Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

ByTor
  • Start Topic

49 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

Someone remind me what the "cow" girl's name is so I can attempt to memorize it.

Think of a cow wearing a bell and Annabelle,  lol! 

Well one thing we won't be seeing much of (hopefully, for everyone's health) is guest choreographers. Perhaps even no Melissa, or Charlotte, or Kitty (if she ever decides to return). I'd like to see Judy having much more of a voice in the decisions, but not holding my breath. 

Much as I enjoy the drama in the company of such good folks here, I'm glad the gals will not have to go through weeks and weeks of that draining emotional stress we always see by the end of months of TC. Folks that aren't chosen will be able to get on with their lives - well, as much as possible with Covid-19 still lurking.

Finally, just to see what y'all think...which THREE veterans do you think might be most in danger of being cut, assuming these rookie candidates are fantastic?

• Love 7
1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

KaShara works full time for the DCC now, but Melissa is still their showmanship coach.  I would say Melissa replaced Kitty.

Yes I guess I meant moreso replaced as being “#3” on the show? Or will Melissa also be on the show?

6 hours ago, Kitkatkitty said:

I have the chart in microsoft word and you can insert a clip-art star, I then screenshot my word document and upload it here. I'm not the best with computers but that's what I've been able to figure out lol.

I used to do social media for a local restaurant for a living and used clipart and screenshots a LOT and even I didn't think of that! Thanks!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Agent Gully said:

Finally, just to see what y'all think...which THREE veterans do you think might be most in danger of being cut, assuming these rookie candidates are fantastic?

I think Lily, Meredith (though she has a chance of staying if Kelli hasn't soured on her), and Kat.  Taylor P. would have made the list if she hadn't bolted.  Jalyn may or not be on the chopping block depending on if Kelli still hates her guts.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

image0 (5).jpeg

She has heaps of support on facebook. Lots of people commenting on this photo, could mean she get in as she is so popular, I'm fairly neutral on her but like the curly hair

3 hours ago, Agent Gully said:

I mean, if I'm being really honest the only ones I'm scared about are Lily and Meredith; and believe me, I actually like Lily lol. Meredith is beautiful but I wouldn't risk the team's reputation over someone who can't keep up, no matter how "attractive" she is.

Other than that? The only one I can think of would be Savannah. However, I don't know what the precedent is for kicking out a 4-year veteran. Racking my brain, the only two examples I can think of are Jasmine Goode, who I guess wasn't even a 4-year cause she didn't even make training camp and Erica Wilkins who ... well ... do we really need to go over all of that again? 🙄.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Kitkatkitty said:

Ok points for Marissa, I think she looks adorable in the uniform.

I was thinking the same thing!  So stinking cute! I also don't get bratty or entitled from her. I also like that's she's so open about her mental health struggles like my fave DCC Hannah. I would guess that's why her parents are so proud of her.  I'm a fan of her look... not 100% sold on her dancing yet. The clips I've seen of her dancing has strong technique, but not close the DCC style yet, but I feel like she's got what it takes to make it. Just a question of how fast she can pick up. 

• Love 6
10 hours ago, Agent Gully said:

I would say Meredith and Kat are at risk for their dancing, and Lisa because she looks awkward in the uniform. Lily seems to be a locker room favorite, so I think she’s safe.

Edited by ExtremeFajitas
Added more detail after I had coffee
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, ExtremeFajitas said:

I would say Meredith and Kat are at risk for their dancing, and Lisa because she looks awkward in the uniform. Lily seems to be a locker room favorite, so I think she’s safe.

They'd better keep Kat or there will be mutiny, LOL.  I think Lisa looked great in the uniform in that reveal video with the reggae-sounding music.  Lily seems like a nice girl, but I don't have an opinion either way.  I think the DCC could use some new blood so a few veteran cuts wouldn't bother me. 

• Love 5
33 minutes ago, Weeklydcc said:

They'd better keep Kat or there will be mutiny, LOL.  I think Lisa looked great in the uniform in that reveal video with the reggae-sounding music.  Lily seems like a nice girl, but I don't have an opinion either way.  I think the DCC could use some new blood so a few veteran cuts wouldn't bother me. 

Who would stage the mutiny?  Other DCCs or the public?  Not fighting your comment, just don't know what you mean.

Also, I think Meredith is safe.  Pretty and well-spoken for the win on a year when they likely aren't even going to dance.  Now if they were back on the field...... I haven't seen her at a game myself but others have said she doesn't keep up.

• Love 2

Not sure if any vets will be cut this year but I can also see them saying something like "even during a pandemic our vets have to re-audition and no one is safe" and then cutting a few.

I think Meredith for sure was the weakest in the past year. Kat has a solid fan base and is probably pretty safe although Darian has a similar look and if she is much better then Kat could be cut. I like Lily's personality and she is loved on the team but she would also be an easy cut. Not the biggest fan of Lisa but she should be safe with those abs. Sometimes I think Kristin looks heavy so I guess it depends on the shape she is in next week when the vets get evaluated. I don't think anyone else has suddenly become cuttable. 

• Love 9
9 hours ago, Lona said:

I mean, if I'm being really honest the only ones I'm scared about are Lily and Meredith; and believe me, I actually like Lily lol. Meredith is beautiful but I wouldn't risk the team's reputation over someone who can't keep up, no matter how "attractive" she is.

Other than that? The only one I can think of would be Savannah. However, I don't know what the precedent is for kicking out a 4-year veteran. Racking my brain, the only two examples I can think of are Jasmine Goode, who I guess wasn't even a 4-year cause she didn't even make training camp and Erica Wilkins who ... well ... do we really need to go over all of that again? 🙄.

3 minutes ago, Kitkatkitty said:

Not sure if any vets will be cut this year but I can also see them saying something like "even during a pandemic our vets have to re-audition and no one is safe" and then cutting a few.

I think Meredith for sure was the weakest in the past year. Kat has a solid fan base and is probably pretty safe although Darian has a similar look and if she is much better then Kat could be cut. I like Lily's personality and she is loved on the team but she would also be an easy cut. Not the biggest fan of Lisa but she should be safe with those abs. Sometimes I think Kristin looks heavy so I guess it depends on the shape she is in next week when the vets get evaluated. I don't think anyone else has suddenly become cuttable. 

I agree with both of these....I do think Lily and Meredith are the biggest cut risks.  I like both, esp Lily...but they are the weakest dancers on the team.  I've said it before, I don't want to see any vets cut...especially given this is a different kind of year for the team.  I would love to see all of the vets stay and them take 8 new rookies...to allow for those who may need to sit out if they get sick.  That being said, however, they may not have many events/performances to worry about anyway so they could have taken an all vet squad and been fine.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, mizzhyer said:

I agree with both of these....I do think Lily and Meredith are the biggest cut risks.  I like both, esp Lily...but they are the weakest dancers on the team.  I've said it before, I don't want to see any vets cut...especially given this is a different kind of year for the team.  I would love to see all of the vets stay and them take 8 new rookies...to allow for those who may need to sit out if they get sick.  That being said, however, they may not have many events/performances to worry about anyway so they could have taken an all vet squad and been fine.

I was thinking about them taking more girls in case someone gets covid and has to sit out, but if they practice together all week and one of them gets covid the whole team will have to quarantine, since they were all exposed. So it wouldn't really matter how many they take.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

That kick...be it Darian, Armani, Jada, or Syd....is effortless and awesome!  None of the others even come close 🙂 

Edited by mizzhyer
  • Love 23
5 minutes ago, mizzhyer said:

That kick...be it Darian, Armani, Jada, or Syd....is effortless and awesome!  None of the others even come close 🙂 

Pretty sure its Jada, she has the longest legs in TC I think. Best guess to the others would be back row: Jada, Claire D, Claire W, front row: Dani, and then no clue.

Edited by Kitkatkitty
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Kitkatkitty said:

Pretty sure its Jada, she has the longest legs in TC I think. Best guess to the others would be back row: Jada, Claire D, Claire W, front row: Dani, and then no clue.

That's who I was thinking it probably was based on the college dance team audition video she had posted on her page ...her legs go on for days!! (Plus she's one of my faves!)🙂

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Jesiklyn said:

She has heaps of support on facebook. Lots of people commenting on this photo, could mean she get in as she is so popular, I'm fairly neutral on her but like the curly hair

It depends where you look on FB.  I've seen plenty who don't care for her.

As for her mental health post shared before going into training camp.....let's just say I'm leery of anyone who posts something like that so close to entering TC.  Could be real.  Could be for attention grabbing. 🤷‍♀️

I also don't care for helicopter parents.  I literally howled when someone asked a poster in one of the FB groups if Marissa's Mom paid her to make her glowing Marissa comments.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

I wonder if there was a veteran move for finals this year. I always thought it would be great if they incorporated a move from the big pom days.

They will do their solos apparently in training camp 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, mizzhyer said:

It is Jada.  I got this info from someone who knows her and went to the same dance studio.

• Useful 2
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, mizzhyer said:

That's who I was thinking it probably was based on the college dance team audition video she had posted on her page ...her legs go on for days!! (Plus she's one of my faves!)🙂

It is Jada.  I confirmed this with someone who grew up in the same dance studio

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Christineelgene said:

It is Jada.  I got this info from someone who knows her and went to the same dance studio.

Jada has PERFECT kicks! Dare I say, Lacey level kicks, and just like Lacey, Jada is on the slender side. TPTB would be crazy not to have Jada, the golden standard compliant TCC, on the team!

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Holly85 said:

I can't see the girl's face with the curly hair center frame but her hair, her body and her kicks are perfection.

ETA ok it's apparently Jada. I now have my TC favorite.

Edited by SamShmam
Name
  • Love 7
53 minutes ago, SamShmam said:

I can't see the girl's face with the curly hair center frame but her hair, her body and her kicks are perfection.

ETA ok it's apparently Jada. I now have my TC favorite.

I'm pretty sure this is the same girl with the extra pop in her dancing in the video the other day. She's def got it and will be a star.

The other two blondes at the back also have good kicks but the blonde closest to the camera in front is very low and the girl beside her only slightly better. If the front blonde is the same who didn't do full down splits then shes in serious trouble and very likely to be cut.

Edited by Jesiklyn
Typo
  • Love 5
16 hours ago, Agent Gully said:

Think of a cow wearing a bell and Annabelle,  lol! 

Well one thing we won't be seeing much of (hopefully, for everyone's health) is guest choreographers. Perhaps even no Melissa, or Charlotte, or Kitty (if she ever decides to return). I'd like to see Judy having much more of a voice in the decisions, but not holding my breath. 

Much as I enjoy the drama in the company of such good folks here, I'm glad the gals will not have to go through weeks and weeks of that draining emotional stress we always see by the end of months of TC. Folks that aren't chosen will be able to get on with their lives - well, as much as possible with Covid-19 still lurking.

Meredith, Lilly and Lisa. 

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, Jesiklyn said:

I'm pretty sure this is the same girl with the extra pop in her dancing in the video the other day. She's def got it and will be a star.

Please TPTB, keep this one and let her keep her natural hair.  She is a true standout just as she is.

• Love 14
9 minutes ago, Muckypup61 said:

Can someone post a picture of the socially distancing kick line? When I click on the link, all I get is a frowning face.

Here's a screen grab since it's a video.

kickline v3.jpg

Edited by go4luca
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Jesiklyn said:

The other two blondes at the back also have good kicks but the blonde closest to the camera in front is very low and the girl beside her only slightly better. If the front blonde is the same who didn't do full down splits then shes in serious trouble and very likely to be cut.

I think that the girl in the front of this video is Armani since she has shorter legs and hair than Jada in the kicking video. Either way I like them both!

• Useful 2
  • Love 7