Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E09: There's Something About Harry

• Start Topic

(edited)

What exactly kind of work did Heather do with all the famous black people? And did that qualify her to be head Yummie Tummie (whatever the sp?) maker of the world?

I think she worked in marketing or development for Bad Boy. Possibly development. As for Yummy Tummy (god I hate that name. Cutesy doesn't do much for me and I would feel like an idiot marching my gown up self into a store and asking for a Yummy Tummy. Somehow Spanx sounds slightly less humiliating) I don't think she actually invented it so much as she partnered with whoever did and launched the brand for them.

Someone asked about this earlier, but where does Heather actually live? I think we've at least seen a little bit of everybody else's homes at this point. I'm starting to wonder if she actually lives in a New Jersey or Long Island burb and is just pretending to live in the city for the show. I can't recall any other housewife on a franchise going this long without at least an exterior shot of their home.

Edited by FozzyBear
  • Love 2

Love loved loved the clip of Heather/Kristen's husband name dropping.  Because I have noticed that Heather will work in a "Puff Daddy" reference any time she can  (most recently at Carole's party).  But that exchange in the restaurant was Golden.  Hope they save it for the missing clips/reunion show.

We get it, Heather.  You knew black people once. 

Well, if her anniversary party is any indication, she still knows black people.  Quite a few of them actually. 

• Love 5
(edited)

Well, if her anniversary party is any indication, she still knows black people.  Quite a few of them actually. 

Yes and also she feels the need to say HOLLA to remind us how edgy she is.  Or gansta or whatever reason she feels the need to hold on to that tired, over played, over used 1990's slang/urban vernacular.  I swear, if Heather's tag line next season has "HOLLA" in it then all I have to say is "DEUCES".

Edited by beesknees
  • Love 2

Well, I learned something new today--"Holla!" is edgy and/or gangsta. Nice.

YASSS!  I have been looking for a way to appear more edgy and/or gangster to my 30- and 40-something, middle class friends.  WHO KNEW I just had to pepper my conversations with a few "hollas" and "mamas"??  Instant street cred! 

• Love 1

WHO KNEW I just had to pepper my conversations with a few "hollas" and "mamas"??  Instant street cred! 

Don't forget 'baby' and 'bitch'.  It might not hurt to announce your arrival with 'yo yo yo' or that you know Diddy.  Apparently some people think mentioning that at a bar will get them faster service.  (FWIW, I'm kiddding and I know she was kidding but when even Bravo is poking fun at her name dropping it might mean she's overdoing it a little.)

I don't think 'Holla' makes anybody sound edgy or gangster.  However, for me, depending on how it's said, by whom and how often is the difference between it meaning,  a normal salutation: "Hello" and a trying too hard: "Wut up dawg, dawg, hot diggity dawg." 

Maybe Heather is Spanish??

I think she worked in marketing or development for Bad Boy. Possibly development. As for Yummy Tummy (god I hate that name. Cutesy doesn't do much for me and I would feel like an idiot marching my gown up self into a store and asking for a Yummy Tummy. Somehow Spanx sounds slightly less humiliating) I don't think she actually invented it so much as she partnered with whoever did and launched the brand for them.

Someone asked about this earlier, but where does Heather actually live? I think we've at least seen a little bit of everybody else's homes at this point. I'm starting to wonder if she actually lives in a New Jersey or Long Island burb and is just pretending to live in the city for the show. I can't recall any other housewife on a franchise going this long without at least an exterior shot of their home.

Thanks Fozzy for the info. I hate the name too. Actually they are all awful including Jill's Skweez. I guess they are all better than the name "girdle", but fit the same.

I agree that it's odd we have never seen Heather's home. Who knows maybe there's footage but it didn't fit the producers contrived story line.

• Love 1

Heather also worked with J.Lo (I've always called her J. Ho, which seems fitting on this board) on her clothing line, Sweet Face. I'm not sure if she was a designer, but she might have worked on Puff Daddy's clothing line, too.

• Love 1

.I agree that it's odd we have never seen Heather's home. Who knows maybe there's footage but it didn't fit the producers contrived story line.

Maybe Mama Bear didn't want to have her house, inside or out, filmed as a precaution.  And for that, I'd say I wouldn't blame her.  If Aviva can somehow get out of taking the trips, if I were a Ho, I would try to get the 'no filming at my residence' exception put into my contract.  Fo shizzle.

• Love 4

Maybe Mama Bear didn't want to have her house, inside or out, filmed as a precaution.  And for that, I'd say I wouldn't blame her.  If Aviva can somehow get out of taking the trips, if I were a Ho, I would try to get the 'no filming at my residence' exception put into my contract.  Fo shizzle.

Or maybe the building doesn't allow filming like Aviva's old place.

if I were a Ho, I would try to get the 'no filming at my residence' exception put into my contract.

In my opinion part of the cast member contract is to let the viewer into their lives, and that includes homes.  Heather isn't such a hot catch as a cast member that she should get to avoid showing us where she lives. We rarely see her and Jonathon and the kids together as a family; I do remember last year a scene where they all went out to eat together and the kids behaved horribly. I wonder if she shut that kind of filming down after that night not wanting her kids to be the next hamburger stabbers like Alex and Simon's kids. I know Heather did film with them at the beach for this season but that was outdoors and kid friendly.  

Or maybe the building doesn't allow filming like Aviva's old place.

How crazy is it that Aviva actually rented a place for filming? Normally, I would think that she really wanted to be on the show. But, she had so many reasons for not being a part of the trips. 

Aviva is odd and off putting for me. I know that she wants to make sure she has the most attention focused on her, but the way she goes about getting that attention creeps me out.

• Love 3

I don't think contracts are a matter of opinion.

I don't get gangsta from Heather when she says Holla.  It reminds me of that horrible Stefani song.  So not gangsta.  Following that other woman (the other 'friend' at the beginning of the season) around at LuAnn's home dropping muddafuckas all over - that sounded a little gangsta wannabe.

In my opinion part of the cast member contract is to let the viewer into their lives, and that includes homes.  Heather isn't such a hot catch as a cast member that she should get to avoid showing us where she lives. We rarely see her and Jonathon and the kids together as a family; I do remember last year a scene where they all went out to eat together and the kids behaved horribly. I wonder if she shut that kind of filming down after that night not wanting her kids to be the next hamburger stabbers like Alex and Simon's kids. I know Heather did film with them at the beach for this season but that was outdoors and kid friendly.  

I think we have seen her kids as much as we have the rest of the kids this season.  I have no problem if the gals don't want to film with their kids a lot. If I were a parent, I would always want for my kids to be shown in the best possible light. Perhaps their kids don't do well with the cameras around? Actually, the only thing about Sonja that I still like is the fact that she refuses to let her daughter be filmed. She says that they have dinner together every single night at 6PM and that it is "their" time together. We have never seen this one time, and apparently it is a big part of her life. Let her keep that private if she wants.

I do wish they had shown more of the gals homes - all of them except for Kristen and Aviva.  We saw enough of them.  Also more of their day to day living. Others have mentioned Heather's work or Carole's book tour, but we use to see a lot of stuff with Ramona at work and we saw nothing this year. I think that she landed the Costco account for her wine during this time, which would have been worth at least mentioning. How about Sonja's work? She said that her "businesses were exploding".  In what manner? What the fuck does she do? I know she has interns, but just knowing that is not helpful to me. It seems like she likes to talk a lot about how successful she is on the show and in her blogs, but she shows us nothing. 

Then again, all of these gals could have spent hours lounging around their houses, having dinner with their kids, and slaving away at work all day and Bravo didn't think it was interesting enough to show us. The gals get blamed a lot for what we see, but at the end of the day, the vast majority of what they shoot ends up on the cutting room floor. 

• Love 4

As someone else mentioned, I think that it is getting harder and harder for Bravo to find folks that want to participate in these shows. There were several articles last year about what the producers of the BH show were going through in trying to find quality gals. The scrutiny and press are one thing, the focus during the editing process of trying to provoke drama, and the fact that on many of the shows the gals themselves have tried to personally harm a HW's family or business interest (Ramona, Brandi, Tamra) are another. It is much uglier than it was when these shows first started. 

I don't get the charge that Heather and Carole are trying to be cool. I think it is possible that they just actually are cool. IMO Carole is absolutely the coolest HW of all time, based strictly on her career prior/during her marriage.  Sure the cool factor gets ramped up a notch due to the famous families and friends, but all of that is just extra to me. She would be cool without the family (although she would have never been on this show).  She would be cool even if she had never written a best-selling book or fucked Clooney. 

Even if they have decided to try to be cool, it is OK with me. It is better than trying to be vicious, dumb, trampy, delusional or just flat-out cunty, as is the case with many of these other gals.  If there was a decision to be made that required them to act like they are something they are not, it is nice that they decided to be shown as smart, loyal, hard-working gals who seem to have their priorities all lined up.  Even if they are not these people, I think it is nice that they think they should be. 

good points, thank you

• Love 1

I think we have seen her kids as much as we have the rest of the kids this season.  I have no problem if the gals don't want to film with their kids a lot. If I were a parent, I would always want for my kids to be shown in the best possible light. Perhaps their kids don't do well with the cameras around? Actually, the only thing about Sonja that I still like is the fact that she refuses to let her daughter be filmed. She says that they have dinner together every single night at 6PM and that it is "their" time together. We have never seen this one time, and apparently it is a big part of her life. Let her keep that private if she wants.

I do wish they had shown more of the gals homes - all of them except for Kristen and Aviva.  We saw enough of them.  Also more of their day to day living. Others have mentioned Heather's work or Carole's book tour, but we use to see a lot of stuff with Ramona at work and we saw nothing this year. I think that she landed the Costco account for her wine during this time, which would have been worth at least mentioning. How about Sonja's work? She said that her "businesses were exploding".  In what manner? What the fuck does she do? I know she has interns, but just knowing that is not helpful to me. It seems like she likes to talk a lot about how successful she is on the show and in her blogs, but she shows us nothing. 

Then again, all of these gals could have spent hours lounging around their houses, having dinner with their kids, and slaving away at work all day and Bravo didn't think it was interesting enough to show us. The gals get blamed a lot for what we see, but at the end of the day, the vast majority of what they shoot ends up on the cutting room floor.

The reason we don't see Sonja's daughter is because old man Morgan won't allow it. Sonja would probably love nothing more than for us to see that her daughter thinks Sonja is the sexiest, juiciest mom evah. I shudder to think of just how embarrassed that poor girl must be of her mother.
  • Love 4
(edited)

But there's one name she drops all the time -- Puff Daddy.  I don't follow the guy, but I remember he changed it a time or two since then.  Maybe he's changed it back.  So I don't know if the version she's dropping is current or the one from ten years ago. 

"We know Puff Daddy!"  Why would you say that in a bar trying to impress a waiter?  Or even your friends?  Why would that be the first name to come to mind at this point in social media/celebrity time?

"Well, we're not Puff Daddy!"  -- why would you say that at a party about your clothes?  I mean, he's a good dresser, but it seems like his prime in terms of fashion was quite a while ago. 

Just seems like she's begging in each case for somebody to acknowledge "Oh, yeah, Heather knows Puff Daddy!  Tell us all about him!"

While Carole doesn't name drop she gets coy when other people do it, in such a way as to say "it's true, but of course I can't confirm it."   No, I don't think she slept with George Clooney.  I can believe she went out to a bar with him and others and they flirted because they're both flirts.  But I don't think she's not kissing and telling.  I think she's hoping people will think she's not kissing and telling.  And she figures he's not going to be jerk enough to deny it publicly.  As long as she doesn't actually come out and make a false claim, she won't open herself up to what happened to Brandi Glanville who claimed a relationship with some actor and he came out and said flat out they had sex but he never even knew her name.

In both cases they're perfectly normal human foibles and fun to mock in a way that actual mental illness/alcohol-based bad behavior is not (Aviva, Ramona, Sonja)

Edited by kassa
  • Love 1

I agree with you. There's no doubt this was planned. By the producers and Aviva. At the very least, she went along with it. There's something very disturbing about that. I almost think it would be better if she were truly insane to explain such behavior, but I think it's just desperation and narcissism and the addictive drug that is reality tv fame/attention.

Yeah, I get it too. At the very least, my sense of humor is rooted in the absurd (because really, isn't everything?) and it's one of those nervous laughs that came out of me, like, is this shit for real? Of course it is, and of course it isn't. But it's reality to me once she made that choice to hurl it, and it flew like a lone dove across the table (which happened to be set up all one sided with the women sitting like ducks in a row, just because, you know, easiest way to have a conversation at dinner. Oh wait, easiest way to have the room to chuck a leg, sorry.)

I really do hope someone retrieved it for her though, lest Sonja go outside, bury it in the sand and then try and hawk it on eBay to buy new underoos.

• Love 3

If you don't, Bosawks, you're not a friend....Sonja needs that kind of info so that she can stalk your ex and present like a baboon in heat within 24 hours of any break-up.  It's how rich people act, you know?

Word up to Grneyedldy - Sonja's ex has tried to scrub the internet of pictures of them together, especially that of the little girl.  I have zero, absolutely zero doubt, that Sonja's daughter is off-limits because her ex has prevented that.  I have zero doubt that but for his intervention, Sonja would do whatever possible to make her daughter her 'storyline.' 

In both cases they're perfectly normal human foibles and fun to mock in a way that actual mental illness/alcohol-based bad behavior is not (Aviva, Ramona, Sonja)

I think the gruesome 'blonde' threesome above have issues, but I personally will mock lustily as long as I can type!  I think for each, their primary issue is being narcissistic unkind ca-hunts who are completely used to getting what they want when they say boo, not some kind of organic processing disorder, struggle with depression or another serious mental illness.  Sonja, who I find loathsome, is unbelievably disingenuous, and has presented 'no settlement,' 'sued for no reason, deals fall apart all the time,' 'LuAnn owed me the breakup news first/she's just a social acquaintance/she's a man, and I'm a delicate heiress-type!' -- that shit is concerted.  It's a campaign.  Aviva's creation of 'Bookgate' was a campaign.  She slyly brought in tidbits over time - 'Bill Whitworth,' 'my publisher passed,' 'Reid witnessed my getting this information.'  A campaign.  Ramona deciding to drag out the non-story with the former Miss USA, the entire pattern of behavior even just driving up to the Berkshires (home values, 'the Berkshires are...for people who can't afford the Hamptons!') -- not isolated blurting out, reaction shot type moments.  Just a vile woman being vile, again and again -- and escalating.  So for me at least, I know I'm not mocking them for things out of their control.  Not at all. 

• Love 7

ctually, the only thing about Sonja that I still like is the fact that she refuses to let her daughter be filmed. She says that they have dinner together every single night at 6PM and that it is "their" time together. We have never seen this one time, and apparently it is a big part of her life. Let her keep that private if she wants.

It's Quincy's father who doesn't want her filmed.  It's reported that she attends boarding school out of state. How is it possible that Sonja has dinner with her every night?

• Love 1

It's reported that she attends boarding school out of state. How is it possible that Sonja has dinner with her every night?

With the help of a medium and his ouija board ? It's a certifiably more reliable method than skype.

• Love 6

It's Quincy's father who doesn't want her filmed.  It's reported that she attends boarding school out of state. How is it possible that Sonja has dinner with her every night?

It must be part of her delusions, or her need to portray her life as different than it actually is. This is what she says in her blog regarding Ramona's reaction to Avery going away to school:

"It brought me to tears again seeing Ramona pack Avery. You could cut the nerves with a knife. I will be experiencing the same very soon. I am also very close to my daughter. I am home every day 3:45 pm to be with her after school. We have dinner every nite at 6 pm. I don't miss my weekends with her. It will be hard for me as well."

This is something she has said often over the years and in other blogs. She has in the past blamed being late for events on the fact that she carves out this 4 or so hours every day for Quncy. She has said she only goes out in the evening after their dinner is complete. Maybe she is confused and she thinks one of her interns is her daughter, much like she thinks she has any successful, exploding businesses?

• Love 1

I dunno.  Maybe Sonja is referring to a dog?  Or perhaps Sonja is fondly recalling an event from years ago like when she regales us with the tales of the Churchills dining off her toaster oven meals.  I really am not sure how much of what Sonja says is the truth, an intentional fabrication or delusion.

• Love 2

How do you know this?

• Love 1
(edited)

Sonja's daughter is named Quincy? I don't think I ever heard her name before. Makes me think of that old show, Quincy M.E. starring Jack Klugmen(sp?)

Edited by imjagain

I disagree. The ratings started dropping in Jill's last season. The criticism was that the show had gotten too dark and the constant division into the teams was too boring. And, I think that Jill was the reason for that.

I think that when that decline happened the fans the show lost didn't bother to tune in the next season when the show had been recast. Aviva's crazy garnered enough interest for some to check it out mid season, but then they took more than a year to bring it back this season and I think people just forgot about it. 

And then there was the disgusting pervert that is George. 

All in all, I don't think that it was a single cast member or even a couple of cast members that kept people tuning in. I think it was a lot of things piling up that caused the ratings to sink. But, the ratings started slipping prior to Jill getting the ax and I think she was a large part of why the decline started happening.

That's not true.  Jill's last season was the franchises highest rated season.  The finale got the highest ratings of the season with 2.4 million.  I'm not sure where you're getting your information.  There was no decline.  I know people on TWOP said the season got dark, but regardless of what they said, the ratings were good and people were watching.  For every fan the show "lost", another two must have started watching.

• Love 1
(edited)
That's not true.  Jill's last season was the franchises highest rated season.  The finale got the highest ratings of the season with 2.4 million.  I'm not sure where you're getting your information.  There was no decline.

Is this true?  Really?  I may not luv Andy Cohen, but I never thought of him as a moron.  Would he have altered the show so drastically if the ratings hadn't gone down significantly?  Well, we do know he's a pretty cagey character.  I always suspected he wanted to get rid of Jillzy cuz she was getting way too manipulative & unmanageable.  Did he actually use only a slight dip in the ratings to justify getting rid of her?  Eh, doesn't bother me.  While I'm sure Jillzy is pleased as punch to see the crappy ratings the show is getting now, would her presence have stopped the ratings from sliding?  Doubt it.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs

Is this true?  Really?  I may not luv Andy Cohen, but I never thought of him as a moron.  Would he have altered the show so drastically if the ratings hadn't gone down significantly?  Well, we do know he's a pretty cagey character.  I always suspected he wanted to get rid of Jillzy cuz she was getting way too manipulative & unmanageable.  Did he actually use only a slight dip in the ratings to justify getting rid of her?  Eh, doesn't bother me.  While I'm sure Jillzy is pleased as punch to see the crappy ratings the show is getting now, would her presence have stopped the ratings from sliding?  Doubt it.

I've said it before, but I believe Andy thought that the Real Housewives franchises would be successful regardless of who the cast was.  After the first season with Carole and Heather started, he said on WWHL that people complained and he listened.  I don't think Andy has any "justifications" for firing someone except that he wanted to.  Jill kept people talking and people are still talking about her.  Love or hate her, people were watching when she was on and now, over a million less are watching.

Is this true?  Really? 

It's surprising but yes, it's true.

RHoNY 1 2008 9     1,119,222

RHoNY 2 2009 14   1,854,286 

RHoNY 3 2010 18   2,019,889 

RHoNY 4 2011 18   2,039,833

RHoNY 5 2012 21   1,583,714 

RHoNY 6 2014 19   1,266,684 

Source : 

http://bravoratings.com/housewives/ Ok, it's Simon's website but still.

By episode : http://bravoratings.com/2012/06/05/real-housewives-of-new-york-city-season-4/

How, season 6 is at Season 1 level. That must hurt !

(edited)

Thanks for posting this -- it's really interesting.  Count me as one who was so glad when Jillzy got the boot cuz she was annoying me like crazy.  But I did assume it was mostly cuz the ratings stunk.  Guess not, eh?  The ratings now are barely above the point of cancellation, so Andy could use Jillzy's help in recasting or retooling the show.  But it would never happen.  She showed her true colors when she was on WWHL & he ain't gonna stand for her manipulative crapola.

It's kinda too bad.  Cuz I have no doubt Jillzy knows tons of people who could be right for the show & maybe she could save it from that perspective.  Oh well.  Would it have been so far-fetched to place Jillzy as a producer?

Honestly, (to me) this desperate stuff with the haggard-looking old drunkety-drunk Harry, who barely has the ability to speak a coherent sentence or to stand on his feet & walk, is the clear shark-jumping moment for this show.  I mean, c'mon producers, do ya really think viewers are clueless enough to believe anyone is gonna be fighting over him?  Even Sonja or Lu?  Um, no.

And btw, I don't think the leg-tossing thing is gonna be shark-jumping at all.  I think it's just gonna come and go quick.  Aviva is hardly a factor on the show anymore.  And that's her own doing.  Someone (on the show) says she's an outsider.  And she is.  She's pretty much finished.  

I did watch the scene again with Aviva and the Boston Marathon bombing survivor.  Have to say, I was very impressed with how Aviva was in that scene.  She was extremely gentle & quite kind.  Er, where was this woman during Veevs' tenure on the show?  Now her, I'd like to know.  But not the vile, entitled, haughty, screaming, nasty, lying, loony shrew we've seen.  That woman I never want to see or hear ever again.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 1

I did watch the scene again with Aviva and the Boston Marathon bombing survivor.  Have to say, I was very impressed with how Aviva was in that scene.  She was extremely gentle & quite kind.  Er, where was this woman during Veevs' tenure on the show?  Now her, I'd like to know. 

That woman is the same one as in her first season, when she gave us the opportunity to see the kid with the running blades prosthetics he tried for the first time.  She was then attentive and caring too. I will forever remember that scene and all it made me realize about amputees. I'm still tearing up writing about it, it touched me that much. To this day, I don't remember a scene, in all RH franchise, this powerful and meaningful. And she is the one to thank for this.

And then all hell broke loose with her first tantrum about Ramona and Sonja bailing from the charity spin class thingy. That was the first hint on how crazy she gets when things don't go her way. She was justified in her anger imho but was über loud about it. And relentless.

How can those two personnalities, the caring one and the awful one, can cohabitate in one person, that's a mystery to me. 

• Love 1

Yeah, her split personality is very oddball.  And the weirdest thing is I don't think she's faking either personality.  The woman desperately needs psychiatric help.

When Aviva started on the show she said she wanted to present to the world how amputees can do quite well & look good & maintain their dignity.  So did she do that on the show?  Eh, not really.  She squandered a really great opportunity to help other amputees build their confidence.  I kinda hate her for that alone.  So what did she accomplish by being on the show?  That we now know amputees can be assholes too?  OK then Veevs, amputees everywhere thank ya for that.  Lovely.

• Love 3

As someone else already pointed out, Andy basically addressed the fact that he made drastic casting changes on this franchise because of public opinion. He also said after that he would never again let the fans dictate casting. Jill drove him and production nuts, but I think he fired her because so many fans had become vocal in their desire to see her gone. He really didn't think that her leaving would case a ratings disaster. 

I wouldn't say that Jill could never come back. Yep, she pissed people off, but it is hard to believe she pissed Bravo off more than Adrienne did, and look who will make some appearances on the BH show this year? None other than the gal who shut down part of a story with a lawsuit and refused to attend a reunion. If she can come back to test the water, Jill can as well.  Even though Andy is still an EP with the HW show, he doesn't hold the sway or have the power he once did. If someone else thinks she can bump up ratings, they could at least test her out and see if ratings improved. I absolutely think they would. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I agree.  Mario is 25 years away from being George.  This is partly why I don't find the vitriol here for Ramona as harsh as it is for Aviva.

Ramona is every bit as vile, mean, over-talking, over-bearing (dare I say moreso) than Aviva has been, imo.  Aviva gets taken to task for her father's lewd behavior.  We're angry at her (amongst other reasons) for merely rolling her eyes at him and not somehow putting a stop to it. 

Yet Mario is a leering, creepy, philandering, lying, cheating lech that Ramona bats her eyes at and thinks he's the sexiest thing to ever NOT sing a song about her. Ramona's father was also an abuser who encouraged her brother's drug dealing.  Whom, I might add, ended up going to prison for selling coke.  Her family tree seems more despicable to me than Aviva's.

Don't get me wrong.  I think Aviva is awful.  But why is Ramona tolerated, while the majority are calling for Aviva's head?  Is it because Aviva picked on the fan favorite, Carole?  Because she called Ramona and Sonja 'white trash' and said that Sonja was spiraling out of control? Doesn't the fact that she turned out right give her any cred?

At least Aviva has a passion for a great cause.  Ramona has a passion for booze. 

Thank you so much for this. Ramona is repulsive, and it is anathema to me that these imps on this show would go after anyone else while this nasty WHITE TRASH cow still draws breath. And listening to creepy Mario--who was vying to hold an apple LONG before Peter (Uncle Ben) Thomas on RHOA was vying for a peach--caterwauling like a lame Vegas lounge lizard was one of the most embarrassing scenes in the history of the ho-wives. "Effortless"? GROSS. And before anyone says that Mario's voice is good or that the performance wasn't bad, please, don't bother--because I confess that I have zero rationality when it comes to these two hogs. I find him to be so disgusting that I just can't--with him OR his vile wife, Crazy Eyes.

Edited by StevieRocks
  • Love 2
(edited)

Ooo!  Ooo!  I know!  I know!  Heather does indeed live in the city, three floors down from me!  Out of respect for her privacy, I'll just say that it's a perfectly nice but hardly schmancy building on the Upper West Side.  Near as I can tell, looks like some of the interviews took place in her apartment but I've never seen any exterior shots. 

PS -- this is my first post -- hope the Quote Feature worked properly!

Edited by Lisin
Fixed quote
  • Love 11

That woman is the same one as in her first season, when she gave us the opportunity to see the kid with the running blades prosthetics he tried for the first time.  She was then attentive and caring too. I will forever remember that scene and all it made me realize about amputees. I'm still tearing up writing about it, it touched me that much. To this day, I don't remember a scene, in all RH franchise, this powerful and meaningful. And she is the one to thank for this.

And then all hell broke loose with her first tantrum about Ramona and Sonja bailing from the charity spin class thingy. That was the first hint on how crazy she gets when things don't go her way. She was justified in her anger imho but was über loud about it. And relentless.

How can those two personnalities, the caring one and the awful one, can cohabitate in one person, that's a mystery to me.

I think those two personalities can cohabitate in one person because Andy Cohen says they can. Aviva isn't the first and won't be the last Ho we see who goes from seemingly normal to Cuckoo for CocoaPuffs in one season or less. 

I'm interested in the next season of BH because if Lisa is back, I think it's her turn.  She is the ONLY Ho I thought was untouchable but Andy and production can make anything happen. If she's smart she'd know by now she's not untouchable and should get out while the gettin' is good.  I'm sad that NYC may not be back because I was kind of hoping to see the full blown Cuckoo that I believe Heather is capable of and that she's given us glimpses of already.

• Love 1
Ooo!  Ooo!  I know!  I know!  Heather does indeed live in the city, three floors down from me!  Out of respect for her privacy, I'll just say that it's a perfectly nice but hardly schmancy building on the Upper West Side.  Near as I can tell, looks like some of the interviews took place in her apartment but I've never seen any exterior shots.

Thanks for the confirmation of what I've always figured bout Heather.  She's comfortably middle class & that's about it.  Nothing wrong with dat -- but getting away from the original premise of the show, which I really liked.  If they were to go for a complete recast, would they cast others like Kristen & Heather -- upper middle class professionals in the city?  Ugh, that would be so ho-hum & boring.

Still say it's too bad we didn't get to see more of the charitable Aviva.  Now that lady was worth watching.  But I guess Andy thinks all we want to see is vileness, cruelty & nastiness, eh?  Thanks for that assumption, Andy.  And btw, it ain't true.  I also hate the way the show has taken such a sharp turn away from anything having to do with charity.  Sucks.

Thanks for the confirmation of what I've always figured bout Heather.  She's comfortably middle class & that's about it.  Nothing wrong with dat -- but getting away from the original premise of the show, which I really liked.  If they were to go for a complete recast, would they cast others like Kristen & Heather -- upper middle class professionals in the city?  Ugh, that would be so ho-hum & boring.

Still say it's too bad we didn't get to see more of the charitable Aviva.  Now that lady was worth watching.  But I guess Andy thinks all we want to see is vileness, cruelty & nastiness, eh?  Thanks for that assumption, Andy.  And btw, it ain't true.  I also hate the way the show has taken such a sharp turn away from anything having to do with charity.  Sucks.

What a subjective term. That Heather doesn't live in a fancy building doesn't automatically make her "middle class," comfortable or otherwise. I'd bet that she and her husband are in the seven figure range of income, which is a far cry from middle class (or even upper middle class).

• Love 1

Is it any wonder that the one per cent is so greedy when comfortably-off people aren't wealthy enough to appear on a trashy reality show?

Sufficient cash for a Manhattan apartment, private school and a vacation home don't qualify? There's gotta be a private plane or what? Don't get it.

• Love 4

What a subjective term. That Heather doesn't live in a fancy building doesn't automatically make her "middle class," comfortable or otherwise. I'd bet that she and her husband are in the seven figure range of income, which is a far cry from middle class (or even upper middle class).

Agreed, from what I understand, Heather and Jonathan have a place in the city that they need because they both work in the city, but they consider themselves to "live" in their house in the Berkshires.  Maybe they decided that they don't need an apartment on Park Avenue to serve that purpose or that they would rather invest/spend/donate/save their money elsewhere.  I, too, suspect their income is in the seven figure range, which would put them in the top 1% of income/wealth.  I know it's NYC, so that distorts the perception a little bit, but let's not get crazy. 

• Love 3