Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E01: What A Difference A Plea Makes

• Start Topic

Ah, so Teresa just wants everything to be normal again.  'Normal' for Teresa is racking up debt and not paying for it.  "Normal' for Teresa is for she and her husband to take out mortgages based on false income.  'Normal' for Teresa is to spend ridiculous amounts of money on herself, her ugly stucco home and her kids without any concern about where that money comes from.  'Normal' for Teresa is not worrying about tomorrow. 

• Love 12
(edited)

I keep remembering the episode when the Guidices moved into that big house and how thrilled and I guess the word 'entitled' would describe how the young Gia acted as she was prissily unpacking her things and arranging everything in her new fabulous room.

I didn't see that episode but why would a kid feel "entitled" if they hadn't lived the good life before and as a kid probably had no idea what the good life is? I remember when I was little and my parents built a really large home where I had my own room. I was so happy to have my own space! Gia probably felt the same - especially if it meant not sharing a room with Milania - but I don't know that would make her entitled just because she was proud of her new room and happy to have it.

I haven't seen the first two seasons except for a few clips. I'm so pissed I once again missed it when Bravo reaired them recently. My DVR is set to record only new episodes and I never know ahead of time when the first two seasons are going to be on. I would love to see early Tre, Caro and Jac after reading how different they were at the beginning. I've never seen Tre without her new fake bubbies, casually dressed and without a ton of makeup and I've never seen her previous house.

Edited by happykitteh
  • Love 3
(edited)

Ah, so Teresa just wants everything to be normal again.  'Normal' for Teresa is racking up debt and not paying for it.  "Normal' for Teresa is for she and her husband to take out mortgages based on false income.  'Normal' for Teresa is to spend ridiculous amounts of money on herself, her ugly stucco home and her kids without any concern about where that money comes from.  'Normal' for Teresa is not worrying about tomorrow. 

I need to find a way to put this on a bumper sticker. 

It was very sad to see Joe's dad say there are a lot of people against them.  Yes, there are a lot of people who work for the IRS and it's a funny thing, you have to follow laws.  Ya think I fucked my kids and failed to pay taxes?  Hmmm, how about the Christmas we never had, we were just focused on keeping our house and paying our debt.   I know that the IRS doesn't mean "I Really Shop".    

She signed her name on the fraudulent line over and over with her juicy love muffin.  Good thing Melania knows how to cook herself breakfast.  They will be growing up very fast.   I noticed she stopped that annoying giggle she use to do. 

The worse thing they can do is teach their kids they are victims and did nothing wrong.  Their children may possibly grow up not respecting authority, and the IRS people are assholes who ruined their family.  I would have much more respect to see them show some remorse.

Edited by Lablover27
  • Love 10
(edited)

Because the money is still there. They've been living large all theses years, spending all the money they fraudulently stole, as well as any monies they got from Teresa's cookbooks and pretty sizable Bravo paycheck. Even the bankruptcy didn't put a stop to their spending, as they thought it would "wipe the slate clean". As Teresa so disgustingly put it, their only financial inconvenience so far has been paying atty fees. (Unless I misunderstood what you meant in your post. I don't remember the X-mas scenes you referenced. Sorry if that's the case).

They thought they could parachute out via a false BK filing.  Then the shit hit the fan.  No one made them sign on the fraudulent line.  I do feel bad for the kids ONLY.  But I hope that they will educate their children and raise them to take the IRS seriously.  Other posters have said it better than I, but, the sacrifaces our family made as small business owner, it sucked!  And here comes August payment....Tre, Juicy?  Are you sending your payment in too?  No fancy vacations for the Lablovers, hell, you can't even co-sign for a student loan for your sons.  Sell your house or make the payments.  When I'm cutting out coupons and thankful we made the IRS payment,  I don't feel bad for Tre and Juicy.  It reminds me of that Leona "only the poor people pay taxes" which drives me nuts!!!  Glad they got to grieve.  Now show up and pay the price of being guilty. 

Tre's still getting her make up and hair done.  That's like 3 dinners in my house!

Edited by Lablover27
  • Love 9

I'm not proud of this but I loathed first season Gia. She was all cartwheels, sassy and every other "look at me" stereotype you can think of. She has really grown into a very sweet and sensitive young girl. I love the fact that she is so book smart despite having two morons for parents. I also love that she has more insight into the load of shit trouble they are in then her mother does. As for the house they lived in before the marble mansion, we never got to see it ,but thanks to Danielle we know it had linoleum floors. The horror! So yes the new house was a big gigantic ,granite and onyx ,expensive surfaces upgrade.

• Love 8
(edited)

And wasn't that the year Melissa told her kids baby Jesus was 90?

I thought he was 87?

I love the fact that she is so book smart despite having two morons for parents.

I missed that--when was she shown to be book smart {no snark intended}?

Edited by onemoretime
  • Love 1

Yes, Teresa did say this - more than once. Many of her fans were also saying this over the last couple of years. A couple of months ago it was revealed that they had only paid about $7500 of their total original debt (all attorney fees) which was close to $11 million.  Now, with the additional debt they have incurred and additional attorney fees, they owe close to $13 million.  That is the thing that is so astonishing. They have been earning money over the last 3 years - more than they had probably ever earned before.  The great salary she makes on the show, revenue from her books, her wine, her hair care, etc. She earned speaking fees. Despite this, they did absolutely nothing to pay back any of the folks they had defrauded. They continued to live in a house they couldn't afford, drive cars they couldn't afford, and go on vacations.  Their kids have iPods and Gia was walking around last season with an LV bag.  They basically flipped off all the people that they owed, right on TV. Now they act like it was their legal bills that were keeping them from funding their kids college educations. Yea right Teresa, whatever you say. 

Exactly! 

As sad as it might be for their daughters, I really hope they each have to "go away" (that's what they say, right?).  If not -- if Theresa gets probation or a ridiculously short sentence -- it will be especially frustrating since (1) they've shown no remorse, as far as I can tell; instead Theresa continues to act as if this is something that happened to them; and (2) they do not appear to have taken even the tiniest step towards downscaling their "fabulous" lifestyle.  Trying to achieve the lifestyle is what got them into the trouble they're in now.  To refuse to even appear like they're attempting to spend less, so that they can pay their creditors, well, it's like they're thumbing their noses at the BK court.

and she is Columbia University grad! yikes

Columbia grad here -- although if any more HWs claim to have gone to Columbia, I may stop admitting it.

I'm not really loving the three new women.  I don't know if I'll end up watching the whole season.  (Although I probably will have to if I want to appreciate fully the snark here....what to do, what to do....?)

• Love 8
(edited)
RHETORICA, ON 14 JUL 2014 - 11:11 PM, SAID:

And wasn't that the year Melissa told her kids baby Jesus was 90?

That silly wench!

I can't stand Melissa but I seriously don't think she actually believes that's Jesus's age. She was talking to a little kid, and just said a random number, probably--people do that shit all the time.

"go away" (that's what they say, right?)

It's a common colloquialism (as opposed to a made-up Teresism).

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 3
(edited)

I thought he was 87?

I missed that--when was she shown to be book smart {no snark intended}

A poster from twop lived near the Guidices and said Gia was an A student and very well liked by her teachers.

Edited by nc socialworker
  • Love 1

I didn't see that episode but why would a kid feel "entitled" if they hadn't lived the good life before and as a kid probably had no idea what the good life is? I remember when I was little and my parents built a really large home where I had my own room. I was so happy to have my own space! Gia probably felt the same - especially if it meant not sharing a room with Milania - but I don't know that would make her entitled just because she was proud of her new room and happy to have it.

I haven't seen the first two seasons except for a few clips. I'm so pissed I once again missed it when Bravo reaired them recently. My DVR is set to record only new episodes and I never know ahead of time when the first two seasons are going to be on. I would love to see early Tre, Caro and Jac after reading how different they were at the beginning. I've never seen Tre without her new fake bubbies, casually dressed and without a ton of makeup and I've never seen her previous house.

If you watch the first season episode I'm talking about you may see why I used the word 'entitled'  :)  That may not even be the right word but even though they lived in a house with (gasp!) linoleum floors, they were living a much higher lifestyle as far as clothes, toys, etc than many little girls that age.  Teresa may not have got her 'bubbies' yet but she was dressed to the nines, hair and nails done, jewelry, etc and going into stores with the girls and buying everything on the racks-- and allowing them to argue and choose exactly what they wanted.  1st season Gia reminds me a little of how Melania acts now (so there's hope for Melania apparently!)  When Gia is taking her suitcase to her room and little girl prissily unpacking things you can just feel how she's so happy and maybe not 'entitled' but sassy satisfied.  (I understand what it feels like to move from a normal home to a luxury home as a youngster,too.  My family moved from my home state to the Virgin Islands for a few yrs and into a beautiful villa on a hill where I had my own outside room and bathroom/dressing room area with full balconies all around.  I have to admit I was THIRLLED and got the big head a little as I unpacked in my room.  ;)   Gia's attitude as she's unpacking and  cockily yelling down the stairs to Teresa that sure, she'd be in the tv part! (or whatever it was) reminded me a little of how I felt at that time-- like everything had changed and I had the world by the tail.  I have to admit it went to my head and when I married a few yrs later and ended back up in my home state it was humbling, but I got over it and was even proud of my linoleum floors, ha! )  Seriously, I do feel so sorry for Gia, though.  She seems like a great kid now and not 'entitled' at all.

• Love 1

^^ Right. They haven't paid any of their debt back. And they probably won't ever, as they owe millions. (Although they do have to pay restitution to the Court as part of their plea deal). As for the house, I believe they're still living in it because it 's worth less than the bank would get for it if they sell it.

They should walk away from it then and save $12,000,000.00 a month in payments and property taxes of over $25,000.00 a year.  Same with their beach house-it is just plain old greed on their part-not willing to give up any luxuries.  Teresa kept the Maserati.  All the money that is saved could go to restitution and paying back creditors.  Teresa will be forever known as the "Restitution Whore".

• Love 14

Teresa will be forever known as the "Restitution Whore".

Good one!

And I agree with your post. Yes, they should have moved out of the house, sold everything, try to pay the creditors, etc... But that would have been completely out of character. It's all about fronting for them. They have no morals. They need a judge to order them to do what's right and make amends.

• Love 7

I skipped this show last season because I honestly could not stand watching Jacqueline or Ashley or those Manzos or those Wakiiles or that Rosie. But I always liked Dina and I am all in for what I am hoping is the last and final television appearance (beyond news footage) of Joe Guidice and Co. And, besides, only on Bravo do we get such classic lines as: "I don't know what I did with my...oh, that little f****ing kid took my shawl." Classic.

So all the Guidice cousins gathered to pose for a photo that Joe could take with him to prison and then on the boat back to Italy.  That was thoughtful.  Funny how one person in the photo has their head blurred, must have a professional reputation to uphold, I guess. I do think it is sad for Joe to have lost his father too young. Other than that, put me in the camp eager to see Teresa and Joe get their just desserts. With that big family I'm thinking the girls will be well cared for, and might actually benefit from the time away from the constant cameras and their delusional parents. 

Poor Gia. This must be so confusing to her with her parents acting like the power of positive thinking will make it all go away.  

• Love 2

I despise this about her like you wouldn't believe.  It's so disgustingly selfish! I still remember the tenants who were out on the streets - after paying rent, so she and her husband could live their "normal" life.  Some of those people had children.  She just never seems to express sympathy for anyone other than herself.

• Love 4
They should walk away from it then and save $12,000,000.00 a month in payments and property taxes of over $25,000.00 a year.  Same with their beach house-it is just plain old greed on their part-not willing to give up any luxuries.  Teresa kept the Maserati.  All the money that is saved could go to restitution and paying back creditors.  Teresa will be forever known as the "Restitution Whore".

This! Forever this!
  • Love 3
(edited)

Something about -"the bitch is back and you can kiss my ass", makes me want to see Dina less than ever before.  Another very uninteresting person that never addresses the elephant in the room.

Yeah, I just don't like her and I never have.  I'm sure I was supposed to be awed by the five hundred pairs of shoes in her closet, but I was disgusted by it.  Her marriage has been a sham from the beginning - I watched the wedding special.  She knew he was a cheater, and her goal was to spend as much as his money as she could on the wedding.  And now she thinks their marital problems involve Tommy giving pocketbooks to young blondes with big tits?  So Dina thinks Tommy's affairs are caused by "Big Tits" misinterpreting a friendly gift of a pocketbook?  Her only saving grace (to me) is her love for animals.

I'm glad the Guidice family is providing love and support for Joe.  It was a wonderful idea to take a family pic - this may be their last chance for a long time.  But when Joe suddenly appeared on the balcony like Eva Peron, and they gave him an ovation.....  I actually laughed out loud.  He's been turned into a martyr by his own family.

When Teresa and Melissa get along, I like both of them.  I don't even care if it's fake.  I'm sure their kids don't care of it's fake - they're spending time with their cousins.

I can't get a read on Amber.  I'm finding her extremely irritating, and she actually makes me root for Melissa.  Amber has an agenda, I'm just not sure what it is.  I was ready to flat out dislike her, but I appreciated how she let her boxer lay between her legs (underfoot) and didn't yell at him.  And I really liked how she allowed her dog to attend the party.

Edited by RedheadZombie
  • Love 2

It must be so scary to wonder whether you will be serving time or not and if you are going to be around for your kids.

I imagine it's also scary to have no heat and to live in fear of getting injured because of a greedy lump of shit landlord.

Juicy said his grandmother works hard, so does that mean nonna's a "sucker"?

I'm kind of enjoying the twins and Rino so far (though subtitles may be needed for those accents), and it seems Amber and Jim(?) could provide some good snarky material, too.

Funny how Tommy's cheating is the reason for Dina divorcing him, yet it didn't keep her from marrying him.

I'm not crazy about the lighter hair, but Melissa in her TH, with those fuchsia/cranberry lips? Yowza. JoeGo's shaven look works for him.

• Love 6

Too early to get a read on the three new housewives, but maybe they should have spaced out introducing them so it isn't so sudden.  At least they introduced all three better  here then NY did in season 5.

The first episode has low ratings and that could be due to a number of factors mainly due to all stale the show had gotten, the fact that Teresa and Co are still on the show, etc.

...put me in the camp eager to see Teresa and Joe get their just desserts. With that big family I'm thinking the girls will be well cared for, and might actually benefit from the time away from the constant cameras and their delusional parents. 

Poor Gia. This must be so confusing to her with her parents acting like the power of positive thinking will make it all go away.  

I agree that the girls would probably benefit -- at least for some amount of time -- from living with one of the relatives, but I wouldn't be surprised if the court allows them to stagger their sentences.  I could see Theresa doing her time first (since she'll almost definitely have less time), plus there's a chance that Joe could be deported after he's done with his time (oops, I mean after he's back from going away).

I tend to have a "don't worry about things until there's really something to worry about" -- but, there's a difference (at least in my mind) between not worrying about something that could never happen and being delusional.  You can refuse to invest too much energy in worrying about something that hasn't happened yet, but still be preparing for the thing if it does happen.  (For example, my company got acquired a couple of years ago.  A lot of my co-workers stressed from the minute we learned of the merger until months later when we all finally found out what was happening with our jobs.  I didn't want to spend months worrying about something that might never happen (i.e., possibly losing my job), still, we scaled back a bit that Christmas, didn't make any plans for any vacations until we knew what was going to happen, etc.  Fast forward almost three years later and I'm still employed with the same company, so I'm glad I didn't get an ulcer worrying about it back in 2011.)  I think the kindest thing to do for the girls would be to either gently start preparing them for the inevitable -- explain to them that they'll be taken care of, etc. or not say anything.  Acting like nothing's wrong and everything's going to be 100% fine could backfire -- as Gia could feel like she's been lied to.

• Love 2

Teresa will be forever known as the "Restitution Whore" and Joe on the balcony like Eva Peron...

That's why I love youse guys! 

I was waiting for Juicy to break out in song - Don't cry for Me Jew de chay...

• Love 9

Thank you Almost3000 ! I can't wait to see the early years!

I really enjoyed the first couple of seasons so much more.  I actually liked Teresa because she was just a goofy friend of the Manzos who seemed to have a light story line.  Then the table flippin' happened and things got dark...  

There was a skit on Saturday Night Live where Chris Farley, Adam Sandler and, David Spade are the Gap Girls sitting around a table at the mall talking and Chris is stuffing down French fries while the other two 'girls' watch.  He's all giggly and sweet until David Spade says in his 'girly' voice,''I thought you were trying to lose weight..." and Chris Farley grabs him by the throat and in a deep monster voice says,'' LAY OFF ME, I'M STARVING!"  Everytime I think of Teresa at that table going all King Kong I think of that skit-- for several shows she's just a giggling girl friend until the Inner Monster came out :D

• Love 2

I just rewatched the episode and realized I didn't catch the part of Joe's speech where he said his family has "hygienists and whatever".

Oh, Joe. You're not a good person, but I can't quit you.

I'm so glad you mentioned that. He said doctors and...blanked out on any other professions and said hygienists. What a goombah :^p

• Love 1

I doubt the Guidice's ever really had a college fund for the girls or even a savings account. But even if they did, they may have had to liquidate and fork over pretty much everything they had in the bankruptcy/legal fees/restitution/plea bargain-paloza their lawyer has been working on.

They never had a college fund set up. All of their accounts were listed in the bankruptcy and then in the fraud case. A college fund was never a priority and is only being brought up now to garner attention from viewers.  Don't fall for the okie doke. 

I know Milania has been the break out star of this franchise but I really, really hate how they're emphasizing her terrible behavior in the First Look.  Shut your Butthole?   Trust me when I say that she's going to have a hard time in school.  Her mouth is going to make it very difficult for her peers and teachers to like her.  Sad thing is, it's not her fault.  But not every adult and child in her life is going to care about that.

Milania had  about half a dozen "cute" moments on the show.  Otherwise she is a misbehaved child.  It almost seems once Gia didn't make it in the model/acting world all hopeful eyes fell to Milania to be the talent in the family.  On "Married To Medicine" there is an 8 year old that makes the Giudice kids look like dullards and she does it all without bad words.  In Milania's defense is the "gimme pizza you old troll" line that will live in infamy.

I can't imagine what the children's teachers must go through with Teresa clinging to the idea her children no nothing because they have not discussed it with them.  Certainly there has been a trickle down effect at the school.

This mess with Milania is cute now but will be a nightmare when she hits 12-13 and beyond. I can't stand disrespectful children. She is going to give them the blues when she is older. 

I have to hand it to Melissa-asking for a copy of the Facebook post.  I don't believe Amber.  I thought the I went to school and Melissa married money line was out of bounds.  IIRC Melissa went to college and I believe she even graduated.  Amber is going to have do better than making Jan like accusations.  So far I feel like the producers have just brought a ringer to go after Melissa to take the heat off of Teresa.

I think the Facebook post story is BS. If she was hurt enough by Melissa's non action to bring it up 5 years after the fact, there is no way she wouldn't have held on to the one piece of evidence she could throw in her face. Amber and Melissa are cut from the same cloth. I'm willing to bet their whole group of friends were hunting for a man with money that would take care of them. Melissa just happened to bag one before Amber did. And who cares about the degrees she has if she's not doing anything with them? Its really no different than the girls back in the 50s/60s that went to college just to get a husband. 

I was waiting for Juicy to break out in song - Don't cry for Me Jew de chay...

I just got a mental picture of this and spit water all over my laptop. 

• Love 1

Hi stcroix! Fellow VI person here (St. Thomas and Tortola). I agree, Gia was definitely one of those super annoying, desperately seeking attention kids in the first season. I admit to enjoying when she got passed over for that movie playing The Rock's daughter.

Schadenfreud indeed, and not ashamed. Thats also the reason I will miss Jacqueline. That bitch was crazy (not Danielle levels of uncomfortable crazy, but crazy enough) and it made for very enjoyable watching and snarking. And although Caroline was super self-righteous, I loved that she frequently appeared on camera in sweats and no makeup. It was a little bit refreshing. Now her kids, I could do without.

• Love 4

Hi stcroix! Fellow VI person here (St. Thomas and Tortola). I agree, Gia was definitely one of those super annoying, desperately seeking attention kids in the first season. I admit to enjoying when she got passed over for that movie playing The Rock's daughter.

Schadenfreud indeed, and not ashamed. Thats also the reason I will miss Jacqueline. That bitch was crazy (not Danielle levels of uncomfortable crazy, but crazy enough) and it made for very enjoyable watching and snarking. And although Caroline was super self-righteous, I loved that she frequently appeared on camera in sweats and no makeup. It was a little bit refreshing. Now her kids, I could do without.

Hello luckyroll3!  I'm counting the days until I'm back in the islands :)  Yes, it was a role where she'd play The Rock's daughter-- thank you for helping me to remember, no way was I going to come up with it on my own.

So based on this episode here are my humble thoughts

Joe and Tre: I can't feel sorry for them. The kids? Yes. Their parents have screwed themselves.

Amber: Uhhh. She has to control everything and had cancer once. Amber seems to be all about Amber. In the sneak peak peak she said something like. "I have four...friggin' kids". like she was talking about getting a root canal. Maybe she doesn't like the oldest two because she didnt birth them?

So based on this episode here are my humble thoughts

Joe and Tre: I can't feel sorry for them. The kids? Yes. Their parents have screwed themselves.

Amber: Uhhh. She has to control everything and had cancer once. Amber seems to be all about Amber. In the sneak peak peak she said something like. "I have four...friggin' kids". like she was talking about getting a root canal. Maybe she doesn't like the oldest two because she didnt birth them?

There is something not right about Amber.  I have to 're-watch, but I thought it was strange that she shaved her head (she never said anything about the chemo making her hair fall out), then she went on to say that she wouldn't let her husband see her that way, yet she had a professional picture taken.  Something is a little off with her story.

• Love 12

Oh my gosh, thank heavens for a poster in the RHNY forums, I had totally forgotten to record this. I'm finally caught up now!

First off, I almost fell out of my seat when I not only heard Teresa G. use the word "subconsciously", but also pronounce it correctly and use it in the correct context. If she went to prison, she could really get herself a decent education. But I digress....I HATE HATE HATE seeing Gia so emotional. It's clear the girl is going through a lot. I absolutely loved the giant Giudice photo shoot, it's great they have so many people supporting them and those kids - but I feel like too many people brushing aside their criminality is just enabling them. Is there anyone in their life willing to call them out? I just can't feel sympathy for Joe and Tre because they brought this on themselves and their poor children. In addition to all of those lawyer bills, someone should pay for Gia to see a therapist. Because Tre clearly isn't willing to have frank, heart-to-heart talks with her kid. 

And who is raising Milania? Seriously? Wolves that come out of the woods? That girl's mouth is off the charts! Tre does nothing. She just gets all bug-eyed and ASKS her not to talk like that. Hahahaha, yea, that's going to work. I get the feeling Milania was viewed as cute and sassy when she was 2-3 and had a fresh mouth, so no one corrected her. And now they're dealing with the repercussions. But seriously, Tre seems like she's afraid of her. It's pathetic. 

Okay, what in the seven hells is going on with Dina? Tommy was cheating, they're separated, but they still hook up? Is that the gist of it? I couldn't really follow what she was saying about Tommy liking to flirt with women and buy them pocketbooks, but he crossed the line when it was with young women with big tits. So if he was buying pocketbooks for old women with saggy tits it would have been okay? 

I'm reserving opinion on the new girls for another episode or two. But I just have to throw some side eye at Amber for throwing a "fall, harvest" party when there's snow on the ground. I have no idea who is being truthful with cancer-Facebook gate - her or Melissa? Or neither? Or both? But I did find it interesting that both girls viewed the other as having $$$$ in her eyes back in the day. 

So far, minus the poor Giudice children, this looks like a good season. I was one of the few who actually liked the Manzos, but I think it was time for them to exit and I'm really enjoying this cast shake-up. Do not miss Jaq or Richie Walkilie at all!

• Love 3

Did I miss something or were there no tag lines in this episode?

There were none.  Andy tweeted they would be back next week.  I'm guessing they skipped them because of the tone of the episode.  (Guidice drama).

I just rewatched the episode and realized I didn't catch the part of Joe's speech where he said his family has "hygienists and whatever"

I laughed so hard at that. I can't quit him either. I'll make a special visit just to hear him give me words of wisdom behind plexiglass. And I'm so corny, I laughed at the circumcision joke that Rino told. Don't judge me.

I felt so badly for Amber's (I keep calling her Heather) daughter when her idiot father frightened her half to death and laughed about it. "I don't want daddy to kill all the piggies," will probably be her first memory of when she decided to become a vegetarian. I used to be entertained by Milania. Not anymore.

I remember long ago, Conan O'Brien said he avoids mentioning he's an Ivy League grad because he's afraid if he makes a mistake, someone will inevitably go, "Jeez, didn't you go to Harvard?" And all my Ivy friends have said the same, and that it's kind of gauche to even mention it unless someone asks.

How rude of Rino to say that the Harvest Party was dull, he was a guest just like all the others so I guess he was dull too and btw, that circumcision joke is one of the oldest most often told at any bris, yawn, so there!

I am really bugged by Tre's scene in coming attractions with her praying to G-d about how much help she needs, if she were a true Catholic (or Christian etc..) she would know it was a sin to lie, right? So now she thinks TPTB should help her? Really?

Maybe I am being harsh but I do not see how Amber speaking to children with cancer would be of help to the children, I spent 15 years volunteering for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society and I think most of those children would not relate their situations to an adult with breast cancer.  Maybe she would do more good if she spent her time getting auction items or sponsers for DIna's foundation, raising money and awareness is invaluable. 

• Love 3

There is something not right about Amber.  I have to 're-watch, but I thought it was strange that she shaved her head (she never said anything about the chemo making her hair fall out), then she went on to say that she wouldn't let her husband see her that way, yet she had a professional picture taken.  Something is a little off with her story.

i suspect Amber gets too distracted by the internal soundtrack to the whole Lifetime Movie: Amber Had Cancer she has continually running in her head.  All the times and ways I've been affected by cancer and silly me, I had no idea she apparently invented the whole thing.  From personal experience I do know that cancer victims can get incredibly possessive of our experiences.  But she really takes it to a new level.  Since I have no intention of drinking myself to death I need to come up with a game that involves something positive, like say, clean something, every time Amber mentions the word cancer.  I did laugh when she immediately jumped in to make Dina's charity's cancer victims struggle all about her.  Er. I mean give them motivation.  The idea that on top of having a cancer I'd have to listen to her tell me "how" to essentially have it?  Damn that's rough shakes.

• Love 2
(edited)

I often have to chastise myself for giving these women credit for common sense... like the shoes in snow goofiness.

People who live in southern Calfornia know that basically one can wear strappy pumps in the winter because we are lucky to get rain let alone snow. Except for those who live in mountain areas. People who live where it snows and look out of their windows and see snow on the ground, well, I am assuming they have gadgets and footwear that is appropriate to the occasion. So I assumed that Tre and Dina had foot covering thingies that would protect their feet while they walked from the car to the house. Why did I assume that?

Edited by ethalfrida
(edited)

I caught the first episode last night. I really don't hate any of the newbies (yet) but I don't like them either. For the time being they just kind of exist to me. But Amber does get the most points for being a Boxer owner, as my profile pic here exploits my giant bias. I just loved seeing that guy lay around during the party. I'm fine with her mentioning her cancer in this first episode, but I hope it doesn't become a habit. Jaqueline mentioning Nick's Autism every four minutes last year annoyed the hell out of me, the one thing I respect about Kathy and Richie is that they didn't feel a need to talk about Victoria's brain tumor any chance they could for sympathy/martyrdom. I say I have a "medical condition" rather than use the phrase "disability", but I was born with something thats given me an awfully heavy medical file (and at times nearly killed me, even as recent as April) and I take people who lean on whatever condition they have, or people who prop themself up for doing what any decent human being should do, stand by a stick kid/family member should do, very seriously.

I found it weird Amber said she didn't want her husband to see her at times during her cancer but apparently had professional pictures taken with no hair. But people eventually deal in different ways, so maybe that was hers? I don't get that one but hey whatever works.

I'm confused on what the accusation Melissa mentioned was. Is she mad that Amber said she reached out to her? That is what Amber said, right? That she assumed Melissa knew because she got a message from her. She didn't say it was a bad message, yet Melissa was all "I don't like being accused of something I didn't do". Or is what she's mad about is that that would imply she knew but only sent her one message? Is Amber from Tom's River like Melissa? The implications even by Melissa of Amver being a part of her "old life" make it seem like she dropped everyone she knew after meeting Joe and moving to North Jersey, but if they were friends 5yrs ago that doesn't add up because they've been married longer. would 5yrs be her quest to get on HW?

I see after "black sh*t"-gate Joe Gorga is sticking with the shaved head. Smart move, I guess. Though that was still one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

I still don't know which twin is which... and I'm okay with that.

I didn't start watching until season 3 so I have no real feelings on Dina since even when I watched seasons 1 and 2 I knew she'd be gone so I never bothered to really invest in what I saw of her. Was she really a fan favorite? I'm not impressed but whatever keeps Jaqu and Caroline away I can deal with (Caroline I did like at one point though, actually it was after seeing her on some talk show and thinking she was decent that was a big factor in deciding to give the show a chance.)

Joe Giudice reminded me of Tiny Tim with his "God Bless Us!" I can't help but wonder though if some of the Giudice family scenes were a last minute edit in, as we've seen in the past there's a lot of unused footage, given the very recent passing of his father. My usually cold heart did feel a little bad watching that scene, especially for Gia and the family as a whole. Eerie timing.

Criminal or not, any time a person talks about needing college money for their kids but have land they don't need, a house bigger than they need, ect, all I can think of is "shut up." Even with people who don't have that stuff, sure its nice to be able to give your kids money for school but it's not some good-given right for a kid ot get all the money from their parents. Most people do not and manage. Not being able to afford food for your kid is sad. College? Not so much, they can survive.

I'll hand it to Milania that at least she wanted to go read as Gabriella was looking at her HW. I'd wager the last thing her uncle Joe "read" was probably the letter she wrote to Antonia. I really am pulling for the Guidice girls to grow up to be smart, kind, level headed adults and believe they are all  too young for people to really judge their future based on however they may act now.

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 1

I need to find a way to put this on a bumper sticker. 

It was very sad to see Joe's dad say there are a lot of people against them.  Yes, there are a lot of people who work for the IRS and it's a funny thing, you have to follow laws.  Ya think I fucked my kids and failed to pay taxes?  Hmmm, how about the Christmas we never had, we were just focused on keeping our house and paying our debt.   I know that the IRS doesn't mean "I Really Shop".    

She signed her name on the fraudulent line over and over with her juicy love muffin.  Good thing Melania knows how to cook herself breakfast.  They will be growing up very fast.   I noticed she stopped that annoying giggle she use to do. 

The worse thing they can do is teach their kids they are victims and did nothing wrong.  Their children may possibly grow up not respecting authority, and the IRS people are assholes who ruined their family.  I would have much more respect to see them show some remorse.

Lablover, I swear if I had piles, my ass would be bleeding right now for poor Papa Guidice.  Yes, there are a lot of people against them, namely the countless vendors, former tenants and service providers the Juicy's willfully cheated.  I won't even touch on the fact that they deliberately filed a fraudulent bankruptcy petition, choosing not to disclose income from a contract that Tre had just signed and income from other sources.  Joe is the one who deliberately chose to defraud his business partner and to have his tenants living in unsafe and unsanitary conditions while he went home to that shrine to bad taste.  They are also the people who chose to flaunt their ill-gotten wealth on national T.V. in the foolish belief that they inspired envy in "the little people" who pay their taxes.

Good luck on Mr. and Mrs. Juicy teaching their children that they are the ones responsible for the misfortune that has befallen the family--not the IRS, not the guv'ment or the "haters" who wanted to see them fail.  They remind me of those Mob Wives, who actually had the audacity to blame the feds because their fathers, brothers, and husbands were in jail and weren't able to spend the holidays with the family.  "How unfair?!" They shrieked in outrage.  Meanwhile, there was no thought whatsoever to the victims of the crimes these sociopaths committed who will NEVER spend another day, much less a holiday, with their families again.

• Love 6
I'm confused on what the accusation Melissa mentioned was. Is she mad that Amber said she reached out to her? That is what Amber said, right? That she assumed Melissa knew because she got a message from her. She didn't say it was a bad message, yet Melissa was all "I don't like being accused of something I didn't do". Or is what she's mad about is that that would imply she knew but only sent her one message? I

I think Mel was mad because she was insistent that she had no idea Amber had cancer. Amber was acting like it was completely Mel's fault they had fallen out of touch, and Mel said something about it going "both ways". But Melissa seemed shocked to find out Amber had cancer, and Amber was saying that Melissa did know, because she reached out to her with the FB message. So I think Melissa feels Amber is basically saying she's lying about her awareness of the cancer issue.

• Love 1
(edited)

What a snooze fest. Hate to admit it, can't believe I think "little miss can't do wrong" Caroline or the potentially unstable Jaq (see her apparent unfortunate Twitter addiction from what I've heard on these boards) might be better. These new ladies seem to have the potential to be a bunch of screaming hyenas. Which I normally I would usually enjoy (don't watch these shows for the "luxurious" lifestyle).

Probably not enough room on the road to hell for all of us with our hand baskets and I'm cluttering it up more as Joe Giudice is still my favorite. Dr's and hygienist's? Priceless.

Edited for a very strange triple post in the same comment. Like anybody wants to read what I wrote even once. Now happened twice.

Edited by Jennifersdc
  • Love 2

I think Mel was mad because she was insistent that she had no idea Amber had cancer. Amber was acting like it was completely Mel's fault they had fallen out of touch, and Mel said something about it going "both ways". But Melissa seemed shocked to find out Amber had cancer, and Amber was saying that Melissa did know, because she reached out to her with the FB message. So I think Melissa feels Amber is basically saying she's lying about her awareness of the cancer issue.

I agree.  And it was 'strange' that when Melissa asked if Amber still had the post from Melissa on Facebook, she said she looked but it wasn't there anymore.  So Amber checked ahead of time??  Hmm.  Sounds like Amber had an agenda.

• Love 7

I don't believe for a second Mel didn't know that Amber had cancer. Facebook message or not, if they were friends on Facebook at the time I find it very hard to believe it was never mentioned. Plus "Amber, you had breast cancer??" was the fakest thing I've ever heard.

Also I hate the twins. My favorite thing about NJ is watching the big families with young kids. I don't get what their appeal is. They don't even have money (at least the one who lives with her parents).

• Love 2

This website goes into particulars on Federal Sentencing Guidelines.  I find it interesting that Teresa's counsel is not only attempting to argue the family hardship but the innocent spouse or minimal involvement mitigating factor.  It seems to me Teresa was the one hiding her earnings, bank accounts and book advances from the BK court.  I became further disheartened when I read the terms of Apollo Nida's restitution on his criminal conviction.  It seems he has to pay $250.00 a month or 25% over anything he makes over $2,500.00 a month.  Sigh. 

Particulars on the Teresa Giudice plea agreement http://tamaratattles.com/2014/03/04/the-terms-of-the-giudice-plea-deals-in-plain-english-part-one-teresa/#

The Apollo Nida restitution story http://tamaratattles.com/2014/07/16/apollo-nidas-restitution-order-is-a-bunch-of-bullshit/

I don't see Teresa ever really suffering any consequences of her actions.  Nor do I expect she will ever repay much towards the restitution order.  It will all fall on Joe's head.  He will be incarcerated and not paying and when he gets out he will just do deals under the table.  The one under the table employment that has now gone by the wayside for Joe is for years he worked under his father's contractor's license.  How long before we here Joe and his genius brother work under a deceased man's license?

So really, what difference did a plea make?  I guess Bravo was deprived of exciting footage of the Giudices leading up to trial.  It seems they waited until near the end of filming before entering their plea deal.  I wonder if it will decrease the number of episodes?