Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E19: Dottie & Cynthia LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, mmecorday said:

Hey, everyone! My eating habit tonight was meatloaf, mashed potatoes and green beans. I used Juggalette Nicole's meatloaf recipe with crushed cheezits. I will not attempt another recipe from a 600-pounder ever again. Hopefully it will be decent for sandwiches.

Which one of us will be bored enough during this pandemic to compile a Poundicipant cookbook? 

https://youtu.be/zkr0xeFT4nk

• LOL 12
1 minute ago, poeticlicensed said:

What a terrible patient! You have drains in for a reason Einstein

In fairness, I understand her whining. I had an abdominal procedure that required drains and they were horrrrrrible.

Just now, mk828 said:

Wow! 6 minutes in and already an "It's not fair!" Setting records tonight

No kidding. I just tuned in. I remember Dottie. I disliked her, and felt bad that I did because she had the severely disabled son. But still. Her whining about "not fair" does not endear her to me. It's like she plays the "but I must be there for my child" card every time she doesn't get her way. 

DId she smoke and try to deny it? Or something hinky like that?

And, hi, Pounders! As of yesterday afternoon I've tested negative for COVID-19. Whatever kicked my butt and laid me out in bed for a couple of days, it wasn't the dreaded corona. So, there's that. (Not to minimize it. I was freaking out at the idea that I might have it and be infectious or contagious or whatever the right word is.)

Oh, sh*t, Dottie's throwing another hissyfit now. Is she competing for Mother of the Year or something?

• Love 20
2 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

Hey, everyone! My eating habit tonight was meatloaf, mashed potatoes and green beans. I used Juggalette Nicole's meatloaf recipe with crushed cheezits. I will not attempt another recipe from a 600-pounder ever again. Hopefully it will be decent for sandwiches.

I made a new recipe for turkey (we don't eat beef) meatloaf over the weekend.  It was really good.  Comfort good during the pandemic.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, umgoblue said:

Hey there!  Eating habit: turkey burger, mac m cheese, and for dessert: 1 (yes, one) lemon oreo thin. 🙂

I bought a Pepperidge farm chocolate variety box on Monday. I only eat one...about every hour LOL. Surprised I have any left.

my oh my Dottie is having quite the hissy fit. 

• LOL 10

She's hit an emotional stress point which is common when you've been in the hospital for a long time feel terrible. It's the kind of time when you either want someone to just listen or to be left alone.  I feel bad for her.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, Twopper said:

Hi to my peeps.  Just a few minutes late as I was hand washing the dishes.  Since we are not   going out to eat anymore I am using the good china and silver at most meals.  (We use the silver all the time anyway, but the china not as often).

Tonight's eating habit--poppyseed chicken casserole, rice, broccoli, and peach cobbler with vanilla bean ice cream.   Pretty sure that would not be approved on the Dr Now diet plan.

"Since we are not  going out to eat anymore I am using the good china and silver at most meals"--what a wonderful idea!

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, babyhouseman said:

And when I see Dottie's name., I think of Dottie West, the country singer. 

I think of a wonderful girl that I went to middle and high school with.  I hope she will be at our 50th class reunion that is next year---assuming there is a next year, but  with the rise of viruses and murder hornets I am not counting on it.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Azubah said:

Dottie needs a LOT of Xanax.

I've really been missing my xanax prescription lately... (it was about 20 years ago I last had it).

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Twopper said:

poppyseed chicken casserole

I hope there were Ritz crackers on top of it!

1 minute ago, Twopper said:

I think of a wonderful girl that I went to middle and high school with.  I hope she will be at our 50th class reunion that is next year---assuming there is a next year, but  with the rise of viruses and murder hornets I am not counting on it.

I think of my beloved  antique auntie.  

• Love 1
(edited)

Cynthia’s kids should NOT be living on fast food either!!!  So she’s not doing this for her kids.

Edited by Kid
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, Twopper said:

Back when I was in grammar school we had nuns so mean that school would never have been cancelled.  Building on fire?  Just move to the unburnt section and continue the beatings.  

I had teachers (and one principal) that would have scared The Wild Samoans.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
(edited)
8 minutes ago, Twopper said:

Hi to my peeps.  Just a few minutes late as I was hand washing the dishes.  Since we are not   going out to eat anymore I am using the good china and silver at most meals.  (We use the silver all the time anyway, but the china not as often).

Tonight's eating habit--poppyseed chicken casserole, rice, broccoli, and peach cobbler with vanilla bean ice cream.   Pretty sure that would not be approved on the Dr Now diet plan.

Ummm...as we have learned from M600PL, you are supposed to be using paper plates.  Oh yeah, and eating in a broken recliner chair.  Get with the program!

(Great idea!)

ETA: Or as Cynthia is reminding us, on the bed...with your six kids, each taking a corner or any real estate you can find.  SMDH.

Edited by umgoblue
Because apparently I wasn't done ranting.
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, mmecorday said:

And I thought is said she was having surgery to remove excess skin from her anus.

I think it's time for you to turn on CC, but I like your interpretation better.

Cynthia looks so good with her new hairdo, but supersize anything isn't a good way to get skin removal. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

This is one of those instances when the Oxford comma is absolutely essential. Otherwise it would have looked like you had broccoli and peach cobbler with vanilla bean ice cream.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, umgoblue said:

Ummm...as we have learned from M600PL, you are supposed to be using paper plates.  Oh yeah, and eating in a broken recliner chair.  Get with the program!

(Great idea!)

Or on the bed. Like Cynthia.

• Love 3

She does not understand the process at all! Even if she loses more weight in another year,  she will not be able to keep any of the weight off unless she makes a behavioral changes. Eventually, she will be right back where she started.  It’s hard to believe that this was not explained to her and that she does not understand it.

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

I think of my cousin's wife...who is in her 30s (and she's Dot, not Dottie).

I think of the gumdrops in the yellow box that were flavored with plastic and sadness, and were the quintessential cheapskate Halloween candy. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 3
Just now, ams1001 said:

I think of my cousin's wife...who is in her 30s (and she's Dot, not Dottie).

I had both.  My father  had  a sister  named  Dorothy,  who went by Dottie.  My father's  brother  (my uncle) married a  woman  named  Dorothy,  who went by Dot. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Giant Misfit said:

I hope there were Ritz crackers on top of it!

yeah, there were.   I get the casserole pre-made  from  an upscale  wine cellar, deli, grocery that's about 6 or 7 blocks away.  They make great casseroles.  It's where I am spending a lot of our corona money.  On food and wine.  I want them to stay in business.  It is local; they have a couple of other stores, and I will be most unhappy if they go out of business.  Also it is a great place to buy meat.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Kid said:

Cynthia’s kid should NOT be living on fast food either!!!  So she’s not doing this for her kids.

She's the one who's always whinging that she needs to take care of her kids (even though the youngest is what, 10 or 11? Not like they need changing and burping and bath and story time). Those big hulking kids can clean, do laundry, and cook to help their mother. Sheesh. "I need to take care of my kids" is Cynthia-speak for "I don't want to change or make any effort". 

• Love 12