Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E09: There's Something About Harry

• Start Topic

Something I was glad to see - Avery has the nose she was born with. It's a bit fat and a bit bumpy, but, unlike a lot of teenagers, she seems happy in herself and hasn't felt the need to get it fixed.

• Love 1
Don't get me wrong.  I think Aviva is awful.  But why is Ramona tolerated, while the majority are calling for Aviva's head?  Is it because Aviva picked on the fan favorite, Carole?  Because she called Ramona and Sonja 'white trash' and said that Sonja was spiraling out of control? Doesn't the fact that she turned out right give her any cred?

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.  Both Veevs & the Moaner are horrible women.  OK, maybe somewhat different levels of awful -- but sill, both are quite awful.  Well, Veevs hasn't just picked on Carole, she's pretty much attacked everyone & to a much, much nastier & crazier extent than the Moaner.  Altho, everyone did seem to forget pretty quickly that she tossed a glass at Kristen, haven't they?  Maybe Veevs just crossed the line into crazytown & the father didn't help much either.  Hard as it is to believe, Moaner does have fans.  Veevs has none.  Maybe that's the biggest diff between 'em.

• Love 1

Sonja put the ring in her bag because it was a cheap piece of costume jewelry. Funny she was wearing a white lace dress ala wedding dress.

Mario was juggling for some cute young girl in the background.

That song Heather and Luanne sang gave me second hand embarrassment.

Why does Harry always sound drunk?

Because he is.

• Love 2

Because he is.

I was somewhat fixated on watching his eyes. He either couldn't or wouldn't look at either Sonja or LuAnn when they were talking. It made me feel a bit tipsy just to watch his glassy eyed inability to focus.

• Love 1

I like Ramona. IRL she would never be a friend. I have nothing at all in common with her but she is interesting to study. What makes someone so self unaware? Why does she not know what is okay to say and do? At the same time, she doesn't seem vicious to me more clueless than anything. I find Heather and Carole boring.

• Love 3

I like Ramona. IRL she would never be a friend. I have nothing at all in common with her but she is interesting to study. What makes someone so self unaware? Why does she not know what is okay to say and do? At the same time, she doesn't seem vicious to me more clueless than anything. I find Heather and Carole boring.

I find Ramona incredibly vicious. She doesn't just say random cruel things, she hits people where it hurts. She know what will do the most damage and goes there. Clueless is not a word I would use on Ramona. Sure she acts clueless after she verbally attacks a person.  She knows what she is saying but I guess if she then awkwardly apologizes and says she was wrong it's all  fine .Till the next time she feels slighted by the person.

• Love 10

I have never read Midnight in the Garden of Good/Evil, nor seen the movie but now I am intrigued.  That party looked AMAZING.  If I have unlimited funds when I turn 50, hell, I might totally copy that idea! And I have no affiliation to Georgia either.  I just think it's cool.

The book was an amazing read and the movie, while enjoyable, paled in comparison, at least in my opinion, as movie adaptations tend to do.

I have always loved Carole, but she lost me last night. Her party demands? Completely insane and ridiculous. I felt terrible for Heather's assistants. I'm an assistant, and the thing we hate most? Coordinating stupid personal events for our BOSSES' FRIENDS. Total and complete bullshit. The looks on the assistant's faces said it all. I'm betting Heather did not do much herself for this party.

I think the extravagance of the 50th birthday bash was all a big lark. I don't think Carole would have celebrated her birthday in such an OTT fashion, had Bravo not been paying for it. And I say, good for Carole! I'm tired of the rest of these raggedy housewives renewing their vows every 10 seconds or throwing lavish baby showers for their third, fourth, and fifth children.

Carole is unlikely to re-marry while she's a cast member on this show. So why not throw herself an awesome birthday bash? I loved it. And she looked radiant.

I'm sure Heather's peons were happy to be on TV. They were probably paid actors.

• Love 7
I find Ramona incredibly vicious. She doesn't just say random cruel things, she hits people where it hurts. She know what will do the most damage and goes there. Clueless is not a word I would use on Ramona. Sure she acts clueless after she verbally attacks a person.  She knows what she is saying but I guess if she then awkwardly apologizes and says she was wrong it's all  fine .Till the next time she feels slighted by the person.

I agree. I used to think she just had no filter and really meant no offense, but had a hard time expressing herself. But lately I'm beginning to believe I've been mistaken. She does just always seem to know what buttons to push, and the glee on her face when she was razzing Luann about not being able to sing without Autotune? Yea, I think she is intentional, loves it, and then acts all innocent after - "oh, that offended you? I had no idea". Not buying it.

• Love 7

Ramona is the nastiest of the nasty.  Horrible person all around.  Even her super fake meltdown over the daughter leaving was all about Ramona Ramona Ramona.  

I get the feeling that Josh thinks he has Kristen over a barrel.  Her modeling career on the ropes, two young children, tendency to get caught up in details and get frozen by it all.  He figures where is she going to go?  What she sees in him I do not know. 

Carole has really turned into just another entitled manicure loving BS spewing housewife.  Sad.  Hope her payday has made it worthwhile. Another dumb ass party. 

Harry and Sonja?  What a couple of performances on the part of these two. 

• Love 3

This episode was basically a snoozefest until Luann said to Harry the UES version of "Soooooooo..... I'm bored. Y'wanna fuck?" 

Watch out, Heather. Luann is the real gangsta here.

Girrrrrrrl.  Lol!  Andplusalso?  She said as much - in next week's preview.  I don't know who she was talking to but Countess was all:  baby, trust me you don't want no parts of this.    I. DIED. and came back 3 days later.

Lots of parents have a hard time seeing their kids off to college, but I have absolutely no sympathy for Ramona and her blubbering.  Maybe if she kept her big mouth shut about others’ relationships and misfortunes, as if she had the perfect marriage, I might cut her some slack.  However, her lack of filter and her incessant rude needling of others has me enjoying the fact that Mario has been getting a piece (or pieces) on the side.  Maybe with Avery gone, she’ll be so busy trying to keep track of Mario that she’ll curtail her mean girl antics against some of the other ladies.

I love Carole and Heather’s friendship.  They have so much fun together and have no problem laughing at themselves.  Luann also fits in well with them.  When they get caught up in drama is when one of the trouble makers (Ramona, Sonja and Aviva) start their shit stirring.  Of course you need the drama to keep the show interesting, but I really enjoy the interaction between Carole, Heather and Luann when the others aren’t around; they actually act like grown women enjoying each others’ company.

Luann leaving with Harry had me snickering.  They’ve known each other for years and I’m sure they probably went somewhere quiet for a drink, and Luann filled him in on her recent breakup.  I don’t think she has any interest in him, but the fact that it may have made Sonja’s head explode (like her businesses-ha!) made it all the more fun.  After all of Sonja’s snide remarks to and about Luann; ie, pumpkin head, LuMan, potato shipgate, etc., she’s getting a little taste of her own medicine.  Go, Luann!

Hello brain twin.   My cold black heart doesn't like but LOVES that she took one in the gut at Avery's departure.   It's sort of like when somebody close to Tony Soprano was killed and he had the nerve to get all sniffly.     Carole-Lu-Heather - I also love the combo.  It's nice to see grown women just enjoy and be able to be silly with each other without all the cattiness.   More besties before testes please BRAVO.

I agree. I used to think she just had no filter and really meant no offense, but had a hard time expressing herself. But lately I'm beginning to believe I've been mistaken. She does just always seem to know what buttons to push, and the glee on her face when she was razzing Luann about not being able to sing without Autotune? Yea, I think she is intentional, loves it, and then acts all innocent after - "oh, that offended you? I had no idea". Not buying it.

Furthermore, wrt to the above quote(s), if I had the chance, I'd uppercut the Moaner dead in between that spot in the middle of your eyebrows, then smile sweetly, apologize and blame it on my Tourette's and add a quick shoulder shrug if she didn't accept my bullshitty regrets.

• Love 5

I do find Ramona interesting and would have no idea what she would be like off camera.  She always seems as if she is thinking ahead instead of staying in the moment.  I agree-clueless is an apt description.  I find very little of interest in Carole or Heather.  They always seem to be promoting.  Nice party.  Carole seemed a little bitchy when she was delivered the news-no snake charmer.  I was at a loss why they couldn't just get some bottled water from the restaurant.   With Heather, Carole, assistants and a party planner it seemed like something that could be easily remedied.

• Love 1

Not a huge Carole fan, but I enjoyed her "party planning."  I think she and Heather are smart enough that they want to have what fun they can have with the show (especially if the bills go to the production company).  Generally, that means "bring the drama."  Well, they've had enough drama with Aviva and Ramona.  

On the other hand, the show also thrives on over the top behavior.  So the completely random scavenger hunt list of odd demands played off the whole "outrageously demanding socialite behaving obnoxiously" theme of these shows without actually being nasty and overwhelming to hired help.  She had the manicurist team come over because what's more obnoxious than that?  

So the show gets the spectacle, but for once it's just fun instead of cringe-inducing self-involvement.  My new favorite line is Heather's breezy "I don't know how snake handlers file their paperwork!"  No tension between them whatsoever -- they were enjoying the silliness.

• Love 5
So the show gets the spectacle, but for once it's just fun instead of cringe-inducing self-involvement.  My new favorite line is Heather's breezy "I don't know how snake handlers file their paperwork!"  No tension between them whatsoever -- they were enjoying the silliness.

Exactly. Carole was doing her best impression of Sonja. The way Carole laughed when she got off the phone with Heather, after demanding a snake, headless mannequins, caged butterflies, and a man walking an inivisible dog, told me that this was all just for giggles. I thought it was funny, as was hiring a coterie of manicurists.

• Love 3
(edited)

Heather and Luann.. autotune was made for you two.  For once, I agree with Ramona. :)

But they are not claiming to be great singers. I took it as they were having fun & doing something sweet for a friend. To me Ramona comes off as very jealous of Heather, Kristen, Carole & LuAnn's real friendships. She only has Sonja & even Sonja gets along with them, Ramona appears to be jealous of other women, especially when they are all having fun & letting loose. She's in a marriage that is very rocky, her daughter is gone off to college & moving on & she's not a fan favorite anymore. Must be tough on her.

Edited by LoLo
  • Love 5
(edited)

Heather's dress was just fucking gawd awful. I know she was trying to dress for the theme and fun and she chose a dress that seemed "good" (angelic, sweet, bo beep like). But with that thick torso of hers, no tits, and the horizontal print and the fitted waist and full skirt, it couldn't have gotten any worse. She looked like one of those home made dolls used to cover spare toilet paper rolls. And what was up with the mini corn row hair braids she had? I can't take her know it all attitude and permanently scrunched up proboscus. Frankly, I think she dresses pretty bad most of the time. Some odd choices.

And her impromptu singing ? This episode and last week: KILL ME NOW.

She is way over confident for my taste and her real talents. .

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Love 1
(edited)

#1 I love Carole & Heather's real friendship. They can be silly & call each other out on things & not take it too serious. Ramona seems jealous of their friendship & their friendship with LuAnn. There's a difference with being friends for the show & being real friends. Heather & Carole are real friends.

#2 I thought Heather did a great job on the party. Being a fan of the book, I thought it came out just as I would imagine it. 

#3 I'm calling their bluff on the editing, I do not think Harry left with LuAnn. That's Bravo trying to start drama.

#4 I found it awkward the way Harry gave Sonja the ring, it wasn't in a box. It was weird.

#5 While Heather & LuAnn don't have great voices, I thought it was nice of them to sing to Carole & they didn't care how it looked. You do that for friends.

#6 Ramona's scenes with Avery leaving reminded me of Yolanda's GiGi leaving. I thought, "here we go again another episode on a kid leaving". 

#7 Since Ramona has zero compassion for others, it's hard for me to feel for her when she's in pain. It always looks fake.

#8 Aviva, who I can't stand, did a very nice thing in helping the bombing victim get a new leg.

#9 I wonder if the leg on the floor isn't Aviva making a point & throwing it there after being accused of having fake illnesses. I highly doubt it comes off in a fight.

Edited by LoLo
(edited)

I wonder if Marley would be invited to the dinners, drinks and vacations that Harry said the new little poodle would go to.  At first I thought it would be fun for Marley to have a companion in the house (since the poor thing is so neglected by Sonja) but it seems the new pup would have a much more active social life than Marley.  I have the same dog plus I was pretty bored with this episode, so I want to know what happened with the puppy idea.  Hopefully it was all for the cameras.  

Update:  Just went to her Instagram page.  She did get the red poodle--she named it Rouge.  

Edited by Teddybear
  • Love 1
#3 I'm calling their bluff on the editing, I do not think Harry left with LuAnn. That's Bravo trying to start drama.

I suspect you may be right. That's why I wrote that Luann "ostensibly" left with Harry at the end. Something about the way it was cut made it look like producer shenanigans. But I would laugh my ass off if it were real. 

• Love 1

If having a "thick torso and no tits" means looking like this, in a bikini,, well bring on the A-cups!

Okay, you got a point. But I distinctly recall last year's St. Bath's trip with seeing Heather in cut off blue jeans and a halter top

combo that was down right scary. And to be less snarky, it was just bad awful for her body type. This from a woman that has an under the clothes foundation line. Bad advertising for Yumm Tumm Trying to Be Spanx.

I also think I can't take her personality any more. Not a fan.

"Holla, Mama, Lu, Radzee". Trying to hard to be cool. I wonder if she asks people to abbreviate their names and call them what she wants.

I find Aviva mean in a heavy way.  There is a definite weight to her voice when she starts in on someone like a large hammer.  Ramona is just batshit crazy.  I liked when Lu called her a cow.  Ramona just absorbed it.  Can you imagine if someone called Veevs a cow to her face?   

• Love 2

Mama is a term of endearment that us NY'ers use for anyone no matter what age. It's just a sweet little thing not "gangster" whatever. Many people use it from all walks of life. I don't get the annoyance over it it's not that serious.

• Love 13

I don't see that at all. What verbal assault are you talking about? Tamara is vicious but not Ramona.

Mama is a term of endearment that us NY'ers use for anyone no matter what age. It's just a sweet little thing not "gangster" whatever. Many people use it from all walks of life. I don't get the annoyance over it it's not that serious.

Yep I have a couple of people in my life who call me mama and I was never and will never be an actual mom ;)

• Love 1
(edited)

She's horrible now. Until the 4th season, I found her hilarious because of the non filter thingy. Really. Her inappropriateness made me laugh more than I care to admit. Mostly, she was abrupt and kind of the greek chorus but harmless in the big scheme and she had a way of charming me back in when she went a little too far because she seemed to have the biggest heart sometimes and some "cheerleader" manners for lack of a better word.

Not so much anymore. Her snark reaks of cruelty. She wants to be annoying, she really wanted to humiliate LuAnn about her singing for example. If Heather wasn't so intelligent, she would have felt the humiliation of having your guest mocking your house and bringing an AMC for the latest.

First it was her personality in the group, Spice Self-Unaware if you will, then it evolved into her trademark when she saw people liked it.

Now she's milking it and I understand that she has to in a way to exist but it turned sour. I would like to blame her marital problems of course but even if they are an explanation -if somebody talks to her about how out of control nasty she was at the reunion I've no doubt she will play the "rough patch" card before attacking the culprit-, they are really not an excuse.

If that doesn't change (and if she still sticks with cheap Blanche Dubois), I hope they fire her but not until next season, to see if another housewife gives her a taste of her shitty medicine (they won't) now she has something so big for somebody to snark on. Or be cluelessly innapropriate with. 

Edited by Pollock

Not a huge Carole fan, but I enjoyed her "party planning."  I think she and Heather are smart enough that they want to have what fun they can have with the show (especially if the bills go to the production company).  Generally, that means "bring the drama."  Well, they've had enough drama with Aviva and Ramona.  

On the other hand, the show also thrives on over the top behavior.  So the completely random scavenger hunt list of odd demands played off the whole "outrageously demanding socialite behaving obnoxiously" theme of these shows without actually being nasty and overwhelming to hired help.  She had the manicurist team come over because what's more obnoxious than that?  

So the show gets the spectacle, but for once it's just fun instead of cringe-inducing self-involvement.  My new favorite line is Heather's breezy "I don't know how snake handlers file their paperwork!"  No tension between them whatsoever -- they were enjoying the silliness.

She had about 4 or 5 manicurists come over.  AND she wouldn't let Heather get hers done!  Completely hilarious.  I love those two!!

• Love 2
If Heather wasn't so intelligent, she would have felt the humiliation of having your guest mocking your house and bringing an AMC for the latest.

And I'm pretty sure Heather won't appreciate the crap Ramona said about Jonathan while they were in Montana. Jonathan is one of the classier husbands on these shows - he pretty much stays out of the drama and seems like a really nice guy, a good father and husband. But she had to make him look like a cowed little boy who just takes whatever Heather dishes out - and negatively compared him to the lecherous slug that is Mario.Like he's the paragon of manhood or something.  I get Ramona is going through a lot, but she needs to reign herself in. One lashing out at someone when you're hurting can be understood and probably forgiven. But she is just being as nasty bitch to almost everyone this season, over and over,  and there's no excuse for it. 

• Love 3
(edited)

I don't see that at all. What verbal assault are you talking about? Tamara is vicious but not Ramona.

Ramona has gone out her way to be rude and cruel to people. I think saying things that cut to the core of the person, just for the hell of it, is a verbal attack.

She told Lu "it must be terrible to be with a man who cheats on you left and right" Lu never talked about her husband cheating on her but Ramona new about it and wanted to hurt Lu .......( ironic huh?)

She basically told Lu that she was a bad mother.

She was horrid to Simon for being at an all girl dinner and asked Alex if Simon abused her.

Told Bethany she would ruin her relationship with her husband and would up alone.(true or not wtf says that to a person)

Threw a glass at Kristen then got in her face and screamed "who are you to get me wet?'

Any way, I find her vicious.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 7

If having a "thick torso and no tits" means looking like this, in a bikini,, well bring on the A-cups!

Thank you...she's natural & that's nice to see. Her body is toned & not full of silicone & fillers.

• Love 3

Does Bravo own the building with The Dog Store where Harry and Sonja went puppy shopping? Because I'm finally just now getting around to watching the 1st episode of RHONJ and they just showed Dina going to see her therapist which is apparently in the same building. Hmmm......

Does Bravo own the building with The Dog Store where Harry and Sonja went puppy shopping? Because I'm finally just now getting around to watching the 1st episode of RHONJ and they just showed Dina going to see her therapist which is apparently in the same building. Hmmm......

Maybe they paid to have their business on the show. I always found it strange that every time they go into a restaurant they have to zoom in on the name. After seeing the same place on different shows I would think they either get to film & eat their for free in exchange for putting the name on tv or the restaurant or store pays them for being on the show.

• Love 1

I think Ramona may have just written the lamest blog of all blogs.  Like, just don't bother if it's gonna be like that.

Carole's blog, on the other hand, is great.  She writes out the speech/toast she gave at her party that Bravo did not show.  Say what you will about the woman, but she's got a real gift with written prose 

• Love 3

Kudos to Heather for getting that party together, and for her crafty toast. Yeah, her dress was pretty bad in itself, but I thought it worked as a costume of sorts for the exaggerated theme of the party. That "song" was all kinds of wack, however. (I still want her on top of me and stuff, though.)

Have there been any scenes with just Heather and LuAnn together? Because I wonder when exactly they got so close. It was like LuAnn was holding on for dear life when Heather consoled her.

And c'mon, LuAnn couldn't have been all that broken up about her relationship ending, given how she was ready to go get her some (more) Harry.

Ramona's father was also an abuser who encouraged her brother's drug dealing.  Whom, I might add, ended up going to prison for selling coke. 

But why should/would Ramona be chastised for that? Her father and brother aren't on the show, whereas George is a side cast member with the full blessing of his daughter.

I do agree with an above poster that it seems like Carole and to a lesser extent, Heather are in on the joke that this show is totally scripted.  In a way, it's refreshing that at least a few of the housewives can laugh at themselves while putting on a spoof.. but in another way, it's sad that the show/franchise has become so scripted that it has become a parody of itself.

Compare this season of NY to the current season of OC playing out right now.  It seems like we have our matching couples going through marital problems (Josh/Kristen and David/Shannon), our foot in mouth housewife (Vicki and Ramona), our trashy housewife with no class (Sonja and Tamra), etc.  However, it seems like on the OC.. it is scripted yet there is enough reality mixed in to make it interesting this season.. while on this show, it seems like the producers interfered way too much to make it interesting and yet looks more staged/uninteresting then if the producers had let things happen organically.

Lastly, I did like the Carole birthday party with very little drama and it looked fun and with people attending that weren't part of the cast.  An actual party :)

I'd never thought about a Ramona/Aviva comparison before.  I wonder if Ramona just seems better by comparison- there's always been someone worse than her, imho- but I also find myself thinking that Aviva's just worse because her shit seems more calculated.  And it's usually tied to some claimed illness/phobia, which makes me roll my eyes. 

I didn't think Ramona was all that dramatic about her daughter leaving, it seemed like most of her weeping was in the interviews.  But I'm biased.  My mom cried when I went off to college, I didn't think it was selfish it was just her, and it didn't detract anything from my leaving it was just part of it.  So even if she was all dramatic around the kid...I don't think it's a big deal.

• Love 2

I have always loved Carole, but she lost me last night. Her party demands? Completely insane and ridiculous.

I felt the same way about her demands until I saw the end result.  I thought to myself, so that's what she was going for!  I haven't read the book, but looking at all of the cool stuff at the party, I'm intrigued!  She had to have all of those seemingly oddball components in order to make her vision work, IMO.  

Ramona has gone out her way to be rude and cruel to people. I think saying things that cut to the core of the person, just for the hell of it, is a verbal attack.

She told Lu "it must be terrible to be with a man who cheats on you left and right" Lu never talked about her husband cheating on her but Ramona new about it and wanted to hurt Lu .......( ironic huh?)

She was horrid to Simon for being at an all girl dinner and asked Alex if Simon abused her.

Told Bethany she would ruin her relationship with her husband and would up alone.(true or not wtf says that to a person)

Threw a glass at Kristen then got in her face and screamed "who are you to get me wet?'

Yeah, I agree with you absolutely.

When the show first started, I thought Ramona's over-the-top reaction to Simon being at the "girls night" dinner at Jill's was just eccentric behavior.  I mean, don't get me wrong, I TOTALLY was on Ramona's side and I'd have been totally pissed off, too, had I not brought my husband along, was all set for a girls night with dinner, drinks, and chit chat, and then have one of the women come dragging their husbands along.  She had said in an earlier shot when she arrived home that it was raining outside, she was soaked and didn't feel well, but would go to be a good sport.  So, yeah, I totally got where she was coming from and why she was upset.

It was the way she handled it that really threw me.  I mean, yeah, I'd have been pissed too, but I'll be damned if I would have made a batshit crazy spectacle of myself over it.

Since then, I've watched as season by season Ramona becomes a bit more vicious.  And it was hard to top what she told Bethenny on that infamous bridge walk.  Was she right?  Yeah, pretty much.  But damn, woman...Diplomacy and discretion are good qualities to have.  You don't always have to use a sledgehammer to deliver a message.

I think Ramona has a lot of fans who encourage her bad behavior and kiss her Pinot-filled ass all over social media.  I think the longer the show goes on, the more disinhibited she becomes.  It's as if she's convinced herself whatever the hell she feels like saying should be found humorous and just "Ramona being Ramona."

Fuck that shit.  I wouldn't hang around this woman in real life for all of the money in the world.  No, no thank you.  She makes my mother look normal by comparison, and trust me when I say that's not a good thing.  Yikes.

When she was tormenting Luann at Mario's big singing event, as she hurled an insult towards Luann and then immediately whipped around giggling at her "joke" with her friends at her table, I honestly just wanted to throw a drink in her face myself.  She acted like a middle-school mean girl who had just made some poor overweight kid cry in the bathroom or something equally appalling.  

I really think they need to get her off of this show.  At this point, she's creating a toxic environment wherever she goes and, let's face it.  Ramona has more important things to do with her time.

Like figuring out where and with whom Mario's playing hide the sausage.  I have a feeling that's going to be a full-time job.  

• Love 5

I think Ramona began to go off the rails when the term Ramonaisms was termed and everyone thought they were cute. After that, she thought she had free reign.

They were cute then because she said stuff by mistake. Like, "Kudooz for us". I can't remember any more right now nor who coined the term. Was it Bethenny? 

All those things she said, I was thinking. That's why she is fascinating. I would think them but never say them. The thing with Bethanny was right on. I didn't see it as cruel, more like good advice. If you don't change,....

• Love 4
(edited)

Does Harry have a functioning brain?  It seems to be lacking in activity.  He seems to struggle saying the most basic sentence like he's a brain injury patient.

I thought Kristin looked stunning at the party.  She looks so much prettier with her hair back; really showed off her great bone structure.

Meanwhile Josh can't even comfort Kristin at all when she is in tears at the therapist saying she feels like he doesn't love her?

Heather -- how on earth did she ever get a job as a stylist.  The dress, the hair.  She looked terrible.

Add me to the list that thought Carole looked great.  Red is her color.  And I love her and Heather together.  They really love each other and have fun together.  It's genuine and fun to watch.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 1

While I agree with your definition of a verbal attack, I don't think that all of Ramona's antics have been the result of her going out of her way to be rude and cruel to people. Lately? Absolutely. But, in the earlier seasons? I don't think that is the case. 

Let me clarify by saying that prior to this season, I was someone who did not believe this show could exist without Ramona. The most entertaining and laugh out loud moments of earlier seasons really came from her being clueless both to how she came across and how she reacted to certain situations. It didn't hurt that she also had this ability to completely mispronounce words and cliches. And, when called out on those things at the reunions or on social media, she was always a good sport and never let it get to her nor did she get overly defensive about being called a dumbass or delusional. She took it as part and parcel of being on TV.

This past season though is a lot different. 

I recently re-watched the episode where Simon shows up to the "girls' night." I don't know if Ramona is so much more over the top now, or what, but it really wasn't as horrible as I remembered it. It was mainly awkward and made me feel embarrassed for her and the other people. But, it certainly wasn't vicious; it was more self centered than anything. It was all "I made the effort because I thought it was going to be a girls' night, why didn't anyone tell me that we could bring our husbands, I have other girlfriends that I was going to hang out with. You know what? Goodbye." Which is what made it so entertaining.In fact, it was always Ramona's self centered behavior that made her perfect fodder for reality television - that and the way she would brush off the snark and criticism from it.

I always thought of Ramona as the "party girl" who married who she thought was "the hottest guy at the party" and had a child. So, she utilized her friends to recapture her party girl lifestyle.

So saying things like "Kaduz" and "mountains out of holemills" and "going down to the social register" were funny and showed how clueless she was. While things like the runway walk, the slurring about shutting Kelly down, and the introduction of turtle time were just plain fun to laugh at.

The things she said to Bethenny on the bridge (which I found inexcusable regardless of how things turned out), were prompted by Ramona feeling she was attacked. And, that was the thing I always noticed with her. When she felt the least bit attacked she would hit back and go for the jugular. So, even if the person said something that wasn't meant to be offensive, but just as a means of a counter argument, she would slay them. I always thought that it was her idea of not being a victim like her mother had been and that she never had the counseling she needed to deal with that.

Even during Jill's last season when Ramona used the word deformed instead of disfigured, I could see Ramona trying to come up with the right word and not being able to do it on camera. It was another kadooz moment but it was horrible because it was hurtful. And, Ramona took her lumps for that. 

This season though, her behavior has turned up several notches and gone into purposefully vicious territory. Maybe she has seen that she has been able to get away with inexcusable things for so long, that she decide to ramp it up. Or, maybe she was getting a much better edit in those earlier seasons. But, her behavior this season, while similar, is much more calculated than in seasons past.

All of this is to say that I don't think that Ramona has always gone out of her way to be rude or hurtful. I think she was someone who reacted in the moment and dealt with the backlash when it came. 

But, this year, she has really gone out of her way to cause harm with her behavior and words.I don't know if she is going through a combination of menopause and dealing with a cheating spouse, or if she simply thinks that she has to turn it up to keep her spot. Or, maybe she, as I have always suspected, has some form of Aspergers that was never diagnosed and without boundaries we are seeing it manifest in ways that the camera can't hide anymore.

What I do know is that I am not sure the show would be the same without her. I love Heather and Carole. And Luann has definitely grown on me now that her role has been limited and she can be the Greek Chorus. But, Ramona's crazy is kind of an institution for me at this point.

I would definitely prefer that she not throw things or actively go after people without provocation. And if she could do that, I would welcome her back. But, her reactions to people as they were in the earlier seasons were pretty much the only thing that kept me interested enough to tune in. 

As much as I disliked Jill and am glad that she is gone, the one thing I appreciated about her is the thing that I appreciate about Ramona. Neither one of them are able to hide who they really are. It's the same thing I liked about Bethenny when she was on the show. Jill wasn't able to take the backlash and in her rush to try to correct things, she would make it worse. Bethenny and Ramona would defend themselves to a point and then let it go.

Plus, I really want to see the fall out from Ramona's marriage. I'm going to hell I know that. But, Ramona has always been a case study for me. I find her behavior, attitudes, and reactions to be alternately entertaining and just plain fascinating.

• Love 5
(edited)

I must missed the scene with Kristin and Josh with the counselor.  I saw the rerun.  Say I love you and buy me a new purse.  I'll say I love you and buy you ice cream.  He ain't no Juicy Joe - that we know of. 

With that said, having two teen boys we always had that deal.  When they are hanging out in the game room with friends, instead of telling or yelling at me to GET OUT, LEAVE US ALONE, OMG YOU ARE SO EMBARRASSING ~  I said I'll make a deal.  You tell me "Love you mom" and I will turn on my heels and leave.  I always did.  It's much better than having them give me Josh-type rants while I cancel their cell phones. 

I'd be up for some mocha almond fudge ice cream!  Much better than a stupid purse. 

The only thing I like about Sonja ~ her arms and short hair cut.  Can do without the Kardashian duck lip posing.

Edited by Lablover27
  • Love 1