Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E10: Black Ties and White Lies

• Start Topic

Garcelle finds herself in a tough spot during a business meeting. Lisa questions Denise’s motives when Denise’s behavior is filled with shades of grey. With Dorit’s help, Kyle throws a black and white charity gala full of familiar faces from years past. Erika tries to avoid being “mansplained" to again, while Camille’s road to reconciliation is bumpier than she expected.

Airdate: 07/15/2020

• Love 2

I wasn’t a huge fan of Camille’s home.  It looked very seventies to me.  Yolanda’s Malibu home was so much better than this, as was Camille’s former Malibu home(s).  

I can’t believe Camille is only in her early fifties.  She looks like she’s in her sixties to me.  Not 65, like Kim, but 60 for sure.  The lips and eyebrows are awful.  

I’m not sure I need Camille around anymore at this point.  She came in as a pinch hitter last season, and I don’t feel like this show should keep doing that.  Let the season stand on its own.  If it sucks, cast better next year.  I just don’t care that much about someone who’s not in this group has to say about the group (somehow Sutton slides under my radar, because she’s only not a Housewife on a technicality).  Camille has refused to be a Housewife since season two, yet she keeps coming in to give her two cents, like Statler and Waldorf.  

”It hurt my feelings when you called me a hypocrite in front of everyone.”  Hallelejuh, Denise, this is the exact thing I have wanted you to say!  This is what gets me to be able to listen to her—when she’s calm and reasonable.  And not cursing every other word.  I knew she could do it. This puts Rinna on the defense, as the one who is cursing and screaming in talking heads.  I wish she had continued this without losing her shit before.  And it really helps that the husband is not there sending mixed messages.

I still don’t understand how Denise shutting down threesome talk and talk of lesbianism once negates all she put out there about big dicks and happy endings all last season.  Denise was the one who told Rinna how much she wants to protect her children after all they’ve been through.  But her tag line this season is about happy endings.  I don’t get it, because it’s inconsistent.  I was so glad Rinna was finally allowed to break the fourth wall, because I was about pulling my hair out of my head that Denise was able to hide behind that for the better part of the season, which would have meant this entire season would have come down to the reunion, when they’re allowed to break the fourth wall, and that would have just made for horrible TV.

Is this some type of 100th episode special or something?  Trotting out Camille, TMCFR, Eileen, Adrienne and Brandi?  And we had to see them pan up Camille’s body before they’d show us her face, like it’s supposed to be some giant shock that she’s there.  When all’s said and done, who cares about a bunch of old housewives?  I’d rather have something substantial happen with current housewives.  That said, I was kind of happy to hear Eileen sort of roll her eyes about Aaron.  There’s not much you can do but roll your eyes at Aaron.  He tells Denise he can hold his own at these parties.  So...Aaron’s definition of holding his own is making everyone extremely uncomfortable?  Good to know.  

Dorit’s accent now sounds exactly like my aunt’s, who moved from New York to LA in her thirties.  Is she at all embarrassed about the complete accent transplant, or is she sticking with the “when you’ve travelled the world, you can speak in any accent you want”?

I have had it up to here with everyone on this show being in the biz.  I don’t care about Garcelle’s project, or Eileen’s indie movie, or Broadway, etc.  I’m simple in that I just want to see how rich everyone is.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 13

Is this a reunion of HW’s of seasons past? I’m changing the channel when Brandi comes on. 
Why is Garcelle on this show again? She rarely interacts with the others or attends any events. She said she has a group of real friends. She’s too classy and normal for this show. 

• Love 16

I thought Dorit looked fab at the party.  It was something that could have gone horribly wrong, but I think she got it right.  Not greeting Camille and telling her how “gor-JUSS” she looks goes a long way toward not being fake for me.  Erika looked good, not great, and Rinna’s suit was fun, if not chic.  I liked the black accents and I love her hair longer and not so “iconic.” Eileen didn’t look quite as drop dead as I’m used to her being, but this is what it looks like to rock sixty.  Everyone else, take note!

Rinna was another one who was surprisingly unfake to Camille.  I love how they blurred out the parts of the tweets that pertained to the reunion.  I think the jig is up.  I am completely shocked that Rinna didn’t fall all over herself greeting Kris Jenner.  They seem like birds of a feather.  

So Garcelle calls Michael a “new boo” in her talking head, but when PK asks if they’re dating, Garcelle and Michael giggled uncomfortably, and they’ve only been together for eight days?  Strange.  I thought boo = boyfriend.  I’m just not overall enthusiastic about her.  

I can’t believe Kathy is older than Kim.  If it hadn’t been proven, I literally wouldn’t have believed it.  

If I was tempted to feel bad that Paul has a hot new wife and has slimmed down considerably, and Adrienne is...Adrienne, I just have to look back at the way she treated him, and—poof—I no longer feel bad.  

I can’t stand it when people ruin the color scheme because they feel like it, like that guy in there red tie sitting behind Garcelle, as well as Kathy’s gold cardigan.  It is a black and white party.  How hard is it to stick to, say, black?   Please respect the aesthetic.  It was so Aaron to wear a dark grey t-shirt to a black tie black and white party.  

I laughed out loud when Denise said she didn’t want to talk outside Sutton’s event with the paparazzi, only for the show to flash back to the event with no one outside.  Maybe the editors don’t like Denise constantly seeking an exit either.  I imagine it makes their jobs harder. 

I also think it’s pretty funny that Aaron didn’t seem to want to have one iota of conversation with PK, but he has all sorts of things to say to the people who are the main cast of this show.  Someone knows which side his bread is buttered on.  

Holy lipstick on PK in his talking head!!!

Denise and Teddi were nicer to Camille than I would have been.  I don’t even hate Camille—I like her truth cannons to an extent—but I was actually curious as to the conversation that was going to occur between Teddi and Denise, and after the way Camille treated Teddi last season (saying Teddi snubbed her daughter), which read like a complete lie to me, I don’t think you need to speak to that person about your pregnancy.  They don’t need to be enemies, but they don’t have to interrupt a conversation to accommodate Camille because she is so moved to get into the spotlight.  

I feel like there is a fine line between civil and cordial.  Some of these women only need to be civil with each other.  Cordiality rings fake. 

I liked this episode a lot.  A lot of visual stimulation, a lot going on, a lot to think about, definitely something I will watch twice.  I think the next episode will be just as good.  Dare I start to feel optimistic about this season? 

• Love 10

I thought Old Home Week would be more entertaining than this.  The only part that interested me was seeing who spent thousands on the Coachella VIP Package, since we know it was cancelled, but I didn’t see who got it.

• Love 11

I thought Denise had some points with Rinna but then she played right into Rinna's accusations that she's using her kids as sort of a stand in when she said she expected Rinna to have her kids' back. There were no consequences to her kids and Denise, by this time, knows it.  

And Camille was very Camille.  Lisa was specific about what she found assholish about Camille's behavior but Camille just heard that her whole being is an asshole.  That may be true but that's not quite what Lisa was saying.

I didn't like Eileen's brunette hair.  I didn't recognize her for a long time.

I love Camille's friend's dress.

I really don't want to see two husbands talking but it's fascinating how little Aaron wanted to engage in that discussion but will jump right in with the women. 

So Garcelle calls Michael a “new boo” in her talking head, but when PK asks if they’re dating, Garcelle and Michael giggled uncomfortably, and they’ve only been together for eight days?  Strange.  I thought boo = boyfriend.  I’m just not overall enthusiastic about her.  

And going on and on about wanting to date black and they have a real connection.  After 8 days?  Ha. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
8 minutes ago, whydoievencare said:

That quick shot of next week's scenes - Kim looks like a shrivelled little woman.  I was shocked actually.  

I thought the same thing! All of the women (Kyle, Teddi, and of course Brandi) were looking a little rough in the preview. Not to be mean or nitpick as I typically think Teddi and Kyle look great!

• Love 1

I think that they were smart in letting Rinna acknowledge that they are all on a show because it makes this argument more understandable.  It comes down to all of the women thinking that Denise is being a hypocrite by being horrified by the threesome talk when she is willing to talk about her sex life on camera. 

Now I still think Denise has the right to set her own rules in her own home. But at least I understand why the rest are upset.

I also still think that production has an issue with Denise - the whole thing with her talking about all of the non-existent paparazzi makes her seem paranoid. 

Aaron annoys me. Denise pretty clearly loves his alpha Male-ness but I would have the exact same reaction as Erika to it. Honey, I don't need you to explain any one thing at all ever.

• LOL 1
  • Love 20

Please ftlog, no more Camille. She brings nothing to this show. Such a dour expression all the time and that carefully modulated voice, plus how tacky she still uses Kelsey’s last name like she was some big star. I think the Mean Girls line, “she doesn’t even go here” fits well. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 16

The entire episode seemed uncomfortable and dull.  The only high point was seeing Paul Nassif with his new wife.  They seem very happy are are expecting a child.  Adrienne Maloof was such a bitch to him.

• Useful 1
  • Love 22

Honestly, if Denise does decide she doesn’t want to stay,it would serve them all right if “FIRST SEASON Camille”was brought back to the show.  She knows how to get the talons out and she’ll make mince meat of whoever they chose as designated victim.  I cannot say it enough ( and I hope I don’t keep having to say it) but I am damn sick of the Denise debacle and their discussions of it.

• Love 22
Just now, Pondlass1 said:

I’m dieting and trying to lose the quarantine 15, those fries looked soooo good. I knew Rinna wouldn’t take a bite but I thought Denise would. My mouth was literally watering. One thing about New York housewives... they eat. Especially Sonja. Even the most vicious battles, she’s there stuffing her face.

It was simple. It was Denise’s home. She sets the rules. Same as Erika when she glared “you’re in my home”. Denise wasn’t judging anyone. Is this going to drag on for episode after episode? ::: Sigh :::

They sure do get their knickers in a twist about the stupidest things.

And drag it out all season! 

• Useful 1
  • Love 12

So PK said to Aaron, "I hear you've gotten into it with the ladies" and Aaron replies, "Not really."  Were there any scenes in the previews for the next few weeks of PK repeatedly demanding that Aaron "own it"? 😄 

• LOL 18
  • Love 2

Once again, I missed half of what was going on.  Voyeur fun to see the celebrities.

Was not a fan of Camille the season(s?) she was a regular.  She was awful.  But I do like to see her take on Rinna, since I think Rinna is the current Awful.

Liked Dorit’s dress.  Liked Rinna’s outfit and hair.   Did not recognize Eileen at first, and was waiting for a nip slip.  I liked Eileen her seasons and felt that LVP did her wrong, so was disappointed when she fell right into the “Aaron is awful” trap set-up in the car.

Fun people watching and seeing the party. 

• Love 12

Another boring episode. Kim looks awful. Her skin looks like it has been parched and is about to rip. Eileen's hair looked weird. It was not brunette but some odd shade of taupe. In that last scene Brandy was so drunk that she looked like she was about to fall over.  Yeah Rinna  don't order any food just say let's share and then don't eat a single french fry. At lease Denise ate a few. But I have to hand it to Rinna who called Denise out in her talking head. Denise says she tries to protect her children from hearing about these adult activities but she frequently talks about her sexual hijinks on the show and her kids watch TV. 

• Love 4
(edited)

Mia, the blonde, buxom guest Brandi brought along was a man! Well, formerly a man...I am pretty sure he was the dude sporting the flat cap, five o'clock shadow and arm tattoo in the very last flashback scene featuring Brandi from this very same episode. Did anyone else catch that?

Edited by Rahul
  • Useful 6
  • Love 12

I thought Eileen, Adrienne and Brandi all had had wayyyyy too much work done on their faces. Adrienne looked like the cat woman. And I have no words for Brandi’s friend’s look.  That was pretty much my take away from this boring episode.

oh. PK. He had more blush and lipstick on in his talking head than I wear going out.  Me thinks he snuck into George’s vanity! Not good.

• LOL 16
  • Love 8

I caved and watched some of this. And much like a dieter who regrets noshing on the cheap chocolate candy bar...I regret watching. This feels like wash, rinse, repeat of last season, except LVP isn’t there, so the target of Rinna’s hypocritical finger-wagging has changed.

• Love 16
(edited)
3 hours ago, Thumper said:

Once again, I missed half of what was going on.  Voyeur fun to see the celebrities.

Was not a fan of Camille the season(s?) she was a regular.  She was awful.  But I do like to see her take on Rinna, since I think Rinna is the current Awful.

Liked Dorit’s dress.  Liked Rinna’s outfit and hair.   Did not recognize Eileen at first, and was waiting for a nip slip.  I liked Eileen her seasons and felt that LVP did her wrong, so was disappointed when she fell right into the “Aaron is awful” trap set-up in the car.

Fun people watching and seeing the party. 

I agree, especially about Eileen. I've been a huge fan of her for years. She's beautiful, great actress, and I think she got a bad rep on the show thanks to things going sour between her and LVP, who was quite rude to her.

Overall, I did find this to be a funner episode. I liked all the random appearances. Paul's so lucky he can become a parent (again) at 58. I so envy being a man in that regard. Brandi is not my fave, but she still makes an entrance. Her legs go on forever and are gorgeous. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 5
(edited)

I got the feeling that the show was just as desperate to get Camille back as she is to be on which is why Kyle had to drive her ass to Malibu.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 10
  • Love 11