Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E01: What A Difference A Plea Makes

• Start Topic

There will be a couple of moments of heart wrenching crying children of please don't take my mommy and daddy away scenes.  For me a 20 week run of a PR campaign to keep the Giudices out of jail is not what I plan on watching.

If it's a campaign, from what I watched I think it might backfire.  If I were the judge and I watched someone plead guilty and then cry victim on television for weeks on end, I'd lose any ounce of mercy I may have felt.  She'd be better off owning up to what she admitted to doing, imho.  Who knows, maybe she'll get there. 

As far as the kids go...I'm not sure how getting your kid to cry on camera while talking about how they have no college fund set up is a way to show it's important for you to be their to raise your children.  

I couldn't get through the whole episode, though.  I re-watched season 1 the other day (funny to hear them vow to be together forever vs. Danielle...knowing that now most of those relationships are shattered), and it really highlighted a formula I think I'm getting sick of.  One of them throws a random event.  The others attend, naturally.  Drama ensues.  

It's been this entire season of the OC.  On NYC they just yank them out of the city and do it.  It's getting tired, and I have no interest in Amber or the 100 year-old twins.  Yeah, it was part of season one- but only a sliver, and it made more sense because they were family.  When it started to play out here...I just couldn't keep going.  Maybe they should go back to letting the women sometimes do their own thing.

• Love 2

Teresa's denial is not that unusual … everyone from Elizabeth Edwards to Hillary Clinton to Bernie Madoff's wife were in denial … 

Teresa committed her own crimes. She's not just playing the part of stand-by-your-man.

Gia is the only smart one of that group. The rest are all enablers. "Everything's gonna be fine...You didn't do anything....They're all out to get ya....." Poor Gia. She knows.

• Love 6

Gia seems like such a gentle soul how did she get born into that soul crushing family?

I seem to remember some screaming and shrieking ala Milania in the first season. She seems to have developed into a good kid though, I agree.

Why TWINS? It's bad enough when new people are introduced and you can't keep them straight. And then one is also Teresa. WHY?

I thought I wouldn't miss Caroline, Jac, and Kathy, but...yeah, I do. I also can't with Amber's raggedy hair. Or Melissa's dead eyes in her "let's bring sexy back, girls" clip.

• Love 1

I don't fault Melissa on this.  If she called and acknowledged it, we have seen Theresa, in the past, fly off the handle because they automatically assumed what the tabloid's were saying was true. It is what really damaged the relationship with Jacqueline. 

Further, she's always saying "it's all lies,lies, lies".... except when she sells stories.  You never know what to do with her.  She truly is delusional.

That is true. Good point.

I know the Guidices did something wrong, but I still feel bad for them. It must be so scary to wonder whether you will be serving time or not and if you are going to be around for your kids. I actually teared up several times during the episode. I feel so bad for that family. I really lost it when Frank was on talking to Joe and Gia. So sad.

The twins get on my last nerve so far. Hopefully they will grow on me as the season progresses. I do, however, wish I could get by in life with just Dunkin Donuts and oral sex.

So glad to see Dina back. She makes me laugh; especially when she is with Teresa.

• Like 1
  • Love 6

I know the Guidices did something wrong, but I still feel bad for them. It must be so scary to wonder whether you will be serving time or not and if you are going to be around for your kids.

Hmmmm I must be stone cold because I don't feel sorry for them at all. Not even a tiny little bit. They took out loans and defrauded people for millions of dollars. Not because they had medical bills to pay. Not because they were desperate to survive or avoid being homeless. They just wanted to live lavishly with a tacky mansion, designer clothes and cars. Then had the nerve to flaunt that shit on TV always screaming FABULOUS. They still refuse to take any responsibility whatsoever for anything they've done. They can try to hide behind their crying kids all they want. Practically every criminal in prison has a family or kids.

I didn't know if I was going to watch this season because in the past it was too much about Theresa & Joe.

I'm willing to see if these new broads bring anything interesting to the table. Already the twins' voices annoy me to no end. I hope they dial it down a notch or 10.

Did I also hear someone say that Amber has 7 criminal charges against her??  I also demand that she produce her college degree. There's no way someone who went to college would think that whatever word she was trying to say was a real world. Lol.

• Love 16
(edited)

Me too, Juneau. I swore I would not watch, but of course I ended up taking a peek a few minutes in--just in time to see Gia dissolve into tears the first time. So I switched away. And then I switched back. And ended up watching the whole thing in two-minute increments because that was all I could handle of both the Giudices' storyline and the intro of the not-at-all charismatic new characters.

I loathe Joe and Teresa. They are unrepentant, arrogant criminals. But dammit, their kids love them--as kids love their parents--and they are going to suffer the pain of their punishment as well. And they are completely innocent of any wrongdoing. So, yeah, it choked me up to see Joe and Gia hugging and tearing up at the party, but then I was pissed off because I don't want to feel sorry for Joe. At all. In conclusion--yeah, not entertainment. Think I will keep up through recaps and the commentary here.

BTW, does anyone know why the sentencing was postponed? I had missed that bit of news. 

Edited by bref
  • Love 4

BTW, does anyone know why the sentencing was postponed? I had missed that bit of news.

I read the Judge had a scheduling conflict, but who knows what that means or if it's even true. They don't have to disclose this stuff to the public.

I'm sorry but Melissa was not sincere. Someone who is sincere will call and ask, "hey, I just saw such and such on TV. Are you okay?" rather than "... well, is it true?" Such coldness in her voice. She's on display, on display for sure.

I felt awful for Gia too. And I think at this point Teresa's denial is bordering on a mental illness.

I fast forwarded through the fake Melissa scenes.

Didn't need to see young girls twerk.  Good parenting there Teresa. 

Melissa - JLo called and wants all her old looks back.

Amber...so many fake plants in her house, looks like she cleared out Homegoods.

She should get along great with Dina.

And no Teresa, so many others aren't going though the same thing.

Dina, you didn't marry Tommy when you were 20.  I'm gonna guess he's seen you naked.

Ugh, I didn't watch last season at all.  Not sure if I'll keep tuning in.

• Love 1
(edited)

Oh man - those twins are a couple of rough looking trashy broads. You know it's bad when they make Melissa and Teresa look like the classy ones.

Not liking this Amber so far. Seems to me like she's using her cancer as a sympathy, attention getting story line and that is NOT cool.  Bringing it up to Dina I could see since they were discussing Dina's cancer charity but when she talked about it to Melissa it seemed like she was using it as a weapon to make Melissa look bad and as an excuse to talk about it again and garner audience sympathy. I loathe the Gorgas but I do believe Melissa when she says she didn't know Amber was battling cancer.

If Amber doesn't want guests tracking in snow maybe she should have hired someone to shovel her walkway and steps before the party.  She knew all the women would be wearing heesl yet she didn't bother to clear a path or salt. She's luck someone didn't fall and sue her ass.  A larger rug in front of the door would have been nice so guests had a biggger area to wipe the snow off their shoes. As for the camera shot of some food dropped on the floor? You have a dog for God's sake. He'll clean it up! It's not like someonw spilled red wine on an expensive carpet. If you're that concerned about your home don't have a party.

I could have done without the pig scene. I laughed at the scene where the dog was looking at the pig, sniffing the bag it was in, then slinked away as if to say, "Damn, hope that's not me someday!"

So the Bravo camers just so happened to be in the Gorga's bedroom as Joe turned on the TV to hear news of his sister? Yeah, not buying it. That and the phone call between Teresa and Melissa was an obvious reenactment. As much fighting as there was between the Guidices and Gorgas last few seasons I do believe Joe Gorga is legitimately concerned for his sister and upset at what's happening,

I'm so glad Frank Guidice got to see his extended family and they him at the party before he passed away. So sad to see him with the girls and know he is no longer there for them.

I think Melissa looks better with dark hair.

Edited by happykitteh
  • Love 1

I know the Guidices did something wrong, but I still feel bad for them. It must be so scary to wonder whether you will be serving time or not and if you are going to be around for your kids. I actually teared up several times during the episode. I feel so bad for that family.

And that's exactly why Teresa probably insisted the scene with Gia was kept in the show. The Guidices are playing it up to the highest degree. That is the ONLY reason why they're still on this show. It's all for the public's sympathy. I hope they both rot in prison for a long time. Felons!

• Love 6
(edited)

I wanted to reach through the TV and hug Gia.  That child is hurting so badly.  God bless those children, seriously.

Nice that there was not a Wakile in sight, although Bald Husband is on my last nerve already.   Bravo, please stop giving these husbands talking heads.  

I had forgotten much I dislike the Gorgas, and, while I'm not to crazy about Amber, if she can dish the dirt on Melissa, she can be my new BFF.   Of course Melissa did not know about the cancer.  If it doesn't involve Melissa, she's not interested.   I think she also made a conscious decision to cut the people that knew her before she married Joe out of her life.  All last season she was upset when people called her a gold digger, yet it didn't take her long to toss that accusation out at someone else.  Oh, and she hates being accused of things she didn't do.  Please, Melissa, take a seat. 

Joe Gorga referred to Teresa as "blood".  Last season, when she said they were "blood", he told her she was scum.

Nice family picture at the end, and nice In Memoriam to Joe's father.

Other than that - I don't know.  My personal jury is still out on what kind of season it will be.  I'm not a Dina fan, but it is nice to see Teresa interact with someone who actually likes her after 3 seasons of the hate-fest.

Edited by mwell345
  • Love 3

So the Bravo camers just so happened to be in the Gorga's bedroom as Joe turned on the TV to hear news of his sister? Yeah, not buying it. That and the phone call between Teresa and Melissa was an obvious reenactment. As much fighting as there was between the Guidices and Gorgas last few seasons I do believe Joe Gorga is legitimately concerned for his sister and upset at what's happening,

Somewhere I read that that scene was set up (they were actuallyy watching a tape of an old news report) and inserted. I can't find the link though.  But I put nothing past Bravo.

• Love 2
(edited)

So, Theresa, lots of people are going through the same thing, but no one talks about it because the people aren't famous? Uh, non, non, cherie. I doubt that anyone on this board has ever met anyone who has gone through the same thing. And she says things like, I don't know why this is happening to me. Hasn't she read the court papers? Or is that expecting too much?

My thoughts about the big family reunion: Theresa and Joe are lucky to have such a big, supportive extended family. They don't deserve it. And Gia, on the other hand, doesn't deserve to have the parents that she wound up with. Milania is a much better fit for them. Someone was watching, realized that they made a horrible mistake giving them Gia, and tried to balance it out with Milania. 

Edited by jennylauren123
  • Love 4
Not liking this Amber so far. Seems to me like she's using her cancer as a sympathy, attention getting story line and that is NOT cool.  Bringing it up to Dina I could see since they were discussing Dina's cancer charity but when she talked about it to Melissa it seemed like she was using it as a weapon to make Melissa look bad and as an excuse to talk about it again and garner audience sympathy. I loathe the Gorgas but I do believe Melissa when she says she didn't know Amber was battling cancer.

Thank you!  You verbalized my thoughts exactly.  Stop using your cancer as a storyline to make other people look bad, especially when you took the time to let us know that you Melissa haven't been friends/connected since Melissa got married (which is what 7-8 years?).  It makes you look desperate.

And Theresa has money for all star cheerleading?  That shit is not cheap.  Way to save money.  I have no sympathy for that one.  And please stop displaying your kid's pain on TV.

• Love 5

I know the Guidices did something wrong, but I still feel bad for them. It must be so scary to wonder whether you will be serving time or not and if you are going to be around for your kids. I actually teared up several times during the episode. I feel so bad for that family. I really lost it when Frank was on talking to Joe and Gia. So sad.

I feel the same way. I got very emotional during those scenes. We seem like we're in the minority though. I wish those same people had gotten this outraged when all the Wall Street bankers stole, swindled, and got off scot-free!

• Love 12

I know none of them were popular, but I knew I would miss Jacqueline, Caroline, Kathy and the gang and I already do. 

Regardless of what Bravo wants this season to be about, it will at the end be about Teresa and Joe and their crimes. It will be emotionally taxing even for those of us who cannot stand her (my hand is raised very high here) and want to see them rot in prison.  It is basically the end of a journey, and something that most of us suspected would be the result when we saw her wondering around her gaudy mansion with seemingly no idea how the money was made (a money tree in the backyard anyone?) in S1. 

All of this stuff was tied to the folks who are no longer on the show. Caroline saying in her TH in S3 that someday "someone would have to go away" and Teresa would write a best selling book, be brave for her kids, and divorce Juicy. Jacqueline confronting Teresa on the tabloids and the comments in some of them that Teresa was afraid of going to jail. Teresa then telling her she was nuts, because there was zero chance she would ever go to jail.  Kathy saying in her first season that one of the reasons she and Teresa no longer got along was because Rich hat tried to speak to them about their finances years earlier when it looked like they were out of control and Teresa resented his intrusion.

All of these people have been involved in the story from the beginning, and the story will never be as interesting without them being part of it's conclusion.  

• Love 5

I have to hand it to Melissa-asking for a copy of the Facebook post.  I don't believe Amber.  I thought the I went to school and Melissa married money line was out of bounds.  IIRC Melissa went to college and I believe she even graduated.  Amber is going to have do better than making Jan like accusations.  So far I feel like the producers have just brought a ringer to go after Melissa to take the heat off of Teresa.

• Love 1

This season is going to be interesting. I am not a heartless person but I have ZERO compassion for Theresa and Joe because they are criminals who broke not one or two laws without realizing it but MANY laws over many years for insane greed. In addition, my husband is a contractor and to think they stuck their fellow contractors (Joe pretends to be a contractor of some sort, right?) for huge bills makes my blood boil. What about THOSE people and their struggle when they did honest work for honest pay and their families are now without because these two blood suckers thought they were above the law?
Oh, your poor kid has no college fund? Neither does mine- I have spent all of my hard earned salary just keeping us fed and housed and all of that good stuff over the years so now I live with massive tuition payments and loans and everything else, just like most other parents of college kids. It's called "being a parent" so suck it up. 
I hope the judge checks out this show and listens to the delusion in their voices. You and Joe are criminals, Tre. The only victims in this story are your children because they cannot choose who their parents are and they will pay the price for being your kids. 
My heart broke with the scene with Joe's father. Criminal charges aside, it's horrible that he has lost his dad at such a young age and when he needs him most. I hope the thought that his legal mess stressed his dad and possibly contributed to his fatal heart attack doesn't eat away at him for the rest of his life. I don't think I would ever forgive myself in that situation. But knowing Joe and Theresa, they will deny that possibility too. They live in such denial. 
They both need to do some actual time IN JAIL, behind bars. Even the kid factor should not keep them out of jail. Having kids is not a get out of jail free card. I feel like both of them would continue fleecing people if they don't do some serious jail time to learn a lesson. We saw in that massive family picture that there are plenty of supporting family members to care for the girls in their absence. 
The new girls are ehhhh. Why is my state represented so  horribly on this show? For real, we are not all like this, please believe. 

• Love 8
(edited)

How old are those twins?

The one twin (the one currently divorced) one gave me a seriously strong "Jershey Shore Deena in 15 years" vibe. 

Dina, you didn't marry Tommy when you were 20.  I'm gonna guess he's seen you naked.

I had the same thought initially.  But she mentions in her blog that she's known Tommy since she was 9, so I guess it is *possible* that they had hooked up before she got together with Lexi's father?  But who the heck knows...

Edited by Duke2801
(edited)

Unbelievable! With all the money these two have made, and swindled, over the last five years, they have no money put away for college? What great parents. Sorry kids, no money for school, mom needs her tacky, glitzy dresses and shoes and that god awful gaudy house.

When Teresa said, "College fund" I turned off the TV.  That's such bullshit; they probably never even thought of college.  There is a line from "Black Sails" where Captain Flint explains why he wants to take most of the prize, something like, "no matter how much money they (the crew) get, they'll just piss, drink and whore it away."  That describes Joe and Tre to a tee, they're pirates.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 5
(edited)

I felt overall awful watching the show, like I shouldn't see people and kids in such a profoundly miserable situation - I'm not sure if I will watch.  I stopped watching Jersey around a season ago because it felt too heavy, but watched the whole thing yesterday.  There's no way to ignore the big issues with the Giudices, but part of me wishes I could because I would love to see:

- Amber "I went to Columbia!" inventing words beyond "etiquecy."

- Exactly how crazy Amber's husband is, especially if he's on-camera bragging about working with the DA prosecuting the Giudice's. 

- The bald bastard, evil eyebrows-having restaurateur married to the one dopey twin get drop-kicked in the crotch several times.

- The other dopey twin (I think?  Who TF knows?) expanding upon her list of 'women's needs.'  Yes, oral sex, coffee and donuts are great, but I'm sure she can add to that. 

- Some birth certificates or other documentation on how old NicoleTeresa are.  They look really rough.

- Milania sent home from school somewhat chastened for shrieking 'butthole' at other kids or, as likely, her teacher.

- Kathy 'Gonzo' Wakile bitching about Teresa entering the dessert business, and being told by someone (not likely Teresa) that in every single circumstance, Teresa moves products, and Kathy doesn't, so she should deal with that reality and dry her eyes on Richie's popped collar.

- A shopping excursion to Whores "R" Us or whereverthefuck all of the implant-flashing gowns and platform, sparkly pole-dancing hooves  come from - unless it's Posche, because no thanks.

Amber mentioned her cancer to try and make Melissa look bad.  Amber, Melissa doesn't need your help.   Please don't use having survived breast cancer in a scumbag way, okay?

I missed Caroline, Jacqueline and Kathy not at all.  I do wish and hope that Kathy is embarrassed in the upcoming scene by having Teresa outsell her in the desserts business.  I also hope that Caroline is too busy nursing her sons and Jacqueline's head is too big and heavy to permit either to darken a Housewives scene.  It's not that I think the new cast members are 'better,' but watching Jacqueline undermine her eldest and sob tears that were 99% Baileys, Caroline be a do-nothing grouchy idiot and Kathy act pathetic and put-upon, particularly in the face of her husband's gross sexism, gave me no misty, water-colored memories of those three. 

ETA:  Duke2801, 44!!!  Seriously?  (And thank you!)

Edited by Midnight Cheese
  • Love 9

I thought I read the delay was due to Joe's father passing away and they requested the delay to deal with all of that.

Hmmmm I must be stone cold because I don't feel sorry for them at all. Not even a tiny little bit. They took out loans and defrauded people for millions of dollars. Not because they had medical bills to pay. Not because they were desperate to survive or avoid being homeless. They just wanted to live lavishly with a tacky mansion, designer clothes and cars. Then had the nerve to flaunt that shit on TV always screaming FABULOUS. They still refuse to take any responsibility whatsoever for anything they've done. They can try to hide behind their crying kids all they want. Practically every criminal in prison has a family or kids.

I didn't know if I was going to watch this season because in the past it was too much about Theresa & Joe.

I'm willing to see if these new broads bring anything interesting to the table. Already the twins' voices annoy me to no end. I hope they dial it down a notch or 10.

Did I also hear someone say that Amber has 7 criminal charges against her??  I also demand that she produce her college degree. There's no way someone who went to college would think that whatever word she was trying to say was a real world. Lol.

This plus more this.

Bravo, please stop it.   There is no way, not any, that a woman with that jersey/staten island/big ang accent ever even drove by Columbia.  And this is way before the colorful "etique-see".    Amber is shady as fuck for that but also for: we chose different paths to success, I went to school and she married for the money. 

Why would someone you haven't spoken to in almost 10 years know that you had cancer 5 years ago? 

The twins make me never ever want to forget my sunscreen again.    Did one of them say that fucking little kid took my shawl? 

meh.  whatever I should start going to bed earlier anyway. 

I feel the same way. I got very emotional during those scenes. We seem like we're in the minority though. I wish those same people had gotten this outraged when all the Wall Street bankers stole, swindled, and got off scot-free!

Swindling, cheating and stealing is outrageous no matter the source but we're in a forum talking about Joe and Teresa not fraud in general.    What Wall Street did was immoral and unethical and, for its trickle down economic effect on those who couldn't afford to lose the money? downright shitty, but whether or not they went scot free was a matter of law.  Shitty, immoral and unethical isn't the same as illegal.

• Love 2

ETA:  Duke2801, 44!!!  Seriously?  (And thank you!)

I know right?  I think these 2 could greatly benefit from consulting Luanne from RHoNY on  the subject aging gracefully. Cuz these 2? Are not. 

On 2nd thought, I think just about every single one of the New Jersey Ho-wives could benefit from that... 

• Love 1
(edited)

Love me some Dina, so I am glad that she is back.

My heart breaks for Gia. And I liked the scenes with Gia and Joe at the end, and the scene with Frank. RIP.

Melissa was sort of meh last night.

New girls- instinctively I don't like them. Don't know why. And the husbands can just go anytime. The bald one seems as bad as Rich (who I do not miss at all).

Don't miss the old cast members.

ETA: WHAT was that one twin (I think) wearing in her THs? That purple number? OMG.

Edited by tvfanatic13

I feel for Tre's kids, that's all. Their own parents didn't put them 1st. Tre saying they don't have money for college is insane. We saw her season after season spending like there was not tomorrow but she didn't put away for their college? It came off as her using the kids for sympathy last night. It was like she was saying without saying "the kids need their mother, don't lock me up". I feel bad for Gia, she's at a tough age & now she will be seen at a very touching moment over & over on tv for the world to see. I know I would not allow my kids to be filmed that way at such a sad moment, when she clearly understands what's going on. Tre will stoop to the lowest levels for sympathy & to be in the spotlight.

Tre made a comment about a lot of people did what they are accused of but they only look to her because she's on tv. So, because a lot of people do it, that makes it better. Joe & Tre are criminals who went on tv & flashed their cash. Did they think no one would notice? They were not the brightest of criminals. As much as I secretly enjoy watching them fall, it is sad & Bravo should stop supporting them. Most people in their shoes would not be able to continue to earn a sizable paycheck & keep their mansion. Bravo is supporting criminals. 

• Love 6
Joe Gorga is bald?

One of the funniest moments in RHONJ moments was last year when Juicy and JoGo got into a fight.  Melissa kept running around after JoGo trying to get his hat back on his head (after she blamed Teresa for the whole thing, of course) and after everybody got them off of each other, they were covered with all of this black stuff.  You had clips of Kathy and Richie saying "what is all this black shit everywhere?  It's like tar" and then you heard Juicy and Tre talking about what had just happened and Tre saying "what is all this black shit?  You're covered in it" and then even JoGo and Melissa talking about "what is all of this tar?"

It turns out that yes, JoGo's hair is thinning and he was using a colored hair spray to make it look thicker, and basically cover up any of the bald spots coming through.  After that, he shaved his head.  AT the very least, in the clip, Joe owned it and said "yeah, it was me."  It was actually quite funny. 

Amber being the control freak annoyed me at first, until I realized that given what she went through wtih breast cancer at a young age, her controlling tendancies probably took off after that.  A psychological after effect of feeling like you have no control over your health and body.  So I can forgive that. 

So did Dina really introduce herself as "The Bitch Is Back" and then follow it up with "I'm Zen now!"  And then follow it up with criticism of a front walkway and what a bad host Amber was as a result?  I've never liked Dina, I've always found her to be insincere and, well, bitchy.  To be fair to Amber, this winter was beyond brutal for the northeast, and quite frankly I don't know a single person who had a fully clear front walkway, despite best efforts to clear it off.  Although I think the timing of the event was off.  It was called a Harvest party?  The first snowstorm hit in December, then it just sort of kept snowing after that.  Wouldn't a harvest party be in November?  Where was the harvest part?   Anyway - should she have had a better place for people to wipe their feet?  Yes?  Could she have done better with the sidewalk?  Under most circumstances I would say yes, but this winter?  What we saw wasn't too shabby. 

The twins...l just can't.  For 1, I can't tell them apart.  2, their voices grate.  3, they are trying too hard.  4, how old are they? 

Did not miss Caro or Jacq or Kathy. 

• Love 1
(edited)

As much as I hate Melissa, I don;t think that calling her out because she didn't know that someone she lost touch with years ago had cancer is horrible or displays a lack of character. For whatever reason, people move in and out of friendships. Especially when your lives move in different directions. Most of the people I hung with in my 20s are only memories decades later. Does that make me a bad person if one of them got cancer and I didn't rush to their bedside?My guess is that Amber, Melissa's former bff, saw Melissa on the show and wanted to get some of that Bravolebrity, so she marketed herself to the producers as the one who could stir Melissa's shit. That being said, I give a shout out to Bravo and Amber if they can knock Ms Sexy Life off her damn pedestal. I did miss the first few minutes of  the show and noticed that Melissa and Joe were in a different house. It looked much smaller than the McMansion they were in. Did they finally sell that monstrosity? I also saw that they are in the garbage business. What happened to Joe's empire of flipping apartment buildings?

Edited by poeticlicensed

When Teresa said, "College fund" I turned off the TV.  That's such bullshit; they probably never even thought of college.  There is a line from "Black Sails" where Captain Flint explains why he wants to take most of the prize, something like, "no matter how much money they get, they'll just piss, drink and whore it away."  That describes Joe and Tre to a tee, they're pirates.

I agree. We've seen scenes of Tre taking Gia on thousand dollar shopping sprees & buying only the best for her house. Let's not forget the makeup artists, hair people etc that all come to her home when she could put that money in a college fund. She lives in a mansion but didn't put away for her girls. Shows where her priorities are. It's all about appearances. She didn't put her kids 1st & now we are supposed to feel sympathy for them because they have kids. 

• Love 5

ugh T. I don;t feel a bit sorry for her or her hubby and all her whining about how she does not understand why this is happening to her just makes my heart harder. They brought it on themselves and I hate that they are using their kids to get sympathy points.

• Love 4

The show isn't about Wall St bankers. You sound just like Tre when she basically said other people do the same thing but she's looked at because she's on tv. So because other people do it, it's ok? She should get a free pass because others got off free? 

• Love 7
(edited)

I had to watch just to see how they would try to sell it, but i know I just cannot with this group. Can someone please explain to me how if Joe and Teresa are so broke, and have such excessive legal bills and can't send their kids to college (cuz, yeah we all know that higher education is a priority in the Guduice gang......uh I mean home),  yet bitch has a make up artist come to her house to prepare for a party? Seriously?

Maybe it's just me, but on my list of priority expenses, a make up artist must fall pretty damn low because I have never, ever hired one. But then, if I did I would have to pay for it with money earned, not stolen.

I quit watching last year mid season because I was so sick of watching both the trashy Gorga's and Guduices argue constanty, but I think this season would be even harder to take watching them all pretend to be one big, "together" family facing tragedy.

Except, here's the thing. Cancer is a tragedy. Losing a child is a  tragedy. Lesser, but still major tragedies are losing your long term job and not finding another, or invesing your life savings with a crook and losing it all. Having to answer for lying, cheating and stealing? NOT a tragedy. It is what is supposed to happen when you lie, cheat and steal. 

The ONLY people I felt sympathy for last night were the kids. They are the only innocents in this. However, with all due respect, I may be BRAVOS bitch but the appeal is certainly not watching innocent, bewildered children crying because their lowlife parents have messed up all their lives with their greed. THAT is not entertaining. THAT is not what we watch the HoWives for.

Sure, flipping tables, Shannon or Aviva freaking out over nothing, HoWives fighting, bitching and yes, even crying endlessly (I am looking at you Kristen) I can tolerate. But innocent kids in tears? Not so much.

There was, IMO, zero entertainment last night. BRAVO is on the wrong path with this. I had far more sympathy for Martha Stewart, even though I have never liked her, than I do for these two. An insider stock tip is not nearly as  bad and she did time. 

Teresa is either dumber than dirt, or crazy. Neither is appealing.

Edited by chlban
  • Love 16

So as the pieces of shit otherwise known as Theresa and Joe Gristle try to revise and rewrite the whole matter of them being victims...of being caught committing crime, Gia is yanked out once again to the forefront of Theresa's battle strategy.  I'm guessing there is a whole season planned of scenes of how incredibly fucking wonderful the Giudice extended family is interspersed with Gia putting out the tears.  For a few seconds I thought she wouldn't pull it off.  Especially considering the history of Gia's incredibly bad acting.

I wonder, since it was such a huge freaking success in delivering the coup de grace in her feud with her brother, will Gia pull out a song she just happened to write and want to perform?  Maybe she can croak and warble some plaintive tune about the cruel unfair federal prosecutors and judge who simply won't see reason and let the shallow brain pan duo get away with whatever they want.  Between Teresa's tweaked face, Joe Gristle's steroid bloated face and Gia looking like she is taking her first shit in weeks as she struggles to put out the tears, it is like a version of the three monkeys "see no evil, hear no evil and speak no evil".

I saw maybe three minutes of Amber's  "party".  And i'm guessing the producers hate her already.  Note that she was summoning outrage at her tacky guests as the cameras lingered on her pathetically tacky party throwing efforts.  Huge uncut "finger food" little to no plates and no wonder her floors were making the rounds as "seconds anyone?".

• Love 3

I have to hand it to Melissa-asking for a copy of the Facebook post.  I don't believe Amber.  I thought the I went to school and Melissa married money line was out of bounds.  IIRC Melissa went to college and I believe she even graduated.  Amber is going to have do better than making Jan like accusations.  So far I feel like the producers have just brought a ringer to go after Melissa to take the heat off of Teresa.

To go after Melissa seems a good bet and at least Amber has a seemingly real connection to her but the more interesting spouse may be the husband and his connection to the Giudice's case. I'm a bit confused though on how he could mention the case or even be on a reality show with those same connections. I would think that would be a pretty good reason for job termination.

How can these idiots afford those large homes? Aren't taxes in New Jersey extremely high too? In my area, very few people in construction have done well in the last 10 years. Now Joe Gorga is going into the garbage business? Seems like there would be lots of competition in that area too.

Melissa is boring and I really liked her better with very dark hair.

Teresa will never admit to making any mistakes and that's what she is teaching her children. She is looking much older to me this year. And no Teresa, I don't know anyone who is going through the same thing that you are right now.

I miss Rosie and Juicy Joe's time together. They were funny together without trying. Morons but funny.

Teresa is still trying to sell her bs.  I have no sympathy for either one and I hope both of them get the max.

Seeing Dina again just reminds me of how much I couldn't stand her the first time she was on.  People who are three hours late are in no position to give ediquette advice to a hostess.  BTW Dina, it snowed.  You were either going to get your shoes wet and/or rocksalt or sand on them.  Hint:  If you don't want your shoes to get damaged in bad weather, you wear boots and carry your 'good' shoes and change when you get there.

Note to Sirens Media:  Can you expand your requirements for NJ housewives to more than a stereotypical Italian with a north Jersey/NY accent.

I miss Jac and Kathy, and Caroline even though I didn't like her.  At least I could tell them apart.

• Love 4
(edited)

How ridiculous for Joe and Teresa to drag Gia into their "poor, poor me" business. Every time Teresa started in on it, I kept thinking, "SHOULDA FILED YOUR TAXES!  SHOULDA PAID YOUR TAXES!  CAN'T FOOL WITH UNCLE SAM!"  Just go away already.  And by that,I mean prison.  No sympathy here. Sorry.

Edited by goofygirl
  • Love 4
(edited)

I  must be a bitch because I felt no pity for anyone named Gudice.  Meeting that family made me dislike all of them.    Gia works my last nerve and I think Milania is hideous.  I guess I got up on the wrong side of life today.

Edited by onemoretime
  • Love 5
(edited)

Midnight Cheese, LMAO at your entire post.

I feel no pity whatsoever for Tre and Joe.  They lied, cheated, stole and got caught.  Enjoy prison, assholes.  I had hoped Tre's tagline this season would be something like, "Don't *beep* with Uncle Sam."  This family shouldn't even be on this show, especially when they're obviously trying to get sympathy by trotting out their crying daughters.  It's absolutely disgusting that they are in the midst of this and still allowing the girls to be filmed.  They are truly awful people and despicable parents.  Also?  Still laughing at the poster on this board who said that Milania looks like Big Pussy Bonpensiero.  That kid is not cute and is totally obnoxious.  I never thought she was charming.  They are all brats. 

The twins are just wastes of time and space.  Amber trying to guilt trip Melissa about her cancer was pretty low but unfortunately, I don't care enough about Melissa to take her side either.

Dina is still sleeping with her husband even though he cheated on her with multiple younger girls?  Oh okay.  We have another winner.

Edited by candy moocher
  • Love 5

Just when you think that Bravo could not possibly have found a more repulsive husband than Rich Wakile, enter Tur-ESSA's husband. It took me a little while but I finally figured who he reminds me : GRU from Despicable Me! LOL and YIKES!!!!

http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/characters/Despicable-Me/Gru/

OMG YES!!! The entire time he was on my screen I was racking my brain trying to figure out who he reminded me of! You nailed it!

Regarding the Guidices, I don't care who it is, I don't get off on others' misery. Should they be in trouble for their deeds, of course. But that sure doesn't stop me from feeling empathy for another human being who is feeling bad.

• Love 4