Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E12: Roman Rumors

• Start Topic

On 7/31/2020 at 3:29 PM, The Ringo Kidd said:

A very succinct and comprehensive    explanation of what a fraud and grifter Teddy Mellencamp really is for people who don’t know.

Remember this the next time she starts lecturing about morality and accountability.

What does Teddy's husband do?

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

He is a security system salesman who cases out clients so they can get burgled and then have to hire him.

Just  like he did to Kyle and Maugreasio.

Oh...

I see he keeps Teddy knocked up.

JCM has a Daughter who's a Scammer.

Last I read, the sons he has with ex-wife Elaine Irwin are hellions.

Teddy must be from his 2nd marriage.

• LOL 2
22 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

Speaking of fit, I was a bit surprised at how hard Teddi was working out this far along in her pregnancy.  What I had always seen as dedication now seems like an obsession, and after seeing the posts about her business and so-called fitness plan... yikes.  I hope her baby turned out healthy at least

The baby had a health issue unrelated to how hard Teddi works out.  There's more info in the media thread but she's fine now.

Anyway, about Teddi's workout, I believe current opinion regarding healthy pregnancies is that the mother can continue similar physical activities that she performed before she got pregnant as long as it's comfortable for her.  A pregnant woman probably shouldn't start something like running three miles a day if it's new to her but someone who ran three miles before pregnancy can continue that workout well into pregnancy. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

I have thought about this show from a corporate office atmosphere:

Bravo is the the corporation and CEO.

Kyle & Rinna are senior employees.

Bravo hires newbie Denise and they (Kyle & Rinna) are not happy that Denise is being brought in at a level ( 4 million for 4 years) and  to appease them Bravo tells them that if after Denise is done filming her first season and Bravo in not happy with the return on their monies spent on her they will release her and up the others contracts.

Bravo decides after the first season to cut Denise loose but can't do it because Denise has fulfilled her contractual obligations.

Bravo then goes to Kyle & Rinna and expresses to them that Denise cannot be "fired" however if Denise were to break her contract and leave the show then she's gone.

Golly gosh , how to go about getting Denise to leave the show (most contracts that we have seen from Bravo state that they can control how the show is edited and what is shown-how convient)

Loyal employees Kyle & Rinna (most likely with help from the inside) concoct several scenarios to bring on to camera to make Denise look bad and want to quit. Mommy shaming gate which went nowhere, threesome set up leading to Brandigate which is also will probably just turn into a fart in the wind.

I hope Denise holds her ground and stays. Kyle & Rinna (Teddi as well) being gone next season as compensation for not taking legal action,Or she forces Bravos hand and they have to pay her $$$ to release her from her contract for the next two year.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10

I am not a Teddi fan, especially after what she did to LVP last season. However, I do admire (I use that term loosely) the way that she has come up with a real business. Unlike many HW businesses, think clothing lines or skin care, Teddi has a business for which people pay real money. It may not be to our tastes (I think it ludicrous that anyone would pay that much to email photos of food etc.), but apparently people pay money to do this. 

Edited by janiema
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
On 7/29/2020 at 7:32 PM, DivaLasVegas82 said:

While I wish Teddi had talked to Denise privately so the dinner wouldn't have turned into a gang up, if there was even a one percent doubt in my mind that Denise was lying, it was answered tonight. That woman is clearly hiding something. I don't know why Denise thinks she can control what does and doesn't get shown on the show. She's a cast member--not one of the producers. Denise certainly has a right to keep certain things to herself, but she's so evasive and contradictory in terms of her life that I don't know what is and isn't real with her.

I think this is exactly what she's aiming for.  Nobody's buying her outright denial so she just obfuscates instead.

Denise got a big fat long-term contract out of Bravo to do this gig, so maybe she believed she had some weight to throw around.  She's finding out now that her contract isn't conveying the clout she thought she would have being the highest paid of the group.  Truth be told, I don't think she has any option but to return next season so all her talk about maybe not returning is just another one of her bluffs.

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

Question:  When Denise kept saying "Bravo!  Bravo!", was that an attempt to not get them to air it, as that's breaking the 4th wall?  Was she assuming that by breaking the 4th wall, they wouldn't air it, if she said something on camera specifically to break the 4th wall?

Yes, that's what I thought too, except it doesn't always work, or it's not working this season because Ramona did the same shit during her birthday party, when drunken Sonja was dancing on a table and smashing a mirrored tray into shards, Ramona was hissing at the cameraman, "SHUT IT DOWN RIGHT NOW OR I'LL FUCKING QUIT THE SHOW RIGHT NOW!" And they aired that this week too, so it seems like it's not working as a strategy right now.

I hope Denise holds her ground and stays. Kyle & Rinna (Teddi as well) being gone next season as compensation for not taking legal action,Or she forces Bravos hand and they have to pay her $$$ to release her from her contract for the next two year.

Me too!

Edited by gingerella
  • Love 8
8 hours ago, MrsRafaelBarba said:

Oh...

I see he keeps Teddy knocked up.

JCM has a Daughter who's a Scammer.

Last I read, the sons he has with ex-wife Elaine Irwin are hellions.

Teddy must be from his 2nd marriage.

As great at JCM's music was in the 80's that spoke to working class angst, he certainly doesn't win parent of the year.  One kid I can understand, but when both your sons are violent thugs with multiple arrests and citations, then parenting is obviously lacking. 

My understanding that part of Teddi's falling out with LVP had to do with Teddi trying to angle a role for one of her brothers on Vanderpump Rules and LVP took a pass. Would love to know if that was ever corroborated and might have been part of the reason Teddi turned on her. Wouldn't be surprised at all. Grifter's gotta grift.

:Like her husband's "security" business, Teddi's "accountability coaching" is just another MLM/Pyramid scheme to shame women (and maybe a few gay men) into paying her to convince them to develop eating disorders. That's the only thing I've gathered from what little we've seen of the sham cult she's shown us on TV. Didn't she try to play off the bad Yelp reviews of her husband's business as retribution from LVP fans even though most if not all of them were posted before she was even on the show?

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
11 hours ago, gingerella said:

Yes, that's what I thought too, except it doesn't always work, or it's not working this season because Ramona did the same shit during her birthday party, when drunken Sonja was dancing on a table and smashing a mirrored tray into shards, Ramona was hissing at the cameraman, "SHUT IT DOWN RIGHT NOW OR I'LL FUCKING QUIT THE SHOW RIGHT NOW!" And they aired that this week too, so it seems like it's not working as a strategy right now.

Me too!

I think that production basically flipped the script this season with all of these shows, without letting the talent know.  At some point, production recognized that all of them were trying to control the narrative by assuming that the show won't allow them to talk about the show on the show.  So production recognized that they were going to have to break the fourth wall and acknowledge that these people are being filmed, rather than pretending like that wasn't happening.

So production changed the rules on Denise, Ramona, etc., without letting them know what was happening. I do think it was the right thing to do. Too often, these story lines were becoming incoherent because the women were talking about the impact of being on the show was having on their lives but having to talk around it because production didn't want to break the fourth wall.  So by finally allowing them to break the fourth wall, the conflicts were becoming more understandable. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 7

Am I the only one that finds Denise completely boring?  She seems kind of like an aloof airhead to me and nothing she does is particularly engaging or entertaining.  I think Bravo is probably sort of regretting spending that much dough on her, and I think they figure if SHE won't bring it herself, they will use her 'off camera' activities to bring some interest.  I also don't really see why any of the other ladies would have a reason to be that envious of her either.  Her acting career is basically D-list now and it doesn't seem like she has all that much money based on her home as compared to most of the others.  

I agree with Rinna to a certain extent that her 'happy ending'/'giant penis' persona from last season has completely changed.  Makes me wonder if Aaron was embarrassed by that last season and that's why she's totally changed this season and Aaron shows up to so many events.  I find him kind of creepy.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Joan van Snark said:

Am I the only one that finds Denise completely boring?  She seems kind of like an aloof airhead to me and nothing she does is particularly engaging or entertaining.  I think Bravo is probably sort of regretting spending that much dough on her, and I think they figure if SHE won't bring it herself, they will use her 'off camera' activities to bring some interest.  I also don't really see why any of the other ladies would have a reason to be that envious of her either.  Her acting career is basically D-list now and it doesn't seem like she has all that much money based on her home as compared to most of the others.  

I agree with Rinna to a certain extent that her 'happy ending'/'giant penis' persona from last season has completely changed.  Makes me wonder if Aaron was embarrassed by that last season and that's why she's totally changed this season and Aaron shows up to so many events.  I find him kind of creepy.  

I don't find her boring, but I agree she's not super extroverted, so I can see that being less entertaining. But boing as a person? No. Drama bringer for this show? I think so. Anyhoo.

I guess I could agree with Rinna that Denise is less "happy endings/giant penis" this season, but that's the end of my agreement. Denise may have decided to show a different face this season, and if so, I think it's more likely that she did it to save her kids (or maybe Aaron) from further embarrassment than she did to curry favour with fans. It seems more likely to me that, Rinna "imma buy 500,000 Twitter followers to appear more popular" would be concerned with such dumbassery would think to do that, so her head goes there.  I don't see Denise as the type who a) needs to buy followers or b) would. Shrug.  And if her kids were embarrassed, and she changed her behavior because of that, then very good for her. 

I think these women especially, Kyle and Rinna have plenty to envy (but I think "resent" is a more accurate word) about Denise. If the rumors of her huge salary are true, there's that. If there's a desire to have the fans' support, there's that.  I think many people make a fuss about how naturally beautiful she is as well. That one doesn't seem very fair to me, I don't think a person is somehow "better" because she doesn't need cosmetic enhancement, but side issue because there is still that factor as well. I think Kyle and co. in a weird way had an unspoken assumption-expectation re: Denise: they accepted Denise was pretty, sure, but not *GLAM* famous, yes, but a star on the decline.  But they'd still be able to hang onto that kind of pearl clutching angle, that somehow, pretty, famous Denise, with her happy endings and her hookers at Thanksgiving, is a just a little, well, sordid. They expected the fans to choose them and their high falutin' Beverly Hills ways over the jeans wearing, penis exhaulting Denise. And they were pissed and resentful when the viewers didn't.

Edited by Jel
  • Useful 3
  • Love 13

I don’t know what’s true about Denise’s pay, but some speculate there’s jealousy of the amount she got as a newbie, and it made the ladies extra mad that she would leave events. 

I also believe people like Kyle get jealous of anyone who takes attention away, for any reason. Kyle is so pretty and rich. But there’s a pattern. She got jealous of Brandi walking in and getting attention being “younger and prettier” according to some (Paul Nassif being one lol). She was jealous of Vanderpump and how she was the fan favorite year after year and got a spin-off. I also think she gets weird with Erika due to jealousy and short and snappy with Dorit due to jealousy. I know they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I always say Denise is the most naturally beautiful (along with Garcelle). Dorit and Erika are also beautiful women with great figures and femininity. Kyle prefers women who won’t outshine her. Go back to season one, and Kyle’s always gotten along better with women not deemed the sexy ones on the show or fan favorite. I believe if Denise were to leave this season, Kyle’s next target would be Dorit and then Erika. 

Teddi will follow Kyle as far as her attitude toward people. It’s like watching an 8-year-old not know what to the without a way older sibling. Sadly, although she’s the youngest, Teddi is still a grown woman approaching 40, wife, mother of multiple kids, and a successful “accountability coach.” She still can’t think for herself on this show. 

Rinna loves being famous more than anything and seems competitive too. I cut her slack before with Vanderpump stuff because we don’t know what’s true with what happened behind the scenes. But Denise has been her friend for 20 years, and this is how she treats her?! 

I don’t know if Erika is jealous so much as she has a temper and hates criticism. I think it’s highly possible she’s been cold with Denise for different reasons. With Vanderpump, I couldn’t tell if her personality simply rubbed Erika the wrong way, if it was Yolanda’s warnings, or if she was jealous of how taken Tom was with Vanderpump. Anyhow, she’s also said she doesn’t like having women friends because they’re always competitive and difficult. I agree women can be that way (look at this show), but I do get suspicious any time a woman speaks so negatively about her own gender. Often it’s because they’re the difficult, jealous ones themselves. No, an entire gender isn’t bad!

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Useful 2
  • Love 12
On 7/30/2020 at 12:27 PM, blixie said:

And honesty she's low key a camp-satirical genius (including and especially her Bond Girl), like Starship Troopers, Wild Things, Drop Dead Gorgeous, and Undercover Brother are all 10/10 movies in my book and and Tammy and the T-Rex is a trashterpiece. And truly think the only reason her career ever tapered even a little is because she chose to be a single mom for her two girls, adopt a third special needs child, and temp foster two OTHER special needs children by her asshole disaster area ex. That was when she segued to having her E! show and soaps, both steadier, less demanding but still good pay. She's sort of throw back gossipy pin up girl, an icon as much based on her dramatic real life as she is for her work on screen. None of this was happening with the ladies last year, but they all watched it back and saw the response to Denise as a cast member and suddenly she's enemy #1 and desperate to be back on this how for years bitch Brandi suddenly has story about what a backstabbing cheating whore DFR is and everyone decides to cosign BG when they all either hate her or don't know her from Adam.

And one of my favorite shit-covered jewels, Valentine.  A horror film but so full of unintentional giggles I watch it any time it's on.  

Not related to your post but regarding Sutton spreading "gossip" in her talking head, I believe those segments are filmed after the rest of the season's filming is completed.  Thus, she wasn't spreading any gossip at all, surreptitiously or covertly.  By the time that segment was filmed, I'm pretty sure every single person had heard the rumor.  I felt Sutton was just demonstrating that, although she had heard the rumor herself, she didn't give the rumor any legs and kept it to herself.  

I'm not a huge Sutton fan, but I'm cutting her a break on this point.  I like to think one of these heifers has a scintilla of character, so I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt on this one.  

Spoiler

Gawd almighty, I can't wait until next week after seeing the previews where Denise tells these shrews that Brandi told her she had slept with a few housewives that were at the table...She's probably bullshitting, but even if she is, what a way to flip the script on these harpies 😄 

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 4
  • Love 9
On 7/30/2020 at 3:11 PM, dmeets said:

Mikey, Erika's often-seen BFF, is described as her "creative director" when we see him watching Erika get glammed up in her hotel room.

Any other posters remember his appearance on the OC franchise, when Gretchen was asked to perform with the Pussycat Dolls and Mikey was in charge of the rehearsal....

And discovered to his extreme dismay that Gretchen could neither sing nor dance.  😂

At least with Erika, she does seem to be able to dance, so I guess he lost the proverbial battle with Gretchen but won the war with Erika.  

• Love 2
On 7/31/2020 at 11:55 AM, RealHousewife said:

These women will be sorry if Brandi becomes a full-time cast member, and it will be their turn to deal with Brandi's cruelty. 

Well, but Kyle can just remind them all of the fact that Brandy is a bastion of truth and never lies. 

It might be worth the price of admission just seeing Kyle have to eat some crow after that ridiculous assertion.  She must think the viewers are as dumb as she is a box of rocks.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, Jel said:

It seems more likely to me that, Rinna "imma buy 500,000 Twitter followers to appear more popular" would be concerned with such dumbassery would think to do that

And if her 500,000 Twitter followers don’t satiate her need for nonstop attention, There is always Instagram, where she is endlessly posting photos and videos of herself in as little clothing as possible. This one is from today and it is not the first time she has posted this photo

942D2766-65FB-4D21-9F56-D0423C21E911.jpeg

• LOL 2
50 minutes ago, dosodog said:

I believe it was Rinna that sold the story to Radar Online.

1.  How convenient to have a scene with Harry Hamlin about "who benefits from the leak".  

2.  She waves to the paparazzi which tends to make me think she tries to be friendly and accommodating. Always the hustler.

3.  Radar Online said it was a housewife who leaked the story.  Just not Lisa Vanderpump.  The other ladies ran with the story, but got real quiet when Radar disputed who did the leaks.

4.  Leaks. Who advertised adult diapers and leaking?  Rinna did.  She knows her leaks.

I rest my case.

That was a tough call between laugh and like! I wish we could do both. I could totally see Rinna as the leaker as she is not above throwing a cast mate under the bus if it helps her and her infernal “hustle”.  
But overall I think she is best ignored. From now on, for me, she’s the “and the rest” portion of the crew.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
On 7/30/2020 at 8:53 PM, tvfanatic13 said:

I do have a question though- Sutton made it seem like you don’t need a passport to fly private. Is that true??

Good catch!  It is not true.  She would also need her passport to check in at the hotel.  She just wanted to make that snappy little comment about chartering the plane which costs "as much as one or two outfits" which makes her look like a dumbass for one of 2 reasons:  if you are spending as much as a private flight to Europe on your clothing, you're a dumbass.  Especially since we all see how you look in that clothing.  Conversely, if a private flight to Europe is equivalent to the price of 2 outfits, you're a moron for not doing it 😄 

On 7/31/2020 at 3:40 PM, RealHousewife said:

I feel like I must be missing something. Why do people sign up for her program when it's so expensive and no one has any special education?

They're the same type of people who spend the price of a small car (or a private flight to Europe!) on an outfit!

On 8/1/2020 at 9:24 AM, VedaPierce said:

I think everyone really is kinda scared of Rinna. When she slammed the glass down and went after Kim when Kim started to scratch around that scab, it terrified them into clamming up about it. She may really be nuts. If she did scare Julianne Philips out of Hollywood, who knows how she did it, what she threatened? Even Dried-Apple-Head Kim, who’s been around long enough to know all the ‘rumors’ and probably knew this one, was sober enough to understand to keep her rotting mouth shut.

Don't forget that when the season ended Rinna called Dried-Apple-Head and left a bunch of angry messages threatening to fuck her up!

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
On 7/31/2020 at 3:16 PM, Callaphera said:

So. ALL IN by Teddi is a fitness/weight loss/motivational thing. You sign up and pay your exorbitant fee for a meal plan that lets you consume anywhere from 600-800 calories a day (experiences seem to vary on this part but 800 is the highest I've heard) and an exercise plan that basically boils down to extreme cardio for an hour six days a week, no strength training or anything else, cardio only. On top of that, you have to take a photo of every meal within your 800 calorie budget and text it to your accuntability accountability buddy who tells you that you're a Fatty McFatterson, eat less, work out more, YOU CAN DO IT YOU'RE ALL IN BY TEDDI MELLENCAMP RAAAWR! Which okay, you've now paid through the nose for someone to harass you into following a diet and exercise plan that is not achievable for any true length of time and may even be harmful but you do you. 

Now say you actually make it through the program and they don't throw you out for non-compliance because you snuck an extra two pieces of cucumber one day and passed out at the 45 minute mark of your insane cardio workout because your body didn't have enough fuel and energy to get you through it. Congratulations, you are now a graduate of ALL IN - which means you can now become the thing you hate - or an accuntability accountability buddy for the next generation of ALL IN chub chubs. What's that you say, you have no training? You've never completed a nutritionist program or a personal trainer program? That doesn't matter! Because the person who yelled at you and pushed you to develop unhealthy habits in an attempt to crash diet for temporary results didn't have any training either! You are ALL IN, just like they were ALL IN with you. Welcome to the cult!

Here, have it directly from the horse's mouth, or ALL IN by Teddi's FAQ section on her website:

Is it a pyramid scheme in the truest sense? Well, you have to assume that the untrained coaches get paid for their time in one way or another and the bulk of the money goes directly to the top of ALL IN by Teddi (which is probably Teddi) but I don't believe there's a trickle of each "level" of the pyramid getting more and more of a payout. They don't hustle to sign up new victims members. It mimics a pyramid scheme but isn't an actual pyramid scheme. It also has all the ear marks of an MLM without actually being multi-level and it probably has the same toxic positivity model and language wrapped up in it, i.e.: "You can do it hun!!! ❤️😘 💯" What it definitely is is a gross business model that preys on people's insecurities and shitty body images and helps create unhealthy habits and unrealistic expectations but in Teddi's defense, that's true of most diet and exercise schemes. 

Also there are no refunds unless you have a bloody stump where your foot used to be, you have a doctor's note and nine photographs proving it, and three people have signed a notarized letter stating that they saw you gnaw off your foot in a desperate attempt to fuel your body. And even, no guarantees because it helps keep you accountable! 

Now don't you want to be in ALL IN by Teddi, too?

This is nothing like a pyramid scheme. You might not see the value in the service but it does not require upfront product investment to become a coach.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, OdinO. said:

This is nothing like a pyramid scheme. You might not see the value in the service but it does not require upfront product investment to become a coach.

yes it does ... you have to pay to go through the process to become a "coach" 

• Love 6
6 hours ago, OdinO. said:

You missed the part where I said (in italics even, to make it stand out) that it mimics both a pyramid scheme and an MLM but isn't one in the truest sense. 

• Love 2

Requiring someone to go through a program before you teach a program isn't unusual.  Weight Watchers coaches have to have gotten to lifetime maintenance, and that's their only requirement to be a coach.

What would make Teddi's All In pyramid-like is if your success is completely dependent on you signing up new people who then sign up new people who then sign up new people.  If one can become a successful coach by ONLY signing up clients, then I say not pyramid-like.  If one can only be successful by signing up clients to become coaches, then that's pyramid-like.  At least this doesn't require you to purchase hundreds or even thousands of dollars of worthless merchandise.

• Love 1

Hey y'all - whether or not Teddi's business is a pyramid scheme is not relevant to this episode thread.  You can move it over to Teddi's thread if you want to keep discussing.  Further posts here on this issue will be removed.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Some Airlines requires a passport to be valid for six months from your flight, even if that isn’t the legal requirement of the specific country to which you are flying. I believe they do this because some countries do have this rule (others have a three month rule, others simply require your passport be valid while you are in the country). An airline is responsible for returning a person to their country of origin if the arrival country turns them away. Rather than have a gate agent try to match the rules to the passport, they simply have a blanket rule that is the maximum any country requires.

If Sutton’s passport was valid for travel, but expiring shortly after their return, she could fly private to Italy because her passport would be valid per Italy’s rules.

• Useful 4

Denise wasn’t wearing her wedding ring in Italy.  Could be for a number of reasons, but it caught my eye.  And in the flashback she did have it on, so it’s not like she never wears one (I honestly never noticed before).

• Useful 1

Anyone else notice Brandi was already wearing a mic before she got out of Kim's car?

In order to believe Kyle and Teddi didn't set up this take down of Denise, we'd have to believe Kim just happened to pop by while Kyle and Teddi were filming, AND Brandi just happened to be with her, AND Brandi was coincidentally mic'ed and ready to dump some juicy gossip about someone Kyle has had an issue with since episode one. 

Such bullshit.

Edited by Dutchgirl
  • Love 18
On 7/30/2020 at 7:11 PM, dmeets said:

Mikey, Erika's often-seen BFF, is described as her "creative director" when we see him watching Erika get glammed up in her hotel room.

Mikey is such a hack. Erika looks like she's in drag in almost every scene. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
On 7/30/2020 at 2:42 PM, The Ringo Kidd said:

1000 times this. You are absolutely right!

They should just retool in a show starring Denise.

Keep Garcelle, Sutton and Dorit.

Replace Teddy with Brice Springsteen’s daughter.

Replace Erica with a blow up doll.

Replace Rinna with Tara Reid as they are basically the same person.

Replace Kyle with Melissa Gilbert.

Go on from there. 

Brice Springsteen...blow up doll....Melissa Gilbert. BWaahHHAAAA!

Yasss to all.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Dutchgirl said:

Mikey is such a hack. Erika looks like she's in drag in almost every scene. 

He was so obnoxiously annoying on the reality show he did with the pussycat dolls ... every time he was on you just had an urge to punch him in the face .... time has not changed those feelings 

• Love 2

Erika is a gay guys ideal of what a beautiful woman looks like.

Denise Richards is a straight guys ideal of what a beautiful woman looks like. Especially an older guy who is not obsessed with young girls.

You can see the difference.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
3 minutes ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

Erika is a gay guys ideal of what a beautiful woman looks like.

Denise Richards is a straight guys ideal of what a beautiful woman looks like. Especially an older guy who is not obsessed with young girls.

You can see the difference.

Being a Homosexual .... they are both different sides of the same coin in that regard ... Erika is like a Barbie doll she will let you dress her up and brush her hair and do play time with you ..... Denise is beautiful but not in the barbie doll way she is pretty and will go out and drink and be a mess with you ... she would be your BFF where Erika would just be your doll 

• Useful 3
  • Love 14
16 hours ago, geauxaway said:

Denise wasn’t wearing her wedding ring in Italy.  Could be for a number of reasons, but it caught my eye.  And in the flashback she did have it on, so it’s not like she never wears one (I honestly never noticed before).

I hate to travel with priceless items.  I run the risk of misplacing them, and prefer them to stay safe at home.  Denise could also be like some of us other mere mortals and have issues with retaining water while traveling especially air travel.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

While I'm more of a Denise, in that I vastly prefer tshirts, jeans, and flips, I also adore Erika's style.  Sometimes she has some crazy misses, but I almost always appreciate the effort.  I have from her first season.  I'm 99.9% sure we never saw her on camera in first season that she hadn't gone through glam, and I admire that dedication.  I mean that.  I know she couldn't have the "dedication" without the resources, but I honestly get ready for work in about 7 minutes.  So, I think that makes me enjoy her costuming quite a bit.  It's like how I love other people's beautiful gardens but I'll be damned if I'm going to plant anything or pull a weed.  

• Love 4
On 8/3/2020 at 8:30 PM, geauxaway said:

19 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I hate to travel with priceless items.  I run the risk of misplacing them, and prefer them to stay safe at home.  Denise could also be like some of us other mere mortals and have issues with retaining water while traveling especially air travel.  

I agree. I don’t like to have expensive jewelry when traveling. It is dangerous in some places in that there are skilled pickpockets and also wearing hugely large diamond rings on your finger and TV crews following you highlighting where you are and what you are doing... best to leave irreplaceables at home. Especially after the attack on Kim K in Paris after showing off that giant diamond gift from Kanye and then being robbed at gunpoint. Not going to comment on if this is what really happened or not with Kim as it is irrelevant (other than that I think it probably did happen in some fashion that was terrifying for Kim and K Klan). For a long time, over almost 20 years), Denise and Rinna are in or were in a circle of women friends that included Kris Jenner at some point, so they know her know her; I’m sure she shared the horrors and the story of it going down exactly as the magazines said based on pictures of the burglars knowing she had significant large $$$ in jewelry in that ring alone, or tell a tale worse including how devastating it was for all. After hearing that from a friend, I would leave my very large diamond engagement at home in a safe too. She may have just left it in the hotel safe for wandering the streets shopping at tourist areas or she might have left it home period. Or it may be a sign... however, she seems more like the I will leave expensive stuff at home type over the I am going to drop subtle cues on camera and tabloids signaling that there are subtle shade meanings (ahem... cough... Rinna) in everything-I-do-type. However, they all have been surprising me lately... 

Edited by Luckylondon
  • Love 5

I don’t like to have expensive jewelry when traveling. It is dangerous in some places in that there are skilled pickpockets and also wearing hugely large diamond rings on your finger and TV crews following you highlighting where you are and what you are doing... best to leave irreplaceables at home.

My old boss told me he had a fake ring made for his wife to wear when they traveled.  I asked why, and he said in case they were mugged.  I suggested maybe not wearing a ring at all, since his wife's finger/hand/body was going to get just as jacked up over a fake ring as a real one.  The expression on his face told me he never thought of that.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
On 8/1/2020 at 10:26 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

I like Garcelle and Sutton but Sutton doesn’t  much of a storyline. She doesn’t seem like she has anything going on and I really couldn’t tell you anything about her. 

From what I read there was initially a lot of footage with her kids that was going to be used but her ex nixed it and they had to scrap it. I think she deserves one more year. 

• Love 7
54 minutes ago, lasu said:

While I'm more of a Denise, in that I vastly prefer tshirts, jeans, and flips, I also adore Erika's style.  Sometimes she has some crazy misses, but I almost always appreciate the effort.  I have from her first season.  I'm 99.9% sure we never saw her on camera in first season that she hadn't gone through glam, and I admire that dedication.  I mean that.  I know she couldn't have the "dedication" without the resources, but I honestly get ready for work in about 7 minutes.  So, I think that makes me enjoy her costuming quite a bit.  It's like how I love other people's beautiful gardens but I'll be damned if I'm going to plant anything or pull a weed.  

My style is very feminine. I love dresses and all things girlie. So I'm not casual like Denise, but I'm not nearly as "extra" as people like Dorit and Erika either. However I agree they are both fun to watch even though I wouldn't dream of rocking some of their looks myself. Denise has said as well, that the women are like Barbies to her. I think Camille and Rinna both have a sexy, feminine yet sophisticated style. 

As a straight woman, I find the takes on Denise and Erika interesting. I have nothing against plastic surgery (would totally get work done myself), but I really admire natural beauties like Denise that don't need to get anything done to their faces or much makeup. That said, I also find Erika gorgeous, but a gay male friend of mine thinks she's nothing special! lol I don't remember if he's commented on Denise's looks, but a couple seasons ago he said he thought Dorit was the prettiest. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Yup!  Which is exactly why I said it could be for many reasons.   It just caught my eye and stood out to me.  I don’t know why but it is something I notice often (ring / no ring).  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 8/1/2020 at 9:01 PM, gingerella said:

It must have obviously worked in the past BUT given the way Bravo seems to have no problem cutting ties with OGs, they all probably need to learn not to do it. And also that their tantrums about being on the show are now fair game. Across all the franchises, there is a level of fourth wall breaking that usually was limited to the reunion.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

He was so obnoxiously annoying on the reality show he did with the pussycat dolls ... every time he was on you just had an urge to punch him in the face .... time has not changed those feelings 

I've never seen him before or outside of RHOBH. Small mercies. He's annoying af.

• Love 3