Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E09: There's Something About Harry

• Start Topic

Carole looked great.  The peplum really made her look like she had a great ass.  Hair, make-up, spot on.  She was a little wobbly on the stilettos, though.

However, nobody is addressing the (white) elephant in the room which would be Heather and her dress.  That was a HOLLAtta Horrible.  Didn't think she could do worse than the gold mess she wore last week.  But Heather, as competitive as she is, beat herself at her own ugly dress game this week.  Good job, mama.

• Love 20

What I don't get is that the supposed reason Luann was demoted was because she lied about her relationship with jacques.  however, we saw that brief scene of the two bickering last week, and then Luann admitting they were taking a break this week.  I'm almost convinced that Luann didn't want to show the destruction of their relationship on screen thus she got demoted.  She certainly has had more screen time then Aviva this season.

I don't know who started the rumor about LuAnn's demotion being related to her break up with Jaques. It never made any sense. These are night-time soaps. Why would the producers penalize her for that? On the contrary, they play that stuff up and dramatize it. And it's not like LuAnn refused to film with him or talk about him and/or the break up. It was only about money and contract stuff. Like it always is.

• Love 3

Sonya and Ramona continue to be the worst. Ramona, Heather and Luann were not trying to put on a concert. They were singing a drunken, silly song for Carole, which she loved. That's what friends do at fun birthday parties. Stop trying to make it a thing. And Sonya, I agree 100% with Luann that you had some gall making her breakup all about you, and how she was not a good friend to you. Sonya does not know how to be a friend, that is obvious. Sonya only cares about having a good time and Sonya. It's why she and Ramone HAVE stayed friends over all these years. They are the same person,

And at this point, I don't really care what went down between Luann and Bravo. Luann is clearly a "housewife", much more than Aviva. Sucks for her that she did something to lose some money, but it doesn't change the fact that she's been WAY more part of this show than Aviva.

Ramona makes me want to paraphrase this quote from Warren Beatty in Truth or Dare. He's saying it about Madonna and her need to be an attention whore. With Ramona, what's the point of doing something if it isn't around somebody famous. She can't vacation anywhere if there aren't famous people around. What's the point of having a song sung to you if it isn't by someone famous? I question if she has any real friendships.

Sonja isn't a real friend. That she could take Luann's pain and make it all about herself shows what a reprehensible narcissist she is. It's making me wonder just how callous her brush-off to old man Morgan was during his health scare.

That therapy session was brutal because Josh just refused to acknowledge that Kristen had any valid resentments. I wish she would divorce the douche.

• Love 3

Harry should have sprung for some True Faith jewelry.  That was almost bubblegum machine looking.

Sonja wasting money on mystics.  Dark haired devil and her first guess is Carole.  2nd guess is LuAnn followed by Heather.  Heather is considered to be a brunette?

Just hanging in waiting for the lonesome leg.

• Love 2
But he looked like a cute little grandpa. Not a GILTF

Not sure Harry would luv being seen as a grandpa, but he does look pretty haggard.  C'mon now, Sonja can't possibly consider him as a potential anything, right?  Well, this is Sonja & she does live in her own deluded world . . .

But he looked like a cute little grandpa. Not a GILTF

He looked like a creepy, wild-eyed, greasy Cheshire cat IMO.

I loved the party theme. Points to Carole for wanting that!

Avery's going to school in Atlanta? Cool. Didn't Jill's daughter also go south for college?

• Love 1
(edited)

The theme was Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil so Heather's white dress was supposed to represent Good. She must have known that Carole would be wearing that red dress. She should have made it a black-and-white party - but it was pretty cool the way it worked out.

Laid-back Carole? Where was she when Frantic Carole was rushing around micro-managing.

Harry is completely sexless. His kisses are not the ones a "girl" dreams of. What is Sonja getting herself into?

Jill's daughter went north - to Sarah Lawrence, but she may have transferred to Vanderbilt in Tennessee. We did see Jill taking the train up to Bronxville to see Ally at school.

Edited by CousinAmy
(edited)

OK, so Aviva (in her latest Bravo blog) pretty much acknowledges she knows she's gonna get fired from the show & her days there are almost over.  She's behaved on the show like a horrible, nasty, screaming maniac.  So if she really is involved with worthwhile causes for amputees, that's very nice.  But she's still a vile person & I don't wanna watch or know or hear anything about her.

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-6/blogs/aviva-drescher/why-aviva-does-what-she-does

I don't get the title of her blog (is there a typo or some sort of error underneath the title?) -- cuz any nonsense she refers to, is only nonsense she created herself.  Whatever.  Be gone, you awful shrew.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 1

OK, so Aviva (in her latest Bravo blog) pretty much acknowledges she knows she's gonna get fired from the show & her days there are almost over.  She's behaved on the show like a horrible, nasty, screaming maniac.  So if she really is involved with worthwhile causes for amputees, that's very nice.  But she's still a vile person & I don't wanna watch or know or hear anything about her.

If Aviva really cared about setting a good example, then she would have, well, set a good example. Instead she acted like a spoiled, entitled, neurotic shrew during her entire tenure, and hoisted the even more disgusting George on us. She is who she is, and I'm glad her flying leg will be the last we see of her. Talk about a lasting impression.

Sonja take note: that's how you throw a party!

I thought the same thing! Sonja brags about how successful her Sonja in the City business is, but of course it's only successful in her delusional mind. I doubt she's organized a single event, or even if the company exists. Heather, on the other hand, has real business cred. She walks the talk.

• Love 3
(edited)

Well, I'll be a geek and say I'm raising the roof to see some leg throwing!  Woot woot! 

Someone here said that during that scene, Aviva is working her leg off.  Takes a little time.  Then she chucks it.   Who picks it up?  What lucky waiter picks it up and wipes it off and delivers it back to Aviva?  We should try to guess.  Whathisnamehusband?  I'm guessing Carole. 

I bet Mario finds it sexy.  Mario would find Lab27 sexy after he gets out of the Pacific Ocean and shakes.  Mario's stares and looks are creepy...not as creepy as poopypiggyGeorge, but still creepy. 

Edited by Lablover27
  • Love 3

There are a lot of weird things that happen on this show, but I'm absolutely vexed why Carol wanted a "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil" themed birthday party.  I read the book, saw the movie...almost 20 years ago.  What's her connection to Savannah, GA?

(edited)

There are a lot of weird things that happen on this show, but I'm absolutely vexed why Carol wanted a "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil" themed birthday party.  I read the book, saw the movie...almost 20 years ago.  What's her connection to Savannah, GA?

Attention?

The attention she almost didn't get walking into her party.  If she weren't wearing red, no one would have stopped gossiping and drinking to notice?  Don't know.  Sonja's garden is Good and Evil?

Harry reminds me of the old Jack Nicholson.  Someone is going to have stay with him and wipe his chin soon.

Edited by Lablover27
  • Love 2

Someone here said that during that scene, Aviva is working her leg off.  Takes a little time.  Then she chucks it.   Who picks it up?  What lucky waiter picks it up and wipes it off and delivers it back to Aviva?  We should try to guess.  Whathisnamehusband?  I'm guessing Carole. 

I bet Mario finds it sexy.  Mario would find Lab27 sexy after he gets out of the Pacific Ocean and shakes. 

You crack me up! My guess is Reid, the lapdog whatshisnamehusband.

• Love 1

LuAnn is very blunt in her blog. And Harry borrowed the ring to give Sonja? 

"I know both Harry and Sonja pretty well. I think they are cute together, but definitely not good for each other. They are both good friends, not lovers! That was over ages ago and everyone knows that, since Sonja and Harry both see other people all the time. I think he borrowed that ring from Ramona? A man who is serious about a woman doesn't borrow a ring or leave his girl at a party!" 

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-6/blogs/luann-de-lesseps/sonja-and-harry-arent-good-for-?page=0,0

• Love 1

The theme was Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil so Heather's white dress was supposed to represent Good. She must have known that Carole would be wearing that red dress. She should have made it a black-and-white party - but it was pretty cool the way it worked out.

Sonja put the ring in her bag because it was a cheap piece of costume jewelry. Funny she was wearing a white lace dress ala wedding dress.

According to Heather's blog on Bravo everyone was instructed to wear either black or white, so it kind of was a "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil"-themed black and white party.  However, everyone ending up wearing black except Heather, Sonja, and Heather's husband Jonathan (who had on a custom-made 1/2 black-1/2 white suit)....oh, and also, obviously Carole (who was in red).

Carole looked amazing. Exactly the way a gal should look when the event is all about her, and the party was beautiful. 

Like someone said up thread, I love Carole and Heather's friendship. They clearly love each other and both of them want the best for the other. I love the way they are constantly rooting for each other. I cannot remember another HW friendship that seems so real and so caring. Each can joke about the other one in a way that never comes across as mean-spirited, but loving. I hope they leave the show before Bravo asks them to do anything dramatic that makes it look like something it isn't. I never saw this in the friendship with Sonja and Ramona - never. To me they have always seemed like gals who like to party and have a good time, and bond over the fact that they both like to make others feels small.  As someone else said, they are friends because they are the same horrible person. 

• Love 11

Ramona and her college-bound daughter -- I'm showing my age but it bugged me that Ramona's talking about all the fun she'll have, and nothing about getting an education.  On the other hand, the girl doesn't seem all that bright (like her mom), so four years of good times might be the goal.

Since Avery is attending Emory University I'd say she's extremely bright, and probably has very high test scores as well.  Emory wouldn't accept any other type of student.

• Love 1

I loved the party theme. It was weird and eclectic. I also love Carole and Heather's friendship. It's the first pair or howives in any franchise that I can remember who came into the series not knowing each other and became bffs. I think Ramona and Sonja knew each other before the show, as did Jill and Bethanny and look what happened there. 

Aviva doesn't seem like part of the show any more. I wonder whose decision (her or the others or mutual agreement)that was to exclude her from filming most of the season. THey can't possibly bring Viv's back next season. What would she do?

• Love 1
(edited)

I found it odd that Kristen and Josh seemed to lack understanding of the human reproductive process and the role of contraception. Did Kristen model for Hobby Lobby? Did Josh not wear a condom because Kristen's vagina needs to understand the entrepreneurial spirit of his penis? Weird.

I was so disgusted with Josh when Kristen said she didn't think Josh loved her (he doesn't, btw, IMO). I would think most people would be taken aback by an admission like that...but he had no empathy whatsoever. Same with the things that aren't meaningful comment. He had no understanding that he doesn't get to dictate what parts of the human experience have meaning. I felt like the whole time he was trying to relate to the therapist like he'd understand the woes of living with a silly, stupid woman.

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 10

Carole killed it in her red ensemble. I find her cute usually but there, she was gorgeous !

Harry and Sonja, ridiculous storyline, yet another scam. I gagged. And why the frak should LuAnn tell Sonja she broke up with Jacques (good riddance by the way) with all that she had to swallow ? I love how LuAnn handled it. And even if Harry disgusts me, it would be a blast if LuAnn "went home" with him. I still hope she didn't.

Really glad this beautiful event didn't turn as one of the usual RH crap fest. Not that Sonja and Ramona didn't try to stir shit a little but nobody took the bait. That was the only surprise of this very calm (before the storm) episode !

• Love 4

I thought Carole was crazy with all of her party demands....but, minus the trapped butterflies, it looked like a really fun party! 

It made me really sad to see Luann so upset over Jacques. I've never really seen her lose her composure like that, she must have truly been heartbroken. Sonja has no place getting all offended that Luann hadn't told her yet. Luann hadn't told anyone yet! And Sonja has been nasty to her all season - with the man comments and potato ships - why would Luann confide in her? 

I'm probably evil, but I laughed my ass off when Harry gave Sonja some trinket and the promise of commitment, then ostensibly leaves the party with Luann. Maybe that will set her delusional ("my businesses exploded") ass straight. 

Kristen and Josh at therapy - Josh seemed so glazed over anytime Kristen spoke. When she stated she felt unloved by him, he did not seem to care. At. All. I did love the therapist pointing out that just because something seems small and trivial to Josh, that doesn't mean it's not meaningful to Kristen. Will it sink in? Doubtful. It was pretty depressing that Kristen left with this positive attitude and hope that Josh would change, because I don't see that happening at all. 

I have zero snark for Ramona and her sadness over Avery leaving. Everyone handles their children leaving the nest differently. I am the firstborn. My mom was proud and ready when I left home. Now my baby sister is getting married and moving out and my mom is a wreck over it. She will have no more children in the house and I know she will be lonely. So I can sympathize with Ramona, who obviously doesn't have some great companionship with Mario.

• Love 4

I think Josh is probably tired of hearing Kristen's constant complaints so he is numb to them. He is never going to change. That is who he is and he is a thoughtless jerk. She either needs to accept it and stop worrying about what he does or doesn't do enough o,f or leave. People don't change their basic personalities it just isn't going to happen. They may "try" harder for a while, but they almost always revert to their behaviors because that is their natural state.

I like the friendship between Carole and Heather, it feels genuine. I just don't like either Carole or Heather - they are too self indulgent but can only see it in others, namely Sonja and Ramona (also extremely self indulgent).  The scenes from next week make me cringe.  Carole must be hell to live with, since she can never seem to let anything go.

Kristen's crying drives me crazy - I think she behaves like the little girl Josh seems to want her to be so he can easily dismiss her.  I hope the post nuptial talk means there is no prenup and that Kristen has smart attorneys. I think her days as the wife of douchey Josh are numbered.

LuAnn, uh, Countess LuAnn, walking off with seemingly drunken Harry must make Jacques feel lucky to have gotten out of that relationship.  The guy suffered public humiliation after the St. Barth's scenes, and now she's walking off from a party with Harry?  Sonja did make the break up about her and failed to show LuAnn the attention she clearly wanted/needed, but HARRY?  LuAnn has hot messy mess written all over her. 

I thought the BH wives were the least likable.  RHONY tops that list for me, now.

• Love 1

Does anyone know the timeline with Mario's affair and filming? I thought when it happened there were reports that they were still filming and we would see some of it. But it looks like next week is the finale and nothing about what happens with Mario and Ramona.

I was kind of bummed we didn't see anything about Carol's book promotion tour. I'm sure doing this line of work she does interesting things and meets interesting people. Disappointed that Bravo picks people with unusual careers to be on this show, but shows so little of it.

• Love 1

If Jonathan paid money to look like he did he should get a refund.  It was okay but cut all wrong.  He looks like a plug with the length of the jacket.  And maybe he thought the cut across the jacket made him look buff but all it did was make him look like he was trying to pull off his prom tux with unfortunate side effects.  That or he was getting ready to testify against the mob and the D.A. and police wanted to make sure he would survive any attempts at a hit and made him wear three layers of kevlar.

Still wasn't as bad as Mario vainly sauntering in with his tie deliberately undone and askew.  Like he was some iconic hearthrob.  Gawd he is foul.  Especially as he then tied it when the toasts were made.

My problem with the bit with Luann and Heather was that it seemed clear the guests were not on the same page.  As in there was no effort to jell these people into an event.  I swear half of them had no idea who they were there for let alone why.  Editing can be tricky but still it seemed clear that some were outright perturbed or at least baffled why the free drinks and food came with an unannounced floor show.  And an ear bleeding one at that.

Kristen's horrible acting reaction shots to everything Heather was trying to sell as hee-fucking-larry-US were actually funny in and of themselves.  Kristen does not do things by half that is for sure.  She was so over the top I thought she was a contestant on Food Nework's Next Star show.

So now we know what really happened with the toaster oven thing.  It exploded. 

Luann might have been sad about Jacques but she also looked really pissed she had to fess up on the cameras about it.  She knew Sonja and Ramona were going after that.  If only Luann knew what Baby Jesus and a skank with an agenda vis-a-vis Mario's wandering prick were about to hand her.   I wonder if the reason the show used the Jacques thing as an excuse is because they had to make her address it on camera.  And well past the point the two had actually parted (Mario made some smarmy dig about the timing it seemed in regards to the 'haven't seen him" commentary -- as if Mario cares a fig about Jacques being around or even likely notices him unless it was script related).  Plus I wonder how much of the actual dissolution of their relationship Luann refused to let play out for the cameras.  Leaving the show with one tense scene taking a picture to hint at the pending demise.

Whoever does Sonja's makeup for these events does so with a heavy hand.  But also a very deft and even one.  She looks "over made" in some regards but considering the work she has had done and the amount of hate natural light has for her ass, she still can pull out a good look for Sonja. 

I will say this for Harry.  His presence keeps Sonja's man hungry vagina off stage as a supporting cast member.  Without him we would have had her rubbing against some waiter or trading weak creepy little innuendos with Mario.  Or both.

I loved how somehow the Tarot card reader was "right" about Ramona going off the rails.  Seems like Ramona has been consistently keeping on her usual tracks of the Ramona Obnoxious Loud and Entitled Express.  And anyone could easily predict that Ramona would take offense at something if they knew her all of five minutes from the show.  This is twice Sonja has relied on the Masters of the Obvious that pretty much everyone who watches the show could parse the same conclusions in regards to the other cast mates and uses it as incredible limited access gospel.  And did we hear any rational as to why such a reading was held in a loud busy bistro/bar?  By not having the reading at her house or at his supposed place of business did Sonja make the show pay entirely for his appearance.  She really seems to be on the edge of stealing sugar packs and toilet paper from these venues.  What a joke.  "My businesses have exploded".  Yeah like diarrhea does from one's ass after a foolish mix of Mexican and Thai cuisine and shots of dark rum.

• Love 4

Heather needs a stylist.  She has so many connections in the fashion world and yet she still manages to choose unflattering clothes for herself.  That white dress was not good.  Unless she wanted to look heavier and accent her hips, that skirt did her no favors.  I don't think that dress would look good on anyone.  Maybe if the top part continued to hug the body like a sheath or even flair a bit  like an a-line?? That mini-hoop skirt effect is just a big NO.

On a positive note, Heather did a great job with the party.  Carole got everything she wanted (minus the snake handler and some dying butterflies).  It looked like a good time.

I don't get Harry. At all.  First, aside from money, I don't think he's attractive.  He must be crazy talented between the sheets (or he flashes his bank statements) to keep finding women to sleep with him. Second, I don't understand his actions at the party. If he wants to move forward w/ Sonja and starts talking dogs & next steps...why would he leave with LuAnn minutes after giving Sonja the ring from his Cracker Jack box? 

Bye Aviva.  I hope you continue to do your charity work and help other amputees. You seem to enjoy it and you handle those interactions like a normal gracious person. Your husband is successful & supportive. Your kids are lovely and you are probably a great mom. You have many things to be proud of and thankful for (your gross dad is not among them). However, I don't think you should be on TV anymore.  Quite frankly, it brings out (amplifies?) the crazy. Because I consider myself a well-wisher, I wish you, your family, your leg and your inhaler long and happy lives together. I'm just sorry I couldn't fit all  this on a banner.

• Love 21
(edited)

Heather addressing Carole on the phone as "Mama".  Carol is neither a mother nor Heather's mother so why is she doing that?

That's 'coz she gangsta...

Or at least she thinks she's gangsta.

Edited to add that it's also possible she's misheard the Yiddish word 'mammele' which is a term of endearment.  

Edited by quaintirene
  • Love 2
(edited)

I don't think that dress would look good on anyone.

Sure it would. The fit and flare looks great on hourglass figures, people with tiny waists. Heather is too straight n the waist for the dress plus, the fabric wasn't right. The shape however is very in and flatters many.

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/eliza-j-dot-print-jersey-fit-flare-dress-regular-petite/3687242?origin=keywordsearch-personalizedsort&contextualcategoryid=2375500&fashionColor=&resultback=2547&cm_sp=personalizedsort-_-searchresults-_-1_7_A

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/eliza-j-belted-lace-fit-flare-dress/3762469?origin=keywordsearch-personalizedsort&contextualcategoryid=2375500&fashionColor=&resultback=0&cm_sp=personalizedsort-_-searchresults-_-1_1_A

Edited by psychnurse
(edited)

I have always loved Carole, but she lost me last night. Her party demands? Completely insane and ridiculous. I felt terrible for Heather's assistants. I'm an assistant, and the thing we hate most? Coordinating stupid personal events for our BOSSES' FRIENDS. Total and complete bullshit. The looks on the assistant's faces said it all. I'm betting Heather did not do much herself for this party.

Edited by babykin
I have zero snark for Ramona and her sadness over Avery leaving. Everyone handles their children leaving the nest differently.

Agreed. When my daughter left for college, I cried all the way home. I knew that our relationship wouldn't be the same. After a few days, I got used to it and life went on. I'm sure Ramona was fine after a while. It's nice to see that while she was close to Avery, she doesn't seem to be all helicopterish with her. I am on the faculty of a university and you would not believe how involved some parents try to be. It's insane. The first semester is tough on both parents and kids. No snark for Ramona from me. 

• Love 8

I am flabbergasted at how any woman could find Harry remotely attractive.

When the prospects are getting fewer and fewer...I hear it from my friends that are older than me, single (fun, beautiful, confident women mind you), that finding a man their age is difficult because the men want younger women.  Harry does not even compliment Sonja unless she fishes, leaves with Luanne after the shpeil about the ring and moving to the next step...Sonja should be remembering why he was an ex all those many years ago but desperation is playing a big part in this.

(edited)

Keeping track of Mario's various and frequent infidelities is almost like having another kid (or something).  Isn't it?  God, and Heather calling everyone "Mama" - just stop.  I hate when people do that.  Heather addressing Carole on the phone as "Mama".  Carol is neither a mother nor Heather's mother so why is she doing that?

My former SIL and her partner used to address my 2 year old as "Mama".  It was so confusing to my baby.  Every time they'd say "Hi, Mama!  How're ya doin'?" my daughter would immediate look at me.  Why do people call (especially small kids) Mama?  I just never understood that slang term.

Because it's fun? Because it's a marker of closeness in certain kinds of friendships? One of my friends calls me "Mama," and I'm not a mother. My cousin will call her almost three year old daughter "Mommy" (or "Mami." However you want to spell it) from time to time (as in "All right, Mommy. Let's go.").

Anyway. I really can't abide Josh. He's just so...ugh! Kristen gets dinged for calling Josh a good provider, but he's not dinged for saying that he likes that she puts their kids first? Shouldn't he do that as well? Put his family first, too?

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 4

That's 'coz she gangsta...

Or at least she thinks she's gangsta.

Edited to add that it's also possible she's misheard the Yiddish word 'mammele' which is a term of endearment.  

Hi, well, Coolio called.  He watched last night's episode and said he wants his "Gangster's Paradise" back.  He thought the themed party was overplayed.

• Love 2

Mario's stares and looks are creepy...not as creepy as poopypiggyGeorge, but still creepy. 

I agree.  Mario is 25 years away from being George.  This is partly why I don't find the vitriol here for Ramona as harsh as it is for Aviva.

Ramona is every bit as vile, mean, over-talking, over-bearing (dare I say moreso) than Aviva has been, imo.  Aviva gets taken to task for her father's lewd behavior.  We're angry at her (amongst other reasons) for merely rolling her eyes at him and not somehow putting a stop to it. 

Yet Mario is a leering, creepy, philandering, lying, cheating lech that Ramona bats her eyes at and thinks he's the sexiest thing to ever NOT sing a song about her. Ramona's father was also an abuser who encouraged her brother's drug dealing.  Whom, I might add, ended up going to prison for selling coke.  Her family tree seems more despicable to me than Aviva's.

Don't get me wrong.  I think Aviva is awful.  But why is Ramona tolerated, while the majority are calling for Aviva's head?  Is it because Aviva picked on the fan favorite, Carole?  Because she called Ramona and Sonja 'white trash' and said that Sonja was spiraling out of control? Doesn't the fact that she turned out right give her any cred?

At least Aviva has a passion for a great cause.  Ramona has a passion for booze. 

• Love 4
(edited)

I do kinda of love (Ok, not kinda. I just love love) that Carole didn't do the pretense bullshit by inviting Aviva to the birthday party. That shit is real life right there. Damn the cameras or storylines about expecting some sort of faux reconciliation at a milestone celebration. Carole doesn't like Aviva. Aviva was a shit about Carole's work, so there should be no expectation that Carole open her arms to that looney tunes.

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 6

Wow, it must be very slim pickins in NYC if Harry is so sought after. He is nothing but an aging, balding, drunk sleaze ball who has lived off of his trust fund his entire life. How does he manage to sleep with so many women?  I don't even see that he is charming in the least. He has no game. Why the hell would Ramona encourage Sonja to give that relationship a try? I don't get it at all. 

• Love 1
I have always loved Carole, but she lost me last night. Her party demands? Completely insane and ridiculous.

I took it as a joke. Heather took it as a joke. Heather was laughing as she was talking to Carole about the snake charmer. I don't feel bad about Heather's assistants. She hired an event planner. That's what they do for a living. Heather and Carole were not rude or demanding. When Heather told Carole that the city said no snake charmer, it wasn't like she stomped her feet and started screaming. When she brought in her manicurist, They both thought it was funny. 

• Love 7

Does anyone know the timeline with Mario's affair and filming? I thought when it happened there were reports that they were still filming and we would see some of it. But it looks like next week is the finale and nothing about what happens with Mario and Ramona.

I was kind of bummed we didn't see anything about Carol's book promotion tour. I'm sure doing this line of work she does interesting things and meets interesting people. Disappointed that Bravo picks people with unusual careers to be on this show, but shows so little of it.

The affair was probably coming to Ramona's attention around the time of Heather's hot weekend get-away and Ramona taking off to the Hamptons. I would have loved to see Carol's book tour in London. When her book first came out I bought a really cheap but new paperback from Amazon that was shipped from England. Interestingly it had different cover art.

• Love 2

I think either of those dresses linked above *would* have looked nice on Heather.  But the one she chose to wear?  Neaux.  That was just unflattering and took away from what a great body she has.  The sequined number she wore last week did the same thing, unfortunately.   So YES, she would definitely benefit from a stylist!

On the other hand, I think Sonja looked very pretty, and for once, was dressed appropriately!  Carol looked great too.

I have never read Midnight in the Garden of Good/Evil, nor seen the movie but now I am intrigued.  That party looked AMAZING.  If I have unlimited funds when I turn 50, hell, I might totally copy that idea! And I have no affiliation to Georgia either.  I just think it's cool.

As far as Ramona's reaction to Avery leaving.... I felt for her, but also wanted to pull a Cher and slap her and tell her "snap out of it."    I was an only child and I was VERY close to my mom... and I know it was probably very upsetting for her when I went away to school. But you know what? She held it together and was positive and upbeat throughout the entire process--at least in front of me!  But of course, Ramona couldn't do that, and made it all about HER instead.  Selfish cow.

(as an aside, guess WHO was the one sobbing hysterically when my parents left me in the lobby of my dorm?  Uh.... that would have been me.  And only me.  Of course, then I met friends and boys and.... proceeded to have the BEST 4 years of my life) 

• Love 1
(edited)

I think Josh is probably tired of hearing Kristen's constant complaints so he is numb to them. He is never going to change. That is who he is and he is a thoughtless jerk. She either needs to accept it and stop worrying about what he does or doesn't do enough o,f or leave. People don't change their basic personalities it just isn't going to happen. They may "try" harder for a while, but they almost always revert to their behaviors because that is their natural state.

I agree.  The first time Josh doesn't preface an incoming business call with-"I love you very much," they will revert back to their old ways.  I have problems with Kristen always in  costume on this show.  I can see where Josh finds she gets involved in the trivial.  If they split I  think Kristen would be very bored if she didn't have Josh to complain about.  Josh on the other hand would just stay involved in work.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 2

I loved Heather's toast to Carol.  Her email was too frigging funny.  Aerosmith??  I giggled like a school girl!

Sonja must of been paying for the lunch with Christian.  She's so cheap she couldn't even spring for a bottle of water?  But her businesses are exploding!  I wonder why Carole didn't use Sonja in the City to plan her party?  Oh, yeah - cause she wanted to have a fab party, which Heather supplied!!

• Love 1
(edited)
However, nobody is addressing the (white) elephant in the room which would be Heather and her dress.  That was a HOLLAtta Horrible.  Didn't think she could do worse than the gold mess she wore last week.  But Heather, as competitive as she is, beat herself at her own ugly dress game this week.  Good job, mama.

Oh God yes, that dress was terrible. Does this dress make her butt look big?  Hell, yes. It's got to be one of the fugliest dresses I've ever seen on any RH show (except for the She by Sheree collection, which was beyond words awful).

Harry holds no charm for me. But I agree with those upthread that the older you get, the slimmer the pickings. I'm 55 and divorced. Men my age want women under 35. But most divorced men are not in the same league as attractive, childfree, financially-independent 30+ women. These women run a mile at a divorced middle-aged man. Very few are going to throw away all they have to rescue a divorced man, quite possibly with big child support bills, baggage and "Saturday father" routines.They are no longer (as in the old days) the "on-the-shelf" fallback for other women's cast-offs. If they pair up - big "if" - it will be with solvent freewheeling architects and the like, That's another of the middle-aged divorced man's problems - the dullsville office job that they had to do to form a first family doesn't tempt such women (Opposite = offputting). Most men who like the idea of the "financially-solvent, childfree" life can't actually live it. But their delusional pursuit of such an unrealistic goal means that the 50+ divorced man discounts any woman over 45 and so is unlikely ever to meet a compatible partner in the pool in which he's fishing.

But if the man has money ... ah, how differently the younger woman of a certain type sees him then.

Edited by essexjan
  • Love 4

Lots of parents have a hard time seeing their kids off to college, but I have absolutely no sympathy for Ramona and her blubbering.  Maybe if she kept her big mouth shut about others’ relationships and misfortunes, as if she had the perfect marriage, I might cut her some slack.  However, her lack of filter and her incessant rude needling of others has me enjoying the fact that Mario has been getting a piece (or pieces) on the side.  Maybe with Avery gone, she’ll be so busy trying to keep track of Mario that she’ll curtail her mean girl antics against some of the other ladies.

I love Carole and Heather’s friendship.  They have so much fun together and have no problem laughing at themselves.  Luann also fits in well with them.  When they get caught up in drama is when one of the trouble makers (Ramona, Sonja and Aviva) start their shit stirring.  Of course you need the drama to keep the show interesting, but I really enjoy the interaction between Carole, Heather and Luann when the others aren’t around; they actually act like grown women enjoying each others’ company.

Luann leaving with Harry had me snickering.  They’ve known each other for years and I’m sure they probably went somewhere quiet for a drink, and Luann filled him in on her recent breakup.  I don’t think she has any interest in him, but the fact that it may have made Sonja’s head explode (like her businesses-ha!) made it all the more fun.  After all of Sonja’s snide remarks to and about Luann; ie, pumpkin head, LuMan, potato shipgate, etc., she’s getting a little taste of her own medicine.  Go, Luann!

• Love 8

Because it's fun? Because it's a marker of closeness in certain kinds of friendships? One of my friends calls me "Mama," and I'm not a mother. My cousin will call her almost three year old daughter "Mommy" (or "Mami." However you want to spell it) from time to time (as in "All right, Mommy. Let's go.").

Exactly.

What is the big deal? Why do people get all weird with friends calling each other by nicknames.

• Love 6

Why does Harry always sound drunk?

Because he is being forced into a fake storyline that requires he hang around Sonja? Oh, and the one time it appears he actually tried to settle down he did it with that lunatic Aviva?

Staying drunk may well be his key to survival   

• Love 3

I have never read Midnight in the Garden of Good/Evil, nor seen the movie but now I am intrigued.  That party looked AMAZING.  If I have unlimited funds when I turn 50, hell, I might totally copy that idea! And I have no affiliation to Georgia either.  I just think it's cool.

@Duke2801 ~ MitGoG&E is/was one of my favorite book & movie combos. I liked them both and probably because of city's backdrop with and its unique residents and environment being as strong as the main story much like NYC was considered the fifth character in Sex and the City. Carole was going for that quirky unique feel and I thought it was a great party theme.

• Love 3