Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E01: What A Difference A Plea Makes

• Start Topic

Season 6 opens with Teresa and husband Joe in the midst of a legal battle and trying to keep their family together. Also: Tension mounts at a harvest party. Dina Manzo returns to the show; Amber Marchese, Nicole Napolitano and Teresa Aprea join the cast.

I swore I wasn't going to watch this, but I watched some of the First Look.  This is tough stuff.  Theresa, what a sad, delusional person.  In one of her TH's she says "I had this normal life, and now . . . I just want to go back to the way things were . . . (tears)."  Sorry, Theresa, but you never had a normal life.  You were living on the edge and finally got caught, so there . . .

The scenes of her talking with Gia were painful.  Those kids should not be shown on TV now. 

• Love 14

I love how trying to beat a criminal charge is the equivalent of "fighting to keep our family together". 

I am tired of seeing Teresa on a perpetual vacation while awaiting sentencing and calling it "family time".  At least show a little humility.  The trips aren't free and you owe people millions of dollars.  I don't care what has been bargained on against the debt-it is just offensive to see and her kids, always in a different outfit, prancing around in the Hamptons, visiting their beach house, skiing attending charity benefits in designer duds.  These are just the pictures outside of filming. 

One thing about Teresa is she just has no soul.  http://nypost.com/2014/07/12/teresa-giudice-may-be-off-to-prison-but-is-she-free-of-shame/  Could she be anymore shallow in this interview?

I find it hard to believe Gia doesn't know what is going on.  If that is the case please keep the kid off the show.

• Love 9

Interesting article @zoeysmom .  A couple of points:

In the premiere, Teresa bemoans the mounting legal bills, and how she doesn’t have any money put away for the eldest of her four daughters, 13-year-old Gia, to attend college. Reports estimate Teresa’s salary for the show at $650,000 a season, so could it be that she’s putting up with the cameras because she needs the paycheck?

Unbelievable! With all the money these two have made, and swindled, over the last five years, they have no money put away for college? What great parents. Sorry kids, no money for school, mom needs her tacky, glitzy dresses and shoes and that god awful gaudy house.

As for the new season, complete with three new ladies, Teresa says you’ll see her living it up. Think Nero fiddling as Rome burns.

“I was like, ‘Yay, this is going to be fun!’ I was really into it and so happy. And I think you’re going to see the Teresa you saw first season,” she says. “If you really know me, I’m all about having a good time.

“I’m not going to sit in bed all day,” she says. “I’m going to keep going.

“Nothing’s going to stop me.”’

Um, you delusional, selfish, entitled bitch, if there is any justice in this world something called federal prison will stop you.

• Love 11

I doubt the Guidice's ever really had a college fund for the girls or even a savings account. But even if they did, they may have had to liquidate and fork over pretty much everything they had in the bankruptcy/legal fees/restitution/plea bargain-paloza their lawyer has been working on.

• Love 3

My daughter recently bought her first house. She had a pretty good down payment and excellent credit. Still, the bank wanted a paper trail to show exactly where the money she had came from. Someone somewhere must have done the same with Joe and Teresa but in reverse by now, wouldn't you think? Where DID all the money go? With the children appearing on camera I would think something would be put in trust for them, even if legally they didn't have to. (legally, now there's a word!!!) Perhaps states will take a look at the reality show crap as it relates to children, at the very least, the money.

• Love 3

Good point, @FozzyBear . Who knows if these two losers set up proper college funds for their kids, or if they thought their own lavish lifestyle was more important. If they set up 529 plans, there is some protection in bankruptcy, but it depends on the timing of it. You can't stick your money in college funds to save it from your bankruptcy estate. But, I think if the contributions were made two years before the filing of the bankruptcy, there is an exemption and you can keep the college funds out of the estate:

http://people.opposingviews.com/college-529-plan-bankruptcy-7390.html

http://www.bankruptcylawnetwork.com/section-529-plans-in-bankruptcy/

http://www.thebankruptcysite.org/resources/bankruptcy/filing-bankruptcy/how-does-filing-personal-bankruptcy-affect-my-children

They all have good information, but from that last link, this summary:

529 Educational Funds
Educational savings accounts under section 529 of the Internal Revenue Code offer significant tax advantages and protection from creditors. The federal bankruptcy code excludes 529 plan funds from property of the bankruptcy estate. That means that the bankruptcy trustee and creditors cannot collect from this fund. However, there are limits to this protection, as follows:

The beneficiary must be your child, stepchild, grandchild, or step-grandchild. You cannot set up a 529 fund for yourself, then file bankruptcy and protect the money.

Timing of the deposits. When you make the deposits is critical to whether the money is protected. Under federal laws, deposits made within 365 prior to your bankruptcy filing are not protected at all. Deposits made between 365 days and 720 days prior to your bankruptcy filing are exempt up to $6,225 per beneficiary. Any deposit made over 720 days before filing bankruptcy is entirely exempt. Some states alter this protection, so consult your local laws.

• Love 2

I doubt the Guidice's ever really had a college fund for the girls or even a savings account. But even if they did, they may have had to liquidate and fork over pretty much everything they had in the bankruptcy/legal fees/restitution/plea bargain-paloza their lawyer has been working on.

I know! When she was yapping about college funds for the kids I was rolling my eyes. Like they have EVER even thought about saving a penny. Should have been saving instead of buying all that cheesy furniture for that gaudy house with the wad of cash she was flaunting. 

I really hope justice prevails and these two crooks get jail time. It's hard being a law abiding citizen watching Tre and Joe complain how hard it is to go through this...blah blah blah. Their poor kids. 

• Love 8
(edited)

Teresa and Joe never saved for anything -anytime they wanted money they bought a piece of property under false pretenses then borrowed more money on the property under false pretenses and added the gaudy additions to their homes. 

The kids don't have college funds because the kids have I-phones and every luxury that is know to man.  I can remember when Teresa was in BK and had an appearance before the judge and was asked where $60,000.00 went and her answer was draperies for the house.  At that time she thought her past debts would be flushed.  Would it not have been nice to hear-we put that money in a college fund for our children? 

I get the impression that Teresa's sorry excuse for promoting the show is probably an indication that she is on her last season with Bravo.  I assume that is why she is talking about doing another show.

It is like Dina saying everything in the world to her is family  and then giving this interview.  Dina doesn't even live in New Jersey.

Dina who is divorcing-so obviously her husband isn't a priority and the women who refuses to speak to four of her siblings.

http://www.allabouttrh.com/dina-manzo-reveals-expect-season-wont-discuss-sister/

I love the way Dina and Teresa just won't answer the important questions.  I for one do not give a crap about Dina's cats.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 4

I know Milania has been the break out star of this franchise but I really, really hate how they're emphasizing her terrible behavior in the First Look.  Shut your Butthole?   Trust me when I say that she's going to have a hard time in school.  Her mouth is going to make it very difficult for her peers and teachers to like her.  Sad thing is, it's not her fault.  But not every adult and child in her life is going to care about that.

• Love 12

My DVR picked up a very short new first look last night. Tre and Joe are the scummiest that ever scummed but damn if Gia doesn't make me cry. That poor kid has been screaming for seasons now for all this to stop. The one thing Caroline was spot on. 

• Love 5

The nerve of Teresa to talk about college tuition. She didn't give a rat's ass about their tuition when she spent millions on herself. Only now that money has to go the lawyers - not the car dealer for a fancy new car, not a decorator for their house, not a store for tons of designer clothes, but a lawyer to deal with the crimes they committed. IT'S NOT FAIR! whines Teresa. She only brings the kids into it for PR reasons or sympathy. It's pathetic. And Dina and probably others just lap it up.

• Love 13

I know Milania has been the break out star of this franchise but I really, really hate how they're emphasizing her terrible behavior in the First Look.  Shut your Butthole?   Trust me when I say that she's going to have a hard time in school.  Her mouth is going to make it very difficult for her peers and teachers to like her.  Sad thing is, it's not her fault.  But not every adult and child in her life is going to care about that.

Milania had  about half a dozen "cute" moments on the show.  Otherwise she is a misbehaved child.  It almost seems once Gia didn't make it in the model/acting world all hopeful eyes fell to Milania to be the talent in the family.  On "Married To Medicine" there is an 8 year old that makes the Giudice kids look like dullards and she does it all without bad words.  In Milania's defense is the "gimme pizza you old troll" line that will live in infamy.

I can't imagine what the children's teachers must go through with Teresa clinging to the idea her children no nothing because they have not discussed it with them.  Certainly there has been a trickle down effect at the school.

• Love 4

I didn't watch last year but kept up by reading at TWOP. I hope I'm not sucked back in. I feel guilty for wishing jail time on Tre and Joe, but dammit! I want justice done. And these parents still having their children filmed during this time is unimaginable to me. I know Bravo wants a moment when a tragedy is caught on camera and am afraid for the kids when the court ruling comes down. Does anyone in the family consider the repercussions?

• Love 4

The nerve of Teresa to talk about college tuition. She didn't give a rat's ass about their tuition when she spent millions on herself. Only now that money has to go the lawyers - not the car dealer for a fancy new car, not a decorator for their house, not a store for tons of designer clothes, but a lawyer to deal with the crimes they committed. IT'S NOT FAIR! whines Teresa. She only brings the kids into it for PR reasons or sympathy. It's

pathetic. And Dina and probably others just lap it up.

@LotusFlower, you are SO right! 

• Love 3

I didn't watch last year but kept up by reading at TWOP. I hope I'm not sucked back in. I feel guilty for wishing jail time on Tre and Joe, but dammit! I want justice done. And these parents still having their children filmed during this time is unimaginable to me. I know Bravo wants a moment when a tragedy is caught on camera and am afraid for the kids when the court ruling comes down. Does anyone in the family consider the repercussions?

Why start now?

don't feel guilty....people who do the crime need to do the time.  I do think other family members are considering what will happen, and I think arrangements have been made for the kids.  I really think Joe and Melissa will come through for them.

(edited)

I do think other family members are considering what will happen, and I think arrangements have been made for the kids. I really think Joe and Melissa will come through for them.

Teresa lives her life in denial. Same with Joe, for that matter. So it would be completely out of character for either of them to make a contingency plan for the kids in case both of them are sent to prison. And if they do have to live with relatives, it sure as hell won't be Melissa and Joe. I think Teresa would rather have extra years added to her sentence than have that happen!

Edited by LotusFlower
  • Love 2

Based on the Theresa and Dina interviews linked above I guess the spin for this season is "it's not dark anymore, it's just like the first season!!" . Watching Gia cry over her parents going to jail is about as dark as it can get for me. It's ridiculous that they are living in a granite mansion, driving high end cars, wearing designer clothes and yet they have no money set aside for college. Gia is very bright and according to a poster back at twop she is an excellent student and is very well liked by her teachers. She will find a way to go to college, I'm sure ,but what a failure on her parents end. My parents didn't have a college fund either but that's because my parents where struggling to put a roof over our heads. It was a struggle but my sister and I both made it through college and graduate school. 25 years later and my sister is still paying off her student loans. Gia's parents just pissed it all away trying to look fabulous. To add insult to injury Theresa acts like her money problem stem from her legal problems. Her legal problems stem from your money problems and by money problems I mean fraud.

• Love 8
(edited)
Teresa - you know who else probably doesn't have college tuition for their kids?  The creditors you fleeced.  Shut the fuck up.

Exactly. and some of the creditors weren't big anonymous banks, they were local business men and women trying to support their families. A couple of seasons ago, an  HVAC contractor confronted Joe Gui at an event that was filmed. THe guy asked when Joe Gui was going to pay the money he owed for installing AC in his house. Joe Gui called him an asshole and walked away. He kept saying he didn't owe the guy anything. My guess is that he was just one of many contractors who built that monstrosity they live in and never got paid. 

Edited by poeticlicensed
  • Love 9

Question first:  Watched Teresa's segment on the View last week.  Jenny McCarthy said (reading from a piece of paper) that Joe could face "up to 5 years in prison".  Is that true?  I thought nothing had been decided in terms of a sentence.  Anyone?

The first look scenes with Gia were hard to watch and I put that entirely on the Guidices for allowing those scenes to be filmed.  I don't know if the kids are contractually obligated to appear from time to time, but no way should Bravo be filming and airing scenes like that.  But Bravo will film and air whatever they think will bring ratings gold, so it's up to the Guidices to stop it, even if you have to take the kid by the hand and walk her out of the room.  No way should children that young have to go through this with cameras rolling.

What's Bravo going to do, sue them?  That line is pretty long by now.

Clearly most of the season is going to focus on the Guidices  - it's what Bravo is advertising, it's the focus of the first show, and since their original sentencing date was last week, Bravo was premiering RHONJ a few days later.  Andy probably livid the sentencing was moved.

The ratings, for tonight especially, will be interesting, considering how many new viewers may tune in because they've heard about the Guidice case.

I stopped watching midway through last season because I couldn't take Richie's mouth, drunk Rosie (fine when she is sober) and Joe Gorga.  I will probably watch tonight, but I don't know if I will continue.  The new girls don't impress me (based on first look), and I don[t want to see a crying Gia Giudice in my family room every Sunday.

Remember when these shows used to be fun to watch?

• Love 3

mwell345 - There are sentencing guidelines for the charges they pled guilty for - I think Joe pled guilty to five charges, four for Teresa - and the Judge uses those guidelines but has discretion in determining the sentence for each. So no, they won't be sentenced until September, but people have been speculating on what they'll get based on the maximum sentence for each charge. Hope that makes sense.

Teresa lives her life in denial. Same with Joe, for that matter. So it would be completely out of character for either of them to make a contingency plan for the kids in case both of them are sent to prison. And if they do have to live with relatives, it sure as hell won't be Melissa and Joe. I think Teresa would rather have extra years added to her sentence than have that happen!

Yeah, you're probably right

Question first:  Watched Teresa's segment on the View last week.  Jenny McCarthy said (reading from a piece of paper) that Joe could face "up to 5 years in prison".  Is that true?  I thought nothing had been decided in terms of a sentence.  Anyone?

The first look scenes with Gia were hard to watch and I put that entirely on the Guidices for allowing those scenes to be filmed.  I don't know if the kids are contractually obligated to appear from time to time, but no way should Bravo be filming and airing scenes like that.  But Bravo will film and air whatever they think will bring ratings gold, so it's up to the Guidices to stop it, even if you have to take the kid by the hand and walk her out of the room.  No way should children that young have to go through this with cameras rolling.

What's Bravo going to do, sue them?  That line is pretty long by now.

Clearly most of the season is going to focus on the Guidices  - it's what Bravo is advertising, it's the focus of the first show, and since their original sentencing date was last week, Bravo was premiering RHONJ a few days later.  Andy probably livid the sentencing was moved.

The ratings, for tonight especially, will be interesting, considering how many new viewers may tune in because they've heard about the Guidice case.

I stopped watching midway through last season because I couldn't take Richie's mouth, drunk Rosie (fine when she is sober) and Joe Gorga.  I will probably watch tonight, but I don't know if I will continue.  The new girls don't impress me (based on first look), and I don[t want to see a crying Gia Giudice in my family room every Sunday.

Remember when these shows used to be fun to watch?

I think this year will be a lot of faked force fun of RHONJ with Teresa and Dina.  There will be a couple of moments of heart wrenching crying children of please don't take my mommy and daddy away scenes.  For me a 20 week run of a PR campaign to keep the Giudices out of jail is not what I plan on watching.  Nor do I care any longer if Joey and Melissa and Teresa and Joe are friendly to one another.  It is all beyond fake.  Once the camera stops rolling these two couples have nothing to do with each other.  As a long time viewer all I can hope for is the new women will make a transition into a new phase of RHONJ more interesting. 

Something about -"the bitch is back and you can kiss my ass", makes me want to see Dina less than ever before.  Another very uninteresting person that never addresses the elephant in the room.

• Love 8

Theresa acts like her money problem stem from her legal problems. Her legal problems stem from your money problems and by money problems I mean fraud.

Teresa's denial I believe, is now a mental health issue. She needs help.

• Love 3

I'm sorry but Melissa was not sincere. Someone who is sincere will call and ask, "hey, I just saw such and such on TV. Are you okay?" rather than "... well, is it true?" Such coldness in her voice. She's on display, on display for sure.

I felt awful for Gia too. And I think at this point Teresa's denial is bordering on a mental illness.

• Love 2

Haven't watch in over a year so some musings and questions: 

Did Teresa really say in regard to her charges, "Everyone's doing it, but people know me." ????

The originals look so old now! 

I like Melissa's hair that color. 

Joe Gorga is bald? 

Sweet photo, sad to see Joe's dad.

We'll see about the new ones. 

Emily Post's book on Eticacy? 

Better than Teresa's malapropisms: 

'A Norwegian's coming." 

"Ingredientces"

"The spice, Comin" ...

• Love 3

Milania was on fire tonight. I don't think it is so much bratty misbehaving but that she is bored and under challenged. Someone needs to check her IQ level to see where she is at. The fact that she wanted to read instead of doing regular homework really struck home with me. When I was in the second grade my teachers started sending me to 5th grade reading, I loved it and was more than able to keep up. I also was able to keep up with adults in conversations at an early age (no bad language used). This is not a bragging post but just based on what I experienced as a child.

• Love 7
(edited)

The twins are so rough looking and their fake boobs were huge. And the one who is  divorced looks like she has 15 years on her boyfriend. Who talks about when they were circumcised when they first meet someone? Looks like Joe Go has found a kindred spirit .

Ugh, the bling and makeup were blinding.

Poor Gia, she seems like such a good kid. I feel so bad that she has to go through all this publically. 

So refreshing with no Manzos and Kathy and disgusting Rich

Edited by poeticlicensed
  • Love 5

Poor Gia, she seems like such a good kid. I feel so bad that she has to go through all this publically.

My heart breaks watching Gia. I hope the family helps the kids cope.

Milania is the Godmother in training. Lol

• Love 5
(edited)

It seems they have found another group of people who are just as annoying and poorly educated as the old group. Well done Bravo, well done.

Edited by Chicklet
  • Love 4

The editors definitely spliced in a comment by Amber about the "Facebook Message" that Melissa made.  Oy, another manufactured slight.  

Sad at the end about Frank Giudice telling Gia and Joe that he will always be there for them.

And how funny at the Giudice family photo that the guy behind the couch on the right hand side has his face blurred.  Witness protection or sheer embarrassment?

• Love 8

Each new person is grosser than the next and

the makeup is over the top. Amber looks completely different without it.

The regulars are looking rough. Even you Mrs. Gorga.

I know Milania has been the break out star of this franchise but I really, really hate how they're emphasizing her terrible behavior in the First Look.  Shut your Butthole?   Trust me when I say that she's going to have a hard time in school.  Her mouth is going to make it very difficult for her peers and teachers to like her.  Sad thing is, it's not her fault.  But not every adult and child in her life is going to care about that.

I never found Milania's antics to be cute.  Then again, I don't like mouthy kids. How old is she now, 7? There still might be some time to get her attitude under control, but since everyone around her finds her brattiness to be endearing, I doubt anything'll happen.

• Love 7
(edited)

To my surprise, I found the editing of this episode to be memorizing … it almost felt like a MOVIE.  

I did feel very sorry for Gia … but some of the tears could be hormonal … 

When did Amber have cancer?  If she had it years ago, I call her out on the Facebook claim … 

A lot of Milania's behavior is coached for the show … I think she loves being on TV.

Teresa's denial is not that unusual … everyone from Elizabeth Edwards to Hillary Clinton to Bernie Madoff's wife were in denial … 

When Amber was planning her party and was wearing her pink top with her hair pulled back, she looked exactly like Maya Rudolph.  

Edited by AuntieDiane6
  • Love 1

I'm sorry but Melissa was not sincere. Someone who is sincere will call and ask, "hey, I just saw such and such on TV. Are you okay?" rather than "... well, is it true?" Such coldness in her voice. She's on display, on display for sure.

I felt awful for Gia too. And I think at this point Teresa's denial is bordering on a mental illness.

I don't fault Melissa on this.  If she called and acknowledged it, we have seen Theresa, in the past, fly off the handle because they automatically assumed what the tabloid's were saying was true. It is what really damaged the relationship with Jacqueline. 

Further, she's always saying "it's all lies,lies, lies".... except when she sells stories.  You never know what to do with her.  She truly is delusional.

• Love 2