Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E19: Dottie & Cynthia LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

"I'll only do more surgery if I can recover at home."

Well, if you took care of yourself you could have been at home this whole time!

"Landon had an understandable reaction to his mother being gone for so long and that's ridiculous." 

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

Is Landon special needs? That's how Dottie talks about him 

If he isn't, somehow I think Dottie expects him to be. 

Landon needs him Momma! Even his daddy isn't good enough!

She's making Dr. Now the villain, keeping her away from her treasured Landon. 

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, Colleenna said:

Same here! And unless I'm  really  sick, once I'm  up, I am UP until bedtime  that night. Again,  unless I'm  sick, if I let my body sleep  as long as it wants to,  I'll  wake up within 5 minutes  either side of 8 hours.... 7:55 or 8:05...

I wish I could do that. If I let myself sleep...I will sleep. (I'm also a night owl who has to get up early so I have a hard time going to bed at a time that would let me get 8 hours.)

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, DropTheSoap said:

I still have 5 miles to do tonight, because I couldn’t get up at 5:30 am. 

It was finally nice this past weekend so I didn't have to run in a cold mist for the first time in weeks.  But now we are back to cold in the AM.  Lovely.

• Love 1

What did she say about the husband? Did he start smoking in the house? Drinking? 

3 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

How about a crock pot? Pr once a week cooking and freezing? No one needs to eat fast food. 

True or an instapot.   I do chili, Mississippi roast, red beans,  fiesta chicken, ratatouille and lots of other things in the crock pot.   If that is Cynthia, all she need so do is put the ingredients in the crockpot and go off to her job at school.  And she can cook a lot on Saturday for the upcoming week.  She needs to change her habits.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, FormeryHeavyJ said:

She calls THAT hard work?????  Listen chubs....hard work is going running with me at 530am when it's 40 degrees out.  

Nothing is worse than running when it's 90+ degrees out.  Any physical activity in that weather is just brutal.  I went for a hike once and failed to notice temperatures climbed up to 93 degrees... ended up having to be rescued (thankfully, not professionally, but did have to rely on kindness of strangers...  two friends were with me, but we all had to ask total strangers for a ride to the parking lot where my car was from the one where we ended up at when I realized I can't make it back because I am going into heat exhaustion). 

Dr. Now doesn't understand.

She can't exercise because she has kids (who are old enough to fend for themselves for a few hours a day).

And no, exercise doesn't make up the "gap" for eating crap.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Twopper said:

Well, we only had two, but I did the same.   I used to pack a healthy snack for our daughter and her friend that I took to gymnastics.  And also when we took them to piano lessons.  I would bring a picnic lunch to the sports events, too.   We occasionally did fast food, but it was more of a treat. 

I remember when I was about 15 my mom paid off her car and as a celebration we got Wendy’s. The fact that I remember that shows  about how often we ate fast food. And my mom was basically a single mother even before she got divorced, raised 2 kids, taught school, did the yearbook, and took graduate classes. 

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Snarkastikate said:

Pleeeez...  I don't need any pearls of wisdom from the characters on TLC's semi- reality shows.   

That bleached blonde psychic lady her hair looks less fried and she has no dark roots, I call bullshit on her being in quarantine because somebody did her hair.

• Love 6
Just now, Armchair Critic said:

That bleached blonde psychic lady her hair looks less fried and she has no dark roots, I call bullshit on her being in quarantine because somebody did her hair.

Maybe she got one of Lola's wigs.

• LOL 3

I find irony in Andrrrrei saying people should stay home. (Since leaving and working never seemed to be his thing. #90DF)

Dottie does have two beds together. 

Poor Landon doesn’t have a chance. 

• Love 4

I'm no Lola, but even I can see that Dottie's going to smother Landon to try to turn him into a child who needs his momma as much as her handicapped child did.  That's going to be her grief counseling.  And that ain't right.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 12

This argument is the highlight of the show so far.

This is not a compliment.

Once again, another one (Cynthia) who doesn't know that they've gained weight and NOT lost 60 pounds! She is small enough now to know the difference. And BTW, STFU and stop arguing with Dr. Now!

• Love 7
(edited)

I don’t understand why Dr Now is having an argument with Cynthia. Just dump her substantial ass!!

Edited by Kid
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, Concerned said:

Cyrhia’s another one who knows her body better than the doctor.

If she's got these kids in activities, why doesn't she walk around while they're doing stuff? Or go to the park and walk while waiting for practice to be over? There are choices; she doesn't want to try them.

• Love 13

Dr. Now, FIRE HER!

She is getting on my nerves, and she isn't even my patient.  I only have to deal with her for an hour...about an hour too long, but still just an hour.

• Love 5

Oh, Cynthia, shut your stupid mouth. She's okay with her weight, she doesn't care what Dr. Now's chart says, yada yada yada. She's fine in her own opinion. She's maintaining. She can't exercise. 

Sh*t. Did she just say "we both need therapy" to Dr. Now?

What a delusional trip she's on. Lord.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, Chicklet said:

"Whatever" like a snotty teenager. Or me on a bad day lol.

First with Dottie hiding under the blanket now her with the eye roll and looking the other way.. Man these people are just so oblivious. No wonder Dr. Now gets loud with them. 

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, Hellga said:

Hey, it's better than 'find a clean pot' or 'find a pot and wash it' as the first step! :)))

Do you want the recipe for the soup or for banana bread?  I am happy to share both in the Small Talk thread after the show. 🙂

I meant the soup but I'll take banana bread, too. I'll see which is better. (I forgot that the prescribed baking time in my oven makes it slightly well-done.)

I've never actually made soup.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Hellga said:

Nothing is worse than running when it's 90+ degrees out.  Any physical activity in that weather is just brutal.  I went for a hike once and failed to notice temperatures climbed up to 93 degrees... ended up having to be rescued (thankfully, not professionally, but did have to rely on kindness of strangers...  two friends were with me, but we all had to ask total strangers for a ride to the parking lot where my car was from the one where we ended up at when I realized I can't make it back because I am going into heat exhaustion). 

Heat exhaustion is scary! I had a bout of it attending a reggae festival with my newborn (stupid idea). I was nursing him and the temps were ~100, so I got dehydrated. I ended up going to the first aid tent. It was miserable.