Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

ByTor
  • Start Topic

On 8/9/2020 at 10:08 PM, EricaShadows said:

I don't know if this came out the way you meant it to, but I have to question why anyone needs 1 suitcase per day of clothes when they're not going anywhere either before or after their "work day" and have a set of clothes provided them to wear for at least part of the day.  What are they doing to need that many clothes, especially in such an environment?  The only person I know who takes anywhere NEAR that much on a trip usually takes only one suitcase, a purse and a makeup bag/kit and that's for around a week or more.  

Yep, I’m laughing at the pile of suitcases. Maybe she’s changing every few hours? 🤣

• LOL 2
12 hours ago, TexasLonghorn94 said:

Yes she is a teacher. I too wonder if she couldn’t go to training camp. 

Just asked her , she said that’s an old video she’s auditioning and at training camp !! 👏🏼🙌🏼

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, veronicamers said:

My heart is really heavy right now for teachers who are faced with these really challenging circumstances. Despite how we (society) talk a big game about how important they are, we don’t generally back that up with policies that support them. I’m really hoping Taylor J. hasn't been forced to choose between sequestering for TC and continuing with her job. I agree with others who have posted that the best approach for this season would have been a vet-only squad, no auditions, no sequestered training camp. In all likelihood, they won’t be performing on the field anyway so why go through all this? Just let the vets do whatever appearances/promotions they can and put all these machinations to rest. 

She’s auditioning, just asked her! I was worried too.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Kitkatkitty said:

🙂

@vlc what makes you think Lily isn't in training camp?

I noticed this afternoon her instagram account no longer says *Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader*?    

• Useful 2
32 minutes ago, Laurendcc said:

She’s auditioning, just asked her! I was worried too.

She has a video on her IG showing her babysitting 🤷🏼‍♀️
How is she not in he bubble? 

ABC5521E-BCB9-4BF0-A78D-A7AA1DD83B9E.jpeg

Edited by Carnival Girl
4 hours ago, Kitkatkitty said:

The podcast was pretty fun to listen to and it seems like it is going to be a daily thing with different vets every time! KaShara is a great host although to be honest she almost outshines the current DCC lol. Kristin said she is still able to work 4 hours a day in the hotel so I guess some girls could figure out how to continue with work. Amanda and KaShara also brought coffee makers so it seems like girls other than Victoria brought appliances to the hotel. They also confirmed that there is only going to be about two weeks more of camp before the team is made which is pretty exciting 🙂

Same. It was actually a cute podcast.  KaShara still got her sparkle! That girl could seriously make stamp collecting exciting lol.  I really hope she becomes a judge next season and replaces Melissa Rycroft Strickland as the showmanship coach.  Not bashing Melissa, but I feel like its been a long while since she's been a DCC. And she's not even really famous for being that. Kash was GL, ROTY, Point, Pro Bowl cheerleader, and still very much involved with the organization. I feel like she could relate to the girls on a deeper level than Melissa. 

I also like that some of the rookies we didn't see much on the show were the first guest on the podcast, like Chandi. I love Chandi and her curly hair! It really suits her. Alanna was adorable as usual, and its always nice to see Amanda.  I'm glad Kristin is able to work from the hotel part-time. I assume if you are lucky enough to already work from home, the bubble isn't going to be a huge inconvenience, providing they have access to decent WIFI.

Edited by MeeMee2
Spelling
  • Love 21
1 hour ago, dbell1 said:

Yep, I’m laughing at the pile of suitcases. Maybe she’s changing every few hours? 🤣

Please, you just made me laugh. I just woke up for work and it made me laugh out really loud and its only 5.41am here in UK and now I just have a picture of VK on her period and that it is "super heavy" hence all the suitcases ......

Sorry I will get back on topic now

• LOL 3
14 hours ago, SamShmam said:

Am I the only one who sees the sheer insanity in sequestering oneself in a hotel away from careers, pets, home, family, for the sole purpose of dancing half naked on a football field for virtually no money for an audience that may or may not exist? No? Just me? Okay. I love all this pageantry as much as anyone but sometimes the reality kind of smacks me upside the head. 

Lmao yes but this is how I feel about the show in general. Like I actually have huge issues with how the DCC is run as an organization AND don’t really like NFL cheerleading as a general concept, but I love this show?? idk man it’s confusing 😂

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 10
4 hours ago, vlc said:

I noticed this afternoon her instagram account no longer says *Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader*?    

I hope so tbh. She's one of the weakest dancers on the team, doesn't have the DCC look, and although I'm sure she's a very sweet girl she doesn't have the charisma/personality to make up for it either.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, UK-Fan said:

It maybe a smart idea in this situation but also a massive health and safety issue. What if the microwave she brought does not pass health and safety checks? I remember when I moved into university halls all of our electric items have to do a test and if it doesn't pass it gets taken off us. Because the halls does not want a fire hazard. I know one girl who spent £150 on a bedside lamp. It was brand new and it works but it didn't pass that electrical health and safety test and it got taken off her. I used to work as a chef and I still have friends in the industry and they all have to do a massive deep clean before and after service now because of the pandemic, which is safe of them.

Surely the cowboys could talk to the kitchen staff to provide a microwave and have it in the restaurant area for them to use especially if they cannot use the kitchen, which more than likely the girls cannot because most professional kitchen will not allow a customer into their kitchen. 

I want to see Gina's day to day meal plan. I really do. She is practically anorexic. Sorry just saying As pretty as she is she needs to gain weight. I also want to know what she actually weighs and her bmi etc. I am surprised her family and doctors haven't stepped in to intervene with her yet over her body. Sorry.

Trust me, I understand safety/hazard  regulations all too well.  IT even had to check out my little fan I keep at my desk in the hospital.  My guess, is a lot of hotels are removing microwaves from the rooms right now.  I know the few of my friends who are choosing to travel currently are complaining about no microwaves and no coffee makers.  They were, in fact, told to bring their own if they wanted them in their rooms...they just have to be US Standard Plugs.  That's what I'm going by right now.  Plus...I have, in all of my years of taking appliances to a hotel with me (I took a microwave to Disney World because they only provide them on a first come first serve basis) never had to check one in or have it inspected. I don't think hotels are quite as stringent as hospitals. 

That sucks that they took her brand new lamp 😞  I'd hate to spend that kind of money on a lamp only to have it confiscated.  I was a Resident Assistant when I was in college and we had to do room inspections.  We had to tell  them to remove the offending appliance but we never took them ourselves.  

Edited by mizzhyer
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, veronicamers said:

My heart is really heavy right now for teachers who are faced with these really challenging circumstances. Despite how we (society) talk a big game about how important they are, we don’t generally back that up with policies that support them. I’m really hoping Taylor J. hasn't been forced to choose between sequestering for TC and continuing with her job. I agree with others who have posted that the best approach for this season would have been a vet-only squad, no auditions, no sequestered training camp. In all likelihood, they won’t be performing on the field anyway so why go through all this? Just let the vets do whatever appearances/promotions they can and put all these machinations to rest. 

Mine too...my sister in law is a second grade teacher.  They were set to start in person learning on August 24th but our governor (KY) just recommended not beginning in person learning for at least six more weeks.  She has an 8 yr old and a 14 yr old...she was perfectly ok with this.  She wants to be in the classroom with her kids, but she wants to be safe.  😞 

Edited by mizzhyer
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, MeeMee2 said:

Same. It was actually a cute podcast.  KaShara still got her sparkle! That girl could seriously make stamp collecting exciting lol.  I really hope she becomes a judge next season and replaces Melissa Rycroft Strickland as the showmanship coach.  Not bashing Melissa, but I feel like its been a long while since she's been a DCC. And she's not even really famous for being that. Kash was GL, ROTY, Point, Pro Bowl cheerleader, and still very much involved with the organization. I feel like she could relate to the girls on a deeper level than Melissa. 

I also like that some of the rookies we didn't see much on the show were the first guest on the podcast, like Chandi. I love Chandi and her curly hair! It really suits her. Alanna was adorable as usual, and its always nice to see Amanda.  I'm glad Kristin is able to work from the hotel part-time. I assume if you are lucky enough to already work from home, the bubble isn't going to be a huge inconvenience, providing they have access to decent WIFI.

I would MUCH rather see KaShara as a mentor/showmanship coach any day!!!  I just do not like MRS....she makes me cringe everytime I see her face. 

• Love 17

Lily may be one of the weakest dancers, (along with Meredith) but I hope she is in TC.  I like her and she has improved from what I've seen over the past year.  Meredith...she still has memory issues, her vocal fry drives me insane, but I like her as well.  I don't want to see either one of these girls gone.  Lookswise,  I'm a plain Jane myself, so I pull for the girls who aren't so glam 🙂 

• Love 15
7 hours ago, bunny said:

Lmao yes but this is how I feel about the show in general. Like I actually have huge issues with how the DCC is run as an organization AND don’t really like NFL cheerleading as a general concept, but I love this show?? idk man it’s confusing 😂

I am an Eagles fan!  We HATE the Dallas Cowboys but I cannot get enough of this show, too!!!  LOL  I like the girls and what they do but man, I cringe hard core when they remind me what they really stand for.  😆

Poor Amanda (she's from the same area as I am) must really, really love dance because I doubt she grew up liking the DC!

Edited by itsweird
weird sentence
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, Weeklydcc said:

This is all true, but it shows how much it means to the ladies, rookies and vets alike.  After all, no one put a gun to their heads.  Kelli will eat this up and as dangerous as it is, this will be the most interesting MTT ever.  I just pray everyone stays healthy.  

Yeah, I don't wanna be too much of a stick in the mud about it, after all...here we all are watching it, but this DCC addiction does border heavily on pathological. The only difference is they're in TC and we're not. Same lunacy, different coordinates.

Now about Lilly, I'll be really bummed if she's out. If she did it to protect her health on any level, I totally respect her, but I'd miss her.

13 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

Yes THANK YOU. They keep saying this is a part time job hence why we can’t pay them fairly. And yet they are supposed to give up their actual jobs, families, friends, LIVES, just so that they can spend 2 weeks focusing on the “part time gig” only? How does that even make sense?

Yeah, all of this. I'm probably the nuttiest squirrel in the nuthouse but I have to just acknowledge the nut factor here.

Edited by SamShmam
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, mizzhyer said:

Lily may be one of the weakest dancers, (along with Meredith) but I hope she is in TC.  I like her and she has improved from what I've seen over the past year.  Meredith...she still has memory issues, her vocal fry drives me insane, but I like her as well.  I don't want to see either one of these girls gone.  Lookswise,  I'm a plain Jane myself, so I pull for the girls who aren't so glam 🙂 

Completely, I agree. I mean, not about you being a plain Jane, I'm not exactly in a position to judge. But about Lilly. I really appreciate her presence. I think she and Brennan bring a more mature, relatable, womanly presence. 

OT: Is anyone else seeing the freaking Siesta Key commercials 24/7 on Pluto? If I hear "You think you did nothing wrooooong, think about what I SAW" and "I have so many QUEST-YEEEUUNNSS" one more time I'm going to go bananas. Like bitch, WHAT DID YOU SEE?! AX YO DAMN QUESTIONS! Give me some peace!

I digress.

• LOL 17
  • Love 5
31 minutes ago, SamShmam said:

"I have so many QUEST-YEEEUUNNSS" one more time I'm going to go bananas."

I digress.

That line/clip is about to drive me postal.  Obviously you have questions.  You appear to have the intelligence of a turnip.

I wish we had more intel on cuts.  With a shorter TC, you'd think K&J would be plowing through to get the numbers down.  Really curious of any vet cuts and if it will happen.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

I really enjoyed the podcast but was pretty unimpressed with the audio. I also HATE how on DCC podcasts they "go round" and ask everyone the same question. So boring and also so amateur, hope Kash steps it up because I like her so much. I also hope they talk more about the logistics of the bubble. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, vlc said:

There are several that do not say “Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader” on their Instagram

Ashlee, Hannah, Lilly, Kat, and Meredith (I haven’t checked the whole team yet)

Not sure if we should read something into this or not.  I love Kat and her over the top personality!  And Ashlee and Hannah go without saying, love them both.

Edited by aimeelou625
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, aimeelou625 said:

There are several that do not say “Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader” on their Instagram

Lilly, Kat, and Meredith (I haven’t checked the whole team yet)

Not sure if we should read something into this or not.  I love Kat and her over the top personality!

Alanna, Ashlee, Briana, Caroline, Hannah, Rachel A, Rachel W., ...none of them have it listed on their IG accounts either.  I just think some of them don't feel the need to broadcast it all over social media 🙂  All of their DCC twitter accounts are still active. 

Edited by mizzhyer
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, itsweird said:

I am an Eagles fan!  We HATE the Dallas Cowboys but I cannot get enough of this show, too!!!  LOL  I like the girls and what they do but man, I cringe hard core when they remind me what they really stand for.  😆

Poor Amanda (she's from the same area as I am) must really, really love dance because I doubt she grew up liking the DC!

So I’m a huge Dallas fan I went to the Dallas eagles game and honestly sitting next to an eagles fan was the highlight of my night we had so much fun !!:) 

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, mizzhyer said:

Alanna, Ashlee, Briana, Caroline, Hannah, Rachel A, Rachel W., ...none of them have it listed on their IG accounts either.  I just think some of them don't feel the need to broadcast it all over social media 🙂  All of their DCC twitter accounts are still active. 

Me too!

• Love 1
3 hours ago, itsweird said:

As hard as it is to believe, someone in her family said that they have always been Cowboys fans.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, SamShmam said:

OT: Is anyone else seeing the freaking Siesta Key commercials 24/7 on Pluto? If I hear "You think you did nothing wrooooong, think about what I SAW" and "I have so many QUEST-YEEEUUNNSS" one more time I'm going to go bananas. Like bitch, WHAT DID YOU SEE?! AX YO DAMN QUESTIONS! Give me some peace!

Those are driving me NUTS!  I watch the Pluto MTV channel once in a while (sometimes they show old episodes of Real World) and the other day, Siesta Key started right after the RW episode I was watching.  I was busy cooking so I didn't change the channel right away, but OMG it was the most boring 10 minutes of a reality show I think I've ever seen.  It was just rich kids sitting around asking each other, "Did you hear that so-and-so is going out with so-and-so?" I think I lost brain cells.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, SamShmam said:

7 minutes ago, aeroluv327 said:

Those are driving me NUTS!  I watch the Pluto MTV channel once in a while (sometimes they show old episodes of Real World) and the other day, Siesta Key started right after the RW episode I was watching.  I was busy cooking so I didn't change the channel right away, but OMG it was the most boring 10 minutes of a reality show I think I've ever seen.  It was just rich kids sitting around asking each other, "Did you hear that so-and-so is going out with so-and-so?" I think I lost brain cells.

AMEN.....stop with the Siesta Key commercials Pluto.  Also, I hate to admit it but it took me FOREVER to realize those 2 blondes weren't twins.

*Gets back on topic*

Does anyone know how long training camp last this year?

• LOL 3
21 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

AMEN.....stop with the Siesta Key commercials Pluto.  Also, I hate to admit it but it took me FOREVER to realize those 2 blondes weren't twins.

*Gets back on topic*

Does anyone know how long training camp last this year?

On the podcast yesterday they said something like 3 weeks but no clue if that includes the week the rookies were there or if it is three weeks from yesterday. If it includes last week, then the team should be finalized sometime next week which is exciting. It also means that there has probably been more cuts but no one is posting about it. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, Kitkatkitty said:

On the podcast yesterday they said something like 3 weeks but no clue if that includes the week the rookies were there or if it is three weeks from yesterday. If it includes last week, then the team should be finalized sometime next week which is exciting. It also means that there has probably been more cuts but no one is posting about it. 

When Brianna did the vet vlog she mentioned they were waiting on deliberations so I’m sure there was cuts then 

Edited by Holly85
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, itsweird said:

South Jersey resident here too! Also here just for DCC MTT only 😜   

18 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Oh boy.  Here we go.

p.s.:  Can we get new material so the "I'm so excited" line can be poofed into oblivion?  Pretty please?

She seems awkward speaking.  Others are more fluid. 

• Love 7
23 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Oh boy.  Here we go.

p.s.:  Can we get new material so the "I'm so excited" line can be poofed into oblivion?  Pretty please?

Shocker it took so long for her to be the featured takeover (note the sarcasm here) bless her heart she really doesn't do well left on her own. She's really very awkward.  And feeling blessed that we get to follow along while she does her hair and makeup...

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

I agree.  If Kelli truly expects these girls to give up their lives (and possibly their jobs) to show up to a Training Camp that lasts maybe 3 weeks, if that, to make a squad that is not likely going to perform at a game at all this season just "for the honor" of being a DCC, then she needs to have her head examined.  No matter what she thinks, being a DCC is not worth everything she is putting these girls through.  It is NOT the most important thing in the universe, the one thing EVERY girl in America wants to be a part of and has admired her entire life, and is not worth giving up everything just for the very remote possibility that she likes you enough to put you on the squad.  Kelli could have had a veteran's only squad like so many other NFL teams and not put the girls through this, but she wanted the television show more.

How about those vets that have jetted all over the country during this time off, vacations ( uhm uhm), teaching dance, participating in weddings?  They have sequestered the TCC for a week now and luckily no one is sick, and then WHAM in come the vets and immediately exposing the poor TCC who have been away from everyone and healthy to this point.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, TB12 said:

And feeling blessed that we get to follow along while she does her hair and makeup...

I had a comment all ready to post in regards to needing a Vic GRWM video like I need a hole in my head.  Then @SamShmam came on and put anything I could possibly have come up with into oblivion. #PostOfTheDay 😂

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
21 minutes ago, SamShmam said:

Christ, Victoria. Mug enough in those vids? Those Barbizon modeling lessons Tina got you are really paying off. "Follow along as I do my hair and makeup!". I'd rather give birth to a porcupine. In reverse. 

How self aware is she if she thinks anyone wants to follow along as she does her hair and makeup? Her hair always looks unbrushed and fried and her makeup looks just pink blush all across her cheek with more pink shadow AND pink lipstick. And awful fake eyelashes. Nobody wants to emulate that, thank you very much.

6 minutes ago, TB12 said:

Shocker it took so long for her to be the featured takeover (note the sarcasm here) bless her heart she really doesn't do well left on her own. She's really very awkward.  And feeling blessed that we get to follow along while she does her hair and makeup...

It doesn’t look like they have enough time in tc to let every vet take over. Yet of course, VK, a 2nd year hopeful goes third even though they have multiple upper vets from 3 to 5 years to choose from. It’s just so infuriating because we know tenure is everything to dcc and rookies are always treated as second class citizens and yet VK has been treated as a senior vet all along.

• LOL 3
  • Love 11