Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

ByTor
  • Start Topic

I always travel with my pillow and a blanket. And in the days of Covid, maybe bringing your own microwave is a smart thing? As far as the 1 suitcase per day rest of it, no clue. 🤣

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, TUOwl84 said:

Could the stuffed bear possibly be Abbie Bear? lol  Wishful thinking!! 

That depends who was the last person to have actually received Abbey. Unless that was the one that VK actually bought from the cowboys shop.

35 minutes ago, dbell1 said:

I always travel with my pillow and a blanket. And in the days of Covid, maybe bringing your own microwave is a smart thing? As far as the 1 suitcase per day rest of it, no clue. 🤣

But is it actually safe to have it in the hotel room. Its all fair and well bringing the microwave. But along the lines of Health and Safety ..... VK could have brought one that is not really safe and if she brought one that does not pass the health and safety checks and uses it, and has an accident ... etc. And I say that because I remember when I went to university 13 years ago (I finished uni 10 years ago) my first year I was in uni hall and one of the girls in the flat had just bought a bed side lamp directly from the retailers and had it taken away from her because we had this thing called a "pat test" (I think thats what its called in the UK) and it failed and she had spent about £150 on it and the person at uni who was doing the tests took it and said she wasn't allowed to have it back to. Not even to take it to the shops to swap or get a refund etc because it was a health and safety hazard. 

As for her suitcases. Not being funny if you are living on site, how many change of clothes do you need? PJ's, a change of clothes for breakfast, then you change into the practise clothes that is given to you and then the same clothes you wore to get to the dance floor which is like 10 secs walk from the hotel room to their function room ... and then another set of clothes to go for dinner and then back in PJ's so at best 3sets of clothes for 1 day ....... but if I was in that position I would only need 2 sets the pjs and the one for breakfast would also double up as the one I wear for dinner. Because I am not that bloody rich to have 1 million change of clothes in one day 

Edited by UK-Fan
  • Love 3
38 minutes ago, dbell1 said:

I don't know if this came out the way you meant it to, but I have to question why anyone needs 1 suitcase per day of clothes when they're not going anywhere either before or after their "work day" and have a set of clothes provided them to wear for at least part of the day.  What are they doing to need that many clothes, especially in such an environment?  The only person I know who takes anywhere NEAR that much on a trip usually takes only one suitcase, a purse and a makeup bag/kit and that's for around a week or more.  

• Love 3

#TeamBriana as well here! I think the uniform color suits her incredibly well! I'm sure the rookie candidates and S14 vets would benefit VERY well from her in a leadership position.

• Love 16

Briana would be a great choice for 2nd leader this year! I also love her hair with the highlights! 

I am a chronic over-packer and they always have to look their very best so they likely need at least 1 complete glam outfit per day in training camp, plus comfy clothes, full hair and makeup supplies, and snacks and things. But I don't think that would be even close to the amount that VK brought, although if it was just her suitcases and a bag with pillows in it then it would be similar to the amount the others brought. The only thing I can think of is that she is on a restricted prep kitchen diet to make sure she is at uniform weight and the hotel doesn't have microwaves in the rooms. OR they are going to do some spotlight on how healthy she is eating now to not repeat her weight mistakes and its sponsored by prep kitchen hence the many bags and microwave.

On her cart you can also see what I think is a solo costume hanging so they're probably be doing solos during camp! Unfortunately but unsurprisingly it looks like the exact same stomach-covering dress style that she has worn before.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Yeah, lots of hotels, especially more upscale ones, have moved away from having microwaves in the room. I've never stayed in a hotel that didn't have a small fridge, but "no microwave" has unfortunately become a "thing" over the last several years for many hotel chains. It's annoying. 

ETA: I learned this lesson the hard way several years ago while staying at the Marriott (I think we stayed there that year) in Times Square....came back very late, starving, and planning to heat up my meal from earlier in the day only to discover that there was no microwave. That...was not fun lol!

Gah, this right here. I had to stay at the Parker meridian near Times Square for ten days during fashion week for work...beautiful suite, no mini fridge and no microwave. It sucked SO BAD. In hindsight I prob could have requested one, but going out for every meal was a whip. 

VK is ridiculous with all her stuff, but it’s prob hard to resist an overpack when you drive in.  

• Love 2
12 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Victoria brings a microwave. Most hotels have one in the room; at least the chain hotels I've stayed at. Looks like she's moving into a dorm room instead.

I was going to say that I didn’t have nearly this much stuff when I moved into my college dorm for an entire year.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Holly85 said:

She mentions deliberations wonder if someone was cut tonight 

Supposedly, they already cut Amelia, and honestly, with the flexibility issues I think Cassie is up next (also the two girls at the front of the social distancing kickline) 

7 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

VK's 2nd try was flawless? In what universe?

She was not the best as TPTB wants us to believe but she did it without being called out like her first time. Hence flawless.😁

• LOL 3
6 hours ago, kalibean said:

Gah, this right here. I had to stay at the Parker meridian near Times Square for ten days during fashion week for work...beautiful suite, no mini fridge and no microwave. It sucked SO BAD. In hindsight I prob could have requested one, but going out for every meal was a whip. 

VK is ridiculous with all her stuff, but it’s prob hard to resist an overpack when you drive in.  

My husband and I stayed at a really upscale hotel in Chicago a couple of years ago, I was beyond annoyed when I realized our room had no microwave, no mini fridge AND no coffee maker!  I don't like to see anyone until I've had some coffee so even though there was a Starbucks in the lobby, it was still annoying.  

When I travel for races, I like to make sure that I have anything I could possibly need.  It looks like VK is bringing her own meals (smart, since she has struggled with her weight), so if she knew there was no microwave it makes sense to me that she'd bring her own.  And who knows, maybe she's bringing it intending to share it with whoever else might need one.

Anyway, I'm not a huge fan of Victoria but I swear, this forum will find fault with anything she does.

And I'm curious if Lexie actually brought her dog or if that was just a photo opp as she was being dropped off!  Most hotels won't allow dogs and hers is a puppy still, he'd go nuts in the room alone!  I'd be tempted to smuggle one of my cats in with me, though!  I miss my furbabies when I travel.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Pau84 said:

She was not the best as TPTB wants us to believe but she did it without being called out like her first time. Hence flawless.😁

VK was flawless because she had, in my opinion, someone taught her the dances, gave her the panel interview questions and answers, and was given a job at the gym to make sure she worked out  to make weight. She has already shown she is not mature enough to make the team on her own. 

• Love 13
2 hours ago, TexasLonghorn94 said:

Did Taylor J not go to training camp? Saw this screenshot from her Instagram story on Facebook. 

33C2AB40-55D2-45C7-AAC5-3A73498A575A.jpeg

Not sure that was posted on her story way after the ladies had to report to the bubble 

1 minute ago, Holly85 said:

Not sure that was posted on her story way after the ladies had to report to the bubble 

Isn't Taylor a teacher? A lot of dfw area schools started today. They r doing school remotely for the first 4 weeks, but I heard from my teacher friends that they are still required to work from the school, even though the kids are working remotely. Maybe she could not get off work?

• Love 6
21 hours ago, go4luca said:

Did she pack her Mom in there somewhere?  #OutOfControl

so much stuff Vic.jpg

Honestly, this is exactly what my daughter would have brought at the age of 19/20 ....actually...she still would at the age of 27 including the stuffed animal.  Some people are just heavy packers.  Also, given Covid (and as a hospital nurse) I think the the microwave is a very smart idea.  You don't know for sure how well they are cleaning that stuff in the rooms if they even have one available in the room. 

Edited by mizzhyer
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, Pau84 said:

Kat!

She justifies my adoration with every breath she takes. Fabulous!

B8AE90DA-FA71-4699-934A-DA97383F662C.thumb.jpeg.d73962627af1b6aeac8e1db13d6e8d95.jpeg

And my absolute favourites: Amanda and Jalyn.
What a triangle would that be! 

I am so happy to see them!

DAFFA37B-3719-4D6D-992F-7FA93D01E4B6.jpeg.bd8640c8c91d6b60ec79a0bb0a94ada9.jpeg

Kat is adorable as always....I love Amanda but despise that dress.  I think fringe dresses are so dated looking. 

My point pick, if Maddie is, for some reason, demoted (which I don't see happening): Gina.

• Love 4
46 minutes ago, Jennv said:

Isn't Taylor a teacher? A lot of dfw area schools started today. They r doing school remotely for the first 4 weeks, but I heard from my teacher friends that they are still required to work from the school, even though the kids are working remotely. Maybe she could not get off work?

Yes she is a teacher. I too wonder if she couldn’t go to training camp. 

• Useful 1
25 minutes ago, ElenaFR said:

I truly want to know how these ladies with full-time jobs are making the bubble work. Are they just using up all their vacation time? 

Maybe some of their employers like the idea of a DCC working for them, so they are super flexible with their schedule?  Who knows...but I was wondering the same thing myself. 

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, SamShmam said:

Am I the only one who sees the sheer insanity in sequestering oneself in a hotel away from careers, pets, home, family, for the sole purpose of dancing half naked on a football field for virtually no money for an audience that may or may not exist? No? Just me? Okay. I love all this pageantry as much as anyone but sometimes the reality kind of smacks me upside the head. 

I think they should have cancelled auditions and taken a vet only team if there was going to be a team at all this season.  But they didn't ask my opinion 😉

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 20
1 minute ago, mizzhyer said:

I think they should have cancelled auditions and taken a vet only team if there was going to be a team at all this season.  But they didn't ask my opinion 😉

haha no one called me either. Again!!

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
22 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Are we sure that Tina isn't in one of those bags???

She is...I see strands of bleached blonde hair sticking out of the large suitcase, bottom left.

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
On 8/9/2020 at 6:57 PM, DCC-UK said:

I think they're priming up for Amber to take point next year when Maddie retires. She gets a lot of posts on their socials. The only thing going against her is her height as she's pretty small.

She'll get point for one year before VK takes over.

I wouldnt be so sure about Victoria getting point, besides that, I am good with Amber being point as long as Rachel is in the triangle haha

23 hours ago, Jennv said:

I thought they were only going to be there for like 7 to 10 days? She looks like she is staying 3 months. 

Ngl it is a mood to be honest

22 hours ago, Tulip86 said:

Don't think Rachel W has the punch for point. Good dancer, Top 10, but not the very best. Gina rocks, Maddie's good, Hannah is awesome, Jalyn & Amber have the technique down. So many to choose from! I love Rachel A as well, Ashlee is just awesome and Amanda will be one to remember. 

Sounds like they have a luxury problem 😄

Love Rachel A too

Looking at the 2019 Showgroup Rachel W defo seems to have enough punch (for me atleast) and like Kelli said, she hits those photo moments 😄

Maybe I am just fangirling to much

• Love 2
2 hours ago, SamShmam said:

Am I the only one who sees the sheer insanity in sequestering oneself in a hotel away from careers, pets, home, family, for the sole purpose of dancing half naked on a football field for virtually no money for an audience that may or may not exist? No? Just me? Okay. I love all this pageantry as much as anyone but sometimes the reality kind of smacks me upside the head. 

They are not considered "essential workers" so really surprised anyone thinks cheerleaders for anyone belong on the field at this point.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, Jennv said:

maybe @ShellyB can answer this question. Is Taylor J at TC or did she have to work and what work around did Kelli and Judi provide, if any, for girls who absolutely could not get the time off? I ask that because I know other districts around me, not mine thank goodness, aren't allowing teachers to put in for subs for anything other than being sick.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, SamShmam said:

I agree with you! 

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, CailynA said:

maybe @ShellyB can answer this question. Is Taylor J at TC or did she have to work and what work around did Kelli and Judi provide, if any, for girls who absolutely could not get the time off? I ask that because I know other districts around me, not mine thank goodness, aren't allowing teachers to put in for subs for anything other than being sick.

Same where I live. We are starting remotely and every teacher needs to be online with there students and were told no vacation time or personal days unless it’s absolutely necessary.  It’s hard enough for the kids, so the Superintendent doesn’t want subs. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, aeroluv327 said:

Anyway, I'm not a huge fan of Victoria but I swear, this forum will find fault with anything she does.

snipped by me 

Even without the microwave, that’s still a lot of stuff. Of the photos we’ve seen, no one had anywhere near that amount. 

• Love 7
11 hours ago, Pau84 said:

7 hours ago, jlc said:

VK was flawless because she had, in my opinion, someone taught her the dances, gave her the panel interview questions and answers, and was given a job at the gym to make sure she worked out  to make weight. She has already shown she is not mature enough to make the team on her own. 

We obviously have very different definitions of flawless. 😁

There was plenty to be called on (starting with the flub in the open auditions), TPTB  just did everything in their power to make us think she's all that and piece of chocolate cheesecake too (including editing footage to make it look like she was being praised when it was someone else). They still are -- many of us saw through it then & see through it now.

Sorry, someone with the technique & timing issues she has can never be flawless, even with someone teaching her the routines (probably since she was 5), feeding her the questions, etc. -- just ain't gonna happen.

Good enough to be a DCC? Yep. Flawless? Not in this lifetime without some major changes.

• Love 11
39 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Looks like everyone has her own room, which is good. I'm amazed that Kelli is letting the girls do the vlogs without makeup. It's nice seeing them fresh faced.

• Love 16
44 minutes ago, hannahbanana said:

We obviously have very different definitions of flawless. 😁

There was plenty to be called on (starting with the flub in the open auditions), TPTB  just did everything in their power to make us think she's all that and piece of chocolate cheesecake too (including editing footage to make it look like she was being praised when it was someone else). They still are -- many of us saw through it then & see through it now.

Sorry, someone with the technique & timing issues she has can never be flawless, even with someone teaching her the routines (probably since she was 5), feeding her the questions, etc. -- just ain't gonna happen.

Good enough to be a DCC? Yep. Flawless? Not in this lifetime without some major changes.

Victoria herself was certainly not flawless, I agree!

• Love 2
6 hours ago, SamShmam said:

This is all true, but it shows how much it means to the ladies, rookies and vets alike.  After all, no one put a gun to their heads.  Kelli will eat this up and as dangerous as it is, this will be the most interesting MTT ever.  I just pray everyone stays healthy.  

• Love 2
8 hours ago, mizzhyer said:

Honestly, this is exactly what my daughter would have brought at the age of 19/20 ....actually...she still would at the age of 27 including the stuffed animal.  Some people are just heavy packers.  Also, given Covid (and as a hospital nurse) I think the the microwave is a very smart idea.  You don't know for sure how well they are cleaning that stuff in the rooms if they even have one available in the room. 

It maybe a smart idea in this situation but also a massive health and safety issue. What if the microwave she brought does not pass health and safety checks? I remember when I moved into university halls all of our electric items have to do a test and if it doesn't pass it gets taken off us. Because the halls does not want a fire hazard. I know one girl who spent £150 on a bedside lamp. It was brand new and it works but it didn't pass that electrical health and safety test and it got taken off her. I used to work as a chef and I still have friends in the industry and they all have to do a massive deep clean before and after service now because of the pandemic, which is safe of them.

Surely the cowboys could talk to the kitchen staff to provide a microwave and have it in the restaurant area for them to use especially if they cannot use the kitchen, which more than likely the girls cannot because most professional kitchen will not allow a customer into their kitchen. 

16 minutes ago, go4luca said:

I want to see Gina's day to day meal plan. I really do. She is practically anorexic. Sorry just saying As pretty as she is she needs to gain weight. I also want to know what she actually weighs and her bmi etc. I am surprised her family and doctors haven't stepped in to intervene with her yet over her body. Sorry.

• Love 3
22 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

Could the stuffed bear possibly be Abbie Bear? lol  Wishful thinking!! 

Heather gave Abbie Bear to Brennan for the off season.  (good choice!)   Quick question, is Lily not in training camp?   Did she decide not to return?   

The podcast was pretty fun to listen to and it seems like it is going to be a daily thing with different vets every time! KaShara is a great host although to be honest she almost outshines the current DCC lol. Kristin said she is still able to work 4 hours a day in the hotel so I guess some girls could figure out how to continue with work. Amanda and KaShara also brought coffee makers so it seems like girls other than Victoria brought appliances to the hotel. They also confirmed that there is only going to be about two weeks more of camp before the team is made which is pretty exciting 🙂

@vlc what makes you think Lily isn't in training camp?

• Love 3
15 hours ago, Pau84 said:

How was she flawless? She wasn’t called out because Kelli didn’t want to call her out -every single time a girl has fallen out of a turn or slipped during prems she was cut and ridiculed and yet VK got an awww!

And also, let’s not forget that she was part of the audition process and other events her whole life AND was kept until the very end of tc to learn all the dances. That was definitely done to help her as no other girl with that big of a weight gain would’ve been kept that long -although to be fair, no other girl has gained as much, so the favoritism is so evident considering that others were cut quickly for a less noticeable gain. Aaand let’s not forget she should have been cut the moment she lied to her boss’ face.  But instead, she was allowed to finish TC and then spent a whole year practicing all the dances. And let’s not forget Shelly has confirmed she was tutoring VK so I really don’t buy she never got any help with the dcc style. 

8 hours ago, SamShmam said:

Yes THANK YOU. They keep saying this is a part time job hence why we can’t pay them fairly. And yet they are supposed to give up their actual jobs, families, friends, LIVES, just so that they can spend 2 weeks focusing on the “part time gig” only? How does that even make sense?

I hope the girls that are now working reduced hours or not at all will be reimbursed by dcc for the loss of income. Otherwise,#worldclass my ass.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, veronicamers said:

My heart is really heavy right now for teachers who are faced with these really challenging circumstances. Despite how we (society) talk a big game about how important they are, we don’t generally back that up with policies that support them. I’m really hoping Taylor J. hasn't been forced to choose between sequestering for TC and continuing with her job. I agree with others who have posted that the best approach for this season would have been a vet-only squad, no auditions, no sequestered training camp. In all likelihood, they won’t be performing on the field anyway so why go through all this? Just let the vets do whatever appearances/promotions they can and just put all these machinations to rest. 

I agree.  If Kelli truly expects these girls to give up their lives (and possibly their jobs) to show up to a Training Camp that lasts maybe 3 weeks, if that, to make a squad that is not likely going to perform at a game at all this season just "for the honor" of being a DCC, then she needs to have her head examined.  No matter what she thinks, being a DCC is not worth everything she is putting these girls through.  It is NOT the most important thing in the universe, the one thing EVERY girl in America wants to be a part of and has admired her entire life, and is not worth giving up everything just for the very remote possibility that she likes you enough to put you on the squad.  Kelli could have had a veteran's only squad like so many other NFL teams and not put the girls through this, but she wanted the television show more.

• Love 7
49 minutes ago, Kitkatkitty said:

The podcast was pretty fun to listen to and it seems like it is going to be a daily thing with different vets every time! KaShara is a great host although to be honest she almost outshines the current DCC lol. Kristin said she is still able to work 4 hours a day in the hotel so I guess some girls could figure out how to continue with work. Amanda and KaShara also brought coffee makers so it seems like girls other than Victoria brought appliances to the hotel. They also confirmed that there is only going to be about two weeks more of camp before the team is made which is pretty exciting 🙂

Amanda brought the beans, the grinder and the french press🤣  I think she will be very popular:)  And I agree with you, it was a lot of fun to listen to and KaShara kept it moving pretty quickly.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6