Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E12: Roman Rumors

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, lasu said:

My old boss told me he had a fake ring made for his wife to wear when they traveled.  I asked why, and he said in case they were mugged.  I suggested maybe not wearing a ring at all, since his wife's finger/hand/body was going to get just as jacked up over a fake ring as a real one.  The expression on his face told me he never thought of that.

After leaving my diamond ring behind (twice!) I stopped taking it on trips.  But Mr. P always wears his so then I thought I looked like The Mistress.  So I bought a cheap wedding band to wear when traveling 😄   When I go with other women I don't wear anything.

• Love 5

I finally got a chance to watch this and this, this is the kind of DRAMA I live for in a HoWives show! So. Much. Juicy. Fun. 

Just a few random thoughts, I'm still digesting everything:

1. I usually hate Erika and Dorit's glam on trips but for some reason I'm really enjoying it in Rome. It's stupid, it's over the top, it's dramatic, it's glorious. Kyle was right, Erika looked like an accident victim in that white hat get up but she laughed along with it. And yes, Dorit is a total narcissist wanting her picture taken every 5 minutes, but I thought it was cute that she did a karate kick at Kyle when she made fun of her leather motorcycle outfit. 

2. Sutton is back to being superior and snotty and haughty, ugh. Yes, Garcelle's question about money was intrusive but I feel like she would have been fine had Sutton laughed at her and said "girl, it's none of your business." Maybe getting stuck sitting next to Teddi at dinner drove Sutton over the edge.

3. Kyle cracked me up several times during the episode. Making fun of Erika and Dorit, saying Dorit was going to go home speaking English with an Italian accent, the weird sex story during drinks. 

4. I thought Dorit was right to tell Kyle to stop talking over her at the reveal dinner. Yes, it was stupid to claim she liked Denise more than Kyle, but she did have the right to tell Kyle she never lets her finish. I agree with Dorit, someone help me.

5. Garcelle is so fun. Trying to order breakfast the first morning (eggs? bacon? coffee, coffee, coffee!), laughing at the price of that ridiculous Fendi coat, being gracious and apologizing to Sutton at dinner, saying in her talking head that she wanted to know the dirty details between Brandi and Denise. I would latch onto her if I were among this group.

6. Teddi is just....such a buzz kill. 

7. I don't know who to believe between Denise and Brandi, I really don't. Brandi is a known liar, but I also believe she has a big mouth in general and I find it hard to believe she has the brains to make something like this up. Denise has made it known she enjoys sex and I could see her getting drunk enough to have a one night stand and regret it the next day, but with Brandi? I just don't know. 

8. I like seeing the behind the scenes stuff. If Denise is constantly yelling "bravo, bravo, bravo" when she doesn't like how things are going or demanding producers cater to her or not showing up for filming, I will really lose a lot of respect for her. She had to know what she was in for when she signed up for this, it's not a new or secret show. 

I can't wait for next week! And I haven't said that in a long time about this show. 

• Love 7
20 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

My style is very feminine. I love dresses and all things girlie. So I'm not casual like Denise, but I'm not nearly as "extra" as people like Dorit and Erika either. However I agree they are both fun to watch even though I wouldn't dream of rocking some of their looks myself. Denise has said as well, that the women are like Barbies to her. I think Camille and Rinna both have a sexy, feminine yet sophisticated style. 

As a straight woman, I find the takes on Denise and Erika interesting. I have nothing against plastic surgery (would totally get work done myself), but I really admire natural beauties like Denise that don't need to get anything done to their faces or much makeup. That said, I also find Erika gorgeous, but a gay male friend of mine thinks she's nothing special! lol I don't remember if he's commented on Denise's looks, but a couple seasons ago he said he thought Dorit was the prettiest. 

If you think Denise hasn't had anything done to her face, just compare her face from "Starship Troopers" to today's face and it's obvious she's had work.  Good work, but work nevertheless.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, Anne Thrax said:

If you think Denise hasn't had anything done to her face, just compare her face from "Starship Troopers" to today's face and it's obvious she's had work.  Good work, but work nevertheless.

I'm not arguing, but what do you think she has had done?  I just looked at pictures of her from ST, and the main difference I see is age.  She was 26 in that movie and she's 49 now.  

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, lasu said:

I'm not arguing, but what do you think she has had done?  I just looked at pictures of her from ST, and the main difference I see is age.  She was 26 in that movie and she's 49 now.  

Her today face has had fillers around the forehead, crow's feet, naso-labial lines, and her lips have been augmented.  Once you start with that stuff, you have to refresh regularly because it just about completely dissipates over say 6 or 7 months.  People in the business (and not just the women) go to the dermatologist on a regular basis to maintain these treatments, the same way we keep up on our dental health.

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Anne Thrax said:

Her today face has had fillers around the forehead, crow's feet and mouth, and her lips have been plumped up. 

OK, I can see that.  I think it's just semantics, but when I hear "had work done" I translate that as plastic surgery, and I don't put botox or fillers in that category.  So, I would still say she hasn't had "work done" (again, it's not like I'm claiming there is an official definition of "work done"), but I would agree that botox or fillers does disqualify you from saying you have a natural face.

• Love 2
Just now, lasu said:

OK, I can see that.  I think it's just semantics, but when I hear "had work done" I translate that as plastic surgery, and I don't put botox or fillers in that category.  So, I would still say she hasn't had "work done" (again, it's not like I'm claiming there is an official definition of "work done"), but I would agree that botox or fillers does disqualify you from saying you have a natural face.

You're right, she doesn't look like she's had any surgery.  Yet.  I can see she has very fair, thin skin, and it won't be much longer before she'll have to take the plunge.  They usually start with a brow lift which is pretty undetectable because the incisions are made up in the scalp where they remove a tiny bit of scalp, pull everything up and sew it together. 

The reason I know all this is because I've investigated having all that stuff myself.  Probably won't ever have any of it done, though.  I did have a tummy tuck 10 years ago - which is pretty serious surgery but it improved my appearance by leagues (I lost major weight so I needed it).  Plastic surgery performs miracles but it's painful and full recovery takes months.  I can't believe some people (Brandi for example) have so much of it done so frequently. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Oh, I stopped believing in aging gracefully once I actually started aging, lol.  The only reason I haven't done botox is because of the domino effect with it, but I would love to get a boob lift, and whatever I would need to do tighten my neck and jawline.  But I am more terrified of ending up looking like Brandi or Adrienne than I am looking my age.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Anne Thrax said:

I meant she was naturally beautiful in the first place. She always had her little nose and full lips. I think there’s a difference between upkeep and getting a new face. 

• Love 12
On 7/29/2020 at 9:53 PM, VedaPierce said:

It actually makes me sick to watch them there because these assholes don’t deserve or belong there. 

Same. To think of a gaggle of apes sitting in Rome arguing and making up stories is just too much. I realize they're threatened by Denise, but this mess is gross--even for them.

• Love 15
On 7/30/2020 at 8:32 AM, tranquilidade said:

I watched this because I wanted to see the trip to Rome and I was shocked at how they all acted in public. First off, they seem to think they all have to scream to prove they are deliriously happy having great time, laughing hysterically at the smallest thing and attracting attention of everyone around them, dressed in ridiculous attention seeking clothing to advertise wealth and privilege as if this makes them more important, and praising each other effusively to validate this.  The stares they got said it all: UGLY AMERICAN STEREOTYPE.   Thank you ladies for helping to promote this crap.

The shopping disgusted me.  Those same stores are found in Beverly Hills and they acted like never saw them before, salivating and squealing like pigs.   They ran around like it was Black Thursday in Macy's.  They demonstrate such vulgar consumerism and lack of sophistication.  I understand wanting to do some shopping but this was embarrassing to watch especially during these times.   Kyle walks around all the time with hungry eyes...always wanting something more.  She is one deeply unhappy and starving woman.

The way they treated Denise putting her on trial after welcoming her arrival, all knowing the plan of attack was horrible.  It made them  look like a pack of a hungry wolves.  (Only wolves have a right to act that way, people don't.)   Denise  denied the remarks and now it is her word against Brandi's word. It's a stalemate.  This show is now about character assassination.  Why not just get a firing squad and get it over with.  Let's now get a detective and dig up every humiliating detail in each person's past since as stupid shit stirring mean girl Teddi says: This is what they signed up for.  

My theory is that Brandi was Denise's close friend for a short time and got iced because she deserved it. Brandi is angry because she was dumped (again) and determined to get revenge and be on the show.  

THIS. Why don't they realize that when they screech and squawk about shopping, they look like a bunch of lower middle-class zombies clomping around the local mall food court. You are surrounded by beautiful historical masterpieces that most people will only see in books, and your only interest is clomping around stores like a bunch of hillbilly rubes jaywalkin' into 'town' for the first time in your lives?? Blech.

• LOL 6
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, StevieRocks said:

THIS. Why don't they realize that when they screech and squawk about shopping, they look like a bunch of lower middle-class zombies clomping around the local mall food court. You are surrounded by beautiful historical masterpieces that most people will only see in books, and your only interest is clomping around stores like a bunch of hillbilly rubes jaywalkin' into 'town' for the first time in your lives?? Blech.

*slow but meaningful clap for all this*

This is what I think every time they go on a trip. They behave like such declasse whores, it's like the Jersey crew on a good day! The fact that they can buy all that shit in BH but want to buy something that one can only get in a Rome boutique speaks volumes about how vapid and empty their lives are. People like Kyle, DuhRit and Stripper Bitch find validation in having material possessions, and even more so, when those material items are difficult to obtain, ie: "You can ONLY get this in the Italy boutique of designer X!" Uch, they're dimwitted, no intellect, nouveau-riche hillbillies and it's so embarrassing to see them in a locale as wonderful as Rome, and all they want to do is shop at the same places they shop at in BH, and stir shit and cause fights. Like a pack of harpies.

• LOL 2
  • Love 11

I think we're not supposed to speculate too much here or clog up the new thread before the episode airs but I hope I can say that today feels like Christmas Eve and I get to open one present tonight. 

• LOL 8
On 7/30/2020 at 12:40 AM, The Ringo Kidd said:

Teddy is freaking Frank Stallone. Of course she is trading on her washed up father’s fame.

No I take that back.

Frank Stallone has some talent compared to this hideous waste of breath.

Teddy is a Stallone??? I thought she was Teddy Meloncamp....

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, suomi said:

I think we're not supposed to speculate too much here or clog up the new thread before the episode airs but I hope I can say that today feels like Christmas Eve and I get to open one present tonight. 

Bless these heifers and their shenanigans.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 7/29/2020 at 10:11 PM, RealHousewife said:

Exactly. I know this doesn't help Denise's case, but I can see Sutton not meaning harm and not bringing it up until it was all already out there thanks to Brandi. Also, Teddi is so emotional over what Denise allegedly said about her, but admitted she doesn't know Denise that well. So is it that serious a deal? Is it a close friend stabbing you in the back? Nope, but of course she is a crybaby. What is however a big deal is what's being said about Denise. 

Denise was clearly in pain. Whether she did or did not do those things, the way she's been treated is wrong. The women are too mad and perhaps jealous of her to care. 

Kyle acknowledged the hurt Denise showed, but I don't think she would have interrupted Teddi if she were speaking. Because it was Dorit, she interrupted. And yes, Dorit does care more about Denise than all the rest of them, minus Garcelle and Sutton. The rest don't seem to show much heart, but then again they didn't to a grieving Lisa Vanderpump last season either. 

I don’t understand the repeated suggestions that the women are jealous of Denise. They’re jealous that she was married to Charlie Sheen?  Really?  Jealous that she’s in the near-death industry of soap opera, a place that middle-aged actors go for career death?  The glory days of soaps were decades ago. Denise is no Erica Kane, and isn’t getting a tenth of what Susan Lucci received. 

Now I know, it’s thrown around that it’s legendary to be on so many magazine covers and how millions of teenage boys wanked to her movies and spreads, but that’s a dubious honor in my opinion. 

On top of all of this, Denise is now the fifth or sixth wife to a cancer scammer who bilks desperate people out of their money. I don’t care how ginormous his dick is supposed to be, I can’t get over the fact that she’s exposed her children to even more drama with him. 

And I’m saying this as someone who adored Denise in her reality show, and admired the hell out of how she has lived her post-Sheen life and cared for her ex’s boys.

Denise is nothing like she’s been on reality shows up to this season, and she’s acting a diva by constantly running away and/or yelling Bravo Bravo Bravo, and demanding some guy come to heel immediately. Lisa wasn’t this bad at her worst. 

• Love 3
On 8/5/2020 at 8:53 AM, lasu said:

Oh, I stopped believing in aging gracefully once I actually started aging, lol.  The only reason I haven't done botox is because of the domino effect with it, but I would love to get a boob lift, and whatever I would need to do tighten my neck and jawline.  But I am more terrified of ending up looking like Brandi or Adrienne than I am looking my age.

Oh yeah - same here.  Although there are procedures for the lower face and neck lift that produce great results, after a certain age, a boob lift is futile.  I asked about it earlier this year to the plastic surgeon who did my tummy tuck.  He said he can do a reduction, but after they've been that way for so many years, implants or even just a lift won't accomplish the desired results.  They've fallen and they can't get up - LOL.   I figured it's better to just accept reality and make peace with it  -- and buy good quality push-up bras from now on.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
On 8/5/2020 at 11:02 AM, lasu said:

I agree. She doesn’t look plastic to me at all. I was honestly surprised by her lack of work done around her jowl area and jaw line. She did say she stopped doing Botox a few years ago when she got together with Aaron because he disagrees with it. Not in a controlling way, she just said he doesn’t like it and his work is about natural therapies so she hasn’t done it in a couple years. I can tell, her face moves a lot compared to everyone else’s forehead who could not raise an eyebrow if they tried. 

• Love 6

Regarding Denise, she has had multiple breast surgeries, probably hundreds of trips to the aesthetician for Botox and whatever over her lifetime.  I believe that when the time comes she will start going under the knife. Currently I get really distracted by her lower face which unless she is full on smiling appears to be in an inflated/deflated balloon style pout which she didn’t have 25 yrs ago and it’s not pretty.  I think she dresses like a slob or maybe call it “beach casual” but people from Hollywood and Beverly Hills always looked down on people from the beach and to an extent, still do.  Half the time she just looks... dirty.  That look only goes so far.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Colfrmb said:

I think she dresses like a slob or maybe call it “beach casual” but people from Hollywood and Beverly Hills always looked down on people from the beach and to an extent, still do.

Not sure where you're getting this information but it's simply not true. Half of Hollywood lives at the beach in Santa Monica, Malibu, Point Dume, etc. And many of those living in BH or Bel Air have weekend places in the beach areas. Nobody's looking down on someone living in Malibu Colony or Point Dume.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

@gingerella, I was born and raised there and my whole family lives either at the beach or in the Hollywood hills. My city relatives did have summer houses at the beach.  Plenty of actors, pro athletes, etc live at the beach. It’s all become high end which is why I said “to an extent”.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Colfrmb said:

Regarding Denise, she has had multiple breast surgeries, probably hundreds of trips to the aesthetician for Botox and whatever over her lifetime.  I believe that when the time comes she will start going under the knife. Currently I get really distracted by her lower face which unless she is full on smiling appears to be in an inflated/deflated balloon style pout which she didn’t have 25 yrs ago and it’s not pretty.  I think she dresses like a slob or maybe call it “beach casual” but people from Hollywood and Beverly Hills always looked down on people from the beach and to an extent, still do.  Half the time she just looks... dirty.  That look only goes so far.

I agree that her cheek and jowl area sags and what was once a pouty mouth as a teen/20’s is now a bit of a sagging frown and I think it detracts some from her beauty. I’m surprised Denise doesn’t do more to correct this because she is still working on HD television, however she seems ok with it. I don’t think it looks great. To me, it looks like natural aging without intervention and a lift. I can’t speculate as to what she may or may not do in the future. She said she wouldn’t ever say never or rule it out as she is not against surgery and has had her breasts done. It is just not for her right now. She said that she wouldn’t do her breasts if she could do it all over again because it required more surgeries for a couple of fixes. I believe her because she doesn’t look, to me at least, like there is a lot of facial work done yet at all. Although it is a cosmetic tool, I don’t consider Botox as plastic surgery, and Denise doesn’t even do that in recent years and it shows. Filler is arguably closer to the concept of plastic surgery, yet still not surgical, because it alters the shape and contour of the face. Filler can be tricky because it can fill in lines, yet it can age you (see Taylor, Adrienne, Brandi) and start looking weird. I don’t see filler in Denise’s face. To me, when first introduced on the show, her natural aging was startling when compared to housewives across all franchises. I didn’t understand why her face looked so aged, so her saying she doesn’t do Botox anymore makes sense why she is not trying to fix it. I think she would benefit from more proactive skin care, but to each her own. She certainly has a busy life and is a gorgeous woman, regardless. 

• Love 5
On 8/8/2020 at 11:10 AM, Anne Thrax said:

Oh yeah - same here.  Although there are procedures for the lower face and neck lift that produce great results, after a certain age, a boob lift is futile.  I asked about it earlier this year to the plastic surgeon who did my tummy tuck.  He said he can do a reduction, but after they've been that way for so many years, implants or even just a lift won't accomplish the desired results.  They've fallen and they can't get up - LOL.   I figured it's better to just accept reality and make peace with it  -- and buy good quality push-up bras from now on.

I've seen a lot of after photos for breast lifts when researching breast implants, and the scarring for lifts is pretty bad. I wonder if there are surgeons out there that have better techniques. I'm hoping by the time I need a lift there will be some advancements with the surgery, otherwise I also say push-up bras all the way. lol

Anyhow, I agree with the posts that Denise doesn't look plastic. She's sort of like Pam Anderson in that because they've had boob jobs and don't look the exact same as in their 20's, people think they've had as much work done as Heidi Montag.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, gingerella said:

Not sure where you're getting this information but it's simply not true. Half of Hollywood lives at the beach in Santa Monica, Malibu, Point Dume, etc. And many of those living in BH or Bel Air have weekend places in the beach areas. Nobody's looking down on someone living in Malibu Colony or Point Dume.

Exactly, I grew up between SoCal and Washington State, the ocean/beach is practically a religion. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 8/5/2020 at 5:33 AM, Anne Thrax said:

Her today face has had fillers around the forehead, crow's feet, naso-labial lines, and her lips have been augmented.  Once you start with that stuff, you have to refresh regularly because it just about completely dissipates over say 6 or 7 months.  People in the business (and not just the women) go to the dermatologist on a regular basis to maintain these treatments, the same way we keep up on our dental health.

I googled just now. She has always had full, pouty lips, but lips do thin with age. Maybe she does get a bit of filler now to compensate. I'm not too sure but I might spot a very subtle nose tweak? The tip of her nose now is thinner than back then.   What draws my attention now more than anything is the downturned mouth and marionette lines, which lend her a slight puppety appearance. Still, I give her credit for not going hog wild like Brandi, who looks ghastly.

• Love 8
On 8/1/2020 at 5:35 PM, Jel said:

I was determined not to watch this season and then ended up caving and watching a little. I probably should have gone with my first instinct.

I like Garcelle and Sutton.

I'm 100% Team Denise. I also saw a micro expression on Denise's face, and I can see why some would think that was a kind of "admission of guilt", but I'm not sure that's it. In the moments prior, Denise had been subjected to a bunch of "It's bad. It's really bad", so we could be seeing some internalized shame about her sexual orientation, and that is what she was reacting to emotionally and that what was showing on her face. I don't know. But even if it was an "OMG I'm busted!",  I do know that what consenting adults do is their business, and the quelle horreur! was not cool. They can now say they weren't judging her sexuality, but like that Seinfeld episode where the manager wouldn't allow Jerry to return a jacket based solely on spite, and Jerry tries to backtrack, the manager points out that "you already said spite", sooo...

That Kyle chooses to believe Brandi...given the choice between someone who's been, if anything, an over-sharer (Denise) and the woman who Kyle herself has called a liar, is way too big a pill to swallow. It's the scud missile, maternal vitamin sized pill.  But please do keep showing us who you are, Kyle.

One huge takeaway for me was Rinna and Tedd's "it's bad. It's really bad."  Beside the fact that that sounded pretty homophobic, what they were doing there was gossiping. This was not some noble quest for the truth, not an important investigation into some serious wrongdoing. It was gossip and none of their business. It was certainly nothing Denise needed to be confronted with. Admittedly gossip may be par for the course for a show like this, but it is never going to be anywhere near the moral high ground. So, Kyle, Teddi, Rinna, you can release your pearls anytime.  They can miss me on the "you're on a tv show about your life, so you should tell all" stuff, since that only seems to apply to others and not them. I can take a little hypocrisy, but this is too much by a lot now.

It's clear they wanted to shame Denise -- from Erika's "I thought we were at Wild Thing's house!" (seriously Mrs Girardi/ErikaJayne? How you harped on everyone about knowing the difference between your stage persona and everyday self, and you expect Denise Richards to be the character she played in a movie 20 years ago?; to the OMGs! Deep shock! Horrified expressions! Evident disapproval. Judgy. 

Denise is absolutely right that sexually explicit conversation is inappropriate for kids to hear, and it wasn't appropriate at her house (where she makes the rules, right Erika?) within earshot of the kids. That's all she said, and she's absolutely correct.  The "mom shaming" angle is a case of special pleading if I have ever heard one.  A new low, even for these women.  They were busted, and instead of just admitting that they were wrong, like they expect others to do, or at least shutting up, they decide to be offended.  We see you, Kyle. Also, how shitty of the producers to show the daughter saying they "didn't care". Jeepers, no teen girl anywhere, with cameras on her, would ever pretend she was fine with something adult when she wasn't. Teens never want to appear cool, right? 😉

I'm glad to see that Kyle's veil is finally slipping. It always  bugged me how she got away with so much clearly shitty, shady, toxic behavior, but it's good to see that so much more of the audience is seeing her for who she is. That's satisfying.

"High Road" Teddi can miss me on pretty much everything. We know Teddi is capable of faking stories because she did this to Dorit, last season, initially, for LVP (she claimed), only to retract it when Kyle explained the LVP takedown plan she realized it was wrong. So in reality, Teddi's far from above this sort of set up/lying for a friend stuff.  Teddi's All In.  The Brandi reveal scene stank of ham. Brandi's deep, deep devastation about being turned into a cheater, sigh.  New angle! Now *I* was made the cheater! Geez, can we get another topic from her? Ever? Or is that all she's got? 

And finally, I have to say how much I admire the awesome people and show manipulation skills of LVP! Even from far away, with zero contact with any of them, she's able to manipulate them into scheming and lying and setting someone up.  Remember how it was "so nice" how they all got along after Lisa left? And how everyone was so chill and so cool and not scheming or plotting or manipulating anything?  Because they are all above that sort of thing (Hi Rinna!). Someone on Twitter pointed out that whenever a cast member has a problem with Rinna, suddenly stories about said cast member are leaked to the press. What a coincidence! Year after year.

I love your take on this!!!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

I love your take on this!!!

I love your taste in takes! ;)

(Seriously though, thank you :)

Edited by Jel
  • Love 2
On 7/29/2020 at 10:39 PM, goofygirl said:

Was it Dorito that wore the CHA  NEL earrings last year or so??  Since she had on the CHA   NEL  white blouse, I wondered why she didn't wear the earrings too.  The pearl thingies glued on her face though.... OW!

I don't like Dorit, but I kind of feel like she's trolling us by continuing to wear the "CHA NEL" stuff after getting dragged for it on social media.  It's almost like she's doing it as a "bit," at this point.  Maybe I'm giving her too much credit. 

• LOL 3