Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E19: Dottie & Cynthia LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

Dottie faces an unexpected challenge to her weight-loss when her husband's drinking problem becomes intolerable for her and her son. Cynthia starts to wonder if being there for her kids at her current weight is more important than losing more.

Cynthia is a single mom of 5 (including her own little Cinderella) and a teacher, who proclaimed proudly:  "I don't agree with Dr Now. I DON'T NEED NO THERAPY!!!"; "I don't have no emotional triggers. I have no food addiction. I just love to eat'; "I am going to stop living up to other people's expectations, including Dr Now's." Let's see how her sleeve is holding up.

Dottie is back for Where Are They Now #3.  When last we saw her, she was extremely depressed which was exacerbated by the death of her disabled son.  Somehow she shared an episode with Sean and they were in an epic battle for most depressed poundticipant.  

This is the LIVE CHAT episode thread.  It will be open during the US East Coast and West Coast showings.

Original air date 2020.05.06.

• Love 8
(edited)

Hi all! Tonight's eating habit was turkey with gravy, mashed potatoes, peas, and cranberry sauce, picked up from the front porch of a tiny, delicious takeout place, with a very limited menu, that I call "my parents' house." 😉 I paid in banana bread (due to some optimistic banana-buying on Friday, I have officially joined the ranks of the quarantine bakers).

I remember Dottie, mostly because of her son. I don't remember Cynthia; let's see if my memory gets jogged (it'll be the only jogging associated with this show, probably).

Edited by ams1001
  • LOL 9
  • Love 5

Hi, Pounders.

Dottie's sister had the best line ever.

"PAH!  A chocolate chip PAH!"

I now repeat that line when I am tempted to go off of my Keto diet. It works every time. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
Just now, Pepper Mostly said:

Hello Pounders! Hope you are all well and keeping safe! Eating habit a turkey and Swiss panini, followed by some lemon poppyseed bundt cake. 

Mmmmm….bundt cake......arrrgggghhhhhh…...

• LOL 1
Just now, umgoblue said:

Hey there!  Eating habit: turkey burger, mac m cheese, and for dessert: 1 (yes, one) lemon oreo thin. 🙂

I should have had chicken wings to commemorate Dottie's WATN!

• LOL 7
Just now, Pepper Mostly said:

Hello Pounders! Hope you are all well and keeping safe! Eating habit a turkey and Swiss panini, followed by some lemon poppyseed bundt cake. 

I made orange poppyseed bundt cake last week--great recipe from The Silver Palate.  Unfoooortunately, I was the only person in the house who liked it.  Yup, it's gone--ate every piece over about 5 days! YUM.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, FormeryHeavyJ said:

Mmmmm….bundt cake......arrrgggghhhhhh…...

Baked by my dainty hands. I think I've finally found a good recipe--substituted a half cup of almond flour for some of the AP flour, plus a lemon soaking syrup. Yum. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, FormeryHeavyJ said:

"I didn't know it would be this hard"

That's what she said.  

--Michael Scott

Michael Scott can be quoted in just about every situation in life! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

Fasting day today.  I need to become not-obese in case I get the virus and I’ve been much too lax with the carbs.  Tomorrow fish and spinach for dinner!

• Love 6
(edited)

Cynthia is from Oklahoma City, and has a couple of her bio. kids, and adopted her cousins kids.     

I'm rooting for Cynthia, and Dottie.       I feel sorry for Dottie, it must be hard to fight through the loss of her son, and keep on going.  

Tossing the blanket over your face isn't the most mature way to act.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, LizzyB said:

I made orange poppyseed bundt cake last week--great recipe from The Silver Palate.  Unfoooortunately, I was the only person in the house who liked it.  Yup, it's gone--ate every piece over about 5 days! YUM.

If my banana bread lasts through the weekend I'll be shocked. (Though I gave my parents a piece equivalent to two thick slices or four thin slices, too.)

• Love 2

Hey, everyone! My eating habit tonight was meatloaf, mashed potatoes and green beans. I used Juggalette Nicole's meatloaf recipe with crushed cheezits. I will not attempt another recipe from a 600-pounder ever again. Hopefully it will be decent for sandwiches.

• LOL 10
2 minutes ago, umgoblue said:

Hey there!  Eating habit: turkey burger, mac m cheese, and for dessert: 1 (yes, one) lemon oreo thin. 🙂

One ! That would have to be the last one, I would have 2 have 2 !!! LOLOL 😉🍪🍪

• LOL 2
3 minutes ago, ThereButFor said:

Fasting day today.  I need to become not-obese in case I get the virus and I’ve been much too lax with the carbs.  Tomorrow fish and spinach for dinner!

You go, ThereButFor!

I had a keto grilled cheese with sugar-free ketchup.

Hi to my peeps.  Just a few minutes late as I was hand washing the dishes.  Since we are not   going out to eat anymore I am using the good china and silver at most meals.  (We use the silver all the time anyway, but the china not as often).

Tonight's eating habit--poppyseed chicken casserole, rice, broccoli, and peach cobbler with vanilla bean ice cream.   Pretty sure that would not be approved on the Dr Now diet plan.

• Love 10