Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E22: Reunion Part 1

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, b2H said:

So a string of thoughts:

Have always said - when dressing for reunions, don’t worry about what you look like standing up.  Make sure it looks good sitting down.  Every reunion I see, the dresses are gorgeous but look awful, seated.

Next:  we now know why Dorinda has been canned.  Way too many violations of civility and ethics, she just cannot be trusted around anyone in her current mental state.  She deserves to be unemployed from the show and alone and separated from John.  He needs to stay away from her for his own good.  I don’t care what her IG says - anyone seeing how Dorinda has behaved on film, and now knowing far worse behavior ended up on the cutting room floor, she is a dangerous and toxic person in need of a lot of therapy to get a grip on her life.  I cannot imagine what D’s daughter must be feeling (or what she experienced that we don’t know about).  I say it again:  Dorinda is a dangerous and toxic person and should be shunned until she gets help.

Next:  Leah and Brandi????  Don’t give Brandi that much credit.  For all her flaws, Leah has much more on the ball than Brandi will ever have.  Much, much more.  Brandi is a zero next to Leah and nothing will change that.

Next:  Tinsley.  I think she will be just fine.  Scott didn’t want the show because he saw the toxicity of the environment for Tinsley and convinced her to get the heck out.  Dorinda is seeing the wonderful story unfolding and is wishing for Richard to be back so she could have her wonderful life again.  D’s anger is misdirected.  D’s jealousy and sadness is overwhelming her, along with the other life stresses she may be dealing with.  Tinsley is going to get her happy ending and be away from all of the women, who honestly disrespected her and failed to support her at every turn.  Tinsley should shake the dust from her sandals, turn her face toward Chicago and never look back.

Bring on part 2.

Now that things are coming out about Dorinda, I wonder what else there is about her we don’t know about.  If Richard has relatives, I wonder what they would have to say about her.   Where is he from, England?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

Now that things are coming out about Dorinda, I wonder what else there is about her we don’t know about.  If Richard has relatives, I wonder what they would have to say about her.   Where is he from, England?

She lived in London with her first husband (Ralph Lynch), Hannah's father.  I'm guessing he was British, though not sure.

• Love 1
On 9/10/2020 at 11:17 PM, film noire said:

I agree.  (And my god, Dorinda is ugly when she goes there; she slips into shaming the way some of us slip into a hot bath on a cold night.) I think the comment was also meant to denigrate Scott, as well.  Dorinda took a (patriarchal)  whack at the father of Tinsley's child not being up to the task of providing Tinsley with manly sperm, the manly old fashioned way. (Scott can't get 'er done, so time for the turkey baster!)  And shaming Scott's manhood is in line with Dorinda's reaction after Tinsley said, "I'm engaged, I'm getting married--"  Gollum interrupted her and snarled "With no financial security".  

Motherfucker, please.  We all know Scott provided for John just fine, so why not Tinsley? ; )

My devious-perhaps-not-likely-but-OMG-so-juicy-speculative backstory: In the last twenty-four months, Dorinda's been bleeding cash - spending too much money on high end free range roast chicken  - rare white birds from  Columbia - she was getting drunk and throwing cash at wings and breasts like a coke lord at Vegas, getting all Scarface at her local deli -"SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND!"  -  and then the money ran out, and the chicken carcasses piled up, and she went to John for help, and he didn't have the cash to save her, so he went looking to make good on her chicken debts, and he ended up taking money from Tinsley's man, and Dorinda found out - in MIAMI! -  and called John ("You don't run game behind my back, ever. I don't want you to talk to Scott. He's not your friend. When I say to you don't do something, you better fucking well listen.") and like all emotional mobsters, she can't forgive the person who sees her for who she really is - a financial fraud, a drunk and a bully - and now Dorinda owes Tinsley all the chicken, but Medley ain't paying nobody no chicken money...

Didn't Dorinda also say (in a talking head) that she gave money once to someone in a wheelchair (because she assumed they were begging for money) but they were just waiting at the corner for the streetlight to change?

eta: She did! Full clip here (in which she calls the Black man over to take her wrap, and realizes he is not working at the restaurant, and then blames her assumption on his shirt - a shirt that looks to be a classic dress shirt, btw - and then in her confessional she talks about passing by a man in a wheelchair -  who turns out to be a lawyer waiting to get on the midtown bus - and she ruins his Starbucks coffee by shoving a five dollar bill  in his cup).

https://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-7/episode-3/videos/even-housewives-make-mistakes

I have to hand it to you:  This has to be the funnies thing about HWs that I've read in months!!  Take a bow, film noire!

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

I thought she looked heavy during the actual season. In the THs they filmed after the season, she looked much slimmer.

I hesitate to say this because I like Tinsley, but I have a feeling she and Scott won’t make it to the wedding. He’s been so wish washy with her. I don’t think he’s as into her as she is him, but I’m just speculating. I hope I’m wrong. I also hope she can get pregnant as she really seems to want a baby. 

Tinsley is attractive but I didn’t really like her look at the reunion. The severe pulled-back hair emphasized the big fake eyelashes and her overly-tweaked nose, and not in a good way IMO. 

Oops, sorry I meant she got heavy offseason and then filmed heavy so she started to use diuretics while filming to lose water weight!  No question she was heavy for her during the season.

And I agree with you on Tinsely.  I have never thought she was that great looking, just skinny and blonde.  

1 minute ago, Boo Boo said:

And I agree with you on Tinsely.  I have never thought she was that great looking, just skinny and blonde.  

I agree with you.  Tinsley is no great beauty.  All she has going for her is being skinny and blonde.

But, I never got the impression that Tinsley was a mean person.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Neurochick said:

I agree with you.  Tinsley is no great beauty.  All she has going for her is being skinny and blonde.

But, I never got the impression that Tinsley was a mean person.

I agree. She has a sweet personality.

• Love 10
On 9/11/2020 at 10:33 AM, Juliegirlj said:

Big John’s dry cleaning business filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy in February 2020.

So much for the why the "rich fat Armenian" is of no further use to her.  No wonder Dorinda is off the rails that he borrowed money from co-workers she hates and then filed for Chapter 11 (re-organization of business -- not belly-up which would be Chapter 13).  I wouldn't surprise me to hear that in recent years Dorinda has blown through a shitload of cash.

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, Anne Thrax said:

I wouldn't surprise me to hear that in recent years Dorinda has blown through a shitload of cash.

Well those sequined things she wears can't be cheap. Ugly, but certainly not cheap, along with redecorating her apartment twice and the refurbishing of BSM. She's probably tapped out.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, ECE said:

I don't think Ramona should get away from being so awful to just everyone. I'm just really amazed at the number of pages devoted to pointing out how awful Dorinda is, but not Ramona.

You're not alone. I loathe Ramona with the heat of a thousand suns. I don't think she deserves credit for never intentionally hurting someone(even though I question that). If I call you a loveless fat cow accidently does it hurt less? There is also no way she was practicing social distancing in Florida or even now. She's gauche. Although I take a lot of joy out of her inability to bludgeon her way into high society. Because she's, you know, gauche. Not a fan of those horse chompers, either. I want her gone. But I also want Jax and Brandi and Rinna gone. Bravo only allows us nice things once every five years so I'm resigned.

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
11 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

O.k. ..  true.  So, she only goes for guys with money.  I thought John had a booming business?  Where’s all his money?  Hmmmm.  Then he borrows money from a guy he hardly knows?  Sounds fishey to me.  He met him a few times and borrows money?

Before I settled into NYC's more homey UWS, I lived, for a few years, on the UES. & I recall passing Madame Paulette, quite often -- the "royalty" of Blue Book Society's dry cleaning. 

Nope.  I, personally, never had the need to request its services...but...I can see how Dorinda might have 'mixed up' her hopes for a patrician lifestyle by connecting with owner John M., potential 'Dry Cleaner to the Stars!' ......

Alas... by 2019, was he 'Swanky??" Nooope.  Filing for bankruptcy?? Yup!  (Sadly, not unlike a slew of NYC's small businesses.) ☹️

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Silver Bells said:

Now that things are coming out about Dorinda, I wonder what else there is about her we don’t know about.  If Richard has relatives, I wonder what they would have to say about her.

Until proven wrong, I'm going with Dorinda having a violent mouth and sniper vocabulary all her life. We have seen a composed, intelligent, witty side to her, but unless acknowledged and managed, darkness usually wins. Even Ramona mentioned she has always been abrasive, but it never lasted this long. She wants to be seen as a healthy, accomplished, wise, sophisticated exercise instructor but the alcohol and entitlement gifted to her from participating on a reality show worked against that.

I suspect everyone in her orbit has stories. You do not get that level of vile without it being there in the first place. Here's hoping for leaks from targets past.

Edited by itsadryheat
  • Love 16
On 9/11/2020 at 12:20 PM, Mar said:

Andy: Leah, please elaborate on the vagina wings. Why did you get them?

Leah: This is actually a really crazy story.

Me: I actually am not interested in hearing it.

And by the way Leah,  the vagina is not visible. It is the internal tube. I am so surprised that a generation of younger women, who claim to be so sexually aware and empowered, don’t even know the correct terminology. The vulva is the outer part of the female genitals and includes the opening of the vagina and the labia, which are the inner and outer lips. I hear this term used incorrectly all the time and it just drives me crazy! Come on, women!

It's as if some women haven't ever looked at themselves, and think you just refer to everything there as "the vagina" which of course is wildly inaccurate. 

More than likely, Leah's tattoo is on her mons pubis.  NOW do you know where your tattoo is, Leah??  I cannot imagine anyone having their inner -- ouch -- labia tattooed.  And I'm thinking it would be difficult to tattoo the outer labia and be hardly visible unless it were shaved (waxed?) and the legs were spread.  NO WAY it's in her vagina (can you imagine how difficult tattooing THERE would be?).  Know your genitalia, ladies!

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
On 9/12/2020 at 4:40 PM, Keywestclubkid said:

That really pisses Dorinda off that financially Tinsly doesn’t need this show like Dorinda does lol Jesus Christ ... What is the issue with Dorinda about Tinslys financial matters... 

Exactly.  I think Dorinda was on a mission to make it sound like Tins is dependent on men to live nicely.  Because that's what Dorinda had to do to live nicely.

Edited by Boo Boo
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, tvfanatic13 said:

Didn’t the HWs used to watch the clips at the same time as the audience?

That quote was very rehearsed. 

Well that's disappointing.  Because they still got it wrong.  The saying goes:  Believe none of what you hear, and half of what you see.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Chicklet said:

Well those sequined things she wears can't be cheap. Ugly, but certainly not cheap, along with redecorating her apartment twice and the refurbishing of BSM. She's probably tapped out.

Yes - perfect time to get the apartment she owns remodeled while she's living in the freebee.  Except it looked far from done when we saw it a few weeks back which of course is actually a few months back.  With dependability of contractors always in issue, it wouldn't surprise me if her apartment is in mostly the same condition today.  And she might be having to pay for two apartments if the freebee deal gets rescinded and she has to start paying rent for the freebee in addition to the costs of keeping the one being remodeled.  It sounds like a precarious position to be in.

Not to even mention the BSM project.  I'm thinking she's possibly in debt for that one.  Flood damage is such a bitch to repair properly, and in most cases your homeowner policy doesn't cover it.  If she had flood insurance, perhaps insurance paid for some of it, but knowing how insurance companies like to operate, springing tricks like deductibles, exclusions and "replacement value" versus new construction, I wouldn't doubt Dorinda had to pay for a lot of the BSM repairs out of her own pocket.

Now with losing her fancy RHONY job and Dorinda not being emotionally stable, maybe suicide watch wouldn't be a bad idea.

• Useful 4
  • Love 2
On 9/11/2020 at 9:28 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

I rewound because I saw that, too! I think she tried TWICE to drink from the straw while wearing the plastic mask.

I will have to go back to see her attempts to drink from a straw, I missed that.

What I really want to point out is that her mask was silly and not very effective.  The idea is to breathe through the mask material, not around it.  The gaps at the top and bottom of that apparatus allows her breath out into the air and others breath into her nose and mouth.  

It didn’t bother me that she did the upbeat videos but if she did have the virus in February she surely spread it to many during her travels.

43BA4683-8F37-4C91-8071-17E461F86BE1.jpeg

Edited by Emmeline
  • Love 6

Yeah that’s pretty much just a modified face shield that Ramona is wearing.  At my workplace at least she would not be permitted inside the door in that.

I don’t feel sorry for Dorinda at all.  She deserves all the financial stress and hardship coming her way - the irony is that she will probably try to find herself a rich man to help her out of it.

I think this is the first time I’ve ever looked forward to another reunion episode.  Think she’ll get fired on camera??

• Love 4
On 9/11/2020 at 8:35 PM, bichonblitz said:

She was given way too much "talk time". First of all, these women did not all like her from the get as they are pretending they did.  Sonja at first and Ramona still don't like her, Lu was condescending about her apartment.  Somehow the tide has turned and she has become the new darling of the NY show so they all decided to kiss her ass now. I don't think there a thing that is clever, funny or smart about her. I have a feeling this show is going to come back with a younger cast and the old ladies are super paranoid about it so hence the ass kissing.

Also, Leah, lose the gloves. We have seen it on you all season. We have all taken note of your repetitive, edgy fashion statement. 

I don’t like watching Leah and don’t understand why she was given star treatment. I’d pretty much decided not to watch next season anyway due to Dorinda and Sonja, so if Leah comes back it’s just one more reason for me to stay away. 

I’ll stick to Potomac and Dallas. I’m also watching old episodes of ATL but am skipping over a lot of stuff. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, Emmeline said:

I will have to go back to see her attempts to drink from a stare, I missed that.

What I really want to point out is that her mask was silly and not very effective.  The idea is to breathe through the mask material, not around it.  The gaps at the top and bottom of that apparatus allows her breath out into the air and others breath into her nose and mouth.  

It didn’t bother me that she did the upbeat videos but if she did have the virus in February she surely spread it to many during her travels.

43BA4683-8F37-4C91-8071-17E461F86BE1.jpeg

It's obvious that ^this face covering would be ineffective.  I would imagine that she chose it so as not to deprive the unwashed masses of her beauty and greatness, while minimally adhering to mask mandates.

• LOL 4
  • Love 9

Ramona had forgotten her hair extensions in the Hamptons, so the hairdresser had to quickly put in Jenny McCarthy's extensions, which is why they were so blonde and such a bad match.  Why can't she just go without?  They ended up looking so stupid.

I can't stand Dorinda, but I did love this one line, when talking about Ramona's drinking:

Ramona:  "I drink water!  It's how I stay so thin!"

Dorinda, with her sneer:  "You're not that thin!"

Ha!  Loved it.

I'm not for looks-shaming anyone, but Ramona brings it on herself.

Edited by Starlight925
  • Love 7
23 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

Apparently, John wanted to produce a product that he could sell for home care of high-end garments, and Scott loaned/invested with John to get it started.  

The fight in Miami started when Dorinda found out that not only did John not have enough money to finance his own business venture, but that Scott stepped in to help. 

Apparently, it was such a horrendous evening that Bravo decided not to air it, or even remotely talk about it, as there could be liability issues if Dorinda physically (or otherwise) came after Tinsley.  Apparently, the whole night was horrendous.  ( I keep saying "apparently", because well, no one is 100% sure).

John declared Chapter 11 for his business, after years of horrible reviews his business had gotten.

Chapter 11 was declared on Feb. 4, 2020, so before COVID was even a factor.

Seems like John's business was struggling for a long time.

Oh, so that’s why she dumped John and didn’t tell anyone why.  Sonja declared Chapter 11 and talks about it freely.  So do a lot of people.  She’s pissed because John went behind her back and Tinsley had one up on Dorinda.  Now, everything makes sense.  Dorinda must have been livid.  I’m surprised her head didn’t blow up.  Now, she invites John to her party.  She’s a “Don “ of all Dons.   Sneaky little critter.  Meanwhile, she had to know all of Tinsleys business, and everyone’s for that matter.  How could anyone be friends with a woman like that?  Anyone know The Who’s who in England who knows Richards family?  Maybe one of his daughters? We have to know what people thought of her across the Pond, or Wall Street.  Many skeletons coming out of her closet.

• Love 3
21 hours ago, Boo Boo said:

I hear you.  That said, I think Sonja gained a lot of weight in the off season and then was taking OTC diuretics to lose water weight.

I can’t take water pills at all.  Less food and no salt does the trick.  Lots of water.  

• Love 4
20 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

I put this on last night but the segment about shaming Ramona for being happy and goofy on Instagram put me into a 6-hour coma, so I'll be watching it this morning with plenty of coffee.  It's been a while since a reunion actually sounds like it's worth watching and my fellow posters have certainly described it as "must see."

I wish Bravo would air that entire evening in Miami as a Housewives special or something.  I'm sure it's a hot mess but I'd be willing to sit through it and see what really went down that night.

I think Bravo brought out the big guns regarding Dorinda's unseen footage because they knew they were going to can her odious ass and wanted the audience to see exactly why.  

Bravo loves seeing these women go after each other verbally, but production clearly felt Dorinda presented an actual physical threat to Tinsley (and probably anybody else who got in her way that night).  I've always thought Dorinda was straddling a fine line between verbally abusive and actually escalating to physically abusive.  

I'm not a Tinsley fan (just because I found her too mundane and "normal," but I did love her shoe collection), but I cannot imagine having production tell me that for my own safety I should go elsewhere for the night.   

We've seen atrocious behavior from the housewives in all franchises across the board, but nothing of this magnitude.  

The very fact that Dorinda is saying no clip exists when Bravo did, in fact, show the clip is beyond batshit crazy.

Most people in her shoes would have had a moment of clarity when they were confronted with the cold, hard truth, but not Dorinda.  

I hope she still thinks 2020 was going to be a good year for her.  

Instead it was a good year for that bitch known as karma to pay her a visit.  

Goodbye, Dorinda, and good riddance.  

Was that scene in Miami this season or last?    I have to look for it.

I wonder if Dorinda expected to be a partner in John's business venture, hoping to reap the financial rewards, and blew her stack because John did it behind her back and secretly cut her out of the deal.

I watch YouTube sometimes (old music videos, fat laughing babies, how to friggin' set up any new device) and occasionally there will be something random with Dorinda in it. I haven't watched, but it appears she's been trying to do media stuff outside of Bravo.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

Was that scene in Miami this season or last?    I have to look for it.

I think it was last season.  If I understand it correctly, Bravo didn't air any of the footage from that night as an episode because it was such a debacle.  

I wish Bravo would make it its own "Very Special Housewives of NYC Episode."  😄 

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
11 hours ago, TzuShih said:

Before I settled into NYC's more homey UWS, I lived, for a few years, on the UES. & I recall passing Madame Paulette, quite often -- the "royalty" of Blue Book Society's dry cleaning. 

Nope.  I, personally, never had the need to request its services...but...I can see how Dorinda might have 'mixed up' her hopes for a patrician lifestyle by connecting with owner John M., potential 'Dry Cleaner to the Stars!' ......

Alas... by 2019, was he 'Swanky??" Nooope.  Filing for bankruptcy?? Yup!  (Sadly, not unlike a slew of NYC's small businesses.) ☹️

In hearing about Dorinda's relationship with John, I remember hearing that she received "forgotten" designer pieces from the cleaners.  But if you read some of the Yelp reviews in the link posted upthread, there were so many posts by people who tell of dropping off their beautiful garments never to see them again, and whose follow-ups were ignored.  Reading them made it much easier to understand how Madame Paulette's with the fabulous reputation is sinking into the mire.

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Useful 4
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

Yeah that’s pretty much just a modified face shield that Ramona is wearing.  At my workplace at least she would not be permitted inside the door in that.

I don’t feel sorry for Dorinda at all.  She deserves all the financial stress and hardship coming her way - the irony is that she will probably try to find herself a rich man to help her out of it.

I think this is the first time I’ve ever looked forward to another reunion episode.  Think she’ll get fired on camera??

Naw, that wouldn't make sense.  Don't forget they let her make the announcement -- her announcement said it was her idea to leave.

• Love 1

This reunion really made me realize that we were duped during their entire trip to Miami. Tinsley sucked it up the entire time while she was bullied so horribly by Dorinda, while the producers and Bethenny were pointing and saying "Hey look over there!" at Lu. The fact that Bethenny is still friends with Dorinda makes sense to me now.

Dorinda makes Scary Island look like a tea party.

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 14
11 hours ago, Anne Thrax said:

It's as if some women haven't ever looked at themselves, and think you just refer to everything there as "the vagina" which of course is wildly inaccurate. 

More than likely, Leah's tattoo is on her mons pubis.  NOW do you know where your tattoo is, Leah??  I cannot imagine anyone having their inner -- ouch -- labia tattooed.  And I'm thinking it would be difficult to tattoo the outer labia and be hardly visible unless it were shaved (waxed?) and the legs were spread.  NO WAY it's in her vagina (can you imagine how difficult tattooing THERE would be?).  Know your genitalia, ladies!

Geeze, at my age after three kids, just getting past the rolls would be a challenge, never mind the vagina.  I’d have to lie upside down to see anything.

51 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

I think it was last season.  If I understand it correctly, Bravo didn't air any of the footage from that night as an episode because it was such a debacle.  

I wish Bravo would make it its own "Very Special Housewives of NYC Episode."  😄 

Damn.  Thanks for letting me know.  Saved time looking for it.

• LOL 4
1 hour ago, Starlight925 said:

Dorinda, with her sneer:  "You're not that thin!"

Who is she to talk.  Those white skin tight leggings or whatever they are do not flatter her wide hips.  Maybe they are Hannas.  She walks like a duck with her feet sticking outward.

• LOL 5
  • Love 8

I was listening to Watch What Crappens (great podcast) and they referenced a person on Reddit who said that Scott was maybe a little too controlling with Tinsley and that Dorinda and the housewives had witnessed some stuff and had a very negative opinion of Scott.  I think this was during the taping of the commercial for his coupon company.  According to this person, Dorinda refused to accept any money from him because of it and demanded that John do the same.  It seems like maybe he didn’t which is why she was so mad at John.  It could maybe explain the exasperation with Tinsley if they’d spoken their peace about this treatment and she was seeing him anyway.  But then Dorinda would have taken it way too far and is really not being supportive of a friend who may be going through something awful. 

I have never seen any mention of Scott’s being controlling on this board and found this angle interesting and disturbing.  

• Useful 7
54 minutes ago, Anne Thrax said:

In hearing about Dorinda's relationship with John, I remember hearing that she received "forgotten" designer pieces from the cleaners.  But if you read some of the Yelp reviews in the link posted upthread, there were so many posts by people who tell of dropping off their beautiful garments never to see them again, and whose follow-ups were ignored.  Reading them made it much easier to understand how Madame Paulette's with the fabulous reputation is sinking into the mire.

Madame Paulette's was started either by John's father or grandfather (did we really think John would have come up with the name Madame Paulette?  lol), and it looks like John ran it into the ground.  

And you're right!  I remember Dorinda getting these "forgotten" designer dresses!  I had forgotten about that....the yelp reviews make total sense now, about people not getting their dresses back.  If a woman saw Dorinda wearing her dress at an event, I'd hope she literally rips it off her body.

2 minutes ago, Kerrey92 said:

I was listening to Watch What Crappens (great podcast) and they referenced a person on Reddit who said that Scott was maybe a little too controlling with Tinsley and that Dorinda and the housewives had witnessed some stuff and had a very negative opinion of Scott.  I think this was during the taping of the commercial for his coupon company.  According to this person, Dorinda refused to accept any money from him because of it and demanded that John do the same.  It seems like maybe he didn’t which is why she was so mad at John.  It could maybe explain the exasperation with Tinsley if they’d spoken their peace about this treatment and she was seeing him anyway.  But then Dorinda would have taken it way too far and is really not being supportive of a friend who may be going through something awful. 

I have never seen any mention of Scott’s being controlling on this board and found this angle interesting and disturbing.  

Re:  Scott being controlling.  I believe it.  Many relationships go through breakups and makeups, and some end up happily ever after.  But each breakup was done by Scott, and all because of what Scott didn't like:  the show, the long distance, etc.  There's been something about him that I haven't liked since the first time we "met" him, when Tinsley climbed all over him on that blind double date with Carole.  

He reminds me of what Bethenny said about Tom (LuAnn's Tom):  that he's a "trick guy".  That guy who couldn't get girls in high school, so they become this different persona once they age.  In Tom's case, it was nonstop cheating, whereas in Scott's, it's control.  I'd love to hear more.

• Love 6

Scott being controlling would in no way push Dorinda to act the way she did towards Tinsly. You don’t make the person feel like a worthless piece of shit and basically tell them they are nothing like the dirt on your shoes because they are dating someone controlling.. 

• Love 18
12 minutes ago, Kerrey92 said:

It could maybe explain the exasperation with Tinsley if they’d spoken their peace about this treatment and she was seeing him anyway.  

I don't think what we saw with Dorinda going off on Leah during Sonja's party during the final episode was "exasperation". Seemed more like rage to me. 

• Love 18
2 hours ago, Anne Thrax said:

Can you imagine going to an affair in N.Y.C. and seeing your dress on someone else?  Hahaha.  She has thr nerve to wear someone’s designer dress?  Both Crooks.

Edited by Silver Bells
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

I find it absolute bullshit and trying to find a way to justify Dorinda’s ridiculous actions. Dorinda never stated one criticism of Scott or any concern for Tinsley she was just a mean and cruel asshat to her which makes no sense in that scenario.

There is no way that Dorinda wouldn’t weaponize that information not out of concern for Tinsley but because she is the sort of person who thinks it would make her look weak.

55 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Scott being controlling would in no way push Dorinda to act the way she did towards Tinsly. You don’t make the person feel like a worthless piece of shit and basically tell them they are nothing like the dirt on your shoes because they are dating someone controlling.. 

I basically agree with both of these statements. I mean, I can absolutely believe that Scott is controlling.  Alternatively, I can also believe that he is maybe not particularly controlling in most aspects of their lives but really dislikes the show and the women on it, and so can be a little controlling when it comes to them. I can also believe that Scott just didn't like Dorinda and somehow let that be known to her.

But none of that justifies the behavior of Dorinda - who is clearly incredibly controlling herself - towards Tinsley. If she was truly concerned about Scott being too controlling of Tinsley, the appropriate way to address it is to not humiliate, belittle, or be abusive towards the person about which you are ostensibly concerned.

I think that there are some who are looking for rational reasons for Dorinda's behavior and there really aren't any. She just that much of a monstrous person. 

• Love 12

Re:  Scott being controlling, a jerk, etc.  No, this isn't an excuse for Dorinda to be an a-hole to Tinsley.  Quite the opposite, actually:  if Dorinda knew things about Scott, or felt Tinsley was going down a bad path, the better thing to do would have been to pull Tinsley aside privately and offer friendship and support.  

Edited by Starlight925
  • Useful 1
  • Love 13
23 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Interesting that Bravo would worry about Tinsley's safety after Dorinda's rant.  I mean Dorinda is a fiftysomething year old drunk, maybe Bravo knows something I don't.

Dorinda is what, 55?   Tinsley isn't some sweet young girl - she's  a 45 year old woman.   Dorinda's rage was clearly out of control in the clip of her on the phone to John.   I don't think it was that big of leap to fear she could get violent.  

• Love 15