Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E12: Roman Rumors

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, AttackTurtle said:

Again, I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I fully support Dorit this season.  She seems happy to go for Kyle.

I would find it hard to look at and take Dorit seriously if she was saying anything, those pearls stuck to her hairline.  Kyle could have given the background of Brandi's tell all before Teddi started to blurt out everything.  Did anyone else notice that as they started talking about what Brandi said Denise looked as thought she was already crying, like maybe this was take two.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
(edited)

Life is full of coincidences, but I'm stuck on the fact that all the drama centers around 3-somes. I'm going to call BS on that "coincidence"  I am now thinking that the women brought it up at Denise's party BECAUSE the story of Denise and Brandi was already floating in their world.  I initially believed Denise's annoyance had to do with the fact that her children had friends over and the conversation was completely inappropriate for that setting.  I now think she was annoyed because she knew what they were doing, or even if she somehow didn't, was afraid it would enter into the conversation. 

Last season we saw Aaron as a caretaker accepted and loved by Denise's children.  This season we see him as a cranky, crazy interfering and controlling spouse.  Never mind why Bravo hates Denise- I'm wondering what Aaron did to them.  Either or neither of these could be the real picture, but my point is the difference from one season to the next.

If I accept the picture of Aaron that Bravo has given me this season, I do think Denise could very nervous about Aaron, and could be trying to keep things from him.

I also think another scenario is possible- that wild Denise did hook up with Brandi, with or without Aaron, or even both and that there is some way this could cause custody issues for Denise. Perhaps under normal circumstances open-book, happy-ending cool chick Denise might share this with us herself as no big deal.  But that isn't happening here.  Something is going on in her personal life that has her uncharacteristically asking these women to leave a piece of her life off limits, and they responded with a hell no.

Edited to add- If Denise or anyone else thought that the women and Bravo wouldn't go there on an issue if it involved an abusive spouse or the welfare of children, then they haven't been watching this show for very long.

Edited by Beachdreamer
added a line
  • Useful 2
  • Love 14
9 hours ago, BusyOctober said:

Dorit’s CHA. NEL shirt looked like one of the “Below Deck” dress whites shirts got mixed Into the RHOBH bin at the Bravo laundromat. Dorit continues to bring it to the parade of hair-don’t with those “pearls”.  Looked like oversized lice in queue for a  conga line around Dorit’s forehead.  And we get it, Dorit, you can speak Italian.  Congrats. You and millions of other people share this skill. 

Erica’s all white shopping ensemble looked almost as stupid as Dorit’s costume.  The turtleneck looked like she was wearing an extra large neck brace. Don’t care that the dumb hat is Chanel.  I know Chanel is global, and luxe, and it’s one of “the” fashion houses, but isn’t it a Parisian house?  Why not drag out vintage Pucci or Schiaparelli, or for this nouveau riche crowd, some Gucci, Dolce & Gabbana or Versace to show off in Rome? 

I don’t own any clothes with famous labels, (unless L.L. Bean or Lands End count), but I appreciate pretty designer clothes.  I even like some haute couture, high end pieces I see in magazines.  I think most of these RHOBH ‘girls’ have awful fashion sense.  They wear clothes like they are constantly playing “One-upper Dress Up”.  Their outlandish and sparkly and expensive outfits definitely get them attention, but outside of Beverly Hills, I think most people look at some of their get-ups and laugh.

Did the Rome Bureau of Tourism offer these witches free Fendi bags for every time they screeched “ I CAN’T BELIEVE WE’RE IN ROME!!!”?

I won’t comment on the Denise rumors.  I think Brandi is a horrible human being.  Whether she had an affair with Denise or not, I don’t care.  Brandi is so corrupt she will say anything or divulge any potentially embarrassing gossip if it shines the light on her hideous surgically deformed face for even a few minutes.  If anyone on this franchise deserves the title of “morally corrupt”, it’s Brandi. 

Dorit's CHA-NEL shirt did look like a BD crew dress shirt, lol! Lice in a conga line, lol!  However, learning to be fluent in Italian is something I wish I could do, there I said it, I am jealous of Dorit, ugh.  The first time I traveled to Rome I taught my vegetarian friend to say "Yo sono vegetarianah" and the basics, please, thank you...but to be able to really speak to the Italians would have been sublime.  I too was in that Fendi store but had a much different experience, bought a bag on sale then sweated out how to tell my then husband what I had done, I still have that bag, that husband, not so much.  

If my girlfriends and I were going to meet in the hotel restaurant I do not think costumes and full on glam would be on my to do list, all that make up to wash off 2 hours later seems stupid. Rome is full of amazing restaurants but you would not see any Italians dressing that over the top to eat dinner, low key elegance is more the norm. 

I still say Denise had done that scene at dinner prior to what we saw, her eyes were red like she had already cried hearing the news, this had to be take two.

Teddi's leopard dress at dinner was awful fitting but her shopping outfit was really good.

I liked Erica's winter white shopping ensemble.

Dorit will never stop trying with being au courant with her fashion which leads me to believe her stylists hate her and laugh behind her back.

Say what you want about Kyle but I liked her tuxedo look.

Garcell keeps changing her looks/wigs and some of them look good, I am not wowed by her wardrobe yet. Good for her for being realistic and did not buy that over priced Fendi muppet fur coat.

The streets at the bottom of the Spanish Steps are full of boutiques, I wonder if they will venture in to any of them that do not recognizable logos on their wares.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10

Ok I know Brandi has been a troublemaker over the years and tends to overindulge, but Denise’s reaction to being confronted about the alleged hookup was that of a person who’s been caught, not a person surprised by a rumor. The tantrum and trying to stop the cameras rolling isn’t a person who’s just shocked. The tears were immediate and Denise’s micro expression was “oh shit, not this”.  

Denise runs away and deflects when confronted. 

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, tranquilidade said:

I agree with theme of threesomes not a coincidence.  However, I'm starting to wonder about this whole "reality TV" genre and its ethics.  Bravo and Andy look like such pimps.  How can anyone sign up for a show that gives away all of their privacy?  It's starting to look like a form of voluntary enslavement in exchange for money.  

I watched this franchise starting with Orange County just to see what these women did ON THE SHOW.  After being duped by the show The Hills and feeling foolish for buying into the drama like it was real, I watched all this with some caution and awareness.  I just wanted to see what they all did ON THE SHOW.  I understood there was off camera life and detail. They film, they stop, they film.  It's shallow and superficial but entertaining and fun.

Destroying a person's real life or marriage as part of a reality show is unethical and not fun.  It reminds me of how in ancient times people liked to watch humans fed to lions.  Why is the wreckage of a human being entertaining? It isn't.  I stopped watching Survivor for the same reason as people actually risked their well being and health just for money.  That became disgusting to me.  Now, this show involves watching people hurt one another in a way that has a ripple effect on children.  That point was made and yet it continues.

If this is what it is then I don't want to watch it anymore.  I keep hoping it will improve, snap back to what it was but I am losing hope.

100%, yes. 

I watched from the very first OC episode too, RH's have dissolved in to something other than watching women shop for jewelry and houses.  Does anyone have the actual count of divorces from all of the franchises?  Would you put your marriage on the line for a paycheck?

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Baltimore Betty said:

100%, yes. 

I watched from the very first OC episode too, RH's have dissolved in to something other than watching women shop for jewelry and houses.  Does anyone have the actual count of divorces from all of the franchises?  Would you put your marriage on the line for a paycheck?

No I wouldn't.  No one should IMO.  These women also embrace a sadistic attitude and take pleasure in creating suffering in others.  It's not drama it's cruelty.  It starts with a criticism that for some reason is always unforgivable, then it results in  revenge that escalates beyond where it all started.  (Look how Kyle got revenge on her own sister Kim in that Limo.  Was that the way to handle an alcoholic sibling?  Gloves were off and the fight got really dirty. )   They use gang mentality, piling up and bullying then gathering to laugh about it and shake hands over their victories.  They choose a scapegoat and pound on her driving the person off the show. Each one participates to avoid being the scapegoat, probably wondering all along if it will turn on her or when it will because it will.

• Love 21
12 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I think Brandi is a dramatic person and does dramatize things. I know her big mouth has gotten her into legal trouble, but didn't she lie about Adrienne filing a lawsuit against her? I believe she hid assets when she was sued by Joanna Krupa. In season two she graciously said no to an invite from Kyle but then accidentally texted her that she's a c word. Since Kyle now says Brandi is a straightforward person who doesn't lie, does then mean it's true that she's a c**t with a cheater husband and a crystal meth addict sister? Brandi was a loose cannon when Kyle was on the receiving end of her wrath, but now but now Brandi is a truth cannon because that narrative suits her agenda.

Kyle has always has 2 faces.  

• Love 14
1 minute ago, howivesforever said:

Her reaction was of a person who was shocked! I’m sure she couldn’t believe these things were being said with no regard for her husband or children. I wouldn’t want that bullshit filmed either. She was trying to explain but was being cut off by the other ladies constantly. Their pattern is to talk over the accused so that the person gets frustrated gives up and leaves. That way they can claim the person left or stopped talking because their guilty. It’s a bunch of bullshit!

I saw something different entirely. Denise’s immediate expression was sheer terror, not surprise or hurt. I’ve seen this expression before in people we’ve presented evidence to of a crime or activity they’d previously tried to hide. I can understand the tears coming later as a person becomes frustrated with constant accusations, but this was immediate. 

I also feel that, for whatever reason, Denise is trying to change/salvage the open, wild woman persona she showed us last season. I liked Denise last season. It’s crazy this season, like she’s been tasked with remodeling her entire personality. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
26 minutes ago, Beachdreamer said:

It was very clear that Brandi's revelation to Kyle and Teddi was staged.  It was Kyle's house, Kyle's sister brought her there, and Kyle fancies herself the new queen.  Kyle engineered this or agreed to this if Bravo engineered it.  Kyle is a nasty, vile person.  For so many seasons she claimed that LVP was the mastermind behind the take-downs of various housewives.  I don't see any way to pin this one anywhere but directly on Kyle. 

Kyle is just happy that the attention is now focused on Denise instead of her, that 's all. I was hoping they would take her down a peg this season. 

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

I saw something different entirely. Denise’s immediate expression was sheer terror, not surprise or hurt. I’ve seen this expression before in people we’ve presented evidence to of a crime or activity they’d previously tried to hide. I can understand the tears coming later as a person becomes frustrated with constant accusations, but this was immediate. 

I also feel that, for whatever reason, Denise is trying to change/salvage the open, wild woman persona she showed us last season. I liked Denise last season. It’s crazy this season, like she’s been tasked with remodeling her entire personality. 

I guess you see what you choose to see. Denise was crying before the accusation of the affair was even mentioned.

Denise has been the same person this season the only exception was her asking the ladies to stop talking about threesomes in front of children. The other ladies changed the narrative this year not Denise!

• Love 24

I really felt for Denise when they were all at the dinner table. She looked really emotional already as if she knew something bad might be about to happen. Lisa got a lot of enjoyment out of the Denise gossip,she isn’t a good friend to Denise. I’m really liking Dorit this season. She used to annoy me lol but I really like her style and her body is beautiful and fit. I also like this spice she kind of has about her and how she carries herself,must be the Italian in her haha. Garcelle is kind of the comic relief for the show haha😃. Sutton always seems to want to call Teddi out. Teddi is such a pretty pregnant lady😃this is her best season in the looks department to me. I think Denise maybe probably did do something with Brandi. She needs a friend on this show.

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Ok I know Brandi has been a troublemaker over the years and tends to overindulge, but Denise’s reaction to being confronted about the alleged hookup was that of a person who’s been caught, not a person surprised by a rumor. The tantrum and trying to stop the cameras rolling isn’t a person who’s just shocked. The tears were immediate and Denise’s micro expression was “oh shit, not this”.  

Denise runs away and deflects when confronted.

Agreed with all of this. Denise's reaction sealed it for me that the bones of Brandi's story were true, though I'm sure she stretched/embellished/changed her memories of what happened.

Her running away I think is really the biggest crime as far as the other cast members are concerned. When they're filming they're at work and so when someone routinely skips events or runs out on them soon after arriving it is like that person is skipping or leaving work early. Think about any job you've had and how it starts to really bug you when a co-worker calls out of work frequently or if they're always leaving early. At first, you believe their reasons and often are sympathetic to what might be going on for them, but when it happens over and over and you're still showing up for work and staying for the whole shift? It festers. 

And you can count me as one of the few who still likes Teddi. I think her anxiety about the whole thing was twofold, one she knew this thing was floating around and had already been said on camera and she thought Denise should know and two she was probably pressured to bring it up at the dinner with everyone there (rather then in a one-on-one with Denise) by production (with or without Kyle and Rinna adding their urging). Though this is a "reality" show, that doesn't mean the producers don't plan out storylines, and re-film scenes, and recreate scenes, and talk the cast through what each filming day will be. There are writers and storyline people who work on these shows, which to me means that of course much of it is scripted.

That's not to say that these aren't real events in their lives, it just means that filming and production factors in and often scenes are re-filmed and producers work with the cast to get the best dialogue, staging, etc to better the story and the drama. 

I was okay with Denise last season, didn't love her, didn't hate her, my reaction to many newbies as their first seasons are almost always fairly benign, storyline-wise (not always, see: Leah, RHONY). But this season I haven't liked her at all. Even before the whole shocking talk in front of her kids kerfuffle, she seemed to be carrying a low-grade tension and anger into each scene. Rinna has always talked about herself as a hustler who'll work hard and continuously to keep her name out there and keep the work/money going. That's part of why I'm okay with her. She knows what the job is and doesn't act all doe-eyed about what she has to do to keep her job. I can't exactly shame her for doing what she does to stay on the show, if I keep watching.

This is where Denise loses me. I think she's a hustler as well and that's fine. What bugs me is that she wants to pretend she's not and that she's an innocent naif who has wandered onto the show not knowing the deal. Her shouting Bravo, Bravo, Bravo tells me she does know. And the fact that she's been working in Hollywood for 20 (30?) years? She, better than many of the women who come on these shows, knows the score about the dirty business she works in. Do I think she's genuinely distressed about what is being said on the show? Sure. And I sympathize with that. But she can't have her cake and eat it too. If she wants to still be famous and relevant and get the Bravo bucks (which clearly she does), then she has to be part of the show. 

I would actually honor her if she walked off - which seems she's going to do in the next couple weeks - and said I'm done. But what she did was storm off, miss more work, and then come back. She didn't take a big principled stand that she was done with the tawdriness, she ran away because she couldn't control the narrative and then she came back when she figured out what she was going to say to regain control of that narrative. Okay. That's her right, but that's where she loses me with her storming off. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Again I am gonna disagree with this .....Every interaction she has had with these ladies they have attacked her EVERY SINGLE ONE..... at what point do you just go I am legally contractually  obligated to be here but I cant take anymore? Would you just sit and take it and take it and take it and smile at that table? Be real NO ... you would have gotten up to get away from the Harpies ...... This isnt Tamra getting up and storming off at the first sign of conflict this is her being beaten down over and over and over and now they wanna do it more ... #TeamDenise 

They have not attacked her every interaction. They started the season with a bunch of events, one of which was at Denise's house and started #threesometalkgate. This is how all seasons start. The producers work with the cast to set up events/meetings/get-togethers with various iterations/mixes of the cast to see what the season thru-lines will be. They will have already talked to the cast ahead of time to see what's all going on with them in their lives and often that will shape those first few events so that the audience can be brought in and gain some context (kind of like the "previously on" you have for scripted television series that return for a new season). As the cast interacts with one-another - many of whom won't have seen the others for months - the cast and the producers pick up on the hot button issues and the things that have set up some tension.

Denise got the ball rolling, storyline-wise, by telling them she didn't want the threesome-type talk in front of her kids. Totally cool. Whether it was genuinely upsetting to her kids? Probably not. But she was doing her part for the story. The others took it up and amped up the drama by being "offended" to have been corrected. Then there were all the required scenes of one-on-one conversations with various parties where they're going to clear the air once and for all. Which is never once and for all. That's all part of the deal too.

Did they bring it up with Denise and one another frequently? Yes. She too did that. After some of them were moving past it to other drama - Erica wanting to talk with her about Aaron's behavior towards the women - Denise was the one who brought it back to #threesometalkgate. And none of it read as attacks. Not to me anyway. Felt like business as usual.

My read in many of those scenes was that Denise was tense and angry about something else before she even showed up. Having to show up for the events? Maybe? Maybe Aaron wasn't wanting to go so they were arguing? Maybe there's something else going on for them that's causing tension and they just don't want to have to go do a work event right now? Ding! Ding! Ding! At least that's how it has felt to me. From the very first scenes this season Denise and Aaron have felt to me like they just don't want to be there. They've been quick to be irritated and quick to leave. That's my take on it. And having the excuse of being "under attack" so they have to run away all the time? That actually was working in Denise's favor I think. Until it wasn't.

• Love 2
(edited)
33 minutes ago, Pop Tart said:

They have not attacked her every interaction. They started the season with a bunch of events, one of which was at Denise's house and started #threesometalkgate. This is how all seasons start.

Are we watching the same show? that party was at the beginning of the season and yes EVERY interaction after that they have dogged and gone after Denise .Every single time .... they even talked shit about her and her kids behind her back... Hi Erika you should be choking on that....So yes every time they have all been around Densise they have said something negative about her.... Oh the mommy shamming how dare she.. now its she talked behind our backs about us... hey roll the tape of you all talking shit about her underage daughters being sluts because of course they are they are her and Charles kids... Hey teddi where was that speech of you cant help who your parents are so you shouldn't blame kids for things? HMMMMM I'll wait on you to try to back track that

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Useful 1
  • Love 22

13 HOURS AGO, LIBERTARIANSLUT SAID:

I thought the way Denise ordered was obnoxious.  “I’m allergic to garlic.  Sorry.”

That didn't bother me.  A lot of people don't take allergies serious, especially if they've never heard of them.  She was probably very limited in what she could eat there and be "safe."  

Yeah, what was she supposed to have said?

I thought Dorit's "Judgy-Wudgy was a pregnant woman!" was so funny.

• Like 1
  • Love 19
3 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I heard a Rumor .... I am Officially done with this show ... Nothing about it is fun... Kyle I heard a rumor that your husband was cheating on you.... remember when those words were uttered and you said HOW DARE YOU bring that up on that show? and literally lost your mind? Or Rinna when Kim uttered those words of lets talk about Harry? These woman are a bunch of hypocrites I know I have said it before but yea this time this was my last episode .. Its just not fun anymore and has become wash a repeat wash and repeat wash and repeat

Dude say it isn’t so! 

We need your snark and shade.

• Love 17

At the hotel dinner who said something into their hands and then it was captioned like “just say it now, get in front of it”. Or something like that. That person was trying to help Denise, but the cameras picked up on it. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

Dude say it isn’t so! 

We need your snark and shade.

It just not fun anymore ... they have just gone so far into the dog pile of attacking and Negative of it all and with everything that is going on right now in the world  I don't find watching  these Monsters be mean entertaining .... its like the worst traits are being magnified and just harped on over and over  .... There is only so much snark I can do before it turns into actual hate for these people ..... Maybe I'll catch the recaps but I wont be watching the show anymore I don't think

• Love 10
(edited)

My feeling is that whether or not it is true that Denise hooked up with Brandi in any capacity (which again, I still have a hard time believing), she was aware of the rumor circulating and was trying to prevent it from coming up on the show.  The way she was going about it - interrupting filming, trying to control what was on camera - was frustrating to the rest of the ladies, which is why this thing started spiraling out of control. But I think that explains why her behavior in last night's episode seemed like a person who was caught in a lie.  She knew that this rumor could come up, and she was being pretty clumsy in trying to prevent it from coming up.

I absolutely understand WHY she wouldn't want them bringing up the rumor - Brandi is an unreliable narrator and is absolutely willing to say anything to achieve the level of fame she wants.  But Denise's efforts to control the narrative alienated the other women, rather than gaining allies. A more effective way to address the rumor would have been to bring it up herself before now and dismiss it as crazy rambling from Brandi. Had she done that, I think she would have picked up a few allies among the ladies. 

But hindsight is 20/20, and all that.  I do feel bad for Denise because true or not, she's in a no-win situation with this rumor. But I get now why I was feeling Denise was being inauthentic because I do think she was hiding something and being overly controlling of her narrative. 

If I were Denise I would start airing all of their dirty laundry and only film and maintain relationships with Garcelle, Sutton and believe it or not Dorit. Denise needs to freeze out and attack the other bitches. Here’s how she can do it.

I know you are just dying for this to happen because you've mentioned in more than once. I just don't think it is a particularly effective strategy. Really and truly, I don't see a lot of viewers finding bad, complex real estate deals all that scintillating. And we see how far Camille's attack on Dorit and PK's finances went - not that far. In general, most viewers don't really care if the husbands are shady financially because the show isn't about the husbands and the shadiness is usually too complex to grasp.  You can keep bringing it up, I just don't see it as the big gotcha that you do. 

Edited by eleanorofaquitaine
  • Love 4
(edited)

SO much 4th wall breaking! I'm starting to think production was making a special exemption for LVP all these years, because it was apparent that many of the issues women had with her were due to things the show refused to air (or maybe couldn't catch because she was sly like that). Yet with Denise, they have absolutely no qualms airing everything and allowing the women to say exactly why they're frustrated. Maybe all the Bravo, Bravo, Bravo really pissed the producers off.

I haven't seen any movies or TV shows Denise has been in for years, but her performance at the dinner table reminded me of her performances in Starship Troopers, Wild Things, and 007... not very good. I feel horrible for her that this was all put it there, but her denial was not convincing at all. Sutton confirming she'd heard the rumor over a month ago (and I doubt she heard it directly from Brandi) sealed it for me. And while it doesn't matter, I'm finding it tough to sympathize with someone who keeps lying. Although it's shitty that things like this are made public in the first place. I thought Sutton's question to Teddi was ridiculous: of course Teddi should care more about the trash talking than the was it/wasn't it affair. The latter had nothing to do her.

Even though I still dislike Door-it and all her pretentious behavior ("so I ordered vodka tonic, at least it was in Italian unlike that ugly American Kyle with her... ugh... margarita." Whatever asshole. Surprised she hasn't yet broken out into the "Be Italian" number from the musical 9.) it was decent of her to point out that Teddi's not one to handle stressful situations like this well due to her anxiety. Interesting that Kyle took that moment to disregard Teddi and direct the sympathy towards Denise. Yep, Kyle (and Lisa, at dinner) totally set Teddi up to be the messenger and is plotting to skate in all of this. I guess I'm naive, but I don't think Teddi had intended to out the hookup rumor, just the two-faced talk. But as soon as Teddi slipped that Brandi was pissed and everyone kept harping like, "why would she be pissed?" she had to spill, especially once she was accused of torturing Denise (which again, I don't believe she intended).

So far it looks like aside from Door-it, Kyle's part in this may go by largely unoticed. Unlike with Teddi and Lisa, there didn't seem to be much consternation over what to do with the information. As if she knew she wasn't going to have to say anything. Teddi was getting irritated with her ("you were there too!") so I wonder if she's realizing that she got set up.

Edited by dmeets
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

But hindsight is 20/20, and all that.  I do feel bad for Denise because true or not, she's in a no-win situation with this rumor. But I get now why I was feeling Denise was being inauthentic because I do think she was hiding something and being overly controlling of her narrative. 

This is a good read - and what I've been feeling too. You've articulated my thoughts better then I've been doing.

I'm thinking that they may have all have heard the rumor before the season started and I'm now starting to think that the reason they were so shocked by, and ready to make hay of, Denise's reaction to a discussion about a threesome was perhaps because they'd already heard that she'd perhaps just participated in one. Which if she did, no harm no foul, that's her business. But to them, if they had been hearing these Brandi rumors, her pearl-clutching about a discussion of the idea probably did seem hypocritical and a bit fake.

I think where things went especially sideways was as you said, Denise just didn't handle it well.

One thing that has always been interesting to me in these shows is the women like Dorit, who figure out how to scheme and navigate and manipulate the process to their best advantage. I don't like Dorit, but I think she plays the game well. I hated LVP, but she was a master-player in the reality game. Denise is not. Or at least she wasn't for most of this season. I think she thought she could bluff her way through. It didn't work. I do think she's since figured out her way forward - witness the spin she's using in her talking heads filmed much more recently. And more power to her. But she did fumble. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Beachdreamer said:

It was very clear that Brandi's revelation to Kyle and Teddi was staged.  It was Kyle's house, Kyle's sister brought her there, and Kyle fancies herself the new queen.  Kyle engineered this or agreed to this if Bravo engineered it. 

And Brandi and Kim were already mic'd up when they got to Kyle's.  Definitely engineered.

It occurred to me that if Sutton had already heard the rumors about Denise, then maybe Kyle had too.  You know she keeps her ear to the ground all the time. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 15
(edited)
3 hours ago, tranquilidade said:

I watched this franchise starting with Orange County just to see what these women did ON THE SHOW.  After being duped by the show The Hills and feeling foolish for buying into the drama like it was real, I watched all this with some caution and awareness.  I just wanted to see what they all did ON THE SHOW.  I understood there was off camera life and detail. They film, they stop, they film.  It's shallow and superficial but entertaining and fun.

I agree so much.  I'm a RHONY fan, and I only barely understand this show, but I love RHONY for what it is and if every single cast member said "This (XYZ) is off limits" then that's fine with me. What the hell do I care?  I like the show, so I've watched all 12 seasons, and if I didn't like the show, I would stop.  Simple.  The show doesn't need those magical XYZ topics (kids, husband, health issues, whatever) for ratings and fans.  It absolutely doesn't.  The shows will all have their fans and stable ratings regardless.

The show, and the fans need the cast members for the show to exist.  We don't put the demands on the cast members.  The cast members stipulate what they want and either Andy/Bravo accept, or not.  That's it.  Done deal.  There shouldn't be any surprises.  Whatever they want to hide is not my business and it's ridiculous to think that it is, that they "owe" me anything.  The show is for entertainment, it's not a documentary, or Dateline or something.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

I don't watch regularly, so I ask: do we know for sure that Denise and Aaron are legally married vs. having a fake wedding for TV?

It's not odd that Denise fooled around with a woman. It's odd that she chose Brandi. Denise has a history of bad judgment. I think she's a different person underneath that Hollywood persona.

Denise's distress is due to it dawning on her that Bravo has turned on her. As others have said, she's lost control of the narrative. And she may be living with a lunatic. He may have presented a different personality earlier in their relationship, and now she's panicked.

I can barely relate S10 Denise to S9 Denise. It's like she is playing twins over two seasons. Season 9 twin is happy, funny and easy going. Season 10 twin is unhappy, uptight and paranoid. I liked S9 Denise, and can barely recognize her in S10 Denise. I do wonder how much that has to do with Aaron, who also presents very differently this season that he did last. I wonder why Nicolette Sheridan's marriage to Aaron only lasted 6 months? 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

The show is for entertainment, it's not a documentary, or some kind of GOTCHA journalism broadcast, or TMZ.

actually this and the other shows  ARE supposed to be a snap shot documentary of their lives ... that was the whole pitch of all of these shows ...

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Keywestclubkid said:

actually this and the other shows  ARE supposed to be a snap shot documentary of their lives ... that was the whole pitch of all of these shows ...

A documentary isn't, "Let's go on a trip".  It's about something that already happened in the past, using real film and people commenting on what happened.  RH shows are going on trips, shopping, having public dinners, seeing inside mansions and some stuff with family.  That's really it.  When you shoot a documentary, you don't make up an event that hasn't happened yet, and then film  it.  Yet, that is exactly what RH does.  They "Create" events, and then film them.

• Love 4
(edited)

I am fine with leaving financial crimes off the table if people are not smart enough to follow it. Just get personal and dirty.

Erica abandoned her child to become a prostitution whore. Now she is a low rent Anna Nicole Smith.

Kyle has a husband who is cheating on her and can’t wait to leave her. He doesn’t want to be in a threesome with her. He doesn’t even want to be in a twosome with her.

Rinna is a beard whose marriage is a fraud and who has eased two monsters who are mentally damaged because of her relationship with food.

Teddy is a boring fraud who cheats hapless people out of their life savings.

Get down. Get dirty. Get personal.

After what they are trying to do to her you need to go nuclear.

Edited by The Ringo Kidd
  • Love 23
1 minute ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

A documentary isn't, "Let's go on a trip".  It's about something that already happened in the past, using real film and people commenting on what happened.  RH shows are going on trips, shopping, having public dinners, seeing inside mansions and some stuff with family.  That's really it.  When you shoot a documentary, you don't make up an event that hasn't happened yet, and then film  it.  Yet, that is exactly what RH does.  They "Create" events, and then film them.

Look up the pitch for these shows .. Andy stated he wanted a look behind the gates of these places documentary style ... I’m just saying the whole point of these shows was supposed to be documenting their lives and interactions with each other  

• Love 7
24 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

At the hotel dinner who said something into their hands and then it was captioned like “just say it now, get in front of it”. Or something like that. That person was trying to help Denise, but the cameras picked up on it. 

That was Dorit. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 7
(edited)
6 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Look up the pitch for these shows .. Andy stated he wanted a look behind the gates of these places documentary style ... I’m just saying the whole point of these shows was supposed to be documenting their lives and interactions with each other  

Yes, things are "documented", but I agree to disagree that RHOBH is a documentary.   

I Googled the difference between reality series and documentary, and there are many explanations, all basic.  

Reality television isn't real. It isn't documentary. And anyone who's been asked to make a "reality" show—staging scenes, booking characters, scripting scenes and planning a dramatic arc—knows how far apart these two genre are.

reality series are ongoing, and episodes can be aired without the ending yet known, whereas documentary series are those where all the material has been shot and then edited with a full narrative in consideration, broken up into episodic format.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 3
(edited)
6 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Yes, things are "documented", but I agree to disagree that RHOBH is a documentary. 

I literally can’t right now lol .... do they craft storylines they want to tell? Yes .... but it is documenting their lives at that moment ... call it whatever you want but it’s “supposed” to be a documentary on their lives no matter how you frame it ... Teddi isn’t playing the “roll” of Teddi she is actually Teddi this was never advertised has "heighten" version of these people it is This is these people ..... This is their day to day lives around each other ... AKA this is supposed to be a documentary

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 12
(edited)
4 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I literally can’t right now lol .... do they craft storylines they want to tell? Yes .... but it is documenting their lives at that moment ... call it whatever you want but it’s “supposed” to be a documentary on their lives no matter how you frame it ... Teddi isn’t playing the “roll” of Teddi she is actually Teddi 

So "Survivor", "Master Chef", "The Bachelor" etc. these are all documentaries to you?  Ok.  Then there's really no coming to an agreement.  To me there is a huge difference between a reality series (American Idol, Joe Millionaire) and a documentary (Fahrenheit 9/11, March of the Penguins, An Inconvenient Truth).  

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 3
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

So "Survivor", "Master Chef", "The Bachelor" etc. these are all documentaries to you?  Ok.  Then there's really no coming to an agreement.  To me there is a huge difference between a reality series (American Idol, Joe Millionaire) and a documentary (Fahrenheit 9/11, March of the Penguins, An Inconvenient Truth).  

those are reality game shows each one of them is someone competing for something ... so yes in the form of them being in the game it is documenting how they play that game and what they do to win that game .... no one is competing for a prize on the housewives this is supposed to be their day to day lives interacting with the other woman and living their lives.. so yes all of those are documentary's they  just differ on what they document....

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 11

EJ's glamsquad is trying desperately to bring back the 90s Brown lip liner with nude lips look back. Note to Mikey, making someone's mouth look like an over-inflated asshole is never the way to go

• LOL 15
6 hours ago, nexxie said:

I’m still over Sutton - entitled, shallow and almost as full of herself as Rinna. Plus, most of her clothes are ugly lol.

Also, her body is is horrible

9 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Denise tricked Brandi and hurt her sooooo bad that she STILL wants to be in a Thruple with her and Arron? LOL her whole story is just bullshit from beginning to end

I'm still team Denise all the way...

• Love 7