Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E01: What A Difference A Plea Makes

• Start Topic

Hmmmm I must be stone cold because I don't feel sorry for them at all. Not even a tiny little bit. They took out loans and defrauded people for millions of dollars. Not because they had medical bills to pay. Not because they were desperate to survive or avoid being homeless. They just wanted to live lavishly with a tacky mansion, designer clothes and cars. Then had the nerve to flaunt that shit on TV always screaming FABULOUS. They still refuse to take any responsibility whatsoever for anything they've done. They can try to hide behind their crying kids all they want. Practically every criminal in prison has a family or kids.

I didn't know if I was going to watch this season because in the past it was too much about Theresa & Joe.

I'm willing to see if these new broads bring anything interesting to the table. Already the twins' voices annoy me to no end. I hope they dial it down a notch or 10.

Did I also hear someone say that Amber has 7 criminal charges against her??  I also demand that she produce her college degree. There's no way someone who went to college would think that whatever word she was trying to say was a real world. Lol.

I have no sympathy either....they did the crime, they do the time, IMO.

I know none of them were popular, but I knew I would miss Jacqueline, Caroline, Kathy and the gang and I already do. 

Regardless of what Bravo wants this season to be about, it will at the end be about Teresa and Joe and their crimes. It will be emotionally taxing even for those of us who cannot stand her (my hand is raised very high here) and want to see them rot in prison.  It is basically the end of a journey, and something that most of us suspected would be the result when we saw her wondering around her gaudy mansion with seemingly no idea how the money was made (a money tree in the backyard anyone?) in S1. 

All of this stuff was tied to the folks who are no longer on the show. Caroline saying in her TH in S3 that someday "someone would have to go away" and Teresa would write a best selling book, be brave for her kids, and divorce Juicy. Jacqueline confronting Teresa on the tabloids and the comments in some of them that Teresa was afraid of going to jail. Teresa then telling her she was nuts, because there was zero chance she would ever go to jail.  Kathy saying in her first season that one of the reasons she and Teresa no longer got along was because Rich hat tried to speak to them about their finances years earlier when it looked like they were out of control and Teresa resented his intrusion.

All of these people have been involved in the story from the beginning, and the story will never be as interesting without them being part of it's conclusion.  

Absolutely agree

This season is going to be interesting. I am not a heartless person but I have ZERO compassion for Theresa and Joe because they are criminals who broke not one or two laws without realizing it but MANY laws over many years for insane greed. In addition, my husband is a contractor and to think they stuck their fellow contractors (Joe pretends to be a contractor of some sort, right?) for huge bills makes my blood boil. What about THOSE people and their struggle when they did honest work for honest pay and their families are now without because these two blood suckers thought they were above the law?

Oh, your poor kid has no college fund? Neither does mine- I have spent all of my hard earned salary just keeping us fed and housed and all of that good stuff over the years so now I live with massive tuition payments and loans and everything else, just like most other parents of college kids. It's called "being a parent" so suck it up. 

I hope the judge checks out this show and listens to the delusion in their voices. You and Joe are criminals, Tre. The only victims in this story are your children because they cannot choose who their parents are and they will pay the price for being your kids. 

My heart broke with the scene with Joe's father. Criminal charges aside, it's horrible that he has lost his dad at such a young age and when he needs him most. I hope the thought that his legal mess stressed his dad and possibly contributed to his fatal heart attack doesn't eat away at him for the rest of his life. I don't think I would ever forgive myself in that situation. But knowing Joe and Theresa, they will deny that possibility too. They live in such denial. 

They both need to do some actual time IN JAIL, behind bars. Even the kid factor should not keep them out of jail. Having kids is not a get out of jail free card. I feel like both of them would continue fleecing people if they don't do some serious jail time to learn a lesson. We saw in that massive family picture that there are plenty of supporting family members to care for the girls in their absence. 

The new girls are ehhhh. Why is my state represented so  horribly on this show? For real, we are not all like this, please believe. 

Wonderful post, and I certainly do NOT believe you are all like this!

• Love 1

I know none of them were popular, but I knew I would miss Jacqueline, Caroline, Kathy and the gang and I already do. 

Regardless of what Bravo wants this season to be about, it will at the end be about Teresa and Joe and their crimes. It will be emotionally taxing even for those of us who cannot stand her (my hand is raised very high here) and want to see them rot in prison.  It is basically the end of a journey, and something that most of us suspected would be the result when we saw her wondering around her gaudy mansion with seemingly no idea how the money was made (a money tree in the backyard anyone?) in S1. 

All of this stuff was tied to the folks who are no longer on the show. Caroline saying in her TH in S3 that someday "someone would have to go away" and Teresa would write a best selling book, be brave for her kids, and divorce Juicy. Jacqueline confronting Teresa on the tabloids and the comments in some of them that Teresa was afraid of going to jail. Teresa then telling her she was nuts, because there was zero chance she would ever go to jail.  Kathy saying in her first season that one of the reasons she and Teresa no longer got along was because Rich hat tried to speak to them about their finances years earlier when it looked like they were out of control and Teresa resented his intrusion.

All of these people have been involved in the story from the beginning, and the story will never be as interesting without them being part of it's conclusion.

I agree with this so much. The people who knew them the best called this. Too bad Teresa and Joe didn't listen to any of them.

• Love 4

To go after Melissa seems a good bet and at least Amber has a seemingly real connection to her but the more interesting spouse may be the husband and his connection to the Giudice's case. I'm a bit confused though on how he could mention the case or even be on a reality show with those same connections. I would think that would be a pretty good reason for job termination.

Hi!!  I'm new to the forum (long time lurker at TWOP)....but I've been reading/lurking here, too!!

I think we may find out that the "connection" to the prosecutor for Joe Giudice's case and Jim Marchese (Amber's husband) is that several years ago, Jim was a "whistle-blower" for a pharma company where he worked several years ago. 

Here's an article about the whole thing from 2007:

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/25/business/25whistle.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

If the article is correct, he may not have been so honest in his testimony!!    :-)

Oh, and I can assure you that MOST of the people who live in Colts Neck (and New Jersey, for that matter) are NOTHING at all like these gavons!!!    :-)

• Love 2

Amber's husband was the one who thought it was hilarious to terrorize his daughter with the pig carcass, right? Told me everything I needed to know about him in that one scene. GTFOMS. 

The other new husband, Dr. Evil? Yeah, no. When he was rambling about what a party is supposed to be, I wondered if he were on something. Probably just steroids though.

I agree with whoever pointed out the hideosity of Whichever Twin's purple mess of a dress in her TH.

• Love 2

Just when you think that Bravo could not possibly have found a more repulsive husband than Rich Wakile, enter Tur-ESSA's husband. It took me a little while but I finally figured who he reminds me : GRU from Despicable Me! LOL and YIKES!!!!

http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/characters/Despicable-Me/Gru/

I agree, mayboo!!   I couldn't think of who he reminded me of (I kept thinking a thinner version of Uncle Fester from "The Addams Family"....).

I'm still on the fence about Rino, though - it seems like he is trying a little too hard to be the next Richie Wakile.  For the record though, I have eaten at their Bayridge restaurant, Ponte Vecchio, several times and the food is amazing!! 

How old are those twins?

REALLY?  Only 44?  That is not a good thing.  Does having too much botox or surgeries make you look older than your are?  Plus both of them have a "hard" look.  Or maybe better described as "Ridden hard and put up wet"? 

Amber seemed to be trying too hard to be interesting in front of the cameras.  Or performing in front of the cameras.

It was fun watching Teresa cooking/baking with her girls.  At least until the word "Butthole" was spoken.

(edited)
Bravo, please stop it.   There is no way, not any, that a woman with that jersey/staten island/big ang accent ever even drove by Columbia.

I have no proof who went where, but accents don't keep people from attending college.

Note to Sirens Media:  Can you expand your requirements for NJ housewives to more than a stereotypical Italian with a north Jersey/NY accent.

Those accents are not the norm here.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 1
(edited)

The Giudices cheated and they're paying for it now (and in the future).  But I don't really see Joe pretending he's innocent, or it's all a misunderstanding, or making any excuses.  He seems to have pretty consistently (and smartly) taken a dismissive "whatever happens, happens" attitude, at least on camera.  It's Theresa who's crying "poor us, it's because we're famous, blah blah."  I've never cared for Joe much but everything I saw indicated that he's past anger and into the acceptance phase.  He knows he's going away. It's entirely possible he won't even be allowed to stay in the country when he's out, so he's enjoying what time he has left on the outside.  Presumably he would never be allowed back in, so all those relatives will either have to visit him in prison, then in Italy or he'll never see them again.  I think he gets this.  I think Theresa's still holding out for a hail mary pass where both of them skate, or at a minimum, he does some time but she's able to play it off as some kind of little technicality/overzealous prosecution thing and it all will get swept under the rug eventually.

Maybe the new chick went to the same Columbia that Kelly Bensimon did - some kind of extension adult ed offshoot?  Or she lost it, but got it back when she went back to hanging around people with that accent.  I know my Massachusetts accent has gotten much stronger as I've gotten older.  In college it wasn't obvious.

Edited by kassa
  • Love 7

The show isn't about Wall St bankers. You sound just like Tre when she basically said other people do the same thing but she's looked at because she's on tv. So because other people do it, it's ok? She should get a free pass because others got off free?

No… the point is that people GAVE THE WALL STREET BANKERS A PASS and maybe if taxpayers were as outraged over THEM as they are over the Giudices, justice would have been better served.  It's like when people get outraged over alleged "welfare mothers" buying $20 steak but seemingly have NO outrage over bankers stealing $20 billion.  

• Love 12

I have no proof who went where, but accents don't keep people from attending college.

Those accents are not the norm here.

I don't either but the point I'm making is that people who sound like *etiqu-see* is a thing have not gone to an Ivy League school.   

No… the point is that people GAVE THE WALL STREET BANKERS A PASS and maybe if taxpayers were as outraged over THEM as they are over the Giudices, justice would have been better served.  It's like when people get outraged over alleged "welfare mothers" buying $20 steak but seemingly have NO outrage over bankers stealing $20 billion.  

Can't speak for the population but the taxpayers I know were outraged.   How is public opinion having no bearing on the outcome of the recession equal to giving wall street bankers a pass? It's a private industry, what were taxpayers supposed to do to affect finance?

• Love 8

I have empathy for the Giudice children, just like I do for Apollo's adorable little guys. As far as Joe and Teresa, I am not sympathetic to either of them. I'm sorry that Joe's father died of course. I wonder how much stress Joe's situation put on the father. I do feel that if Joe had never married Teresa, he may have been perfectly happy living a quiet casual life, but I can't excuse the choices he made.

• Love 7
(edited)
I don't either but the point I'm making is that people who sound like *etiqu-see* is a thing have not gone to an Ivy League school.

Yeah, but the point I am making is just look at Facebook--and every other piece of copy on the internet--and you'll see that people in general are horrible at all things grammar/spelling/syntax/punctuation/usage; apostrophe placement alone (especially on the former TWOP Housewives threads) would indicate that almost no one is capable of gaining entry to an Ivy League school. If a mispronunciation (because it was not her accent that made her say "etiquacy") kept someone from being a success at whatever endeavor we could name, there'd be no successes.

Edited by TattleTeeny

Joe's face in that last scene certainly read to me like a man who knew he'd done wrong and regretted it.  Looking at Gia's face had to be torture for him....but he deserves it.  

I didn't pay attention to anything else on this show.  Dina bugs me...she's so co-dependent it's scary.  If she's not all about her kid, then it's Teresa or whoever she's dating.  For a woman who claims to be so strong willed she certainly can't handle the slightest bit of upheaval in her personal life.

• Love 2

Yeah, but the point I am making is just look at Facebook--and every other piece of copy on the internet--and you'll see that people in general are horrible at all things grammar/spelling/syntax/punctuation/usage; apostrophe placement alone (especially on the former TWOP Housewives threads) would indicate that almost no one is capable of gaining entry to an Ivy League school. If a mispronunciation (because it was not her accent that made her say "etiquacy") kept someone from being a success at whatever endeavor we could name, there'd be no successes.

I hear you.  And I totally get that, the distinction (for me) is that it's not a grammar slip, it's not a syntax slip and it's not a spelling error, it's a not-word.   The irony is that she was pointing out the differences between her and Melissa's own method when it came to their roads to success.  In a sentence her point was:  I used my brain, while she used her physical appeal.   Let's leave ivy league out of it for a second, someone stressing their own intelligence doesn't make up, then use a fictitious grouping of letters and try passing that off as a word unless they're being tongue in cheek.    The problem, and as you pointed out, it's pretty rampant on the internet is before being condescending about how much smarter you are than your former friend or anyone else, you might want to check to be sure that the words you're using are, well, words.  I believe she went to college, Columbia? the one in Harlem?  Yeah, if she insists, I'm gonna need to see the receipts.

• Love 4

Oh, I do agree--if one is going to attempt to make a point about one's intellect, one better take care to do so flawlessly--and again I'll cite Facebook for being a wealth of examples of such because oh boy...

• Love 4

What is weird to me is that they are planning for Joe Guidice's "going away" but don't seem to be even considering that Teresa may be in a matching jumpsuit in the adjoining cell.

I've always noticed that. It's like it's an offshoot of Teresa's denial. Or else it's deliberate on Teresa's end - to put this all on Joe and act the sympathetic, put-upon wife. I remember right after the indictments, Teresa put out a statement saying "I support my husband and will always stand by him..." Well that's nice, Teresa, but what about your part in the criminal scheme? She pled guilty to FOUR charges of tax and wire fraud! Joe pled guilty to five. GUILTY! They are BOTH admitted criminals. Where's Teresa's going-away party? Or is that a later episode?

• Love 8

As much as I hate Melissa, I don;t think that calling her out because she didn't know that someone she lost touch with years ago had cancer is horrible or displays a lack of character. For whatever reason, people move in and out of friendships. Especially when your lives move in different directions. Most of the people I hung with in my 20s are only memories decades later. Does that make me a bad person if one of them got cancer and I didn't rush to their bedside?My guess is that Amber, Melissa's former bff, saw Melissa on the show and wanted to get some of that Bravolebrity, so she marketed herself to the producers as the one who could stir Melissa's shit. That being said, I give a shout out to Bravo and Amber if they can knock Ms Sexy Life off her damn pedestal. I did miss the first few minutes of  the show and noticed that Melissa and Joe were in a different house. It looked much smaller than the McMansion they were in. Did they finally sell that monstrosity? I also saw that they are in the garbage business. What happened to Joe's empire of flipping apartment buildings?

I agree why is Melissa held accountable for not staying in touch. It takes 2. My mom does that to me all the time "why don't you call so & so" & I reply "why doesn't so & so call me"? People move on, times change. You can reconnect but shouldn't be held accountable for not staying in touch when both parties didn't make an effort.

What's with all the shoes/leg entrances? First we see them showing only Dina's shoes, like we didn't already know it was her. Then they show her & Tre getting out of the limo. I don't get all the feet shots & music.

• Love 2
(edited)

Still laughing at the poster on this board who said that Milania looks like Big Pussy Bonpensiero

My husband says I'm gonna go to hell for that....but I think I'll be in good company.

And I have my handbasket all decorated.

Edited by onemoretime
  • Love 10

The Feds did give the Giudices a pass.  Originally they were charged with 41 counts and Joe plead guilty to 5 counts and Teresa to 4 counts.  Many of those bankers received convictions, lost their license to practice and paid back a bunch of money.  If they were acquitted they owed nothing.  Teresa and Joe knew the chances of acquittal were slim, have rolled the dice and are hoping for favorable sentencing.

People are entitled to their own outrage.  I for one am outraged that Teresa and Joe continue to live in their two homes and spend $15,000.00 a month in mortgage payments on upside down homes and yet can't seem to pay their creditors back or fund their children's college education.

• Love 11

I agree why is Melissa held accountable for not staying in touch. It takes 2. My mom does that to me all the time "why don't you call so & so" & I reply "why doesn't so & so call me"? People move on, times change. You can reconnect but shouldn't be held accountable for not staying in touch when both parties didn't make an effort.

What's with all the shoes/leg entrances? First we see them showing only Dina's shoes, like we didn't already know it was her. Then they show her & Tre getting out of the limo. I don't get all the feet shots & music.

Like they were trying to do some sort of Hollywood celebrity arrival at a premier

My husband says I'm gonna go to hell for that....but I think I'll be in good company.

And I have my handbasket all decorated.

LOL

Well, I'll take the feet and shoes (I like shoes!!!) over the fascination the camera guys had with dog poop on several of the other franchises in past seasons....LOL!!

• Love 1

I for one am outraged that Teresa and Joe continue to live in their two homes and spend $15,000.00 a month in mortgage payments on upside down homes and yet can't seem to pay their creditors back or fund their children's college education.

I thought that Teresa said last season that she worked to pay off their creditors?  I think they probably justified their properties because they are used for the show...

Well, I'll take the feet and shoes (I like shoes!!!) over the fascination the camera guys had with dog poop on several of the other franchises in past seasons....LOL!!

You're right, me too. It was just odd to see the feet twice in one episode & the silly music going along with it.

• Love 1

The Giudices cheated and they're paying for it now (and in the future).  But I don't really see Joe pretending he's innocent, or it's all a misunderstanding, or making any excuses.  He seems to have pretty consistently (and smartly) taken a dismissive "whatever happens, happens" attitude.

I think Joe uses denial as a tool just like Teresa, he just manifests it differently. This is a guy who complained about getting in trouble for "telling the truth," not revealing his "truth" involved forging his partner's signature. This is a guy who at first denied the charges, repeating his lawyer's saying that you can "indict a ham sandwich." And best of all, this is a guy who got arrested for drunk driving, and claimed he got drunk after he slammed into a tree!

• Love 6

I thought that Teresa said last season that she worked to pay off their creditors?  I think they probably justified their properties because they are used for the show...

I believe that Teresa claimed they settled the debts on the buildings/businesses by selling them, but I do not believe that any of the money Teresa has been earning has been going to pay anything back. I think it's been actually been shown that they didn't pay back much of their debts, I think TMZ did some reporting on this. I think Teresa would like to perpetuate the myth that she's been working to pay things back, but I believe her real attitude is "fuck em" just like Joe. She hid the Skinny Italian advance from the bankruptcy and she played dumb when Joe's partner sued and got out of being liable. I have no doubt Teresa thinks her money is hers to blow as she pleases, on Gucci bags and Louboutins.

• Love 5

^^ Right. They haven't paid any of their debt back. And they probably won't ever, as they owe millions. (Although they do have to pay restitution to the Court as part of their plea deal). As for the house, I believe they're still living in it because it 's worth less than the bank would get for it if they sell it.

• Love 2

Note to Sirens Media:  Can you expand your requirements for NJ housewives to more than a stereotypical Italian with a north Jersey/NY accent.

Yes!  I've been saying this for months.  I live near the NJ housewives (and have for many years), and these women are not at all typical of anyone I know.  The way they speak, the way they act, none of it.  I find it really offensive that these stereotypes are being shoved down our throats when they are not based at all in reality.

There are plenty of interesting, outrageous, fun-to-watch women in NJ who would be really good at bringing the drama without stupid over-the-top accents, attitudes, and lack of brain cells.  And everyone in NJ is not Italian, although from this show it certainly appears to be a requirement.

(I'm from NY, btw, and fiercely proud of that.  But I really hate to see my adopted state of NJ being portrayed this way.)

• Love 1

Yes, Teresa did say this - more than once. Many of her fans were also saying this over the last couple of years. A couple of months ago it was revealed that they had only paid about $7500 of their total original debt (all attorney fees) which was close to $11 million.  Now, with the additional debt they have incurred and additional attorney fees, they owe close to $13 million.  That is the thing that is so astonishing. They have been earning money over the last 3 years - more than they had probably ever earned before.  The great salary she makes on the show, revenue from her books, her wine, her hair care, etc. She earned speaking fees. Despite this, they did absolutely nothing to pay back any of the folks they had defrauded. They continued to live in a house they couldn't afford, drive cars they couldn't afford, and go on vacations.  Their kids have iPods and Gia was walking around last season with an LV bag.  They basically flipped off all the people that they owed, right on TV. Now they act like it was their legal bills that were keeping them from funding their kids college educations. Yea right Teresa, whatever you say. 

• Love 13

The Feds did give the Giudices a pass.  Originally they were charged with 41 counts and Joe plead guilty to 5 counts and Teresa to 4 counts.  Many of those bankers received convictions, lost their license to practice and paid back a bunch of money.  If they were acquitted they owed nothing.  Teresa and Joe knew the chances of acquittal were slim, have rolled the dice and are hoping for favorable sentencing.

People are entitled to their own outrage.  I for one am outraged that Teresa and Joe continue to live in their two homes and spend $15,000.00 a month in mortgage payments on upside down homes and yet can't seem to pay their creditors back or fund their children's college education.

Exactly Zoesymom.  I am not sure where folks get the idea that there were no ramifications for the Wall Street crew who bilked folks out of their money. There have been plenty of investigations, trials and convictions. I cannot understand why people think there should be less anger at folks like the Giudice's, just because there were other folks doing the same thing. It would be like arresting a rapist and having folks scream because there are serial rapists running around who are guilty of doing more heinous things. This is the way Teresa and Joe act - like everyone was doing it, so why should they be singled out? No, everyone is not doing it, and when folks who do are found out, they are generally punished. 

• Love 5

Yes!  I've been saying this for months.  I live near the NJ housewives (and have for many years), and these women are not at all typical of anyone I know.  The way they speak, the way they act, none of it.  I find it really offensive that these stereotypes are being shoved down our throats when they are not based at all in reality.

There are plenty of interesting, outrageous, fun-to-watch women in NJ who would be really good at bringing the drama without stupid over-the-top accents, attitudes, and lack of brain cells.  And everyone in NJ is not Italian, although from this show it certainly appears to be a requirement.

I totally get it, and I'd be embarrassed, too. But these ladies were only cast because they fit the stereotype. It's no different than any others from the franchise. In the OC, they were looking for the blonde, wealthy, plastic surgery type, in ATL - wealthy or famous, combative AA women, etc.... They don't pick a state or city and try to find interesting, outgoing women; they pick a state or city because of its stereotypical character, and then try to find women who fit the stereotype.

• Love 1

Between Teresa's tweaked face, Joe Gristle's steroid bloated face and Gia looking like she is taking her first shit in weeks as she struggles to put out the tears, it is like a version of the three monkeys "see no evil, hear no evil and speak no evil".

I thought Gia's tears were real, didn't feel like she was struggling to put out tears, more like she was struggling not to dissolve into tears at any moment. I can't even imagine the terror she must feel at the thought of possibly losing both her parents or the shock of finding out your parents are actually criminals, theives, that your whole life/lifestyle has been a lie. Kids don't know where the family money comes from. Growing up I'm sure she wasn't thinking, "Hmm, how can my parents afford this? Where is the money coming from?" I know I didn't. My dad worked and we lived the way we lived. I never questioned it, asked how much money he made. I just can't imagine going through that at her age. It broke my heart when she and Joe were standing on the balcony and she was hugging him and crying. During that scene I wondered how the hell Joe and Tre could have done what they did knowing they have kids who, if they were ever caught, would suffer more than anyone. I know they love their kids, but damn, how are you so stupidly irresponsible when you are in charge of the lives of four innocent children?

I think Joe's face is bloated because he's fat and he drinks, not because of steroids. I'm always shocked when they show photos of both the Joes when they were young. They were both good looking guys back in the day.

• Love 13
(edited)

Rewatching the episode from last night. Teresa said, I use to have a normal life, and now I just want it to be normal again. Does she still think that she ever had a "normal life". Does she still think that folks live like this? Taking mocked up W-2's and pay stubs into banks to borrow money you have no ability to pay back? Filing a claim for bankruptcy, then going into a furniture shop out of town and spending $90,000 cash on furniture, after claiming you were broke? Telling folks that you had no choice really, because you had a big house that was empty, and really, what were you supposed to do? Does she think that any of this is normal in any way, still? She just has no shame. 

This is the article that talks about how they have thus far only paid some of their legal bills, but made no dent in their remaining, original debt.

http://allthingsrh.com/teresa-joe-giudice-still-owe-13-million-creditors-bankruptcy/

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 5

Can not stand Dina! And the twins....really? They both look like they have been ridden hard and put away wet. I admit I did tear up when Juicy Joe's dad was saying how he would always be there for the family. RIP Mr. Guidice.

• Love 2
(edited)

. I did miss the first few minutes of  the show and noticed that Melissa and Joe were in a different house. It looked much smaller than the McMansion they were in. Did they finally sell that monstrosity?

Check out the Melissa thread. Ther's a link to a story about the monstrosity house. The Gorgas lied when they said they got their asking price for that cheaply made piece of crap. They are renting it and there's legal issues with the tenant suing the Gorgas along with others suing the Gorgas for unpaid bills. I have no doubt that the Gorgas are going to find themselves in a  situation similar to the Guidices, especially considering that JoeGui mentored him and taught him the business. Andy probably has that penciled in for next season's storyline.

Teresa said, I use to have a normal life, and now I just want it to be normal again.

That was a WTF moment for me. I was thinking "normal?"  Illegally obtaining funds, not paying taxes is normal? Not to mention living your life in a Bravo fishbowl.

The other WTF moment for me was the preview that showed Tre lying on the floor in her pajamas praying and asking God to protect her and Joe. Yeah Tre, don't think God's going to help you out on this one.

Edited by happykitteh
  • Love 7
I thought Gia's tears were real, didn't feel like she was struggling to put out tears, more like she was struggling not to dissolve into tears at any moment.

I had the same sense of it, and it's why I found it extremely hard to watch.  Though apparently I'm not a good enough person to turn off the tv for that reason.

She seems like a smart sensitive kid to me, and while I feel bad for what she's going through I also kinda feel like she'll turn out to be a pretty decent person because of it all.  Which probably sounds weird.  

• Love 4

Yes, Teresa did say this - more than once. Many of her fans were also saying this over the last couple of years. A couple of months ago it was revealed that they had only paid about $7500 of their total original debt (all attorney fees) which was close to $11 million.  Now, with the additional debt they have incurred and additional attorney fees, they owe close to $13 million.  That is the thing that is so astonishing. They have been earning money over the last 3 years - more than they had probably ever earned before.  The great salary she makes on the show, revenue from her books, her wine, her hair care, etc. She earned speaking fees. Despite this, they did absolutely nothing to pay back any of the folks they had defrauded. They continued to live in a house they couldn't afford, drive cars they couldn't afford, and go on vacations.  Their kids have iPods and Gia was walking around last season with an LV bag.  They basically flipped off all the people that they owed, right on TV. Now they act like it was their legal bills that were keeping them from funding their kids college educations. Yea right Teresa, whatever you say

This reminds me so much if my own daughter who is 13. She wanted some kind of designer bag and I told her we couln't afford it. She snarkily ( don't think that is a word) replied that she should probably get her braces removed if we are so broke. I explained she WANTS a new bag but she NEEDS braces. It takes a mature person to distinguish between wants and needs. I'm 50 and still struggle with this concept. I hope people don't blame Gia, she is a child and doesn't know what things cost , nor should she.

• Love 3

This reminds me so much if my own daughter who is 13. She wanted some kind of designer bag and I told her we couln't afford it. She snarkily ( don't think that is a word) replied that she should probably get her braces removed if we are so broke. I explained she WANTS a new bag but she NEEDS braces. It takes a mature person to distinguish between wants and needs. I'm 50 and still struggle with this concept. I hope people don't blame Gia, she is a child and doesn't know what things cost , nor should she.

Completely agreed. It is not Gia's fault her parents are giant assholes who want nice things more than to pay their bills. 

I do disagree that Gia should know what things cost. She is more than old enough to realize what they can afford and what they cannot (if they cared or paid attention to such things). When I was young my parents went through a reversal of fortune, such as it was. We never had any real money, but suddenly we had none when my dad left. Everything had to change and we were well aware of the fact that we couldn't afford things we did in the past. It would have been interesting to see Teresa and Joe do something similar.  Except for that one Christmas in S3, and maybe a few episodes after, we never saw any real attempt on their part to acknowledge that the money was no longer there.  

• Love 5

Except for that one Christmas in S3, and maybe a few episodes after, we never saw any real attempt on their part to acknowledge that the money was no longer there.

Because the money is still there. They've been living large all theses years, spending all the money they fraudulently stole, as well as any monies they got from Teresa's cookbooks and pretty sizable Bravo paycheck. Even the bankruptcy didn't put a stop to their spending, as they thought it would "wipe the slate clean". As Teresa so disgustingly put it, their only financial inconvenience so far has been paying atty fees. (Unless I misunderstood what you meant in your post. I don't remember the X-mas scenes you referenced. Sorry if that's the case).

The Gorgas lied when they said they got their asking price for that cheaply made piece of crap. They are renting it and there's legal issues with the tenant suing the Gorgas along with others suing the Gorgas for unpaid bills.

I believe it is a rent (lease) - to - own situation with the Gorgas failing to make promised repairs to complete the sale.

(edited)

Because the money is still there. They've been living large all theses years, spending all the money they fraudulently stole, as well as any monies they got from Teresa's cookbooks and pretty sizable Bravo paycheck. Even the bankruptcy didn't put a stop to their spending, as they thought it would "wipe the slate clean". As Teresa so disgustingly put it, their only financial inconvenience so far has been paying atty fees. (Unless I misunderstood what you meant in your post. I don't remember the X-mas scenes you referenced. Sorry if that's the case).

Oh, Christmas in S3. One of the all-time greats. We, the public now knew about their bankruptcy filing and Teresa said that they had to cut back that Christmas. This episode was most memorable because Juicy spent the morning splayed out on the couch with his arm thrown over the back with the video camera capturing the kids opening their gifts. He couldn't even be bothered to join them (Teresa said later he wasn't feeling well). Juicy took the "cutting back" deal seriously and gave Teresa a pair of gloves (or something equally small). Teresa pointed out that the gloves were not the type of gift she was use to receiving on Christmas, clearly not grasping the idea of their grave financial situation. Juicy was not amused. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 2

Hi. I was a long time lurker on TWOP particularly for this show.

Theresa - I have a love hate attitude towards her. I get the feeling that she thinks some miracle will happen. It shouldn't.  I devilishly like that she is starting a dessert line. I'd have loved to have seen Kathy and Rich's face when they heard that news.

Dina - I'm glad she's back, even with her odd sense of "Screw you, I'm Zen and light asshole."

Melissa - Don't care about her or her slumlord husband nor the newest member of the family, their trash truck.

Tuh-Reza - She seems like a bitch on wheels. I don't care if she's a cancer survivor. Not sure I like her.

The twins (what were their names....don't care) - Still don't care but Rino seems a handful. Maybe he'll come out with a Party planning cookbook.

Thank you for that! It's coming back to me now. Is that the same Christmas where Teresa bought the girls new iPhones, because the old iPhones were so last year?!

And wasn't that the year Melissa told her kids baby Jesus was 90?

• Love 2

I'd bet the kids have been clueless about how much money Joe and Teresa have, or don't have.  Until recently.  If they heard talk then Teresa's the type to downplay it.  That's how I see it. 

I keep remembering the episode when the Guidices moved into that big house and how thrilled and I guess the word 'entitled' would describe how the young Gia acted as she was prissily unpacking her things and arranging everything in her new fabulous room.   Then I think it was that episode that Teresa got the phone call about Gia doing the modeling job-- or maybe it was guest starring on a sitcom or something.  I remember her calling up to Gia's room asking if she wanted to do it and Gia's VERY confident and sassy 'of course!' type answer. That poor kid must have felt like she had the world by the tail... 

• Love 2