Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E22: Reunion Part 1

• Start Topic

I’m watching season 6 of RHOA right now. Mama Joyce’s vitriol towards Todd when her and Kandi got engaged reminded me so much of Dorinda’s vitriol towards Tinsley. 

Mama Joyce just didn’t what anyone else but her to get Kandi’s 💵 

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

The funny thing is I think Tinsley is the only one of all these housewives who would not use or regard that information in a catty way.  

But what information?  That Scott gave John money?  Why would anyone care?

1 minute ago, Stats Queen said:

I’m watching season 6 of RHOA right now. Mama Joyce’s vitriol towards Todd when her and Kandi got engaged reminded me so much of Dorinda’s vitriol towards Tinsley. 

Mama Joyce just didn’t what anyone else but her to get Kandi’s 💵 

Well, Todd’s got that big head and all...

• LOL 13

will someone tell me what dorinda was screaming to john.  i couldn''t understand her

oh, i watched some of heather on wwhl and was very disappointed in her responses to ? re dorinda behavior all season.  it was if she was keeping her options open, as if she didn't want to offend dorinda,  just did not make sense.

• Useful 1
  • Love 19
4 minutes ago, Axie said:

Dorinda seemed to care lol and production to get Tinsly the hell away from her that night to keep her safe .... but I’m with you on the way it was such a huge deal to Dorinda that she flipped like that.. is it cause Tinsly is with someone that can financially take care of her? Who can give her the life that Richard gave her? It really does seem like Dorinda is jealous of Tinsly having what she doesn’t 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 22
1 minute ago, absolutelyido said:

I think you are right about that, but it makes me wonder how they could have invited Dorinda back for season 12 when they were concerned about her hurting Tinsley in season 11.  Had she wanted to, I would think Tinsley could have made a legal case for breaking her contract because she felt unsafe filming with Dorinda, and the producers didn't address it by removing Dorinda from the show. Probably gave Tinsley some leverage in negotiating an amicable exit.

I totally agree.  I think they knew she could sue the crap out of them and possibly expose other things they don’t want exposed.

• Useful 1
  • Love 18
1 minute ago, jaybird2 said:

will someone tell me what dorinda was screaming to john.  i couldn''t understand her

oh, i watched some of heather on wwhl and was very disappointed in her responses to ? re dorinda behavior all season.  it was if she was keeping her options open, as if she didn't want to offend dorinda,  just did not make sense.

I'll have to go back and watch again but she said something along the lines of "Don't talk to Scott! You're not his friend. When I tell you do something, you better damn well listen [because I'm a nutjob]". Okay okay I took some liberties on the last part. 😂

I did appreciate that Heather admitted that she did not enjoy being around drunk Dorinda. I think she just kept saying "This isn't surprising because Dorinda doesn't like Tinsley. She has to live with that!" Odd because she didn't take too well to Bethenney not liking her, but whatever lol. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 12
3 minutes ago, jaybird2 said:

Heather is tight with Carole (who clearly doesn't like Tinsley) and she uses Dorinda's pool in the Berkshires.  No way was Heather going to critique Dorinda.  Never mind the fact that Heather was the first recipient of one of Dorinda's tirades.  

• Useful 14
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, Steph J said:

That's not just a story, that's a thing that actually happened on the show (which kind of makes me think that Dorinda has always been horrible behind the scenes because they could have easily edited that out, but chose to show it instead).

Thank you for confirming this!!!! I couldn't remember if I read it or saw it because it was so long ago. It bugged me and I never forgot about it but couldn't remember the source. 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Axie said:

Dorinda’s insecure? She didn’t come from money, and John’s not super wealthy (I’m assuming). The fact that her boyfriend accepted money from the rich boyfriend of her rich cast mate maybe stung.

It was a little pathetic when Dorinda called out “tagline!” when they aired the scene of her saying Tinsley was like a mint in her mouth. The show really is all she has. Ramona thought Dorinda was showing some awareness in saying sorry for the turkey baster comment—but that wasn’t it, because Dorinda didn’t mean it, she said “yeah they all laughed” immediately after. (And good for Tinsley for saying it’s out there and will never go away!) No, it was when Dorinda admitted she had no outlet in which to express herself, so she turns to drinking. That is so sad. 

• Love 20

I'm a huge Tinsley fan and supporter and Dorinda was horrible, but some of the things Tinsley was saying gave me a little bit of pause. She said leaving the show proved how devoted she was to Scott and in quarantine, she's been able to demonstrate a side to her he didn't think existed. I hope things work out for her because I really like her a lot, but my face does a little bit of this: 😬.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 17
42 minutes ago, Legalbeagle421 said:

I'll have to go back and watch again but she said something along the lines of "Don't talk to Scott! You're not his friend. When I tell you do something, you better damn well listen [because I'm a nutjob]". Okay okay I took some liberties on the last part. 😂

I did appreciate that Heather admitted that she did not enjoy being around drunk Dorinda. I think she just kept saying "This isn't surprising because Dorinda doesn't like Tinsley. She has to live with that!" Odd because she didn't take too well to Bethenney not liking her, but whatever lol. 

Thanks for explaining.   heather would never answer andy's questions re dorinda being nasty to tinsley.  i lost all respect for heather

• Love 21

I think Tinsley has a little problem with lying when it’s convenient for her narrative. Doesn’t excuse Dorinda’s behavior in any way. Doesn’t mean any of the others don’t also lie. The reason I don’t care for Tinsley is she acts so innocent. I feel sorry for her. I think the person she’s lying to the most is herself, trying to convince herself that Scott is some great guy. She shouldn’t have to prove ANYTHING to him. Yet she said herself tonight that she was able to show him she could be domestic and he didn’t think she had that side to her, like he didn’t think she had skills beyond being a socialite. F that man. 

ETA: I’m curious to understand why anyone thinks Scott is any sort of gentleman. She crawled back to him after he dumped her at least twice. Could have even been three times. If Tinsley is so sweet and wonderful, why did it take multiple breakups for Scott to figure it out? He completely controls the relationship and she kowtows to him because she likes the trappings he offers. I don’t think ‘persevering’ through a guy dumping you multiple times is something to be proud of. It’s gross. 

Edited by RedDelicious
  • Useful 2
  • Love 14
55 minutes ago, AttackTurtle said:

Heather is tight with Carole (who clearly doesn't like Tinsley) and she uses Dorinda's pool in the Berkshires.  No way was Heather going to critique Dorinda.  Never mind the fact that Heather was the first recipient of one of Dorinda's tirades.  

thanks.  i never understood why carole turned on tinsley when she had set them up.  in any case heather has lost my respect. 

• Love 18
1 hour ago, Axie said:

I think they knew she could sue the crap out of them and possibly expose other things they don’t want exposed.

100% they knew. Hostile Work Environment, Harassment, Workplace Abuse and Bullying on film and with multiple witnesses. Production afraid for her safety! Bravo got off easy if all they had to do was let her out of her contract. Would love to know the back story-bet the word lawsuit was mentioned at least once. 

Posessed Dorinda on the phone with John - both evil and gold. What's it to Dorinda if John has a money deal with Scott. She is a Nightmare.

Hopefully Dorinda was blindsighted by showing that footage.

Edited by itsadryheat
  • Love 24
6 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

I think Tinsley has a little problem with lying when it’s convenient for her narrative. Doesn’t excuse Dorinda’s behavior in any way. Doesn’t mean any of the others don’t also lie. The reason I don’t care for Tinsley is she acts so innocent. I feel sorry for her. I think the person she’s lying to the most is herself, trying to convince herself that Scott is some great guy. She shouldn’t have to prove ANYTHING to him. Yet she said herself tonight that she was able to show him she could be domestic and he didn’t think she had that side to her. F that man. 

i never liked tinsley but dorinda was totally unhinged and nasty toward her.  no one deserves what dorinda dishes out.

• Love 24
10 minutes ago, thesupremediva1 said:

I’m only 10 minutes in but my blood is already boiling. 
I didn’t want to watch a coronavirus debate. My mother died alone in a hospital in Vegas at the height of CoVid. This happened because my father and I were not allowed to be with her, due to the lockdown rules. The hospital staff were grossly negligent with a mostly healthy person because they were more focused on CoVid than anything else. We weren’t able to fly home when she was buried back in the family cemetery in NJ. We have not yet been able to give her a proper memorial. 
I was watching RHNYC when we got the news. It was the only thing that helped me sleep that awful night.

Other tragedies happened during COVID, because of the rules instituted. I deal with those on an hourly basis. I don’t need to see reality players lecturing on following them. 

No offense to Leah, but I really have zero interest in her and Dorinda ganging up on Ramona to score points. It’s cheap. Stop virtue signaling. Also no one gave a shit about masks during lockdown. There were experts on TV saying they wouldn’t help. In the hospital that killed my mother, NO ONE was wearing a mask.

Shaming Ramona for her behavior is so useless. There are so many more people like myself who were negatively affected and lost loved ones DIRECTLY DUE to following those rules to the letter. I didn’t want to have to talk about this here but they shoved it in my face, so Andy: KINDLY FUCK OFF WITH THIS.

I watch RHNYC to ease my own suffering, not add to it. I have zero desire to go on IG and watch people cry. I enjoy entertainment and watching Ramona work out and drink with Avery or mop up in her lingerie was a highlight of lockdown. If my mom was alive, we’d have been doing the same thing. I think it’s great to be able to enjoy family time during COVID! 

What I DO NOT appreciate are hypocrites like Leah and Dorinda screaming about how we all need to behave to their standards in a crisis. There are enough people suffering - you crying too doesn’t lessen my personal pain. Leah should know that, but she’s too busy virtue signaling and trying to be cool. In short, nothing about Ramona’s behavior offended me. Leah’s morality rant just made me want to put my fist through a wall.

Leah’s dress was trash and she looked like a desperate mess circa 1992. She’s not that hot. Tins is 10 times prettier and half as much of an asshole.

I hate to say it but Dorinda looked the best. She was channeling Lady Di. What in fresh hell.

i'm so sorry!

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

Dorinda going at Tinsley for leaving the show for Scott when she met Scott while on the show.

Yeah, like what does that have to do with anything anyway?  Since Tinsley met Scott on the show that obligates her to stay on the show?   That's some kind of weird Dorinda logic, that makes sense to no one but her.

2 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

My hair stood on end with that footage of Dorinda on the phone. Yikes! 😱 She could get a role in a psychological horror movie, she’s scary. She’d probably get an Oscar.

I know...she looked deranged.  Really koo-koo.  Seems like John didn't tell Dorinda about his money shit is because he was scared to, or he would have told her and it wouldn't have been a big deal.  After seeing those crazy eyes (Ramona has nothing on Dorinda's eyes) I could see why he would be afraid.  Poor slob keeps coming back for more though.

2 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

They all looked more comfy than the glammed up idiots on BH but Tinsley is so pretty and those heavy fake eyelashes are so awful.

I hate her eyelashes, they are too heavy or thick or something, it's like they are aging her.  She's way too pretty for those eyelashes.

• Love 14
3 hours ago, Steph J said:

That's not just a story, that's a thing that actually happened on the show (which kind of makes me think that Dorinda has always been horrible behind the scenes because they could have easily edited that out, but chose to show it instead).

I'm pretty sure it was season 7 Dorinda's first season.

Edited by MadLove
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
12 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

On the phone, Dorinda also yelled, “Don’t try to run game behind my back!”

Yes THIS! I will have to watch the show again, but what does running game even mean? Sounds shady to me.

• Love 17
5 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Essentially, to save face, Dorinda targeted Tinsley to do exactly what she Tinsley did - get her to leave. Unfortunately for Dorinda, it seems like production was finally done with protecting her and so it all finally came out. 

Try being a good person, Dorinda, it may get you farther. 

I always appreciate your comments and this struck me.  Lets hope Dorinda gets the help she needs.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, SailorGirl said:

She looks up to Ellen Barkin because Ellen married a multi-billionaire, ended up getting divorced, and got $20M+ from the estate sale of her jewelry and 4.3 million in a lawsuit over a film production company . . . 

And on a completely shallow note she married Gabriel Byrne at his peak.

• LOL 4
  • Love 13
4 hours ago, jaybird2 said:

I didn’t want to watch a coronavirus debate. My mother died alone in a hospital in Vegas at the height of CoVid. This happened because my father and I were not allowed to be with her, due to the lockdown rules. The hospital staff were grossly negligent with a mostly healthy person because they were more focused on CoVid than anything else. We weren’t able to fly home when she was buried back in the family cemetery in NJ. We have not yet been able to give her a proper memorial. 

I am very sorry for your loss.  I bet her last thoughts were happy ones thinking about you and your Dad.  I wish you peace.

• Love 16
5 hours ago, film noire said:

I agree.  (And my god, Dorinda is ugly when she goes there; she slips into shaming the way some of us slip into a hot bath on a cold night.) I think the comment was also meant to denigrate Scott, as well.  Dorinda took a (patriarchal)  whack at the father of Tinsley's child not being up to the task of providing Tinsley with manly sperm, the manly old fashioned way. (Scott can't get 'er done, so time for the turkey baster!)  And shaming Scott's manhood is in line with Dorinda's reaction after Tinsley said, "I'm engaged, I'm getting married--"  Gollum interrupted her and snarled "With no financial security".  

Motherfucker, please.  We all know Scott provided for John just fine, so why not Tinsley? ; )

My devious-perhaps-not-likely-but-OMG-so-juicy-speculative backstory: In the last twenty-four months, Dorinda's been bleeding cash - spending too much money on high end free range roast chicken  - rare white birds from  Columbia - she was getting drunk and throwing cash at wings and breasts like a coke lord at Vegas, getting all Scarface at her local deli -"SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND!"  -  and then the money ran out, and the chicken carcasses piled up, and she went to John for help, and he didn't have the cash to save her, so he went looking to make good on her chicken debts, and he ended up taking money from Tinsley's man, and Dorinda found out - in MIAMI! -  and called John ("You don't run game behind my back, ever. I don't want you to talk to Scott. He's not your friend. When I say to you don't do something, you better fucking well listen.") and like all emotional mobsters, she can't forgive the person who sees her for who she really is - a financial fraud, a drunk and a bully - and now Dorinda owes Tinsley all the chicken, but Medley ain't paying nobody no chicken money...

Didn't Dorinda also say (in a talking head) that she gave money once to someone in a wheelchair (because she assumed they were begging for money) but they were just waiting at the corner for the streetlight to change?

eta: She did! Full clip here (in which she calls the Black man over to take her wrap, and realizes he is not working at the restaurant, and then blames her assumption on his shirt - a shirt that looks to be a classic dress shirt, btw - and then in her confessional she talks about passing by a man in a wheelchair -  who turns out to be a lawyer waiting to get on the midtown bus - and she ruins his Starbucks coffee by shoving a five dollar bill  in his cup).

https://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-7/episode-3/videos/even-housewives-make-mistakes

OMG That is one of the most cringe worthy things that I have seen on this show. Not even the countess instructing Bethenny to introduce her to the limo driver as Mrs. De lesseps can hold a candle to Dorinda assuming that the black gentleman was part of "the help." 

• Love 22

I haven't even read the thread, but I wanted to say that while I am 95% Team Leah, the idea that she ever dealt/apologized/considered how annoying and screechy and destructive a drunk she was during the season is pretty laughable.

(And, to be fair, I would doubt she's quite that operatic a drunk when the camera's not on her, but maybe.)

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

I agree.  (And my god, Dorinda is ugly when she goes there; she slips into shaming the way some of us slip into a hot bath on a cold night.) I think the comment was also meant to denigrate Scott, as well.  Dorinda took a (patriarchal)  whack at the father of Tinsley's child not being up to the task of providing Tinsley with manly sperm, the manly old fashioned way. (Scott can't get 'er done, so time for the turkey baster!)  And shaming Scott's manhood is in line with Dorinda's reaction after Tinsley said, "I'm engaged, I'm getting married--"  Gollum interrupted her and snarled "With no financial security".  

Motherfucker, please.  We all know Scott provided for John just fine, so why not Tinsley? ; )

My devious-perhaps-not-likely-but-OMG-so-juicy-speculative backstory: In the last twenty-four months, Dorinda's been bleeding cash - spending too much money on high end free range roast chicken  - rare white birds from  Columbia - she was getting drunk and throwing cash at wings and breasts like a coke lord at Vegas, getting all Scarface at her local deli -"SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND!"  -  and then the money ran out, and the chicken carcasses piled up, and she went to John for help, and he didn't have the cash to save her, so he went looking to make good on her chicken debts, and he ended up taking money from Tinsley's man, and Dorinda found out - in MIAMI! -  and called John ("You don't run game behind my back, ever. I don't want you to talk to Scott. He's not your friend. When I say to you don't do something, you better fucking well listen.") and like all emotional mobsters, she can't forgive the person who sees her for who she really is - a financial fraud, a drunk and a bully - and now Dorinda owes Tinsley all the chicken, but Medley ain't paying nobody no chicken money...

Yes, suddenly all of her comments essentially insinuating and outright claiming that Tinsley was prostituting herself to Scott make a lot more sense.  Dorinda obviously feels insecure about her own money situation, so whether or not she asked John for money at any point, this information obviously triggered some deep-seated fear of financial insecurity in her.  Plus, again, it made her feel inferior to Tinsley on this front.  So she goes after Tinsley because she felt humiliated in font of her and she was doubly humiliated because she couldn't pretend like John was some sort of great financial titan. (Which no one thought he was but whatever).

Secondly, it makes me think that a huge part of the reason why Dorinda married and still reveres St. Richard is because of his money. I suspect she's transferring onto Tinsley her own self-loathing with regard to her marriage to Richard. She married Richard for financial security (no doubt she thinks she loved him, too, as much as a narcissist can love any other individual), and this whole situation has reminded her that she no longer has that financial security (beyond what she inherited from him, of course). It could explain why she was so obsessed this year with the memory of St. Richard and kept using him to justify her abusive behavior towards Tins. 

3 hours ago, albarino said:

I always appreciate your comments and this struck me.  Lets hope Dorinda gets the help she needs.

Thank you. I hope she gets the help she needs but I'm doubtful she will. She likely still doesn't believe she acted badly. 

• Love 14

Didn't Dorinda also say (in a talking head) that she gave money once to someone in a wheelchair (because she assumed they were begging for money) but they were just waiting at the corner for the streetlight to change?

eta: She did! Full clip here (in which she calls the Black man over to take her wrap, and realizes he is not working at the restaurant, and then blames her assumption on his shirt - a shirt that looks to be a classic dress shirt, btw - and then in her confessional she talks about passing by a man in a wheelchair -  who turns out to be a lawyer waiting to get on the midtown bus - and she ruins his Starbucks coffee by shoving a five dollar bill  in his cup).

https://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-7/episode-3/videos/even-housewives-make-mistakes

Thank you for digging this out of the archives! I had forgotten about the gentleman in the wheelchair. Makes her look even worse and she laughed about both. "It was the shirt." Yeah. Sure. 

• Love 11
6 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

On the phone, Dorinda also yelled, “Don’t try to run game behind my back!”

Holy Smokes!  I’m wondering if at anytime dear Richard saw the wrath that is Dorinda.  She’s always using Richard as an excuse for bad behavior.  Her anger had to come out at some point in their marriage.   John better sleep with one eye open.   Her sayings baffle me, like it’s something you would hear on the street.  I could imagine how she felt when she was fired.  I can’t imagine her taking it lightly.  Yikes!  Andy must have placated her with the thought she might come back.  If she ever does, I’ll be out.  My husband reading the paper just said Denise Richards quit BH.  Guess it’s old news for you guys on SM.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8