Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E12: Roman Rumors

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

Omg. I’m slow I guess, but it just occurred to me that Denise always says “Bravo Bravo Bravo” to get them to stop filming! Wow!

So, is this what everyone is REALLY upset about with Denise but they can’t break the wall so they are harping on the whole mom shaming etc?

4 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Okay, Sutton, way to also spread the rumor about Denise and Brandi but also somehow act as if she's superior to Teddi?

She confirmed the rumor then, right?  I rewound that bit a couple times and kept losing the thread of what was going on with all the cross talk mixed in with her talking head.

When Sutton said something about it not being appropriate talk for the dinner table, I busted out laughing.  Growing up, when my mom thought my brothers or I were misbehaving at a meal she’d always say “NOT AT THE TABLE!”  We now joke all the time about whether it’s acceptable AT THE TABLE, or if we should do something elsewhere, or what.

• LOL 11
  • Love 8
(edited)
5 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

She confirmed the rumor then, right?  I rewound that bit a couple times and kept losing the thread of what was going on with all the cross talk mixed in with her talking head.

When Sutton said something about it not being appropriate talk for the dinner table, I busted out laughing.  Growing up, when my mom thought my brothers or I were misbehaving at a meal she’d always say “NOT AT THE TABLE!”  We now joke all the time about whether it’s acceptable AT THE TABLE, or if we should do something elsewhere, or what.

That's my feeling. Here's Sutton getting the vapors about this bringing up at dinner, but meanwhile, she's confirming the rumor herself on camera. At least Teddi said it to Denise's face and gave her a chance to deny it. 

Exactly. I know this doesn't help Denise's case, but I can see Sutton not meaning harm and not bringing it up until it was all already out there thanks to Brandi. Also, Teddi is so emotional over what Denise allegedly said about her, but admitted she doesn't know Denise that well. So is it that serious a deal? Is it a close friend stabbing you in the back? Nope, but of course she is a crybaby. What is however a big deal is what's being said about Denise. 

Denise was clearly in pain. Whether she did or did not do those things, the way she's been treated is wrong. The women are too mad and perhaps jealous of her to care. 

Kyle acknowledged the hurt Denise showed, but I don't think she would have interrupted Teddi if she were speaking. Because it was Dorit, she interrupted. And yes, Dorit does care more about Denise than all the rest of them, minus Garcelle and Sutton. The rest don't seem to show much heart, but then again they didn't to a grieving Lisa Vanderpump last season either. 

Except Sutton just confirmed it! I am sorry, I am not sure why I am supposed to see Sutton as some great champion of truth here. I see her actions as incredibly devious, not someone who is "not meaning harm."

Edited by eleanorofaquitaine
  • Love 13
25 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

Teddi's chronic misuse of "myself" is more than I can take. "So you didn't tell her mean things about myself?" Make it stop!

Yes!  Also a pet peeve of mine!  Ack.

• LOL 2
  • Love 16

Color me unfazed at Kyle’s story about being called out the first time she had sex.  I wasn’t even sure what the point was, except to get a mention of Kathy and Kim in there.  Too much Kim!

I was glad Kyle called out Dorit’s ridiculous glam in a fun way.  I think this show would be fine without someone to pile on.  It might be sort of boring, but they have their moments.  I also liked Kyle calling out Dorit ordering at the restaurant in Italian when the waiter was speaking English.  I thought the way Denise ordered was obnoxious.  “I’m allergic to garlic.  Sorry.”  <smirk>  It reminded me of the first episode of the season when they were in New York, someone asked Denise a question about Charlie that she didn’t like, and she started yelling at the waiter for bringing the wrong tequila.  I’ve been a server.  There’s a very polite way to send something back or convey an allergy.  That was not this.  

I loved seeing how much everyone spent.  It was very low for people who want us to believe they have enough money to fly glam squads around the globe with them.  

I didn’t think Teddi did anything wrong at the Fendi store by being civil to Denise, but otherwise ignoring her.  I noticed she didn’t even talk shit about Denise in her talking head; the producer had to prompt her with a question about whether she was “subconsciously” ignoring Denise, which was a dumb question.  It was pretty obvious Teddi was conscious that she was doing this.  She just didn’t feel like being fake.  

Even if the stuff Brandi said wasn’t true, Teddi doesn’t have to be fake to Denise.  She’s like six months pregnant and she was on her phone. No one has to drop everything to talk to Denise about fur the way that Denise hasn’t dropped everything to talk to her co-stars or even attend their events in the past.  Maybe, in Teddi’s mind, Teddi is “Teddi Fucking Mellencamp Arroyave” the way Denise is “Denise Fucking Richards.”  Did that ever occur to Denise?  That you can’t just be obnoxious and not have at least some of the population write off your bullshit?  These two have filmed exactly two scenes one-on-one in the past two seasons—shopping in a store after the fire, agreeing that Camille was “off” and the brief make-up scene last episode at Kyle’s house that didn’t really get anywhere.  They’re not friends.  They’re barely acquaintances, and that’s exactly how Teddi treated Denise.  It’s better than calling someone a “shit fucking stirrer.”

That was nice that Garcelle was able to apologize to Sutton and everyone was able to move on.  It was weird that Sutton brought it up in front of the whole table, but whatever.  Garcelle is not too shy to be shady in an acceptance speech for an award, so I doubt she was fazed.  

Wow, everyone—including the producers—breaking the fourth wall!  Denise must have pissed off production something fierce for them to go back to a clip at Bravo con to evidence that Denise is lying.  I don’t believe I’ve ever seen that before!  Denise doesn’t come off very convincing to me when she says “I’m telling you, there’s no truth to that,” Teddi says, “so you already know what it is?”  And Denise replies, “To nothing!  There is no truth to anything!”   She’s starting to sound like Aaron “cancer is your friend” Phypers.  

I don’t believe Denise.  Sutton heard it too, and she doesn’t even know Brandi.  Nothing happened...yet Denise’s defense is that “Aaron was there.”  So her defense is that Aaron was there for nothing?  Good one.  Teddi was 100% right that this is what Denise is being paid to do and it’s out of bounds to yell “Bravo, Bravo, Bravo” when she wants to stop the conversation.  Bravo to Bravo for airing it anyway.  Otherwise it feels like Denise is...cheating.  

I really hope Denise was sincere in her implication that she’ll leave the show if Bravo aired that scene.  

Kyle was being so rude to Dorit, and I would have been annoyed if I were Dorit too.  Dorit was trying to say it’s hard on Teddi, however, things at this moment are really hard on Denise, and Kyle cut her off at the knees to only let her get out the part about Teddi, which made it look like Dorit was part of the pile-on, when Dorit was actually trying to come to Denise’s aid, and somehow Kyle wound up taking credit for pointing out that Denise was vulnerable.  That was really not cool of Kyle.  If I were Dorit, I would be fucking pissed at Kyle for that.  I actually hope someone makes Kyle cry, because she’s been pulling this nice girl who throws rocks and hides her hands bullshit all season.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 19
9 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

Omg. I’m slow I guess, but it just occurred to me that Denise always says “Bravo Bravo Bravo” to get them to stop filming! Wow!

Yeah, it’s starting to look like Denise Fucking Richards thought the rules didn’t apply to her.

• LOL 4
  • Love 11

I know she’s over the top, but I’m beginning to enjoy myself watching Dorito keep trying to outdo her ‘look’. I appreciate the effort. I also think she gunning for Kyle and I’m there for it. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 21

I love that Dorit is concerned with Teddi not being able to sleep at night because of being overburdened by a “secret” that has absolutely  nothing to do with her or anyone with whom she has a close relationship. I’m so glad Teddi is unburdened and now everything has been dumped in Denise’s lap. Whether or not anything Brandi said was true, Denise definitely wasn’t sleeping that night. Teddi and Rinna (shocker) we’re responsible for dangling the carrot about the “really bad” rumors that were going to come out about her. Did they honestly think Denise or any of the other women who were in the dark would be ok with leaving the table without knowing the rumor???

• Love 18
5 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

I had anxiety the whole time. It was like feeding time at the shark tank. I felt so badly for Denise whose eyes welled up with tears. 

Oh no.  I am recording it and not sure I ‘ll be able to watch. 😳😩

• Love 4

I believe Denise slept with Brandi. But as Sutton pointed out, I don't think Teddi or Kyle truly had some great issue with that, but only wished to weaponize the rumors against Denise. The talk last week was absolutely a set up, of that I am now sure. I also think Brandi's self-victimization is a commode full. 

• Love 22

Aside from the whole (If) I Did It by O.J. Simpson Brandi Glanville with a forward by Denise Richards, all those things that Denise supposedly said to Brandi about the other ladies sound like the number one complaints you see about the HoWives on social media and I see no lies in what was said. And also? Like Erika wouldn't take the title of Cold Hearted Bitch and Own It (™ Lisa Rinna) if anyone else would have said that. But because Denise is mommy shaming them, Erika's gonna clutch her pearls about it. Good thing Dorit opted for a different hairstyle that night. Having those things forcefully pulled off your skin probably hurts. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 20

While I wish Teddi had talked to Denise privately so the dinner wouldn't have turned into a gang up, if there was even a one percent doubt in my mind that Denise was lying, it was answered tonight. That woman is clearly hiding something. I don't know why Denise thinks she can control what does and doesn't get shown on the show. She's a cast member--not one of the producers. Denise certainly has a right to keep certain things to herself, but she's so evasive and contradictory in terms of her life that I don't know what is and isn't real with her.

• Love 17
7 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I don't think she's gunning for Kyle the same way the mean girls are gunning for Denise, but I would definitely say Dorit has had enough of Kyle's bs and I'm also here for Dorit calling Kyle out. 🙂

Yes. Let’s say the 3 idiots are gunning for Denise and Dorit is nipping at Kyle. 🙂

• Love 13
(edited)
6 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

Well we did get to see a little bit of Rome. Sigh...

I think being seven months pregnant, Teddi should’ve stayed home in Beverly Hills.  The fact that Denise allegedly said not nice things about her is getting up her nose... so in retaliation she wants the ‘sex secret’’ out.  

I know everyone hates Teddi, but I honestly don't believe that's it. I think that Teddi was being honest about why she wanted to get it out there - because she knows it was already on camera, so better to confront Denise with it and give her a chance to have her say. If there is one thing I could take Teddi to task on, it is doing it at dinner. She could have arranged to talk to Denise one on one. But the fact is that the "sex secret" was already out because they had already filmed the conversation with Brandi.

I believe Teddi when she says it was giving her anxiety. I think that what was giving her anxiety was knowing that this scene with Brandi had already been filmed, she knew it was a ticking time bomb, and she didn't want to have to be the one who exploded that time bomb.  

Now do I think she was hurt because allegedly Denise said she was living in her father's shadow? Yes, I do. But I think her reason for wanting to bring up the conversation was not for retaliation. The secret was already on film, Teddi was just giving Denise a warning that this was all going to be a part of this season's story line. 

Teddi's tagline last year: "I'm not afraid of hard work, but I'll never do your dirty work."
Also Teddi: "Unless it's for Vanderpump Dogs. Or Brandi Glanville. Or Kyle Richards."
Also Teddi: "But I never lie!"

Again, her issue with LVP was that LVP wanted Teddi to sling the dirt but wanted to keep her own hand's clean. Rightly or wrongly, at the very least neither Brandi nor Kyle are actually trying to do that - all of their hands are dirty in this, not just Teddi's.  I think that is a key difference to Teddi - she isn't being asked to throw people under the bus while someone sits on their regal throne pretending they are above it all. 

Also, I don't really see how Teddi lied here? 

Edited by eleanorofaquitaine
  • Love 16
19 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Color me unfazed at Kyle’s story about being called out the first time she had sex.  I wasn’t even sure what the point was, except to get a mention of Kathy and Kim in there.  Too much Kim!

I was glad Kyle called out Dorit’s ridiculous glam in a fun way.  I think this show would be fine without someone to pile on.  It might be sort of boring, but they have their moments.  I also liked Kyle calling out Dorit ordering at the restaurant in Italian when the waiter was speaking English.  I thought the way Denise ordered was obnoxious.  “I’m allergic to garlic.  Sorry.”  <smirk>  It reminded me of the first episode of the season when they were in New York, someone asked Denise a question about Charlie that she didn’t like, and she started yelling at the waiter for bringing the wrong tequila.  I’ve been a server.  There’s a very polite way to send something back or convey an allergy.  That was not this.  

I loved seeing how much everyone spent.  It was very low for people who want us to believe they have enough money to fly glam squads around the globe with them.  

I didn’t think Teddi did anything wrong at the Fendi store by being civil to Denise, but otherwise ignoring her.  I noticed she didn’t even talk shit about Denise in her talking head; the producer had to prompt her with a question about whether she was “subconsciously” ignoring Denise, which was a dumb question.  It was pretty obvious Teddi was conscious that she was doing this.  She just didn’t feel like being fake.  

Even if the stuff Brandi said wasn’t true, Teddi doesn’t have to be fake to Denise.  She’s like six months pregnant and she was on her phone. No one has to drop everything to talk to Denise about fur the way that Denise hasn’t dropped everything to talk to her co-stars or even attend their events in the past.  Maybe, in Teddi’s mind, Teddi is “Teddi Fucking Mellencamp Arroyave” the way Denise is “Denise Fucking Richards.”  Did that ever occur to Denise?  That you can’t just be obnoxious and not have at least some of the population write off your bullshit?  These two have filmed exactly two scenes one-on-one in the past two seasons—shopping in a store after the fire, agreeing that Camille was “off” and the brief make-up scene last episode at Kyle’s house that didn’t really get anywhere.  They’re not friends.  They’re barely acquaintances, and that’s exactly how Teddi treated Denise.  It’s better than calling someone a “shit fucking stirrer.”

That was nice that Garcelle was able to apologize to Sutton and everyone was able to move on.  It was weird that Sutton brought it up in front of the whole table, but whatever.  Garcelle is not too shy to be shady in an acceptance speech for an award, so I doubt she was fazed.  

Wow, everyone—including the producers—breaking the fourth wall!  Denise must have pissed off production something fierce for them to go back to a clip at Bravo con to evidence that Denise is lying.  I don’t believe I’ve ever seen that before!  Denise doesn’t come off very convincing to me when she says “I’m telling you, there’s no truth to that,” Teddi says, “so you already know what it is?”  And Denise replies, “To nothing!  There is no truth to anything!”   She’s starting to sound like Aaron “cancer is your friend” Phypers.  

I don’t believe Denise.  Sutton heard it too, and she doesn’t even know Brandi.  Nothing happened...yet Denise’s defense is that “Aaron was there.”  So her defense is that Aaron was there for nothing?  Good one.  Teddi was 100% right that this is what Denise is being paid to do and it’s out of bounds to yell “Bravo, Bravo, Bravo” when she wants to stop the conversation.  Bravo to Bravo for airing it anyway.  Otherwise it feels like Denise is...cheating.  

I really hope Denise was sincere in her implication that she’ll leave the show if Bravo aired that scene.  

Kyle was being so rude to Dorit, and I would have been annoyed if I were Dorit too.  Dorit was trying to say it’s hard on Teddi, however, things at this moment are really hard on Denise, and Kyle cut her off at the knees to only let her get out the part about Teddi, which made it look like Dorit was part of the pile-on, when Dorit was actually trying to come to Denise’s aid, and somehow Kyle wound up taking credit for pointing out that Denise was vulnerable.  That was really not cool of Kyle.  If I were Dorit, I would be fucking pissed at Kyle for that.  I actually hope someone makes Kyle cry, because she’s been pulling this nice girl who throws rocks and hides her hands bullshit all season.  

I can't see Big Kathy being upset at Kyle having sex. Kyle said in the first season she was very independent as a child--even driving herself to auditions at 11 or 12. And I've read stories about Big Kathy pimping Kim off to older rich men when she was younger. If those stories are true, they undoubtedly contributed to Kim having substance abuse issues.

I love Garcelle and Sutton's friendship. I agree that it was nice to see a "Housewife" apologize to someone, and the person received it and then moved on. If only the other ladies were as mature.

Kyle spent nearly 10k at Fendi. That's A LOT IMO--even for someone who is suppose to be rich. 

I don't believe Denise either. I don't even care that she had sex with Brandi or that she was bad mouthing the other women. My problem with Denise is she won't admit it. She makes things a bigger deal than they need to be by threatening to walk off or telling production they need to cut footage. That's what makes her look like she has something to hide.

• Love 12
9 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Teddi's tagline last year: "I'm not afraid of hard work, but I'll never do your dirty work."
Also Teddi: "Unless it's for Vanderpump Dogs. Or Brandi Glanville. Or Kyle Richards."
Also Teddi: "But I never lie!"

I think production told Teddi to bring up Brandi at the table--not Kyle. 

27 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

The shopping, siiiiiiiiiigh what a fantasy!

It's just like me except I spent $150 at Homesense today.

LoL. I agree. If I spend $350 on a shopping trip, I feel guilty. I can only dream of being able to spend thousands.

• Love 12
1 minute ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Teddi was just giving Denise a warning that this was all going to be a part of this season's story line. 

Here’s my issue with that, it appeared that Teddi’s intent at that dinner was ONLY to address the rumors of what was said about her. She didn’t bring anything else up until after Rinna chimed in. At that point, obviously the source was the same so it should be expected that there were other rumors about her out there. I think once Rinna started talking, Teddi knew it could just be about what Denise said about her alone. I think Rinna once again got Teddi to do her dirty work by throwing her and Kyle under the bus and at that point, she really didn’t have much of a choice. I agree, she had anxiety about keeping the secret, I just don’t think she intended to spill it until her hand was forced.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Rahul said:

Never thought Sutton would be MVP of an episode, but she was with this single utterance to Kyle and Teddi:

"Wait a minute, do you care more about what has been said about you or do you care more about what's being said about Denise?!"

Amen, girl. A-men.

And then she proceeded to confirm the rumor herself on camera but is somehow being treated like a hero because she just didn't say it to Denise. I don't get it, truly.  I think she is not trustworthy and a terrible snob. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Lady Lucy said:

What the hell is a "creative director" and why do you bring him to Rome?? 

Creative directors are commonly used on photo shoots and music videos. I think Erika sees Mickey as more than just her creative director. I think she regards him as a close friend.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, blixie said:

For fuckin real she didn't say she didn't KNOW Brandi, Rinna, she said she hardly spends time with her, and she hasn't seen her in awhile which I'd believe whether they had a hook up or not.

Brandi actually confirmed they hadn’t seen each other in months prior to Kyle’s party so that’s one thing they actually are on the same page about. I believe the question was if they were still “friendly,” which is very different than if they are actively close friends.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
Just now, esco1822 said:

Here’s my issue with that, it appeared that Teddi’s intent at that dinner was ONLY to address the rumors of what was said about her. She didn’t bring anything else up until after Rinna chimed in. At that point, obviously the source was the same so it should be expected that there were other rumors about her out there. I think once Rinna started talking, Teddi knew it could just be about what Denise said about her alone. I think Rinna once again got Teddi to do her dirty work by throwing her and Kyle under the bus and at that point, she really didn’t have much of a choice. I agree, she had anxiety about keeping the secret, I just don’t think she intended to spill it until her hand was forced.

I agree that Rinna pushed Teddi to say more than she wanted to but again, at least Rinna was there, so Rinna will also take the heat (just like Kyle and Brandi). LVP wanted Teddi to do all of this but didn't want to back any of it up on camera. 

But yes, I don't think that either Kyle or Rinna are innocent here. I do think that there was a set up between Kyle and Brandi and I also think that Rinna was intent on getting the entire rumor out there but didn't want to be the one to push it. (Which, to be fair to her, she basically said as much).

• Love 7
(edited)

Why did Garcelle say in her talking head "if Denise slept with Brandy, she doesn't have to tell these women."  Yet in Rome she says in front of all of them "DENISE DID YOU SLEEP WITH BRANDY".  As if Denise is under oath or something.

Woo I am really enjoying Sutton at the end of this episode and how she's handling Teddi.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 11
Just now, esco1822 said:

Confirming you heard the same rumor is very different from confirming a rumor is true. The only people who can confirm that rumor was true are Denise and Brandi. 

True but multiple people confirming that they heard the same rumor is one indication that said rumor could be true. I am afraid I legitimately don't see how Sutton repeating the rumor on camera is somehow "better" than Teddi repeating the same rumor. And indeed, I believe Sutton's confirmation leads more credence to it, which contributes to undermining Denise. 

3 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Also my flat white ass that Teddi is offended by someone saying that she's living in her father's shadow and it was causing her anxiety. Like this isn't the first time she's heard it, it won't be the last, and she probably hears it twice on Sunday. The only reason it "bothered" her and had to be addressed at the table is because they wanted to drop the GOTCHA of Denise sleeping with Brandi. 

She didn't say that Denise's alleged words are causing her anxiety. She said that the situation - including the fact that this was all out on camera - was causing her anxiety. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I do believe Kyle and Teddi concocted this whole story and gave Brandi a script.   Everything Denise supposedly said can be found here or in Reddit or any other housewives website comment section. 

I dunno, I think Brandi could have easily checked Twitter after an episode aired last season and made a list. 

Erika: cold heart bitch ✔️
Teddi: lives in her father's shadow ✔️
Rinna: fake ass bitch ✔️

Either way. I see those complaints every week, sometimes even here. They're not exactly novel or creative. But ooh, all of a sudden they all burn so much, don't they?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 20
40 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I loved seeing how much everyone spent.  It was very low for people who want us to believe they have enough money to fly glam squads around the globe with them

Yeah that surprised me too.  Well, Kyle’s amount seemed about right but 3k... that was surprising.  I’ve even spent that much before and I’m kind of a cheap ass.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

It seems obvious to me, by Denise's own words and actions, that Brandi's story is true. When Garcelle asked Denise if she wanted to know what was being said, Denise replied "If it is a dangerous area, not on camera." Teddi then said that it was already on camera, and that there was going to be more. Denise replied that "there is no truth to that". How did she know what "that" was, since at that point Teddi had not revealed what was being said about Denise? 

Now if someone came to me and said there was some horrible rumour about me, I would say "let's hear it" because I have nothing to hide. I wouldn't worry that it could be a dangerous area, because I don't have any. 

From what I saw on this episode I have no problem believing Brandi. I don't care one way or the other, it's not my problem. But I do believe Denise is the one lying. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, Straycat80 said:

Dorito looks like she has maggots framing her face. Rinna is too old to be wearing Frankenstein boots. 

I may agree with the maggots (at first I thought it was some kind of thing the stylist needed to do in order to get some other result; I did not think they were supposed to stay there). As for the boots, I don't remember any that resembled Frankenstein, but I really don't buy into telling people they are too old to wear some kind of clothing or another (my 49-year-old self will keep the band Ts, Docs/platforms, and ripped Levi's).

• Love 10