Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E12: Roman Rumors

• Start Topic

12 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I actually don't mind Dorit speaking Italian on the show, at least she knows how to speak another language, more than I can say for the other so called cultured women on this show.

Kyle can speak enough mangled Spanish to ask her housekeeper to bring up water and wine!  😉

• LOL 19
  • Love 4
On 7/30/2020 at 4:40 AM, Kiki777 said:

Brandi is such a liar that if she said ‘the sky is blue’ I would not believe her until I saw it for myself.  I still think this was a scripted gang-up planned by the others.  

I will always have a soft spot for Frank Stallone’s one-hit wonder because of this unintentionally hilarious dance sequence - the first 20 seconds is all I need to get me smiling:

I have a friend who got her SAG card from being in that movie.  I will have to ask about it someday.  HA!

Bravo peeps:  Do NOT bring back Brandi.  I can't with her Claire's hairpiece and jacked up face.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I can't with her Claire's hairpiece and jacked up face.

Haha!  I don't think you can tell in my tiny thumbnail, but I'm wearing a clip on pony in my profile picture!  No shame in my game, but I spotted Brandi's the second she appeared on screen.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

Here is my 2cents.  Do I believe Brandi?  Yes it probably happened.  Between Denise's face and the fact I am assuming Brandi learned her lesson in lying via Krupa I am leaning towards yes.  However, I am disgusted that the other women made this a deal and spoke about it on air.  Denise is a mother of minors and a wife.  I find it really gross that at their age they would not have more discretion.  Even if they hate Denise, think about the innocents in this story, Aaron and the girls.  This is a line grown women should not cross.  Ever.  The other women best never scold anyone for saying anything in front of their kids.  I am actually shocked Kyle went there.  She is much more mean that I thought.  And they ALL have their own little secrets they have protected.  My personal rule is if I hear destructive rumors about a friend or coworker, I tell them.  Not perpetuate them.  But privately.

Kyle, Teddi and Rinna need to go.  Rinna goes hulk when Harry is mentioned yet she can speak these rumors about someone who was her friend?  Kim, tell us all about Harry.  Teddi is clearly Kyle's mouthpiece.  Kyle is trying to be Queen Bee but she isn't smooth about it and in fact is just a mean woman.  Rinna needs to quit being the self-appointed conscience of the group/person who makes others tell it all.  It keeps the story off her marriage that has its own rumors and if others are telling it all she doesn't have to.  I also don't want to lay eyes on her children.  And the wigs?  They look awful.

Speaking of Teddi, someone who clearly hates her recommended that dress she was wearing at that dinner.  WOW it was bad.  All her clothing choices are bad.  As are many of Kyle's.  Erika looked like she had a neck injury in that white hat and I didn't like that outfit at all.  Kyle needs to retire the pleather jeggings and sequin jackets.  Also, her line looks like shit on her and that outfit she wore to her own party was ugly.  I am liking Sutton and Garcelle.  Clearly 2020 is fucked up because I sorta like Dorit.  Her clothing is silly but at least it is something to look at and I appreciate the fashion risks.  Whether they land or not isn’t necessary.

Brandi and Kim look all kinds of bad.  Brandi needs to either stop getting facial work done or choose someone reputable.  Her face is jacked.  I appreciate Kim isn't all botoxed and pulled but I am still shaken up by that freaky knot on her head.  She needs to never do that again.  She also needs to lay off the really dark makeup.  Choose a stylist before new chiclets Kim.  Did her scene enable her to buy said chiclets? 

They need to rid themselves of Kyle (and her hangers on like Kim and Brandi), Rinna, Teddi.  Keep Garcelle, Sutton, Denise, Dorit and Erika.  Maybe bring in someone who Kyle can’t stand just to rub salt in the wound.  Ok, that is petty.  HA!

2 minutes ago, lasu said:

Haha!  I don't think you can tell in my tiny thumbnail, but I'm wearing a clip on pony in my profile picture!  No shame in my game, but I spotted Brandi's the second she appeared on screen.

As an ex hairdresser, I see the need for hair pieces either for fun or a change of style.  But there are nice ones out there.  Brandi chose doll hair.

• Love 15
4 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Here is my 2cents.  Do I believe Brandi?  Yes it probably happened.  Between Denise's face and the fact I am assuming Brandi learned her lesson in lying via Krupa I am leaning towards yes.  However, I am disgusted that the other women made this a deal and spoke about it on air.

Yes, I agree with this.  Even if Denise did it and is lying her ass of about it, this is still an incredibly painful thing to go through on tv, and Kyle, Brandi, Kim, and likely Teddi made a choice to bring this on camera for revenge. I don't think cheating on your husband is admirable, but I don't think it was a calculated at this revenge is.  Even Sutton caught on pretty damn quick that it seemed like the entire point of bringing up what Denise supposedly said was merely an excuse to bring up the sex rumor.

7 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

As an ex hairdresser, I see the need for hair pieces either for fun or a change of style.  But there are nice ones out there.  Brandi chose doll hair.

Mine is a lifesaver if I'm dressing up, or it's rainy or super humid outside.  I get so many compliments, I feel it must look sorta natural, and I take the time to use brown eyeshadow to blend the top of my hair into the base of the pony.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, lasu said:

Yes, I agree with this.  Even if Denise did it and is lying her ass of about it, this is still an incredibly painful thing to go through on tv, and Kyle, Brandi, Kim, and likely Teddi made a choice to bring this on camera for revenge. I don't think cheating on your husband is admirable, but I don't think it was a calculated at this revenge is.  Even Sutton caught on pretty damn quick that it seemed like the entire point of bringing up what Denise supposedly said was merely an excuse to bring up the sex rumor.

Mine is a lifesaver if I'm dressing up, or it's rainy or super humid outside.  I get so many compliments, I feel it must look sorta natural, and I take the time to use brown eyeshadow to blend the top of my hair into the base of the pony.

I am sure it does look natural.  From your photo it looks like it is all your own hair.  You would think Brandi would have access to better hair pieces.  

• Love 5
(edited)

WTF was Teddy wearing?  It looked like something a two year old would put together with scotch tape.

Too bad Teddy was so upset that Denise was telling the truth, she is pathetic and desperate.  And yes, she's been living in her father's shadow because before this show I didn't know who the hell she was, I still don't.  What is she, an "accountability coach?"

Well, she like Kyle is an idiot because if Brandi told me the sun rose in the east, I'd have to fact check it.  

I wish that Denise or someone sued Bravo and they loose so much money they have to declare bankruptcy and disappear before shrinking away and "changing their format" like Oxygen did.  

And dumbass Teddy, they ALL care about their images, even you.  

And if any of them had brains they would figure out that Brandi said all that shit because she wants to be on the show again?  I mean what is the woman even doing for money these days?

Sutton FTW.

Edited by Neurochick
  • LOL 3
  • Love 12
(edited)

A very succinct and comprehensive    explanation of what a fraud and grifter Teddy Mellencamp really is for people who don’t know.

Remember this the next time she starts lecturing about morality and accountability.

Edited by The Ringo Kidd
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12
(edited)
2 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Do I believe Brandi?  Yes it probably happened.  Between Denise's face and the fact I am assuming Brandi learned her lesson in lying via Krupa I am leaning towards yes.  However, I am disgusted that the other women made this a deal and spoke about it on air.  Denise is a mother of minors and a wife.  I find it really gross that at their age they would not have more discretion.  Even if they hate Denise, think about the innocents in this story, Aaron and the girls.  This is a line grown women should not cross.  Ever.  The other women best never scold anyone for saying anything in front of their kids.  I am actually shocked Kyle went there.  She is much more mean that I thought.  And they ALL have their own little secrets they have protected.  My personal rule is if I hear destructive rumors about a friend or coworker, I tell them.  Not perpetuate them.  But privately.

Love the entire post, especially the bolded.

We can choose to believe or not believe Brandi.  I actually believe her.  I believed her the day she told Kyle and Teddi in Kyle's bedroom, and I believed it more when Denise made comments at the dinner in Rome, basically giving away that "it" happened.  She said something about the fact that Aaron was there, and then she backed out of it, and about "that" happened, which she changed immediately.  I'm also very intrigued by body language study, and Denise body language gave a lot of clues (frozen Botox non-facial expressions notwithstanding).

However....for the women to say this on camera, knowing full well that Bravo would eat this up and yes, air it, is disgraceful.  Denise has children, she has a husband, she has a professional career.  What she does in her bedroom, with or without her husband's knowledge, is her business.  

The women have brushed off Denise's concerns about threesomes by saying that her teenage daughter already knows about them, which is not the point at all.  Yes, Denise has been open about the size of Aaron's package, etc., but obviously, what happened/did not happen between her & Brandi was obviously meant to not be shared.

For these women to purposely share this, on camera, is horrible.

For Brandi to come on camera and say this, is disgusting.  Brandi should be ashamed of herself.  

I'd love to know the real secrets of the Rinna/Hamlin marriage.  I have my guesses and opinions.  But she doesn't want it shared, and so....it isn't shared.  Period.

Edited by Starlight925
  • Love 14
3 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I feel like I must be missing something. Why do people sign up for her program when it's so expensive and no one has any special education?

Because they are rubes and marks and are dazzled that she is on TV.

It’s a con.

• Love 12
(edited)
13 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I feel like I must be missing something. Why do people sign up for her program when it's so expensive and no one has any special education?

Actually, I often feel like I could use an Accountability Coach, or partner, to get my ass off the couch, or to snap that cookie out of my hand.  I've looked into Noom.  But for "real" reasons, like having a workout partner, or a friend to meet you for the workout, so you don't skip out.  

But not something like Teddi's exorbitantly priced program.

The women who sign up for Teddi's program need to be yelled at, they need Extreme Accountability Coaching, because being above a size 4 in their world is obese.  They always have Galas and Events to attend, and the latest Dior doesn't look as good on a 12 as a 0.  So they sign up to be yelled at, to be held accountable for the extra half of the apple, and you know what?  They don't care that they're not qualified or educated.  They just need someone to pat them on the back, tell them that their arugula and goat cheese salad has too much goat cheese, and to pedal 20 more minutes.  

Edited by Starlight925
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
Just now, RealHousewife said:

It has a name attached to it. It probably does produce results, at least temporarily and there's that 0.1% of the program users that can probably keep those results by continuing to follow a soulless, automaton diet and exercise plan (although I bet if you did a Venn diagram of that subsection of the ALL IN program and the subsection of Instagram Moms who pop their kids Ritalin for extra fuel, the circles would overlap like whoa). But it's not healthy. All these things talk like this is something you can keep up for life which you can't. You wanna drop five dress sizes to fit into your dream wedding dress? This might make it happen. You might kill yourself and chances are you'll end up in therapy but you'll also look amazing in your wedding pictures and that is the most important thing, right?  

The real point of these programs is that they work for a short period of time and then you put the weight back on and hate yourself so you sign up again. And again. And again. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 9
(edited)
12 minutes ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

Because they are rubes and marks and are dazzled that she is on TV.

It’s a con.

If you miss posting pictures of one meal by more than an hour, you are kicked out- no refund. No chance to explain. Canceled access. So if you get in a car accident and miss your lunch— bye. They don’t care why and say that makes the program stronger. ALL IN— no excuses. Paying $1000 for 10 days to post a picture of your meals to be approved or you are kicked out is insane. Because Teddi is insane and has to live this way to make herself not fall to pieces. The sad part is that people think the military style Bootcamp is what they need to be like Teddi and can’t wait to sign up to be accountable every day. I can’t stand Teddi. Not that it is relevant to the program, it just needed saying. 

Edited by Luckylondon
  • Useful 2
  • Love 14
3 minutes ago, Luckylondon said:

If you miss posting pictures of one meal by more than an hour, you are kicked out- no refund. No chance to explain. Canceled access. So if you get in a car accident and miss your lunch— bye. They don’t care why and say that makes the program stronger. ALL IN— no excuses. Paying $500 to post a picture of your meals to be approved or you are kicked out is insane. Because Teddi is insane and has to live this way to make herself not fall to pieces. The sad part is that people think the military style Bootcamp is what they need to be like Teddi and can’t wait to sign up to be accountable every day. I can’t stand Teddi. Not that it is relevant to the program, it just needed saying. 

Wow. If that's all true, sounds like the policy is very unkind.

I'm a thin person, get fit really easily, and have some basic nutrition knowledge. I can totally help and hold friends accountable for free!

• Love 13

Yeah, it's not the successes that make them money - those are just the marketing tools. It's the desperate failures and those that get kicked out but need to be thinner/healthier/better so they come back that keep the business going. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
(edited)
10 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Yeah, it's not the successes that make them money - those are just the marketing tools. It's the desperate failures and those that get kicked out but need to be thinner/healthier/better so they come back that keep the business going. 

And she uses the money to try to buy outfits and glam that make her acceptable so that she can live her life in Beverly Hills as a thin person accepted in the group. She is so desperate for acceptance, it is truly painful to watch. That’s why the comments hurt her so much. She is boring and needy to be relevant. If she wasn’t, she would laugh hearing someone say that. Instead she cries because she feels it is true. Her response to a minor criticism that everyone is saying anyway (not like it is a secret— read these boards) is to plot to blow up people’s lives who have done nothing to her, see Dorit, LVP and Denise. Like ruin your life level blow up and trash your reputation and business and marriage on TV because she has to be honest that she was (again) manipulated. 

Edited by Luckylondon
  • Love 14
6 minutes ago, Luckylondon said:

And she uses the money to try to buy outfits and glam that make her acceptable so that she can live her life in Beverly Hills as a thin person accepted in the group. She is so desperate for acceptance, it is truly painful to watch. That’s why the comments hurt her so much. She is boring and needy to be relevant. If she wasn’t, she would laugh hearing someone say that. Instead she cries because she feels it is true. Her response to a minor criticism that everyone is saying anyway (not like it is a secret— read these boards) is to plot to blow up people’s lives who have done nothing to her, see Dorit, LVP and Denise. Like ruin your life level blow up and trash your reputation and business and marriage on TV because she has to be honest that she was (again) manipulated. 

People who can't stand minor criticism need not sign up for reality television. I am the first to say these people are human and don't deserve constant attacks, to have their most personal secrets exposed, etc. But if someone calls you boring and you cry, someone as untrustworthy as Brandi Glanville says another housewife you're not close to and don't really like anyway may have some mutual feelings, and that gives you anxiety to the point of tears again, you're not cut out for this gig sweetie. Also, I'm curious what Teddi's feelings would be toward the women mentioned if Kyle liked them. She and Kyle really are a package deal.

Teddi essentially called Lisa Vanderpump a lying backstabber, but she expected her to agree to disagree and coexist and for it to not be a big deal, and this was when the woman was mourning the suicide of her only sibling! IRC, Teddi also called Erika out for being phony last season. Why does this woman think she can say whatever she wants about others, but no one can dare say anything about her? If she were a sweet sensitive soul who cared just as much for others, I'd cut her more slack. None of us want to hear negativity about ourselves, but she's being a crybaby with double standards. The kindest people make mistakes, but there is now a pattern with her. A truly softhearted person wouldn't dream of taking down Dorit, of ganging up against Lisa Vanderpump, or of ganging up against Denise. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 18

First time poster, long time reader. 
Denise is lying, but I don’t even care. The rest of them are so messy. 

I hated Teddi’s leopard maternity dress, and I’m a leopard fan. Also - she is really that distraught over someone saying she lives in her dad’s shadow? Hardly anxiety inducing, if I even believed Denise would bother to say that, which I don’t.

• Love 3
(edited)
On 7/30/2020 at 8:32 AM, tranquilidade said:

I watched this because I wanted to see the trip to Rome and I was shocked at how they all acted in public. First off, they seem to think they all have to scream to prove they are deliriously happy having great time, laughing hysterically at the smallest thing and attracting attention of everyone around them, dressed in ridiculous attention seeking clothing to advertise wealth and privilege as if this makes them more important, and praising each other effusively to validate this.  The stares they got said it all: UGLY AMERICAN STEREOTYPE.   Thank you ladies for helping to promote this crap.

The shopping disgusted me.  Those same stores are found in Beverly Hills and they acted like never saw them before, salivating and squealing like pigs.   They ran around like it was Black Thursday in Macy's.  They demonstrate such vulgar consumerism and lack of sophistication.  I understand wanting to do some shopping but this was embarrassing to watch especially during these times.   Kyle walks around all the time with hungry eyes...always wanting something more.  She is one deeply unhappy and starving woman.

The way they treated Denise putting her on trial after welcoming her arrival, all knowing the plan of attack was horrible.  It made them  look like a pack of a hungry wolves.  (Only wolves have a right to act that way, people don't.)   Denise  denied the remarks and now it is her word against Brandi's word. It's a stalemate.  This show is now about character assassination.  Why not just get a firing squad and get it over with.  Let's now get a detective and dig up every humiliating detail in each person's past since as stupid shit stirring mean girl Teddi says: This is what they signed up for.  

My theory is that Brandi was Denise's close friend for a short time and got iced because she deserved it. Brandi is angry because she was dumped (again) and determined to get revenge and be on the show.  

They are trashy rubes at their core. Not one of them came from an elegant, cultured home. No manners, no sophistication. 

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Love 11

FWIW, much as I don't like it as a business strategy, there is a difference between a multilevel marketing strategy and a pyramid scheme. I don't know anything about Teddi's company but if she is using multilevel marketing, that is legal, so long as you are offering a product or service. Pyramid schemes that are just about taking money without offering a good or service in return are not legal.  Mary Kay Cosmetics, for instance, is an example of a legal multilevel marketing company. 

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

FWIW, much as I don't like it as a business strategy, there is a difference between a multilevel marketing strategy and a pyramid scheme. I don't know anything about Teddi's company but if she is using multilevel marketing, that is legal, so long as you are offering a product or service. Pyramid schemes that are just about taking money without offering a good or service in return are not legal.  Mary Kay Cosmetics, for instance, is an example of a legal multilevel marketing company. 

That's why I didn't call it either of those things - but I said there are parts of the business that mimic parts of a pyramid scheme and/or an MLM business, mainly in structure (and as I said in the original post, probably in language). I think "pyramid scheme", for better or worse, has been misused to the point that the definition has changed slightly. MLMs like Mary Kay are a whole 'nother story unrelated to this but are also shady and predatory as fuck, much like ALL IN by Teddi. 

• Love 13
On 7/30/2020 at 1:32 PM, Rahul said:

Third, and most importantly, Denise negotiated a $4 million four-year contract on RHOBH. Not only would she be paid many times more per season than any of the other women but she also earned herself tenure upon signing before her first season, which was heretofore unheard of. 

IMHO, these harpies are doing their darn best to malign and defame Denise in an attempt to have her quit the show as they did to Lisa Vanderpump. They are seething with jealousy that Denise has been running in circles around them not only in her value to Bravo but in audience approval as well.

Holy smokes! And Spot. On. ESPECIALLY that greedy BITCH, Rinna. Last time she saw that kinda cash she was wearing a diaper.

This is the nucleus of the whole circus. Brilliant deduction.

• LOL 3
  • Love 21
(edited)

I 1000% agree that Rinna is seething with jealousy and hatred for Denise because of the money and contract that Denise got. Rinna has to parade her daughter’s obsessive compulsive disorders and neuroses on camera for money and she is angry that Denise can breeze in and out with a 4-year multi-million dollar deal. Denise’s attempt to protect her kids or look like she is protecting her kids is actually fueling Rinna’s anger more and making her hate her more and want to prove that she is no Saint Denise. As Erika would say, “that’s YOUR friend...”, Denise. 

Edited by Luckylondon
  • Love 18

I'm pretty sure that part of the sign-up process for ALL IN by Teddi includes an NDA - or at least it did at one point. It's hard to find detailed information about it. I tracked down a bunch of stuff last season because I was curious about what the business was and there are a few posts here and there on different sites but not a lot of clear "I signed up for ALL IN by Teddi and this is my story" information. 

I mean, there's no doubt that Teddi follows her own program. We've seen her desperation to eat a single chip when they were in France and this episode, she's still working out at seven months pregnant while in Rome (bringing it back on topic like a bawse!). I guess maybe it also sucks all the fun and humour out of a person and that's why Teddi is the way she is. I don't think anyone would be fun or funny if they were surviving off of celery fumes. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 13
On 7/30/2020 at 5:20 PM, LibertarianSlut said:

I don’t hate Kyle at all.  The only time I hated her was season one, when she was queen of mean and ditzy.  Something about her standing up and cheering for the Lakers at the Kings game that Adrienne flew them to privately did something to me.  I was totally on Camille’s side season one.  And that sort of stretched into season two when Kim hid Brandi’s crutches and Kyle did a talking head of “that’s the Kim I know!”  Since then, I think she’s changed a lot, she’s become more vulnerable, she’s let us into her life.  I like her kids.  I liked her husband, until he apparently became a stoner, and I think Kyle is a warm person who has flaws.  

I just can’t deal with Kyle’s stories.  Last season in Provence, remember she choked up about her “eating disorder” where she would sometimes swap out a V8 juice for a meal and she was down to only 99 lbs?  Kyle is 5’2” or 5’3”.  Weighing 99 lbs at that height in one’s early twenties doesn’t exactly set off alarm bells; it’s just being a skinny person.  Similarly, with this story about sex, I know it was for a game, but it didn’t have a beginning, middle and end.  A proper story, for me, is like, “the first time I had sex, my sister told my mom and we had to have a family meeting and I was so embarrassed and I was grounded for a month.  I never saw the guy again, because my mom called his mom, and my mom never let me shut the door again until I was in college.”  

Kyle’s story was like, “the first time I had sex, there was a family meeting.  And Kathy!  And Kim!”  Like, ok, where is the story there?  I noticed something creepy about that story too—Kyle wouldn’t reveal her age when she was caught and at first I thought it was so it wouldn’t embarrass Mauricio, but then I realized she said that Kim saw the two of them having sex and pulled the covers off.  Kim is four years older than Kyle.  So, what’s the earliest Kyle would have been having sex?  Fourteen?  Fifteen?  That means Kim would have been an adult who walked in on her teenage sister having sex and instead of shutting the door or telling their mom, she did something really abnormal and almost incestuous.  I don’t think that was the best story.  

I’ll also call Kyle out anytime she displays bad behavior, just like I call each and every one of them out or there would be no point for me to watch the show.  I do like Kyle though.  Despite the bullshit, there’s something down to earth about her that I don’t recognize in, say, Erika.  That’s ok if that’s an UO.  I have many of those.  

As far as Denise telling the waiter she is allergic to garlic, and I said that annoyed me as a former server, it’s not the message that’s being conveyed; I said that in my original post.  I don’t like the bitch, but I don’t think she should suffer an allergic reaction so that some waiter doesn’t have to write something down.  

My impression was that she was being condescending with the “sorry” and the smirk.  I don’t like when people say they’re sorry for things that don’t need apologies, and it’s really not a big deal to have the cook take something out of the dish.  Last season on RHOC, Braunwyn wanted a milk substitute for her coffee, which is fine—I don’t love milk in my coffee either—but she was so little-girly about it and hemming and hawing that it bothered me.  Everyone just order like an adult to an adult.  When I saw Denise do this, it reminded me of the time at the beginning of the season when she started dressing down the waiter for bringing her the wrong tequila in New York, and now I’m starting to see a pattern.  It’s so easy to say, “this isn’t what I ordered.  Please take it back and bring me the Patron” or whatever, instead of making it a big deal.  And if the eating establishment messes up in any way that significantly impacts a dining experience, they should comp the meal or the drink.  But you have to speak to a manager to get that.  The only time I think one should get into it with the wait staff is when the staff is actually being rude.

In what might be a tiny defense of Denise, when I was in Rome, the vast majority of the servers were middle-aged men, and a lot of them had a chip on their shoulder.  I think it’s because the tipping system is different over there.  Maybe she sensed passive-aggression from the waiter, and was serving it back.  The only point I’m trying to make here is that I don’t care if Denise modifies her meal for any reason in the world.  It’s just, ask like a person, not like an entitled prick.  I never would have even noticed it if the New York/tequila thing hadn’t happened.

I agree with some of this.  I don’t think Brandi saying, “well at least I’m not doing crystal meth in the bathroom” made her a liar.  She was implying that Kim was doing crystal meth in the bathroom, and I wouldn’t be surprised if she had been.  I also wouldn’t be surprised if Mauricio had cheated on Kyle.  I agree with you that Kyle can’t have it both ways and say on the one hand that Brandi is telling the truth about Denise, and on the other hand, Brandi was lying with regard to Kyle’s family repeatedly.  That’s a good point.  

I was thinking about this last night, and I remember something totally different in the season nine war between Camille and Dorit.  To my recollection—and I watched it when it aired, and right before this season aired—Camille’s house just burned down, so no one was going to be mean to her, and she came to the restaurant and repeatedly told them to bring any issues they had to her, and they did, and Camille retorted by saying that PK owes millions of dollars to a close friend of hers, Dorit denied it and was somewhat taken aback, but she didn’t shy away from the issue.  I think they both knew it made for good TV.  Denise was the one who shut it down, and I remember posting at the time that I found that very annoying, because who is she to control Camille or Dorit’s narratives?

They have spoken about the lawsuits against PK, Tom and Mauricio at the season nine reunion.  All three women had to answer for the rumors.  That was when Kyle got very defensive and started making fun of the name or place of origin of the questioner, and it was a really bad look for her.  

Lisa has had Harry brought up on camera, and she decided to break a glass on a boat in Amsterdam.  If the glass-breaking was that scary that no one dare utter his name five seasons later, then they are just a group of chickens, but I don’t think it’s Lisa’s job to survey the group about their opinion of her marriage; people should have the balls enough to bring it up on their own if they want to.  

Kyle has had to deal with the Mauricio cheating allegations in season four, and somehow got away from them, whether people believe it or not (and I don’t totally believe it, so she didn’t completely live that one down to this day).

Denise is not a victim here.  She can and should bring up all of these incidents and more if she wants to.  I think that makes great TV.  I’ve also said repeatedly that I love a fighter, and if she started fighting back, below the belt or not, I would, ironically, start to root for her.  If people are actually making shit up about her whole cloth—which I don’t believe they are—make up shit about them whole cloth.  In season two of Real Housewives of Melbourne (my favorite—when are you coming back, Melbourne??), Janet heard Gamble was saying some really mean shit about her that I believed was true, and Janet didn’t even bat an eye and said to Gamble, “I heard you’re doing heroin!”  Good for her.  No one signed up for The Real Saints of Beverly Hills, or The Real Martyrs of Malibu.  Go big or go home.  

While it may not be the most trackable story to tell how these women’s husband’s are either in lawsuits or Canada or both, I have confidence that they can make hay of it if they want to.  Lynn Curtin’s daughter getting the eviction notice on season five of Real Housewives of Orange County was great TV.  

So if Denise wants to keep pretending she’s on another show—a show that allows you to cut and keep things off air, perhaps the way her old reality show on E! allowed—she is going to keep getting stepped on.  Everyone on this show had to take their licks to one extent or another.  Kyle literally cornered Lisa in Mexico about her allegations about Kim being close to death.  “The view” of Erika’s vulva was discussed for an entire season.  Dorit had cocaine allegations made against her.  Erika almost cold-clocked Teddi for saying she had “pretend amnesia.”  Kyle is still smarting from the beating her reputation took for going to LVP’s house to say she didn’t believe her about the tabloids.  The only one who hasn’t had the shit beaten out of them metaphorically is Garcelle, and maybe next season it’s her turn, or maybe she just gives off the vibe that she can’t be fucked with.  But Denise has to learn to run with the big dogs. 

If someone accused me of sleeping with Brandi, on or off camera, I’d deny it once in a calm voice.  I might laugh about it a little.  If I had slept with her, and I didn’t want people to know, I wouldn’t talk about it, and if I didn’t think it was their business, I’d calmly say, “I’m not sure that’s any of your business.”  If I was confronted once about whether I said people were cold hard bitches, etc, and I hadn’t said it, I’d state once that I hadn’t said it and I’d return to my meal.  If I had said it, I’d cop to it and explain why in a no-nonsense matter.  If they kept hocking me past the point that I thought it was pleasant, I would say, “you’re making this meal unpleasant for me and this is inappropriate.”   I guarantee another fight would have broken out around the table in the time it took me to utter three or four sentences.  Worst case scenario, I’d have to excuse myself from the table like Erika did in Provence and we’d resume the discussion at a cooler time.  When Denise engages in all the fragility and the histrionics, she becomes her own worst enemy.  

She’s kind of reminding me of Tinsley on RHNYC—if you are a forty-something year old woman and you refuse to stand your ground against other women, then how can I be expected to stand behind you?  If you fight, even if you’re wrong, I’ll pick up on that spirit and back you.  I can’t back a person who returns to the well of women who are hazing them time and time again without a game plan or a cogent defense.  

I’m always impressed with the way you write. You must be a lawyer. If not, you should be, you would be a great one!

• Love 5
(edited)

Teddi was the (admitted) "fat girl", and she grew up in her father's shadow.  I don't know that her father ever meant for her to feel that way, but it's probably just what happens when you experience a sudden rise to fame.  Her father also admitted to many affairs, and divorced her mom when she was young, so there was that bit of instability.

But once she lost the weight, she seems to have pendulum-swung the complete other direction, not allowing herself one chip, or one morning to sleep in, preferring to spend an hour on the elliptical.

She seems to be so completely scared of gaining a few lbs., that she'll do whatever it takes not to become that "fat girl" again.  It's my belief that there's something deeply psychological going on there, in that she may relate her "fat girl" days to some massive unhappiness, when the two things might be completely unrelated.  Or that someone made an unkind comment or two, something like that.

So since she'll do anything to stay thin and fit, she built a business around which she literally isn't allowed to stray off plan for one meal, for one morning of exercise.  It's become obsessive and, yes, boring.

Edited by Starlight925
  • Useful 2
  • Love 11
19 hours ago, goofygirl said:

KiKi777, thank you for that clip!! I'd TOTALLY forgotten about "Stayin Allive" the movie!! And really, didn't old Travolta look DAMN GOOD??  Still can't figure out which one is Frank Stallone!  

Frank Stallone sang the song ‘Far From Over’ that they are all dancing to.  (Yes Travolta was so cute in those days and super fit!)

Speaking of fit, I was a bit surprised at how hard Teddi was working out this far along in her pregnancy.  What I had always seen as dedication now seems like an obsession, and after seeing the posts about her business and so-called fitness plan... yikes.  I hope her baby turned out healthy at least 🙁

• Love 6
9 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

Teddi was the (admitted) "fat girl", and she grew up in her father's shadow.  I don't know that her father ever meant for her to feel that way, but it's probably just what happens when you experience a sudden rise to fame.  Her father also admitted to many affairs, and divorced her mom when she was young, so there was that bit of instability.

But once she lost the weight, she seems to have pendulum-swung the complete other direction, not allowing herself one chip, or one morning to sleep in, preferring to spend an hour on the elliptical.

She seems to be so completely scared of gaining a few lbs., that she'll do whatever it takes not to become that "fat girl" again.  It's my belief that there's something deeply psychological going on there, in that she may relate her "fat girl" days to some massive unhappiness, when the two things might be completely unrelated.  Or that someone made an unkind comment or two, something like that.

So since she'll do anything to stay thin and fit, she built a business around which she literally isn't allowed to stray off plan for one meal, for one morning of exercise.  It's become obsessive and, yes, boring.

I agree. I think Teddi resents being labeled boring because she is boring. She acts like eating healthy and exercising to maintain a healthy weight is the biggest ideal in life to achieve. Most people manage to do that and accomplish other things and have other things in life to discuss. It is like that is ALL Teddi can manage to do and needs to keep working out or she will have a complete anxiety attack and she wants praise for this.

Do we all need praise because we brush and floss our teeth? It’s basic health maintenance. Sutton came off rude saying that she thought Teddi would be boring... but riiiight?!! I mean I would cringe being seated next to her at dinner too and hearing her defensive sighs that she will make a giant case about every alleged intonation in your voice meaning something bad about someone in the group and then finding a way to publicly “come clean” and tell you what she heard. It’s like maintaining her weight and learning how to defend herself and acting like she doesn’t care if you don’t like her is all she can do when we all learned these skills in health class in middle school. It seems like her emotional growth got stunted at that point and that is how she functions as an adult and wants praise for this adolescent behavior. Kyle identifies with her because she recognizes this energy as the kind that is familiar in her family. The goal to be popular and liked and dress well seems like that of a 13 year old and would even be shallow then.

Maybe I am over the whole “influencer lifestyle” where people make videos about what they eat and make money by gaining “followers.” LVP had snarky wit and could throw shade, yet at least LVP has multiple businesses and several animal charities and manages to volunteer serving food at a homeless shelter every Monday. Teddi works out and talks about people to Kyle. She has a podcast too. I mean Brandi does all those things too. Yet, with no accomplishments or education or much of any interests or hobbies or anything useful to contribute to conversation except crying that she doesn’t know good fashion, Teddi is the moral authority on who said what and if their tone intended something else?!! It’s juvenile... and it’s exhausting to watch.

Teddi has sucked the life and fun out of this show for me watching her co-stars run rings around protecting her feelings because she is relentlessly needy AF, sensitive, paranoid, and child like in her approach to control EVERYONE because of her childhood. It’s like a dictator focused on all the wrong things and wants praise for being on time... but where are we going? 

To me, Teddi is a total killjoy. She killed the trip to Rome because she can’t make dinner conversation and control her anxiety because she heard that Denise slept with Brandi and maybe had sex without telling Aaron and she heard that Denise also said that Teddi sucks and is insecure and Erika is cold. Seriously??? Read a book, get a job, ask Sutton a question about her life or pretend to be interested in something other than you for 10 seconds, Teddi! It’s called being a grown up.

Edited by Luckylondon
  • Love 18
2 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

I’m always impressed with the way you write. You must be a lawyer. If not, you should be, you would be a great one!

Thanks, that’s very kind.  I am a lawyer, but it’s arguable whether I’m great.  Better than some, I guess.

521FF24A-5981-40A5-90AA-7D557F05AD4E.jpeg.5c8a0268060e848c45c9ac6b8fed04d4.jpeg

• LOL 14
2 hours ago, Luckylondon said:

I 1000% agree that Rinna is seething with jealousy and hatred for Denise because of the money and contract that Denise got. 

Rinna has been furious that Lisa Vanderpump got a spinoff called Vanderpump Dogs for the new Peacock streaming channel. She posted something about it on Instagram and then posted a nasty comment that Denise and Brandy should get a spinoff called the Scissors Sisters. (Scissors refers to a sex act that lesbians do). She later deleted it. She is so nasty and vicious and always thinks she is funny and justified. And Denise was her friend for 20 years. Unbelievable.

• Love 18
10 hours ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

I don’t know why everyone is dissing Teddy’s dress at dinner.

It is the best seller in the Dick Butkus collection.

Damn, good zing! 😂

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

Haha! I just got the Dick Butkus reference. Nice! Considering how much teddi supposedly exercises and restricts calories she’s not particularly thin. She’s healthy but she looks kind of big in a lot of pictures, pregnancy aside.  Maybe it’s the broad shoulders and large, masculine face. 
She may actually need to do that just so doesn’t ballon up which she lives in constant fear of. She’s pretty big next to her skinny husband. He looks sickly to me though. 
I’m not sure what the big deal is if Denise et al did have a threesome. I’d probably say, and? Like who cares and why are you so concerned about my sex life? She makes it an issue by reacting. 
Ever season I like Kyle less and less. Her clothing is tragic second to Kim’s face. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Here is my 2cents.  Do I believe Brandi?  Yes it probably happened.  Between Denise's face and the fact I am assuming Brandi learned her lesson in lying via Krupa I am leaning towards yes.  However, I am disgusted that the other women made this a deal and spoke about it on air.  Denise is a mother of minors and a wife.  I find it really gross that at their age they would not have more discretion.  Even if they hate Denise, think about the innocents in this story, Aaron and the girls.  This is a line grown women should not cross.  Ever.  The other women best never scold anyone for saying anything in front of their kids.  I am actually shocked Kyle went there.  She is much more mean that I thought.  And they ALL have their own little secrets they have protected.  My personal rule is if I hear destructive rumors about a friend or coworker, I tell them.  Not perpetuate them.  But privately.

Brandi hasn't learned a goddamned thing from the Joanna K. experience. We've seen that time and time again. My take is she would throw her own kids under the bus to make a quick buck.

She's a sociopath that drags everyone around her into her pit of despair. That's the reason why she and Kim are still friends. They're both needy and helpless used up hags without any stock left to better themselves.. The probably have the same coke dealer. 

I don't care if Denise is lying. Unless Brandi was forced to do something against her will, she can take a seat on her dangling tampon and STFU. No one cares except this dimwitted/broke ass coven that needs something to do to stay relevant since their husbands have long since checked out and have moved on to the latest hot piece of ass and are only around for show and/or high all the time to deal with their crap.

4 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Rinna is a nasty piece of work. 

And that's before we get to her face!

• LOL 4
  • Love 17

There is a very flattering, full-length photo of Teddi holding her new baby in her thread. I was surprised by how different her body looked. There's a nice head shot also. I think being pregnant put a lot of meat on her face. 

• Useful 2
16 hours ago, TexasGal said:

Kyle can speak enough mangled Spanish to ask her housekeeper to bring up water and wine!  😉

She probably uses the same translation app as the people do on 90 Day Fiance. Her housekeeper was probably confused when Kyle asked her to bring the ocean and raisins.

• LOL 14

Instead of yelling Bravo Bravo Bravo, all Denise had to do was calmly say “it didn’t happen and I’m disappointed in all of you to listen to gossip, if that was the case Kyle we would all have to believe Mauricio has been cheating on you for years, and Lisa that would mean we all believe Harry is gay, I mean you guys know that stuff isn’t true, right? So why are we listening to a garbage person like Brandi?”. Then she should have just taken a sip of her drink and sat back and watched them implode. If you’re gonna break the fourth wall BREAK IT. Instead she let herself get flustered. None of these women are very quick on their feet, at my job it’s a survival skill to outwit the vipers I work with. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 19
20 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Kyle, Teddi and Rinna need to go.  Rinna goes hulk when Harry is mentioned yet she can speak these rumors about someone who was her friend?  Kim, tell us all about Harry.  Teddi is clearly Kyle's mouthpiece.  Kyle is trying to be Queen Bee but she isn't smooth about it and in fact is just a mean woman.  Rinna needs to quit being the self-appointed conscience of the group/person who makes others tell it all.  It keeps the story off her marriage that has its own rumors and if others are telling it all she doesn't have to.  I also don't want to lay eyes on her children.  And the wigs?  They look awful.

Speaking of Teddi, someone who clearly hates her recommended that dress she was wearing at that dinner.  WOW it was bad.  All her clothing choices are bad.  As are many of Kyle's.  Erika looked like she had a neck injury in that white hat and I didn't like that outfit at all.  Kyle needs to retire the pleather jeggings and sequin jackets.  Also, her line looks like shit on her and that outfit she wore to her own party was ugly.  I am liking Sutton and Garcelle.  Clearly 2020 is fucked up because I sorta like Dorit.  Her clothing is silly but at least it is something to look at and I appreciate the fashion risks.  Whether they land or not isn’t necessary.

Brandi and Kim look all kinds of bad.  Brandi needs to either stop getting facial work done or choose someone reputable.  Her face is jacked.  I appreciate Kim isn't all botoxed and pulled but I am still shaken up by that freaky knot on her head.  She needs to never do that again.  She also needs to lay off the really dark makeup.  Choose a stylist before new chiclets Kim.  Did her scene enable her to buy said chiclets? 

They need to rid themselves of Kyle (and her hangers on like Kim and Brandi), Rinna, Teddi.  Keep Garcelle, Sutton, Denise, Dorit and Erika.  Maybe bring in someone who Kyle can’t stand just to rub salt in the wound.  Ok, that is petty.  HA!

SO GOOD! Wish I wrote this!

• Love 4
18 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

I'd love to know the real secrets of the Rinna/Hamlin marriage.  I have my guesses and opinions.  But she doesn't want it shared, and so....it isn't shared.  Period.

I heard a rumor that he raped Julianne Phillips back in the day. And when Julianne Phillips was going to accuse him publicly, Lisa Rinna (with whom he was together) went after her like a maniac and threatened her and made her life hell and chased her out of Hollywood. It must be true because all rumors are true, right Kyle? Right Rinna? Let’s get this one out at the dinner table.

edit to add: I think everyone really is kinda scared of Rinna. When she slammed the glass down and went after Kim when Kim started to scratch around that scab, it terrified them into clamming up about it. She may really be nuts. If she did scare Julianne Philips out of Hollywood, who knows how she did it, what she threatened? Even Dried-Apple-Head Kim, who’s been around long enough to know all the ‘rumors’ and probably knew this one, was sober enough to understand to keep her rotting mouth shut.

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Useful 3
  • Love 12
49 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

I heard a rumor that he raped Julianne Phillips back in the day. And when Julianne Phillips was going to accuse him publicly, Lisa Rinna (whom he was with) went after her like a maniac and threatened her and made her life hell and chased her out of Hollywood. It must be true because all rumors are true, right Kyle? Right Rinna? Let’s get this one out at the dinner table.

edit to add: I think everyone really is kinda scared of Rinna. When she slammed the glass down and went after Kim when Kim started to scratch around that scab, it terrified them into clamming up about it. She may really be nuts. If she did scare Julianne Philips out of Hollywood, who knows how she did it, what she threatened. Even Dried-Apple-Head Kim, who’s been around long enough to know all the ‘rumors’ and probably knew this one, was sober enough to understand to keep her rotting mouth shut.

Yes, this is the rumor that's been circulating for years.

This isn't technically a spoiler, because it's the rumor from the past, but since it doesn't technically apply to this specific episode, I'll use a spoiler tag:

Spoiler

Julianne Phillips was in "Sisters", which I loved.  Then she all but disappeared from Hollywood, despite being a very young and beautiful actress; she was married to Bruce Springsteen!

She did a movie with Harry Hamlin, and they started dating.  Unbeknownst to her, he was also dating Lisa Rinna at the time.  Harry was trying to revive his almost-lost career, as it had been a while since his "L.A. Law" days.  Julianne Phillips broke it off with him, but he wanted to have sex with her once more, and....the rumor is....she said no, but he forced himself on her.  Rumor....Rinna threatened Phillips with....what??? (that's the cloudy part)....and ran her out of Hollywood.  Because Rinna wanted to marry Hamlin, and help revive his career, to help elevate her own career.  

Point of all this, and how it relates to this week's episode?  Don't be sharing stuff you don't want shared publicly.  Certain stuff should remain private.  Rinna kept saying she was keeping her mouth shut, due to her saying the word "Munchausen", so she helped egg Teddi into being the bad guy.  But Rinna has enough of her own dirty laundry, the Harry Hamlin gay rumors notwithstanding.

Question:  When Denise kept saying "Bravo!  Bravo!", was that an attempt to not get them to air it, as that's breaking the 4th wall?  Was she assuming that by breaking the 4th wall, they wouldn't air it, if she said something on camera specifically to break the 4th wall?

Edited by Starlight925
  • Love 8
16 minutes ago, Starlight925 said:

Hide contents

Question:  When Denise kept saying "Bravo!  Bravo!", was that an attempt to not get them to air it, as that's breaking the 4th wall?  Was she assuming that by breaking the 4th wall, they wouldn't air it, if she said something on camera specifically to break the 4th wall?

Yes. Something that I just realized after everybody else 🙂 she thought that she could get them to stop filming if she uttered “Bravo Bravo Fucking Bravo.” What she should’ve said was, “Let’s get ALLLL the rumors out!” And then thrown in some made up ones for good measure.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, sadie said:

Instead of yelling Bravo Bravo Bravo, all Denise had to do was calmly say “it didn’t happen and I’m disappointed in all of you to listen to gossip, if that was the case Kyle we would all have to believe Mauricio has been cheating on you for years, and Lisa that would mean we all believe Harry is gay, I mean you guys know that stuff isn’t true, right? So why are we listening to a garbage person like Brandi?”. Then she should have just taken a sip of her drink and sat back and watched them implode. If you’re gonna break the fourth wall BREAK IT. Instead she let herself get flustered. None of these women are very quick on their feet, at my job it’s a survival skill to outwit the vipers I work with. 

Sounds like you've had the perfect training to be a Real Housewife! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5