Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E10: Black Ties and White Lies

• Start Topic

I realise I’m a little late (just saw the episode) but, my thoughts:

I agree with Rinna when she said Denise is trying to use the show to mend her image—I suspected this right out of the gate. Undoubtedly all the talk about penises and happy endings made it back to Denise’s kids—“hey, we heard your mom got your dad a ‘happy ending’, etc”. I also wonder if Denise’s agents asked her to tone it down a bit. Something about Denise is off this season, and it shows. 

Brandi’s body language with Denise was awfully cozy. And while we’re on about Brandi, what has she done to her face? She was a stunning woman just 9 years ago. The facial procedures need to stop. 

It was nice to see Eileen again, but her hair. No. Good thing it’s only for a movie, she looks much better blonde. 

If Camille wants to truly mend things with the ladies, she needs to take her licks. She WAS an asshole. Take it, Camille, and apologise. 

• Love 11

Definitions a bad mother: not having time for your daughter to help her get ready for a big party because telling people their jobs when you have an event coordinator is more important.

Is this kidding? Because, what?

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Panda Bear said:

I feel like Lisa Rinna brought her soap opera training of having a storyline go on and on to this show and it's suffered ever since. I really think it would be so much better if they got rid of her. Yes, she drives story, and I'm sure the producers like that, but when it's the same story over and over again, it's incredibly tedious. (And next week we get her obnoxious children again. Great!) Get rid of Erika and Teddi, too, because they don't add anything. 

Hell, Andy said he sees these shows as a replacement for soap operas in a soap opera retrospective he hosted a short while back (pissing off quite a few soap fans) so she's just more obvious about the game.  

• Useful 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Kdawg82 said:

Unlopular opinion: Aaron is being made such a big deal out of. I find him calm and unflappable.  I envy that unflappable quality.  Never did he raise a voice to the women. He said he & Denise wish to be respected in their home- their point was stated- please move on. When the women kept on & on and played the victim role that they're being "mom shamed" he asked simply If they're happy with themselves.  He was not combative.  He answers things matter of factly "ok. Good for you. That's how you feel. Ok then." He speaks only when spoken to for thr most part. Where is this bully of a man getting involved in their argument bc I don't see it?? And he's not Denise's "weapon." She handles herself very well. He happens to have a new wife that he wishes to spend time with. The other husbands are pretending to have better things to do or have "business" someplace.  You KNOW  P.K. is home on the couch eating cheeseballs. They likely coordinated It to SEEM like Aaron is the only one by his wife's side to get in "howives" business. Puh-lease! Maybe they're jealous their husbands don't want to even be bothered with them. Usually howives shows are a way for the men to get peace from the wives while they prepare the divorces or take lovers off camera and it fills the howives pockets a little bit as a bonus.  

I see a guy who is used to speaking over women and condescending to them, not as someone who is "calm" and "unflappable." It's not his fight. He should 100 percent stay out of it, rather than coming it as Mr. Big and Tough Who Protects His Woman.  Whatever I felt about Denise and her reasons for getting upset, my head would explode if Aaron spoke to me the way he was speaking to the women - and I would have been a lot less nice than the other women here have been. He should stay the fuck out of the women's business.

Real talk: I have called out my own significant other when I thought he was being condescending to friends of mine. We argued about it, he said he wasn't, etc. But I don't need him to fight my battles for me or to treat other women around me as if they aren't smart enough to understand what is going on.  Denise seems to want him to be her big protector, which makes me give her the side-eye. But I would have the exact same reaction, if not worse, with that tone coming from someone. (Especially if that someone who is a man who once tried to tell me that "cancer is your friend." No, my dear. You aren't smarter than me, and you should really, really, really stop thinking you are). 

Edited by eleanorofaquitaine
  • Love 14
(edited)
1 hour ago, TurtlePower said:

I agree with Rinna when she said Denise is trying to use the show to mend her image—I suspected this right out of the gate. Undoubtedly all the talk about penises and happy endings made it back to Denise’s kids—“hey, we heard your mom got your dad a ‘happy ending’, etc”. I also wonder if Denise’s agents asked her to tone it down a bit. Something about Denise is off this season, and it shows. 

I wonder this, too, TurtlePower. And quite honestly, I think that is completely understandable. I know Denise said something earlier about one of the girls not liking the soft-core Instagram shot that Denise posted of Aaron, which is why she pulled it down. And if she said, "you know, after last year, my daughters told me that this stuff was coming back to them and I don't want them to be further embarrassed," then I think that the other women actually would understand it. Instead, she's dancing around it plus production clearly thinks she's lying because they have shown more than once the conversation she had with Sami (where, in her telling, Sami's expresses concern and in the footage from the video, Sami seems to find it humorous).

Quite honestly, I am not sure what Denise would have to repair her image from, at least when she initially was on the show. Post-divorce to Charlie Sheen, her image was pretty good, especially when she took in the two boys from his marriage to Brooke Mueller. So I do think she was embarrassed by some of the things she said last year, which I actually do get and I think it is fine for her to admit to. But then she should actually admit to it. There just seems to be some level of inauthenticity to her that the others are picking up on. (Of course, they are all pretty inauthentic, too, so they have no room to judge).

Edited by eleanorofaquitaine
  • Love 12
2 minutes ago, EmZeeGee said:

Respectfully, I find this a ridiculous standard. One can find any and everything on the internet, which I'm sure Denise's daughters and all their children have access to. Denise simply self-censors when she is around her daughters, like most reasonable adults do around children to some degree or another. All conversations are not no holds barred simply because one can find that conversation elsewhere. Absolutely everyone self-censors according to venue, audience, relevance every time they speak. In my opinion, they're fighting for the right to talk how they wish in front of Denise's daughters not because of some wish to expose hypocrisy, but because they don't value her children because of who their father is, and their own embarrassment at being called out and need for a storyline.

This all of this 

• Love 13
20 minutes ago, HeddaGabler said:

What in the actual hell is going on with the make-up here?

Screen Shot 2020-07-16 at 12.50.09 PM.jpg

I sometimes wonder if the glam squads are having a laugh and giggling all the way to the bank at the expense of these women. Erika is an attractive woman with lovely skin. What a shame. And what about Rinna! Yikes! I don’t know what’s worse the bright white or neon pink eyeshadow in her talking heads.

• LOL 8
  • Love 11

I'm still watching this ep and just got to the auction part and I just realized that it's the guy + wife from Storage Wars. With all these character crossovers this is starting to feel like the Marvel Universe, except that rather than expecting heroes to work together to save the world, we just have these assholes talking-shit about each other and spending their time applying lip gloss.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 14
  • Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, Door County Cherry said:

Hell, Andy said he sees these shows as a replacement for soap operas in a soap opera retrospective he hosted a short while back (pissing off quite a few soap fans) so she's just more obvious about the game.  

What I wonder is, is Rinna acting the part of the obvious mustache-twirling villain or is she trying to portray an actual type of person who legitimately, but naively, wants to help everyone move forward and talk it out in order to get to a resolution? Because if it's the latter, she is a terrible actress. And it is painful when she thinks she's funny/zany/irreverent -- which is what I think she was going for when she called Camille an asshole; I think she thought everyone, including Camille, would laugh and be like, "Oh, that's our wacky Rinna!"

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I agree with all of this and wanted to add something about Erika.  Erika seems disappointed in Denise for Denise not being the person Erika fantasized her to be.  Denise is more than her acting credits, but Erika sees her as a Bond Girl, Wild Thing, Playboy Centerfold, insert sexual character here.  Erika liked even loved Denise last year when she was talking about the size of Aaron's penis and happy endings because that was confirmation in Erika's eyes that Denise was the sum of her movie roles.  This is all on Erika, and bitch needs to shut up and move on at this point.  In Erika's mind, Denise was supposed to high five her for participating in a threesome instead of asking her politely to quiet it down while the kids were nearby.  Again, not Denise's fault she did not behave the way Erika wanted her to behave.   And really, Erika should know better with her Erika Jayne alter ego.  We all know Erika Jayne doesn't show up for an event at Tom's law firm, but Erika Girardi.  She dons a persona for the stage no different than Denise  

In a talking head a while back Erika mentioned that she and the others admired how sex-positive Denise was last year. I don't think it was just the movie roles, I think she thought she'd found a kindred spirit; except for Eileen, the other women took a while to stop clutching their pearls at how she performed as Erika Jayne. Had Denise been on the show then, I've no doubt she'd have been fully on board with EJ. But I think you're right that Erika's disappointed that Denise isn't what Erika formed in her mind and that she needs to get over it.

I was actually intrigued how Denise and Teddi's conversation would have gone. I think one-on-one they might have been able to get through to each other as they're IMO the two most rational, aside from Garcelle. But then Kyle and Camille had to fuck it up and I suspect they're not going to get the opportunity again.

I love how about the only thing Kimber was looking forward to was seeing Eileen. You and me both, lady. I thought it was classy of Eileen to stay with Kimber and Camille after Lisa's "I don't hate you at all, I just wanted to say you're an asshole and I kind of hate you." Nobody goes scorched earth quite like Lisa Rinna.

That said, I don't feel bad at all for Camille that her apology tour isn't going over well. Hey at least you were 1 for 4!

• Love 6

You know what I don’t miss this season? Erica’s asshole glam squad. 

So many great posts today, I am #teamdenise, you all know who you are! I do feel like she is acting strangely tho, the weird comments about cancer seemingly out of nowhere when she left Kyles BBQ? Aaron is okay to look at and maybe he’s great with her kids, I just feel weird that she buys into all of his whack-a-doodleness. 

Anyone else see the “never before scene” from Sutton’s party the week before with Jennifer Tilly? She talked about how things happen “on set” when the star goes a little crazy and walks off set then shows up the next day like nothing happened. They all got really quiet because there it was, Denise is the”star” and expects to be left alone about the incident the next day. Erica said “Kyle, did you act like that on the set of Halloween?” HAHAHA Kyle isn’t the STAR of Halloween, I bet she gets killed right off the bat! 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8

This whole storyline is not even half as interesting as "pantygate" and it's the 10th season, don't they know they have to up it when they have a milestone season? This franchise might have better ratings than NY, and nothing is going on in NY, but considering they have names like Denise, Garcelle and Rinna (yes, even her) I'd think this would be the premiere show of the whole network. How much money are they spending on this show? Considering their salaries (I'd think at least Denise, Rinna and Kyle do earn big bucks) plus their vacations (they always have amazing destinations compared to NY who always go to México) I'd think this is the most expensive show, and all they have to show for it is this? 

I can see why they bring back Camille and are trying their hardest to sell Brandi.  

• Love 2

Denise seemed really hurt by Lisa. Lisa seems to just be for herself. Lol she acts like she’s on Big Brother sometimes🤪. She was so cold sitting talking to Denise. Kyle was really frazzled trying to get her party together lol. I thought she looked cute with a pony tail haha. Kris Jenner came in the party looking kind of sinister to me lol. Kyle seemed so excited to see Kathy. I used to like Brandi,her friend looked like a man in drag imo lol. Next week looks like Brandi is getting ready to put her claws in Denise and Aaron’s relationship lol.

• Love 3
(edited)
9 hours ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

Definitions a bad mother: not having time for your daughter to help her get ready for a big party because telling people their jobs when you have an event coordinator is more important.

I actually think Kyle is a bad mother.  I remember a couple seasons back when she took her daughters to get their ears pierced.  The youngest, Portia, screamed about the needle which was understandable.  But one of the teenagers had the same exact tantrum, and Kyle acted as if it were completely normal and even crawled onto the daughter’s lap to hug and coddle her.  It was fcking weird.  It’s like Kyle is teaching her daughters that it’s ok to freak out over every little thing, just like she does.  Does she want them to grow up anxiety-ridden and always dependent on her?  (She probably does and that would make her a shitty mother).

Damn even animals in the wild teach their kids how to eventually fend for themselves.

Edited by Kiki777
Because grammar
  • Love 11
(edited)
3 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I see a guy who is used to speaking over women and condescending to them, not as someone who is "calm" and "unflappable." It's not his fight. He should 100 percent stay out of it, rather than coming it as Mr. Big and Tough Who Protects His Woman.  Whatever I felt about Denise and her reasons for getting upset, my head would explode if Aaron spoke to me the way he was speaking to the women - and I would have been a lot less nice than the other women here have been. He should stay the fuck out of the women's business.

Real talk: I have called out my own significant other when I thought he was being condescending to friends of mine. We argued about it, he said he wasn't, etc. But I don't need him to fight my battles for me or to treat other women around me as if they aren't smart enough to understand what is going on.  Denise seems to want him to be her big protector, which makes me give her the side-eye. But I would have the exact same reaction, if not worse, with that tone coming from someone. (Especially if that someone who is a man who once tried to tell me that "cancer is your friend." No, my dear. You aren't smarter than me, and you should really, really, really stop thinking you are). 

With respect, how is it not his fight? I agree that it would be more effective if he stayed out of it because he is clearly making it worse, yet declaring it as none of his business seems untrue. His wife came to him and said that she did not have a good time on her girls get away trip because the women came after her and grilled her and accused her saying implying that they were bad people when she asked them to quiet down on the sex talk because of the kids at the party. 1. She brought the problem to a man who now thinks he has to be part of the solution (PK has now learned that supporting his wife of what to do when she is attacked is more helpful than defending her himself, yet he has fallen for this too). 2. The topic is about the women arguing that Denise was wrong or implying something wrong about them for her request not to speak about sex in front of HIS CHILD. As a man who hears that this request has been stated and has been ignored, he will repeat his standard emphatically like a drum that is not up for discussion because he does not want you to discuss sex in front of his developmentally delayed non-verbal daughter and he does not want to talk about why he feels that way, nor does he feel it is necessary. Yes, that is a man’s way of thinking and it goes over like a lead balloon and he looks arrogant because he is not interested in listening. If it was any other topic, I would agree that he had no place interjecting; however, when he knows his wife has been near tears over this and he is protecting his children and he is sitting next to his wife who is being questioned and she says, “there is a line...” and she stumbles for words because she is dumbfounded at the conversation, he says, (essentially) that “we said how it is, everyone should not have a problem, so are we good?” And when met with silence and Denise wants to leave, he mumbles about how everyone has to be ok with looking at themselves in the mirror. To my ears, I believe he was including himself in that and he said what he felt he needed to about backing Denise up so that he could be ok with himself as a person and he was asking them to do the same. Re-iterating what she said... that if there is a line there need be no further discussion! Essentially asking them, “how can you be ok with arguing with a mother over where her line is?” That is when she realized it was going downhill and said we are leaving. Given, he was NOT articulate and he did sound condescending, but I think he was being genuine in saying “why does this warrant discussion? We don’t want this, what is going on with you that it is that not enough for you?” I think the ladies have been in Housewives land too long and are taking everything as a personal jab when I think these two are being very plain. He absolutely made a bigger mess thinking that he could step in as the man and say “enough” and it would stop, however he was not out of the scope of his rights to say that “as parents, we don’t want sex talk in front of minor children at our party. This is an announcement and not a dialogue. No clarification. No sex talk with kids at the party. Period. Hear us.“ If he said that, it would have been better. Although he is far from a wordsmith— that was the energy and intention I felt from him. Although his delivery was a mess, (he was emotional— angry and a bit outraged, specifically— and a bit liquored on the Casamigas), I understood his right to speak up regarding Eloise. Do you think Harry Hamlin would tolerate arguing and clarifying over why they are not bad moms and should be able to talk about sex in front of his 9 year old because Lisa Rinna is naked all the time??? Please!!!! Or Tom??? I believe Harry would be upset by it and he would have a right to as a parent. His child, his rule, end of discussion. Tom won’t even tolerate Erika adding on to what he is saying when she is agreeing with him and he tells her to stop talking because he is not finished with his point articulating to her friend and dinner guest why she is wrong. This is insanity. Aaron did not make much sense, however he was not out of line for speaking; he was, however, ineffective in shutting this down and his interjecting did make it worse. 

Edited by Luckylondon
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, EmZeeGee said:

Respectfully, I find this a ridiculous standard. One can find any and everything on the internet, which I'm sure Denise's daughters and all their children have access to. Denise simply self-censors when she is around her daughters, like most reasonable adults do around children to some degree or another. All conversations are not no holds barred simply because one can find that conversation elsewhere. Absolutely everyone self-censors according to venue, audience, relevance every time they speak. In my opinion, they're fighting for the right to talk how they wish in front of Denise's daughters not because of some wish to expose hypocrisy, but because they don't value her children because of who their father is, and their own embarrassment at being called out and need for a storyline.

Well I can't find anything on the internet about my parents' sexy times, and I don't think it's that high of a standard.  But I agree with the bolded part.

• Love 8
(edited)
2 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

I sometimes wonder if the glam squads are having a laugh and giggling all the way to the bank at the expense of these women. Erika is an attractive woman with lovely skin. What a shame. And what about Rinna! Yikes! I don’t know what’s worse the bright white or neon pink eyeshadow in her talking heads.

Erika’s personality is so-so imo. She can be very sweet and a girl’s girl. She can also be very aggressive and harsh. But looks wise, she’d gorgeous imo, one of the prettiest in the whole franchise. And I never get over skin. It’s exceptional even for a woman who’s got $$$. I’m much younger than her, and I wish I had that poreless look. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, HeddaGabler said:

What in the actual hell is going on with the make-up here?

The 80's called, they want their Alexis Carrington makeup artist back on set.

You know what would have been fun, if they had filmed the ladies at Aaron's House of Lightbulbs and Tuning Forks, it would have been publicity for his business and the ladies could have had a chance to embarrass themselves making everything into a penis or orgasm joke with every piece of equipment they see.

• LOL 7
6 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Erika’s personality is so-so imo. She can be very sweet and a girl’s girl. She can also be very aggressive and harsh. But looks wise, she’d gorgeous imo, one of the prettiest in the whole franchise. And I never get over skin. It’s exceptional even for a woman who’s got $$$. I’m much younger than her, and I wish I had that poreless look. 

Erika without all the glam is one of the most beautiful housewives.   Her complexion is flawless.

• Love 10
11 minutes ago, princelina said:

Well I can't find anything on the internet about my parents' sexy times, and I don't think it's that high of a standard.

I won't even bother looking online because I don't even think my parents ever had sexy time.

Seriously, yes maybe they could have waited till the kids had left the party to get to the racy stuff but I bet those kids have heard of if not seen some sort of naughty stuff online so I am sure they have heard the word threesome before so it is not like Denise's kids were unaware that things like exist.  I don't condone it, just knowing what kids see these days can be shocking...I saw the movie "Thirteen," it was the scariest movie I ever saw.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Luckylondon said:

With respect, how is it not his fight? I agree that it would be more effective if he stayed out of it because he is clearly making it worse, yet declaring it as none of his business seems untrue. His wife came to him and said that she did not have a good time on her girls get away trip because the women came after her and grilled her and accused her saying implying that they were bad people when she asked them to quiet down on the sex talk because of the kids at the party. 1. She brought the problem to a man who now thinks he has to be part of the solution (PK has now learned that supporting his wife of what to do when she is attacked is more helpful than defending her himself, yet he has fallen for this too). 2. The topic is about the women arguing that Denise was wrong or implying something wrong about them for her request not to speak about sex in front of HIS CHILD. As a man who hears that this request has been stated and has been ignored, he will repeat his standard emphatically like a drum that is not up for discussion because he does not want you to discuss sex in front of his developmentally delayed non-verbal daughter and he does not want to talk about why he feels that way, nor does he feel it is necessary. Yes, that is a man’s way of thinking and it goes over like a lead balloon and he looks arrogant because he is not interested in listening. If it was any other topic, I would agree that he had no place interjecting; however, when he knows his wife has been near tears over this and he is protecting his children and he is sitting next to his wife who is being questioned and she says, “there is a line...” and she stumbles for words because she is dumbfounded at the conversation, he says, (essentially) that “we said how it is, everyone should not have a problem, so are we good?” And when met with silence and Denise wants to leave, he mumbles about how everyone has to be ok with looking at themselves in the mirror. To my ears, I believe he was including himself in that and he said what he felt he needed to about backing Denise up so that he could be ok with himself as a person and he was asking them to do the same. Re-iterating what she said... that if there is a line there need be no further discussion! Essentially asking them, “how can you be ok with arguing with a mother over where her line is?” That is when she realized it was going downhill and said we are leaving. Given, he was NOT articulate and he did sound condescending, but I think he was being genuine in saying “why does this warrant discussion? We don’t want this, what is going on with you that it is that not enough for you?” I think the ladies have been in Housewives land too long and are taking everything as a personal jab when I think these two are being very plain. He absolutely made a bigger mess thinking that he could step in as the man and say “enough” and it would stop, however he was not out of the scope of his rights to say that “as parents, we don’t want sex talk in front of minor children at our party. This is an announcement and not a dialogue. No clarification. No sex talk with kids at the party. Period. Hear us.“ If he said that, it would have been better. Although he is far from a wordsmith— that was the energy and intention I felt from him. Although his delivery was a mess, (he was emotional— angry and a bit outraged, specifically— and a bit liquored on the Casamigas), I understood his right to speak up regarding Eloise. Do you think Harry Hamlin would tolerate arguing and clarifying over why they are not bad moms and should be able to talk about sex in front of his 9 year old because Lisa Rinna is naked all the time??? Please!!!! Or Tom??? I believe Harry would be upset by it and he would have a right to as a parent. His child, his rule, end of discussion. Tom won’t even tolerate Erika adding on to what he is saying when she is agreeing with him and he tells her to stop talking because he is not finished with his point articulating to her friend and dinner guest why she is wrong. This is insanity. Aaron did not make much sense, however he was not out of line for speaking; he was, however, ineffective in shutting this down and his interjecting did make it worse. 

It's not his fight because Denise is an adult and should be able to solve her problems with other adults without Aaron saying word one about it. Sure, she has every right to come to him and to talk through how she should handle it with the other ladies. He has every right to say to her, "tell them I don't like that kind of discussion" or what have you. But Denise is not a child, she should not require A Big, Strong Male Protector to fight her battles for her. That she does - and that he sees that it is appropriate to fight with a bunch of women about them being mean to her - really makes me doubt her as an adult. It's infantilizing. 

There's a reason why most of the men on these shows try to stay out of the arguments - because they know that it makes them and their wives look bad. (FWIW, I had the same criticism of Ken Vanderpump, too. Stop acting as if your wife isn't a fully-grown adult who can fight her own battles, Ken). 

• Love 4

As i just posted on RHONY - as drunk and nasty as they (Dorinda) get they make up and move on. No rehashing, no weeks and weeks of regurgitating the same arguments. You need to check yourselves RHOBH. You're boring to watch and most of you are just fake as fuck.

• Love 21
48 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:There's a reason why most of the men on these shows try to stay out of the arguments - because they know that it makes them and their wives look bad. (FWIW, I had the same criticism of Ken Vanderpump, too. Stop acting as if your wife isn't a fully-grown adult who can fight her own battles, Ken). 

Yes the reason is that they don’t love their wives anymore. They use to show to get them out of their hair to pursue their own interests. When they still love them they jump right in Ken or Paul with Adrienne in the first season or even Maugreasio in earlier years. Some like Kelsey Grammer use it as a parting gift. But others like Tom and Harry Hamlin make one token appearance a year. 

Unlike almost all of the other husbands Aaron still loves his wife. Aaron, Ken and yes even that grifter PK still want to protect their wives from these vile bitches.

Otherwise they would be in Canada seeing if bears really do shit in the woods.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 8

Another boring stupid episode. Can something just fucking happen already. Stop talking about the threesome talk nobody cares anymore. It’s been going on so long. It wasn’t even really am interesting SL to begin with.

I thought drama was happening with Brandi like when is that? Enough of the same convo.

Oh haha Rinna’s kids are being terrible people in the previews something I really wanna see more of. Ugh no.

Hopefully Kyle actually gets the money from Dorits bid lol.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 7/15/2020 at 9:44 PM, Straycat80 said:

Is this a reunion of HW’s of seasons past? I’m changing the channel when Brandi comes on. 
Why is Garcelle on this show again? She rarely interacts with the others or attends any events. She said she has a group of real friends. She’s too classy and normal for this show. 

I'm not really liking Garcelle at this point.  The way she jumped on the "trash Kyle" bandwagon without even being available for anyone to interact with her on a deeper level put me off.  It's one thing to have a problem with someone who has treated you bad, but i could tell by Kyle's reaction when Garcelle made that speech about not considering one of the group her friend that she was taken aback.  And I think if a new housewife can't fit filming with the others into her schedule, she needs to move on and let them hire someone more available.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
On 7/15/2020 at 9:32 PM, LibertarianSlut said:

I can’t believe Camille is only in her early fifties.  She looks like she’s in her sixties to me.  Not 65, like Kim, but 60 for sure.  The lips and eyebrows are awful.  

To be fair, she's a cancer survivor.  Cancer treatments can wreak havoc on your overall appearance. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 8

Half way through this episode, I looked at my watch as I thought it must be almost over. No such luck.

I didn't like Camille's house at all. I know Malibu is pricey, but honestly I could not stand having neighbours so close to me. She could reach out and hand a cup of sugar to either neighbour without leaving her home. No thanks. 

Loved seeing Eileen again - I miss her on the show. I wasn't a fan of her hair colour though.

I like that Rinna pointed out that Denise is a different Denise than the one we saw last year. I totally agree, and like last year's version much more than this year's.

I am not one to give PK compliments, but it is obvious from the flashbacks that he has lost weight. Good for him. 

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, swankie said:

To be fair, she's a cancer survivor.  Cancer treatments can wreak havoc on your overall appearance. 

Yeah, that’s true.  I have to give Camille points for being honest too.  She’s still a thin woman, but she used to be like a stick, like Rinna with slightly bigger boobs, and right after she survived the cancer, she was very open that she’s not able to maintain that figure anymore.  I remember she used the words “new normal” about her body, and I thought that was lovely.  Before she was on the show, when she was in her thirties, I used to think she was absolutely gorgeous.  I’d always be like, “how did Frasier get such a hot wife?”  

I sometimes think the cure of getting old that these women resort to is worse than getting old.  I don’t see how wrinkles could look worse than a perma-surprised face and giant balloon lips, but...I’m also not in the Hollywood spotlight getting my appearance critiqued by every media outfit available, so it’s easy for me to say.  

Nothing forgives those giant cuffs on her blouse though!  They were like bell bottoms on arms.  That shirt needs to burn.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9
(edited)

Brandi looks appalling. Melting plastic and Styrofoam.Gives truth to the saying "Pretty is as pretty does" awa  "Eventually you get the face you deserve".

(sayings courtesy of my grandmother who was born in the 1800's & really hated the 20th century)

Edited by BlueHawk
Revision
  • LOL 5
  • Love 6
(edited)
20 hours ago, FancyNancy said:

Why is Kimber always in the mix? Also, that was a hard looking woman that came with Brandi. 

That was either a man in drag or a pre-

completion trans person.

Edited by BlueHawk
  • Love 2

Party episodes are fun for people watching.

It was interesting seeing Paul Nassif with his new young wife. Good for him. Adrienne was horrible to him during their marriage. And she is one tuck away from looking like that Wildenstein Catwoman in New York.

And speaking of plastic surgery, holy melted barbie doll Brandi! She's awful, but was once genuinely beautiful - a total ruin now.

It was nice seeing Eileen - I miss her. I never saw her final seasons, so I don't know what the beef between her and LVP was about.

Not good times at the party for Camille - I think she was batting 0.

Still laughing at Erika's talking head make-up - someone went to town with the blusher and bronzer!

48 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I didn't like Camille's house at all. I know Malibu is pricey, but honestly I could not stand having neighbours so close to me. She could reach out and hand a cup of sugar to either neighbour without leaving her home. No thanks. 

Malibu has never looked like an appealing place at all to me for that reason. The beaches themselves are of course, beautiful, but all the houses are crammed together seemingly inches apart, and are all shades of hideous custom-built ugly. There are much prettier beach-side communities with nicer architecture.

• Love 6

Kyle was touched seeing that mess of a melted Barbie crying on Twitter about not having a husband?  There was not a real tear anywhere on her face and I am sure her boys are oh so proud of their mom doing crap like that for all to see.  

If Kyle is so moved by crap like that then I am going to post a fake crying video of myself crying about not having an LV tote, (the big one, not the small one).  Fingers crossed!

• LOL 13
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

Yes the reason is that they don’t love their wives anymore. They use to show to get them out of their hair to pursue their own interests. When they still love them they jump right in Ken or Paul with Adrienne in the first season or even Maugreasio in earlier years. Some like Kelsey Grammer use it as a parting gift. But others like Tom and Harry Hamlin make one token appearance a year. 

Unlike almost all of the other husbands Aaron still loves his wife. Aaron, Ken and yes even that grifter PK still want to protect their wives from these vile bitches.

Otherwise they would be in Canada seeing if bears really do shit in the woods.

If the way my significant other "proved" his "love" to me was by treating me like a child and being condescending on the regular to other women, then I wouldn't be worrying about him leaving me because it would be the other way around.  The notion that there are only two ways to be - either someone who "loves" their wife so much that they infantilize that person and mistreat their "friends" or just tolerate them until they divorce them shows you have a pretty dim view both of women and men.

Aaron may "love" his wife. But more than anything, he wants to dominate the narrative. He's a not-very-bright alpha male asshole and I'm glad it works for Denise but it doesn't mean I have to find anything about him or his behavior admirable. 

• Love 7
6 hours ago, swankie said:

I'm not really liking Garcelle at this point.  The way she jumped on the "trash Kyle" bandwagon without even being available for anyone to interact with her on a deeper level put me off.  It's one thing to have a problem with someone who has treated you bad, but i could tell by Kyle's reaction when Garcelle made that speech about not considering one of the group her friend that she was taken aback.  And I think if a new housewife can't fit filming with the others into her schedule, she needs to move on and let them hire someone more available.

This is my problem with Garcelle, too. I do think she's down to earth and I actually like seeing some of the inside-the-industry stuff with her. But her complaints about Kyle seem to be really grasping at straws - hell, I don't even understand what Denise's problem is with Kyle (pre-threesomegate) and I understand less of Garcelle's.

It seems to me that there was an initial strategy of Dorit/Rinna to go after Kyle and Teddi's friendship and Denise/Garcelle to go after Kyle in general during the season. But the night at Denise's house seems to have derailed that strategy, such that suddenly Denise was the target, not Kyle. I am not sure that is necessarily fair but then again, I think that the popular girl pile-on that they do on this show in particular is a little odd. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, dmeets said:

I was actually intrigued how Denise and Teddi's conversation would have gone. I think one-on-one they might have been able to get through to each other as they're IMO the two most rational, aside from Garcelle. But then Kyle and Camille had to fuck it up and I suspect they're not going to get the opportunity again.

Kyle saw Denise and Teddi getting ready to talk and immediately had to jump in.  Heaven forbid Denise and Teddi talk their issues out and move on when Kyle is still mad at Denise.  Kyle used Camille to break up that conversation before anything not Kyle approved was reached.

6 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I like that Rinna pointed out that Denise is a different Denise than the one we saw last year. I totally agree, and like last year's version much more than this year's.

This read to me as Rinna gaslighting the viewer into disliking Denise.  We don't know if last year's Denise would have come to the party because the women won't let that one issue go.  Denise is acting differently this season because she is reacting to the other women.  Who knows how Denise would have acted at Kyle's BBQ if the women were still not out for her blood, or Sutton's event, or Garcelle's event, or even the Black and White Party.  Denise said her piece in Santa Barbara but the women won't let it go.  It's not Denise's fault that Rinna and the other women are making a mountain out of a molehill.  

• Love 16