woman who was shown crying over frozen eggs, calling them her babies. I am childless by choice, so if it was said to me, it wouldn't have been hurtful at all. As I've gotten older and so many of my friends have struggled or haven't met someone to have the children with they desperately want, saying anything about a woman's fertility seems cruel. I read somewhere (Page Six I think so take it with a grain of salt) that the comment was what made Andy want Bravo to fire her (I don't know if he has that power anymore though). 

On a shallow note, I thought the women all looked good (Ramona a bit too tan and Tinsley had a bit of a Priv face with the eyelashes). I actually really loved Sonja's hair and I obviously need to stop drinking looking at Lu and Leah. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5