Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E12: Roman Rumors

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, BusyOctober said:

Erica’s all white shopping ensemble looked almost as stupid as Dorit’s costume.  The turtleneck looked like she was wearing an extra large neck brace. Don’t care that the dumb hat is Chanel.  I know Chanel is global, and luxe, and it’s one of “the” fashion houses, but isn’t it a Parisian house?  Why not drag out vintage Pucci or Schiaparelli, or for this nouveau riche crowd, some Gucci, Dolce & Gabbana or Versace to show off in Rome? 

This made me think of RHONY and Luann telling Alex "Well. Even Louis Vuitton makes mistakes” in regards to the Herman Munster shoes. I have to agree with Luann on this. These women seem to think just because it is a famous label or designer that it MUST be good but that isn't always the case. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 17

Brandi seems to change her story, which I'm not sure is due to lying..or not recalling details clearly.

And OC season 1 to 3 was more a documentary than a reality show.  I think season 1 of BH had some the elements of a documentary..imho

• Love 7
50 minutes ago, Shannah Banana said:

And Brandi and Kim were already mic'd up when they got to Kyle's.  Definitely engineered.

It occurred to me that if Sutton had already heard the rumors about Denise, then maybe Kyle had too.  You know she keeps her ear to the ground all the time. 

And Kyle saying that Kim and Brandi were friends?  That Brandi had been there for Kim?  Brandi is a blackout drunk.  Are we really supposed to believe that Kyle would approve of her hanging with her alcoholic sister?  All of this was staged and btw, Brandi is eating this up on Twitter.

• Love 23
12 hours ago, swankie said:

To me this is being two faced but since it is Garcelle she gets a pass.  I for one don't give her a pass and I guess I'm the only one not on the Garcelle love train.  I think she's boring.  And if she was not asked back next season it wouldn't bother me one bit.  The same goes for Sutton.

You are not alone. I thought I might like Garcelle for a minute, mainly because she had a "normal" party for her kid, but I dislike her more each show. I really don't like anyone on this show anymore. And dragging back the worst ever, Brandy and Kim....this show is seriously done. They are lucky there is such a shortage of new TV shows right now.

• Love 7
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Pattycake2 said:

and btw, Brandi is eating this up on Twitter.

Cause without this NO one gives a shit what she is doing No one has asked hey whats Brandi up to lol  .. so ofcourse she is gonna be rolling around in this like a pig in shit..Its her only shot at relevance before this she was like a bad dream no one wanted to talk about. LOL its really sad ...

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 23

One obvious discrediting detail of Brandi's story is that she first claimed she had an affair with Denise.  Assuming they slept together that is still not an affair.  How can Brandi be a credible source of anything when she admits she was drunk when it happened?  Maybe she had sex with herself and thought it was Denise....

Not that I put much stock into anything Brandi says, but you can be drunk and still know what's happening. "Drunk" and "blackout drunk" aren't the same. Haha, I watch TV "regular drunk" and I know what happens on a show.

• LOL 9
  • Love 6
16 minutes ago, Rahul said:

I agree that Kyle was fully aware of what Brandi's on camera reveal would be and was complicit in staging that entire scene. 

As to the reason for all the Denise backbiting by the coven, I believe it stems from jealousy, plain and simple. Firstly, Denise has achieved a level of professional success as an actress/model that none of the others have. While by no means an A-list star, Denise was arguably more of a household name than any of these other ladies as she's been a Bond girl and married to Charlie Sheen. Secondly, Aaron is much more conventionally attractive and fitter than the other husbands. I'm sure Erika and Dorit are particularly vexed in this department. Third, and most importantly, Denise negotiated a $4 million four-year contract on RHOBH. Not only would she be paid many times more per season than any of the other women but she also earned herself tenure upon signing before her first season, which was heretofore unheard of. 

IMHO, these harpies are doing their darn best to malign and defame Denise in an attempt to have her quit the show as they did to Lisa Vanderpump. They are seething with jealousy that Denise has been running in circles around them not only in her value to Bravo but in audience approval as well.

I do believe Kyle worked last season to bring LVP down thinking that she was going to be the Queen Bee on "her" show finally.  Kyle has always thought that this is her show, and it bothered her for years that the audience loved Lisa more than her.  

8 minutes ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

1000 times this. You are absolutely right!

They should just retool in a show starring Denise.

Keep Garcelle, Sutton and Dorit.

Replace Teddy with Brice Springsteen’s daughter.

Replace Erica with a blow up doll.

Replace Rinna with Tara Reid as they are basically the same person.

Replace Kyle with Melissa Gilbert.

Go on from there. 

I can't imagine the daughter of Bruce and Patti would ever consider filming on this show.  She is also like 28 and too involved with horses to want to film with Kyle or Rinna.

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I can't imagine the daughter of Bruce and Patti would ever consider filming on this show.  She is also like 28 and too involved with horses to want to film with Kyle or Rinna.

Fair enough. Then get one of the loser daughters from Wilson Philip’s to do it. They don’t seem to be too proud to appear on the Housewives and all they seem to be doing is avoiding ham sandwiches.

• LOL 11
10 minutes ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

Fair enough. Then get one of the loser daughters from Wilson Philip’s to do it. They don’t seem to be too proud to appear on the Housewives and all they seem to be doing is avoiding ham sandwiches.

MMMM ham sandwich

• LOL 7

With friends like these who needs enemies?  They drink and fight on RHNY and there’s a resident mean bully, but next day it’s all hugs. I prefer that, I think. This franchise is becoming uncomfortable to watch.

Dorit should be paid for walking about dressed like a billboard advertising Chanel and Versace or whoever... maybe she is?

We can’t pick our height or body type. Sutton has the misfortune  to have inherited thin arms and very thin legs but a thick uncurvy torso. She has the money to dress to hide her imperfections. But she doesn’t do it very well. Thankfully it’s Rome and not a bikini trip. But I kinda like her somehow.

• Love 18
3 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

With friends like these who needs enemies?  They drink and fight on RHNY and there’s a resident mean bully, but next day it’s all hugs. I prefer that, I think. This franchise is becoming uncomfortable to watch.

Dorit should be paid for walking about dressed like a billboard advertising Chanel and Versace or whoever... maybe she is?

We can’t pick our height or body type. Sutton has the misfortune  to have inherited thin arms and very thin legs but a thick uncurvy torso. She has the money to dress to hide her imperfections. But she doesn’t do it very well. Thankfully it’s Rome and not a bikini trip. But I kinda like her somehow.

Yea out of all of these ladies Sutton doesn't bother me as much ... I think its just because they are coming across so High school mean girl clique and running with this ridiculous rumor and she isnt jumping in on it that I have softened to her ....

• Love 15
5 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

I was thinking that too, hopefully she wears a one piece with a pattern and ruching to give her an illusion of a waist.   I like both her and Garcelle but they will not give us the low brow crap that Bravo loves, they won't throw wine glasses or flip tables, they won't salivate at someone's downfall, they won't get drunk and fall down...they are well mannered and Bravo no likey well mannered, normal women.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
16 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Okay, I think I understand why production seems to have it out for Denise. It really does seem like she's treating this "reality tv" show like a character, where she can get multiple takes, etc. I am glad that they have finally broke the fourth wall on this, though, because it was otherwise pretty incoherent. The others don't really care about threesome-gate; what they care about is the fact that Denise has been trying to control the narrative around her by interrupting filming.

Denise is treating this show for what it really and that's why production hates her.  It's like she's lifting the curtain and showing us who the wizard really is.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, Neurochick said:

Denise is treating this show for what it really and that's why production hates her.  It's like she's lifting the curtain and showing us who the wizard really is.  

Well, yes and no. She signed up for "reality tv," not to play a character. If she wanted that much control, she should have tried to develop a scripted show or waited for someone to hire her on a fictional show.  I'm with her on the Brandi stuff, I'm not with her on being overly controlling of the narrative, to the point where she's ruining actual footage so that it can't be used. 

• Love 2
13 hours ago, mbaywife123 said:

Teddi is the hard boiled egg that most really don't like in potato salad and push it off to the edge so that they don't gag on the nasty boiled white pieces.

Haha for me she's the celery 😖

7 hours ago, lamujerdecente said:

do y’all remember when brandy said she kissed or had sex with Gerald Butler or some actor like him. He denied it. 

Just how many times does one have to publicly claim sex with someone and have them vociferously deny it before she learns to shut it? 😄 I would be embarrassed to keep publicly insisting "no - we really really did!"

6 hours ago, tranquilidade said:

My theory is that Brandi was Denise's close friend for a short time and got iced because she deserved it. Brandi is angry because she was dumped (again) and determined to get revenge and be on the show.  

Mine too - added to that, that Denise may have spoken indiscreetly about some of the other bitches to Brandi and that's what she was nervously denying, before the sex thing was brought up.

5 hours ago, blixie said:

I generally like Kyle, but I think for sure this was all engineered by her/Rinna, and they let Teddi do the dirty. 

And Teddi was there with her tongue hanging out and her tail wagging to do it.  Obviously learned nothing from last year 🙄

3 hours ago, Pop Tart said:

Denise got the ball rolling, storyline-wise, by telling them she didn't want the threesome-type talk in front of her kids. Totally cool. Whether it was genuinely upsetting to her kids? Probably not. But she was doing her part for the story. The others took it up and amped up the drama by being "offended" to have been corrected. Then there were all the required scenes of one-on-one conversations with various parties where they're going to clear the air once and for all. Which is never once and for all. That's all part of the deal too.

Now I'm wondering if, as someone else has already suggested, they already knew the Brandi/Denise rumors and the threesome talk was a segue to that, and Denise was aware of it.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

Brandi seems to change her story, which I'm not sure is due to lying..or not recalling details clearly.

And OC season 1 to 3 was more a documentary than a reality show.  I think season 1 of BH had some the elements of a documentary..imho

she changes her story alot because she a sloppy fall down, black out drunk.

• Love 12
1 minute ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Well, yes and no. She signed up for "reality tv," not to play a character. If she wanted that much control, she should have tried to develop a scripted show or waited for someone to hire her on a fictional show.  I'm with her on the Brandi stuff, I'm not with her on being overly controlling of the narrative, to the point where she's ruining actual footage so that it can't be used. 

But they do sign up to "play a character' in a sense.  I listened to  RHOA's Kandi on her YouTube channel and she said in the beginning of the season she tells the producers what's going on in her life and they focus on that, if you don't do that, you have to play the character the producers want you to play.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Nicmar said:

Changing a story is often the sign of lying.  Watch real crime investigations and detectives ask for the story over and over to see if the suspect changes anything.  That's when they know the suspect is lying.

• Love 11
9 minutes ago, J80134 said:

I wish Denise's response would have been, "What can I say? Brandi licks puss like a champ."  The Pearl clutching and faux fainting spells would have been hilarious to watch.

Post of the fucking year! ROFLMAO

• LOL 8
  • Love 11
16 hours ago, Pattycake2 said:

If Sutton said she heard the rumor, it doesn’t make it true.  It only proves that Brandi told this story to other people.  And there a VERY good chance Brandi was drunk at the time.  BTW, Brandi has been to parties at Sutton’s, so they do know some of the same crowd.

Usually when they say they ‘heard a rumor’, or they ‘heard something’ it’s usually production in their ear trying to move the conflict along....hoping they bite and run to go take the target down. 

• Love 6

While by no means an A-list star, Denise was arguably more of a household name than any of these other ladies as she's been a Bond girl and married to Charlie Sheen. 

And honesty she's low key a camp-satirical genius (including and especially her Bond Girl), like Starship Troopers, Wild Things, Drop Dead Gorgeous, and Undercover Brother are all 10/10 movies in my book and and Tammy and the T-Rex is a trashterpiece. And truly think the only reason her career ever tapered even a little is because she chose to be a single mom for her two girls, adopt a third special needs child, and temp foster two OTHER special needs children by her asshole disaster area ex. That was when she segued to having her E! show and soaps, both steadier, less demanding but still good pay. She's sort of throw back gossipy pin up girl, an icon as much based on her dramatic real life as she is for her work on screen. None of this was happening with the ladies last year, but they all watched it back and saw the response to Denise as a cast member and suddenly she's enemy #1 and desperate to be back on this how for years bitch Brandi suddenly has story about what a backstabbing cheating whore DFR is and everyone decides to cosign BG when they all either hate her or don't know her from Adam.

I do think Denise for some reason has let this round with Charlie get to her and it may well be because she's got a new marriage and the kids are older and they understand more now than they did when they were younger and oblivious, so she IS being more precious about how she's viewed but I 100% get why she feels that way, and all these women have a third rail and if this is drama with Brandy is hers let her have it.

Anyway count me in as someone who is also surprised by how much they like Dorit now relative to Teddi/the rest. I also think she's become a bit more self aware, after last season, her whole bit about ordering Italian drinks in really pretty good Italian was in pretty good fun, and I think she has embraced being knowingly ridiculous too bad about still be married to someone gross.

• Useful 1
  • Love 21
31 minutes ago, Nicmar said:

29 minutes ago, tranquilidade said:

Changing a story is often the sign of lying.  Watch real crime investigations and detectives ask for the story over and over to see if the suspect changes anything.  That's when they know the suspect is lying.

Methinks she is both!

• Love 8
(edited)

Erika in that ridiculous (not in the good way)  white get up reminded me of a Jim Carey character - his costume is green though.  I don't know his stuff too well, but I think that who I'm talking about.  

Edited by TV Diva Queen
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
(edited)
17 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

It seems obvious to me, by Denise's own words and actions, that Brandi's story is true. When Garcelle asked Denise if she wanted to know what was being said, Denise replied "If it is a dangerous area, not on camera." Teddi then said that it was already on camera, and that there was going to be more. Denise replied that "there is no truth to that". How did she know what "that" was, since at that point Teddi had not revealed what was being said about Denise? 

Now if someone came to me and said there was some horrible rumour about me, I would say "let's hear it" because I have nothing to hide. I wouldn't worry that it could be a dangerous area, because I don't have any. 

From what I saw on this episode I have no problem believing Brandi. I don't care one way or the other, it's not my problem. But I do believe Denise is the one lying. 

Brandi is a desperate snake and uses clever disruptor tactics. She’ll say one or two truths and then twenty lies. Then prove one of the truths and cry “see?? I told you I was telling the truth, that was true!”. Please. She’s a cockroach and knows how to manipulate and blackmail and use anything embarrassing against her victim. She’ll take something tiny and blow it up and embellish it to death. I bet she even recorded everything. She’s a lowlife and this is her life pinnacle. 

Denise had no idea what was about to be revealed. If it’s a lie, good luck proving it’s a lie, people will believe it no matter what, people LOVE believing dirty shit they read about celebs, look at the rags that make more money than legit newspapers (although today, all are rags now). She has kids, child support battles, etc, she has no idea what crap would come out and of course would want to protect herself. In these times, even if you’re innocent of any slander, disgusting people come out to throw any ugly accusation they can at you and see what sticks. I don’t blame her for wanting to protect herself from whatever those putrid bitches were concocting. How many of us would trust Kyle, Rinna and Teddy at a dinner table with 3 cameras and a boom mike pointed at us?? Who can blame her for wanting to avoid a public ambush?

Plenty of innocent people sank like stones during the witch trials. I guess if they had nothing to hide, they should have said ‘bring it on’, while facing their accusers....

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Useful 2
  • Love 16

The first reality/documentary hybrid was An American Family on PBS in 1973, chronicling the seven members of the Loud family in Santa Barbara, CA. 300 hours were edited into 12 one-hour episodes. The producers realized who and what they had (which is why the Louds were chosen) and, while they herded the family members along the way, they speculated fairly accurately as to how it would unfold. The marriage unraveled and oldest child Lance (who, looking back now, at times resembled the adult JFK, Jr) came out to his family and to the world during filming and was the first ongoing gay character on American TV. 

The HW shows are entirely the result of producer intention. Edits matter to a certain degree but they cannot edit what they are not given. 

• Love 8

I really don't understand why Teddi thinks it would be better for someone to tell her to her face that she is a piece of shit instead of saying it behind her back.  I think it is polite of Denise to vent privately.   I don't believe that Teddy, Kyle, and Rinna can honestly say they haven't trashed other people when in conversation alone and they aren't fooling anyone.  If Denise complained  to Brandi about what bitches they all are,  and they are those things she is accused of saying, what's the big deal? They all talk trash about each other.  Teddi claims they are all authentic when in fact this all shows what hypocrites they all are.

• Love 20
(edited)
7 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I would find it hard to look at and take Dorit seriously if she was saying anything, those pearls stuck to her hairline.  Kyle could have given the background of Brandi's tell all before Teddi started to blurt out everything.  Did anyone else notice that as they started talking about what Brandi said Denise looked as thought she was already crying, like maybe this was take two.

Yes! I think a couple of the others looked emotional before much was said too. I wondered if it was due to how the scene was edited. 

Also, I saw a post mentioning the reason Denise was particularly sensitive about the threesome talk was possibly due to what Brandi said being true/rumors already starting. I suspected that as soon as I saw the threesome episode. I don't blame her one bit for wanting to shut down these gossipy, jealous pit bulls. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 10
2 minutes ago, tranquilidade said:

I really don't understand why Teddi thinks it would be better for someone to tell her to her face that she is a piece of shit instead of saying it behind her back.  I think it is polite of Denise to vent privately.   I don't believe that Teddy, Kyle, and Rinna can honestly say they haven't trashed other people when in conversation alone and they aren't fooling anyone.  If Denise complained  to Brandi about what bitches they all are,  and they are those things she is accused of saying, what's the big deal? They all talk trash about each other.  Teddi claims they are all authentic when in fact this all shows what hypocrites they all are.

Right. 

What about all the crap Teddy used to spout about Van Helen’s kids because they had them take out all the brown M&M’s backstage in 1986!

What a hypothetical cow!

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Again I am gonna disagree with this .....Every interaction she has had with these ladies they have attacked her EVERY SINGLE ONE..... at what point do you just go I am legally contractually  obligated to be here but I cant take anymore? Would you just sit and take it and take it and take it and smile at that table? Be real NO ... you would have gotten up to get away from the Harpies ...... This isnt Tamra getting up and storming off at the first sign of conflict this is her being beaten down over and over and over and now they wanna do it more ... #TeamDenise 

Yup, and I thought the same about Lisa Vanderpump. I definitely believe in a good work ethic, but at a certain point, enough is enough. I don't believe any person should be constantly attacked at work, and yes that includes well-paid reality stars. 

• Love 17
(edited)
20 hours ago, suomi said:

This took me back to a sad snapshot at the beginning of the Santa Barbara (?) dinner table sucker punch. 

Intentional/loaded segue into the topic of Denise's acting career. For a nano second the impression that they were being authentically kind to her and interested in her reply flitted across Denise's face. She looked at their carefully bland faces and it was obvious that she didn't trust her impression and also obvious that she wanted to. 

She answered that one question, they pretended to digest her answer and then BAM what was it like filming a threesome?

Again for a nano second, before forging ahead, her face displayed the realization that she erred in not trusting her initial instinct.

Security expert and provider of professional bodyguards Gavin de Becker wrote that "Humans are the only animals who are conditioned to deny their instincts."

The gazelle at the waterhole doesn't posit that "The lion won't attack me." The gazelle avoids, or runs like hell. 

A woman gets a hinky vibe from a lone man in the elevator when it arrives but, not wanting to be seen as rude or a bitch, enters the elevator and is raped.

This was 100% my read on Santa Barbara too. Denise was unsure of their motives, I saw the micro-expressions on Denise’s face too (trained in it) and she decided it was ok to try to answer honestly and after the follow up questions she realized this was a set up. It was like you could see the thoughts across her forehead as she had them. I wasn’t sure if her extinct was accurate or she is paranoid given... Hollywood friendships, cut throat friends, crazy ex’s or if she was right; however, she did have a micro expression of “I get it now, you are being phoney innocent asking me these questions and you are really a threat. I get it now and I’m done discussing this or my kids.” The ladies didn’t like her swift change and tried to counter the next few encounters with “we don’t want you to be upset” and Denise is now game-face, “I’m not upset (smile— I want to be nice, yet distant, because now I know who you are).” The defensiveness was not appreciated by these women who view their motherhood as one of their biggest life missions and it just swarmed from there. Denise changed in Santa Barbara and has been what others are referring to as fake or guarded or sticking to the surface level and “I will come and support and make nice and do my job and I am fine.” If I was having Denise’s internal thoughts (evidenced by the micro-expressions) that these women are a threat and out to make her look bad by asking her questions, I would handle it as she attempted to also by being light and breezy. That is how to deal with catty people who you realize you want to steer clear with wide birth. The ladies noticed the change and distancing and felt they were caught being “judgey” and kept trying to loop back to get Denise to say it wasn’t their fault and she was not going there as she already said her piece and they started to resent her distant superficial polite persona, instead of the Denise they first encountered who was not guarded because she didn’t feel threatened then. It changed when she pulled back in Santa Barbara. She was slow on the uptake, but got their number there which is why she told Aaron it was not a fun girls trip. She saw the truth that the women were not making conversation to get to know more about her career and life experience— there was an agenda. Her face changed as she turned to a dead on confrontational face and said “I’m not doing this” when realizing she was in a pit of vipers pretending to be friends. The ladies didn’t like this shift to confrontation as they would prefer to pull strings to get the reactions and verbal footage they wanted when Denise’s guard was down. Rinna especially can’t stand this. Rinna hates when she feels anyone is not pulling their weight and showing up for filming (Yolanda, Kim, LVP) ANY HW event. Rinna feels she must film with her family to be interesting. She exposes her Harry’s alcoholic family, her sister’s OD, the daughters’ severe anxiety issues, and Amelia’s anorexia and talks about everyone ELSE’s food and drug issues. She feels she has to go to them all and have conversations being “honest” about the problems of those in her family and her great concern as wide and mother. It’s like she resents that she has to bare her family problems and children’s problems for TV and others can breeze in and out because of “physical/mental health issues, death in the family, working/traveling” and some others may be excused and they still get full HW clout, status, fame and power without sharing “hard stuff.” She has no idea WTF she is talking about or gratitude that she does not have these things in her life, she just gets mad that she is working harder than others and she does everything she can to draw attention to that person being inauthentic and hiding things. Rinna has not gone after Erika for this because she is scared of her, but everyone else... she does this if she senses they are not filming enough or as hard as she is being exposed.  Denise realized it and changed like a switch and didn’t want to give them answers besides co-worker answers about why the kids weren’t there and each event after. She naively thinks that they will be like normal people who at next party you start talking and it’s not discussed again and they don’t do this on this show. The “I’m not giving attention to that energy” won’t work with Rinna because she is mad that she sells out her family for fame and gets mad when the others don’t or can’t be open in produced scenes about their personal issues or their kids’ serious health issues because SHE (felt she) HAD TO. Rinna has to be a bitch, bad friend, bad mom for money so she then then she wants others to be too or at least to show up for everything and film and not try to keep anything private because she doesn’t (except she DOES keep things vaulted as evidenced by her becoming apoplectic at Kim mentioning that Rinna doesn’t want info out about her husband). Erika seems to resent Aaron being around at events as she thinks he is beneath her and therefore should not speak to her other than hello and Rinna feels Denise is different now with Aaron. I think Denise is different with Rinna and all of them once she realized what was happening and that’s when she got actually angry, didn’t have words and would try to leave. She saw who they were and it was no longer friendship, just make nice with work relationships and get out of there. 

Edited by Luckylondon
  • Useful 2
  • Love 11
55 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

Brandi is a desperate snake and uses clever disruptor tactics. She’ll say one or two truths and then twenty lies. Then prove one of the truths and cry “see?? I told you I was telling the truth, that was true!”. Please. She’s a cockroach and knows how to manipulate and blackmail and use anything embarrassing against her victim. She’ll take something tiny and blow it up and embellish it to death. I bet she even recorded everything. She’s a lowlife and this is her life pinnacle. 

Denise had no idea what was about to be revealed. If it’s a lie, good luck proving it’s a lie, people will believe it no matter what, people LOVE believing dirty shit they read about celebs, look at the rags that make more money than legit newspapers (although today, all are rags now). She has kids, child support battles, etc, she has no idea what crap would come out and of course would want to protect herself. In these times, even if you’re innocent of any slander, disgusting people come out to throw any ugly accusation they can at you and see what sticks. I don’t blame her for wanting to protect herself from whatever those putrid bitches were concocting. How many of us would trust Kyle, Rinna and Teddy at a dinner table with 3 cameras and a boom mike pointed at us?? Who can blame her for wanting to avoid a public ambush?

Plenty of innocent people sank like stones during the witch trials. I guess if they had nothing to hide, they should have said ‘bring it on’, while facing their accusers....

I agree - you can't prove a negative.  

• Love 6
(edited)
25 minutes ago, tranquilidade said:

If someone hates me or dislikes me that intensely, I'd rather know it than not, so that I can avoid that person.  Whatever her faults, I think people know where they stand with Teddi. I don't think that anyone has any idea where they stand with Denise. Even if she didn't trash the other women to Brandi, we have seen her trash Kyle to Garcelle and Rinna without really expressing her actual opinions to Kyle.  

In general, I don't find passive-aggressive people polite. And I do think Denise is passive-aggressive, in general. 

Edited by eleanorofaquitaine
  • Love 3
20 minutes ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

Right. 

What about all the crap Teddy used to spout about Van Helen’s kids because they had them take out all the brown M&M’s backstage in 1986!

What a hypothetical cow!

what do you mean "van halen's kids"?  Van Halen used to have that in the contract riders. sinde note:  they did that because they had elaborate sets that with scaffolding and walkways and they thought that if the venues paid attention to the M&M's,they would build the structures right.

• Useful 4
  • Love 6
(edited)
4 hours ago, J80134 said:

EJ's glamsquad is trying desperately to bring back the 90s Brown lip liner with nude lips look back. Note to Mikey, making someone's mouth look like an over-inflated asshole is never the way to go

Case in point:  LISA RINNA!

Edited by Shannah Banana
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, swankie said:

Except the subject was brought up to have a fun discussion in the group.  I guess i don't hate Kyle as much as others do. 

I don’t hate Kyle at all.  The only time I hated her was season one, when she was queen of mean and ditzy.  Something about her standing up and cheering for the Lakers at the Kings game that Adrienne flew them to privately did something to me.  I was totally on Camille’s side season one.  And that sort of stretched into season two when Kim hid Brandi’s crutches and Kyle did a talking head of “that’s the Kim I know!”  Since then, I think she’s changed a lot, she’s become more vulnerable, she’s let us into her life.  I like her kids.  I liked her husband, until he apparently became a stoner, and I think Kyle is a warm person who has flaws.  

I just can’t deal with Kyle’s stories.  Last season in Provence, remember she choked up about her “eating disorder” where she would sometimes swap out a V8 juice for a meal and she was down to only 99 lbs?  Kyle is 5’2” or 5’3”.  Weighing 99 lbs at that height in one’s early twenties doesn’t exactly set off alarm bells; it’s just being a skinny person.  Similarly, with this story about sex, I know it was for a game, but it didn’t have a beginning, middle and end.  A proper story, for me, is like, “the first time I had sex, my sister told my mom and we had to have a family meeting and I was so embarrassed and I was grounded for a month.  I never saw the guy again, because my mom called his mom, and my mom never let me shut the door again until I was in college.”  

Kyle’s story was like, “the first time I had sex, there was a family meeting.  And Kathy!  And Kim!”  Like, ok, where is the story there?  I noticed something creepy about that story too—Kyle wouldn’t reveal her age when she was caught and at first I thought it was so it wouldn’t embarrass Mauricio, but then I realized she said that Kim saw the two of them having sex and pulled the covers off.  Kim is four years older than Kyle.  So, what’s the earliest Kyle would have been having sex?  Fourteen?  Fifteen?  That means Kim would have been an adult who walked in on her teenage sister having sex and instead of shutting the door or telling their mom, she did something really abnormal and almost incestuous.  I don’t think that was the best story.  

I’ll also call Kyle out anytime she displays bad behavior, just like I call each and every one of them out or there would be no point for me to watch the show.  I do like Kyle though.  Despite the bullshit, there’s something down to earth about her that I don’t recognize in, say, Erika.  That’s ok if that’s an UO.  I have many of those.  

As far as Denise telling the waiter she is allergic to garlic, and I said that annoyed me as a former server, it’s not the message that’s being conveyed; I said that in my original post.  I don’t like the bitch, but I don’t think she should suffer an allergic reaction so that some waiter doesn’t have to write something down.  

My impression was that she was being condescending with the “sorry” and the smirk.  I don’t like when people say they’re sorry for things that don’t need apologies, and it’s really not a big deal to have the cook take something out of the dish.  Last season on RHOC, Braunwyn wanted a milk substitute for her coffee, which is fine—I don’t love milk in my coffee either—but she was so little-girly about it and hemming and hawing that it bothered me.  Everyone just order like an adult to an adult.  When I saw Denise do this, it reminded me of the time at the beginning of the season when she started dressing down the waiter for bringing her the wrong tequila in New York, and now I’m starting to see a pattern.  It’s so easy to say, “this isn’t what I ordered.  Please take it back and bring me the Patron” or whatever, instead of making it a big deal.  And if the eating establishment messes up in any way that significantly impacts a dining experience, they should comp the meal or the drink.  But you have to speak to a manager to get that.  The only time I think one should get into it with the wait staff is when the staff is actually being rude.

In what might be a tiny defense of Denise, when I was in Rome, the vast majority of the servers were middle-aged men, and a lot of them had a chip on their shoulder.  I think it’s because the tipping system is different over there.  Maybe she sensed passive-aggression from the waiter, and was serving it back.  The only point I’m trying to make here is that I don’t care if Denise modifies her meal for any reason in the world.  It’s just, ask like a person, not like an entitled prick.  I never would have even noticed it if the New York/tequila thing hadn’t happened.

8 hours ago, lamujerdecente said:

I have an issue with this because all these bitches do this. Dorit and Erica both have financial issues and appear to be grifters. Especially Dorit. They lost their shit when Camile bought it to the table. And then fucking Kyle. Her whole family history is tabloid, trash and she and her husband def benefited financially from this show, with the exposure. And yet she doesn’t want to discuss her stuff on camara. 

I don’t believe Denise either. I think she said those things. That’s the only thing I think she was wrong in. She should have said,” yeah I did. You are pathetic Teddy and Erica you are a cold, fake, bitch.”

Sex with brandy? I would lie to. 
By the way Brandi is a truth cannon  who NEVER  lies  according to Kyle. Well miss Kyle then Mauricio def chested on u and your sister is a meth head. 

I agree with some of this.  I don’t think Brandi saying, “well at least I’m not doing crystal meth in the bathroom” made her a liar.  She was implying that Kim was doing crystal meth in the bathroom, and I wouldn’t be surprised if she had been.  I also wouldn’t be surprised if Mauricio had cheated on Kyle.  I agree with you that Kyle can’t have it both ways and say on the one hand that Brandi is telling the truth about Denise, and on the other hand, Brandi was lying with regard to Kyle’s family repeatedly.  That’s a good point.  

I was thinking about this last night, and I remember something totally different in the season nine war between Camille and Dorit.  To my recollection—and I watched it when it aired, and right before this season aired—Camille’s house just burned down, so no one was going to be mean to her, and she came to the restaurant and repeatedly told them to bring any issues they had to her, and they did, and Camille retorted by saying that PK owes millions of dollars to a close friend of hers, Dorit denied it and was somewhat taken aback, but she didn’t shy away from the issue.  I think they both knew it made for good TV.  Denise was the one who shut it down, and I remember posting at the time that I found that very annoying, because who is she to control Camille or Dorit’s narratives?

They have spoken about the lawsuits against PK, Tom and Mauricio at the season nine reunion.  All three women had to answer for the rumors.  That was when Kyle got very defensive and started making fun of the name or place of origin of the questioner, and it was a really bad look for her.  

Lisa has had Harry brought up on camera, and she decided to break a glass on a boat in Amsterdam.  If the glass-breaking was that scary that no one dare utter his name five seasons later, then they are just a group of chickens, but I don’t think it’s Lisa’s job to survey the group about their opinion of her marriage; people should have the balls enough to bring it up on their own if they want to.  

Kyle has had to deal with the Mauricio cheating allegations in season four, and somehow got away from them, whether people believe it or not (and I don’t totally believe it, so she didn’t completely live that one down to this day).

Denise is not a victim here.  She can and should bring up all of these incidents and more if she wants to.  I think that makes great TV.  I’ve also said repeatedly that I love a fighter, and if she started fighting back, below the belt or not, I would, ironically, start to root for her.  If people are actually making shit up about her whole cloth—which I don’t believe they are—make up shit about them whole cloth.  In season two of Real Housewives of Melbourne (my favorite—when are you coming back, Melbourne??), Janet heard Gamble was saying some really mean shit about her that I believed was true, and Janet didn’t even bat an eye and said to Gamble, “I heard you’re doing heroin!”  Good for her.  No one signed up for The Real Saints of Beverly Hills, or The Real Martyrs of Malibu.  Go big or go home.  

While it may not be the most trackable story to tell how these women’s husband’s are either in lawsuits or Canada or both, I have confidence that they can make hay of it if they want to.  Lynn Curtin’s daughter getting the eviction notice on season five of Real Housewives of Orange County was great TV.  

So if Denise wants to keep pretending she’s on another show—a show that allows you to cut and keep things off air, perhaps the way her old reality show on E! allowed—she is going to keep getting stepped on.  Everyone on this show had to take their licks to one extent or another.  Kyle literally cornered Lisa in Mexico about her allegations about Kim being close to death.  “The view” of Erika’s vulva was discussed for an entire season.  Dorit had cocaine allegations made against her.  Erika almost cold-clocked Teddi for saying she had “pretend amnesia.”  Kyle is still smarting from the beating her reputation took for going to LVP’s house to say she didn’t believe her about the tabloids.  The only one who hasn’t had the shit beaten out of them metaphorically is Garcelle, and maybe next season it’s her turn, or maybe she just gives off the vibe that she can’t be fucked with.  But Denise has to learn to run with the big dogs. 

If someone accused me of sleeping with Brandi, on or off camera, I’d deny it once in a calm voice.  I might laugh about it a little.  If I had slept with her, and I didn’t want people to know, I wouldn’t talk about it, and if I didn’t think it was their business, I’d calmly say, “I’m not sure that’s any of your business.”  If I was confronted once about whether I said people were cold hard bitches, etc, and I hadn’t said it, I’d state once that I hadn’t said it and I’d return to my meal.  If I had said it, I’d cop to it and explain why in a no-nonsense matter.  If they kept hocking me past the point that I thought it was pleasant, I would say, “you’re making this meal unpleasant for me and this is inappropriate.”   I guarantee another fight would have broken out around the table in the time it took me to utter three or four sentences.  Worst case scenario, I’d have to excuse myself from the table like Erika did in Provence and we’d resume the discussion at a cooler time.  When Denise engages in all the fragility and the histrionics, she becomes her own worst enemy.  

She’s kind of reminding me of Tinsley on RHNYC—if you are a forty-something year old woman and you refuse to stand your ground against other women, then how can I be expected to stand behind you?  If you fight, even if you’re wrong, I’ll pick up on that spirit and back you.  I can’t back a person who returns to the well of women who are hazing them time and time again without a game plan or a cogent defense.  

• Love 5
(edited)
On 7/30/2020 at 7:27 AM, lamujerdecente said:

I have an issue with this because all these bitches do this. Dorit and Erica both have financial issues and appear to be grifters. Especially Dorit. They lost their shit when Camile bought it to the table. And then fucking Kyle. Her whole family history is tabloid, trash and she and her husband def benefited financially from this show, with the exposure. And yet she doesn’t want to discuss her stuff on camara. 
They are serious slut shamers. And Kyle your niece continued the Pam Anderson tradition of releasing porn and making a killing off it while feigning innocence. (And I think Pam and tommy might have been the only ones who got theirs stolen btw) so sit down Kyle. Go do a split that your husband seems just as tired of as we are. 
I don’t believe Denise either. I think she said those things. That’s the only thing I think she was wrong in. She should have said,” yeah I did. You are pathetic Teddy and Erica you are a cold, fake, bitch.”

Sex with brandy? I would lie to. 
By the way Brandi is a truth cannon  who NEVER  lies  according to Kyle. Well miss Kyle then Mauricio def chested on u and your sister is a meth head. 

I mean brandy is the truth right?

do y’all remember when brandy said she kissed or had sex with Gerald Butler or some actor like him. He denied it. 

Brandi is a junkyard raccoon that you adopt and think you tamed, but then out of nowhere, tries to rip your face off. I can’t wait for her to turn on Kyle—and she will, maybe not tomorrow, but soon, we won’t have to wait long—and then I hope the “Brandi Always Tells The Truth” myth gets thrown right in Kyle’s bulldog face!

Edited by VedaPierce
  • LOL 1
  • Love 15
49 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

If someone hates me or dislikes me that intensely, I'd rather know it than not, so that I can avoid that person.  Whatever her faults, I think people know where they stand with Teddi. I don't think that anyone has any idea where they stand with Denise. Even if she didn't trash the other women to Brandi, we have seen her trash Kyle to Garcelle and Rinna without really expressing her actual opinions to Kyle.  

In general, I don't find passive-aggressive people polite. And I do think Denise is passive-aggressive, in general. 

I don't think Denise was accused of hating anyone just being catty and critical.  They can't avoid one another though, they are on the show together.  Telling these things to Teddi's face would accomplish nothing IMO.  I find Rinna's confrontational approach appalling.  Telling Camile to her face how she felt was not necessary IMO.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, Lady Lucy said:

What the hell is a "creative director" and why do you bring him to Rome?? 

I missed this. Who brought A creative director?

• LOL 1
18 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

Brandi is a junkyard raccoon that you adopt and think you tamed, but then out of nowhere, tries to rip your face off. I can’t wait for her to turn on Kyle—and she will, maybe not now, but soon—and then I hope the Brandi Always Tells The Truth Myth gets thrown right in her bulldog face!

I was thinking this same thing.  Kyle might just wind up being at the short end of the stick here if she made a deal with Brandi.  

• Love 7